PDA

View Full Version : Meet Punkinhead! - 2018 Oct 4 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
10-04-18, 12:23 AM
Meet Punkinhead! Android and iOS. This is a Goal Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Greetings fellow Farmers,

It's time to prepare your farms for upcoming event. I can't wait to see what exciting prizes the Farm 2 team has for us! :D Let's start our preparations...

https://i.imgur.com/3165GlZ.jpg

Before we dive in when the event starts, I like to suggest that players read the Guidelines for Events to understand how event works, know what to do or not to do for the event. Read sections Tips and Notes.

Guidelines for Goal Event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

Always check Posts #1-3 for latest information.

Post #1 - updates and announcements
Post #2 - event information
Post #3 - event crafts

Please be mindful of forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) when posting.

Find the Punkinhead kid to get Pumpkin Baskets and Pumpkin Seeds! Help decorate the farm and win Smashing Pumpkins!

Complete all "Night Of The Living Punkinhead" goals and win the Punkinhead pet! Available until Oct 16.

Update:
Witch Cat is 1 time use and you'll need to put Purple Candy Corn in Witch Cat's Library to get her to appear.
Cauldron can be used infinitely during the event.

New Upgrades
Barn (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247793&viewfull=1#post1247793) - new max capacity at 1,835
Silo (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247815&viewfull=1#post1247815) - new max capacity at 1,835

Poll

New Question added in Poll

Sounds like some of you couldn't complete this event. :( I've added Question 3 for those of you who didn't complete.

3. Which goal did you stop at?

For the 4 members who have already voted you didn't complete, sorry you cant vote again. You can either pm me or post in this thread for me to add your votes to this question. If you have completed the event, you are not affected, only those who didn't complete the event. Thanks.

judyandthecat
10-04-18, 09:17 AM
A new event will likely give us Smashing Pumpkins
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47725

Event Drops
Crown - from Passion Fruit vines
Feathered Hats - from chicken
Glitter - from Fishing Pond
Hook - from collecting crafts in the Kitchen
Magic Wand - from mining
Pointed Hat - from deliveries
Pumpkin Baskets - from Punkin

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
Hey there! Have you seen a little kid running around the farm? It looks like he has a pumpkin on his head! Hopefully he's not trapped.
Get 1 Pumpkin basket from Punkinhead
Punkinhead is a random popup like a butterfly or a mole
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Smashing Pumpkin, 3 xp points

Goal 2 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
That little kid took off as soon as I got close! How mischievous! I have to get the Chickens all dressed up for Halloween, so I don't have time to track him down. Do you think you could help?
Find 1 Feathered Hat from the chickens
Pick up 1 hook (from the kitchen)
Make 1 Pirates Costume in the Farmers Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Witch's Cat Library, 3 xp points

Goal 3 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
Morgan put me in charge of making the pigs look pretty! I'm going to need some things if I'm going to pull this off...
Find 1 Crown from the Passion Vines
Find 1 Glitter from fishing
Make 1 Princess Costume in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 2 Smashing Pumpkins, 3 xp points

Goal 4 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
Do you know who this little kid is that's running around? He's leaving Pumpkin Seeds all over the place! Morgan's gonna be mad...
Gather 1 Pointed Witch Hat from Plane Deliveries
Gather 1 Magic Wand from the mine
Make 1 Witch Costume in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Cauldron Boil, 3 xp points

Goal 5 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
That little kid is still running wild! I'm going to track them down. Can you help me dress up the animals?
Give Morgan 3 Pirate Costumes
Give Morgan 3 Princess Costumes
Give Morgan 3 Witch Costumes

Goal 6 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
Something's up with that little Punkinhead kid. I know this is going to sound obvious based on what he's wearing, but he really seems to like Halloween!
Give Morgan 4 Pirate Costumes
Give Morgan 4 Princess Costumes
Give Morgan 4 Witch Costumes

Goal 7 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
The Punkinhead kid has such a fiesty spirit --- anytime I get close to them, they disappear! I think maybe it might be time to call another kid in to help us...
Give Morgan 5 Pirate Costumes
Give Morgan 5 Princess Costumes
Give Morgan 5 Witch Costumes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Great Smashing Pumpkin, 3 xp points

Goal 8 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
I finally talked to the Punkinhead Kid! I just had to offer them some candy.they really like it here on our farm -- and they say if we get enough animals dressed up, they'll want to stay forever! I don't know about to you, but to me, Punkinhead looks like a good time!
Give Morgan 6 Pirate Costumes
Give Morgan 6 Princess Costumes
Give Morgan 6 Witch Costumes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Great Smashing Pumpkin, 3 xp points

Goal 9 of 9: Night of the Living Punkinhead
Just a few more costumes, and Punkinhead will be here to live with us forever!
Give Morgan 7 Pirate Costumes
Give Morgan 7 Princess Costumes
Give Morgan 7 Witch Costumes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Punkinhead, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
Goal 1 of 2: Witch Cat's Library
A wise old cat has a huge collection in her library... If we give her a few Candy Corn treats, she'll help us with items for the event!
Buy the witches cat library from the Market
Send 1 plane delivery
Get 5 Purple Candy Corn
REWARDS: 25 gems, 3 xp points

Goal 2 of 2: Witch Cat's Library
Give Witch Cat Purple Candy Corn and see what you get!
Give Purple Candy Corn to Witch Cat x3
Get Pumpkin Baskets from Witch Cat x3
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 xps

Goal 1 of 2: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble
Punkinhead found this old cauldron! If we could make Pumpkin Potion, we'll have a brew going!
Have Specialty Goods x1
Make Pumpkin Potion x1 (in Specialty Goods)

Goal 2 of 2: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble
Put your Pumpkin Potion in the Cauldron and the magic will happen!
Put your Pumpkin Potion in the Cauldron x5

Event Prizes
Punkinhead pet (goes into Haunted House)
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Witches Cat Library - 25 gems

judyandthecat
10-04-18, 04:06 PM
Witches, Cats and Big Black Bats
Event Crafts

Pirate's Costume
30 minutes in the Farmer's Outpost
15 Feathered Hats
3 hooks
3 Pumpkin Baskets

Princess Costume
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
2 Crowns
3 Glitter
3 Pumpkin Baskets

Witch Costume
1 hour in the Farmer's Outpost
3 Pointed Hats
2 Magic Wands
3 Pumpkin Baskets

These costumes are invisible afte you make them so not in you barn

judyandthecat
10-04-18, 04:11 PM
Witches, Cats and Punkinhead!

Mitzi111
10-04-18, 05:17 PM
About those little pumpkin baskets obtained from tapping on the pumpkin guy who randomly pops up... what are those baskets used for? They are flooding the market... should I buy them for later?

Lapetshop7
10-04-18, 06:18 PM
This is a new event to win a pet prize. Check your goal tab

About those little pumpkin baskets obtained from tapping on the pumpkin guy who randomly pops up... what are those baskets used for? They are flooding the market... should I buy them for later?

HappyBunny09
10-04-18, 08:03 PM
Why are the hooks not showing up in my inventory.?? I have already cooked several things in the kitchen and still nothing.

judyandthecat
10-04-18, 08:16 PM
Why are the hooks not showing up in my inventory.?? I have already cooked several things in the kitchen and still nothing.

It is a random drop from gathering the cooked items.

HappyBunny09
10-04-18, 09:24 PM
It is a random drop from gathering the cooked items.

Thank You that sucks that it?s random drop

Mitzi111
10-05-18, 01:56 AM
This is a new event to win a pet prize. Check your goal tab

Thanks Lapetshop7. It looks like I only need a few of those baskets to make costumes. I thought there must have been another goal that I was missing that would take a whole bunch of baskets.

tsumtsum27
10-05-18, 02:18 AM
My library witch cat came with no cat ?

judyandthecat
10-05-18, 03:12 AM
Do you know who this little kid is that's running around? He's leaving Pumpkin Seeds all over the place! Morgan's gonna be mad...
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Cauldron Boil, 3 XP points

That little kid is still running wild! I'm going to track them down. Can you help me dress up the animals?
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Smashing Pumpkin, 3 XP points

Please note the costumes you are making are invisible so are not in the barn

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 04:13 AM
Event Drops
Crown - from Passion Fruit vines
Feathered Hats - from chicken
Glitter - from Fishing Pond
Hook - from collecting crafts in the Kitchen
Magic Wand - from mining
Pointed Hat - from deliveries

HelloUncertainty
10-05-18, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know if the witch cat and cauldron are a one time use?

ankavale1000
10-05-18, 07:49 AM
Does anyone know if the witch cat and cauldron are a one time use?

I think the cat is one time use, but I can't be certain since I don't plan on collecting it. It is so cute I want to save it as deco after event. The cauldron though, u can use it as many times as u want. It drops really good items n four items at a time for me.

RoyalBlue305
10-05-18, 08:29 AM
Any info on the Witch Cat?s Library? I bought and fed it the purple candy and I got the little white rocks and it disappeared. So it?s 25 gems each time to get white rocks? I?m not too sure what the white rocks do. Is there a prize at the end for repeating this task over and over or is it just for white rocks and/or other event pieces? Thank you.

PookieBear50
10-05-18, 12:14 PM
I would like to know too, and for the same reasons.

kikTres
10-05-18, 12:33 PM
Any info on the Witch Cat?s Library? I bought and fed it the purple candy and I got the little white rocks and it disappeared. So it?s 25 gems each time to get white rocks? I?m not too sure what the white rocks do. Is there a prize at the end for repeating this task over and over or is it just for white rocks and/or other event pieces? Thank you.

I think the library cat will drop a variety of items (items needed to complete goals).
The white rocks (or they might be considered white seeds) you received will eventually be needed to craft an item in the Specialty Store. It is a little vial or something. You end up using it for the Cauldron Boil.
The Cauldron Boil tends to drop 4 or more items (usually items needed to craft goal items)

HelloUncertainty
10-05-18, 01:53 PM
I think the cat is one time use, but I can't be certain since I don't plan on collecting it. It is so cute I want to save it as deco after event. The cauldron though, u can use it as many times as u want. It drops really good items n four items at a time for me.

Thank you for such a thorough answer. I don't want to use it either. It's absolutely adorable and I have a feeling it's a one time use as well.

dawnsstx
10-05-18, 01:58 PM
Already annoyed. Been in that kitchen all day not a single hook. If this is another event where the drop rates stink but we are expected to play and play, I?m out.

Lapetshop7
10-05-18, 02:04 PM
You just have to keep at it! 1 drops in mine after like 3-5 uses.. And make sure to check the newspaper. People have been selling items!

Already annoyed. Been in that kitchen all day not a single hook. If this is another event where the drop rates stink but we are expected to play and play, I?m out.

Lapetshop7
10-05-18, 02:05 PM
I am on goal 7 and just now having to make 3 of each costumes. I guess because I'm on level 25.

REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Cauldron Boil, 3 XP points

REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Smashing Pumpkin, 3 XP points

Please note the costumes you are making are invisible so are not in the barn

Lapetshop7
10-05-18, 05:23 PM
I completed goal 7 and got a smoking Cauldron from my great smashing pumpkin. Can't wait to see what the great smashing pumpkin from goal 8 gives!

Scalezzzz
10-05-18, 06:00 PM
Thank you for such a thorough answer. I don't want to use it either. It's absolutely adorable and I have a feeling it's a one time use as well.

It is a one time use.

little_veggie
10-05-18, 07:39 PM
Mine too , where is the cat?

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 10:10 PM
I am on goal 7 and just now having to make 3 of each costumes. I guess because I'm on level 25.

Goals for each event may differ according to farm level. Judy and I are recording from high level farms. Hope this clarifies.

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 10:13 PM
Update:

Witch Cat is 1 time use and you'll need to put Purple Candy Corn in Witch Cat's Library to get her to appear.
Cauldron can be used infinitely during the event.

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 10:18 PM
Punkinhead found this old cauldron! If we could make Pumpkin Potion, we'll have a brew going!
Have Specialty Goods x1

little_veggie
10-06-18, 01:51 AM
Where do I get the cauldron from please , does it not appear until I have completed a certain goal . I am in a right muddle with this one !! :confused:

princessskykennedy
10-06-18, 02:39 AM
If you give the library candy corn to make the cat appear-can you then keep as decoration?? Or does it give item right away and disappear? Thx

judyandthecat
10-06-18, 04:39 AM
If you give the library candy corn to make the cat appear-can you then keep as decoration?? Or does it give item right away and disappear? Thx

I fed mine and have it as a decoration have to make sure finger doesn't touch it

princessskykennedy
10-06-18, 05:44 AM
I fed mine and have it as a decoration have to make sure finger doesn't touch it
Thank you so much!!

Paul__
10-06-18, 07:22 AM
Does anyone know if the pumpkin cauldron is a one time use?

suncatchers
10-06-18, 08:31 AM
The cauldron is not a one time use. Use the pumpkin seeds to make the potion for it. It drops event items - very useful!

WINDHAMHILLS
10-06-18, 01:19 PM
Where do you go to get the witch’s hats? I bought some from the newspaper but now I need more and no one is selling. I don’t remember where i got them from before I was able to buy a few. Maybe from deliveries?

gdr4gon
10-06-18, 02:01 PM
Anyone know what we are getting at the end of the pumpkinhead event?

Scalezzzz
10-06-18, 02:22 PM
Anyone know what we are getting at the end of the pumpkinhead event?

Punkinhead pet.

Lapetshop7
10-06-18, 03:20 PM
Sending deliveries from the airplane!

Where do you go to get the witch?s hats? I bought some from the newspaper but now I need more and no one is selling. I don?t remember where i got them from before I was able to buy a few. Maybe from deliveries?

Lapetshop7
10-06-18, 03:22 PM
I got my pumpkin head today. So cute! Lol I won a haunted manor with my 2nd great pumpkin that goal 8 gave!

PinkPiggie1230
10-06-18, 03:49 PM
So I crafted the cow's witch costume and the pig's princess costume and I can't find them to apply them to the animals. I read that they are invisible...what does that mean? How do you dress up your animals then?

judyandthecat
10-06-18, 03:54 PM
So I crafted the cow's witch costume and the pig's princess costume and I can't find them to apply them to the animals. I read that they are invisible...what does that mean? How do you dress up your animals then?

These costumes are what you turn into Morgan to win the Punkinhead pet they aren't animal skins.

judyandthecat
10-06-18, 03:56 PM
I got my pumpkin head today. So cute! Lol I won a haunted manor with my 2nd great pumpkin that goal 8 gave!

Big, big congratulations
What habitat does he live in?

gc0912
10-06-18, 06:25 PM
Can anyone who has finished remember what Goals 8 & 9 we’re please? I want to work out how many of each part I need to keep before I start selling things off!

draughnc
10-06-18, 07:33 PM
Can anyone who has finished remember what Goals 8 & 9 we’re please? I want to work out how many of each part I need to keep before I start selling things off!
Level 8 was 6 of each and level 9 was 7 of each for me.

ankavale1000
10-06-18, 09:28 PM
I got my Crystal Ball with a floating ghost from Great Smashing Pumpkin won from goal 7. I'm beyond happy now! Thank u for putting together such a wonderful event.

tsumtsum27
10-06-18, 10:04 PM
Where will the pumkin head pet live ?

gc0912
10-07-18, 06:01 AM
Level 8 was 6 of each and level 9 was 7 of each for me.

Thanks very much! Now to start calculating!

judyandthecat
10-07-18, 06:35 AM
Where will the pumkin head pet live ?

He lives in the Haunted House with the ghosts

PinkPiggie1230
10-07-18, 07:10 AM
Thanks for letting me know. That's very upsetting :(

Lapetshop7
10-07-18, 12:11 PM
How is it upsetting lol? The haunted house looks like a decoration lol. I like it!

PookieBear50
10-07-18, 12:57 PM
My kitchen is not cooperating, and neither are my chickens...stuck on 5/9 and not sure I'll ever be able to find enough hooks and hats to make all the Pirate costumes I'll be needing.

In the meantime, if I make the other costumes in advance (anything to clear out the event-item clutter in my barn), will they remain available to give WHEN I am finally able to advance to 6/9 (and any other steps)?

Scalezzzz
10-07-18, 02:21 PM
My kitchen is not cooperating, and neither are my chickens...stuck on 5/9 and not sure I'll ever be able to find enough hooks and hats to make all the Pirate costumes I'll be needing.

In the meantime, if I make the other costumes in advance (anything to clear out the event-item clutter in my barn), will they remain available to give WHEN I am finally able to advance to 6/9 (and any other steps)?

Yes! I’ve been making them in advance and giving them once I finally move on to the next goal.

ozigal
10-07-18, 04:08 PM
My chickens aren't playing the game either. Cannot get any hats from them so truly stuck,and not seeing any in the market so I am guessing I am not the only one with this difficulty. One would think you would get one measly hat drop from 12 chickens. Looks like 6/9 is where I am staying. Good luck to all

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 04:30 AM
After completing goal two, I didn?t find the witch cat?s library in my cellar, only a sheep-o-lantern. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I've moved your bug post to this bug thread together with others. Please see my reply there.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106289-Missing-Prize-Punkinhead-Challenge

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 04:34 AM

Dont be upset. Players have asked for the team to put new pets into existing habitats. Punkinhead lives happily with Ghost and Sweet Spirit in the Haunted House.

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 05:15 AM
Where do I get the cauldron from please , does it not appear until I have completed a certain goal . I am in a right muddle with this one !! :confused:

The Cauldron Boil turns up with this goal series.

Have Specialty Goods x1

Heymichx
10-08-18, 05:44 AM
I’m stuck on needing 4 pirates. First pirate bought mainly via market but they are just not available now. To get my second pirate underway I have got 100 eggs on sale, deleted more batches to make space, made egg on toast, other recipies with eggs. Getting bored now trying to get 3rd pirate started and nowhere left to put them unless I delete further. Go back to work this evening after a week off so guessing I won’t get to complete this one. I would like a hat at least every 12-24 chickens or maybe odd cauldron find?

pspoiled65
10-08-18, 12:58 PM
I am having a problem getting pirate hats too

oozeulb
10-08-18, 09:07 PM
I bought a witch cat library. My question is .. both smashing pumpkins in the market say one time use. The library doesn’t say one time use however I gave it purple candy and when it was ready I collected? and the library disappeared! I found a smashing pumpkin in my cellar and smashed it, I’m assuming from the library, and received pig feed �� Shouldn’t I still have my witch cat library? Thank you ����

Rynetory2
10-09-18, 01:59 AM
I bought a witch cat library. My question is .. both smashing pumpkins in the market say one time use. The library doesn’t say one time use however I gave it purple candy and when it was ready I collected? and the library disappeared! I found a smashing pumpkin in my cellar and smashed it, I’m assuming from the library, and received pig feed �� Shouldn’t I still have my witch cat library? Thank you ����

The Witch Cat Library is one time use. See Post 1.

Lilliepaddd
10-09-18, 09:21 AM
Pleaeeeeesseeeee LoL increase pirate hat drop, only 2 at the most if lucky...my hand hurts :(

ploppy4
10-09-18, 12:07 PM
Is there any chance that Storm8 will allow us to buy more than one Hanted House habitat? I’ve already got 3 ghosts in mine and the game won’t let me buy another one. Don’t really want to banish anyone to the cellar!

olcastle
10-09-18, 01:25 PM
Is there any chance that Storm8 will allow us to buy more than one Hanted House habitat? I?ve already got 3 ghosts in mine and the game won?t let me buy another one. Don?t really want to banish anyone to the cellar!

I really hope so but they refused to do anything in even worse situation with habitat for the unicorns (4 different unicorns and 1 habitat with 3 slots).

Lilliepaddd
10-10-18, 08:12 AM
Still not getting enough pirate hats, have mercy! This is brutal! Please increase drop rate thanks.

orleansparish
10-10-18, 01:44 PM
It seems I?m having the same problem as everyone else. This reminds me of the goal with the dog, where we needed tattered papers from chickens and I gave up because it was like draining blood from stone.

I?ve been able to buy TWO whole hats from the stand. Someone had five in sale but as usual, when I clicked on them the screen did nothing and then got filled with something else.

This even is so frustrating. But I?m still at it because I want the end prize. I don?t have any ghosts because I quit during that time.

I want something!!! They are SO very cute.

orleansparish
10-10-18, 01:51 PM
I was unsure of it at first because I thought I was just tapping too quickly, but it?s been confirmed.

I am NOT getting the items when collecting from the couldron. I had 13 pirate hats, the couldron gave me 1. But I still have 13.

I had 1 hook, the couldron gave me 2 but I still have only 1 to use.

Is anyone else having this issue? This would have helped me get to the 7th part.

dawnsstx
10-10-18, 03:27 PM
Seriously Storm 8, I don’t mind spending a little money to win something cute and cool but at these drop rates on those pirate hats, I either need to spend 20 hours a day playing the game every 30 minutes to craft 2-3 or spend over 50 -100 diamonds to “cook”them for EACH one. This is insane, why don’t you fix this or put some in the shops or make it a pay event. This is bordering fraud. I’m a high level player who has played for years and buy diamonds frequently. This isn’t “oh I don’t want to spend money”, this is severe disgust. I have almost left this game twice before over things like this but for some reason I don’t, maybe that’s the problem, enough of us just don’t de-install the game and move on. There should be enough comments on this for you to wake up.

Scalezzzz
10-10-18, 03:29 PM
I keep forgetting to feed my chickens but I FINALLY made it to the last goal. I should have enough time to finish and get the Punkinhead.

Also very happy that I got the vampire cat! I wanted her since last Halloween but did not have enough gems. Got her from my first great smashing pumpkin :o

Good luck to everyone!

Jadedrose32
10-10-18, 04:13 PM
I am having a problem getting pirate hats too I cant get hats from my chickens either or afford the great pumpkin with diamonds oit of the market for 100 diamonds so no other prizes either and i play 24/7. its very frustrating im not liking this challenge. also add me please for neighbors Jadedrose32 thanks

pspoiled65
10-10-18, 04:13 PM
I finished. I kept going to lower level farms to find pirate hats. It was a pain but, it worked

pspoiled65
10-10-18, 04:16 PM
I cant get hats from my chickens either or afford the great pumpkin with diamonds oit of the market for 100 diamonds so no other prizes either and i play 24/7. its very frustrating im not liking this challenge. also add me please for neighbors Jadedrose32 thanks

I sent you a neighbor request

ozigal
10-10-18, 05:55 PM
This Event for me has to be the worse one for random drops. Cannot even get enough pirate hats from the chickens to make one pirate costume a day. That is ridiculous.At this rate noway is there enough time to complete all the chapters because the requirements keep on increasing each chapter and I've been stuck on a chapter for near on 4 days as it is. I am out of this event and hope the next one is more pleasurable.

little_veggie
10-10-18, 10:36 PM
Fraid I agree. Working hard to get a pumpkin and then getting goat food ...again. And trying to make chicken costumes over and over has put me right off . Good luck all xxx

racrgrl
10-11-18, 03:12 PM
Right there with y'all. This is definitely the most frustrating of them all. I like a challenge, but this is nuts! You can't even find them in the paper because everyone else is either in the same boat, or so frustrated they gave up and aren't bothering. I play multiple games and usually they dial up the drop rate a LITTLE bit when everyone is struggling this bad. I thought it was a bit crazy when I saw how many hats we needed, but thought the drop rate may be higher. NOPE! I am averaging 1 - 1 1/2 chickens a day and I am still at 7/9, so I have lost hope at this point. Not to mention my chickens aren't even dropping every other time anymore. I should've gone with my gut and just sold stuff, but I am so sick of chickens now...I am out! Luck to y'all!!!

gc0912
10-11-18, 04:16 PM
I’m suffering with the lack of hats as well. To me it seems like they’ve increased the number of times Punkinhead appears (I had 5 of him at one time just now) so please can the number of hats be increased.

oozeulb
10-11-18, 05:32 PM
I have a question.. when this event started I bought the witch cat library. I gave it purple candy and when I collected the “prise” of pig feed my library disappeared. I looked everywhere to see if it was a one time use before I bought it and it doesn’t say it is anywhere that I can find!? So I am wondering what happened to my library! Please help! Thank you :)

judyandthecat
10-11-18, 07:01 PM
I have a question.. when this event started I bought the witch cat library. I gave it purple candy and when I collected the “prise” of pig feed my library disappeared. I looked everywhere to see if it was a one time use before I bought it and it doesn’t say it is anywhere that I can find!? So I am wondering what happened to my library! Please help! Thank you :)

It is one Time Use please see post one of this thread

oozeulb
10-11-18, 07:25 PM
Thank you! I wish it said that like the other one time use items do.. like the smashing pumpkins. That would be helpful. I would have kept it as a decoration!

Actually, I think it is unfair to post some items clearly as one time use and have other one time use items that don’t say they are, guess it’s a guessing game too! So now game players are supposed to read every thread on this site to be sure to understand what’s what before assuming things are clearly stated in game play? Ha. NOT FAIR!

jesslc41
10-11-18, 11:36 PM
Question for Lapetshop7 or any other lower level player:

How many of each costume do lower level players need to make for the final goal (step 9)? I started late and am trying to work out if I can make it, and also wondering how many pig and cow costumes to make ahead. I need two more pirate chicken costumes and then I'm done with step 8. Also if anyone is selling feathered hats (pirate hats) please friend me.

tromalyt
10-12-18, 01:27 AM
Yesterday everybody was selling eggs at the market.

Today is hard to find somebody who is selling more than 10 eggs, or quiche, or fried eggs.

Apparently most people have given up already.

Peggyg723
10-12-18, 05:49 AM
Tromalyt - I think they have changed the rate bots are buying the eggs etc.... my market was full (12 slots) last night and woke to all sold! NICE... now if those chickens would just give up some hats...

Scalezzzz
10-12-18, 12:09 PM
I got Punkinhead! I think Punkinhead and the gnomes are my favorite farm friends (calling then pets is just weird). I love how he rubs his belly while waiting to be fed. It’s cute! Will keep collecting from my chickens to help out.

transberry
10-12-18, 02:04 PM
No hats in 4 days, first day I could have bought over 30 if I had only known I?d need them

Still on needing 6 hats, definitely won?t finish

coleoptera42
10-12-18, 02:54 PM
What level do you have to be to participate? My niece wants to play, but is only at level 9. I checked the game guide, but it doesn't actually say.

judyandthecat
10-12-18, 06:51 PM
What level do you have to be to participate? My niece wants to play, but is only at level 9. I checked the game guide, but it doesn't actually say.

Most events are at least level 15 so help her to level up send Planes

By Rynetory2
Requirements for events

expand to the pond
expand to the mine
get at least 1 bait shop, 2 bait shops if possible
get these buildings (kitchen, bakery, windmill, fryer, dairy, chocolatier, studio)
get at least 2 sheep pens, 3 sheep pens if possible
get maximum number of orange trees available at your farm level
to be at least level 10, 17 to 19, 23 to participate in events

Note: These requirements are based on past events and are subjected to changes.

loulou1290
10-13-18, 05:28 PM
Definitely can’t finish now at this rate! I have already purchased a $14.99 pack, and I’m not doing it again! 1 pirate hat every 2 Chicken collections (24 chickens) - means, if I don’t sleep, and do nothing other than make feed and collect from chickens, it will be at least 15 hours to get enough hats to make one costume! I need 6 more costumes... so it is physically impossible to get it done in the remaining time!
Continuing is an exercise in futility.

judyandthecat
10-13-18, 06:40 PM
Everyone remember that players that have finished the event will now collect from their chickens and they will sell hats.
More will become available in your neighbours stores and in the paper.

Blondiegirlhi
10-13-18, 07:28 PM
I have finished and will be collecting eggs regular to try to help those that are still working to complete this event. I must say it was not very enjoyable since the drop rate for hats from chickens was so bad. But thanks to a number of players who were selling hats, I was able to finish. Hang in there, a lot of players should be getting finished now and can help out. Good luck to you all.

loulou1290
10-13-18, 11:14 PM
Everyone remember that players that have finished the event will now collect from their chickens and they will sell hats.
More will become available in your neighbours stores and in the paper.

I have not seen any hats for sale!

sheepishjaina
10-14-18, 05:05 AM
I need to borrow a sloop, cutter, frigate, or even a galleon from someone so I can send my chickens to remedial pirate school.

duckbean
10-14-18, 05:07 AM
I worked for hours and I was finally able to get punkinhead. I am on android and my haunted house is full. I didn't realize on android I can not store or change my pets. So there is no room for punkinhead. Is there going to be another haunted house available?

RoyalBlue305
10-14-18, 03:37 PM
I’m still on 8/9 with 4 more Chicken Costumes to go. Pirate Hats are mean is all I can say at this point! :/

ozigal
10-14-18, 04:31 PM
Something doesn't sit right here... even at this late stage no pirate hats appearing in the newspapers and I would bet there are people selling them but sure ain't appearing in my newspaper. Kinda runs along the same lines when one is trying to fill a train what one needs never appears but after the train has left the station..say no more.

lubok
10-14-18, 07:45 PM
I worked for hours and I was finally able to get punkinhead. I am on android and my haunted house is full. I didn't realize on android I can not store or change my pets. So there is no room for punkinhead. Is there going to be another haunted house available?

I was so surprised to read here that somebody can store pets in the cellar. I am on Android. As I can not store or change pets, I don't go for this pet! I never take themed pets for I don't want to see them wandering my farm all the year round.

Fairyreserve
10-14-18, 09:27 PM
I was so surprised to read here that somebody can store pets in the cellar. I am on Android. As I can not store or change pets, I don't go for this pet! I never take themed pets for I don't want to see them wandering my farm all the year round.

You're one of the few who don't want pets. To each his own, no judgment, you should have the farm you want! For me, I've grown to love those pets. But I do have that age old problem of space shortage. Is till have the snowy owl in my cellar cuz I have no real room for the igloo habitat. Sigh. I'm gettin' there. Part of the fun is working toward it. Frustrating tho it often is. I do wish androids could store pets, tho.

I was a good week late in starting cuz I'm between phones. I'm actually in phone hell. My danged Moto Droid Z is trying so hard to die, but I don't want a new phone. So I bought this same one on **** that's probably refurbished. Before I could transfer my game, this one started acting up, too. Now I'm living with two crappy phones. One kind of works, the other also kind of works, neither comwtely works, and I'm afraid to transfer my farm until I know for sure the phone isn't gonna die. What does it say about me that my farm progress is amongst the factors foremost in my mind in deciding what to do? Oy! All that backstory to say...

... Even a week late to the game, I'm successfully on 8/9. I don't live the punkin head pet, but I do love the decorations. So I'm plugging away on everyone's favorite, the pirate hats,along with everyone else.

Missed you guys! Missed out on some great events. Can't believe I missed out on succulents v2. Gah!

Beclee3
10-14-18, 09:38 PM
I have finished the event and i am seeing lots of hats to buy but i wont buy them due to not needing them.

Fairyreserve
10-14-18, 09:41 PM
I have finished the event and i am seeing lots of hats to buy but i wont buy them due to not needing them.

I ain't seein' no stinkin' hats, Matey. Argh.

spring_peeper
10-15-18, 08:26 AM
I’m just about on 9/9, and quite frankly, I’m considering quitting there.

I have spent so much time since Friday trying to get pirate hats. I feel like I’m in a trance - plant corn, make feed, feed chickens, collect from chickens, get one pirate hat (sometimes two, half the time zero), scour the newspaper, rinse and repeat. It’s getting boring.

Personally I feel as though I need to be glued to my device for an unfathomable amount of time just to complete these events. I remember when I first started playing this game, the events were challenging but fun, and most importantly, achievable for people who can’t devote countless hours to the game. I think the event was designed so you had to craft wisely, fill orders, etc, but the point is it was doable with a little thought. You could plan your crafting and whatnot, go back in 4-6 hours when things were finished and be rewarded with items to get you to the goal.

Do I think the event should be so easy you finish in 2 days? No. But I can’t spend my entire day trying to win a prize at a game.

comfortfarms2013
10-15-18, 11:10 AM
What level do you need to get second haunted house, my is full, if I get the pumpkin head, no where to put it? Thanks

ploppy4
10-15-18, 02:24 PM
What level do you need to get second haunted house, my is full, if I get the pumpkin head, no where to put it? Thanks

I don’t think you can get another one. I’m level 84 and I can’t get another one. Very frustrating when you’ve worked hard to win the pet!

lennumber1
10-15-18, 03:26 PM
I can see limiting the number of pets each habitat can hold,but to limit how many of each habitat you can have is a bit dumb. What’s the point of doing an event if you can’t place it in a habitat?

PookieBear50
10-15-18, 04:20 PM
So frustrating! I opened the Newspaper and watched it countdown from 15 seconds to refresh. It did so, and not one but TWO offers appeared for 10 pirate hats each! I waited 2 seconds in case the items changed, but nothing happened, so I tapped to buy the first 10 hats. THEN it refreshed and I was stuck purchasing something I know I did not need. WHY?! :blue:

pspoiled65
10-15-18, 06:44 PM
I have finished and will be trying to help others

loulou1290
10-15-18, 11:09 PM
Hmmm, why does Punkinhead have flippers on his feet? Is he a penguin in disguise? One of the great philosophical questions we face at the end of an event.

orleansparish
10-16-18, 01:05 AM
I lost TWELVE hours today when the storm we had knocked ATTs service out in our area. I’ve been up since it came back on after 9pm trying to make the last four pirate chickens I need for part 8.

I’ve caught a couple people selling a couple hats here and there but it isn’t like other goals, where you see an influx of items in the last day. I hope I didn’t do all of this week for nothing. No ghost pet. No end goal prize.

This is incredibly frustrating. And yet another reminder of why I stopped playing for a year or so.

orleansparish
10-16-18, 01:10 AM
Something doesn't sit right here... even at this late stage no pirate hats appearing in the newspapers and I would bet there are people selling them but sure ain't appearing in my newspaper. Kinda runs along the same lines when one is trying to fill a train what one needs never appears but after the train has left the station..say no more.

Are you ME?! I?m convinced this game looks at what I?ve just sold and then makes me need 12 of them for the train station. Earlier this week my neighbors had an endless supply of pear candles. I sold about 12 of them. And when my maker is full of vanilla and peach ones, I need 6 pear. I?ve done everything else but cannot find any candles. As SOON as it leaves in three hours, I guarantee at least five people will have them for sale again.

With this event, it?s the same. I?m lucky to come across a neighbor or the stand with 1 to 3 hats here and there. It?s more rare than a unicorn dragon!

ozigal
10-16-18, 06:16 AM
Are you ME?! I?m convinced this game looks at what I?ve just sold and then makes me need 12 of them for the train station. Earlier this week my neighbors had an endless supply of pear candles. I sold about 12 of them. And when my maker is full of vanilla and peach ones, I need 6 pear. I?ve done everything else but cannot find any candles. As SOON as it leaves in three hours, I guarantee at least five people will have them for sale again.

With this event, it?s the same. I?m lucky to come across a neighbor or the stand with 1 to 3 hats here and there. It?s more rare than a unicorn dragon!

I hear you.. same same. Lol.

RoyalBlue305
10-16-18, 08:58 AM

Same here.

RoyalBlue305
10-16-18, 08:59 AM
Don’t think I’ll be able to finish. Hats don’t exist. :(

raissawinda
10-16-18, 10:00 AM
Where is my Witch's Craft Library? I am on Goal 3 of 9 but my rewards from Goal 2 is no where to be found. I'd love to show it off on my farm, can somebody help me? Thank you!

trina4robinson
10-16-18, 01:22 PM
Whew!!!!!! Got him with 7 hrs too spare!!!!

PookieBear50
10-16-18, 01:29 PM
Thanks to the generosity of 3 neighbors, numerous lucky finds in the Newspaper and Community Members' shops (and, of course, to my Chickens...who will probably be on strike until after Thanksgiving because of all the eggs I begged, cajoled, and demanded from them), I was able to finish the last Pirate costume and complete the event. Now I just need to continue working on the OTHER event...

judyandthecat
10-16-18, 02:28 PM
Thanks to the generosity of 3 neighbors, numerous lucky finds in the Newspaper and Community Members' shops (and, of course, to my Chickens...who will probably be on strike until after Thanksgiving because of all the eggs I begged, cajoled, and demanded from them), I was able to finish the last Pirate costume and complete the event. Now I just need to continue working on the OTHER event...

Way to Go PookieBear50

Blondiegirlhi
10-16-18, 04:32 PM
Dang, I didn’t realize there was only a few hours left. The hats I just put out I found on someone’s farm...I’ve been collecting my eggs and selling hats as much as I could to help out...wish we all could have finished :(

Fairyreserve
10-16-18, 04:36 PM
Hmmm, why does Punkinhead have flippers on his feet? Is he a penguin in disguise? One of the great philosophical questions we face at the end of an event.

HAaaaahahahahahaha!

Fairyreserve
10-16-18, 04:40 PM
I give up on punk head, so I'm selling off stuff to help others in theseast hours. I like the decorations I got so far so it's a win. Good luck u guys!

Rynetory2
10-16-18, 08:18 PM
Where is my Witch's Craft Library? I am on Goal 3 of 9 but my rewards from Goal 2 is no where to be found. I'd love to show it off on my farm, can somebody help me? Thank you!

Try restarting your device and check your cellar again. Hope you find it there.

Rynetory2
10-16-18, 08:19 PM
1. Did you like this event?
2. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

orleansparish
10-16-18, 09:29 PM
I liked the goal overall but didn’t like how we had to struggle for parts. I started my train delivery but an takkng a couple days break so I don’t see the influx of pirate hats in the newsstand now. It’s likr a fire sale!

I was three costumes short. Now I have to decide if I want to buy it for 300 gems when it inevitably comes on sale. Probably not!

Hopefully the next event gives us the chance of another cute ghost pet.

RoyalBlue305
10-16-18, 10:31 PM
Was unable to finish. I needed 6 chicken costumes and just couldn’t take the time to scour the newspaper all day today which is what it would’ve taken. Chickens were stingy with 1-3 hats per collection out of the 12 and the newspaper was filled with other items but rarely hats as of this morning. Work was too busy for me all day to check it unfortunately. I liked the event except for not being able to finish.

Rynetory2
10-16-18, 10:50 PM
New Question added in Poll

Sounds like some of you couldn't complete this event. :( I've added Question 3 for those of you who didn't complete.

For the 4 members who have already voted you didn't complete, sorry you cant vote again. You can either pm me or post in this thread for me to add your votes to this question. If you have completed the event, you are not affected, only those who didn't complete the event. Thanks.

ozigal
10-16-18, 11:19 PM
If the chickens and the newspapers weren't so stingy this could've been a terrific event.,but to play this game and finish with a welt on the hand from holding the iPad constantly looking for hats is ridiculous. I caved in and sparingly used my few gems(as if that isn't S8's game plan) I had to complete it... Then the hats appear for me in the newspaper..like Why didn't that surprise me.

PS.@orleansparish..but I've seen so many candles lol.

ploppy4
10-17-18, 12:23 AM
I liked this event, but it’s very frustrating to only be allowed one haunted house habitat. There seems no point in working hard to complete an event if it means storing a pet in the cellar.

Blondiegirlhi
10-17-18, 07:16 AM
This was a very time-consuming event due to the issue with the pirate hats and having to constantly be on looking for them on farms and in paper. The drop rate was very bad, considering how many were required to complete the pirate costume. It does seem that events in this game are setup for those that can spend a large amount of their time daily to playing it. Of course, you can spend money to finish the event as well. So, even though I did like the prizes a lot and I was able to finish, it was not as much fun as I would have liked. I love a challenge, but not one that requires me to spend this much time playing in order to win. But I do still love the game...just giving some feedback.

justmine2
10-17-18, 08:13 AM
I liked being able to win the pumpkin head pet-person thingy, but the smashing pumpkins NO

little_veggie
10-17-18, 09:08 AM
I spent quite a lot on this event but even so I couldn’t collect the pirate hats as I can only play for a hour or so a day . Regretted spending the money as all I got was pumpkins and animals feed , not even one lantern . Oh well, here’s to the next event

duckbean
10-17-18, 09:25 AM
I enjoyed the event I did complete it. It was very time consuming getting a hats from the chickens. Luckily I was able to buy some. But I am on Android my Haunted house is full so punkinhead is stuck in cellar. Is there going to be another haunted house available?

Fairyreserve
10-17-18, 02:15 PM
I thought this event was cool cuz it was different. Very time consuming, yes. I think that was maybe too much, but I really liked the social aspect where you had to visit community farms. It was like trick or treating at other farms! Which was a suggestion I'd made, so I was tickled to see that that's kind of what we were doing. I think 10 farms was exactly the right amount, but I would have added a requirement -->

* Change the hearts above buildings to pumpkins
* Require to help out by "trick or treating" on each of the ten farms by clicking at least one pumpkin.
* If you trick or treat 50 times, you get a smashing pumpkin.

THEN, I would have done the deliveries, as well, and for each time you send your 20 deliveries (which is alot in one day), you get a great smashing pumpkin so that you can win a pet or decoration.

One disappointment is that I really wanted alot more Halloween decorations. Right now, I've only won 3 pavers, a graveyard (which I love), and a mailbox. I would have preferred alot more than that like in other events. For instance, I have so much ice cream stuff and school stuff. But during Halloween not so much. I hope that fences and other things will be available to buy in the market before the month is up.

Question: My cauldron was still running when the event ended, so it continued to count down afterward. I like that it's filled now. If I click on it, will it give me hats and such? Or will it just stay filled, and clicking on it won't empty it? I don't want it to empty! Unless it's gonna give me a pet or something.

vinafarm2015
10-17-18, 03:53 PM
My neighbors now selling 30 and 40 pirate hats. I just don’t get it. I finished a week before the event ended and I don’t even have a pirate hat in my barn.

orleansparish
10-17-18, 05:05 PM
My neighbors now selling 30 and 40 pirate hats. I just don’t get it. I finished a week before the event ended and I don’t even have a pirate hat in my barn.

It seems selfish of me but that’s what’s most annoying. I’ve come across at least ten people with all slots filled with 10 hats each. They couldn’t have been leftover because they forgot to finish. Which makes me think they were being held onto for whatever reason. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

I’ve been chatting about with some bakery and restaurant neighbors, because they are puzzled too.

suncatchers
10-17-18, 05:37 PM
Question: My cauldron was still running when the event ended, so it continued to count down afterward. I like that it's filled now. If I click on it, will it give me hats and such? Or will it just stay filled, and clicking on it won't empty it? I don't want it to empty! Unless it's gonna give me a pet or something.

If you click on the cauldron nothing happens, it stays filled (I tried it on mine).

Fairyreserve
10-17-18, 07:30 PM
If you click on the cauldron nothing happens, it stays filled (I tried it on mine).

AWESOME, Thank you!

ozigal
10-17-18, 08:46 PM
I thought this event was well over, we are seeing many pirates hats for sale . Was it a flaw in the programming / coding that prevented them showing when we needed them. Am I missing something? I had mentioned earlier that I thought something wasn't kosher when peeps had finished early yet no hats were or very very few were in the newspapers. The past hours they have been abundant.

Fairyreserve
10-18-18, 07:54 AM
So. Many. Pirate. Hats. Agree with the above, what was with the hoarding? As soon as I gave up I posted all of mine for sale (all 8 of them or whatever it was). I mean, I would have paid top dollar. Oh well.

Rynetory2
10-18-18, 08:54 AM

Check your pm box. I have sent you more information last weekend.

Rynetory2
10-18-18, 08:59 AM
I thought this event was well over, we are seeing many pirates hats for sale . Was it a flaw in the programming / coding that prevented them showing when we needed them. Am I missing something? I had mentioned earlier that I thought something wasn't kosher when peeps had finished early yet no hats were or very very few were in the newspapers. The past hours they have been abundant.

Players were holding on to their event items... No one is forced to sell given we have a huge barn maximum capacity. Unfortunately they didn't sell off before the event ends so others might have a chance to finish. I guess they were hoping others might sell off so they could finish.

judyandthecat
10-19-18, 02:06 PM
I want to thank the storm team for letting us buy another haunted house habitat.
And and and my vampire cats can go in it.
How cute is that two vampire cats and a Punkinhead owner.
He is out hunting for catnip on his neighbours farms...a special treat for his two kittys

Fairyreserve
10-20-18, 08:10 AM
I want to thank the storm team for letting us buy another haunted house habitat.
And and and my vampire cats can go in it.
How cute is that two vampire cats and a Punkinhead owner.
He is out hunting for catnip on his neighbours farms...a special treat for his two kittys

Very cool.

Rynetory2
10-29-18, 06:53 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.