PDA

View Full Version : Got tricked by the "Buy Slot for 25 Gems" button

wendysue22
04-07-11, 05:23 PM
Wow, if you have fat fingers, watch out.

All my gems disappeared in the blink of an eye. I was filling my catalog when suddenly my finger slipped and suddenly I have an additional catalog slot that I didn't want AND all my gems are gone.

Love how there is no secondary verification for spending gems. No "are you sure you want to spend 25 gems for another slot" message that I could have used to back out of this.

I've thought about doing some in-app purchases of some gems to dress up my restaurant, bakery, etc. but after being duped like this, I'm definitely not giving Team Lava a dime. I'll just keep using up your server time for free since you're playing sleazy tricks on your customers.

trenae
04-07-11, 06:36 PM
Accidental purchases can be a bit of a bummer, I just went through this myself in a different app, but it was my fault for not paying attention to what I was selecting.

A confirm "are you sure" option would be nice for purchases done with gems so that accidental purchases don't happen. I don't think that it's done to be sneaky, some players don't care for the extra step as it takes longer to get them what they want. Maybe a TeamLava mod/Community Manager can relay the suggestion/information back to the development team to be considered.

GroupMagma
04-08-11, 10:27 AM
I'll relay this suggestion to the dev team. Thanks for the feedback. :)

wendysue22
04-08-11, 01:07 PM
trenae - I don't call this my my fault for not paying attention. Literally, my finger slipped and I had to option to cancel the transaction.

Groupmagma, it'll be interesting to see what the dev team has to say.

I'm still not convinced it isn't designed this way on purpose after all the other threads I've read around here.

wendysue22
04-08-11, 01:07 PM
I mean I had NO option to cancel

trenae
04-08-11, 04:21 PM
Hey Wendy -

Oh sorry if that's what it meant I said, I wasn't trying to say that it was your fault, I was saying for me it happened to be my own fault :( the option of are you sure would have had me take a second look at what I was getting. :)

Nope, no option to cancel - pretty much a done deal.

trenae
04-08-11, 04:25 PM
Wow, yes I can see I need to put my glasses on - let me try that again. Darn the no edit button for posts. :(

Oh sorry if that's how it seemed I said it. Literally when I had that happen (it happened to be nightclub story) it was from me not paying attention to which floor tile I was getting. Didn't realize until I went through all of them and it said I no longer had any game money to use (sorry forget actual wording). I would have appreciated it at the time, but now I'll be super duper extra careful.

karenmw460
05-01-11, 08:18 PM
The same thing happened to me! The iphone screen is not that big and it is easy to accidentally touch "buy a slot for 25 gems" slot. I have lost nearly all of my gems. THere should be an option to confirm or cancel your selection

sissy8
05-02-11, 01:54 PM
i did it too today ow darn :( :( ,gone 25 gems :(:(

Rachael98
05-02-11, 02:06 PM
Gem traps! I'm sorry, I think it might well be purposeful. Or at least I did. I hope the dev team do it GM. Then I might consider buying gems. I don't now because I don't trust my fingers.

lollo47
05-02-11, 11:30 PM
This is also needed for the "10 gems = 10,000" too, because I've had it happen TWICE now, where I click to order something from the catalog, not have enough money (due to resizing/redecorating) and have it say "You can buy for 10 Gems" and I accidentally hit yes, because I'm so used to just 'confirming' that it's okay that I don't have enough money.

It needs to be NOT automatic, when people, like me, SAVE up all their mastery Gems to afford decorations only to have them vanish for an extra slot or only 10,000 coins.

casadolce
05-06-11, 11:49 PM
I lost 25 gems the same way. *Tears*

nikor
05-07-11, 04:21 AM
I literally did that just a few minutes ago, I'm really sad now. I e-mail the team support, I hope they can reverse it?
If not I'm done, I made accidental purchases in another app by team lava as well and I can't help but think they don't have an 'are you sure' button for a reason.
Maybe they think that if we spend our in-app earn gems we will be more likely to buy? but this really just puts me off more! I would buy but I don't want to spend real money on gems if I can not spend the gems in the way that I want! I hope they do something to resolve this issue.

chixkorner
05-09-11, 06:28 PM
Please please remove the buy a slot for 25 gems or put a confirm to purchase on it. I had just purchased more gems to update my boutique... This is the second time I accidentally hit that button. I will not purchase more gems. Can you please fix this or make me happy and restore my gems please...

talyon
05-09-11, 08:16 PM
Thank you please come again. Lmao

kanne930
05-13-11, 02:25 PM
The same thing happened to me when I accidentally tapped the magic box while scrolling the menu. I was saving my gems too :(

Mogwai4111
05-13-11, 03:58 PM
Gem traps! I'm sorry, I think it might well be purposeful. Or at least I did. I hope the dev team do it GM. Then I might consider buying gems. I don't now because I don't trust my fingers.

Easy solution, don't buy gems until you are ready to spend them. That's what I do ;)

Purchased gems are never in my account for longer than the time it takes to get into design mode and spend them.

Deeville1
05-13-11, 06:26 PM
I play RS CS BS and just started FS. By coincidence, I too just had the fat finger slot syndrome happen also. I jet earned another 24, I am gonna spend them before I throw them away. Since u get slots throughout the game through leveling, maybe the option to buy an additional slot should not be offered or at least a confirmation button offered. On another note..... The games are free .

cameoz
05-13-11, 07:16 PM
No, it's done to be sneaky to make it easy to spend your gems since that's where they make their money. Duh.

Glyzinie
05-13-11, 10:45 PM
My Botique name is Glyzinie i'm level 17. I have a 2nd Gen ipod touch that with this game tends to lag ALOT. I was trying to click over to get the rest of my outfits and it bought an extra gem slot from my gems that i did not want..there wasnt even a promp to ask if i was sure, just took them. Can i get them back, and you take the slot?

mharjrae
05-14-11, 02:10 PM
the sytem is actually slow, so if u're unsure what u doing u will really get stuffed up.
make sure u wait for bit seconds before doing (tapping) such option u wanted to do.
accidental things like this might just happened if u were unpatient to wait.
if ure fingers are big, i think u better much be more careful, otherwise u wasted ur gems.

Eldin
05-19-11, 03:23 PM
I just tapped on this **** aswell... wtf...?

chvchv
05-19-11, 05:52 PM
This is just one of TL's intentional planted traps. All of TL's games have these traps. TL will no do anything about it (of course).

Eldin
05-20-11, 02:36 AM
Yeah, its sad that they don't realise how much those means to us... :/

/Eldin