PDA

View Full Version : Oct Event: Smash Pumpkins - 2018 Oct 2

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 02:23 AM
Smash Pumpkins Android and iOS. This is a Goal Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Greetings fellow Farmers,

It's time to prepare your farms for upcoming event. I can't wait to see what exciting prizes the Farm 2 team has for us! :D Let's start our preparations...

https://i.imgur.com/3165GlZ.jpg

Before we dive in when the event starts, I like to suggest that players read the Guidelines for Events to understand how event works, know what to do or not to do for the event. Read sections Tips and Notes.

Guidelines for Events
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

Always check Posts #1-3 for latest information.

Post #1 - updates and announcements
Post #2 - guidelines for this event
Post #3 - event information

Please be mindful of forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) when posting.

Announcements and Updates:

This event is for the whole month of October.

These pumpkins will be in the market all month long! The Great Smashing Pumpkin has a chance to drop pets and animated decos.

You can win one Smashing Pumpkin per day by completing Goals. You can earn both Pumpkins as rewards in events!

Wrong graphics of prizes - make sure you check your cellar after smashing a pumpkin

We're aware of an issue with the Smashing Pumpkins that is causing only Pet Feed to display when Pumpkins are smashed. We do recommend checking your storage after opening a Smashing Pumpkin for the moment while we work on resolving the issue, as they do have a chance to drop the following prizes:

Alpaca-o-Lantern
Chicken-o-Lantern
Cow-o-Lantern
Goat-o-Lantern
Pig-o-Lantern
Sheep-o-Lantern
Haunted Roses
Helping Hand
Jack O' Path
Pumpkin-Fetti Path

The Great Smashing Pumpkin

The Great Smashing Pumpkin has the chance to drop everything that the Smashing Pumpkin drops, but also these super amazing prizes:
Mummy Dog
Hot Dog
Ghost
Vampire Cat
Spooky Bulldog
Haunted Husky
Sweet Spirit
Cursed Husky
Unearthly Husky
Crystal Ball
Graveyard
Pumpkin Fire Pit
Haunted Bird House
Witch's Broom
Haunted Tree
Haunted Carousel
Smoking Cauldron
Haunted Manor
Haunted Truck

Candy Tree
See Candy Tree (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1546519&viewfull=1#post1546519) in Farm Activities and Features Guide for more information.

The Candy Tree is a tendable tree which means it drops things. :) More information will be provided later.

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 02:23 AM
General Guidelines for October Month Event
I have just written some guidelines for you guys. :) I will keep updating here whenever there are new things to add. I may not post if updates are minor, so keep checking Posts 1-3 for updates. Good luck and hope you enjoy this event. :D

How to play?
1. For each day, you get a new set of goals and you need to complete the Smashin' Pumpkings goals (Part 1 and 2) to earn 100 Pumpkin Smashers and a Smashing Pumpkin.

2. Smash your Smashing Pumpkin to earn prizes

3. Collect/smash 31 Smashing Pumpkins from daily goals, events or purchase from Market to complete The Candy Tree goal to earn the Candy Tree

How to smash a Pumpkin?
Place your pumpkin on your farm and click on it then click on the pumpkin smashers at the bottom of your screen.

What happens if I missed a day or 2 of the Daily goals?

For members who missed Day 1, including me, you will be happy to know that we can earn pumpkins as rewards in events as Meowmeowbeans mentioned. :) Don't fret, just keep going with your daily goals and keep a lookout for more ways to earn pumpkins.

Note:
(1) Pumpkin Smashers are not found in barn or cellar because they take up space. You can see how many you have by clicking on the pumpkin and see the number of pumpkin smashers shown at the bottom of your screen.

(2) You get a new set of Daily goals at midnight PST.

(3) Daily goals expire at midnight PST. They don't carry over to the next day. It's important to note this and convert to your own time zone so you don't miss out. You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone (PST).

Tips:

Ok tomorrow's goal could be the same as today so this is what I have done.
I have reset orders in the plane delivery and gathered the items needed so all eight spots are ready to fly.

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 05:36 AM
Halloweens Coming! Halloweens Coming! Skeletons will be after you!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47681

This event goes for the Month of October. We will be receiving daily goals

Smashing Pumpkin: 50 gems (One Time Use)
Great Smashing Pumpkin: 300 gems (One Time Use) but can drop pets or animated decor!

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Day 1 Goal
Goal 1 of 2 : Smashin' Pumpkins
Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the farm's grand old pumpkin smashin' party! Visit enough farms and you'll get a Pumpkin Smasher ---and just you wait to see what comes next!
Visit 5 Community Neighbours
REWARDS: 200 coins, 100 Pumpkin Smashers, 3 experience points

They aren't in cellar nor barn because they take up space. You can see them by clicking on your pumpkins.

Goal 2 of 2: Smashin' Pumpkins
Let the great pumpkin smashing begin! Smash a pumpkin, win a prize! Send enough deliveries and ou will get a Smashing Pumpkin -- remember that Pumpkin Smasher you have? It's time!
Send 10 plane deliveries
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Smashing Pumpkin, 3 experience points

Day 2 Goal and subsequent days
Goal 1
Visit Community Farmers x10
REWARDS: 200 coins, 100 Pumpkin Smashers, 3 xps

Goal 2
Send Warehouse deliveries x20
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Smashing Pumpkin, 3 xps

Side Goal
The Candy Tree
Smash enough pumpkins and you will win the Candy Tree!
Smash 31 Smashing Pumpkins
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Candy Tree, 3 experience points

Event Prizes
Random Prizes
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

We're aware of an issue with the Smashing Pumpkins that is causing only Pet Feed to display when Pumpkins are smashed. We do recommend checking your storage after opening a Smashing Pumpkin for the moment while we work on resolving the issue, as they do have a chance to drop the following prizes:

Alpaca-o-Lantern
Chicken-o-Lantern
Cow-o-Lantern
Goat-o-Lantern
Pig-o-Lantern
Sheep-o-Lantern
Haunted Roses
Helping Hand
Jack O' Path
Pumpkin-Fetti Path

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 03:25 PM
Oh my look at the fabulous prizes

Smashing Pumpkins can be obtained from the Market or from goals!

I am thinking, hoping we receive a goal every day!

Paul__
10-02-18, 03:37 PM
hmmmm... This looks interesting! Is this perhaps a new event type?? I haven't been able to get on the game yet since i need to charge the iPad. but looks like there is chances to get some old prizes, and hopefully new ones!

Meowmeowbeans
10-02-18, 03:51 PM
These pumpkins will be in the market all month long! The Great Smashing Pumpkin has a chance to drop pets and animated decos.

You can win one Smashing Pumpkin per day by completing Goals. You can earn both Pumpkins as rewards in events!

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 03:53 PM

Yes yes yes
Thank You
You just confirmed what I was hoping a goal every day.
Going to be a fabulous month!

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 04:52 PM
Anybody smashing pumpkin please post your prize so we can put a list together..thanks!

Smashing Pumpkin
Prizes
4 pig feed
Goat feed
2 alpaca feed
4 sheep feed
4 Cow feed

Great Smashing Pumpkin
Prizes

Scalezzzz
10-02-18, 04:54 PM
I smashed a pumpkin and to goat feed. I can?t even buy goats yet :eek:

xenu8
10-02-18, 05:00 PM
What do the candy trees do, they have no timers...

Peggyg723
10-02-18, 05:06 PM
I smashed one and got 4 pig feed

Scalezzzz
10-02-18, 05:11 PM
I smashed a pumpkin and to goat feed. I can?t even buy goats yet :eek:

They didn’t even show up in my barn :p

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 05:13 PM
What do the candy trees do, they have no timers...

Not sure what you mean by candy tree...that is what you win if you smash 31 pumpkins.

Scalezzzz
10-02-18, 05:16 PM
Not sure what you mean by candy tree...that is what you win if you smash 31 pumpkins.

You can buy candy trees in the market and it says they give you sweet treats.

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 05:20 PM

I don't have it weird

Can you post pic?

Oh oh under crops

Disappeared when I bought
Chicken run and no longer in store.

Perhaps a goal to come and was there by error?

Rynetory2 some of my neighbours have the candy trees I bought two but chicken run and took them away and now they not in store for sale ??

Lapetshop7
10-02-18, 05:42 PM
I smashed a pumpkin and got 2 Alpca feed..
Lol.. Hoping for at least 1 good prize

Anybody smashing pumpkin please post your prize so we can put a list together..thanks!

Smashing Pumpkin
Prizes
4 pig feed
Goat food

Great Smashing Pumpkin
Prizes

Paul__
10-02-18, 05:50 PM

Smashing Pumpkin
Prizes
4 pig feed
Goat food
2 alpaca food

Great Smashing Pumpkin
Prizes

I just got 4 pig feeds.

draughnc
10-02-18, 05:52 PM
They were candy trees but now they are showing as purple trees and are no longer available to buy. Must have been a glitch.

Lapetshop7
10-02-18, 05:56 PM
So everyone that has smashed a pumpkin, check your cellar just in case. I won 2 Alpca feed but just went to my cellar and there was 3 jack o paths in there.

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 05:56 PM
They were candy trees but now they are showing as purple trees and are no longer available to buy. Must have been a glitch.

I was just pulling them out of store had two out and that darn old chicken run and took mine away...

Chicken Soup tomorrow

suncatchers
10-02-18, 06:00 PM
I think the candy trees might have been a glitch - it said limit 5 earlier and I bought 5 for 1 coin each. They are still on my farm but no longer appear in the market. I don’t know what they do yet.

tya_bakery
10-02-18, 06:48 PM
I smash one and got 2 alpaca feed.
Btw, the candy tree goal said we need 31 smashin pumpkins, but if we accept daily goals for 30 days, it means we only got 30 smashin pumpinks, is it right? So we have to buy at least one smashin pumpkins in the market...

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 06:51 PM
I smash one and got 2 alpaca feed.
Btw, the candy tree goal said we need 31 smashin pumpkins, but if we accept daily goals for 30 days, it means we only got 30 smashin pumpinks, is it right? So we have to buy at least one smashin pumpkins in the market...

I hope we get more then one on some days!

Lilliepaddd
10-02-18, 06:58 PM
Is this just for gems? I used a coin one up and don't see another one.

judyandthecat
10-02-18, 07:04 PM
Is this just for gems? I used a coin one up and don't see another one.

We can win smashing pumpkins in daily goals or you can buy them for gems in the market

sheepishjaina
10-02-18, 07:39 PM
1 goose food. Yeay?

tsumtsum27
10-02-18, 08:45 PM
Reading that most of the prize is feed, I dont want to smash my pumpkin. I like it for deco

Lilliepaddd
10-02-18, 08:54 PM
We can win smashing pumpkins in daily goals or you can buy them for gems in the market

Thanks!

lubok
10-02-18, 11:38 PM
I've smashed pumpkins and got a goose feed and 4 pig feeds. Seems like it has nothing but various feeds, so far.

griffithpack
10-03-18, 12:25 AM
Wow, in the very short time I was able to play, day one ended - and I never got a pumpkin from sending deliveries on either farm. So Less than12 hours for day one. Thanks, but no thanks! This looks to be another event that is geared toward those who have all day to play and will be totally unfair to the rest of us. And what about the poor folks who were asleep while the less than 12 hours occurred?

Lozziemj
10-03-18, 12:32 AM
I completed goals 1 and 2 and got the 100 pumpkin smashers. Next time I logged on, it was reset back to Goal 1 only this time I have to visit 10 neighbors instead of 5. What gives???

Lozziemj
10-03-18, 12:42 AM
And now Goal 2 is sending 20 plane deliveries instead of 10 (which I?d already done) 😒

loulou1290
10-03-18, 12:50 AM
I completed goals 1 and 2 and got the 100 pumpkin smashers. Next time I logged on, it was reset back to Goal 1 only this time I have to visit 10 neighbors instead of 5. What gives???

Same here! I don?t like this reset- think I?ll skip this event now, I?m not going to do the visiting and deliveries again, especially given that there are now twice as many to do.

tromalyt
10-03-18, 02:43 AM
Same here! I don?t like this reset- think I?ll skip this event now, I?m not going to do the visiting and deliveries again, especially given that there are now twice as many to do.
It wasn't a reset. Day one just finished. I had 8 hours to complete day one and if you don't do it on the day the day is over and another day begins along with another goal. These are daily goals.

The main problem I see is that I only had 8 hours to complete day 1, and in EUROPE those hours were sleeping hours (from 12:00 PM to 8:00 am here, so, many europeans missed day one goal already.

So, what happens if you miss a day? Do you have to buy a pumpkin for 50 gems to catch up? Does the final prize worth it if you are in Europe and you slept though the first day?

judyandthecat
10-03-18, 03:07 AM
So it looks like the day begins at reset time then.
Says 24 hours to complete when that day goal begins
Kind of like the county fair.
This is a new type of event so we will all figure it out as we go.

judyandthecat
10-03-18, 03:10 AM
Wow, in the very short time I was able to play, day one ended - and I never got a pumpkin from sending deliveries on either farm. So Less than12 hours for day one. Thanks, but no thanks! This looks to be another event that is geared toward those who have all day to play and will be totally unfair to the rest of us. And what about the poor folks who were asleep while the less than 12 hours occurred?

You get Pumpkin from completing goals or from buying them. NOT from plane deliveries.
After you did the required first day goal you should of had one Smashing Pumpkin in your cellar.

judyandthecat
10-03-18, 03:28 AM
Ok just completed today's goal
Visit 10 Community farmers
Send 20 planes

Now my candy tree goal says I have smashed 2 of 31 pumpkins
I seen this in my TO do list

sheepishjaina
10-03-18, 07:23 AM
Day 1: 1 goose feed
Day 2: 1 goose feed

I’m seeing a trend here..

loulou1290
10-03-18, 08:09 AM
It wasn't a reset. Day one just finished. I had 8 hours to complete day one and if you don't do it on the day the day is over and another day begins along with another goal. These are daily goals.

The main problem I see is that I only had 8 hours to complete day 1, and in EUROPE those hours were sleeping hours (from 12:00 PM to 8:00 am here, so, many europeans missed day one goal already.

So, what happens if you miss a day? Do you have to buy a pumpkin for 50 gems to catch up? Does the final prize worth it if you are in Europe and you slept though the first day?

So, how do we know when the challenge starts and how much time to go? I’m in Australia, so big time difference issues here! What time zone is FS2 working on? It says 16 hours - does that mean 16 hours left or 16 hours gone? Regardless, it’s 1:12am here, so I’m calling it a night.

Thatswhatspeeddo1
10-03-18, 08:22 AM
So I completed day one goal and was awarded 100 pumpkin smashers but where are they? They aren't in my cellar or anywhere else.

Rynetory2
10-03-18, 09:11 AM
So, how do we know when the challenge starts and how much time to go? I’m in Australia, so big time difference issues here! What time zone is FS2 working on? It says 16 hours - does that mean 16 hours left or 16 hours gone? Regardless, it’s 1:12am here, so I’m calling it a night.

Midnight California time, mentioned in Post 1.

Rynetory2
10-03-18, 09:12 AM
So I completed day one goal and was awarded 100 pumpkin smashers but where are they? They aren't in my cellar or anywhere else.

They aren't in cellar nor barn because they take up space. You can see them by clicking on your pumpkins.

Thatswhatspeeddo1
10-03-18, 10:02 AM

Well, that would explain it. I don't have any pumpkins yet. Thank you! :)

mrscash50a
10-03-18, 10:12 AM
I hear you same thing happened to me. And all the orders i sent last night are gone got to start from zero. Also bought those candie trees now showing just purple trees. Bought them cuz of what they said they dropped. What gives with that.

draughnc
10-03-18, 12:19 PM
I just smashed a pumpkin for day 2 and got 4 sheep feed.

Lapetshop7
10-03-18, 12:41 PM
Won 4 chicken feed.

Feels like that's all they are going to give lol

ankavale1000
10-03-18, 02:07 PM
Is it possible to have the Crystal Ball deco -- the one with ghost circling at the top -- in the shop? For some odd reason, I don't have that animated deco. I noticed this particular deco is not one of the prizes pictured in the event photograph, therefore it can't be won. I would like to buy it. I'm sure there's going to be tons of deco in the shop for purchase in a few days, would love the Crystal Ball to be included in the selection thank u!

Paul__
10-03-18, 02:35 PM

In the last sentence, "You can earn both Pumpkins as rewards in events!" does this mean that we will have overlapping events throughout October? Or will this work like how the monthly goals where you collect points on Fantasy Forest Story? I like this idea so far by the way, a great way to earn new decorations, but hopefully we get some new halloween content as well.

Billydkd
10-03-18, 04:03 PM
Yesterday 4 cow feed today 1 goose feed.

seesters
10-03-18, 04:40 PM

Ok.....So we can earn Pumpkins for rewards. Will we find out tomorrow?

Panthertiger2017
10-03-18, 06:33 PM
Is the only way to get a pumpkin to smash is by buying one with gems?

Panthertiger2017
10-03-18, 06:58 PM
Is the only way to get a pumpkin to smash is by buying one with gems?

Disregard- I figured it out...was a little slow at understanding LoL

little_veggie
10-03-18, 10:37 PM
I am up at the crack of dawn in the Uk and got only 2 hours to do the first task . That can’t be right.?

griffithpack
10-04-18, 12:07 AM
So far, the instructions on this event have been clear as mud. I see that people are smashing pumpkins, and I know I have one, but can’t figure out how to smash it. Maybe because I didn’t finish day one goal since I’m traveling? Which means I can just forget about trying to finish for the rest of the month.

Rynetory2
10-04-18, 12:13 AM

I am up at the crack of dawn in the Uk and got only 2 hours to do the first task . That can’t be right.?

For members who missed Day 1, including me, you will be happy to know that we can earn pumpkins as rewards in events as Meowmeowbeans mentioned. :) Don't fret, just keep going with your daily goals and keep a lookout for more ways to earn pumpkins.

Rynetory2
10-04-18, 12:16 AM
So far, the instructions on this event have been clear as mud. I see that people are smashing pumpkins, and I know I have one, but can’t figure out how to smash it. Maybe because I didn’t finish day one goal since I’m traveling? Which means I can just forget about trying to finish for the rest of the month.

You still get chances to complete this, as mentioned above. To smash your pumpkins, you need to place it on your farm and click on it and click on the smashing hammers at the bottom of your screen.

This event is very new to us all. I'll try to find some time to write up the guideslines for this event for you all as soon as I can.

Rynetory2
10-04-18, 12:19 AM
Day 3 goals are the same as Day 2.

Day 3
Goal 1
Visit Community Farmers x10
REWARDS: 200 coins, 100 Pumpkin Smashers, 3 xps

Goal 2
Send Warehouse deliveries x20
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Smashing Pumpkin, 3 xps

Rynetory2
10-04-18, 12:49 AM
I have just written some guidelines for you guys. :) I have added to Post 1 and will keep updating there whenever there are new things to add. I may not post if updates are minor, so keep checking Posts 1 and 2 for updates. Good luck and hope you enjoy this event. :D

General guidelines for October Month Event

How to play?
1. For each day, you get a new set of goals and you need to complete the Smashin' Pumpkings goals (Part 1 and 2) to earn 100 Pumpkin Smashers and a Smashing Pumpkin.

2. Smash your Smashing Pumpkin to earn prizes

3. Collect/smash 31 Smashing Pumpkins from daily goals, events or purchase from Market to complete The Candy Tree goal to earn the Candy Tree

How to smash a Pumpkin?
Place your pumpkin on your farm and click on it then click on the smashing hammers at the bottom of your screen.

What happens if I missed a day or 2 of the Daily goals?

Note:
(1) Pumpkin Smashers are not found in barn or cellar because they take up space. You can see how many you have by clicking on the pumpkin and see the number of pumpkin smashers shown at the bottom of your screen.

(2) You get a new set of Daily goals at midnight PST.

(3) Daily goals expire at midnight PST. They don't carry over to the next day. It's important to note this and convert to your own time zone so you don't miss out. You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone (PST).

judyandthecat
10-04-18, 07:30 AM
Ok tomorrow's goal could be the same as today so this is what I have done.
I have reset orders in the plane delivery and gathered the items needed so all eight spots are ready to fly.

JBdeL17
10-04-18, 09:55 AM
Day 1 four sheep feed
Day 2 one goose feed
Day 3 four cow feed
Seriously?!
I hope the players spending gems receive better prizes!

Lapetshop7
10-04-18, 11:32 AM
Today I smashed a pumpkin and got 2 goat feed.

I'm not even leveled up enough to have goats yet lol..

Lapetshop7
10-04-18, 11:35 AM
Day 1- 2 alpca feed
Day 2- 4 chicken feed
Day 3- 2 goat feed (useless for me)

Meowmeowbeans
10-04-18, 11:38 AM

Alpaca-o-Lantern
Chicken-o-Lantern
Cow-o-Lantern
Goat-o-Lantern
Pig-o-Lantern
Sheep-o-Lantern
Haunted Roses
Helping Hand
Jack O' Path
Pumpkin-Fetti Path

ankavale1000
10-04-18, 12:16 PM
Are we getting more barn/silo upgrades this event?

little_veggie
10-04-18, 01:33 PM
I would really like a lantern but 20 orders is a lot for me in the couple of hours I have a day to play . Is there a picture of the pig lantern to motivate me :love_heart:?xx

sheepishjaina
10-04-18, 01:56 PM
Day 1: 1 goose feed
Day 2: 1 goose feed
Day 3: 4 cow feed

judyandthecat
10-04-18, 02:09 PM
I would really like a lantern but 20 orders is a lot for me in the couple of hours I have a day to play . Is there a picture of the pig lantern to motivate me :love_heart:?xx

Here is a pic of some of the Lanterns including the pig

little_veggie
10-04-18, 10:43 PM
Lovely ...I got cow food however :pxxxxxx

tuffyjkitten
10-04-18, 11:03 PM
Recycled prizes again?? I already have 24 of these lanterns in storage. Doesn?t seem worth the time...

tya_bakery
10-05-18, 06:17 AM

Alpaca-o-Lantern
Chicken-o-Lantern
Cow-o-Lantern
Goat-o-Lantern
Pig-o-Lantern
Sheep-o-Lantern
Haunted Roses
Helping Hand
Jack O' Path
Pumpkin-Fetti Path

Wish I can get the prizes... so far only got alpaca, goat, and chicken feed

RoyalBlue305
10-05-18, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone some you probably know this already but don’t send deliveries until AFTER you visit farms. The deliveries DO NOT count in your tally if you send concurrently while visiting the community. I discovered this the hard way :/

JBdeL17
10-05-18, 02:05 PM
Day 4 one goose feed. Sad!

Lozziemj
10-05-18, 08:55 PM
I keep getting feed from smashing pumpkins but when I go to use it, I have none. ??

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 10:23 PM
I keep getting feed from smashing pumpkins but when I go to use it, I have none. ??

Check your cellar and see if you got another prize. There's a graphics issue, see Post 1.

griffithpack
10-06-18, 12:38 AM
You still get chances to complete this, as mentioned above. To smash your pumpkins, you need to place it on your farm and click on it and click on the smashing hammers at the bottom of your screen.

This event is very new to us all. I'll try to find some time to write up the guideslines for this event for you all as soon as I can.

Thanks so much for the clarifications. My pumpkins did not show up in my cellar until last night - I kept looking, but they weren?t there. Thus part of my confusion. I look forward to earning my missing ones from days I was traveling - thanks for letting us know about that, too. It?s fun to have something totally new as an event - SMILEY FACE!

Fasendaminha
10-06-18, 06:12 AM
Are the pets part of the drops? Am planning to save the pumpkins till the problems have been solved, so I can have a better chance.

Fasendaminha
10-06-18, 08:03 AM

Alpaca-o-Lantern
Chicken-o-Lantern
Cow-o-Lantern
Goat-o-Lantern
Pig-o-Lantern
Sheep-o-Lantern
Haunted Roses
Helping Hand
Jack O' Path
Pumpkin-Fetti Path

I have only got food from smashing the pumpkins and it is not showing up on my barn. When looking on the storage to see if there is any prizes there is nothing there either. 😪

Lapetshop7
10-06-18, 12:42 PM
Has the problem been fixed yet??

krissyone2
10-06-18, 04:37 PM
I can?t buy the candy tree/purple tree? Never showed up in my marketplace!? :(

judyandthecat
10-06-18, 05:05 PM
I can?t buy the candy tree/purple tree? Never showed up in my marketplace!? :(

Some players got Purple trees in the beginning through a glitch that was quickly fixed.
You have to win the candy tree by collecting smashing pumpkins.
It is in you to do list.

HelloUncertainty
10-06-18, 05:48 PM
Just smashed 3 pumpkins and got nothing but alpaca, goat and donkey feed. A bit disappointing to say the least. Especially when I don't have goats or alpacas. :|

judyandthecat
10-06-18, 07:05 PM
Just smashed 3 pumpkins and got nothing but alpaca, goat and donkey feed. A bit disappointing to say the least. Especially when I don't have goats or alpacas. :|

Check your cellar though because i think the prizes are also registering as animal feed still

krissyone2
10-06-18, 11:34 PM
Some players got Purple trees in the beginning through a glitch that was quickly fixed.
You have to win the candy tree by collecting smashing pumpkins.
It is in you to do list.
Oh thanks for that info although doesn?t seem fair that some people got them and we can?t!

little_veggie
10-07-18, 02:55 AM
Still just feed as prizes for smashing pumpkins .. and for goats which I can’t get yet at my level . I have checked the cellar and no prize there either. So this isn’t sorted still - pumpkins are a let down ( and they make really disgusting pie ��)

HelloUncertainty
10-07-18, 03:24 PM
Check your cellar though because i think the prizes are also registering as animal feed still

Nope, nothing at all and just checked the barn and the feed isn't even in there. I wish they would get these problems fixed. Hopefully we'll get another Halloween event with brand new decorations and everything will be fixed.

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 04:59 AM
I have only got food from smashing the pumpkins and it is not showing up on my barn. When looking on the storage to see if there is any prizes there is nothing there either. ��

Still just feed as prizes for smashing pumpkins .. and for goats which I can’t get yet at my level . I have checked the cellar and no prize there either. So this isn’t sorted still - pumpkins are a let down ( and they make really disgusting pie ��)

Nope, nothing at all and just checked the barn and the feed isn't even in there. I wish they would get these problems fixed. Hopefully we'll get another Halloween event with brand new decorations and everything will be fixed.

I'm checking on this. Please let me know if your prizes turned up in your barn/cellar in the mean time.

judyandthecat
10-08-18, 06:08 AM
What is everyone's Pumpkin count because I should have a perfect score and upon completing this mornings Planes I thought count dropped.
My count now 14

ankavale1000
10-08-18, 06:36 AM
What is everyone's Pumpkin count because I should have a perfect score and upon completing this mornings Planes I thought count dropped.
My count now 14

The count varies depending on where one is on the punkinhead goals. I know I missed a day of 20 deliveries n I haven't completed today's 20. We can compare if u want, just lmk where u r at on the punkinhead goals.

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 06:41 AM
My count now 14

14 is correct, today is Day 7 + 7 from event. I've 13 because I missed Day 1.

Natasha_07
10-08-18, 09:32 AM
So I've gotten in total 1 goose feed, 8 sheep feed and 1 sheep-o-lantern. I thought feed was just a graphics error or am I missing something ?

EastAfrica256
10-08-18, 11:53 AM
I collected a few pumpkins in my cellar so I could smash them later. Now ive been noticing that the pumpkins started dissapearing from my cellar, but they did add up for the goal...

So I thought lets smash them all at once, which I just did but now they didnt add up... just smashed 5 pumpkins and the count is still the same....

Any one has the same problem??

ankavale1000
10-08-18, 12:01 PM
I collected a few pumpkins in my cellar so I could smash them later. Now ive been noticing that the pumpkins started dissapearing from my cellar, but they did add up for the goal...

So I thought lets smash them all at once, which I just did but now they didnt add up... just smashed 5 pumpkins and the count is still the same....

Any one has the same problem??

There is no problem. The count is the total number of pumpkins u have collected so far. U can smash the pumpkins or not. Smashing pumpkins will not decrease or increase the number of pumpkins u have accumulated.

ankavale1000
10-08-18, 12:08 PM
This is for the Storm Team
Could u please lower the price of the Great Smashing Pumpkin? It’s really steep considering all animated decos don’t cost that much. I believe only the ghosts cost come close to 300 gems. I want more crystal balls. Either lower the price of Great or put animated decos in shop please. I apologize if I’m being bothersome. Would love to get more crystal balls is all. Thanks

EastAfrica256
10-08-18, 01:33 PM
Ahh... that makes a lot of sense xD Thanks!

Lapetshop7
10-08-18, 03:36 PM
I smashed a pumpkin yesterday and got sheep feed and a haunted rose.

JustKay
10-08-18, 10:22 PM

Nothing but feed (alpaca, chicken, etc). This is sad. Checked my cellar, nothing special there too. Considering how hard it is to get these smashing pumpkins trading in farm animal costumes, it's pretty disheartening getting feed (the lowest value of barn items). I feel like their events used to be so much more fun. Besides their birthday events, normally S8 throw a smashing good halloween. I have one more pumpkin in my cellar, I'm torn between keeping one as a decoration (as I usually do with events), and smashing it in one last desperate attempt to justify all this (seemingly wasted) effort, seeing as I wouldn't want to keep a decoration to remind me of this disappointing event in the future anyway.

FRANTASTICO
10-09-18, 09:52 AM
I have smashed a total of 10 pumpkins and get nothing but food for the animals

Lapetshop7
10-09-18, 05:22 PM
Hi, you are having to make costumes to win a pumpkin head pet, but you can also win smash pumpkins and 2 great smash pumpkins with that event. You complete daily goals everyday like visiting a certain amount of neighbors and sending off certain amount of airplane deliveries that the goal says and win 1 smash pumpkin daily if you complete the two goals. The costumes are different from this goal! They have two separate things going on!

Nothing but feed (alpaca, chicken, etc). This is sad. Checked my cellar, nothing special there too. Considering how hard it is to get these smashing pumpkins trading in farm animal costumes, it's pretty disheartening getting feed (the lowest value of barn items). I feel like their events used to be so much more fun. Besides their birthday events, normally S8 throw a smashing good halloween. I have one more pumpkin in my cellar, I'm torn between keeping one as a decoration (as I usually do with events), and smashing it in one last desperate attempt to justify all this (seemingly wasted) effort, seeing as I wouldn't want to keep a decoration to remind me of this disappointing event in the future anyway.

zzGoldmine2
10-09-18, 07:27 PM
Hi, you are having to make costumes to win a pumpkin head pet, but you can also win smash pumpkins and 2 great smash pumpkins with that event. You complete daily goals everyday like visiting a certain amount of neighbors and sending off certain amount of airplane deliveries that the goal says and win 1 smash pumpkin daily if you complete the two goals. The costumes are different from this goal! They have two separate things going on!

Unfortunately, I've had to scale down my play in this game. I do not play all events all the way through and generally only play in a very focused way. I often only complete events with the help of the newspaper and other player's generosity. I don't plan on making it to earning the pumpkin head pet, so right now I'm creating costumes to clear the goal steps that reward me with smash pumpkins. Creating three pirate chicken outfits is not an easy task for me, so getting one pumpkin from the goal and smashing it for 4 chicken feed is a pretty bad return on investment.

Scalezzzz
10-10-18, 04:01 PM
I smashed a pumpkin and it showed me green grapes as my prize? But a jack o lantern showed up in my cellar. That had to be a mistake lol

gc0912
10-11-18, 04:01 AM
I’m still only getting animal feed after smashing the pumpkins!

eucom
10-11-18, 11:51 AM
I give up on this event. I am pretty competitive, especially with myself. I will generally finish an event even if I dislike it. But this one is just boring, and the prizes (Animal feed) I’ve been receiving don’t compensate for the time spent. The candy tree looks cute, but I won’t get the 31 pumpkins needed even with the pumpkins earned from the the Pumpkinhead event — without purchasing several from the market. Oh, well......

coleoptera42
10-12-18, 02:46 PM
I came to ask if they had fixed the animal feed bug. Sound like they haven't/won't. Why bother collecting or smashing pumpkins when all you get is something you can easily make and probably don't need? Dear devs- food is never a prize! I can make that easily, and I don't have all of those animals. Games are supposed to be fun, not endless grinding followed by disappointment. I tried to sell the alpaca feed but nobody wanted it, so I had to dump it.

judyandthecat
10-13-18, 12:38 AM
Today's Count is 19 Smashing Pumpkins
if you have a perfect total
oct 2 - oct 13 -- 12 smashing pumpkins
From Punkinhead event -- 7 smashing pumpkins

farmer_steen
10-14-18, 10:20 AM
I only sent 10 deliveries today and got the pumpkin, maybe they realise 20 plane deliveries per day is extremely time consuming and have eased up.

judyandthecat
10-14-18, 11:07 AM
I only sent 10 deliveries today and got the pumpkin, maybe they realise 20 plane deliveries per day is extremely time consuming and have eased up.

I was really happy that it wasn't 20 today too

RoyalBlue305
10-14-18, 03:41 PM
Glad it was 10 today too. This event is a grind so please keep it at 10 going forward. The best part is that we have to do community visits and that gives me an opportunity to look for those elusive Pirate Hats that kind folks are selling!!

eucom
10-14-18, 05:15 PM
Has anyone gotten a giant smashing pumpkin from the daily smashing pumpkin goals?

gdr4gon
10-14-18, 05:46 PM
Yay 10 deliveries only, I hope it stays.
ALSO can you guys please make it at least a couple of the Great Pumpkin too with the time left. :)

judyandthecat
10-14-18, 05:52 PM
Has anyone gotten a giant smashing pumpkin from the daily smashing pumpkin goals?

No it says in the goal each day that it is the small smashing Pumpkin

PookieBear50
10-14-18, 06:07 PM
No it says in the goal each day that it is the small smashing Pumpkin

Actually...I did receive 1 giant smashing Pumpkin from the daily goals. But only once, and it was clearly depicted in the goal award. I know this because I did not buy any giant smashing Pumpkins, but I currently have one in my cellar.

judyandthecat
10-15-18, 02:44 AM
Actually...I did receive 1 giant smashing Pumpkin from the daily goals. But only once, and it was clearly depicted in the goal award. I know this because I did not buy any giant smashing Pumpkins, but I currently have one in my cellar.

There was two giant smashing pumpkins in the Punkinhead event though could it be from there

PookieBear50
10-15-18, 03:08 AM
There was two giant smashing pumpkins in the Punkinhead event though could it be from there

Ah, I see...that is probably the case. I apologize for my mistaken assumption.

judyandthecat
10-15-18, 03:15 AM
Ah, I see...that is probably the case. I apologize for my mistaken assumption.

Boohoo I was hoping you were going to say no you got it from the planes then I would of had hope each day for one.

Lapetshop7
10-15-18, 08:21 PM
Won a pig o lantern 😀

griffithpack
10-17-18, 01:42 AM
I’m really curious to see what we’re going to need over 1,000 pumpkin smashers for! What will the next step be - I think we have to stay tuned until 2:30 PDT?????

dawnsstx
10-17-18, 10:44 AM
I’ve mainly only won feed and I think one cow o Latern or pig o Latern. I don’t mind this event because we are not dependent on the game to push us along. The pirate hats on the other challenge infuriated me and I came close to being a former player over it. I don’t love having to visit 10 farms every day for this challenge but I get they are trying to up player engagemnet. I will play it to completion because I know I will win the tree and it doesn’t take that much time in my day plus I can always use feed! I have so many animals now because I have been playing for years, feed is always a problem. So compared to the Punkinhead even (which cost me a lot more than it should have to complete) this is much better because you aren’t dependent on the game to help you win.

FarmerIreneOK
10-18-18, 12:14 PM
Does the candy tree actually do anything or is it just a decoration?

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 04:38 AM

I'll ask but I think it's a decoration.

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 09:23 AM

The Candy Tree is a tendable tree which means it drops things. :) More information will be provided later.

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 09:25 AM
For your information

The Great Smashing Pumpkin has the chance to drop everything that the Smashing Pumpkin drops, but also these super amazing prizes:
Mummy Dog
Hot Dog
Ghost
Vampire Cat
Spooky Bulldog
Haunted Husky
Sweet Spirit
Cursed Husky
Unearthly Husky
Crystal Ball
Graveyard
Pumpkin Fire Pit
Haunted Bird House
Witch's Broom
Haunted Tree
Haunted Carousel
Smoking Cauldron
Haunted Manor
Haunted Truck

HelloUncertainty
10-19-18, 09:23 PM
My smashing pumpkins aren’t counting towards the goal of smashing 31 pumpkins. It’s done it 5 times now :/

judyandthecat
10-20-18, 04:41 PM
The Candy tree looks the same as the purple trees some players got in beginning.
Only thing it has a twelve hour timer I do hope it gets candy all over it because right now it is identical to the purple tree.
A twelve hour timer!
Will let everyone know what is harvested in 12 hours

At the end of 12 hours it has become fully decorated

Now I am a tad scared to harvest and see what I get....

gc0912
10-22-18, 03:47 AM
I harvested mine and got 1 peanut brittle!

Rynetory2
10-23-18, 12:42 AM
I've been getting regular crafts from the Candy Tree. Has anyone gotten other drops besides regular crafts?

10-23-18, 01:17 PM
When are they going to fix the pumpkin situation? I smashed 6...needed only 5, but count remains at 26!

tromalyt
10-23-18, 02:21 PM
When are they going to fix the pumpkin situation? I smashed 6...needed only 5, but count remains at 26!

I believe it counts the pumpkins you get, regardless if you smash them or not.

I got 31 pumpkins, so I received the candy tree, despite the fact I had some in my yard as deco, without having to smash them

Lapetshop7
10-25-18, 03:19 PM
I won a haunted bird house 

loulou1290
10-26-18, 06:04 AM
I won a haunted bird house 😊

I won a Ghost!

judyandthecat
10-26-18, 02:02 PM
I won a Ghost!

Congratulations !

Natasha_07
10-27-18, 12:17 PM
Do smashing great pumpkins have a rarity percentage ? I've gotten trees. :confused:

TJW7447
10-27-18, 02:31 PM
I won a Spooky Bulldog and am being told I need a Haunted House for it. I have searched the store repeatedly and can't find one to purchase. I push the "go" button next to the pet and nothing happens. Is this a glitch or am I just missing something?

Lapetshop7
10-27-18, 07:45 PM
I need help. I won a ghost from the great smashing pumpkin and I can't find it anywhere! Its not in my cellar and the pumpkin is gone too. I have closed out of the game several times.

divinekakan
10-28-18, 06:46 AM
Hi!
I missad this event because I had my game moved to a new iPad.
I now get pumpkins I watt to smash but I do not have anythoing to smash them with. I have sent lots of deliveries but get no smashing tool.
Will I not be able to smash all the orange and the white pumpkins I now have?

Peggyg723
10-28-18, 07:10 AM
visit 10 community members in one day and you'll get hammers

Natasha_07
10-28-18, 04:24 PM
Do smashing great pumpkins have a rarity percentage ? I've gotten trees. :confused:

Can a mod answer this ? Thanks!

judyandthecat
10-28-18, 04:46 PM

I am not a mod but every time you smash a great pumpkin you can win one of the following:
I count 19 prizes so one out of 19 each smash and of course pets are rarer then the decorations in my opinion.
Mummy Dog
Hot Dog
Ghost
Vampire Cat
Spooky Bulldog
Haunted Husky
Sweet Spirit
Cursed Husky
Unearthly Husky
Crystal Ball
Graveyard
Pumpkin Fire Pit
Haunted Bird House
Witch's Broom
Haunted Tree
Haunted Carousel
Smoking Cauldron
Haunted Manor
Haunted Truck

TJW7447
10-28-18, 08:31 PM
Nevermind. The Haunted Houses are now in the market. Yay! 😊

Rynetory2
10-29-18, 06:46 AM
I need help. I won a ghost from the great smashing pumpkin and I can't find it anywhere! Its not in my cellar and the pumpkin is gone too. I have closed out of the game several times.

Restart your device and check again.

Rynetory2
10-29-18, 06:49 AM

The Great Smashing Pumpkin gives better prizes, e.g pets and animated decorations, than the normal Smashing Pumpkin. See the prizes you can get from them listed in Post 1.

divinekakan
10-29-18, 10:54 AM
Thank you! Got 100 hundred in one go ��
visit 10 community members in one day and you'll get hammers

ankavale1000
10-29-18, 11:41 AM
Feedback on this month long event
Overall I really enjoyed smashing the pumpkins. The 20 deliveries daily was trying for me in the beginning cuz of my busy schedule but it made sense once Leaderboard started.
Also, I thought it was unbelievably generous of the Team to gift out 6 Great Smashing throughout the month. Aside from pets won from events, players have chance to win pets from Great Smash.
One thing I would like to suggest is clarify how the pumpkin counter works. This game has never really been intuitive for me, it took me a long time to figure out that the counter shows number of pumpkins collected overall, regardless of smashing. I was afraid to smash pumpkins cuz I thought the number would go down so I'd never reach 31 lol.
A job well done to the Team. Thank you.
Happy Halloween to Farm Story 2 and all fellow farmers!

Lapetshop7
10-29-18, 12:40 PM
Still nothing. Guess i just lose out on the pet.

Lapetshop7
10-29-18, 12:42 PM
The game had messed up when i won it and it just disappeared.

Fairyreserve
10-29-18, 04:28 PM
Still nothing. Guess i just lose out on the pet.

The game had messed up when i won it and it just disappeared.

Why do you think you're losing out? If you won a ghost pet that's no longer in your cellar, contact Storm8 via the help form you can find in-game or via the forum. Sometimes, there are sync/save misses, unfortunately. It does happen, though rarely. Not sure if they can help you with that, but submit something to them, and see if they can help.

Lapetshop7
10-29-18, 04:38 PM
Okay. Thanks. I will try that.

Why do you think you're losing out? If you won a ghost pet that's no longer in your cellar, contact Storm8 via the help form you can find in-game or via the forum. Sometimes, there are sync/save misses, unfortunately. It does happen, though rarely. Not sure if they can help you with that, but submit something to them, and see if they can help.

vinafarm2015
10-29-18, 04:52 PM
Thank you storm 8 for a great event. I love all the prizes I got. Especially crystal ball and graveyard decoration. I?m looking forward to purchasing a Countryside Cottage this winter. I?m crossing my fingers.

cosmolife
10-31-18, 02:45 PM

Alpaca-o-Lantern
Chicken-o-Lantern
Cow-o-Lantern
Goat-o-Lantern
Pig-o-Lantern
Sheep-o-Lantern
Haunted Roses
Helping Hand
Jack O' Path
Pumpkin-Fetti Path

Has this issue been fixed yet? I just smashed a pumpkin and it gave me some pet feed :(

Look at my pic and see how many pumpkins I?ve collected and waited for you guys to fix this problem before I smash them. Am I going to find pet feed in all of them? :mad:

cosmolife
10-31-18, 02:49 PM
And yes. I’ve checked my cellar. I’ve restarted game. I also restarted my iPad too because why not :p

No new decoration in cellar. Only pet feed in barn

cosmolife
10-31-18, 05:41 PM
I just smashed 44 pumpkins and got...

124 assorted animal feeds
1 pet feed
5 lanterns

Is this normal?

annya_usagi
11-03-19, 08:44 PM
Hi!
I missad this event because I had my game moved to a new iPad.
I now get pumpkins I watt to smash but I do not have anythoing to smash them with. I have sent lots of deliveries but get no smashing tool.
Will I not be able to smash all the orange and the white pumpkins I now have?

Hi,
I have the same problem, and i also started late but finished all goals. However, have no daily goals to complete and get my smashers, don?t have any and i have pumpkins to open. Please help before event ends.

Restarted device, game many times, sent deliveries, etc. Nothing to open pumpkins with, no daily goals appearing.