PDA

View Full Version : Dropbear - 2018 Oct 2

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 02:05 AM
Dropbear - new creature
More information on Dropbear (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1543221&viewfull=1#post1543221) in Creatures Guide.
Dropbear

Element: Spooky, Nature (breed Earth + Nature)
Rarity: Common
Cost: 400 gems

gramland
10-02-18, 11:43 AM
DropBear spooky/nature common 5 hrs

miadoubled
10-02-18, 11:44 AM
DropBear spooky/nature common 5 hrs
What element do we used for spooky??

gramland
10-02-18, 11:46 AM
What element do we used for spooky??

Sorcerer's Steed and Pandaffodil

Sugarcat5
10-02-18, 11:55 AM
Newer accounts aren't gonna have spooky. Anyone know what standard element we need besides nature?

alienonacid
10-02-18, 11:57 AM
Newer accounts aren't gonna have spooky. Anyone know what standard element we need besides nature?

Earth and nature.

Cranlink14606
10-02-18, 11:59 AM
Got it with Sorcerer's Steed and Emerald Dragon. 5 hours breeding and evolving. Haven't found what can be used in place of Spooky.

alienonacid
10-02-18, 12:03 PM
The second chapter gives you a "Mothlight" which is spooky and nature. You can use it to breed a Dropbear.

MystiqueRealm
10-02-18, 12:16 PM
I'm starting to think it's no accident they conveniently forget a side goal giving the easier combo to breed a special element like spooky, using spooky in breeding gives a lot more fails than a specific common element to use with nature, which causes more gem speed breeding. I guess they'll add it later as an Oh yeah use dark (or whatever) thx s8 I'm not impressed but I am catching on

Callyvitale19
10-02-18, 01:33 PM
Drop bear egg

JanineQuinty
10-02-18, 01:52 PM
This will be the animal we have to breed for level 6 in the Story book. We have to breed a common animal every last story book (for quite some time now). Have some patience and wait for a topic about the Story book. You will find the combo to breed over there.

MystiqueRealm
10-02-18, 01:58 PM
Yes it's for sb, and it's been proven over many past sb that the sooner you start breeding the more successful you are, and people that wait for the mission in sb have a way more difficult time. S8 should post the common breeding elements as usual in the side goal, they shouldn't expect someone will pay to finish sb and let us know that breeding mission. Thank goodness we have a few people that will but if they skip it, then what?

alienonacid
10-02-18, 02:07 PM
At level 10 the Dropbear just looks like a different colored Koala Cadabra. He was cuter before. :( :( :(

Phoenix406
10-02-18, 03:47 PM
At level 10 the Dropbear just looks like a different colored Koala Cadabra. He was cuter before. :( :( :(

That's the problem with a lot of animals that we are forced to grow - I prefer some of them at younger stages. But wait, he only has to go to level 4, doesn't he? So I'll keep mine a juvenile. Thanks for the heads up!

Phoenix406
10-02-18, 04:13 PM
Blargh! Got a Forest Cat, of course. And now a Cactus Comey. So we have three 5 hour dark/nature commons now. Great!

aurorapayens
10-02-18, 04:51 PM
Blargh! Got a Forest Cat, of course. And now a Cactus Comey. So we have three 5 hour dark/nature commons now. Great!

The storybook thread on the forum says it's earth and nature, not dark and nature. Just FYI.

Phoenix406
10-02-18, 07:53 PM
The storybook thread on the forum says it's earth and nature, not dark and nature. Just FYI.

Thank you! I missed that. I was using the originally posted info. Guess I won't do that again. 😐

deadpixel
10-02-18, 09:57 PM
Got it on my first try, though I have no idea why I'm even bothering cause I'm out of space and cannot properly play this or any other FFS event :mad: :mad: :mad:

https://image.ibb.co/f4iBpK/7_B0_E3_A21_FA4_D_4_E08_BD2_C_3994_C45_B191_C.jpg ... I’m prolonging the agony ... https://image.ibb.co/go3nEK/EE5789_BB_F342_477_C_82_DD_8_D1_B2_EDA34_BA.jpg

Lisa0107
10-03-18, 04:09 PM
I got a 5 hour but the egg is not right so there is another 5 hour fail for the drop bear. Sigh. I used to love this game so much but it's just tedious now :(

Phoenix406
10-03-18, 05:58 PM
I got a 5 hour but the egg is not right so there is another 5 hour fail for the drop bear. Sigh. I used to love this game so much but it's just tedious now :(

Cottonmouth Viper is probably the fail.

Lisa0107
10-03-18, 08:07 PM
I am using sorcerers steed and frankenswine (dark/nature) is that the right combo?

Tiamat68
10-03-18, 08:15 PM
Lisa0107, It's nature/earth you need to breed. I have the egg on my nest. I used Pandaffodil and Rock Rhino. Good luck.

rettadoughty
10-04-18, 12:21 AM
Drop bear egg

What animal do you use with the Mothlight animal to get Dropbear? Thank you in advance.

Lisa0107
10-04-18, 04:49 AM
Lisa0107, It's nature/earth you need to breed. I have the egg on my nest. I used Pandaffodil and Rock Rhino. Good luck.

Thank you. I'll try that

miadoubled
10-04-18, 07:24 AM
Still no luck. Tons of vipers but no dang bear

liesl23
10-04-18, 09:47 AM
I just got a Dropbear breeding Little Fawn with Pumpkin Panda, I hope that helps someone :)

miadoubled
10-04-18, 04:05 PM
Using mothlight has got me nothing but dark nature combo creatures. Why oh why can nothing ever be easy!!

Phoenix406
10-04-18, 05:07 PM
Using mothlight has got me nothing but dark nature combo creatures. Why oh why can nothing ever be easy!!

Forget using spooky and just use earth and nature.

cheetahblood
10-04-18, 08:39 PM
Can someone post a pic of the adult form?

AppieP
10-04-18, 09:01 PM
Got it with Rock Rhino and Emerald Dragon.

deadpixel
10-04-18, 10:44 PM
Two more days before this little baby comes out of its egg and gets euthanized; unless of course more land becomes available for expansion.

https://image.ibb.co/gbFXJe/26_AA3616_6_A16_42_A0_9552_CE143_F2_A5343.jpg

:blue:

ssmoonray55
10-05-18, 07:29 AM
Elements are earth & nature

Latoyab211
10-05-18, 10:01 AM
I got the Dropbear with Racmoon & Paw Paw Bear. GLA

Latoyab211
10-05-18, 10:02 AM
Two more days before this little baby comes out of its egg and gets euthanized; unless of course more land becomes available for expansion.

Thank you for the pic of the egg!

Phoenix406
10-05-18, 11:33 AM

Don't you have to hatch him to breed with later? That's usually the way it works. I'm going to go check the event info to see for sure.
Yes, we have to breed Dropbear with a Mothlight.

Phoenix406
10-05-18, 11:36 AM
So I finally got a Dropbear on my older account by breeding the Racmoon for today's task with a Pandaffodil. Surprised since it has an extra, unnecessary element in there. My other account, on the other hand, gets nothing but long fails. Looking at a 17 hour fail right now. I'm not even sure what that could be. Guess I'll have to check the Guide. It isn't a Koala dealie because there's no lightning in my combo.

Update: I guess it will be a Pygmy Giraffe.

deadpixel
10-05-18, 12:04 PM
Don't you have to hatch him to breed with later? That's usually the way it works. I'm going to go check the event info to see for sure.
Yes, we have to breed Dropbear with a Mothlight.

Heh! The point is that I have no more habitat space and no more expansion space. There is no place left in my forest to place the Dropbear when I hatch it, which means I won't be able to play this or any future events properly.

A whole lot of us that are in the same boat have been asking the developers to give us more expansion space. Instead of doing that, they want us to upgrade selected habitats at the price of 100 gems so as to hold five creatures instead of four.

I understand that the game runs on the principle of "Free-to-play," and I support that, especially when the items offered for purchase are beautiful, cute or enhances gameplay. I won't, however, be arm-twisted into making purchases of ridiculously priced upgrades that provide temporary relief.

Phoenix406
10-05-18, 12:25 PM
Heh! The point is that I have no more habitat space and no more expansion space. There is no place left in my forest to place the Dropbear when I hatch it, which means I won't be able to play this or any future events properly.

A whole lot of us that are in the same boat have been asking the developers to give us more expansion space. Instead of doing that, they want us to upgrade selected habitats at the price of 100 gems so as to hold five creatures instead of four.

I understand that the game runs on the principle of "Free-to-play," and I support that, especially when the items offered for purchase are beautiful, cute or enhances gameplay. I won't, however, be arm-twisted into making purchases of ridiculously priced upgrades that provide temporary relief.

I'm right there with you, in the same boat on my older account. I have sent in a ticket, posted repeatedly in the forums, and even sent private messages to some S8 Staff regarding the need for land and have received no response. I am going to go ahead and upgrade at least a couple of my habitats even though it is ridiculously expensive to do so.

Lisa0107
10-05-18, 02:43 PM
Unbelievable....peamoth, gargolem, punk skunk, nothing but long fails. I don't know why they call these animals common. They are far from that. I have not been able to complete a storybook since coastal curin ....sigh....its frustrating

Phoenix406
10-05-18, 03:10 PM
Unbelievable....peamoth, gargolem, punk skunk, nothing but long fails. I don't know why they call these animals common. They are far from that. I have not been able to complete a storybook since coastal curin ....sigh....its frustrating

You are using Dark. You need to use Earth and Nature.

Phoenix406
10-05-18, 03:13 PM
@Rynetory Post #6 in this thread contains an error that has caused some of us to lose time by breeding the wrong elements. Can you please remove that post? Thank you!

Lisa0107
10-05-18, 03:47 PM
You are using Dark. You need to use Earth and Nature.

I'm using the spooky / nature animal from the storybook and pandaffodil. Is that wrong?

Phoenix406
10-05-18, 04:10 PM
I'm using the spooky / nature animal from the storybook and pandaffodil. Is that wrong?

I don't know. I will let someone else weigh in here. It does say to breed with spooky, but spooky is composed of earth and dark, so it is going to continue to throw those long dark fails that you are getting. Post #1 says to use earth and nature. Perhaps someone else who has bred it already can give you some guidance.

Lisa0107
10-05-18, 05:54 PM
I don't know. I will let someone else weigh in here. It does say to breed with spooky, but spooky is composed of earth and dark, so it is going to continue to throw those long dark fails that you are getting. Post #1 says to use earth and nature. Perhaps someone else who has bred it already can give you some guidance.

Thanks!!! I'll try earth nature

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 10:25 PM
@Rynetory Post #6 in this thread contains an error that has caused some of us to lose time by breeding the wrong elements. Can you please remove that post? Thank you!

Looks like member corrected his post after you have posted this. Thanks for spotting it. I'll leave it since it has been corrected.

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 10:35 PM

I got mine using Rock Rhino and Pandaffodil, same as Tiamat68 who has replied to you earlier.

I personally would use Earth + Nature because
1. players got successful results from these
2. spooky is special element which throws in other unwanted elements with wrong fails as Phoenix406 explained

I have stated in Post 1 to use Earth + Nature but it's entirely your call to breed with them. Hope this clarifies. :)

Lisa0107
10-06-18, 05:57 AM
Thanks for alk the help everyone. I'm switching to earth nature. No luck yet on the drop bear but at least I have a better chance now. I appreciate all the help ☺ I really want that creepy crawler ��

miadoubled
10-06-18, 08:09 AM
Back to back 14hr. Nothing lower than 12 hrs beside 2vipers at first. Goodness this has to be a joke.

Thank you drop bear gods for blessing me just in time for the chapter to start and for me to be out of gems -- after my last speed up of 5 14hrs back to back. I now got my super ultra common!!! Yayyyyy

Gaillock
10-07-18, 01:34 AM

I sell a low level animal in the needed habitat to make room for an animal required in current event if I'm able to breed one successfully. If I really want to complete the event & I choose one that I don't think I will miss.

AppieP
10-07-18, 03:53 AM
Back to back 14hr. Nothing lower than 12 hrs beside 2vipers at first. Goodness this has to be a joke.

Thank you drop bear gods for blessing me just in time for the chapter to start and for me to be out of gems -- after my last speed up of 5 14hrs back to back. I now got my super ultra common!!! Yayyyyy

Congrats on getting your Dropbear!!:D

Lisa0107
10-07-18, 12:56 PM

Congrats!!! These storybook "commons" (aka super ultra rare) are most elusive. Glad to hear some are getting them. I'll keep trying but I am preparing to say goodbye to the creepy crawler

poofyena
10-07-18, 12:59 PM
Still not managed to get this little critter an now another 12 hour fail. I?ve had no luck the last few storybooks.

Phoenix406
10-07-18, 01:01 PM
Still not managed to get this little critter an now another 12 hour fail. I?ve had no luck the last few storybooks.
Got it on my old account with no room (of course!), but not on my newer account. I've never not finished before. 😳

miadoubled
10-07-18, 01:29 PM
Congrats!!! These storybook "commons" (aka super ultra rare) are most elusive. Glad to hear some are getting them. I'll keep trying but I am preparing to say goodbye to the creepy crawler

Thank you, I hope you get some luck soon!! Don't give up yet :/

miadoubled
10-07-18, 01:30 PM
Congrats on getting your Dropbear!!:Dthank you!

Sugarcat5
10-07-18, 01:30 PM
Got it on my old account with no room (of course!), but not on my newer account. I've never not finished before. 😳

Yep...we are in the same boat. My main account (with the space issues) got it no problem but the 12+ hour fails on baby account are getting ridiculous. I don't understand how a "common" can be so hard to breed. I usually don't have such a hard time on baby account . Hopefully we will get some luck and still be able to finish the storybook.

Lisa0107
10-08-18, 10:26 AM
Well I am shocked. Just hatched a dropbear. I'm stunned. Lol. Creepy crawler here I come!!!!!

Sugarcat5
10-08-18, 02:55 PM
Well I am shocked. Just hatched a dropbear. I'm stunned. Lol. Creepy crawler here I come!!!!!

I just got mine on baby account finally too!!!! I still don't understand why it would take 6 days to breed a common animal.

Phoenix406
10-08-18, 03:17 PM
Now I'm hat I bred one, I can't stop breeding them. 🙄 That's ok - now I can have a baby that I never have to grow up.

Lisa0107
10-08-18, 04:10 PM
I just got mine on baby account finally too!!!! I still don't understand why it would take 6 days to breed a common animal.

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!!

mraguia
10-09-18, 10:08 AM
Took me over 48 hours to finally get it. Used to be with these events it would automatically give you the result. Now the event is all but impossible because I’m 2 days behind now.

Minimalio
10-09-18, 12:00 PM
Complimenti! !
Posso sapere con quali creature l'hai ottenuto? Io finora ho collezionato solo tanti fallimenti di 12e pi? ore...ho quasi perso ogni speranza...non completer? questo Storybook e mi sembra ingiusto :-(

silverdovex
10-09-18, 07:25 PM
so bummed still no luck! just endless planters and honey bears and 1 viper :(

reddog2Times
10-09-18, 09:27 PM
Hey S8, what is the definition of common? I have been trying since the start and still not thing.

Alohatami
10-09-18, 11:48 PM
I'm really glad I'm not very invested in this story book this time, since I have gotten nothing but long fails.

lindarife
10-10-18, 12:00 PM
I have made multiple tries at breeding with no luck. Guess I will not be finishing this one. Is anyone else having trouble getting fantasy forest to load? It starts to load on my tablet, hen just kcos out

silverdovex
10-10-18, 03:05 PM
just posting now but finally got mine today!! Excited for the creepy crawler!

the only other time I got a five hour breed, I was also breeding around 8am EST. If I was breeding at night it would turn out to be a planther and afternoons would be honey bears - might just be a funny coincidence

Minimalio
10-10-18, 09:40 PM
Complimenti! !!
Io trovato ieri sera dopo aver fatto il salto di 50 gemme...sono molto indietro...spero di riuscire a completare il libro di fiabe.
Ps: sono il custode di "Ma For?t".

miadoubled
10-11-18, 12:00 PM
Just got on my baby acct. This morning. Hope I still get to creepy crawler!

silverdovex
10-11-18, 12:11 PM
Complimenti! !!
Io trovato ieri sera dopo aver fatto il salto di 50 gemme...sono molto indietro...spero di riuscire a completare il libro di fiabe.
Ps: sono il custode di "Ma For?t".

ma foret?! haha so cool we got connected here on the forum! thank you for being a great gem partner :)

and congrats on your drop bear!! if you have the rest of the animals like planters and bamboon I think you can finish it with good planning and timing. Good luck!

Minimalio
10-11-18, 09:33 PM
ma foret?! haha so cool we got connected here on the forum! thank you for being a great gem partner :)

and congrats on your drop bear!! if you have the rest of the animals like planters and bamboon I think you can finish it with good planning and timing. Good luck!
Grazie, grazie davvero 😊
Eh s? ? bello ritrovarsi qui sul forum anche se io sono poco pratica 😕
Howloween ? con me ☺
La tua foresta ? spettacolare...io l'adoro 😊