PDA

View Full Version : COLOSSEUM: Old Bones - 2018 Oct 2

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 02:02 AM
Old Bones - new creature
More information on Old Bones (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1543217&viewfull=1#post1543217) in Creatures Guide.

Refer to Battle Chart (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463666&viewfull=1#post1463666) if you need help.
Starting this thread for you to discuss on this animal and the battles in the Colosseum.

For players new to the Colosseum, see Chapter Colosseum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463669&viewfull=1#post1463669) for more information.

Old Bones

Element: Spooky, Nature
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

AppieP
10-02-18, 12:31 PM
Love the new creature; Old Bones. Hope i can make it to this one too.

alienonacid
10-02-18, 12:42 PM
Love the new creature; Old Bones. Hope i can make it to this one too.

Old Bones if my fave too. The rest are ok, except for the horrible "Mothlight" which is just the "King of the Sea" with orange ears. :blue:

CaRee215
10-06-18, 11:31 PM
On I've a QUESTION.. has any player win the Colosseum animal WITHOUT using any gold? I don't believe it. You gotta have the stallstreak to actually win with a little over 100 battles .. the most got get are 3 each battle. The curious. Cuz i can win regular tournaments hand over fist without using gold all the time... plmk in just curious

Sakrysta
10-08-18, 05:17 AM
On I've a QUESTION.. has any player win the Colosseum animal WITHOUT using any gold? I don't believe it. You gotta have the stallstreak to actually win with a little over 100 battles .. the most got get are 3 each battle. The curious. Cuz i can win regular tournaments hand over fist without using gold all the time... plmk in just curiousI got the Astrowl on all my accounts without spending gems. But I think that's the only time. I've gotten close with others and spent some gems in the last hours to either keep streaks or repeat battles, but I only do that if the goal animal is ... oh, 30 or so away. I hoard my gems like a dragon, so I have to really want the animal and be really close to getting it.

Last time the Fairy Dragon was completely out of reach. I've gotten a slow start with Old Bones, but I'm trying to consistently put in as may attempts as I can, because it's a great looking animal, and I really want it.

AppieP
10-08-18, 08:11 AM
I got the Astrowl on all my accounts without spending gems. But I think that's the only time. I've gotten close with others and spent some gems in the last hours to either keep streaks or repeat battles, but I only do that if the goal animal is ... oh, 30 or so away. I hoard my gems like a dragon, so I have to really want the animal and be really close to getting it.

Last time the Fairy Dragon was completely out of reach. I've gotten a slow start with Old Bones, but I'm trying to consistently put in as may attempts as I can, because it's a great looking animal, and I really want it.

Same on everything you just said. I sometimes spent some gems if I'm close, or when i really wanted the creature. For this one the Old Bones i really really want. So consistenly play as many as i can during my busy days. But I'm not complaining this time......
Good luck too all.

paulmiddle
10-12-18, 01:55 PM
I have won a couple but only ones I didn’t really want. I won’t spend gems on this when Even using strong attacks every time I can’t win. I have given up.

alienonacid
10-13-18, 04:41 PM
478778 hrs

AppieP
10-13-18, 05:05 PM
478778 hrs

You are fast. Congrats with your Old Bones.

miadoubled
10-13-18, 09:36 PM
478778 hrs

Congrats! I'm sooo jealous .. if you dont mind..how do you do it?? I'm trying to figure out why I can never manage to even get close. .do you get large streaks? Or speed through rounds at all? Or are you just very consistent on your hourly play? I thought I was doing well this month for a change and was thinking maybe I was moving at a faster pace and I could make it for once, but I think I will be in the same position as usual come end of month. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!;)

silverdovex
10-14-18, 05:17 AM
478778 hrs

Oooo! Congrats! this is my first time really trying for the colosseum animal - they just designed this creature so well I want it haha

alienonacid
10-14-18, 06:53 AM
Congrats! I'm sooo jealous .. if you dont mind..how do you do it?? I'm trying to figure out why I can never manage to even get close. .do you get large streaks? Or speed through rounds at all? Or are you just very consistent on your hourly play? I thought I was doing well this month for a change and was thinking maybe I was moving at a faster pace and I could make it for once, but I think I will be in the same position as usual come end of month. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!;)
The two main pointers that I can give are: have epic/adult animals for each element and use the battle chart accoringly. If you use an animal with two elements that beat the main element youre fighting, even bettter. Example, a space/fire animal will beat an earth anaimal easily. Also, once I get a win streak going of at least 4 or 5 I use gems if neccessary to get up to 10 in order to get the extra points. Then I start the process over. I spent roughly 100 gems this time, which isnt a lot considering the shop price of Old Bones.

miadoubled
10-14-18, 11:19 AM
The two main pointers that I can give are: have epic/adult animals for each element and use the battle chart accoringly. If you use an animal with two elements that beat the main element youre fighting, even bettter. Example, a space/fire animal will beat an earth anaimal easily. Also, once I get a win streak going of at least 4 or 5 I use gems if neccessary to get up to 10 in order to get the extra points. Then I start the process over. I spent roughly 100 gems this time, which isnt a lot considering the shop price of Old Bones.

Thank you so much and no that Is not a lot at all.. I was thinking it would cost way more than that. You were a big help - its greatly appreciated :-)

AppieP
10-24-18, 09:52 AM
Finally i made it to finish Old Bones:cool:

So happy with it. Really love this creature. Nice job S8

Egg on the nest:

Minimalio
11-02-18, 06:03 AM
Preso anch'io. ..finalmente! !