PDA

View Full Version : Blue Turtle Leaderboard Event - 2018 Sep 20 (POLL ADDED)

judyandthecat
09-20-18, 02:38 PM
Blue Turtle Leaderboard Event iOS only. This is a Leaderboard Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

For your information:

With regards to the +1 points in buildings, you get 1 leaderboard point for every 1 hour craft. The game does not show 0.5 points but they accumulate. For crafts of lesser duration than 1 hour, you need to make enough for 1 hour in order to get 1 point.

Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
6 flour (10 mins) = 1 point
3 white sugar (20 mins) = 1 point
2 powdered sugar (30 mins) = 1 point
1 corn starch (1 hr 30 mins) = 1 point
2 corn starch (1 hr 30 mins) = 3 points

Blue Turtle goes into the Sandcastle

Congrats to all winners. :D

The sandcastle was available from past event, please check your cellar.

For new members who didn't have it, I'll pass in a request for the team to put it on Market for you. Please wait.

The sandcastle is now available in your Market.

Win a Blue Turtle Pet
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47514

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from {start date/time} to {end date/time}.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Buy the Turtle Bath - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Farmer's Outpost - 1+ points
Collect from your Morgan's Herb Garden - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Turtle Bath (100 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200 points - Mystery Box
600 points - Mystery Box
1,000 points - Pool Float
1,400 points - Mystery Box
1,800 points - Mystery Box
2,200 points - Turtle Pool
2,700 points - Mystery Box
3,250 points - Mystery Box
3,800 points - 5 Bags Pet Food
4,350 points - Mystery Box
4,900 points - Mystery Box
5,450 points - Jellyfish Lamp
6,000 points - Mystery Box
6,500 points - Windchime

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Blue Turtle (pet), Gold Turtle Shell Trophy
2nd - Blue Turtle (pet), Silver Turtle Shell Trophy
3rd - Bronze Trophy, Mama Turtle Plushie, 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th - 10,000 coins, Mama Turtle, 5 Expansion Permits
7th to 12th - 7,500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47515

Paul__
09-20-18, 03:25 PM
oh no, not another leaderboard! I don’t mind every few months bust we just had one 2 weeks ago!

MagicAaron
09-20-18, 06:24 PM
I'm not getting points when I collect from windmills. Is anyone else having this trouble?

judyandthecat
09-20-18, 07:17 PM
I'm not getting points when I collect from windmills. Is anyone else having this trouble?

This is what I found in the last leaderboard event with the windmill.
You get one point per hour.
Therefore Flour takes 10 minutes
You have to make six flour for one point.
White sugar takes 20 minutes so you have to make three bags for one point.
Corn Starch takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.
First bag I got 1 point ..second bag 2 points
Three hours three points it kept track.

MagicAaron
09-20-18, 09:19 PM
Wow! Thank you for all your incredible research, Judy! This is great information!

coleoptera42
09-20-18, 10:12 PM
I wish the prize was maps and land deeds! I have 39 expansion permits, 13 maps and 9 land deeds. I don't understand why they keep giving expansion permits as prizes when they already drop so much more frequently than the other expansion items. I just wish they would mix it up a little. I haven't been about to expand in months and I am running out of room.

I also don't understand why my post was moved from the prize discussion thread! I am talking about a prize I would like to see in the game. ^_^

k1rf
09-21-18, 03:11 AM
The turtle is sooooooo cute, will there be another way to get it if I cannot win my leaderboard? Good luck everyone :)

Lapetshop7
09-21-18, 04:43 AM
Hi how come this event isn't showing up on my farm?? Thanks

Rynetory2
09-21-18, 07:06 AM
The turtle is sooooooo cute, will there be another way to get it if I cannot win my leaderboard? Good luck everyone :)

This is the only way now. Unless Storm8 releases this for sale in future but there's no guarantee. Try to win it if you can. Good luck!

Rynetory2
09-21-18, 07:07 AM
Hi how come this event isn't showing up on my farm?? Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :)

You need to be on iOS platform and of level to participate in this event.

Peggyg723
09-23-18, 02:46 PM
I am not getting boosted points from windmill while my boost is in effect?? its giving me 1 point for 3 white sugar with bronze boost in effect?? other buildings seem to be boosted properly...

Rynetory2
09-24-18, 04:08 AM
For your information:

With regards to the +1 points in buildings, you get 1 leaderboard point for every 1 hour craft. The game does not show 0.5 points but they accumulate. For crafts of lesser duration than 1 hour, you need to make enough for 1 hour in order to get 1 point.

Rynetory2
09-24-18, 04:12 AM
I am not getting boosted points from windmill while my boost is in effect?? its giving me 1 point for 3 white sugar with bronze boost in effect?? other buildings seem to be boosted properly...

For bronze boost, you would get 1.5 points for 3 white sugar but it showed as 1 point because the game does not show 0.5 point. If you did 6 white sugar, you would get 3 points. Hope this clarifies.

For your information:

Peggyg723
09-24-18, 06:50 AM
ok I will check that with 6 sugar next time.. thanks

NElove6
09-25-18, 10:05 AM
The leadership boards are frustrating when you are with people who use ***** codes and have unlimited gems. People are accumulating thousands of points daily. Why participate if you are going to ***** to win the prize.

draughnc
09-25-18, 03:40 PM
The leadership boards are frustrating when you are with people who use ***** codes and have unlimited gems. People are accumulating thousands of points daily. Why participate if you are going to ***** to win the prize.
I agree. The last 5 days we will have a limited time offer of trophies and people will buy their way to the top. It is frustrating. We need an opt out of the leadership board event option. This is a major money maker for S8. Last time about 5 people spent over $100 each to win a duck which is just a grid. This is why we are having another leaderboard event so soon.

gc0912
09-25-18, 04:41 PM

I’m not sure what other people are doing but someone in my group gained 7,000 points overnight! I’m nowhere near that for the days the event has been running!

Rynetory2
09-26-18, 01:55 AM

I am not sure what these players are doing and if they are.

All I will say is that players who purchase gems legitimately and can afford them are not *****ers. We should be glad to these players who spend money on the game. They help to pay the team so they can continue to develope this great game for us. Besides, this forum which is available to all players, including players who play for free, needs someone to pay the electricity bills to keep things running.

However if anyone use other game exploits, then yes they should not. For further discussion or if you wish to report these players, please send me a private message, link in my signature.

Moissonor
09-26-18, 06:44 AM
The same (gain of about 4000) this morning (9h ET) in my nephew Farm.

Blondiegirlhi
09-28-18, 05:41 AM
Wow, I want this turtle so bad. I really like these events because I am competitive and I really love the final award animals, so cute. This time, I have been put with some really tough competitors, so I know I’m in for a tough fight. Last time, I had someone in my group buy leaderboard points and overnight they jumped from being down thousands to being up thousands and ahead of me...ouch. But so far this time, everyone is just working hard to advance (and using some boosts too, which is more than fair in my mind). I have resigned myself to playing my best and will be satisfied with whatever I can get...but oooh, I do want that cute little turtle. And, please...after this leaderboard event, I really hope we get a longer pause on these...I’m exhausted, ha.

analexstore
09-28-18, 07:06 PM
Something went wrong and I have never received my mystery box for 2250 milestone...

For this event I’m Not having as much time as the last leaderboard...

analexstore
09-28-18, 07:14 PM
Turtle I s uber-cute... just about time as I stored my other sandcastle and turtle because she was all alone :love_heart:

judyandthecat
09-29-18, 04:34 PM
Why does Storm8 sell Leaderboard points?

To pay the bills plain and simple. It is the end of the month and there are employees to be paid, overhead expenses, etc
Are they greedy? No they are staying afloat. Period. Survival in a cutthroat business.
Some events are going to be gimmes like the Succulent Event.
Almost everyone made coins and received a PANDA
But if every event was a gimme then Storm8 would cease to exist.
Leaderboard I am thinking is likely a huge money maker because players that go to work every day suddenly have the opportunity to buy their way to the top.
But then on the flip side you have the crowd that with not much to do play a lot of hours ...suddenly they find their lead gone because someone in their group bought points. And yes it is frustrating but try to look at it this way...
Those players that bought points just injected a huge amount of money into the company and that my friend is what allows a lot of players to play for free and keeps the game going.
In a leaderboard only ten percent of the players is going to win the grand prize.
There are milestone prizes to be won by everyone.

I want this game to continue. I have played it for many years.

Judy

Blondiegirlhi
09-30-18, 10:19 AM
You know the wonderful thing about this country is that everyone can have an opinion and it can differ and we are all free to express what we think...at least that is how it has always been and I hope it continues that way. Having said that, I do not agree that it is fair to have people work their butts off in a “competition” style event and have them lose it at the end because somebody has lots of money and will buy their way to the top. That is not fair at all, again, in my opinion. The creators of this game can make money in this event by setting the rules up-front and abiding by them. I have used countless diamonds to boost my points. I knew these would help up-front, as did everyone else. So the playing field was level. I have already replenished my diamond stash once and will be doing it again at the end of this event. The creators of this game will be making good money off of me in order that I can win one little pet. I think that several of the people in my group are doing the same...I assume that because their is a fierce battle going on between several of us. Again, as I stated at the beginning, I know there is a diversity of thoughts on this...just wanted to add mine so that Storm8 has different views on this.

Ravenbluffer
09-30-18, 11:00 AM
I want to thank all those purchasing diamonds to use on boosts to move up the leadership board. I completely understand that the S8 crew has to eat, and we get to have a little fun in the process. I know I won?t get the turtle, but I am holding my own on the board and enjoying myself with this game.

judyandthecat
09-30-18, 12:22 PM
You know the wonderful thing about this country is that everyone can have an opinion and it can differ and we are all free to express what we think...at least that is how it has always been and I hope it continues that way.

I so agree with this because we have so many players from different countries and input from all players is valuable to the Storm8 team.

draughnc
09-30-18, 03:19 PM
You know the wonderful thing about this country is that everyone can have an opinion and it can differ and we are all free to express what we think...at least that is how it has always been and I hope it continues that way. Having said that, I do not agree that it is fair to have people work their butts off in a “competition” style event and have them lose it at the end because somebody has lots of money and will buy their way to the top. That is not fair at all, again, in my opinion. The creators of this game can make money in this event by setting the rules up-front and abiding by them. I have used countless diamonds to boost my points. I knew these would help up-front, as did everyone else. So the playing field was level. I have already replenished my diamond stash once and will be doing it again at the end of this event. The creators of this game will be making good money off of me in order that I can win one little pet. I think that several of the people in my group are doing the same...I assume that because their is a fierce battle going on between several of us. Again, as I stated at the beginning, I know there is a diversity of thoughts on this...just wanted to add mine so that Storm8 has different views on this.
Bravo! Very well said! I am always buying gems and feel the leaderboard events should be playing and boosts.

jenishahsinej
10-01-18, 08:35 AM
I have not been getting points for the items I craft in the windmill. 😢😩😡

eucom
10-01-18, 08:45 AM
I play this game on 5 devices—4 iOS and 1 android. The event determines which and how may devices I play. When it comes to leaderboard events, I start out with 3 and play till I see which one does better then use only one. Funny how it’s always the newest device that I play leaderboard on. Anyway, it seems that the top 4 (me included) changed rankings once or twice a day. The first day the points went on sale, one of the top 4 suddenly has 3x the points I do-and I was in 2nd place. So I think, I’ll keep playing because I’m still in the running for the pet if I come in second. Then the next day one of the other top 4 players has 3x the points I do. But I continued to play another day and then decided—I’m done. The only way to catch up and pass at least one of these 2 players, would be to buy 2 value packs at $15 each. And if I did, what’s to keep them from buying more. Not happening. I’m done. As I mentioned a couple events ago, how about a nice Country Fair event?

judyandthecat
10-01-18, 10:20 AM
I have not been getting points for the items I craft in the windmill. ������

What have you been making?
It takes one hour for one point..
So you have to make six flour before you get one point beings Flour is a ten minute crop.
White sugar is 20 minute so you need to make 3 bags before you get 1 point
I do corn starch which is 1 hour 30 minutes
The game seems to keep track
1st bag I get 1 point 2nd bag 2 points.
3 hours is 3 points

akireznarf
10-02-18, 02:15 AM
my +1,000 points after spinning the wheel was not added to my leaderboard score. i have a screenshot of it

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 02:20 AM
my +1,000 points after spinning the wheel was not added to my leaderboard score. i have a screenshot of it

You got 1,000 points from the spin wheel? Best thing is to check your connection and do a force save of your game progress so this does not happen again. Try restarting your game and see if you got your points... sorry for your loss... :( hope you get it back after restarting game.

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 02:20 AM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

akireznarf
10-02-18, 02:26 AM
You got 1,000 points from the spin wheel? Best thing is to check your connection and do a force save of your game progress so this does not happen again. Try restarting your game and see if you got your points... sorry for your loss... :( hope you get it back after restarting game.

Yes, 1 spin and i got +1,000. I was surprised that I took a screenshot to show to my friend. Unfortunately, after closing the spin wheel, nothing was added to my score and I need to wait 4hrs to spin again. How do we force save?

ankavale1000
10-02-18, 07:06 AM
Yes, 1 spin and i got +1,000. I was surprised that I took a screenshot to show to my friend. Unfortunately, after closing the spin wheel, nothing was added to my score and I need to wait 4hrs to spin again. How do we force save?

Do u still have the screenshot? Can u check if that 1000 is indeed points n not Coins? Reason I say this is because there's a 1000 coin bag prize on the wheel, n the first time I got it, I thought it was points, but nothing was added to my grand total. I got it again later, that's when I saw it was Coins, not points. If it's really points, u have screenshot to prove right?

jenishahsinej
10-02-18, 02:12 PM
So you have to make six flour before you get one point beings Flour is a ten minute crop.
3 hours is 3 points

Thank you for that. That is definitely not clear when I click on the info section of the leaderboard. It just says collect 1 point from the windmill. Smh. 😩😩

Paul__
10-02-18, 02:21 PM
To be honest, I did not enjoy this event. I liked the prizes a lot though. The problem with leaderboards is you can get in an easy group or a tough group. It's very annoying since I personally cannot play this game 24/7. I was put in a bad group so I decided not to participate after i got all of the milestone prizes. I'd much rather have a county fair, or a prize machines event. Or, maybe they could have the grand prize available in the market right after the event is over so everyone could get a pet.

I have tried many leaderboards in the past, and they have all been very hard. It's very annoying that the leaderboards are now becoming more common. As I said a little while ago, i wouldn't mind if we had one every 6 months or so, but please not every month!

jenishahsinej
10-02-18, 02:51 PM

3 hours is 3 points

I don?t think this actually works. I crafted the truffle chips, which takes 1.5 hours and I did not get any leadership board points. 😢

draughnc
10-02-18, 06:07 PM
Very happy with S8 for taking the limited time offer off before the end of this game. No frenzy of people buying last minute trophies. Also liked that the LTO was only 1800 trophies and the cost was higher to purchase. Made it a tad more fair. Thank you for doing that.

Kinky_Candy
10-02-18, 06:33 PM
Hello all, congratulations to all for the participation!!! So stressful event :( after soooo many days and hours i won my first turtle. I think i will not participate in this kind of event again. I have never enjoyed an easy group :(:(

honeybee5459
10-02-18, 06:44 PM
This is the only way now. Unless Storm8 releases this for sale in future but there's no guarantee. Try to win it if you can. Good luck!

The turtle is really cute. I won one but don?t have a sand castle. Lol. Can?t seem to find one to buy.

Srishtikarta
10-02-18, 06:55 PM
The turtle is really cute. I won one but don?t have a sand castle. Lol. Can?t seem to find one to buy.

Me too.
Oh where oh where is the sand castle???

bubaxx
10-02-18, 06:56 PM
How can I get the sand castle?

natwilljamez
10-02-18, 07:01 PM
I am not finding a home for the blue turtle in the market.

PinkPiggie1230
10-02-18, 07:03 PM
I also won the turtle but there's no sand castle to put him in...same thing as with the mother duck who didn't have a home at first.

krissy13a
10-02-18, 07:11 PM
I also won the turtle but there's no sand castle to put him in...same thing as with the mother duck who didn't have a home at first.
I can't find the sand castle either.

lilhobby4ever
10-02-18, 07:17 PM
I was lucky to be in an easy group. I just played the game as usual and lucky enough to win 2nd place. This is the first time ever that I’ve placed and won. Every other time I’ve been at the bottom of the ladder.

I had a sand castle from another quest. Found it hidden in my cellar. Maybe check your cellar?

gb1315
10-02-18, 07:17 PM
Same here. Won turtle, but can?t find castle.

Blondiegirlhi
10-02-18, 07:29 PM
Same here, no sand castle anywhere...help

lululatte
10-02-18, 07:40 PM
Hello where is the sand castle to put turtle in please?

tuffyjkitten
10-02-18, 07:52 PM
Me too....won a turtle and no sand castle anywhere.

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 07:55 PM

For new members who didn't have it, I'll pass in a request for the team to put it on Market for you. Please wait.

Rynetory2
10-02-18, 08:03 PM
I'm very happy to see that the team has put the Turtle Bath (event boost) as a prize. It's very useful during the event and a cute decoration after.

tuffyjkitten
10-02-18, 08:37 PM
I checked my storage and do not have a sand castle from a previous event. If it was a prize for an animal I never won in that previous event (like my useless duck pond and rooster roost) then we shouldn’t have to buy it now.

RoyalBlue305
10-02-18, 11:27 PM
Great event. Thanks to the Team for putting together an adorable and fun event! Loved the prizes. It was a lot of effort and work to succeed in this event but it was well worth it! Thank you Storm 8!

dugambon
10-03-18, 01:38 AM

For new members who didn't have it, I'll pass in a request for the team to put it on Market for you. Please wait. I dont have sand castle from previous event. My cute turtle is in the cellar. You would think storm8 would know by now we need a habitat to put our prize pet in. Not all have participated in previous events or won when they did!!!

Rynetory2
10-03-18, 02:52 AM

Rynetory2
10-03-18, 05:41 AM

Visit another farm will force save your game. Try other suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1280824&viewfull=1#post1280824) to avoid sync issues.

tuffyjkitten
10-03-18, 12:37 PM

3000 coins?!?! Ummm....my turtle is gonna stay in storage. Thanks anyways.

Rynetory2
10-13-18, 04:34 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.