PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Pumpkin Spice Season - 2018 Sep 20 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
09-20-18, 12:06 PM
Goal 1: Pumpkin Spice Season
Buy 8 Pumpkin Spice Plaids (16g to skip)

- $9,000 each
Buy 12 Pumpkin Spice Tiles (24g to skip)

- $8,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - 1st Appliance**Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: Made With Cinnamon
Build 3 Pumpkin Spice Makers (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $38,000 each

- 12 Fall Leaf + 28 Pumpkin Light
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Muffins (15g to skip)

- 1 Hour
*Rewards: *$2,660, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - 2nd Recipe*

Goal 3: A Dash Of Clove
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes (30g to skip)

- 3 Hours
Buy 2 Pumpkin Spice Sconce (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $24,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - 3rd Recipe*

Goal 4: Grind The Nutmeg
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Waffles (45g to skip)

- 5 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor deco (can't skip)
*Rewards: $2,775, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - 2nd Appliance*

Goal 5: Some Ginger For Spice
Build 3 Pumpkin Spice Stoves (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $41,000 each

- 32 Pumpkin Spice Blend Recipe + 40 Pump-kin
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Bagels (30g to skip)

- 3 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - 2nd Recipe*

Goal 6: Everyone Loves Pumpkin Spice
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)
Have 2 Pumpkin Spice Counters (4g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Basic Pumpkin Spice Girl Floor Deco*

Goal 7:Sometimes A Touch Of Pumpkin
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Cakes (60g to skip)

- 8 Hours
Have 1 Basic Pumpkin Spice Girl (2g to skip)

- $23,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - 3rd Recipe*

Goal 8: Only Available In The Fall
Have 4 Pumpkin Spice Tables (8g to skip)

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Pumpkin Spice Chairs (8g to skip)

- $18,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Spice Sale Floor Deco*

Goal 9: Add It To Your Coffee
Serve 12 Pumpkin Spice Coffees (60g to skip)

- 9 Hours
Have 1 Pumpkin Spice Sale (2x2) (2g to skip)

- $34,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Pumpkin Spice Coffee House*

Final Goal Prize:
Pumpkin Spice Sale, 4x4, 65g Value

SIDE GOAL:

Pumpkin Spice Part One:
Serve 15 Pumpkin Soups (53g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 7 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 1 Pumpkin Pie (11g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 22 Hours *under Dessert tab*
Serve 15 Grilled Corns (15g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 1 Hour *under Lunch tab*
Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Pumpkin Spice Part Two:
Serve 20 Pumpkin Soups (70g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 2 Pumpkin Pie (22g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 20 Grilled Corns (20g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Pumpkin Spice Part Three:
Serve 25 Pumpkin Soups (88g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 3 Pumpkin Pie (33g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 25 Grilled Corns (25g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, 1 Free Autumn Cupcake Stand

Final Side Goal Prize:
Autumn Cupcake Stand, 1x1, 15g Value (Originally released Nov. 08 2012 as 4 Day LTO)

rita6834
09-20-18, 12:15 PM
I made the grilled corn and no pumpkin collectibles dropped. I got an oven mitt!!!

EdiiLouise
09-20-18, 12:21 PM
I love autumn and the chairs are perfect for Halloween

EdiiLouise
09-20-18, 12:29 PM
I made the grilled corn and no pumpkin collectibles dropped. I got an oven mitt!!!

Yeah same here. Totally gutted because it helped lots last time and now they stopped doing it.

G4OU812
09-20-18, 01:03 PM
Yeah, no collectibles here. I was expecting to see them. Bummer.

babyxdoll1
09-20-18, 01:08 PM
xxedlxx it's nice to see you back in the forums again. in other topic, I am loving this goal

dodobakery123
09-20-18, 01:13 PM
I really like all the new deco and recipes, but i'm still hating this new format of goals :/

myroute66
09-20-18, 01:35 PM
Same here

AnnirasSweets
09-20-18, 01:42 PM
While I love, love, love every single item introduced in this goal, I'm terrible upset that they stopped dropping collectibles from Side Goal recipes. I'll be sitting this SG out since I've already got several of the Autumn Pumpkin Stands and there's no point if I'm not getting something for my efforts and time.

I will happily participate in the main goal though and I cannot wait to get that final prize! It's gorgeous and I'm already planning on where to display it.

Mai2008
09-20-18, 02:24 PM
Yeah same here. Totally gutted because it helped lots last time and now they stopped doing it.
Same here, extra collectable from side goals helped to get parts needed especially since neighbour are no longer playing.

Jojocl141587
09-20-18, 02:38 PM
While I love, love, love every single item introduced in this goal, I'm terrible upset that they stopped dropping collectibles from Side Goal recipes. I'll be sitting this SG out since I've already got several of the Autumn Pumpkin Stands and there's no point if I'm not getting something for my efforts and time.

I will happily participate in the main goal though and I cannot wait to get that final prize! It's gorgeous and I'm already planning on where to display it.

I agree. I’m loving everything in this goal. I too am upset the side goal isn’t dropping collectibles but I’ll still be doing both the main and side goal because I don’t have that display yet and I definitely want that final prize!

IsisGarden
09-20-18, 03:53 PM
I must say I'm upset. Autumn is my favorite season. I have not been doing these new format goals because I don't have the time to devote to them. It just chaps my hide that this is an Autumn goal. I gotta decide if I should do this one or skip it like the other ones. Man!

IsisGarden
09-20-18, 03:54 PM
While I love, love, love every single item introduced in this goal, I'm terrible upset that they stopped dropping collectibles from Side Goal recipes. I'll be sitting this SG out since I've Alriady got several of the Autumn Pumpkin Stands and there's no point if I'm not getting something for my efforts and time.

I've asked about the side goals not dropping collectibles.

G4OU812
09-20-18, 04:06 PM
I've asked about the side goals not dropping collectibles.

Thank you because I don't know how I'm going to get through the 2nd appliance without some more collectibles.

yodahead11
09-20-18, 06:20 PM
This is the third goal that we are required to buy 3 stoves but at each point in each goal after buying all three stoves or having them it has not once recognized that I've ever bought one. What is going on? Each time I had to pay the gems to get past this part of the goal is anyone else having trouble with this????

MoesBiestro
09-20-18, 06:32 PM
You have to build the stoves completely after you purchase them to get credit.

G4OU812
09-20-18, 07:52 PM
Thank you for the update. A goal I come back after skipping the bacon goal and I miss the side goal collectibles, lol.

1977ROI
09-20-18, 08:09 PM
I loved this goal....somewhat a fairy tale autumn goal....I liked it very much but the side goal price is not as expected🍁🍂🎃

twospoons
09-20-18, 09:08 PM
A) very glad to hear they plan to bring back collectibles from side goals later, so thank you for finding out IsisGarden!
B) great thread-starting, AnnirasSweets! Hope you're not spending a bunch of gems just to keep us happy!
C) excellent goal (outside of the difficulty)! I really like the leafy plaid walls and the tables, chairs & counters. The basic pumpkin spice girl is good--I always appreciate new freestanding characters. The display and tiles I don't find thrilling, but they're both nice options. Final prize is fabulous!! Very cute.

edwinarca87
09-20-18, 09:48 PM
The Pumpkin Spice Coffee House is great funny there's no one sitting on the table this time drinking coffee l

lynniefish
09-20-18, 11:03 PM
Many thanks to those who contribute so much time and energy to goal updates; your work is very much appreciated. I recently returned to RS after 2-1/2 years away, and, unsurprisingly, had very few active neighbors remaining. While I tried to fill some counters and resurrect old friendships, up popped the bacon goal. My initial shock at the exorbitant parts quantities notwithstanding, I found it was possible to complete due to the side goals dropping collectibles. I thought, wow, Storm8 has solved the problem of having too few (or generally unhelpful) neighbors. This pumpkin spice goal, however, will be an insurmountable challenge for the many players in my predicament to complete. If you have to cook on the goal appliances to build parts, yet you need those parts to build said appliances...welcome to a Catch-22 situation for those with neighbor issues. In closing, I will mention that, having served 8 batches of pumpkin spice muffins so far, I have received enough collectibles to create ONE part. *sigh* I am hopeful to read in preceding posts that collectibles from side goals will return in future events. (Also, I have just sent a number of invites to players in the forum Add Me discussions. Fingers crossed.)

eeveldoll
09-20-18, 11:32 PM
So disappointed that cooking the side goal does not drop the collectibles anymore nuuuuuuu T_T

I have been trying to stay positive because of the collectible parts dropping from cooking the side goal recipes. It makes the new goal format a lot more bearable.. ugh

Anywaaay, I am liking the decor and recipes so far.. The final prizes for the main goal and side goal are really adorable. I do wish that the side goal prize is bigger than 1x1. And again, I hope that the amount of servings have increased, because 10 hours for 550 serves of food is just ridiculous.

Many thanks to AnnirasSweets for posting the completed goal info.. that's really amazing!

AnnirasSweets
09-21-18, 01:08 AM
B) great thread-starting, AnnirasSweets! Hope you're not spending a bunch of gems just to keep us happy!

Thanks! I was a bit nervous at first, but after using the forum as a reference guide for so many years, I felt it was high time I started giving back. I already do this write up on my own PC so sharing it was very little trouble and the next logical step for me. As far as gems go--no worries! I've not spent a single gem on any goal in like.... ever! I'm still on the first recipe, lol.

I've got a friend who emails me all the pics from their game at the start of an event but wishes to remain anonymous; it is a personal choice and one I can respect. This is why I only share the Market pics of the Goal Prize, so I don't inadvertently show their place online. Luckily I've been playing so long that I've got most of the Side Goal Prizes and am able to share pics of those prizes displayed in my own game. I'll just wait until others share the Main Prize display photos online before adding one to my post.

...Many thanks to AnnirasSweets for posting the completed goal info.. that's really amazing!

Aw, I'm just happy to help! This is the first time in RS (second including BS) that I've started the goal thread and I was worried how my format would be received by everyone. Over the years there have been some amaaaaaaazing thread starters that mine is a little basic in comparison. If it helps more players than not, I'll continue with future goals. But I'll likely wait to make sure it's helpful for the majority before I commit long term though, just to be on the safe side.

kat8rose
09-21-18, 01:34 AM
No collectibles for side goal...well, s8 you made something doable and then took it away. Why????? No reason for me to do it, regardless of prize it's not worth the time and effort.

And what are we going to have 4 new parts every 15 days, come on! Maybe 2 new and 2 old ...gotta click 50 times to gift a basic part? You're making things difficult for no good reason.

Thanks to all who post and give us information, much appreciated.

hungryres
09-21-18, 01:59 AM
Same here, extra collectable from side goals helped to get parts needed especially since neighbour are no longer playing.

i second that.
many of my part gifting nrbs had gone in recent years. not good as i always prefer parts over food.
now i have too many nrbs gifting food over parts. :(

hungryres
09-21-18, 02:03 AM
came here to check if it was game design there is no more collectibles dropping from doing the side goal dishes. only to find disappointing answer...

btw, anyone finding it is difficult to collect the collectible - third one from the left?
i have others, but only 1 (for the third collectible part)

Juey_
09-21-18, 02:57 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47538&stc=1&d=1537523761
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47539&stc=1&d=1537523774
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47540&stc=1&d=1537523794

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47541&stc=1&d=1537523882
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47542&stc=1&d=1537523897
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47543&stc=1&d=1537523911

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47544&stc=1&d=1537524006
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47545&stc=1&d=1537524018
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47546&stc=1&d=1537524031

Juey_
09-21-18, 07:20 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47547&stc=1&d=1537539534

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47548&stc=1&d=1537539543
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47549&stc=1&d=1537539553

lynniefish
09-21-18, 07:48 AM
btw, anyone finding it is difficult to collect the collectible - third one from the left?
i have others, but only 1 (for the third collectible part)

Don’t know what it is (a mixer?), but that’s the piece I have the most of...11. Wish I could trade you some of them for cinnamon sticks (I think that’s the first piece)...still have just one of those. :(

Dimonhunter
09-21-18, 08:01 AM
Hello, we need collectibles from the side goals too to help us build! WE NEED IT! Also, new decor that we already don't have for the side goal.Thanks for correcting this ASAP!

DrDJ16
09-21-18, 08:08 AM
What is the average drop rate? I just cooked on 2 ovens with no collectible gained. Prior to this batch, I got one collectible before and after cooking. With the last goal, despite getting collectibles from cooking side goal dishes over and over again, I only got to finish 2 days before the goal ended. With the current drop rate, I do not think I will finish in time.

aaQRFStory3
09-21-18, 09:05 AM
HELPFUL : To get more Neighbors / Friends : sign off Comments with Storm8 ID when Visiting Friends / Neighbors and Community. The more Friends the merrier. The more Friends the more parts, the more Goals that are possible. Leave Storm8 ID, and let Visitors decide.

sgoetzinger99
09-21-18, 10:43 AM
HELPFUL : To get more Neighbors / Friends : sign off Comments with Storm8 ID when Visiting Friends / Neighbors and Community. The more Friends the merrier. The more Friends the more parts, the more Goals that are possible. Leave Storm8 ID, and let Visitors decide.

You can only receive 20
gifts per day, and have 20 requests filled. So it serves no purpose to have hundreds of neighbors.

G4OU812
09-21-18, 12:35 PM
Yeah, man. I'm almost starting regret doing this goal. Sometimes I don't get collectibles from one of the appliances. Out of 8 dishes served, I've only received 2 of the left-most collectible. What's up with that?

Double the number of drops like the Root Beer goal and/or start with collectibles on the side goal. Why change it for this goal?

ETA: Side note.

Whomever added me recently, please send me a private message.

CassieJo84
09-21-18, 01:10 PM
I have served 15 muffins and only got enough collectibles for ONE part.
Absolutely hate this goal format.
PLEASE stop. Or significantly lower the # of parts needed. Please.

:(

stereo38
09-21-18, 01:19 PM
I have finished the required amount of recipes on the first oven. However, because I do not yet have the required third oven built, I cannot start cooking the second recipe! This is nuts! We are supposed to recook recipes in order to get items for parts, but that can’t be done if only one recipe is unlocked! That means that we need to get all those parts from neighbors. The goal will be nearly finished by the time all those parts can be received! I am open to suggestions about this. Or S8, at least let us start on the next recipe, so we can get those parts on our own! Really brilliant!

Natasha_07
09-21-18, 01:27 PM
Nice prizes but no collectibles from side goals, on top of that this goal came with a timer of 14 days. That's so not good to get started.

S8 is been a joy ****er lately, sorry but true. :(

G4OU812
09-21-18, 01:30 PM
Yes, it is harder to get it done unless you cook a recipe again or put the appliance in storage, take it out, and start the recipe again. Repeating those steps and hope you get the right collectibles you need.

It's down right crazy. I don't feel like burning coins at the moment even though I'm on the 2nd recipe.

Jojocl141587
09-21-18, 02:19 PM
Hello, we need collectibles from the side goals too to help us build! WE NEED IT! Also, new decor that we already don't have for the side goal.Thanks for correcting this ASAP!

Not everyone already has the side goal prize. I know I don't, so I would very much like for it NOT to be changed.

minxys_
09-21-18, 02:28 PM
they basically want players to spend gems with this new goal format.. many of my neighbors are from bakery story as well are skipping this goal quite sad because they are longtime players too. storm8 really needs to listen to these complaints or they will be loosing players before they know it

stereo38
09-21-18, 02:47 PM
Yes, it is harder to get it done unless you cook a recipe again or put the appliance in storage, take it out, and start the recipe again. Repeating those steps and hope you get the right collectibles you need.

It's down right crazy. I don't feel like burning coins at the moment even though I'm on the 2nd recipe.
Thanks for the info about the ovens. I really think there should be a better way to get the parts, but I ended up storing (and then taking out) the two ovens that I already had. I did it enough times to finally get that third oven finished. What a ridiculous way to do this. Thanks again for the advice🎃

G4OU812
09-21-18, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info about the ovens. I really think there should be a better way to get the parts, but I ended up storing (and then taking out) the two ovens that I already had. I did it enough times to finally get that third oven finished. What a ridiculous way to do this. Thanks again for the advice��

Glad it helped you though we had to go through this.

orleansparish
09-21-18, 05:12 PM
While these new goals are beyond annoying and tedious, I’ve not come across any problems completing them.

I just don’t worry about building more than three appliances at a time. I think I had four for the stupid bacon one. I finished with 10 hours to spare. And that’s only because of the last dish taking ten hours. I’ve not used gems to finish ANY goal. Now or before.

Because my place is decorated for autumn I’m loving the goals. The dishes are very beautiful and not artificial looking as only RS knows how to do. They look like something from bakery! So cudos to them for that. I wanted to quit a few days ago when I lost 49 gems. This has made me want to stick around and earn them back again.

I never bought the side goal cupcake tower, so I’m happy to get the chance for it. I just wish we could buy more.

yodahead11
09-21-18, 05:23 PM
This game has just about depleted my enjoyment right out of me. You get maybe two collectibles if your lucky and thats cooking on my three stoves at a time which by the way I had to pay gems just to complete, at this rate I?ll never be able to get enough for the second stove no more gems!!!! Then you have the 20 friend gifts a day if your lucky. HA!! As it is the side prize sucks but would have done it for the collectibles and they took that away. The only thing that I want is the final prize the other two are not worth it but .....can my patience with S8 last thru Halloween my favorite time of the year. Are they going to just screw us again with this horrible format we cannot win!!!!

sandylbaum
09-21-18, 05:27 PM
Thanks AnnirasSweets for all the goal information! So helpful!

AnnirasSweets
09-21-18, 06:10 PM
While these new goals are beyond annoying and tedious, I?ve not come across any problems completing them.

I just don?t worry about building more than three appliances at a time. I think I had four for the stupid bacon one. I finished with 10 hours to spare. And that?s only because of the last dish taking ten hours. I?ve not used gems to finish ANY goal. Now or before.

Because my place is decorated for autumn I?m loving the goals. The dishes are very beautiful and not artificial looking as only RS knows how to do. They look like something from bakery! So cudos to them for that. I wanted to quit a few days ago when I lost 49 gems. This has made me want to stick around and earn them back again.

I never bought the side goal cupcake tower, so I?m happy to get the chance for it. I just wish we could buy more.

Ouch! I don't think there's anything so painful in the game as when you fall into a gem trap.

I agree with your strategy for the new goal format, and I'm sure in another few months it will just be the new normal like all the past changes have been. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I really don't think they're going to go back to the old set up. If we want to continue on in the game, we've got to adapt and adjust just like we did in the past with all the other goal changes over the years. They've never reneged on any other changes no matter how unpopular, so why would this be any different?

I think perhaps the new change didn't upset my playing as much as some others because I've never built more than 3 of each oven for goals so the new requirements folded nicely into my SOP. The only major difference is that it now takes me a few days longer to finish due to the slow rate of building ovens. I do see how it could be frustrating for some players who are used to building many appliances very quickly and it may take them longer to find a balance in this new system but I'm sure they will all the same.

Juey_
09-22-18, 12:45 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47559&stc=1&d=1537601927

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47560&stc=1&d=1537601938
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47561&stc=1&d=1537601956
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47546&d=1537524031

Juey_
09-22-18, 12:49 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47562&stc=1&d=1537602344

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47564&stc=1&d=1537602379
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47565&stc=1&d=1537602416
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47546&d=1537524031

kat8rose
09-22-18, 04:22 AM
I figured at least we would get parts at the end of the 1st & 2nd parts of the side goal, like the root beer goal....NO! just read it closer, now ...ugh! This is beyond ridiculous s8, are you trying to chase us away?

G4OU812
09-22-18, 07:23 AM
I wish there were more collectibles dropping.

https://i.imgur.com/brymZ31.gif

keithasimon
09-22-18, 08:33 AM
Ditto!! So frustrating!

EdiiLouise
09-23-18, 05:33 AM
Anyone else finding it hard for the cinnamon stick to drop? I have loads for the others. Please bring back the old goal layout storm8

Jojocl141587
09-23-18, 07:21 AM
Anyone else finding it hard for the cinnamon stick to drop? I have loads for the others. Please bring back the old goal layout storm8

I think it just depends, I'm getting mostly cinnamon sticks dropping.

Juey_
09-23-18, 10:37 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47571&stc=1&d=1537724116

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47572&stc=1&d=1537724148

AnnirasSweets
09-23-18, 10:52 AM
@Juey, did the Side Goal award just the 1 Autumn Cupcake Stand?

twospoons
09-23-18, 12:31 PM
I will say this for the new format: if it's going to take me forever to build the required 1st ovens, at least the side goals give me something to do! I can't believe I'm finishing those while I'm only on the 2nd recipe.

7700AnchorInn
09-23-18, 05:29 PM
This is the third goal that we are required to buy 3 stoves but at each point in each goal after buying all three stoves or having them it has not once recognized that I've ever bought one. What is going on? Each time I had to pay the gems to get past this part of the goal is anyone else having trouble with this????

If they require buying three appliances, then they should allow parts to drop in the side goal cooking.

7700AnchorInn
09-23-18, 05:38 PM
This game has just about depleted my enjoyment right out of me. You get maybe two collectibles if your lucky and thats cooking on my three stoves at a time which by the way I had to pay gems just to complete, at this rate I?ll never be able to get enough for the second stove no more gems!!!! Then you have the 20 friend gifts a day if your lucky. HA!! As it is the side prize sucks but would have done it for the collectibles and they took that away. The only thing that I want is the final prize the other two are not worth it but .....can my patience with S8 last thru Halloween my favorite time of the year. Are they going to just screw us again with this horrible format we cannot win!!!!

I agree! This game is about as horrible as watching politicians! Guess I'll have to find a new game for fun!

IsisGarden
09-23-18, 06:06 PM
I couldn't resist. I'm dying to do this goal because Autumn is my favorite season. But, this is hard.

Juey_
09-24-18, 08:29 AM
@Juey, did the Side Goal award just the 1 Autumn Cupcake Stand?

Yeap, u just get one Autumn Cupcake Stand as completing the Side Goal.

AnnirasSweets
09-24-18, 09:38 AM
Yeap, u just get one Autumn Cupcake Stand as completing the Side Goal.

Thanks for your confirmation!

MamaViele
09-24-18, 11:36 AM
Storm 8, are you LISTENING??? Goals are impossible for folks who do not spend ALL DAY playing games. Not worth the effort.

Juey_
09-25-18, 08:17 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47596&stc=1&d=1537893303

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47597&stc=1&d=1537893314
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47598&stc=1&d=1537893329
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47585&stc=1&d=1537888269

Juey_
09-25-18, 08:19 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47599&stc=1&d=1537893637
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47600&stc=1&d=1537893650
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47601&stc=1&d=1537893671
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47602&stc=1&d=1537893710

Juey_
09-25-18, 08:21 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47603&stc=1&d=1537893924
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47604&stc=1&d=1537893939
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47605&stc=1&d=1537893959

Juey_
09-25-18, 09:49 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47606&stc=1&d=1537894123
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47607&stc=1&d=1537894135

7700AnchorInn
09-25-18, 02:26 PM

I agree. Or change the drop rate. I've WASTED 5 days ...building 3 appliances. I don't want to WORK at, placing it in storage- get it back 100 times, for one cinnamon stick to drop. I'm on the first recipe. I'd rather visit neighbors and write replys on their wall. I only have 10 days left. Ridiculous!

luv4quiltz
09-26-18, 02:33 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else hating this new goal format? I wouldn't mind if they did this every now and then, but it appears this format is how all goals are working now and the future. It wasn't so bad when we could at least collect goal parts from the side goal recipes, but now it takes forever to cellect the number of parts needed. Either add parts back to side goals or reduce the total parts required to build. Another reason I hate this format is there is NO reason to gift neighbors parts anymore between goals since every goal now requires all new parts.

If this is the future of this game, I'm thinking it's time to hang my hat! I just don't have the time it takes to start recipes, cancel, and start again just to collect parts. This has taken the fun out of what used to be an enjoyable game!

sgoetzinger99
09-26-18, 05:39 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else hating this new goal format? I wouldn't mind if they did this every now and then, but it appears this format is how all goals are working now and the future. It wasn't so bad when we could at least collect goal parts from the side goal recipes, but now it takes forever to cellect the number of parts needed. Either add parts back to side goals or reduce the total parts required to build. Another reason I hate this format is there is NO reason to gift neighbors parts anymore between goals since every goal now requires all new parts.

If this is the future of this game, I'm thinking it's time to hang my hat! I just don't have the time it takes to start recipes, cancel, and start again just to collect parts. This has taken the fun out of what used to be an enjoyable game!

You bring up an excellent point. During the (very) short time between goals, there is no incentive to gift neighbors at all. Part of the social aspect of the game has always been remembering what neighbors need...food for some, basic parts for others. It was also fun to try to guess which old parts the next goal would require, and gift those parts. That's gone now, and -as far as I can see - there's no use for the thousands of parts some of us have in storage.
It seems to be becoming an "every man for himself" game. Gift new goal parts, fill requests, and try like hell to get enough parts for yourself. Many people don't even bother posting anymore, which, again, ruins the social aspect.
I find it to be very sad.

yodahead11
09-26-18, 06:42 PM
Yes this format is the pits!!!!

G4OU812
09-26-18, 08:02 PM
Yeah, the only drawback from my perspective is that it seems to be causing some players to quit which I kind of worry a little bit because I like basic parts for gifts because I want to build more easy appliances plus get more appliances (more drink machines, hamburger grills, etc. plus others I don't have). So, I better get cracking on getting those before more people quit.

I'm in the minority when it comes to getting parts in the current format only because a neighbor might send a part I don't need but I'm not happy that they dropped getting collectible from side goals. Though, I never experienced getting them that way because I skipped the previous goal when they introduced getting collectibles that way. I did participate in the Root Beer goal and enjoyed the double drop rate. Wished they had adjusted this goal to a double drop rate.

AnnirasSweets
09-26-18, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't give up on gifting parts just yet -- they've not changed the 5 day format and at this point, it seems unlikely they will. Seeing as how they're based in using re-listed ovens, I'd say collecting and gifting old parts is still a relevant practice and will be for some time.

Juey_
09-27-18, 01:38 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47628&stc=1&d=1538037394

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47629&stc=1&d=1538037403
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47630&stc=1&d=1538037413
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47631&stc=1&d=1538037424

Juey_
09-27-18, 01:40 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47632&stc=1&d=1538037542
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47633&stc=1&d=1538037556

G4OU812
09-27-18, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure if this is actually happening as an adjustment in the goal but I did receive more collectibles than usual on 2 Spice Makers than I had on 4 Stoves.

It was one time that it happened so, I'm waiting an hour to see if it occurs again.

ETA: Didn't get anything when the Spice Muffins were done but got 4 collectibles when starting the Spice Muffins again.

adreamdeferred
09-28-18, 07:26 AM
I completed with a week to spare! Whew. Busted my hump cooking/dumping to get collectibles, and also requesting from some 24 neighbors (quality over quantity). I love seasonal goals.
I did use some gems, but I don't think it was necessary to complete. I was just impatient ;-)
With the collectibles, I noticed that some came out more than others depending on the day? Idk if it is truly random.
Now as for the 5 day goals, I can't even come close to getting those completed... They usually fall over a weekend which isn't a great time for me to play

adreamdeferred
09-28-18, 07:41 AM
You bring up an excellent point. During the (very) short time between goals, there is no incentive to gift neighbors at all. Part of the social aspect of the game has always been remembering what neighbors need...food for some, basic parts for others. It was also fun to try to guess which old parts the next goal would require, and gift those parts. That's gone now, and -as far as I can see - there's no use for the thousands of parts some of us have in storage.
It seems to be becoming an "every man for himself" game. Gift new goal parts, fill requests, and try like hell to get enough parts for yourself. Many people don't even bother posting anymore, which, again, ruins the social aspect.

I have to agree with you. It has become quite the chore :-/ All-new parts that are difficult to get.

Juey_
09-28-18, 10:58 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47648&stc=1&d=1538157291

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47649&stc=1&d=1538157429

giadyl
09-28-18, 12:06 PM
I wonder if I am going to finish. I make the food but it doesn’t count it. It happened with the last goal also.

AnnirasSweets
09-28-18, 03:37 PM
I wonder if I am going to finish. I make the food but it doesn’t count it. It happened with the last goal also.

Could you give more specifics? Any extra info. would help point us in the right direction as to what the problem might be. Specifically, what goal are you on and what recipes are not counting? Is it all goals and recipes or only certain ones?

MissTwilight99
09-29-18, 08:40 AM

Couldn't agree more! You both stole the words from my mouth. Please pass this on to storm8. Like Luv said it was ok when we had collectibles in side goals...why was that stopped? I am still going to do these goals for now, just hoping it gets easier.

I completed with a week to spare! Whew. Busted my hump cooking/dumping to get collectibles, and also requesting from some 24 neighbors (quality over quantity). I love seasonal goals.
I did use some gems, but I don't think it was necessary to complete. I was just impatient ;-)
With the collectibles, I noticed that some came out more than others depending on the day? Idk if it is truly random.
Now as for the 5 day goals, I can't even come close to getting those completed... They usually fall over a weekend which isn't a great time for me to play

Looks really cute!! :)

Apart from the new format I like this goal, the pumpkin spice theme is really cute.

Mai2008
09-29-18, 07:56 PM
Still busy cooking, hope I can finish this goal in time.

p.s. Did anyone else notice the glazed turkey in the basic oven?
(Think it might be a new recipe as I thought I had mastered all the recipe already)

MissTwilight99
09-29-18, 08:04 PM
Still busy cooking, hope I can finish this goal in time.

p.s. Did anyone else notice the glazed turkey in the basic oven?
(Think it might be a new recipe as I thought I had mastered all the recipe already)

I don't think its a new one ... I have been spending the past few weeks trying to master it but I think its been there for a while.

keithasimon
09-30-18, 03:39 AM
Couldn't agree more! You both stole the words from my mouth. Please pass this on to storm8. Like Luv said it was ok when we had collectibles in side goals...why was that stopped? I am still going to do these goals for now, just hoping it gets easier.

Apart from the new format I like this goal, the pumpkin spice theme is really cute.

As I stated earlier, I have very few neighbors that play anymore never mind send gifts so yes the side goals shd give parts. The last event was the first.....n I mean FIRST....event that I ever completed for my years of playing RS. I agree that maybe S8 shd incorporate the number of parts that players have in storage rather than adding totally new parts for each event.
But it's all in the name of FUN & GAME ENJOYMENT! YAY!

twospoons
09-30-18, 11:38 AM
Finally on the pumpkin spice cake step. The ridiculously low quantities are even more painful when the food is really cute! I want to keep the cake on my counter for way longer than the 5 minutes it takes the bots to gobble it all down! :blue:

adreamdeferred
10-01-18, 04:27 AM

Thanks!

adreamdeferred
10-01-18, 04:30 AM
Finally on the pumpkin spice cake step. The ridiculously low quantities are even more painful when the food is really cute! I want to keep the cake on my counter for way longer than the 5 minutes it takes the bots to gobble it all down! :blue:

I couldn't believe it when I realized that 8 or 9 HOURS of cooking for the Pumpkin Spice cake or coffee only gives you 375! Ridiculous :(

I also have my old drink maker up.. 2 of them. Makes 725 Pumpkin Spice in half the time -_-

MissTwilight99
10-01-18, 05:13 AM
I am still on the Pumpkin Spice cake. Ugh, I really don't know if I'll finish. I only built 3 ovens. Might have to build one more last minute. But by the time I finish building that the goal will be over!

IsisGarden
10-02-18, 04:09 AM
Dagwood Barnicles... I ain't sure I'm gonna finish. I'll finish with the spice cakes today. Still have the pumpkin spice drink to go. Man... If I don't finish this goal... Ima be peruturbed to the highest degree.

7700AnchorInn
10-04-18, 05:40 AM
I am still on the Pumpkin Spice cake. Ugh, I really don't know if I'll finish. I only built 3 ovens. Might have to build one more last minute. But by the time I finish building that the goal will be over!

I painstakingly built four and couldn't stay up until midnight to cook. So.... I WILL NOT ...be able to get 8 of the last recipe finished, to receive goal prize of coffee pumpkin. Ugh!!!!!!! So frustrating. I work and its difficult to cook 24/7. So disappointed.

KadeeDid
10-04-18, 11:33 AM
I painstakingly built four and couldn't stay up until midnight to cook. So.... I WILL NOT ...be able to get 8 of the last recipe finished, to receive goal prize of coffee pumpkin. Ugh!!!!!!! So frustrating. I work and its difficult to cook 24/7. So disappointed.

I managed to finish the pumpkin spice cake just now and opened up the pumpkin spice coffee. I will not complete any coffee by goal end so will not get the goal prize. Way too difficult to get parts to build 3 stoves or ovens. Often had completed the previous recipe but had to wait to build the 3rd stove or oven! Previously, I managed to complete the goals and did complete BS even though there was not goal rewards with side goal. Not at all happy this time and had to push myself to even get the last recipe.

pixiegamer
10-04-18, 02:42 PM
I was able to finish this goal (after a long period of getting to the final step, but coming up short on time to make it to the final prize), but I had to babysit my game a LOT more than usual - and it doesn't feel like a victory very much, considering the speed at which goals are churned out :(

On the bright side (taking small victories when I can) - THERE WERE NO SHEET PANS ON COUNTERS IN THIS GOAL!! Very happy with how all the food was presented, and I hope that continues :)

7700AnchorInn
10-04-18, 04:00 PM
I was able to finish this goal (after a long period of getting to the final step, but coming up short on time to make it to the final prize), but I had to babysit my game a LOT more than usual - and it doesn't feel like a victory very much, considering the speed at which goals are churned out :(

On the bright side (taking small victories when I can) - THERE WERE NO SHEET PANS ON COUNTERS IN THIS GOAL!! Very happy with how all the food was presented, and I hope that continues :)

I'm happy for you. I had to wait five days to get the first three appliances built. Then the recipe was minimum hours, that did not permit me to cook while I worked. I would have liked to gained the prize. Unfortunately, I was 9 hours from accomplishing goal. Maybe if I get fired from my job I would have more time to play this game. Lol!

abusybee
10-04-18, 05:27 PM
I wasn't able to finish the goal but what I'm really disappointed in was that on previous goals (when I didn't finish) I was given the opportunity to buy the final prize for gems.

I didn't get that option this time ... the one time I'd actually spend my gems to have the final prize.