PDA

View Full Version : iOS 12 Update Issues

gary0474
09-19-18, 08:20 AM
Yesterday I updated my iphone and since then I have not been able to open my Home Design Story app. It just crashes. I have two other houses under different storm ID's on two different ipads, they work fine, but they were not updated. So I wonder if this could be the problem. Is anyone else having this problem??

Update:

Elsa;1544336']The issue is using iOS 9. I'll share this with the development team, but I'm not sure if a 3+ year old OS is still supported. If possible, please update to iOS 10 or higher. If your device isn't able to do that, I'll share that with our team as well.

Adrienne1195
09-19-18, 09:27 AM
I am having the same problem on my iPhone and iPad since I updated to to iOS12. The splash screen appears, then disappears, and the game never starts. When I look at my running apps, it is there, but the game will not actually run.

gary0474
09-19-18, 12:00 PM
I contacted support. Here?s what they said
Home Design Story | Thanks for contacting us.

We have limited support services for Home Design Story and will not be able to respond to individual requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So I guess they aren?t working on it

siberiahpf
09-19-18, 12:34 PM
Same , I updated my ipad yesterday and it wont move the message screen. The X in the corner will not close it out. I have restarted and even deleted and reinstalled game and it has not helped. My animals are moving in the background and I can go to other players farms via "visit" but none of the icons ie friend farmer, home etc work when touched.

kooky panda
09-19-18, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, this is known and the development team is currently investigating the issue.
When more information is available an update will be posted.

myroute66
09-19-18, 03:38 PM
How long will the investigation be?

[S8] Elsa
09-19-18, 03:49 PM
How long will the investigation be?

It shouldn't take very long. It could be as short as a few hours, up to a few days. You can enable automatic updates to be automatically updated or check back a couple times a day to see if there's an app update in your App Store. :)

myroute66
09-19-18, 04:40 PM
Thank you Elsa

Adrienne1195
09-20-18, 06:57 AM
Thanks Kooky Panda and Elsa ❤️

gary0474
09-24-18, 12:08 PM
any update on when this issue will be fixed?

Adrienne1195
09-25-18, 03:40 PM
There is a new update available at the App Store now. It seems to have fixed my problem. Good luck.

SirDaubsalot
09-25-18, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone. We have released a new version of Home Design Story that fixes this issue (version 1.1.0).

singergirla
09-25-18, 07:52 PM
I'm having the exact same problem..I did an update on Home Design and now it won't open.

cpebbles73
09-26-18, 12:40 AM
Mine isn’t opening either. Plz help

Rynetory2
09-26-18, 01:00 AM
I've reported this over. Please hold for them to check. Thanks.

singergirla
09-28-18, 07:37 PM
Can anyone tell me if there will be another update for Home Design? The last update made my H.D. Crash and won't open! Please help! :(

Rynetory2
09-28-18, 11:28 PM
Please wait for the team to fix this. Thank you for your patience. :)

22feetover
09-29-18, 04:06 AM
I am having the same issue. Home Design Story won't load. I play on a 3rd generation iPad. I don't want to lose everything I've worked hours on. I am more hopeful that they will fix it after seeing others are having this issue. Please add to thread if you're having this problem. Maybe someone will feel sorry for us.

22feetover
09-29-18, 04:16 AM
I don't see update at App Store. When I clicked on old game it brought me to the loading screen and would not open. Does this mean I've already updated and that is my problem?

gary0474
09-30-18, 11:31 AM
any idea when the game will be updated? it has been over a week now. thank you.

jokersgal
10-01-18, 01:11 PM
After September 2018 update, my home design won't open. Hope a fix is on the way soon. I've only seen 1 thread regarding this issue from yesterday. Hope admin is working on this.

haley2707
10-03-18, 06:44 AM
I have a problem with Home Design Story.......
Done an update on Moday 1st October and since then my game won't open!!!!!! Have contacted Storm8 and they been VERY unhelpful. Is this just me me! All my other games are fine 😡😡😡

singergirla
10-03-18, 12:11 PM
Having the same problem with Home Design! The last reply was that they haven't heard any news yet! Just wondering if it's being looked into? A reply would be much appreciated..it's already been over a week! Please help! ☹️��

jokersgal
10-03-18, 04:49 PM
Hi! I'm not able to open Home Design either since the update. I did manage to launch a ticket because any other Storm8 game opens on my iPad. The response from Storm8 hasn't been overly helpful. Fingers crossed that we get some news on this. I've had the Home Design game on my iPad forever. I'd really hate to lose touch with some great daily players. If anyone from my neighbor list sees this post, I'm waldworldtour. I'm not ignoring you or the game.

kooky panda
10-04-18, 10:33 AM
I have a problem with Home Design Story.......
Done an update on Moday 1st October and since then my game won't open!!!!!! Have contacted Storm8 and they been VERY unhelpful. Is this just me me! All my other games are fine 

Merging your thread with the current thread.

kooky panda
10-04-18, 10:36 AM
I did install the update and am not having issues. Please try deleting and reinstalling the game to see if this helps.
After you reinstall, please restart your device.

If you are still having issues, please let me know the specific device you play on.

jokersgal
10-04-18, 12:40 PM
I have uninstalled, reinstalled & made sure iPad 2nd gen was up to date. It doesn't work. Nothing I try works.��

singergirla
10-04-18, 05:39 PM
I've also uninstalled and then reinstalled..it's still not opening! It's going on 2 weeks now..how long does it take to fix the
problem? Getting frustrated..please help! :(

singergirla
10-04-18, 10:59 PM
My device is iPad 4th generation..hope it helps! ��

Freyabrother
10-05-18, 02:49 PM
I've also got the same problem. September 25th HDS update running fine on my wife's iPad Mini 4 running iOS 11.4.1, but on my beloved iPad Mini 2 where the max iOS is 9.3.5, HDS will no longer start up. So sad :blue: Tried all suggestions in this thread.

jokersgal
10-07-18, 01:11 PM
Anyone had any luck getting back into their home design yet? I haven't. �� As for help through Storm8, they haven't been able to help me as of today's date.

User Name
10-08-18, 01:42 PM
Still not able to get in my Home Design! Missing the game and my nbrs! Hope they didn't forget about us? :(

[S8] Elsa
10-08-18, 02:04 PM
Are you able to update your OS?

jokersgal
10-08-18, 04:29 PM
Hi. Yes my device is up to date.

[S8] Elsa
10-08-18, 04:34 PM
Hi. Yes my device is up to date.

The issue is using iOS 9. I'll share this with the development team, but I'm not sure if a 3+ year old OS is still supported. If possible, please update to iOS 10 or higher. If your device isn't able to do that, I'll share that with our team as well.

singergirla
10-08-18, 10:05 PM
My iOS is updated to 10.3.3 please help it's already been over 2 weeks..this is singergirla, thank you!

jokersgal
10-09-18, 11:54 AM
I have a sad feeling my Home Design game will be a loss. My trusty but older iPad is currently updated to iOS9. Unfortunately, this game isn't offered on Android or I would've transferred to my phone. :(

If any of my neighbors see this, I am waldworldtour (ID Tmom21). Miss you all. Catch me on Bakery Story under the same name. I have this game on my android phone. ;)

22feetover
10-11-18, 02:25 AM
Have you at least figured out if this issue is impacting a small or large percentage of Home Design Story game players?

teamoakenshield
10-12-18, 10:00 AM
I updated the game and it will not open. I restarted my device and it did not help. I have been playing this game for years and this sucks that I cannot even tell my neighbors goodbye. My device is updated so that is not the issue. My Home is Lynda's home so if my neighbors see this, I'm trying to return.

jokersgal
10-12-18, 03:34 PM
Any updates as far as if there will be a fix or not?

[S8] Elsa
10-12-18, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry, I currently don't have an update. If you have another device you'd prefer to use if you're using a device that cannot update its operating system, support can help you transfer. :)

singergirla
10-12-18, 10:42 PM
I don't want my Home Design on another device!! I want my app fixed!! It's not my fault my app don't work, my Home Design was fine up until I did September's update! I need my Home Design fixed now! I've invested too much time and money just to lose it!!! Please help!! :(

22feetover
10-14-18, 03:51 AM
Please be more specific about why some of us are having this problem that started at the same time? My question above was about what percentage of users are having this issue? My system is old, but others say their system updated. I have not added Design Story Make-Over because of this problem and the lack of answers is not making me trust Storm 8. I don't want to buy a new device if all my other apps are working fine. I have tried adding new apps from other companies and they are working on my device. Can you put us back to the system before September, 2018 where we could operate? I long ago passed level 100 and have a lot of time invested! I thought my "storage" would be there forever. I seriously miss playing this game. I know you have more information you can give us about this problem. Knowing what happened will let us make better decisions about our next step. It will also help us feel like you care that we have been stopped cold on one of your games.

teamoakenshield
10-14-18, 09:06 PM
I'm having the same issue after updating the game.

teamoakenshield
10-14-18, 09:10 PM
I updated the game and now I can't open it. I deleted and reinstalled and it did not change. My iPad is updated to 10.3.? I tried restarting my iPad and that didn't help either.

kooky panda
10-16-18, 10:26 AM
I updated the game and now I can't open it. I deleted and reinstalled and it did not change. My iPad is updated to 10.3.? I tried restarting my iPad and that didn't help either.
I will pass over that you are above 10 and still having issues.

[S8] Elsa
10-16-18, 10:30 AM

When you open the game, is your home button on the left or the right? Can you open the game with the home button on the left?

singergirla
10-16-18, 05:45 PM
My home button is on the right!

22feetover
10-17-18, 02:27 AM
Since I got no response to my questions above I went to the App Store to see if others were adding bad reviews there. Yes, there were many!! One caught my attention. They said they updated their phone's operating system to 12 and their game is having the same issue. As asked above, please let us know what is causing the problem and now, how can we fix it? Obviously updating our system is not the only issue.

[S8] Elsa
10-17-18, 10:01 AM
My home button is on the right!

Please open the game with the home button turned to the left. Let me know if you still crash after doing this.

singergirla
10-17-18, 10:36 AM
I put my Home button to the left and it's still crashing.

[S8] Elsa
10-17-18, 11:37 AM
I put my Home button to the left and it's still crashing.

Thank you for confirming that it's not this issue (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106082-Game-not-working-on-iOS-12&p=1541168&viewfull=1#post1541168). Unfortunately, since it's not a familiar issue we can't speculate on when this will be identified and fixed. We have not been able to reproduce this on similar devices and OSs above iOS9.

singergirla
10-17-18, 10:37 PM
I believe this issue is due to September's last update..tell them to look into that update and figure out what the support team did in that update that made our Home Design app not want to open up? Something went wrong in that update and now several of us players can't open up our Home Design! Can you tell me what was September's update for? What were the issues on why this update was for?

22feetover
10-18-18, 02:06 AM
Mine crashes with home button on left . . . and right. Please answer my questions above.

singergirla
10-24-18, 09:54 AM
I transferred my Home Design onto another device..it's working fine now! Although I believe it could have been fixed through our support system, they just didn't look further into the issue and left us hanging! If anyone is still having problems with they're Home Design the best thing to do is transfer to another device it is so worth it! Good luck to you! :)

singergirla
10-24-18, 09:58 AM
Make sure your device is up to date then transfer!

jokersgal
10-24-18, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately I don't have another device to transfer. If anyone comes across my home design, please comment on my wall for me. I miss my neighbours & the game. Maybe down the road I will be able to buy a newer device to transfer to. I'm sad this game isn't offered on Google Play for androids.�� My home design name is waldworldtour. I can be found on Bakery Story & Fashion Design Story under the same name.

kooky panda
11-10-18, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, just checking in. The team is still investigating the issue.

jokersgal
01-24-19, 12:26 PM
Hi. Are others like myself still having no luck with home design? Last feedback is from November, 2018.

quincylolaloes
02-07-19, 08:07 AM
After the update last September,I couldn?t login to home design story with 2 devices with ios 9.3.5 (ipad 2 and ipod 5 touch) BUT after home designs bug fixes/performance improvements on 1 February i can login again on both 9.3.5 devices😃🎉🎉 i can play home design story again

jokersgal
02-25-19, 01:30 PM
Hi! After 6mth & whatever the latest bug fix update, I redownloaded Home Design & can play again. I know a lot of players are still unable to play though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can stay active on this game with my trusty old iPad 2nd gen. ��

shyari
04-05-19, 09:26 PM
I have iPhone 8plus and on all storm 8 games, the goals for downloading and playing other games liked home design, never ever update. It's annoying, on top of the two different fonts superimposed with each other like OH DARN is in a fancy font over a regular type font

jokersgal
11-11-19, 05:21 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. I updated my game hoping to fix the bugs & now it won't open again!! Anyone else having this issue after the November, 2019 update?

[S8] Elsa
11-11-19, 05:43 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. I updated my game hoping to fix the bugs & now it won't open again!! Anyone else having this issue after the November, 2019 update?

We updated a few games for iOS 13 support and it seems to have caused some games to require iOS 11 or higher to play.

I'm still reaching out to find out if this can be changed. However, if you have a device that can support iOS 11+, please update or if you need help transferring the game to that device you can self-transfer or contact support.

FollyBeach2014
11-11-19, 06:41 PM
any update on when this issue will be fixed?

I?m having a similar problem..after my iPad update last week, my playing screen is stuck in the portrait position. When I visit a neighbor and come back to my home screen it will rotate, but only after I visit a neighbor. All my other Storm8 games are working perfectly. It?s got to be the game. I?ve been in contact with the forum for a week now. I?m sure you can find those strings.
I hope this gets fixed soon.
Also, completely unrelated..when I use an apostrophe in a word it turns to a question mark when I send it. I usually go in and edit, but this time I?m going to leave it there.
TY
Margaritaville

I also included a screenshot..

goodgolly57
11-12-19, 04:04 AM
Elsa;1602340']We updated a few games for iOS 13 support and it seems to have caused some games to require iOS 11 or higher to play.

I'm still reaching out to find out if this can be changed. However, if you have a device that can support iOS 11+, please update or if you need help transferring the game to that device you can self-transfer or contact support.

After the Nov 2019 update I can no longer open Home Design Story. Please use the same fix you did the last time users without iOS11. That fix helped us to play again. Thanks.

haley2707
11-12-19, 04:42 AM
An update has been done and cannot access HOME DESIGN STORY. This happened about this time last year and it took 6 months for me to get back into the game. Am hoping it won't take you that long this time. Thanks.

manusing
11-18-19, 09:41 AM
Same for me!! An update had been done today and I have no longer access to the home design game!
Sorry it is for home design makeover...