PDA

View Full Version : Solved Game not working on iOS 12

Paul__
09-14-18, 03:20 PM
Update:

Please install Farm Story 2 version 2.7.0 with iOS 12 compatibility. :)

Hello everyone!

We think we've found the cause of the issue and working on an update so please be patient until we can get that out. For now, simply rotate your device so that the device home button is on the left side and the window should be able to be closed.

Thank you!

Please check your App Store for version 2.7.1.

Is it best that I do not update my iPad until there is an update from the Farm 2 team?

Rynetory2
09-14-18, 08:06 PM
Is it best that I do not update my iPad until there is an update from the Farm 2 team?

I will check on this.

[S8] Elsa
09-17-18, 10:04 AM

We recommend not updating to iOS 12 yet, if possible. We understand that some players may not be able to avoid this due to iOS 12 coming preloaded on new devices.

FarmGirlNik
09-17-18, 01:15 PM
It would make sense for Farm Story to update the app at the same time as the IOS 12 update is released. Its not like iOS 12 was a surprise update. Its rather annoying that we have to either wait until an update is pushed out before updating our phones software or update our phone and not not be able to play. <eyeroll>

[S8] Elsa
09-17-18, 01:30 PM
It would make sense for Farm Story to update the app at the same time as the IOS 12 update is released. Its not like iOS 12 was a surprise update. Its rather annoying that we have to either wait until an update is pushed out before updating our phones software or update our phone and not not be able to play. <eyeroll>

The GM build for iOS 12 was released shortly before it was publicly available. Updating the game before the final build of the OS could result in unpredictable game functionality. We apologize for the inconvenience as a result of our abundance of caution.

seven024
09-18-18, 04:41 AM
I’m so upset. I updated my phone without thinking and now I can’t open the game. I put alot of work into this event and I was so close to finishing. I really wanted the panda ��.

Rynetory2
09-18-18, 05:23 AM
I’m so upset. I updated my phone without thinking and now I can’t open the game. I put alot of work into this event and I was so close to finishing. I really wanted the panda ��.

I am so so sorry to hear that you couldn't finish your event... I feel so sad for you... :(

P.S. Suggestion - if your family member has an iOS device which is not updated to iOS 12 yet, perhaps you can install Farm 2 game and finish your event there. That is if you have an additional device... Sorry I couldn't be of help.

PinkPiggie1230
09-18-18, 11:33 AM
I just updated my iPhone to IOS 12 and cannot open the game anymore. The splash screen shows for a second then crashes and goes to the home page.

chezziex2
09-18-18, 12:34 PM
I just updated my iPhone to IOS 12 and cannot open the game anymore. The splash screen shows for a second then crashes and goes to the home page.

Same issue here...wasn?t aware there was a problem with iOS 12 when it updated.. the irony is I usually don?t update until months later because I?m lazy lol the one time I do it early I break everything lol

Allie0105
09-18-18, 08:00 PM
I too am unable to play Farm Story as every time I open the game it crashes. I unfortunately didn’t see this beforehand. Hopefully it won’t be long before it’s fixed as I love this game. I’m lucky I have my panda but I do feel sorry for those who haven’t yet been able to.

Rynetory2
09-18-18, 08:57 PM
Sorry guys that you couldn't get into game because of the new iOS. :( I am afraid there's nothing you can do for now, except playing on a device with the older iOS if you have the option. I believe the team is looking into this to get a game update to you as soon as possible.

gramland
09-18-18, 09:21 PM
Sorry guys that you couldn't get into game because of the new iOS. :( I am afraid there's nothing you can do for now, except playing on a device with the older iOS if you have the option. I believe the team is looking into this to get a game update to you as soon as possible.

I have cloned a second iPad with an older version of IOS and Fantasy Forest stays I can transfer the game progress to this new iPad. If I do this it looks like all the games move over to the new iPad and games continue with no loss. What about when the new update is out and I want to go back to my IOS 12 iPad. Can I move the progress back there the same way?

Rynetory2
09-18-18, 09:39 PM
I have cloned a second iPad with an older version of IOS and Fantasy Forest stays I can transfer the game progress to this new iPad. If I do this it looks like all the games move over to the new iPad and games continue with no loss. What about when the new update is out and I want to go back to my IOS 12 iPad. Can I move the progress back there the same way?

Great that you have your 2nd iPad! :D Yes you can play on your 2nd iPad until the team releases game updates for Farm Story 2 and Fantasy Forest.

Once the game updates are out,
1. Start both game apps on your iOS 12 iPad to make sure you can get into the games
2. Close out Farm 2 app
3. Use the Login feature in Fantasy Forest to move all your games back to your iOS 12 iPad
Once this transfer is done, all games under your Storm8 account, including Fantasy, Farm 2, will be transferred over.

P.S. Don't worry you wont lose anything during the transfer. You just need to make sure you remember your S8 ID and password and also properly save your game progress and close out the apps before you start the transfer.

gramland
09-18-18, 10:12 PM
Great that you have your 2nd iPad! :D Yes you can play on your 2nd iPad until the team releases game updates for Farm Story 2 and Fantasy Forest.

Once the game updates are out,
1. Start both game apps on your iOS 12 iPad to make sure you can get into the games
2. Close out Farm 2 app
3. Use the Login feature in Fantasy Forest to move all your games back to your iOS 12 iPad
Once this transfer is done, all games under your Storm8 account, including Fantasy, Farm 2, will be transferred over.

P.S. Don't worry you wont lose anything during the transfer. You just need to make sure you remember your S8 ID and password and also properly save your game progress and close out the apps before you start the transfer.

When you select transfer it says you must first setup the login and password, I just logged in to get to that screen? Also how can you save your game progress if the app never opens under IOS 12 or do you mean before transferring it back? This needs to be fixed fast as the new products are on sale Friday all running IOS 12.

Rynetory2
09-18-18, 10:44 PM
When you select transfer it says you must first setup the login and password, I just logged in to get to that screen? Also how can you save your game progress if the app never opens under IOS 12 or do you mean before transferring it back? This needs to be fixed fast as the new products are on sale Friday all running IOS 12.

Yes Post 13 shows the transfer back steps. I'll rewrite the whole thing below so you can follow.

Make sure you already have your Storm8 id and password before you start the transfer.

On the iPad with older iOS versions (not iOS 12),
1. Install Fantasy, Farm 2 game apps if they are not installed
2. Start Fantasy and follow these screens (extracted from Fantasy Forest Main Guide)

You will be able to play Fantasy and Farm 2 on your iPad once the transfer is done.

New Device - transfer your games

To transfer your current forest to your new device:

- Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device.

1. Tap the S8 icon in the top-right corner to access Account Settings.
https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115017616663/Screen_Shot_2017-11-02_at_4_02_43_PM.png

2. Select Log in to Another Account, enter your ID and password, and confirm your login.
https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115017616683/Screen_Shot_2017-11-02_at_4_02_55_PM.png

https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115017436646/Screen_Shot_2017-11-02_at_4_03_11_PM.png

3. You will now have access to your game progress. Force close (restart) your app to see your progress.

Later when the team gives us the game updates for iOS 12, follow the following steps to transfer your games back to your iOS 12 iPad
2. Close out Farm 2 app
3. Use the Login feature in Fantasy Forest to move all your games back to your iOS 12 iPad (same screens as above)

gramland
09-18-18, 11:31 PM
Yes Post 13 shows the transfer back steps. I'll rewrite the whole thing below so you can follow.

Make sure you already have your Storm8 id and password before you start the transfer.

On the iPad with older iOS versions (not iOS 12),
1. Install Fantasy, Farm 2 game apps if they are not installed
2. Start Fantasy and follow these screens (extracted from Fantasy Forest Main Guide)

You will be able to play Fantasy and Farm 2 on your iPad once the transfer is done.

Later when the team gives us the game updates for iOS 12, follow the following steps to transfer your games back to your iOS 12 iPad
2. Close out Farm 2 app
3. Use the Login feature in Fantasy Forest to move all your games back to your iOS 12 iPad (same screens as above)

Followed your instructions and its working great! Now when the udate is available we can test it and send the saved progress right back to it the original iPad.

lululatte
09-19-18, 04:36 AM
I?m so upset. I updated my phone without thinking and now I can?t open the game. I put alot of work into this event and I was so close to finishing. I really wanted the panda ��.

Help ...me too I wasn't looking really just updated all and now I can't play my farm ...

lululatte
09-19-18, 04:39 AM
please is ID the one you use to invite people?

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 07:24 AM
Followed your instructions and its working great! Now when the udate is available we can test it and send the saved progress right back to it the original iPad.

Happy to help and glad that you are back into your games.

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 07:26 AM
Help ...me too I wasn't looking really just updated all and now I can't play my farm ...

We'll need the team to release a game update for us. You can try my suggestion of transferring your games to another device if you have an additional device.

please is ID the one you use to invite people?

Yes it is, same as your forum id, lululatte.

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 09:15 AM
Update:

Please install Farm Story 2 version 2.7.0 with iOS 12 compatibility. :)

ankavale1000
09-19-18, 09:26 AM
So I'm unable to post under the update thread that's why I'm doing this here.

I downloaded new FS2 iOS 12 compatible version, afterwards though, when I open game, I can't get pass News Feed. I keep pressing the red button with X in middle to close news feed, but it's stuck. I can't get into game to play. Please check on this. I have two iPads, it's happening on both.

So I decided to visit someone on news feed to see if I can get back into farm by clicking home button. The home button, as well as community and wall not working. The add a farm button is working though.

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 09:28 AM
What os versions are your devices using? iOS 12?

Merging to bug thread.

ankavale1000
09-19-18, 09:51 AM
iOS 12, the newest one.

Is there any way I can un download? I really regret downloading the new version now. I just checked App Store, the only version is the new one I just downloaded. So now I can't play with new version and new event is a day away. Well, maybe this is a sign that I should walk away.

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 10:05 AM
iOS 12, the newest one.

Is there any way I can un download? I really regret downloading the new version now. I just checked App Store, the only version is the new one I just downloaded. So now I can't play with new version and new event is a day away. Well, maybe this is a sign that I should walk away.

Oh dear, I was very happy until I saw your post. I'm sorry we can't undo this. Don't give up, you have invested so much to give up. I've reported this over for them to check. They should be online shortly. Please hold on. I'm sure they will get this fixed asap. :)

kittyhugs
09-19-18, 10:13 AM
This morning on my iPhone 8 I noticed there was an upgrade to Farm Story 2 to make it compatible with IOS 12. So, I downloaded IOS 12 and then did the Farm Story 2 upgrade. The software upgrade and upgraded Farm Story 2 were completed and the app is working fine. I also have an iPad Air 2 and as my phone and iPad are linked the upgraded Farm Story 2 appeared to load on my iPad. So, then I proceeded to download of IOS 12 to my iPad Air 2. PROBLEM on my iPad, Farm Story 2 loads, then the Messages box appears, you tap the X on the Messages page...NOTHING... the game is FROZEN. You can visit a neighbor that has gifted you from the Messages page, but when you tap on the house on the bottom right hand corner, you are unable to return to your farm. I have deleted the app, added the app, forced closed...the game remains frozen. I'm puzzled how the game is working on my iPhone 8 with the IOS 12 software yet is frozen on my iPad Air 2. It would have been prudent for Storm8 to have removed the Farm Story 2 upgrade and to have placed a pop up when the game is opened informing users of the issues that users are experiencing.

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 10:18 AM
Sorry for this. They are checking on this right now.

lilhobby4ever
09-19-18, 12:54 PM
This morning on my iPhone 8 I noticed there was an upgrade to Farm Story 2 to make it compatible with IOS 12. So, I downloaded IOS 12 and then did the Farm Story 2 upgrade. The software upgrade and upgraded Farm Story 2 were completed and the app is working fine. I also have an iPad Air 2 and as my phone and iPad are linked the upgraded Farm Story 2 appeared to load on my iPad. So, then I proceeded to download of IOS 12 to my iPad Air 2. PROBLEM on my iPad, Farm Story 2 loads, then the Messages box appears, you tap the X on the Messages page...NOTHING... the game is FROZEN. You can visit a neighbor that has gifted you from the Messages page, but when you tap on the house on the bottom right hand corner, you are unable to return to your farm. I have deleted the app, added the app, forced closed...the game remains frozen. I'm puzzled how the game is working on my iPhone 8 with the IOS 12 software yet is frozen on my iPad Air 2. It would have been prudent for Storm8 to have removed the Farm Story 2 upgrade and to have placed a pop up when the game is opened informing users of the issues that users are experiencing.

Same for me using iPad Air 2.

BatCrzy2
09-19-18, 12:57 PM

Same here on iPad Pro, only I have NOT updated to IOS 12 yet.

seesters
09-19-18, 01:03 PM
The game was stuck on ?Messages? BEFORE the iOS update! The game worked fine until an hour ago.

Paul__
09-19-18, 01:15 PM
I?m still on iOS 11, and now I installed 2.7.0 and I can?t get past messages. The x button won?t work. I tried visiting a neighbor to make it go away and i was able to but them the button to go home isn?t working. I?m on version 11.4 on the iPad Pro (i think it?s rhe 10 inch model from last year)... Also if there is an event that comes out today so there any chance ti could be delayed or can we be able to start later. This is very unfair and I really don’t want to lose my farm...I worked years on it.

JBdeL17
09-19-18, 01:57 PM
I’m having the same issues. I’m using the iPad Air 2. I’ve installed iOS 12, but still not working.

Skylara14
09-19-18, 02:43 PM
I?m still on iOS 11, and now I installed 2.7.0 and I can?t get past messages. The x button won?t work. I tried visiting a neighbor to make it go away and i was able to but them the button to go home isn?t working. I?m on version 11.4 on the iPad Pro (i think it?s rhe 10 inch model from last year)... Also if there is an event that comes out today so there any chance ti could be delayed or can we be able to start later. This is very unfair and I really don’t want to lose my farm...I worked years on it.

This, but I’m on an iPad Air 2 and have not updated to iOS 12

Ravenbluffer
09-19-18, 03:23 PM
How do you tell what version of FS2 you have loaded? I don?t believe I?ve received any updates in a while, and didn?t receive one today like it seems the entire world did.

kitty4761
09-19-18, 07:08 PM
Having the same issue. 6th gen iPad running iOS 11, updated FS2 only to have the game stuck on the message screen. Updated to iOS 12, no change in FS2. I can see movement on the screen behind the message board from my finished items and whatnot, but no way to close the message board to actually play the game.

cassa666
09-19-18, 07:16 PM
Having same problems after updates. Can’t get past messages.

ClassySnakeS8
09-19-18, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone!

We think we've found the cause of the issue and working on an update so please be patient until we can get that out. For now, simply rotate your device so that the device home button is on the left side and the window should be able to be closed.

Thank you!

Paul__
09-19-18, 10:32 PM
Hello everyone!

Thank you!

thanks for the update. It also looks like the help/faq is black for so,e reason.

Rynetory2
09-19-18, 11:54 PM
How do you tell what version of FS2 you have loaded? I don?t believe I?ve received any updates in a while, and didn?t receive one today like it seems the entire world did.

See chapter Game version (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1250272&viewfull=1#post1250272) in Main Guide.

Rynetory2
09-20-18, 12:04 AM
thanks for the update. It also looks like the help/faq is black for so,e reason.

I've flagged this over. Thanks for reporting this.

leafy8
09-20-18, 12:31 AM
I updated to iOS 12, used the Farm Story 2 app to update to iOS 12 and still cannot play the game. I cannot get rid of the messages screen. If I visit a farm from that board I cannot get back home.

Rynetory2
09-20-18, 12:57 AM
I updated to iOS 12, used the Farm Story 2 app to update to iOS 12 and still cannot play the game. I cannot get rid of the messages screen. If I visit a farm from that board I cannot get back home.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please use this workaround in the mean time. Thanks.

Hello everyone!

Thank you!

ladyinhotpink
09-20-18, 01:25 AM
I have been effected by this too rotating my iPad does work

Rynetory2
09-20-18, 01:28 AM
I have been effected by this too rotating my iPad does work

Thanks for your update.

leafy8
09-20-18, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the advice. Rotating my iPad has worked and I can now play the game.

Carbuck
09-20-18, 05:47 AM
Hello everyone!

Thank you!

This has worked for me too. Thanks a bunch!

Clark_Wayne
09-20-18, 07:24 AM
i’m on ios11 and i can’t plat FS2 anymore since last FS2 update !!

Clark_Wayne
09-20-18, 07:28 AM
yes rotating the device works :)

rachsmom
09-20-18, 07:53 AM
I cannot get out of the initial message board (this happened shortly after the last update on my IPad 2). I can select one of the visitors but them cannot select the home button. It seems like those buttons aren't responding. I have reset the IPad and reinstalled the game to no avail. I had recently installed the last update to the program the day before. Any suggestions?

Ravenbluffer
09-20-18, 09:38 AM
Thank you Ryne. Could you ask the Stormers whether I have not received the FS2 upgrade to 2.7 yet because I haven?t updated to iOS12?

chefereevee
09-20-18, 12:01 PM
This is the same problem for me too. Even though I have tried all troubleshooting and updates, nothing has worked. I guess I?ll have to try again later. Maybe storm 8 will give us a gift for the inconvience???

[S8] Elsa
09-20-18, 02:01 PM
The update is now rolling out in the App Store. Please enable automatic update or periodically visit the store to update. :)

Allie0105
09-20-18, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone!

Thank you!

Thank you all at Storm8 for quickly rectifying the problem with the game caused by the new iOS update. I will certainly be waiting next time before updating but I am also very grateful to everyone who worked hard in the problem and to the moderators who kept us in the loop. 

lululatte
09-20-18, 03:24 PM
Update is in yay.. thank you for the help.

[S8] Elsa
09-20-18, 03:33 PM
Hi, my IPad is older and stopped updating at 10.3 would this mean as I've accidentally pressed that iOS update that I'll never be able to play it on my I pad again? My slightly senior brain doesn't cope with technology sometimes lol. I have managed to get the game on my I phone and I thank you for the instructions.

Oh, no you're good to go! Just update the game in the app store and you can play. :)

Rynetory2
09-20-18, 10:50 PM
Thank you Ryne. Could you ask the Stormers whether I have not received the FS2 upgrade to 2.7 yet because I haven?t updated to iOS12?

Please check your App Store for version 2.7.1.

Elsa;1541362']The update is now rolling out in the App Store. Please enable automatic update or periodically visit the store to update. :)

Rynetory2
09-20-18, 11:14 PM
I cannot get out of the initial message board (this happened shortly after the last update on my IPad 2). I can select one of the visitors but them cannot select the home button. It seems like those buttons aren't responding. I have reset the IPad and reinstalled the game to no avail. I had recently installed the last update to the program the day before. Any suggestions?

Download the latest 2.7.1 will resolve the issues.

I've moved your thread over to here in Farm 2.