PDA

View Full Version : No gem videos

YukitaBanana
06-27-15, 02:54 PM
A lot of users are saying they can watch videos for gems, but I'm not seeing it. Is this for specific users or...?

nightshine7
06-28-15, 11:04 AM
I've been playing several years and the only way I've been able to get about 6 free gems is by buying an item and downloading a Storm8 game. I can almost bet what you're talking about is a scam. There's also the scam of getting all these hundreds/thousands of free gems by going to sites and downloading stuff. I don't think it's legit at all...but then who knows. Good luck!

jim23cash
06-28-15, 11:58 AM
Since the new update, I've had the option to watch up to 3 videos per day for 1 gem each in both RS and BS. They are really short videos about other game apps. Since they are actually in the games, like goals, I don't think its a scam. I've gotten gems when I've done it. I'm on iOS, maybe it's only an iOS feature? Or maybe only some players got it as a test run?

Liloze
06-29-15, 06:27 AM
Since the new update, I've had the option to watch up to 3 videos per day for 1 gem each in both RS and BS. They are really short videos about other game apps. Since they are actually in the games, like goals, I don't think its a scam. I've gotten gems when I've done it. I'm on iOS, maybe it's only an iOS feature? Or maybe only some players got it as a test run?

I am on iOS and got no such thing as watch video for gems!
I have the watch video to speed cooking.
And of course I also have all the bugs and issues that came with this last update! :rolleyes:

lildvil
07-04-15, 03:58 AM
I have an iOS device, I keep game updated and haven't gotten the watch ad for free gems and I haven't even gotten the speed up cooking ones..I wonder why? I hope they aren't picking and choosing who gets them..It wouldn't be right.

lildvil
07-04-15, 06:53 AM
Finally got the speed up cooking by watching this ad...not the one I really needed :-(

jim23cash
07-04-15, 07:22 AM
I have an iOS device, I keep game updated and haven't gotten the watch ad for free gems and I haven't even gotten the speed up cooking ones..I wonder why? I hope they aren't picking and choosing who gets them..It wouldn't be right.

Finally got the speed up cooking by watching this ad...not the one I really needed :-(
I think they often test markets by releasing things to different players. Sometimes things have had different prices or different items available, too.

TTH2013
07-04-15, 08:47 AM
Hi. Hope someone can help. For the last few days the gem earned after watching videos disappears from my tally a few seconds after it is added. The game seems to pause to sync itself then the gem is taken away... I have tried force closing, re-installing and it is unchanged. Can anyone at TL please help me....

shindadon
07-23-16, 04:37 AM
Two days ago genes video just come 1 time after watch rewarded 1 gem the game BS goes processing than gem gone than yesterday and today no video at all. Why storm8 take the video away. I support them I have prove that I buy gems many times

Please help me

Rynetory2
07-23-16, 05:08 AM
These gem videos are promotional features which may change or come and go.

shindadon
07-25-16, 03:56 AM
That doesn't seem fare. I have two account I syrongly believe it stop cause switch back and forth

deekathleen
07-25-16, 08:03 AM
Some players have never gotten them at all, so be glad you at least had them for awhile.

Fluffybabe_
07-25-16, 02:03 PM
Omg, this just happened to me 3 days ago. I have another account where this has happened before and after a whole month of no daily videos they came back. Now I have a new account where I could get 10 gems on there everyday and suddenly, their gone and I haven't even had it for a month yet. If they come back I hope my gems aren't cut down to 3 a day :/.
I also hope it isn't because I'm switching back and fourth between accounts.

lojoyellowxxx
11-28-16, 06:19 AM
Hi, could you plz help me, i used to watch 3 videos everyday and recieve my 3 gems. But for some reason it has stopped, i speeded up my cooking one day and i think its since i done that, this happened to bakery story 2. Which i ended up deleting bcos of a few other problems, but could you tell me how i can watch the videos for the 3 gems again, storm ID lojoyellowxxx and im on level 99. Bakery name A GEORDIE GIRL. Thankyou. Louise x

Rynetory2
11-28-16, 06:54 AM
The video feature is not a permanent feature and not offered to all players. It may be removed or changed overtime.
See existing thread. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93097-Not-getting-daily-gem-videos

BobbieNezDorsch
01-05-17, 10:24 AM
I haven't received free gems for weeks. It seems like they stopped because I buy them. It shouldn't be that way. Even though I buy them I still should be getting them free. Once a day I will see the movie for free gems for about one second and then it disappears. Please fix this. Thank you

kooky panda
01-05-17, 11:34 AM
The video promotional offer may change. It may be removed, added or the prizes may change.
If you are seeing the icon to watch, but it is not working, please contact support for assistance.

support.storm8.com >> submit a request (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us)

khunnamo
01-29-17, 09:07 PM
I lost free gem tab in my Bakery story game. And can't watch video for free gems in Dragon story, Could you fix it pls?

kooky panda
01-30-17, 10:45 AM
I lost free gem tab in my Bakery story game. And can't watch video for free gems in Dragon story, Could you fix it pls?

Merging your thread with the current thread.
Please see post 2.

hooahwife
03-04-17, 06:37 PM
Icon for videos to get gems is there but the videos won't load

Rynetory2
03-04-17, 11:28 PM
Try clearing your device's cache and loading at different times of the day and see if that helps. :)

gh0stgirl
05-02-17, 04:06 PM
This feature is currently only absolutely for android users

kooky panda
05-02-17, 06:22 PM
This feature is currently only absolutely for android users
This feature is offered to some iOS players.

Closing thread since it is an older thread.

young0211
06-26-17, 12:23 PM
I've lost the free gem video ads for few days (10gems & 2 hours speed-up option), I have no idea why and is it really sad that I am not longer getting the option. I have been searching for solutions but still I havent found any of them. A lot of players are complaining about this, this is a bug or it is limited? Should I report to the team? Please help me out, I really wish to get the option back.

Rynetory2
06-26-17, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

This is a promotional feature which comes and goes to random players. Don't worry it's not a bug. Hope yours returns to you soon!

I'm closing this thread since this isn't a bug. Here is the discussion thread. Thanks.
Thread: Daily gem videos (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93097-Daily-gem-videos)

lunascha
12-29-17, 10:20 AM
So I have used an iPhone 6 Plus and although it did not have FREE GEM function where my Android friends did, I was okay with it and still had the Double Coin feature where I would watch an ad and receive 2x coin boost for a couple of hours or so.
However, I have recently upgraded my phone to iPhone X and it does not have any functions even the coin boost. I understand that the game may no longer be updated to be compatible with the most recent platform.. But I feel like it is not fair for those with different phones. I have spent lots of real money to this game and have enjoyed every bit of it. Even though I don't have the free gem feature, I feel like there should be something.

If you cannot resolve this issue in particular, please do something about updating the game! There are still lots of people who enjoy this game

hotdogs26
09-13-18, 02:25 PM
Does someone know how to fix this

Rynetory2
09-13-18, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

This is a promotional feature which comes and goes to random players. This is not a bug to be fixed though. I hope you get it soon. Here's the discussion thread for this. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93097-Daily-gem-videos