PDA

View Full Version : Pleaaaase don't turn this into a typical S8 game.

Gunregistard
05-26-10, 06:33 PM
The last thing I want to see here is clans with silly codes in their names and too much competition.

It's refreshing to have a fun, easygoing little timewaster. And yeah, people seem to be having fun not just doing the same old **** spreadsheet crunching to figure out what to do when, but actually playing with design.

Add new stuff. Make things happen when you do this or that. More diverse bonuses for certain non-crop items instead of one-time XP. Make it worthwhile to own livestock.

But right now it's refreshingly NOT like the rest of the cookie-cutter S8 games. I actually enjoy decided which crop to plant based on when I'll have time to check the game again.

ilikecookiez13
05-27-10, 02:39 AM
How will this game turn into the S8 like games?
There is no pvp involved, no stats that can be ruined.
And what if if there is a clan? what are they gonna do? Not water others?

Unregistered
05-29-10, 11:50 AM
I like having neighbours who are like a friendly clan. More into dropping by to water than being nasty to the outside world. Being a true Highlander from the home of clans I think the best clan cry is "MacGregor despite them shall flourish forever".

ID = Miig

Inthe Dell
12-05-10, 11:27 PM
I'm playing this game and ignoring the rest because there is no pvp, no harm - no absolute "right" way to play. If you want money, big field - fine; if you want to make a lovely, unique farm - fine! If those bitter s8 elements creep in, I'll creep out. This game just feels good to play to an adult who needs a peaceful break and can't seem to pursue meditation.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 10:48 AM
I too like the relaxing simplicity of FarmStory. Other than timing crops to meet you schedule and designing a farm that you're happy with, there's no thinking involved. There are other farm games out there that are more involved (i.e. Tap Ranch) for those that wish to have more interaction.

I'm not in this for the competition either. It's a relaxing time ****er and allows socialization with others. Just fix the bugs, add some of the suggested features, and this will be one heck of a game. I would like my farm more to scale, though.