PDA

View Full Version : Conjured Champions Leaderboard

desraymlp
09-07-18, 01:39 PM
Elsa;1539702']To follow-up on the reward delivery issue from "Alpha Crownhunt". The adventure incorrectly attempted give this reward as a rare drop and automatically reverted it. The intended reward for this loot roll is Leaderboard Points. We've updated the reward to properly award Leaderboard Points going forward.

Players who encountered the original issue have been credited a Country Swing habitat to their storage. We apologize for the issue!

Elsa;1539689']Some loot rolls from adventures were intended to give additional Leaderboard points. We've resolved the issue and those rewards will now give additional points. Additionally, please visit your goal books for a special gift!

Oh, lovely, I got placed in the group with the current Global leader. No hope of getting the prize dragon now.

Also, I don't seem to be getting the bonuses for hatching rare and super rare dragons. Hatched a Firemane and an Ambassador but did not receive bonus points. It usually happens once you take the egg off the nest correct?

mylord7
09-07-18, 07:01 PM
Also, I don't seem to be getting the bonuses for hatching rare and super rare dragons. Hatched a Firemane and an Ambassador but did not receive bonus points. It usually happens once you take the egg off the nest correct?
That is correct, it happens once you take the egg off the nest.
I also hatched a Nyx Dragon (Rare) and a Celestial Dragon (Super Rare) and I haven't seen the Pop Up balloon with the bonuses points.
Is this a kind of bug?

RCShay
09-07-18, 09:59 PM
i have had the same issue

random59
09-07-18, 10:22 PM
Imagine my disgust when I took Beryl off the nest and received no points and I still am not receiving points!

NeidusBluetip
09-08-18, 04:32 AM
Oh, lovely, I got placed in the group with the current Global leader. No hope of getting the prize dragon now.

Yep, same here. I started off with 22 points while they were already amassing over 2,000+. Awesome. Couldn't even get things started since I had to bust everything (while also spending 90 gold) trying to make the last WE first dragon milestone in the last 2 remaining minutes of the event...

Also, am I just super blind, or is anyone else having trouble finding the stupid Aether Stone...? I reached the milestone for it but can't find it in storage. I absolutely HATE that you get the prompt to 'view in storage' but it *never* brings you to the new item that, you know, you'd like to be brought to?

EDIT: Turns out the person who *was* in 1st place in Global (as well as my LB group) is now way off the charts, as the Global leader is already at over 30,000+ points now lawl

Emmajlb
09-08-18, 06:34 AM
I had to restart my game to find the aether stone in storage.

All the events use the spell shop now, they really need to create another one.

NeidusBluetip
09-08-18, 08:54 AM

Thanks for that! Had to do it a few times until I found it. Shouldn't even have to do something like that, but I can't complain too much since it *is* really nice that they've at least started rewarding these during earlier milestones.

AnnirasSweets
09-08-18, 11:23 AM

Yes, especially since most players are in desperate need of crafting as many Marble Keys as possible. If they're going to persist with all these event crafts then they need to give us a new building that either crafts Marble Keys only or Event Crafts only. There's just no feasible way to keep up with expanding and craft for events, seems like common sense to me so why has no one at s8 considered this?

Sugarcat5
09-08-18, 12:32 PM
Yep, same here. I started off with 22 points while they were already amassing over 2,000+. Awesome. Couldn't even get things started since I had to bust everything (while also spending 90 gold) trying to make the last WE first dragon milestone in the last 2 remaining minutes of the event...

Also, am I just super blind, or is anyone else having trouble finding the stupid Aether Stone...? I reached the milestone for it but can't find it in storage. I absolutely HATE that you get the prompt to 'view in storage' but it *never* brings you to the new item that, you know, you'd like to be brought to?

EDIT: Turns out the person who *was* in 1st place in Global (as well as my LB group) is now way off the charts, as the Global leader is already at over 30,000+ points now lawl

I had the same issue with the aether stone on my baby account and started a thread under bugs n issues. I ended up getting it after restarting my game but a lot of people seem to be having this problem. I also had this problem with the aether sculpture when I first earned it and had to reboot to get it. I really wish S8 would not start new events on Fridays since we can't get any resolution to problems like this until monday.

ksbmommy
09-08-18, 08:32 PM
Not getting bonuses for rare - super - ultra. What a huge issue for those of us who need every point we can get. Why can't we ever get things released on Tuesday so we don't have to deal with the bugs all weekend. Points getting flushed down the drain is NOT fair.

sam204
09-08-18, 08:44 PM
I am getting 99 points continuously for 3 hr Quest — No change ! Most shockingly I got 99 points even for 8 hr Quest . This is clearly *****ing . Can some one please confirm if anyone is is getting different points ? I feel , our Moderators must take up this issue and get it rectified . I remember having read similar message from AnnirasSweets but I could not find it now . Is it deleted ? Players must be compensated for this bug .

Phoenix406
09-08-18, 09:18 PM
We are receiving points for harvesting now, so maybe they did away with bonus for hatching rares and super rares.

FireballFarm
09-08-18, 10:50 PM
The rarity bonuses are still listed in the event faq, so it must be either a bug or another screw up:

https://i.imgur.com/QVJxXi6.jpg

How can they fairly make up for this? Everyone's number is different. My missing handful of rare bonuses is nothing compared to what the folks who activated their diamond temples are missing. Seems like there is a major problem every time an event starts on Friday.

Forgot to add:
I don't like the changes. It's just like the World Events now.
The best, most fun thing about LBs were the milestone dragons and occasional habitat milestone. Back when the point spread was reasonable, LBs were to be my favorite event. Now I barely pay attention to them. Why get rid of the milestone dragons? There are over 1000 dragons in the game, more than enough to use some as prizes and still make money off the Codex. Smdh.

AnnirasSweets
09-09-18, 02:30 AM
I am getting 99 points continuously for 3 hr Quest ? No change ! Most shockingly I got 99 points even for 8 hr Quest . This is clearly *****ing . Can some one please confirm if anyone is is getting different points ? I feel , our Moderators must take up this issue and get it rectified . I remember having read similar message from AnnirasSweets but I could not find it now . Is it deleted ? Players must be compensated for this bug .

You're not alone! I've been doing the 3 hour quest during the day and the 8 hour quest overnight and I've yet to get anything other than 99 and neither have I heard that anyone else get a different amount. Seeing those results I figured it wasn't worth it to do the 12 hour quest until I see someone get more points I'll stick with the quicker quests. I did post earlier (there are multiple LB threads so who knows where, lol) that the info in game clearly says the Quests will give between 100-375 LB points which is very misleading I think. I've never even gotten 100 points which means the info in game is wrong and makes me unsure if I can believe a word of that specific source for info, ya know?

The quests from the WEs dropped varying amounts though some results were more common, there was at least a subtle difference between the quests but I'm not seeing any differences in this event's quests. Perhaps there was a mix up in the coding that should be looked at? It surely has to be a glitch or else there's no point in having three options when they all give the same!

ksbmommy
09-09-18, 03:27 AM
I just finished a 12 hour quest overnight and received 99 points. No matter the duration, it's always 99 points. Nothing different so far.

What a yucky LB so far, I don't want points as milestones or stupid coins, I looked forward to the dragons

Emmajlb
09-09-18, 05:30 AM
All I'm getting is 99 points too.

cat_chick10
09-09-18, 10:32 AM
I'm disappointed that there are less milestone dragons. The opportunity to get old dragons was my favourite part of the leaderboards, since it's impossible for me to win them without spending $$$

random59
09-09-18, 11:35 AM
Fireball Farm, have a close look when you take the egg off the nest at how many crowns you get, I am sure they are just adding the 2 lots together now!

Was convinced I wasn’t getting them as well but I am sure that’s what is happening.

As for questing for Crowns, I have completed all 3 different quests and have only received 99 crowns each time, why does this not surprise me!

.........Just took Fates off the nest, 5 hours hatch time with 55 Crowns, 15 Crowns for the x3 for time on nest and 40 Crowns for Super Rare!

FireballFarm
09-09-18, 02:36 PM
Good eye! I've had a string of commons (Lights, trying for Angel) with another 9 hr. on the den right now. When I get another non-common, will pay close attention. :) Less pop ups (of any form) would be great! The number of consecutive pop ups attached to the event commons and monthly dragons have been driving me bonkers.

Ellerslie6
09-09-18, 05:33 PM
Not getting bonuses for rare - super - ultra. What a huge issue for those of us who need every point we can get. Why can't we ever get things released on Tuesday so we don't have to deal with the bugs all weekend. Points getting flushed down the drain is NOT fair.

Since seeing the posts re no bonus points for hatching I watched carefully today and I’m not receiving them either. Unfortunately I haven’t kept a record of what’s been hatched since event started till I read this string. Obviously I am too trusting. I’m also receiving 99 for quests no matter what length. My quest dragon is L4 - perhaps points increase once I level up to 7??

Sugarcat5
09-09-18, 06:17 PM
Since seeing the posts re no bonus points for hatching I watched carefully today and I’m not receiving them either. Unfortunately I haven’t kept a record of what’s been hatched since event started till I read this string. Obviously I am too trusting. I’m also receiving 99 for quests no matter what length. My quest dragon is L4 - perhaps points increase once I level up to 7??

Nope....my quest dragon is up to level 10 and I have only gotten 99 points.

glenngenius
09-09-18, 06:51 PM
Same with other players, been getting 99 points for both 3-hr and 8-hr quests.

AnnirasSweets
09-09-18, 07:45 PM
Nope....my quest dragon is up to level 10 and I have only gotten 99 points.

My dragon has been level 10 for every quest so I agree that this isn't a factor.

@ MODS: Could this issue regarding Quests not dropping more than 99 LB points be flagged over to the team?

The amount of points one should be based on which Quest we do, with the 3 hour quest giving the least, 12 hour giving the most. While I understand that the very high drops will be rare, this surely has to be a bug because not a single player has received more than 99 points from any quest.

busybee222
09-09-18, 07:54 PM
Last night I send out chormatic to 12 hrs quest, this morning it came back with 210 GOLD!
Yes GOLD.

RhodryMaelwaedd
09-09-18, 10:05 PM
Fireball Farm, have a close look when you take the egg off the nest at how many crowns you get, I am sure they are just adding the 2 lots together now!

Was convinced I wasn?t getting them as well but I am sure that?s what is happening.

As for questing for Crowns, I have completed all 3 different quests and have only received 99 crowns each time, why does this not surprise me!

.........Just took Fates off the nest, 5 hours hatch time with 55 Crowns, 15 Crowns for the x3 for time on nest and 40 Crowns for Super Rare!

You are right, random59. I just got 80'points for Hot Chocolate, so that's 20 times 3 = 60 points for hours of hatching and 20 points for rare.

random59
09-10-18, 01:10 AM
Last night I send out chormatic to 12 hrs quest, this morning it came back with 210 GOLD!
Yes GOLD.

Wow, congrats! All I have been getting is 99 crowns no matter if it?s a 3,8, or 12 hour quest!

........No sooner had I finished commenting on your post, I went and the 8 hour quest had ended!

I was dumbstruck the quest had given me 210 gold also, wasn?t thinking didn?t take a snap before or after, gold went up by 210, no reset and I was back to my normal gold and I don?t believe I received any crowns either!

This game has so many glitches and it is not funny anymore! I am ready to walk away if they get too regular! Show some accountability please!

Sugarcat5
09-10-18, 01:14 AM
Yes GOLD.

Lucky you...i wish my dragon would come back with some gold!

AnnirasSweets
09-10-18, 05:23 AM
I'm glad someone's getting results from the Quests, myself and the group I exchange info with have yet to see anything other than 99 LB Points. It's a great idea, the quests for points, but so far it's just another thing in this LB that's not working properly. S8 seriously needs to have a Quality Control group that tests these things out beforehand.

NeidusBluetip
09-10-18, 09:15 AM
I'm glad someone's getting results from the Quests, myself and the group I exchange info with have yet to see anything other than 99 LB Points. It's a great idea, the quests for points, but so far it's just another thing in this LB that's not working properly. S8 seriously needs to have a Quality Control group that tests these things out beforehand.

The thing that bothers me is the unbalanced system of achieving points. If some players are lucky enough to successfully breed the dragon on the first try, they get to send it off for questing immediately to gather points, while other players who may take the maximum amount of time to either successfully breed it or gain enough craftable material, will lose out on all those days where others are gaining tons of LB points :/

amerirish
09-10-18, 10:56 AM
Wow, congrats! All I have been getting is 99 crowns no matter if it?s a 3,8, or 12 hour quest!

........No sooner had I finished commenting on your post, I went and the 8 hour quest had ended!

I was dumbstruck the quest had given me 210 gold also, wasn?t thinking didn?t take a snap before or after, gold went up by 210, no reset and I was back to my normal gold and I don?t believe I received any crowns either!

This game has so many glitches and it is not funny anymore! I am ready to walk away if they get too regular! Show some accountability please!

Same thing happened to me yesterday or the day before. I completed the 12 hour quest and got 216 gold. Shortly thereafter, it was gone. Funny how they're able to retrofit glitches that benefit us but not the other way around :mad:

mylord7
09-10-18, 11:41 AM

Same thing happened to me yesterday or the day before. I completed the 12 hour quest and got 216 gold. Shortly thereafter, it was gone. Funny how they're able to retrofit glitches that benefit us but not the other way around :mad:
Count me too. Yesterday, I tested the 12 hours quest and gave me 99 points, which is very disappointed and obviously a bug of this leaderboard. Then I accidentally sent the dragon for another 12 hours quest, instead of 3 hours one that I wanted. I waited some time and I finished the quest by using Gold. Then, I totally surprised, because the pop up mentioned that I earned 210 Gold!!! I overexcited and I immediately took a screnshot of that pop up message.
Suddenly, after about 30" I had a glitch. Guess what...
All the earned Gold was lost, plus I lost the Gold I used to speed/finish the quest, because the game didn't roll back for that part too!!!
Very convenient for the S8, as always!!!

4everanthony
09-10-18, 12:38 PM
Total B.S. Storm8. I also "received" 210 gold, only to find in gone when I returned to my game an hour later.
So not cool.

tonysmom614
09-10-18, 12:40 PM
Same here. :/

harobeda
09-10-18, 01:08 PM

Mine did that too - I took a screenshot of the 210 gold reward, saw my gold balance change. Then less than 10 seconds after "accepting" it, it was gone. Bah humbug. I kinda knew it was too good to be truce! But I wish they'd honor it!

random59
09-10-18, 01:17 PM
Kooky panda or Elsa, any comment on this gold glitch! We return from questing and receive gold then the next minute it is gone, there are too many posts about it happening to other community members!

Also awaiting any news on the missing tickets from the previous event as well!

kooky panda
09-10-18, 01:18 PM
Kooky panda or Elsa, any comment on this gold glitch! We return from questing and receive gold then the next minute it is gone, there are too many posts about it happening to other community members!

I have just now reported over this gold glitch.

I will check on ticket glitch.

random59
09-10-18, 01:21 PM

Appreciate it, thanks!

ksbmommy
09-10-18, 01:24 PM

Thank you! Count me in as one of the ticket glitch not yet resolved.

divanightclub
09-10-18, 04:07 PM
There was an icon on the side that offered 500 leaderboard points for participating in this event, only for to disappear seconds later,returning to my original score..apparently this is also another glitch, aside from the gold glitch. Has is happened to anyone else???

[S8] Elsa
09-10-18, 04:15 PM
There was an icon on the side that offered 500 leaderboard points for participating in this event, only for to disappear seconds later,returning to my original score..apparently this is also another glitch, aside from the gold glitch. Has is happened to anyone else???

You experienced a sync error with your Enchanted Farm. This is unrelated to the quest. If you're still having trouble, please contact support as this may be exclusive to your account.

[S8] Elsa
09-10-18, 04:19 PM
Some loot rolls from adventures were intended to give additional Leaderboard points. We've resolved the issue and those rewards will now give additional points. Additionally, please visit your goal books for a special gift!

[S8] Elsa
09-10-18, 05:35 PM

To follow-up on the reward delivery issue from "Alpha Crownhunt". The adventure incorrectly attempted give this reward as a rare drop and automatically reverted it. The intended reward for this loot roll is Leaderboard Points. We've updated the reward to properly award Leaderboard Points going forward.

Players who encountered the original issue have been credited a Country Swing habitat to their storage. We apologize for the issue!

skyharbor602
09-10-18, 05:46 PM
All I got were 99 points on all three quests too. I was going to say something about it but I figured I was the only one and didn't want to rock the boat.
Does everyone have the habitat or did select players get it?

glenngenius
09-10-18, 05:54 PM
All I got were 99 points on all three quests too. I was going to say something about it but I figured I was the only one and didn't want to rock the boat.

I received 99 points too regardless of the length of quest up until today. The dragon I sent yesterday just finished it's 12-hr quest and I got 375 points. I guess the leaderboard points reward glitch has been fixed.

Upon checking my storage, I don't have the habitat. :(

Emmajlb
09-10-18, 05:59 PM

No habitat for me either, I got 99 points on all my quests.

random59
09-10-18, 06:19 PM
Just got my habitat, still no adventure tickets, didn't get Battlemage had to go to support, no gold, only getting 99 crowns for quests!

3 events in a row!!!!

glenngenius
09-10-18, 06:26 PM
Just got my habitat, still no adventure tickets, didn't get Battlemage had to go to support, no gold, only getting 99 crowns for quests!

3 events in a row!!!!

I can feel your frustration. Sorry to hear about what happened. I really hope s8 will iron out all the glitches before starting a new event so these kind of mishaps will not happen in the future.

Phoenix406
09-10-18, 06:52 PM
Still waiting on my Adventure Tickets, too. *drums fingertips on table*

[S8] Elsa
09-10-18, 07:15 PM

To clarify, the habitat was only issued to players who got the broken Gold reward.

The special quest is available to everyone because everyone was impacted by the 99 Points reward.

AnnirasSweets
09-10-18, 07:33 PM
I appreciate that they've taken care of the Quest Points issue and that they tried to compensate for it. So thanks to the Mods' quick action and s8's timely response.

What I don't appreciate is that we have to suffer through this EVERY. SINGLE. EVENT. I honestly cannot recall the last time an event ran smoothly from start-up to final prizes, there's always something that's an issue. And naturally these issues mean we all have to spend days waiting for things to be fixed while we play an event that's not working properly. This is no way to run a game, s8!

Quit shoving sub-par, slap-dash events down our throats and wait to release a new one until you know for certain it works the way it's intended. If you must release an event before thoroughly testing, at least stop releasing them on Friday when no one will be available to fix these errors over the weekend. The start of events are always glitchy so weekend releases are asking for trouble. Those days of waiting cost us a lot of valuable time in already tightly timed events!

squigglish
09-10-18, 07:41 PM
Elsa;1539689']Some loot rolls from adventures were intended to give additional Leaderboard points. We've resolved the issue and those rewards will now give additional points. Additionally, please visit your goal books for a special gift!

Loot rolls from adventures? Really odd way of saying what you mean. I’m guessing you meant that a mistake was made and that some prizes In the event and additional points are being awarded to compensate for it. Perhaps in the future, plain easily understood language could be used. An example of this would be “Oops, we made a mistake. Please visit your goal books for a special gift to compensate for our mistake”. Just a thought, have a nice evening.

tonysmom614
09-10-18, 08:20 PM
Elsa;1539727']To clarify, the habitat was only issued to players who got the broken Gold reward.

The special quest is available to everyone because everyone was impacted by the 99 Points reward.

Do I have to put in a ticket for it??

retseho
09-10-18, 08:42 PM
Loot rolls from adventures? Really odd way of saying what you mean. I?m guessing you meant that a mistake was made and that some prizes In the event and additional points are being awarded to compensate for it. Perhaps in the future, plain easily understood language could be used. An example of this would be ?Oops, we made a mistake. Please visit your goal books for a special gift to compensate for our mistake?. Just a thought, have a nice evening.

The special gift of 500 points is probably to offset the loss of points due to the fixed 99 points per quest regardless of time(3hr, 8hr or 12hr) for the past 3 days. Thank you.
Quests now seems to be fixed as I got 135 points for a 3hr quest.
The Aether Sculpture also gifts 16 essense, available by clicking the Island goals "book" icon at top left of screen.

The new feature of points producing objects being milestones instead of being only available for gold is
interesting. Last milestone has increased to 10k and is reacheable provided you bred the Quest dragon real early & obtain the points producing objects ASAP. Crafting the Quest dragon loses a lot of points as even 99points/3hr quest gives about 600-800 points per 24hr.

skyharbor602
09-10-18, 09:23 PM
Elsa;1539727']To clarify, the habitat was only issued to players who got the broken Gold reward.

Aah, got it! Thanks for the clarification Elsa!

Valkyrie2018
09-10-18, 09:31 PM
No habitat for me either, I got 99 points on all my quests.

What Habitat are you referring to? I didn't get a Habitat of any kind and have completed the last few events.

RhodryMaelwaedd
09-10-18, 09:42 PM
What Habitat are you referring to? I didn't get a Habitat of any kind and have completed the last few events.

There were people that received 210 gold in stead of leaderboardpoints after finishing one of the quests, only to see the gold disappear short time after and not being rewarded the deserved leaderboardpoints. They were compensated for this inconvenience by receiving a habitat. So if this questglitch didnt happen to you - just like it didnt happen to me - you wont receive the habitat.

Florr06
09-11-18, 01:35 AM
Thank you Storm8 for fixing the issue and compensating the players. I suppose I lost more than 500 points but it's better than nothing. Looks like I am on my way to reach the final milestone! :o

Xyn25
09-11-18, 05:29 AM
Is anybody else having trouble with the spin to win thingy? I've almost given up on it, it just refuses to spin! Sometimes it takes like 5-10 minutes of swiping like crazy to get it to spin before it finally spins and sometimes nothing I do helps. It's very frustrating.

AnnirasSweets
09-11-18, 06:16 AM
Is anybody else having trouble with the spin to win thingy? I've almost given up on it, it just refuses to spin! Sometimes it takes like 5-10 minutes of swiping like crazy to get it to spin before it finally spins and sometimes nothing I do helps. It's very frustrating.

I'm on iOS and usually have no issues with it but I know lots of Android users struggle to get a spin to register. I know I've read lots of posts about it in past LBs and Spin to Win threads.

Yesterday my wheel was giving me trouble which has never happened before. I'd slide my finger across the screen to spin and the wheel would start to turn only to suddenly stop and grey out with the words, "Try Again Later" to pop up. I'd then have to force close and reboot the game and try again, took about a dozen tries before it finally worked but it was a pain regardless. If this is anything like what Android users have to suffer, I have no idea how they deal with the irritation! I'd never attempt the darn spins if it was a constant issue.

Xyn25
09-11-18, 08:41 AM
I'm on iOS and usually have no issues with it but I know lots of Android users struggle to get a spin to register. I know I've read lots of posts about it in past LBs and Spin to Win threads.

Yesterday my wheel was giving me trouble which has never happened before. I'd slide my finger across the screen to spin and the wheel would start to turn only to suddenly stop and grey out with the words, "Try Again Later" to pop up. I'd then have to force close and reboot the game and try again, took about a dozen tries before it finally worked but it was a pain regardless. If this is anything like what Android users have to suffer, I have no idea how they deal with the irritation! I'd never attempt the darn spins if it was a constant issue.

Mine doesn't even get to the spinning animation! The wheel just moves when I swipe and stops when I lift my finger. If I swipe fast several times it just lags and does the start and stop in slow motion. It's really annoying and it's caused me to miss out on points.

FireballFarm
09-11-18, 11:48 AM
Mine doesn't even get to the spinning animation! The wheel just moves when I swipe and stops when I lift my finger. If I swipe fast several times it just lags and does the start and stop in slow motion. It's really annoying and it's caused me to miss out on points.

I know this is the most annoying response in the world, and I apologize in advance for sounding just like S8 customer service :D, but could it be your wifi connection? The 3 or 4 times in the past that I've had trouble getting the wheel to spin have been when my service was throttled (phone), or when there were issues with my former, unreliable ISP (Frontier. Grrrr). My wheel acted just like you described in the those cases. So frustrating.
Or, if you are on the east coast of the US, maybe the approaching hurricane is causing issues with transmissions and whatnot?
I'm sorry you are losing out on points. That really sucks. :( I hope, whatever the issue is, it clears up asap.

[S8] Elsa
09-11-18, 11:52 AM
I know this is the most annoying response in the world, and I apologize in advance for sounding just like S8 customer service :D, but could it be your wifi connection? The 3 or 4 times in the past that I've had trouble getting the wheel to spin have been when my service was throttled or when there were issues wth my former, unreliable ISP (Frontier. Grrrr).
Or, if you are on the east coast of the US, maybe the approaching hurricane is causing issues with transmissions and whatnot?
I'm sorry you are losing out on points. That really sucks. :( I hope, whatever the issue is, it clears up asap.

Thank you! I loathe asking folks to do those generic troubleshooting steps, but I can confirm the feature is working correctly so this is the best advice for the description of the issue.

Valkyrie2018
09-11-18, 12:16 PM
There were people that received 210 gold in stead of leaderboardpoints after finishing one of the quests, only to see the gold disappear short time after and not being rewarded the deserved leaderboardpoints. They were compensated for this inconvenience by receiving a habitat. So if this questglitch didnt happen to you - just like it didnt happen to me - you wont receive the habitat.

Nice compensation!! How unfortunate that I wasnt inconvenienced for 2 minutes with the gold, but I was terribly inconvenienced waiting almost a day for my Aether Stone and Aether Statue to show up in my storage! btw, I am happy for those who were compensated with Habitats. Just saying...

ZuZu_Chan92
09-11-18, 12:32 PM
I had the same problem with aether stone and statue not appearing in my storage, so I switched off the game and switched it on, and there it was in the storage

RhodryMaelwaedd
09-11-18, 02:28 PM
Does anybody know if the 1.5x en 2x leaderboardboosts also work on points acquired from:
- the chronomatic quests?
- the aether stone and aether sculpture?
- the 500 points compensation goal in the goalbook?
- the 250 bonus points from evolving Chronomatic dragon?

Thanks!

Ellerslie6
09-11-18, 03:21 PM
You are right, random59. I just got 80'points for Hot Chocolate, so that's 20 times 3 = 60 points for hours of hatching and 20 points for rare.

Definitely NO bonuses
I am watching very very carefully now and I am definitely NOT receiving bonuses. 33 hour Virtue (just what you need in a LB lol) gave me 99 points for hatching. No bonus. I am wondering if it is worth registering with support. Probably not. Perhaps Ill try the 12 hour quest and hope it comes back with gold. My supply is so low that I wont be able to activate second nest this week. I refuse to buy more until the game becomes more stable. Visiting neighbours over L100 is a nightmare and the continuous rollbacks have cost me 3 lots of Leaderboard points from the spinning wheel.

random59
09-11-18, 03:24 PM
Definitely NO bonuses
I am watching very very carefully now and I am definitely NOT receiving bonuses. 33 hour Virtue (just what you need in a LB lol) gave me 99 points for hatching. No bonus. I?m wondering if it is worth registering with support. Probably not I?m thinking. Perhaps Ill try the 12 hour quest and hope it comes back with gold. My supply is so low that I wont be able to activate second nest this week. I refuse to buy more until the game becomes more stable. Visiting neighbours over L100 is a nightmare and the continuous rollbacks have cost me 3 lots of Leaderboard points from the spinning wheel.

Sorry Virtue is a common so you won't get bonus points!

Sugarcat5
09-11-18, 03:27 PM
Does anybody know if the 1.5x en 2x leaderboardboosts also work on points acquired from:

Thanks!

Don't know about evolving the dragon bonus points but everything else I got the bonus for.

Jnny2good
09-11-18, 05:13 PM
For those having trouble with the getting the prize wheel spinning, on my old ipad if I use two fingers and swipe in a V motion, I can reliably start the wheel spinning. Thanks for that tip from a fellow forum poster.

Ellerslie6
09-11-18, 05:25 PM
Sorry Virtue is a common so you won't get bonus points!

Oh no!
Well I have 2 Rares breeding at moment so I’ll check what happens with them.
Thanks for letting me know.

POST SCRIPT
Actually I just searched DragonWiki and it lists Virtue as Rare so I’m confused. Common or Rare??

PPS
Just checked Codex - Virtue listed as RARE - SO, back to starting point - I did not receive bonus points for Virtue or any other rare/super rare dragons hatched. [/B]

heyyou0123
09-11-18, 06:22 PM
Never get anything bonus from global only one x 1000 apples. Don’t know if s8 make any money with global, every times same *****ing winners lol,

deadpixel
09-11-18, 08:50 PM
Never get anything bonus from global only one x 1000 apples. Don’t know if s8 make any money with global, every times same *****ing winners lol,

Those players who are always high on the leaderboards have deep pockets and are willing showering S8 with their money so that S8 may continue to employ teams of artists, developers, coders, testers, etc to maintain and improve the game you are playing for free.

Maybe you do toss S8 an odd coin or two but without these "*****ING" big spenders you'd be complaining about advertisements that keep popping up every minute.

So, I think a little respect is called for.

AnnirasSweets
09-11-18, 08:56 PM
I see they've gone back and added Food as a prize for each level of GLB winners which I think is great. I'd much rather receive food than maps BUT if they don't deliver the prizes smoothly this time I may just have to quit participating in GLBs altogether. Last time they gave food prizes it took nearly a week for all player to receive prizes. They've really got to work on their delivery system!

deadpixel
09-11-18, 09:01 PM

Thanks!

Yes, it does. I got some very needed help with points buying the boosts BEFORE acting on and collecting from these quests.

deadpixel
09-11-18, 09:20 PM

I know this is the most annoying response in the world, and I apologize in advance for sounding just like S8 customer service :D, but could it be your wifi connection? The 3 or 4 times in the past that I've had trouble getting the wheel to spin have been when my service was throttled (phone), or when there were issues with my former, unreliable ISP (Frontier. Grrrr). My wheel acted just like you described in the those cases. So frustrating.

It may not be due to bad connections. What you are likely to experience as a result of poor internet stability is the following...

You spin the wheel and it spins... and spins... and spins... and spins... and spins... and spins... and spins... and spins... and spins... and SUDDENLY a pop up appears telling you that there is a problem and that you need to try again later (and all the time you see the wheel still spinning behind the pop up), but when you close the pop up you find that you have to wait for the next spin, the current one being lost.

I have never been able to understand why the developers chose to use such a LAME error recovery. When a spin begins, set a flag to show that it was started and when it ends properly, set another flag and update the prize earned. If there is a connection problem and there is only a "Start" flag but no "End" flag, then allow a respin. After all, what do these leaderboard spins cost? We aren't even allowed to purchase extra spins.

The problem with getting the wheel to spin properly may be due to the way it is spun. I find that a flicking method is more effective. I usually get it on the first try or at the very most the third.

RhodryMaelwaedd
09-11-18, 11:22 PM
Don't know about evolving the dragon bonus points but everything else I got the bonus for.

Thank you very much!

RhodryMaelwaedd
09-11-18, 11:24 PM
Yes, it does. I got some very needed help with points buying the boosts BEFORE acting on and collecting from these quests.

And thank you as well!

random59
09-12-18, 12:13 AM
Well, how many members will get 1st on the Global Leaderboard, I will go for 6!

It does look as though they are in agreement on their strategy, last time there were 4 equal placed players, maybe they have invited 2 more to the mix!

I honestly feel that Storm8 will let it go!

Personally I think it is Wrong!

.........Also you have to feel for the community members who have the Global leaders in their group! Yeah, been in one group that had the leader and basically I stopped playing!

This game used to be fun!

AnnirasSweets
09-12-18, 01:09 AM
Well, how many members will get 1st on the Global Leaderboard, I will go for 6!

It does look as though they are in agreement on their strategy, last time there were 4 equal placed players, maybe they have invited 2 more to the mix!

I honestly feel that Storm8 will let it go!

Personally I think it is Wrong!

.........Also you have to feel for the community members who have the Global leaders in their group! Yeah, been in one group that had the leader and basically I stopped playing!

This game used to be fun!

I don't know, looks like numbers 5 and 6 are lagging behind the others but really, I say the more the merrier when it comes to placing 1st in the GLB. I can't even imagine the amount of effort it takes to get that many points so to my mind, if they work that hard, they all deserve the prizes.

Though once more I find myself raising slightly higher on the GLB scale though I'm not getting many more points so it seems like the total participation is still on a decline. I've been noticing that with each new GLB, there seems to be a decline in average points earned, excluding the go-getters of course. I really wonder how much longer s8 will keep this event in the rotation.

tonysmom614
09-12-18, 06:51 AM

Knock, knock. Reply PLEASE. Thank you.

kooky panda
09-12-18, 10:06 AM

If you had the gold pop up you should of gotten the habitat in your storage.

If you had the gold glitch and did not get the habitat ( see post 1), try force closing your game and look for habitat again.
If you still did not get it, contact support for assistance.

FireballFarm
09-12-18, 01:22 PM
Although not a fan of the Global LB concept, I love the fact that the top players/spenders are tying their scores! More winners is always great. For the ridiculous amount of money those people are spending, they all deserve the rewards (which, do the rewards even equal or replace what they are spending?)

Phoenix406
09-12-18, 01:30 PM
Although not a fan of the Global LB concept, I love the fact that the top players/spenders are tying their scores! More winners is always great. For the ridiculous amount of money those people are spending, they all deserve the rewards (which, do the rewards even equal or replace what they are spending?)

I don't see how the rewards could possibly equal what they are paying. Some people just like to win or get a title or a trophy, I guess. Most of my trophies (not that there are many) stay in storage since there is so little room for decos.

skyharbor602
09-12-18, 02:16 PM
I don't see how the rewards could possibly equal what they are paying. Some people just like to win or get a title or a trophy, I guess. Most of my trophies (not that there are many) stay in storage since there is so little room for decos.

I agree Phoenix. The dragon itself is 1400 gold and I'm pretty sure some are spending at least 10 times the amount of money for the dragon and the essence when all they had to do was buy the amount of gold needed and buy them from the market, SMH.

FireballFarm
09-12-18, 03:05 PM
I agree Phoenix. The dragon itself is 1400 gold and I'm pretty sure some are spending at least 10 times the amount of money for the dragon and the essence when all they had to do was buy the amount of gold needed and buy them from the market, SMH.

No kidding. I didn't think about the cost of buying the dragon outright. 1400 gold. That's what? $40 or $50? (can't remember, haven't bought gold in ages). I imagine some of them have lots of GPDs --or most of them, since they are obviously willing to dump a bunch of cash and GPDs are the smartest buy in the game. That racks up a fair amount of gold every day. Used in combination with Bingo boosts, GPD gold can add a lot of points for "free." I'm curious as to what the actual, new cash lay-out for 150,000+ points is?
Like Phoenix, all my LB trophies sit in storage (and likely always will).

tonysmom614
09-12-18, 07:05 PM
If you had the gold pop up you should of gotten the habitat in your storage.

If you had the gold glitch and did not get the habitat ( see post 1), try force closing your game and look for habitat again.
If you still did not get it, contact support for assistance.

Thank you.

Rfs04
09-12-18, 07:52 PM
Elsa;1539865']Thank you! I loathe asking folks to do those generic troubleshooting steps, but I can confirm the feature is working correctly so this is the best advice for the description of the issue.

It's funny that on my level 197 island I can struggle like others, trying to get wheel to spin and then switch to my smaller level 90 island, using same tablet and get it to spin first time almost every time.... so doesn't sound like my internet connection, sounds more like a game issue with memory usage and size of island and all the graphics that go with it.

So I find it hard to believe that you can confirm the wheel is working as intended...just what did you do, test to confirm It's working properly?

skyharbor602
09-12-18, 09:42 PM
It's funny that on my level 197 island I can struggle like others, trying to get wheel to spin and then switch to my smaller level 90 island, using same tablet and get it to spin first time almost every time.... so doesn't sound like my internet connection, sounds more like a game issue with memory usage and size of island and all the graphics that go with it.

So I find it hard to believe that you can confirm the wheel is working as intended...just what did you do, test to confirm It's working properly?

I keep telling them it's too many things they're squeezing into one little screen. This is why the wheel is hard to spin at higher levels. I experience difficulty spinning the wheel on my higher level account and one touch spinning on my lower level accounts too. It has nothing to do with internet connectivity as all accounts are played on the same device with the same internet.
I've suggested many times to create a second island on a second screen to make the game smoother but I guess the "failure" of the Arctic Isles made the developers not want to do the idea which makes no sense as it would improve the game experience for everyone and "crashes" would be reduced by at least 70%.

AinoDK
09-12-18, 11:32 PM
Although not a fan of the Global LB concept, I love the fact that the top players/spenders are tying their scores! More winners is always great. For the ridiculous amount of money those people are spending, they all deserve the rewards

How awesome, that even for an event where S8 tries to set up all players against each other, 6 top spenders can agree to tie up and win together. To me it speaks of human nature, and how we evolutionary have succeedet as a flock.

They still have to spend heaps, so S8 get their money, which benefits us all. In my LB, I have a high spender (not top 6), and while I thus have no chance of winning, his/hers points have given good spins for me, easily carrying me to the last milestone. All in all, it makes me hate LB events a little less :)

FireballFarm
09-12-18, 11:51 PM

That's totally different than what I've experienced. My island is level 200, all land cleared and full of habitats and dragons except for the runestone area, and the wheel usually spins with no problems at all. It's even an older device, an iPad 3 running 9.3.5. Every once in a while (on maybe 4-5 occasions, total) the wheel won't spin no matter what touch or flick I use. Then, the next day, it's back to normal. Sometimes it's fine after just a few hours.
I'd think if it were a problem with too much stuff moving on screen, it would always refuse to spin. I keep adding more dragons and haven't stored any away.
Most recently, when I have had a problem, it was when the phone I use as a hotspot has been throttled (we axed the crappy ISP several months ago). But not always. It's throttled now (ugh) and my wheel has been working fine.
The game is just a hot mess, I think. Maybe servers keep conking out? I remember times in the past where several players were reporting the issue at the same time.

NeidusBluetip
09-13-18, 04:36 AM
I keep telling them it's too many things they're squeezing into one little screen. This is why the wheel is hard to spin at higher levels. I experience difficulty spinning the wheel on my higher level account and one touch spinning on my lower level accounts too. It has nothing to do with internet connectivity as all accounts are played on the same device with the same internet.

Trying to spin the wheel on my older Android phone was absolutely atrocious. The only way I was able to do it was when someone here was kind enough to give me a tip of trying to use a finger from both hands to slowly spin it. Players shouldn't even *have* to do something like that just to get the bloody thing to function properly.

And yeah, I've been saying for ages how the clutter is just ridiculous. This is now the second time I have entered the arena while the points have taken their sweet time to pop up from the bottom of the screen. Having accidentally hit one of the pop ups, it boots me out of the arena and into the inventory menu, but recognizes it as if I had won/lost a battle in the arena, so it's now on cooldown. I did this once during the previous tournament as well. So stupid and frustrating.

squigglish
09-13-18, 08:01 AM
Those players who are always high on the leaderboards have deep pockets and are willing showering S8 with their money so that S8 may continue to employ teams of artists, developers, coders, testers, etc to maintain and improve the game you are playing for free.

Maybe you do toss S8 an odd coin or two but without these "*****ING" big spenders you'd be complaining about advertisements that keep popping up every minute.

So, I think a little respect is called for.
Players who spend real money are, of course, not *****ing. They play by the rules and have fun and that is why anyone should play the game. Yes, they deserve respect. I personally can?t afford to spend my money on the game, so I know that if I am in a room with people who do, I have minimal chance to defeat them, so I set my own goals. That works for me and I don?t get angry or frustrated with my fellow players. What does get me angry and frustrated though is S8. Yes, they do employ people for their product, yet the same problems are continually showing up and they seldom admit it. For example, my wife has two islands and the latest android device. On her large island, a level 198, she has trouble getting a keyboard, crashing when she gathers coins or visits others. Yet on her small island, she has none of those problems. She uses the same devise, and the same WiFi connection. The only difference is the size of the island. Still, S8 tells her that her device is inadequate and that she needs to check with her internet provider as she has connection problems. That is just one example of how S8’s team of developers, testers etc operates. I don’t think it would be difficult to discover others. So, yes, anyone who plays the game and plays by the rules does deserve respect, whether they spend real money or not. In my opinion, S8 could do a much better job with their testing and at least own up to their own shortcomings.

glenngenius
09-13-18, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know when will the sale for Arcane Air habitat will end? Thank you! :)

Rfs04
09-13-18, 11:32 AM
That's totally different than what I've experienced. My island is level 200, all land cleared and full of habitats and dragons except for the runestone area, and the wheel usually spins with no problems at all. It's even an older device, an iPad 3 running 9.3.5. Every once in a while (on maybe 4-5 occasions, total) the wheel won't spin no matter what touch or flick I use. Then, the next day, it's back to normal. Sometimes it's fine after just a few hours.
I'd think if it were a problem with too much stuff moving on screen, it would always refuse to spin. I keep adding more dragons and haven't stored any away.
Most recently, when I have had a problem, it was when the phone I use as a hotspot has been throttled (we axed the crappy ISP several months ago). But not always. It's throttled now (ugh) and my wheel has been working fine.
The game is just a hot mess, I think. Maybe servers keep conking out? I remember times in the past where several players were reporting the issue at the same time.

I think I have read that there were less problems w older iPad, so u may b a lucky one there. I use Android and it has 2gig memory and still issues, even more w all the crown pop ups.

I believe the coding for iOS version is in Apple type language and totally different from Android coding which is why it took them a long time to incorporate Apple features into Android version of game. And that's why there could be different problems for different devices, over and above any common server problems from S8.

But bottom line, I agree with you, It's a hot mess. And S8 refuses to acknowledge that. Notice with every mistake that they fix, we see a post that says...issue resolved...i don't think I ever have seen S8 actually say...we fixed our mistake!!!

There are so many posts about spins being impossible yet S8 says It's working properly. But they never tell us how they actually confirm this. If they play on Stormies level96 island w an ipad....that wouldn't be a true test....unfortunately w all the errors we've seen, I don't think they know how to test. Sad.

Florr06
09-14-18, 03:57 AM
Does anyone know when will the sale for Arcane Air habitat will end? Thank you! :)
I assume the sale will end in a couple of hours when the leaderboard finishes. Usually these deals stay around for 1 week and it started at the same time as the leaderboard.

Florr06
09-14-18, 03:58 AM
I made it to the final milestone, for the first time ever, I think. Plenty of time to spare too. I was 2nd in my league throughout the week but now several have gone past and are 2000+ ahead, so I'm going to give up on getting the final prize. Better luck next time. But I'm happy I was able to finish the event without spending gold!

belbar22
09-14-18, 08:30 AM
Has anyone looked at the Global LeaderBoard. Too funny.

AnnirasSweets
09-14-18, 08:53 AM

I just looked after reading your post -- I've never seen so many tied for first before, it's great! Though I do worry that so much tying might push s8 to come up with some workaround to prevent this in future.

Passera
09-14-18, 08:54 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! That is too hilarious!

ksbmommy
09-14-18, 09:40 AM

Have you looked at their wall? Such a stressful thing to try and do.

S8 would be better off looking at prize ranges in addition to milestones. Something to go after that entices gold spending - like over 150k points gets xyz (equivalent of the current first prize). It'll still take lots of gold to do it, but could encourage more people to go all in after hitting the milestones.

AnnirasSweets
09-14-18, 10:36 AM
Have you looked at their wall? Such a stressful thing to try and do.

S8 would be better off looking at prize ranges in addition to milestones. Something to go after that entices gold spending - like over 150k points gets xyz (equivalent of the current first prize). It'll still take lots of gold to do it, but could encourage more people to go all in after hitting the milestones.

That's a system I could fully support as it would let each person decide which prize they wanted to aim for and actually be able to get it. The thing I dislike the most about LBs is that it puts neighbors that help each other on a daily basis into direct competition and that after all the work players put in, only a handful receive the dragon prize. The whole point of the game, for me at least, is collecting dragons so I think the game should be focused on giving all players the chance to get each dragon which your proposed system would do.

As for this LB, I really hope they deliver the prizes without any fuss this time. Last time food was a prize in all ranks it took nearly a full week for me to receive mine which of course stalled my progress in the DT. That's not something I want to happen again so fingers crossed!

deadpixel
09-14-18, 11:01 AM

Yes, it really is funny. The player at the 10th place was just 1041 points away from kicking all the nine 1st place holders down to 2nd place. I wonder if he/she ran out of time or money? It would have only taken 3 minutes and 56 pieces of gold to achieve that score :tickled_pink:

Would have paid real money to see the faces of the ”Magnificent Nine” if the ”Lone Ranger” had actually overtaken them :D. In fact, I wonder how they were feeling in the last hour when that one player activated the boost and started climbing ever closer.

AinoDK
09-14-18, 11:08 AM
Congrats to the global top 9 who showed S8 and the rest of us what collaboration can acchieve!

And congrats to everyone else who reached the last milestone and/or won their local LB

CranberryMil
09-14-18, 12:37 PM
i like this leaderboard

i get to 10k without spending gold

i craft 2 Chromatic dragons, evolve one to level 10, and exchange the other one for essence

i have problems with both aether stones, neither of them appear as decoration and ALL storage is o cramped thati dont find neither in them , it was until i check the forum that i see that the stones where bugged and dont appear unless you restart the game and both where special decorations, i feel that storage need a reform.

AnnirasSweets
09-14-18, 01:38 PM
Very glad they delivered the prizes so promptly and without any issues which feels like a first for the GLBs. Dare I say it? Seems like s8 has worked the kinks from their delivery system.

belbar22
09-14-18, 01:45 PM
I just looked after reading your post -- I've never seen so many tied for first before, it's great! Though I do worry that so much tying might push s8 to come up with some workaround to prevent this in future.

I was wondering the same thing. But I think it is great that despite S8's efforts to get people to compete against each other, players have been able to get round this and work together. This could work at a local level although I never check my wall and suspect loads of people don't.

[S8] Elsa
09-14-18, 02:05 PM

I'm so impressed and simultaneously owned.

Emmajlb
09-14-18, 03:22 PM
I'm so annoyed, when the game finished the results said I was in second place, planted some crops then went back to see what global prizes I would be getting and I could see I was still in 2nd place. Then the game reset and I lost points and and I got booted to 3rd place. The 3 eggs I had sped up and placed in habitats were back on the nests but still ready to hatch so it didnt give me back my gold.

I've emailed support and they said they see nothing wrong. Firstsight is the only lb Dragon I wanted. I was using a boost and had more points than the person behind me but lost them after the event had ended.

RhodryMaelwaedd
09-14-18, 03:27 PM
I'm so annoyed, when the game finished the results said I was in second place, planted some crops then went back to see what global prizes I would be getting and I could see I was still in 2nd place. Then the game reset and I lost points and and I got booted to 3rd place. The 3 eggs I had sped up and placed in habitats were back on the nests but still ready to hatch so it didnt give me back my gold.

I've emailed support and they said they see nothing wrong. Firstsight is the only lb Dragon I wanted. I was using a boost and had more points than the person behind me but lost them after the event had ended.

Yeah well, "we dont see anything wrong" seems to be support's typical go-to answer. Sorry that things went the way they went, emma.

Emmajlb
09-14-18, 04:15 PM
Yeah well, "we dont see anything wrong" seems to be support's typical go-to answer. Sorry that things went the way they went, emma.

Thank you Rhodry. Yeah it's very frustrating especially since the game resetting is out of my control. Its a contstant problem with the game, it happens to nearly everyone and now I'm losing out on a dragon I really wanted because of it.

FireballFarm
09-14-18, 04:22 PM

I am so sorry. :(

I wish they'd listen to the dozens of complaints and finally investigate and fix the rollbacks. It's a very serious bug that can cause devastating consequences in the events ... which are all the time now. But, they've either ignored, closed, or deleted every thread and post about it, and customer service just gives the same unacceptable, bs response you got. :(

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DANG ROLLBACKS, S8.

Phoenix406
09-14-18, 04:27 PM
Very glad they delivered the prizes so promptly and without any issues which feels like a first for the GLBs. Dare I say it? Seems like s8 has worked the kinks from their delivery system.

I know - isn't it wonderful? :)

Not that anyone cares, but one of my accounts ranked at 511, and the other at 560, so they were pretty close to each other. I really can't believe I came in that high. I would love to have an idea how many people people participated in the event at all and how many actively tried. In the last one, one of my accounts was at 926, and the other one didn't place in the top 1,000 at all.

Phoenix406
09-14-18, 04:31 PM
I don't know how much gold I spent on boosts and on doing small speed ups (5 hours or less), but I did come in second and got the dragon on one account. The other account I probably spent more gold than it was worth to get the 10 maps and the food, but that's ok. It also placed me well for the Global LB so I could get lots more food and some more maps there, too.

I was supposed to get one more spin on the wheel about 3 minutes before the event ended, but the wheel was taken away early! :mad: But the event ended right on time, I think.

@EmmaJib I am *so* sorry to hear that you did not get the dragon and that it was due to rollbacks. Disappointment is bad enough, but when it is due to an error that should not have happened in the first place, it is maddening as well.

dovanificent
09-14-18, 08:18 PM

That's why i never wait till the last minute to boost. And during this LB i didn't boost at all and i finished 4th with 14.9k points. Funny thing i have the gold and food but didn't care much for the prize dragon.

AnnirasSweets
09-14-18, 08:22 PM
Thank you Rhodry. Yeah it's very frustrating especially since the game resetting is out of my control. Its a contstant problem with the game, it happens to nearly everyone and now I'm losing out on a dragon I really wanted because of it.

It's terrible and irritating when a sudden glitch at the end of an event makes it so you can't finish. It's happened to us all at least once and is a harsh lesson to us all when it does finally get us. Unfortunately, s8 sees this as a non-issue because on their end it just looks like a server sync and thus not an actual problem. That's why they don't hand out prizes immediately, they have to give a certain amount of time for their servers to sync with every players' game to gather the final data which leads to the odd jumps and changes in final placements.

I try to always finish every event at least four hours before it's over (if not sooner) to try and avoid these issues as there are always the most glitches and rollbacks at the beginning and the ending of any and every event. For LBs, this means if it's a dragon I really, really want I try to make sure I have enough padding in my score that any last minute point dumps shouldn't effect me. It's crazy that we should ever have to plan for the game not to work correctly but it's a fundamental truth in DS. I wish you luck on your future endeavors and hope that you're able to get the next dragon you want.

deadpixel
09-15-18, 06:26 AM
There really is no point in merely complaining about the rollbacks because all you'll ever get from support is the standard reply of ”we were unable to replicate the issue you experienced.”

Words are of no use when describing such incidences, so the best thing you can do is to activate your device’s screen recording and record everything important you do on the game, including the rollbacks. That way when you contact support, they don't have to replicate the error, they can see it happening before their eyes.

Emmajlb
09-15-18, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice and support, I really appreciate it :). I was out of the house all day yesterday and only got back a few minutes before the event ended, so that's why I had to use a boost then. I will not make that mistake again but I think I'll just go back to trying for the milestones. Hope everyone got the outcome they wanted and thanks for letting me vent. :)

deadpixel
09-15-18, 06:42 AM
Here's an example of a video that shows some resetting (rollbacks) in the game:
https://youtu.be/gSb88xOkquM