PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Bacon Me Crazy - 2018 Sep 4

EdiiLouise
09-04-18, 02:44 PM
Moderator Warning (8th September)

All,

A number of recent posts on this thread have been off-topic and inflammatory, and have been moderated. Please note that the following IS against forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-(1-16-12)):

- Creation of disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail the thread, insulting other posters, etc.

To prevent this in the future: if you start the thread, please intend to update the first post. Goal threads are a community effort, and everyone benefits when shared information about the goals and prizes is more easily accessible. And because it is a community effort, the updates do not need to be your own if you started the thread - you can update your post with information others have shared via quoting and editing.

Moving forward, the Mods will also be more discerning about which threads to sticky to prevent this situation from reoccurring.

With regards to this thread: AnnirasSweets has updated the second post (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105940-GOAL-Bacon-Me-Crazy-2018-Sep-4&p=1538253&viewfull=1#post1538253) of this thread with the goal info. (Thank you!)

Please keep the remainder of the conversation on this thread civil and directed towards the topic of the goal. Continued off-topic or incendiary remarks may result in a closing of this thread.

--Mod PG

Bacon Me Crazy - recipes missing from sub category tabs - reported
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105943-Bacon-Me-Crazy-recipes-missing-from-sub-category-tabs

Please take note:

You can find these recipes under ALL tab. They are missing under the sub category tabs. This has been reported over. Thanks.

Basic Grill: Teriyaki Skewers
Basic Stove: Raviolis
Basic Oven: Baked Pears

Heads up when you do the side goal dishes. You also get collectables for new goal ovens.

AnnirasSweets
09-04-18, 03:35 PM
EDIT: Players were requesting this info moved to the first page. Finally noticed I had posted near the top so figured I could try to help the situation.

Bacon Me Crazy ? 15 Days
*many thanks to the other players who have contributed their info.. I do apologise if I missed out anything.*

1) Bacon Me Crazy
Buy 8 Bacon Wallpapers @$10,000 / each
Buy 12 Mosai-cons @ 9,000 / each

2) The Road Not Bacon
Build 3 Bacon Presses @ $39,000 / each. (1 free)
Parts Required: x28 Bacon Rose & x12 Bacon Salt
Serve 15 Bacon Roses (1 hr)

3) Bacon By Force
Serve 15 Turkey Bacons (2 hrs)
Buy 2 Framed Bacons @ $25,000 / each (wall decor)

4) History In The Bacon
Serve 15 Fake-cons (4 hrs)
Buy 1 of any floor decor

5) Don?t Go Bacon My Heart
Build 3 Bacon Fryers @ $ 42,000 / each. (1 free)
Parts Required: x32 Pre-Bacon & x40 Bacon Grease
Serve 15 Maple Bacon Donuts (5 hrs)

6) Bae-Con
Visit 12 Community Members
Leave 12 Tips
Have 2 Woven Bacon Counters @ $17,000 / each

7) Just Trying to Bacon Structive
Serve 15 Bacon Cannoli (7 hrs)
Have 1 Bacon Mascot display @ $22,000 / each

8) So Hot It's Bacon
Have 4 Twisted Bacon Tables @ $15,000 / each
Have 4 Bacon Chairs @ $19,000 / each

9) Achin' For Bacon
Serve 12 Chocolate Covered Bacon (10 hrs)
Have 1 Bacon Display @ $35,000 / each

Prize: Bacon Festival 4x3 - 1 Free @ 65gem Value

*pic taken from Juey_'s post #107*

Side Goal (opens same time as main goal AND drop collectible parts)

1) Bacon! Part One
Serve x10 Raviolis (Stove ? 3 hrs)
Serve x10 Baked Pears (Oven ? 8 hrs)
Serve x10 Teriyaki Skewers (Grill ? 1 hr)

2) Bacon! Part Two
Serve x15 Raviolis (Stove ? 3 hrs)
Serve x15 Baked Pears (Oven ? 8 hrs)
Serve x15 Teriyaki Skewers (Grill ? 1 hr)

3) Bacon! Part Three
Serve x20 Raviolis (Stove ? 3 hrs)
Serve x20 Baked Pears (Oven ? 8 hrs)
Serve x20 Teriyaki Skewers (Grill ? 1 hr)

Prize: Central Picnic 4x4 (floor decor)

Note: Continue cooking the recipes after completing this goal as you can still obtain collectibles to redeem parts for the second appliance! (credit info from abusybee and sandylbaum!)

loranna23
09-04-18, 03:45 PM
Heads up: you must use the basic stoves for items to drop, the nice one tap stoves give nothing. Looks like I wasted my time builing the express cookers. The required recipes are only available by searching all, no categories.

LIDA3209
09-04-18, 04:00 PM
Don’t think it’s fair to only have basic appliances drop collectibles. We spent good money(coins) to purchase faster appliances, we shouldn’t be penalized for using them. I’m hoping that when the recipe is completed we do get some collectibles. Don’t want to have to go back to using the basic tap forever appliances.
Just completed the skewers on my grill- not the basic one and did get collectibles when the recipe dropped. Thanks S8

minxys_
09-04-18, 04:38 PM
I'm surprised they are still using this new goal format. The previous goal the forums were full of players saying they dislike it due to the many parts, and for the current bakery story goal too exact same thing about the collectibles goal. Why would they continue making goals that make players upset???

AnnirasSweets
09-04-18, 04:46 PM
Heads up: you must use the basic stoves for items to drop, the nice one tap stoves give nothing. Looks like I wasted my time builing the express cookers. The required recipes are only available by searching all, no categories.

I just got the Pink Salt Shaker when I served the Ravioli from my Easy Stove and the Turkey when I started a Ravioli on my Sonic Stove.

Weenietots
09-04-18, 04:59 PM
I don't either, honestly. I'm quitting, not that it matters. And certainly with a pang of regret after 5 years and spending real cash, but this format really blows.

bravewarrior
09-04-18, 05:29 PM
I found the skewers on the grill easily. The baked pears (bake = oven?) and ravioli (I cook mine on a stove top) are a mystery. I have a Droid and I don't see them anywhere; looked several times to be sure. Is it a different oven?

loranna23
09-04-18, 05:39 PM
You have to scroll quite a bit but its there. I also checked for the difference between using the easy cooker versus regular ones, I got three items from the 3 taps to prepare the food so we do get *****ed out for the chance to get multiple items by using the one tap cookers. It seems to be random on if you get an item per tap but still more taps equals more chances. Just one more reason to dislike this new system.:(

minxys_
09-04-18, 06:25 PM
anyone have part two for the side goal?

obsording
09-04-18, 06:27 PM
I found the skewers on the grill easily. The baked pears (bake = oven?) and ravioli (I cook mine on a stove top) are a mystery. I have a Droid and I don't see them anywhere; looked several times to be sure. Is it a different oven?

Same here, at first. None of them seem to show up for me in the Breakfast/Lunch/etc tabs. I had to use the All tab. I'm on iOS, so hopefully the recipe order isn't different, but I did find them.

Hopefully when I say "window" it makes sense that I mean the sets of three recipes that show up as you're scrolling through recipes. E.g., French Toast is on the first window of the Basic Stove, and Fruit Salad is on the second.

Basic Grill: Teriyaki Skewers (1h) = 4th window
Basic Stove: Raviolis (3h) = 16th window
Basic Oven: Baked Pears (8h) = 16th window

G4OU812
09-04-18, 06:38 PM
I haven't started this goal so I want to know how many parts are required for the 1st appliance?

loranna23
09-04-18, 06:46 PM
28 bacon rose and 12 bacon salt

G4OU812
09-04-18, 06:47 PM
Thank you.

MissTwilight99
09-04-18, 07:21 PM
Collectibles DO drop when using the Easy appliances, but just once because its only one tap. If you want lots of collectibles its probably time to bring out those dusty old Basic appliances. Lol

baracudabistro
09-04-18, 07:25 PM
While you're waiting for the pears to cook keep making the teriyaki. Even if you've got the required 10 you still get the collectibles.😉

sandylbaum
09-04-18, 07:27 PM
EDL since you started this thread will you be updating post 1 with the steps?

Marischa764
09-04-18, 07:55 PM
I dson't see Raviollis, neither Baked PEars on basic stoves/ovens, nor on easy stoves/ovens

Ah, finally found first on easy oven then on basic oven

brwnsuga8
09-04-18, 08:04 PM
Same here, at first. None of them seem to show up for me in the Breakfast/Lunch/etc tabs. I had to use the All tab. I'm on iOS, so hopefully the recipe order isn't different, but I did find them.

Hopefully when I say "window" it makes sense that I mean the sets of three recipes that show up as you're scrolling through recipes. E.g., French Toast is on the first window of the Basic Stove, and Fruit Salad is on the second.

Basic Grill: Teriyaki Skewers (1h) = 4th window
Basic Stove: Raviolis (3h) = 16th window
Basic Oven: Baked Pears (8h) = 16th window

Thank you for this detailed info on how to find the recipes. I thought I was going a little crazy when I couldn't find them. I've already mastered them and yet they miraculously had disappeared :confused:

I will say that, although I like aspects of the new format, the way to get parts isn't going to work for me for long. Tapping hundreds of times while cooking on stove, then putting in storage and then taking them out again to live to tap for another day is madness.

Plus, my wrists are ****ing me ! AND I work full-time and have a life to live. They need another strategy to invigorate the game. Giving us carpal tunnel isn't the way to go. lol

islandgirl5458
09-04-18, 08:05 PM
You have to search for the recipe under the "all tab." You can't find it under the breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert tab.

islandgirl5458
09-04-18, 08:12 PM
You don't need to put the Appliance in storage. All you have to do is tap on it again and it'll give you the option of cooking something else at which time you can get collectibles. But you do not have to put the appliance in storage which would obviously be too time consuming. I call this the "cook and dump" method which is the way to get a lot of collectibles without having to spend too much money and waiting for forever for your neighbors to give you the part you need.

Ilovetodesign
09-04-18, 08:20 PM
Amyone know what part 2 is? I live where that Hurricane Gordon is. Power has gone off a couple times. So, I lose accesss to this.

pixiegamer
09-04-18, 09:12 PM
Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh nope. Not doing these goals 🙃

I'm all for themes based around ingredients, as I think it can inspire some real creativity sometimes, but this just feels like it's trying way too hard with the decor, furniture, and even the parts.

I'm still adjusting to the new goal format, but the theme of this goal is not enough incentive for me to try it out for the next 15 days to get prizes and buy items that look childish and frankly ridiculous. I could see the Bacon Mascot as a character for Halloween (maybe placed next to a Werewolf character just for laughs), but honestly, what was the intent behind the design of these prizes?

I like to earn prizes to actually place in my restaurant and design with. These feel like they were thrown together as a last minute purely to give players something for progressing through the goals.

I really hope the designers go back to the drawing board, or draw on some theme suggestions for future themes. This really feels like something no one would've asked for 😕

AnnirasSweets
09-04-18, 09:14 PM
I've found the drops from the other ovens have sped up the collectible process for me this time. So now that I've already finished two goals like this and know I can do it, I've decided to let this one play out naturally. I'm not wasting time dumping food just to finish a few days early. I suspect newer/lower level players may not have such an easy go of it and I fully understand their wanting to dump. But long timers likely have more than enough regular ovens to get parts from that dumping isn't required which is a relief to me. It didn't really fit into my style of playing which is to put recipes on and then come back when they're done. I spend very little time in game other than switching foods so sitting there for an hour and tapping was not for me.

You don't need to put the Appliance in storage. All you have to do is tap on it again and it'll give you the option of cooking something else at which time you can get collectibles. But you do not have to put the appliance in storage which would obviously be too time consuming. I call this the "cook and dump" method which is the way to get a lot of collectibles without having to spend too much money and waiting for forever for your neighbors to give you the part you need.

Yes, but that only works when you've unlocked more than one recipe on an oven. If you want to do the recipe dumping on the Bacon Press to get enough collectibles to build the required 3, you do in fact have to store it. It won't let you cancel the Bacon Roses unless you have another recipe to select as a replacement so storing is necessary. Not really needed now that the Side Goal recipes are dropping collectibles but it's best to know these things for future.

Rynetory2
09-04-18, 10:18 PM
Please take note:

You can find these recipes under ALL tab. They are missing under the sub category tabs. This has been reported over. Thanks.

Basic Grill: Teriyaki Skewers
Basic Stove: Raviolis
Basic Oven: Baked Pears

tagliatele
09-04-18, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know what the 2nd part of the side goal is?? 🤔

obsording
09-04-18, 11:11 PM
Thank you for this detailed info on how to find the recipes. I thought I was going a little crazy when I couldn't find them. I've already mastered them and yet they miraculously had disappeared :confused:

I will say that, although I like aspects of the new format, the way to get parts isn't going to work for me for long. Tapping hundreds of times while cooking on stove, then putting in storage and then taking them out again to live to tap for another day is madness.

Plus, my wrists are ****ing me ! AND I work full-time and have a life to live. They need another strategy to invigorate the game. Giving us carpal tunnel isn't the way to go. lol

Happy to help :) Yeah, I thought I was losing it too. This tabbed gift & recipe system is a fine idea but poorly & barely implemented.

Agreed. Love not having to wait for nbrs, but not ready to set aside an hour to grind my way to a single oven. I didn't know this was going to turn into that kind of tapping game.

I'd started to count in BS before I couldn't anymore. 33 clicks to get to the oven, 2-3 to put one down, 5 to start a dish (unless you're doing multiple ovens at once in which case it's 7 each), 6 to cancel & switch (one at a time, else 8), etc... But if you only have one recipe unlocked you have to store the oven, which means 33 more clicks, 2-3 to put one down... Blaaaugh. And that's not including mis-clicks. To make it more of a grind, we're given uneven collectibles (eg I have 3 of one & 23 of another, which means I can make only 3 parts).

lol, live to tap another day for the invigorating experience of carpal tunnel is right.
And by right I mean wrong, Storm8.

grumpwitch
09-04-18, 11:36 PM
side goal part 2:
15 ravioli (basic stove 3hrs), 15 baked pear (8 hrs, basic oven), 15 teriyaki (1hr, grill)

Juey_
09-05-18, 12:17 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47225&stc=1&d=1536131695
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47226&stc=1&d=1536131707
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47227&stc=1&d=1536131727

Juey_
09-05-18, 12:19 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47228&stc=1&d=1536131871
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47229&stc=1&d=1536131884
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47230&stc=1&d=1536131894

Juey_
09-05-18, 12:22 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47231&stc=1&d=1536131999
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47232&stc=1&d=1536132016
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47233&stc=1&d=1536132029

Final SideGoal Prize, Central Park.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47234&stc=1&d=1536132408

Juey_
09-05-18, 12:26 AM
Not doing the side goal this time

yayakanaya123
09-05-18, 12:42 AM

mkj99
09-05-18, 12:45 AM
Not doing the side goal this time

Cooking in the side goal gives collectible goal parts :D

LIDA3209
09-05-18, 12:48 AM
Does anyone know what the 2nd part of the side goal is?? 🤔

Part 2 of the side goal is exactly the same as part 1

Juey_
09-05-18, 01:17 AM
Cooking in the side goal gives collectible goal parts :D

Well, thank you... I guess have to do it for the Parts as I don't need the Prize.

Juey_
09-05-18, 01:19 AM

Part 2 of the side goal is exactly the same as part 1

This is gonna make it more easy doing the side goal!

eeveldoll
09-05-18, 01:28 AM
EDL since you started this thread will you be updating post 1 with the steps?

Agreed.. or otherwise, please please please can a mod assist in attaching all the photos to the first post? A lot of players have posted their complaints/comments regarding the goal, and the progress pictures/information gets buried in between hundreds of posts. If a mod could help with that, it would really be much appreciated... Thank you.

EdiiLouise
09-05-18, 01:46 AM
Yeah sure but if a mod or someone else is further than me in the goals then I'm sure they can help you out. I'm still on side 1 of goals and the second part of the goal (building the stoves) however I'll do my best guys

sandylbaum
09-05-18, 02:06 AM
Yeah sure but if a mod or someone else is further than me in the goals then I'm sure they can help you out. I'm still on side 1 of goals and the second part of the goal (building the stoves) however I'll do my best guys
You can use the information others provide to update post 1.

twospoons
09-05-18, 02:24 AM
You can use the information others provide to update post 1.

Yes, pretty please EDL! It's so much more convenient for those who need info.

As for the goals, I like that they're still kicking it around to see what works. The 1st stove free was great. I like that they added collectibles to side goal recipes (the glitch in the recipes is just a growing pain, I figure they'll get it right next time). I'll see if I end up progressing faster this way, I guess.

But I have to agree with pixiegamer, the design this time is doing nothing for me. The guy in a bacon costume is dumb, and the rest is uninspired. I guess the central park rerelease for the side goals is nice for some, it's a good piece and 4x4, but I had 2 already from the first goal it came in ages ago and the first time it was rereleased as a prize for downloading another game.

LIDA3209
09-05-18, 04:59 AM
I know that part 1 & part 2 of the side goal are the same- except it?s 10of each for part 1 & 15 of each recipe for the 2nd part. Is anyone up to part 3? Is this part the same too?

adreamdeferred
09-05-18, 05:11 AM
Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh nope. Not doing these goals 

I like to earn prizes to actually place in my restaurant and design with. These feel like they were thrown together as a last minute purely to give players something for progressing through the goals.

I really hope the designers go back to the drawing board, or draw on some theme suggestions for future themes. This really feels like something no one would've asked for 

I agree. I love me some bacon but I don't see this theme as great decor that could go with a restaurant theme. Like shark week, I loved that one because my restaurant is currently sea-themed. I wish they would do a fall one, or more holiday themed goals! :-)

I am not a huge fan of the new "collectibles" goal layout either

pixiegamer
09-05-18, 07:39 AM

As others have said, you can still edit your first post to include goal steps. It doesn't have to be your progress; you can 'Reply with Quote' to goal steps here, copy the quote, and paste it back into your first post.

Hope that helps :)

Halilady
09-05-18, 08:35 AM
Just got to part 2 but it isthe same as the fist!! Is that correct? I also am using easy ovens and have receives some collectibles and wondered whether I was missing out on more of them if I used the regular ovens, will try and see how much difference it makes. But is part 2 same as part 1?? Help

LIDA3209
09-05-18, 09:12 AM
Just got to part 2 but it isthe same as the fist!! Is that correct? I also am using easy ovens and have receives some collectibles and wondered whether I was missing out on more of them if I used the regular ovens, will try and see how much difference it makes. But is part 2 same as part 1?? Help

Regular appliances get you more collectibles, I tried both easy & regular ovens, there definitely is a big difference. The side goal has 3 parts, each part has the same recipes. The only difference is that in PART1- you cook 10of each recipe, for PART 2- you cook 15 of each recipe and for PART 3 it’s 20 of each recipe. Hope this helps you

kimtoos2
09-05-18, 10:24 AM
HI EVERYONE!!! I Am Way happier with this goal!!! Actually planned on just starting 1st oven to get new foods and skip Side And 2nd. The BS goal was defeating me and like alot I finish normally with days to spare, still not sure if I'll finish there. So figured that was it for me.
I Too use easy appliances cuz tapping starts to hurt But realized this am to try the regular and voila more parts, lol. I Actually held off the baked pears as was afraid once I finished part 1, the extra collectables would disappear so planned to start the pears this am and have 8 more hrs to get alot, ha ha. I also dont care for the "bacon" stuff but haven't seen the prizes yet. And honestly just store most as S8 usually does prizes different than season anyway! I have been playing 3 yrs so have missed alot of the appliances and prizes from before so I'm ok with that! YOU longtimers have some Cool stuff!!!

So, thank you S8 for making Goal more alot more doable and enjoyable again. Not estatic but much happier!!! And Huge Kudos for the Moderators and ppl who help in here. Hope the nbrs who planned to quit will try 1 more time 1st!!

fishstickandeggs
09-05-18, 11:44 AM

I’ve never added to forums before but I definitely relied on them when I started trying goals. I don’t see part two for the main goal yet so I thought I’d add it...

obsording
09-05-18, 12:19 PM
Well, thank you... I guess have to do it for the Parts as I don't need the Prize.

Noooo, don't do it! I mean, you don't have to. Starting & cancelling Teriyaki Skewers sucks, but it does eventually get you parts via Collectibles. Or you can cook endless skewers & forget the other 2. I don't yet know if completing the side goals gets you a heap of parts as a reward. But I support anyone's efforts at working around or avoiding uninspiring goals.

Lilliepaddd
09-05-18, 12:40 PM
So is it going to be like from now on!?! After goals what do we gift each other? Those previous parts seem obsolete now except side goals which mainly require basic parts. I'm not a fan of cooking and dumping. Sigh!

mamimari
09-05-18, 12:53 PM

yodahead11
09-05-18, 01:30 PM
They state that you will get multiple parts by using stoves well I beg to differ.... More than half of the time you do not get anything at all even on the stoves for the goal its a rip off. They noticed on the last goal they were giving to many mugs on the stoves so they decreased the number of items you get on these stoves. I just put to cook on three stoves the bacon roses and got nothing at all from them!!! Come on do you really want us to quit playing????

Juey_
09-05-18, 03:36 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47256&stc=1&d=1536186881

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47257&stc=1&d=1536186893
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47258&stc=1&d=1536186912

Juey_
09-05-18, 03:40 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47259&stc=1&d=1536187043

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47260&stc=1&d=1536187057
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47261&stc=1&d=1536187076
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47262&stc=1&d=1536187088

LinkinPark92
09-05-18, 04:25 PM
I can make them on the easy oven/stove/grill.

But i?m not sure if that will earn less bacon parts

olive72
09-05-18, 06:17 PM
Side Goal - Bacon : Part 3
- Serve 20 Raviolis (3 Hrs. , Basic Stove)
- Serve 20 Baked Pears (8 Hrs. , Basic Oven)
- Serve 20 Teriyaki Skewers (1 Hr. , Basic Grill)

Breejan1987
09-05-18, 06:55 PM
Why is the first post not being updated with the goals?

grumpwitch
09-05-18, 10:40 PM
Don't go bacon my heart - BACON FRYER
get 1free 32 PRE-BACON / 40 BACON GREASE
build 3 bacon fryers/serve 15 bacon donuts (5hrs)

1977ROI
09-06-18, 01:41 AM
Thankyou so much for this info i was searching for it.....well i know many of fellow players aren't doing the goal...but i still i found it interesting after some time.so its good.love to have cute halloween goals not too creepy and loads of thanksgiving goal
have a great day🍁🍂🎃🎄

EdiiLouise
09-06-18, 03:17 AM
Why is the first post not being updated with the goals?

Because I haven't finished the bacon roses part yet!! I've been major busy

rita6834
09-06-18, 04:38 AM
Don't go bacon my heart - BACON FRYER
get 1free 32 PRE-BACON / 40 BACON GREASE
build 3 bacon fryers/serve 15 bacon donuts (5hrs)

Thank you very much for this post!

twospoons
09-06-18, 07:28 AM
Those who can't update, using info from other players in the thread, shouldn't first post.

I've decided maybe I like the final prize (a pig-shaped food truck, if you haven't looked in your design tab yet), if the size ends up being sort of in line with the food truck festival from a few goals ago.

sgoetzinger99
09-06-18, 12:01 PM
Thank you, twospoons. The subject of starting goal threads and not updating them has been discussed extensively, but apparently a "refresher course" is necessary.

grumpwitch
09-06-18, 12:32 PM
Sorry, thought I was helping, technologically challenged, using an old device of my hubby's since my tablet died.

marylou15
09-06-18, 12:33 PM
The difference I have noticed is, in Bs getting drops are fewer then Rs. If they going to keep it this way, they should make the drops same as Rs. I don’t mind the change, just make Bs drops same as Rs and we are good. Change is good... sometimes lol

sandylbaum
09-06-18, 02:14 PM
Sorry, thought I was helping, technologically challenged, using an old device of my hubby's since my tablet died.

You did help, thank you! The frustration is with people who start goal threads and then do not keep the first post updated with information supplied by helpful people like you!

grumpwitch
09-06-18, 03:13 PM
You did help, thank you! The frustration is with people who start goal threads and then do not keep the first post updated with information supplied by helpful people like you!

Thanks for that! I did try to post on the first page but like I said am not exactly savvy...:-D

twospoons
09-06-18, 05:11 PM
Thanks for that! I did try to post on the first page but like I said am not exactly savvy...:-D

Not a problem of you being savvy, either. Posts go at the end of the thread--if you had already posted when the goal was 1st released, you could have edited your own post (which is what we want first posters to do), but there is no way for a person to add an entirely new post to page 1.

But yes, we do appreciate the info being added! Thank you!

eeveldoll
09-06-18, 06:46 PM
Bacon Me Crazy ? 15 Days
*many thanks to the other players who have contributed their info.. I do apologise if I missed out anything.*

1) Bacon Me Crazy

2) The Road Not Bacon

3) Bacon By Force

4) History In The Bacon
Buy 1 of any floor decor

6) Bae-Con
Leave 12 Tips
Have 2 Woven Bacon Counters @ $17,000 / each

7) Just Trying to Bacon Structive
Serve 15 Bacon Cannoli (7 hrs)
Have 1 Bacon Mascot display @ $22,000 / each

8)
Have 4 Tables
Have 4 Chairs

9)
Serve 12 Chocolate Covered Bacon (10 hrs)
Have 1 ..

Prize:

1) Bacon! Part One

2) Bacon! Part Two

3) Bacon! Part Three

Note: Continue cooking the recipes after completing this goal as you can still obtain collectibles to redeem parts for the second appliance! (credit info from abusybee and sandylbaum!)

eeveldoll
09-06-18, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if you still can obtain the collectibles from the basic appliances after completing the side goal? Do we have to cook the same recipes?

abusybee
09-06-18, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know if you still can obtain the collectibles from the basic appliances after completing the side goal? Do we have to cook the same recipes?

I tried it with the teriyaki skewers on the grill and I had collectibles drop AFTER I had completed the side goal. I didn’t try it with the other two recipes.

sandylbaum
09-06-18, 09:00 PM
As stated above, yes the ovens continue to produce the bacon appliances collectibles after you complete the side goal. Yes you do have to cook 1 of the three side goal dishes to get these collectibles.

eeveldoll
09-06-18, 11:09 PM
As stated above, yes the ovens continue to produce the bacon appliances collectibles after you complete the side goal. Yes you do have to cook 1 of the three side goal dishes to get these collectibles.

I tried it with the teriyaki skewers on the grill and I had collectibles drop AFTER I had completed the side goal. I didn’t try it with the other two recipes.

Thanks, guys! At least the collectibles can be collected for the second appliance while still finishing the recipes on the first appliance.

lapandilla
09-07-18, 03:15 AM
I use the never spoiling appliances and get the same results.

Juey_
09-07-18, 03:49 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47283&stc=1&d=1536317220

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47284&stc=1&d=1536317230
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47285&stc=1&d=1536317241
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47286&stc=1&d=1536317258

Juey_
09-07-18, 03:51 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47287&stc=1&d=1536317375
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47288&stc=1&d=1536317386
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47289&stc=1&d=1536317400

Juey_
09-07-18, 03:59 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47290&stc=1&d=1536317490

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47291&stc=1&d=1536317503
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47292&stc=1&d=1536317519
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47293&stc=1&d=1536317536
"Continue cooking these side goal recipes in require of Collectibles Parts for the new appliances."

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47294&stc=1&d=1536317548

Final SideGoal Prize, Central Park.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47234&stc=1&d=1536132408

ladysurvivor
09-07-18, 09:16 AM
What floor decorations are you guys buying to fulfill the "Buy any floor decoration" requirement? Nothing I buy counts! Do we really have to spend gems to progress? HELP!

Keddy30103
09-07-18, 09:39 AM
What floor decorations are you guys buying to fulfill the "Buy any floor decoration" requirement? Nothing I buy counts! Do we really have to spend gems to progress? HELP!

What's cooking on your 1st appliance when you try to purchase the 1 floor decoration? Is it Turkey Bacon or Fake-Con?

bravewarrior
09-07-18, 09:39 AM
It's a game. Just have fun.

EdiiLouise
09-07-18, 09:43 AM
Chocolate covered bacon sounds gross!!

EdiiLouise
09-07-18, 09:44 AM

Any floor decoration but make sure you don't already have it. I always add that white divider and it counts

sandylbaum
09-07-18, 10:23 AM
Any floor decoration but make sure you don't already have it. I always add that white divider and it counts

EDL why are you not updating the first post? The person who starts goal threads is suppose to keep it updated.

ladysurvivor
09-07-18, 11:10 AM
What's cooking on your 1st appliance when you try to purchase the 1 floor decoration? Is it Turkey Bacon or Fake-Con?
I started the Fake-cons, then tried to buy the floor decoration.

ladysurvivor
09-07-18, 11:16 AM
If that's the case, I'm going to have to sell something in order to buy it back because I literally own every thing that can be purchased with coins. That would explain why I had to buy something with gems on this step with both these goals. And there's not a lot of decorations left that I can purchase with gems left either. If they are going to force us to buy a never-before-purchased item to fulfill a step, then they need to supply us with a new item TO purchase.

EdiiLouise
09-07-18, 12:44 PM
EDL why are you not updating the first post? The person who starts goal threads is suppose to keep it updated.

47308 I'm only at this stage :(

sandylbaum
09-07-18, 12:47 PM
The person who starts goal threads needs to keep it updated with information supplied by others.

vbs555
09-07-18, 01:35 PM
Really HATE this goal. Going on too long with too many parts and too many appliances.Seems NEVER ENDING

twospoons
09-07-18, 03:08 PM
Chocolate covered bacon sounds gross!!

Ditto! Bacon cannoli too. I love bacon, but adding it to everything has never appealed to me.

Citrie
09-07-18, 04:41 PM
I dislike the new format of goals because the little items dropping and popping up the flashing collectible drop-down window will often crash my game on my phone. So I am having to constantly restart my game, do-over lost progress, often get another crash, repeat. That will drive me to quit more than anything else. It takes so much time to play now due to the items dropping and crashing my game.

I don't mind them adding new stuff to the game or new ideas- but the rest of the game needs tweaking and updating as well imo.

sheloco
09-07-18, 04:58 PM
I actually like the new format. I can get parts without relying on neighbors. It goes faster as you go along. And I’ve been able to complete them with time to spare. (I do spend 2 gems to get past the third appliance on the step where you have to build 3.) I like that it is something different and new. Change is not always fun at first, but when given a chance, good can be found in it.

eeveldoll
09-07-18, 07:02 PM

Please refer to my post #69 where I have copied out the info from others. All you have to do is click 'Reply with Quote', COPY my post, and PASTE it in your Post #1. PLEASE update it with info given by others as they progress along. All you need to do is click "Edit Post", and just type the info in.

A lot of players will appreciate you updating the first post, rather than scrolling through hundreds of posts. :)

sgoetzinger99
09-07-18, 07:26 PM
Please refer to my post #69 where I have copied out the info from others. All you have to do is click 'Reply with Quote', COPY my post, and PASTE it in your Post #1. PLEASE update it with info given by others as they progress along. All you need to do is click "Edit Post", and just type the info in.

A lot of players will appreciate you updating the first post, rather than scrolling through hundreds of posts. :)

Amen! The obvious alternative is that, if you don’t intend to update the first post, please do Not start the goal thread.
Juey is wonderful about posting the steps, but she can’t add them to the first post if you have started it.

happyday5
09-08-18, 07:26 AM
Cannoli is 7 hours
Chocolate covered bacon is 10 hours

Bacon Me Crazy ? 15 Days

1) Bacon Me Crazy

2) The Road Not Bacon

3) Bacon By Force

4) History In The Bacon
Buy 1 of any floor decor

6)
Leave 12 Tips
Have 2 Bacon Weave Counters

7)
Serve 15 Bacon Cannoli
Have 1 ? display

8)
Have 4 Tables
Have 4 Chairs

9)
Serve 12 Chocolate Covered Bacon
Have 1 ..

Prize:

1) Bacon! Part One

2) Bacon! Part Two

3) Bacon! Part Three

Jojocl141587
09-08-18, 07:47 AM
I actually like the new format. I can get parts without relying on neighbors. It goes faster as you go along. And I’ve been able to complete them with time to spare. (I do spend 2 gems to get past the third appliance on the step where you have to build 3.) I like that it is something different and new. Change is not always fun at first, but when given a chance, good can be found in it.

At first I hated it, but I have to agree, I'm liking the new format now. Especially if they keep it to where side goal recipes drop collectibles. I can work with it. I finish a day or so later than I normally do but I'm okay with that because I was finishing with about a week left. I still have plenty of time to get my coinage back up. Which btw with this new format my coins have been much higher than with the previous 15 day goal format.

Keddy30103
09-08-18, 09:00 AM
I started the Fake-cons, then tried to buy the floor decoration.

I was thinking maybe it wasn't counting because you jumped ahead of the steps. But you didn't. This forum gives us info about steps I haven't reached yet. I've done things in advance before and found out they didn't count. But you didn't do that.

When a new goal starts I look in every tab to see the new stuff. I got excited about an awesome wall decoration a while back and bought 4 of them. When I actually reached the step of buy 2 my previous purchase had not counted at all. Good thing I really liked them because I have 6 now LOL

People are saying you have to buy something you don't already have but that's not the case for me. This time I bought 2 tables and I already had 4. I had to put the original 4 out so I could buy the 2 more. Then I stored all 6 until I redecorate. The 2 I bought a couple of days ago counted towards the goal. I'm Android in case it makes any difference.

Juey_
09-08-18, 09:08 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47317&stc=1&d=1536422734

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47318&stc=1&d=1536422746
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47319&stc=1&d=1536422761
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47320&stc=1&d=1536422773

Juey_
09-08-18, 09:09 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47321&stc=1&d=1536422921
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47322&stc=1&d=1536422933

eeveldoll
09-08-18, 10:05 AM
Cannoli is 7 hours
Chocolate covered bacon is 10 hours

Thanks! I?ve updated my post along with info from the pics posted by Juey. Hopefully the mod or EDL could copy my post #69 and paste it in the first post and update it accordingly. Not much left to update except for the second last prize and final prize!

EdiiLouise
09-08-18, 11:19 AM
The person who starts goal threads needs to keep it updated with information supplied by others.

Sorry. May a new person take charge next time

tagliatele
09-08-18, 02:05 PM
The piggy bacon display is soo cute! ❤️🐷🥓

AnnirasSweets
09-08-18, 04:33 PM
While not the OP of this thread, I did post right after so I went ahead and added the goal info to my post in the hopes of helping.

Faithtastic
09-08-18, 10:47 PM
I've been playing this game for since it was released years ago. I've never given up on completing on a goal until day. These mini parts to earn a part is ridiculous. I'm reconsidering the game. Does anyone else feel those way. For the record, I've played since 2009.

pixiegamer
09-08-18, 11:44 PM
Moderator Warning

All,

A number of recent posts on this thread have been off-topic and inflammatory, and have been moderated. Please note that the following IS against forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-(1-16-12)):

- Creation of disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail the thread, insulting other posters, etc.

To prevent this in the future: if you start the thread, please intend to update the first post. Goal threads are a community effort, and everyone benefits when shared information about the goals and prizes is more easily accessible. And because it is a community effort, the updates do not need to be your own if you started the thread - you can update your post with information others have shared via quoting and editing.

Moving forward, the Mods will also be more discerning about which threads to sticky to prevent this situation from reoccurring.

With regards to this thread: AnnirasSweets has updated the second post (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105940-GOAL-Bacon-Me-Crazy-2018-Sep-4&p=1538253&viewfull=1#post1538253) of this thread with the goal info. (Thank you!)

Please keep the remainder of the conversation on this thread civil and directed towards the topic of the goal. Continued off-topic or incendiary remarks may result in a closing of this thread.

--Mod PG

eeveldoll
09-09-18, 06:06 PM
While not the OP of this thread, I did post right after so I went ahead and added the goal info to my post in the hopes of helping.

Thank you very much for updating! No worries, even as the second post, we can still view it on the first page!

Juey_
09-10-18, 04:02 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47360&stc=1&d=1536577242

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47361&stc=1&d=1536577252
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47362&stc=1&d=1536577265
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47363&stc=1&d=1536577279

Juey_
09-10-18, 04:06 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47364&stc=1&d=1536577401
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47365&stc=1&d=1536577415
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47366&stc=1&d=1536577435

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47367&stc=1&d=1536577444

Jojocl141587
09-10-18, 07:13 AM
I do like the prices for these recipes aren't outrageous.

twospoons
09-10-18, 11:32 AM

Awesome! Thank you!

Also, I am still only on the 1st recipe. It's so much harder to play when you're on vacation, even when your vacation is a lot of sitting around!

kayjco
09-10-18, 11:37 AM

Thank you. It?s a big help!

I?m glad that the moderators will be putting threads that update the first post in the sticky section. I hope that will happen in BS, too.

It seems that we cannot use apostrophes any longer. They get turned into question marks.

AnnirasSweets
09-10-18, 06:50 PM
Thank you. It?s a big help!

I?m glad that the moderators will be putting threads that update the first post in the sticky section. I hope that will happen in BS, too.

It seems that we cannot use apostrophes any longer. They get turned into question marks.

If your 's are being switched to ?s and you're on an iOS device, you'll have to go into your settings and turn off a feature called "Smart Punctuation." It's a relatively new feature they added a while ago that only ever caused trouble, so don't worry about losing anything by switching it off.

keithasimon
09-11-18, 10:46 AM
Nope...its quite fine with me because I dont get a lot of help from my neighbors. This is the first...n I mean "FIRST"...time that I'm able to get near to part 8 of a quest. (Response to #103)

Jojocl141587
09-11-18, 05:45 PM
Nope...its quite fine with me because I dont get a lot of help from my neighbors. This is the first...n I mean "FIRST"...time that I'm able to get near to part 8 of a quest. (Response to #103)

Sounds like you need to get some new neighbors my friend.

Jojocl141587
09-12-18, 06:39 PM
For those wondering about the size of the final prize compared to the two food trucks here’s a pic.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47419&d=1536802736 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47419&d=1536802736)

twospoons
09-12-18, 07:53 PM
Much appreciated jojocl141587!

"Oinkinator" -- yeah, okay, it turns out I do think it's cute. Think I'll put out a farmers market with a food truck section soon!

keithasimon
09-13-18, 01:55 PM
Sounds like you need to get some new neighbors my friend.

Lol...hmmmmm u may be very right!!
Send me some n let's hope that they help me as much as I help them. Cos a lot of ppl always want help but dont give any.

shelbycatc
09-13-18, 03:34 PM
Im with you minxys. The new goal method is awful. Unless tney change it bskc,, I am done with goals. I havd even quit playi.g daily. It used to be a fun game, but trying the last two goals was so frustrating I quit the goal and only sent parts to neighbors who still kept trudging on poor dears!

kimtoos2
09-14-18, 10:18 AM
Hi All, here's my 10cents! Since S8 added collectables in the side goal recipes its Much Better!!! Hated the BS one, barely made it. LOVED the food truck!!! And actually the guy!! I finished my normal time, week ahead so can coast, build something different. Still prefer old style but ok with this.

MissTwilight99
09-14-18, 07:50 PM
Hi All, here's my 10cents! Since S8 added collectables in the side goal recipes its Much Better!!! Hated the BS one, barely made it. LOVED the food truck!!! And actually the guy!! I finished my normal time, week ahead so can coast, build something different. Still prefer old style but ok with this.

Totally agree with you!!! I still prefer the old style too but having the collectibles with side dishes made it a lot easier.

kimtoos2
09-19-18, 12:58 PM
I Just went to get All my Collectables that I've been saving up And Their Gone????!!!!! THOUGHT WE HAD TILL TOMORROW!!!! What is going on!! That is Just Wrong!!

kimtoos2
09-19-18, 01:00 PM
I Just Lost All My Collectables, Why!.!?!?!?

EdiiLouise
09-19-18, 01:14 PM
I Just Lost All My Collectables, Why!.!?!?!?

Because the old goal expired and the new goal is starting tomorrow