PDA

View Full Version : COMMUNITY EVENT: Fairy Fun - 2018 Aug 31 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
08-30-18, 11:40 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47050

How to play?
- Earn up to 500 points by raising a Vinedancer to level 10
- Hatching animals from your Nest
- Harvesting food at your Farms
- Evolving your animals
- Breeding your animals (2x Bonus from breeding during this event!)
- Obtaining the Shimmerseed or the Shimmersprout
- Digging in the Mine

Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Shimmerseed : 75 glimmerseeds
Second Prize: Ampeater (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453346&viewfull=1#post1453346) : 450 glimmerseeds
Third Prize: Shimmersprout : 1,250 glimmerseeds
Fourth Prize: Masqueraid (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1537492&viewfull=1#post1537492) : 2,000 glimmerseeds
Fifth Prize: Feyknight (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1537491&viewfull=1#post1537491) : 3,200 glimmerseeds

Community Prizes
(unlocks at 1,500 - meaning once you have collected 1,500 glimmerseeds, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Unicornicopia (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454265&viewfull=1#post1454265) : 10,900,000 glimmerseeds
Second Prize: Food : 38,500,000 glimmerseeds
Third Prize: Runes : 125,400,000 glimmerseeds

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47125

Event Boosts
Shimmerseed - Collect 4 glimmerseeds / 4 hrs (75 gems)
Shimmersprout - Collect 16 glimmerseeds / 4 hrs (250 gems)

Goals
Dance Around
Goal 1
Hatch a Vinedancer
REWARD: 250 glimmerseeds

Goal 2
Raise your Vinedancer to Level 10
REWARD: 250 glimmerseeds

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Penguin2016
08-31-18, 11:55 AM
I’m very happy to see an animal as the second prize for this event! Fingers crossed that the higher prizes are also more attainable!

poofyena
08-31-18, 11:56 AM
Would quite like the crash panda, its cute!

AppieP
08-31-18, 02:19 PM
There is a 3th creature in the community that doesn't showed on the pop-up screen.

Eluzyion
08-31-18, 03:26 PM
There is a 3th creature in the community that doesn't showed on the pop-up screen.

We haven't unlocked it yet, so guessing lol but it looks a lot like Unicornicopia :x

Eluzyion
08-31-18, 05:17 PM
We haven't unlocked it yet, so guessing lol but it looks a lot like Unicornicopia :x

I just unlocked community.. I was right! It's Unicornucopia :) that's why pic isn't in ad, it's past animal not new (I bet)

LauraGSJK
08-31-18, 05:31 PM
I just unlocked community.. I was right! It's Unicornucopia :) that's why pic isn't in ad, it's past animal not new (I bet)

Congratulations! How did you unlock the community prizes so quickly? Fortunately I already have the Unicornucopia. It's so pretty! Good luck everyone! :)

Alohatami
08-31-18, 06:47 PM
One of the side goals: collect 262.5 glimmer seeds. A half a seed. 😄😄

littelprince0313
08-31-18, 06:57 PM
So I wont get a new animal in this WE great - I cant believe that they put a fourth animal in the prizes (top) and make the whole event even worse
I already have the second prize and the Unicornucopia, I mean its great for people who doesnt have these but for me the event is kinda finished already as I havent reached the fourth milestone the last two times and I for sure wont spent money just because they found a new way to make it more difficult to get the new animals in WE

deadpixel
08-31-18, 09:14 PM
One of the side goals: collect 262.5 glimmer seeds. A half a seed. ����

I was wondering about that too :D

Maybe they need an exact change :tickled_pink: :tickled_pink: :tickled_pink:

https://image.ibb.co/jDDWje/8_C475682_3_D9_B_4458_9038_5_C2611789_E5_F.jpg

LilliDee
08-31-18, 10:05 PM
I've only ever made it to the first creature by having the good fortune to hatch the side goal animal and I've only just made it when it was 1800 pts. There is zero chance with it being 2000. Hopefully I'll be able to unlock community prizes. I was able to hatch the side goal animal last WE event so the odds are against me this time. Sigh.

AppieP
08-31-18, 11:56 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Your right about that is the reason it doesn't show in the ad. Congrats on unlock community. I don't have Unicornucopia so can't wait to see it into my forest.
Is it me? Or did S8 lowered the community ammount with 100 points? I thought it was 1600 before:rolleyes:??????

miadoubled
09-01-18, 06:50 AM

Do u have a picture? I've never seen this one befrr!

AppieP
09-01-18, 07:23 AM
No balloon when ready for collect above shimmerseed......

Update: it's there

Alohatami
09-02-18, 11:07 AM
Maybe they need an exact change :tickled_pink: :tickled_pink: :tickled_pink:
😄😄😄

sherlock221bbaker
09-02-18, 01:59 PM
Well i noticed that even if i buy the shimmersprout or event equivalent these days i am lucky to get the first animal.
I dont really understand the point of selling something when you still fail the event. That is what happens to me time after time
So this time i gave it a miss. If i buy the thing i want to complete the event

Events are back to back and i have to go to bed at night and sleep and do other things
So if this game is you never sleep or leave the game and have to buy 10 shimmer things at 250 golds to finish (which translates to $15 au dollars each) its getting unreal

Still wasting my time attempting it

silverdovex
09-02-18, 06:52 PM
seems to me they?re trying to make the forest party a bit easier by giving us the shimmer plant thingys as prizes and adding the fourth animal at a low point threshold - I?m really happy about this!!

AppieP
09-04-18, 11:51 AM
I just unlocked for community prizes, but for the community we didn't even have unlocked the first price.

Phoenix406
09-04-18, 01:51 PM
I've been breeding, evolving, and growing crops nonstop, and I'm still only at 926 points on my older account and my newer account had a very similar amount until just a minute ago, when I bred a Vinedancer and got an extra 250 points, putting me at 1223. Now I have to wait to evolve her a couple times and get the extra 250 for growing her up, so that will help that account at least. My older account will be lucky to unlock community prizes, and it already has a Unicornicopia. I'm glad to see it available again, though. It is one of the oldest animals in the game.

silverdovex
09-05-18, 10:48 AM
I just unlocked for community prizes, but for the community we didn't even have unlocked the first price.

noticed this too. Did they increase the requirement for community prizes? We need 38.5M for the food prize - seems really high to me 🤔

jibro
09-05-18, 11:27 AM
Allthrough Im extremely busy this month, I managed to have 2388 points right now. Hope to manage the 3200, but its hard.

I finally got Unicornicopia in the nest! I think we can expect the food too, but the runes are way out of league this time... hard event...

400 points x 2 days should be possible, with 350 gems, but Id like to safe them...

Phoenix406
09-05-18, 02:48 PM
OMG< I see what you mean! There's no way we will get the Runes, and I am going to throw a major freaking fit about it! We have never not unlocked the Runes before! I'm not even sure we'll get the food. Currently at 11,331,568 points, so we have the unicorn but have barely even be*** on the food, which requires 38,500,000. If we've only accumulated 11 million points in 5 days, how are we going to get 27 million more in 2 days? I know that the points tend to snowball toward the end as more people get the Shimmersprout and breed the fairy, etc, but this is just ridiculous. I live for the Rune prizes!!!

Alohatami
09-05-18, 03:39 PM
With all the people that have been quitting the game, it might be very hard to reach all the community prizes. I haven't even unlocked them yet.

jibro
09-05-18, 03:58 PM
I agree with the both of you..
I?m at 190 gems now and 2724 points. Got the most from the breeding garden, still its way too less for the 168 gems I spend to get up to 476 points left.. djeeez

At least I got a second sapphire pony from a video

Sugarcat5
09-05-18, 09:24 PM
I think S8 needs to reevaluate the point system in this game. Why is breeding the only "bonus" thing at 2x? Why can't we get 2x or even 3x points from breeding, hatching, evolving and harvesting? OR....just lower the points required already and stop making people so frustrated!!!!

nativeelfstar
09-06-18, 03:47 AM
I do not enjoy being setup to fail over and over again. The community events are always discouraging. I cannot recall ever completing since I joined last year. In the future I will not even try because I know I will not be able to complete this even unless they lower the goals or give more options for obtaining points. I refuse to waste gems on this event.

Myo2012
09-06-18, 05:30 AM
I so agree with each and everyone of you! Since I started playing this game, I have never completed a World Event. I don't really use any gems, unless for speed-breeding for a limited timed animal. I have eggs on the nest, constant use of evolve-flower and breeding. 20hrs planting crops and I mine after getting the explosives from breeding. The amounts of "points" requierd are way too high. Shouldn't it be motivating instead of annoying?
There have been complaints about this issue eversince I started reaing and participating (a little haha:-)) this forum! Storm8 should notice that, shouldn't they? I would like to see some change on this matter but I foresee another disappointment on this..sigh

Phoenix406
09-06-18, 01:16 PM
Does anyone else remember an event that happened a year or so ago where the community points were't adding up like they should? THey got stuck or something? Do we think there is any possibility that happened this time?

However, in Dragon Story, they *totally* redid the number of points needed for community prizes, and it will be impossible to get the last one. :(

sgr1953
09-06-18, 02:05 PM
Does anyone else remember an event that happened a year or so ago where the community points were't adding up like they should? THey got stuck or something? Do we think there is any possibility that happened this time?

However, in Dragon Story, they *totally* redid the number of points needed for community prizes, and it will be impossible to get the last one. :(

I remember! My event has been stuck on 13million for two days. I think something is amiss.

Penguin2016
09-06-18, 07:19 PM
noticed this too. Did they increase the requirement for community prizes? We need 38.5M for the food prize - seems really high to me 🤔

Perhaps it?s also because fewer people are playing (or at least not exerting as much effort.)

Alohatami
09-06-18, 09:16 PM
I am one of those people who isn't exerting that much effort on the forest parties. I did just unlock the community prizes, but as someone said earlier, this event in particular feels like we're being set-up to fail (unless we want to pour buckets of gems into the event). That's why I don't really try very hard. I keep reminding myself that this game is classified as social/casual, so I try to play it somewhat casually so I don't neglect my obligations in real life. I will be astonished if we make the food level this time. It's at about 14.3m right now, with only 14.25 hours left. 38m looks mighty far away.

Oh, I also meant to add that I feel like an earlier forest party wanted 125m for the runes, so it's probably just too many apathetic players like me.

cherrycastleorchard
09-07-18, 12:59 AM
I do not enjoy being setup to fail over and over again. The community events are always discouraging. I cannot recall ever completing since I joined last year. In the future I will not even try because I know I will not be able to complete this even unless they lower the goals or give more options for obtaining points. I refuse to waste gems on this event.

It has gotten rediculous and I have been playing for years, we used to be able to finish all events until they got too greedy. These monthly events are a joke as well, I can never get the prizes. Have not been able to breed the animals that give you more points also for a long time. I think that it is rigged, how can u breed the required animals for seven days and still not get it. I will not spend any more gems to get the final animal. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn?t matter and not to give in. I think that I should give tales and community events a miss from now on and grow food instead. Very disappointed with this game and no wonder so many have left.

miadoubled
09-07-18, 04:56 AM
About 170pts left.. I think I may fall short by just a little. And have no gems to spend on it..I've never got this close before on a WE. ...sigh...

arlinedragons1
09-07-18, 06:55 AM
The last few events have been very disappointing. The last leaderboard, a user had 3 accounts all named virtually the same. Of course, the person came in first 3 spots. Now the points are so high on this event it is not possible to finish without spending tons of money. I really hate to leave this game but getting closer every day.

AppieP
09-07-18, 07:41 AM
No way we are getting the food, and don't even think about getting the runes. Only at 16M if we are lucky. This is the first time we only get the first community price.

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 07:59 AM
I'm not optimistic about reaching the food and runes prizes. Sad to miss them out, especially the runes.

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 07:59 AM
1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you complete all individual prizes?
3. Did you unlock community prizes?
4. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Sugarcat5
09-07-18, 08:48 AM
I think this is the first time since I've been playing this game(about 2 years now) that we haven't been able to get at least the second community prize. If we do get the food prize, which at this point looks doubtful, I will be shocked. I agree with other posters that A lot of people have stopped playing and that is affecting the community totals. I also agree with another poster that it feels like we are set up to fail. The points required for the prizes just aren't doable for the majority of players. I think it was such a tease that we earn 2 "bonus point" items but between the 2 we only get a measly 20 points every 4 hours. The WE in dragon story was overhauled for a major improvement, although i think it still needs to be tweaked a little more in favor of the players, and I think the same should happen in this game.

sgr1953
09-07-18, 08:54 AM
I don’t mind the recycled animals for early prizes; however, I am disappointed the goals seem harder to achieve. Disappointed also that many people are apathetic about playing. Seems like S8 needs to do some goodwill building. Might start by looking at world events and making them easier to achieve. Not being able to breed special animals during a seven day window is also a place to look for issues. Make these animals easier to breed would go a long ways to repairing bad feeling from avid players.

Alohatami
09-07-18, 08:57 AM
2.5 hours left, and we're not even halfway to the food.

Sakrysta
09-07-18, 09:14 AM
The only improvement this time was including another token-earning decoration in the prizes. However, I'll bet the vast majority of players didn't even realize that the Shimmersprout was a token-earner - I know I didn't realize it for quite a while and thus missed out on SEVERAL collection opportunities.

As for the rest, only one of my accounts opened the Community prizes, and that was because it managed to breed the Vinedancer. The other two might have made it had I farmed differently, but I just had no heart for it this time. I spent a lot of food on the last leaderboard and still got knocked out of the top prize, so I've been farming for yield instead of tokens.

Phoenix406
09-07-18, 09:44 AM
I sent notes to both Elsa and Kooky_Panda about the points not accumulating properly, but there has been no response as of yet. Seriously, even if a lot of people quit playing, I think that there is a problem with the way that points are adding up. I did *not* put in a ticket. if anyone feels inclined to do so, that would be great.

jibro
09-07-18, 10:03 AM
This game...
I finished, but I wont spend actions till next event, sorry. The points on this event sucked.

Glad to have the two ponies, but I really think this should be the last time we have to collect 3200 points. Its just WAY too much!! So please, get back to reality Storm8. How long do u think this game will last like this..?

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 10:20 AM
I sent notes to both Elsa and Kooky_Panda about the points not accumulating properly, but there has been no response as of yet. Seriously, even if a lot of people quit playing, I think that there is a problem with the way that points are adding up. I did *not* put in a ticket. if anyone feels inclined to do so, that would be great.

I've flagged this over earlier. They're looking into this. Kindly refrain from flooding Support. It'll be fixed for everyone should there be an issue. Thanks!

P.S. We just got food prize. :)

silverdovex
09-07-18, 10:33 AM
I don’t mind the recycled animals for early prizes; however, I am disappointed the goals seem harder to achieve. Disappointed also that many people are apathetic about playing. Seems like S8 needs to do some goodwill building. Might start by looking at world events and making them easier to achieve. Not being able to breed special animals during a seven day window is also a place to look for issues. Make these animals easier to breed would go a long ways to repairing bad feeling from avid players.

I agree with literally every sentence here! super bummed about missing runes esp

silverdovex
09-07-18, 10:47 AM
15 mins ago we were at 56M and now we?re at 108M! how is that possible? Maybe there was a calc error! and.... maybe we will get the runes!!

AppieP
09-07-18, 10:50 AM
15 mins ago we were at 56M and now we?re at 108M! how is that possible? Maybe there was a calc error! and.... maybe we will get the runes!!

We did get the runes. Who knows right?!!!:rolleyes:

silverdovex
09-07-18, 10:53 AM
We did get the runes. Who knows right?!!!:rolleyes:

WHEW! okay I know this is supposed to be a casual game but this last minute rune scrambling thing had me feeling STRESSED

FlatFoot
09-07-18, 10:57 AM
HEY! So I found out that a Feyknight accidentally had stepped on some wires over here at the office and cut the line to our servers. With some quick thinking and duct tape, I was able to reconnect the cables and everyones points have been flooding in. Sorry about that, but you're all good and looks like on your way to completing the event on time!

alienonacid
09-07-18, 11:15 AM
HEY! So I found out that a Feyknight accidentally had stepped on some wires over here at the office and cut the line to our servers. With some quick thinking and duct tape, I was able to reconnect the cables and everyones points have been flooding in. Sorry about that, but you're all good and looks like on your way to completing the event on time!

Hahaha. Jokes! Hahahaha. It's fun to laugh at "mistakes" that cause stress. Good times.

sgr1953
09-07-18, 11:16 AM
Curious as to how many runes the final prize was. My runes increased by nine. Hardly seems worth it. Another place S8 could improve value.

Phoenix406
09-07-18, 12:35 PM

You're lucky the Feyknight didn't step on your foot (especially if you already have a flat foot! :) ) I know some people who have had their feet stepped on by horses in real life, and it was *not* good. I'm sure glad that you caught him. I say no oats for him tonight; only hay!

Phoenix406
09-07-18, 12:36 PM
Curious as to how many runes the final prize was. My runes increased by nine. Hardly seems worth it. Another place S8 could improve value.

It's typically 8.

deadpixel
09-07-18, 02:22 PM
Not really a big fan of unicorns or fairies so looks like this is going to be a very quiet and un-event-ful month for me (pun intended) :tickled_pink:

mutley00
09-07-18, 05:51 PM
Hi, I agree entirely. Have had Unicoricopia since its 1st issue.
I do though like the idea of giving the 'higher earner' item as a prize. - I usually buy the high earner, but didn't this time after recognising it!
However, the requirement of 1250 was way too high, so it was won way too late to be of much benefit. - That said, in previous events even when i have bought the 'higher earner' item, i have still ended up spending a fair few gems to get the final prize. Unfortunately, i now have reached the point where its telling me i can no longer expand, so after playing this game since it began, i refuse, on principal, to pay out for a single gem until S8 get off their backsides and sort the space issue once and for all by enabling us to store animals and habitats (as per decorations etc).
Apologies - rant over

mutley00
09-07-18, 06:01 PM
Yes, it was, again 8 runes (and again, approx 50k food). - No idea what S8's thinking is on the recent pointless (and worthless) direction these events have gone. The Community prizes used to be worth looking forward to, but now they're just boring. If you'll notice, for all recent events (Storybooks, WE's, Leaderboards etc) all are now very 'lazy' copies of the last such event, with a few item names changed...

Penguin2016
09-07-18, 07:43 PM
The only improvement this time was including another token-earning decoration in the prizes. However, I'll bet the vast majority of players didn't even realize that the Shimmersprout was a token-earner - I know I didn't realize it for quite a while and thus missed out on SEVERAL collection opportunities.

As for the rest, only one of my accounts opened the Community prizes, and that was because it managed to breed the Vinedancer. The other two might have made it had I farmed differently, but I just had no heart for it this time. I spent a lot of food on the last leaderboard and still got knocked out of the top prize, so I've been farming for yield instead of tokens.

...yeah, I just realized this now...

Phoenix406
09-07-18, 09:41 PM
Yes, it was, again 8 runes (and again, approx 50k food). - No idea what S8's thinking is on the recent pointless (and worthless) direction these events have gone. The Community prizes used to be worth looking forward to, but now they're just boring. If you'll notice, for all recent events (Storybooks, WE's, Leaderboards etc) all are now very 'lazy' copies of the last such event, with a few item names changed...

Wasn't it 15,000 food?

Phoenix406
09-07-18, 09:42 PM
Hi, I agree entirely. Have had Unicoricopia since its 1st issue.
I do though like the idea of giving the 'higher earner' item as a prize. - I usually buy the high earner, but didn't this time after recognising it!
However, the requirement of 1250 was way too high, so it was won way too late to be of much benefit. - That said, in previous events even when i have bought the 'higher earner' item, i have still ended up spending a fair few gems to get the final prize. Unfortunately, i now have reached the point where its telling me i can no longer expand, so after playing this game since it began, i refuse, on principal, to pay out for a single gem until S8 get off their backsides and sort the space issue once and for all by enabling us to store animals and habitats (as per decorations etc).
Apologies - rant over

They simply must fix this land/space issue IMMEDIATELY!!!

mutley00
09-08-18, 01:03 PM
It has gotten rediculous and I have been playing for years, we used to be able to finish all events until they got too greedy. These monthly events are a joke as well, I can never get the prizes. Have not been able to breed the animals that give you more points also for a long time. I think that it is rigged, how can u breed the required animals for seven days and still not get it. I will not spend any more gems to get the final animal. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn?t matter and not to give in. I think that I should give tales and community events a miss from now on and grow food instead. Very disappointed with this game and no wonder so many have left.

If you'll notice now also, each month with the Storybook, they introduce a new 'common' animal, that then isn't (usually) withdrawn after the event ends. No wonder the 'limited breeds' are getting increasingly difficult to breed. - So this month for the Humsprite we need to breed Dark + Nature when there are already 2x common Dark/Natures still available from previous Storybooks (Cactus Coney + Forest Cat) to compete for breeding, along with the common Planther, plus another 6 rare/super rares. - T'will take a miracle!!!

mutley00
09-08-18, 01:15 PM
Wasn't it 15,000 food?

My apologies, 50k-ish was my assumption, based upon that being the approx amount on several previous occasions. Again, I assume they gave us 8 runes? as previously.

I'm also convinced the 'rune-ometer' is not dependent upon player input, but rather set on a timer so as to complete just before the end of the event, but sometimes goes bit loony. - Did you notice the total amount this time was still below 15m an hour or so before the end, then 'magically' climbed to 400m just in time!!! - They did though definitely let it 'fail' on one occasion, when the Sandcastle was not awarded. They then awarded that as a bonus prize mor recently!

mutley00
09-08-18, 01:18 PM
I recognised what it was, but got it much too late in the event for it to be of much value...

Rynetory2
09-17-18, 09:42 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.