PDA

View Full Version : Logging in with different device / Have a new device

Rynetory2
01-08-15, 07:56 PM
New Device - transfer your games

When you get a new device, you have a choice of setting a bakery on your new device or transfer your current bakery to it.

To set a new bakery:

1. Download Bakery Story unto your new device.
2. Start playing on your new bakery. Don't forget to set your new Storm8 ID and password.

To transfer your current bakery to your new device:

- Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device. Please see the instructions on post 1 of the New Logon on Feature (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-New-Login-feature-in-Restaurant-Story!-(login-applies-to-all-games)&p=759602&viewfull=1#post759602) thread.

If you have issues transferring your games, you can contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can transfer your games.

Note:
(1) If you are selling or giving away your old device, it is recommended that you contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask them to remove your Storm8 ID and games tagged to that device.

(2) Playing on devices of different platforms may cause sync errors.

I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

Maintain your device
Remember to do the general housekeeping periodically to maintain your device for the best in-game experience. Your game will slow down when your device is not performing well.
Always keep the latest software version for your device (e.g. operating software and game)
Make sure your device has plenty of space (by clearing unwanted apps, photos, documents, etc.)
Clear cache
Disconnect and connect to your cellular or wifi
Restart device

whoviankat
04-17-15, 04:26 PM
Is it possible to play same account on 2 different devices? I normally play on my phone, but I decided to download the game to my Kindle. I thought there would be some prompt to enter my Storm8 id to retrieve my bakery, but it just started from the beginning and I couldn't find anything that would let me enter an existing id. Is it not possible to either play on multiple devices or switch devices altogether? Thank for your help :)

jandtandn
04-17-15, 04:38 PM
You can play the same account on more than one device. Just make sure you have two i.d.'s in case you want an account where you can send yourself gifts.

deekathleen
04-17-15, 04:46 PM
There is no sign in or out on the kindle though.

jandtandn
04-17-15, 05:02 PM
There is no sign in or out on the kindle though.

Oh really? I wonder why not. How weird.

deekathleen
04-17-15, 05:34 PM
Idk, It kinda sucks. I would like to have more than one restraunt/bakery.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-17-15, 05:59 PM
Are you sure it isn't there? It's kind of hard to find. From the main menu, click "Social", then "Invite Friends", then you will see where it says "Your Storm8 ID". Click the button that says "Account Settings" then you will see the green button that says "Log in to Another Account".

whoviankat
04-17-15, 06:34 PM
But how do I get the game i just installed on my Kindle to connect to this existing id? I don't see anywhere to sign in. When I go the the invite friends tab, it's asking me to create a new account. When i enter this id, it says sorry this account name is already taken and there are no additional prompts.

ETA - Mine's an older Kindle Fire if that makes a difference...

Lenn_ann
04-17-15, 06:55 PM
You can't login with the same ID on two different devices. You can only transfer, switch or create new account on the other.
1 account = 1 device.

whoviankat
04-17-15, 06:59 PM
You can't login with the same ID on two different devices. You can only transfer, switch or create new account on the other.
1 account = 1 device.

Ok, that's what i kinda figured :(
But, for future reference how do you transfer to another device?

Lenn_ann
04-17-15, 07:11 PM
Here for you, this should help you :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

zZ_guera_Zz
04-17-15, 07:14 PM
But how do I get the game i just installed on my Kindle to connect to this existing id? I don't see anywhere to sign in. When I go the the invite friends tab, it's asking me to create a new account. When i enter this id, it says sorry this account name is already taken and there are no additional prompts.

ETA - Mine's an older Kindle Fire if that makes a difference...
You needf to create a new account first, after that you'll be able to login with your old ID. No idea why, thats just how they do it lol.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-17-15, 07:18 PM
1 account = 1 device.
Yes you can. I am logged in on my 2nd account on my tab and my phone right now. You only get the notifications on the device you logged in last on though.

deekathleen
04-17-15, 07:19 PM
I looked under social and there is no log in or out button on the kindle.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-17-15, 07:26 PM
Oh I'm sorry, when you said that Kindle has no login I assumed you were the original poster and you didn't have a login because you hadn't made your storm ID yet or just didn't know where to find it. Since you've already done all that then for whatever reason they must not include a login on Kindle. I'm sorry, that sucks :(. So much simpler to be on both when your phone dies it comes in handy.

deekathleen
04-17-15, 07:30 PM
Oh I'm sorry, when you said that Kindle has no login I assumed you were the original poster and you didn't have a login because you hadn't made your storm ID yet or just didn't know where to find it. Since you've already done all that then for whatever reason they must not include a login on Kindle. I'm sorry, that sucks :(. So much simpler to be on both when your phone dies it comes in handy.

I know *sigh*

deekathleen
04-17-15, 07:33 PM
Though I did see on a post once someone said they had multiple bakery accounts on their kindle. I asked them how but they never answered.

whoviankat
04-17-15, 07:42 PM
Well, boo :( That's not very nice for us Kindle users. Between my Android phone and now the Kindle issue, I feel a bit unloved. But I rarely use my Kindle for games anyway. I use it mostly for... gasp! Reading! Lol :D I just thought it would be nice to see my bakery on a bigger screen. Maybe I'll need to "borrow" my husband's tablet that he never uses...

ojapple96
04-17-15, 09:09 PM
I'm on iOS and in the upper right there's a storm 8 symbol that also morphs into an 8. Click that and "log into a different account" is a choice maybe there's something similar on the kindle? If not post it on the Bugs and issues section of the forum

Beecause
04-18-15, 12:11 AM
You guys just confused me lol

I'm playing my same game on two devices.

Who - make sure you reread the directions in that link.

Make sure you've set a password with your id on your phone game.

Just because your playing the game & have a storm id and have given your restaurant a name doesnt mean you have set a password for
your storm id.

you need to set a password in the account settings on your phone game.

I never did that & lost my game for months and had to do way too much techie techie stuff with support, itunes & receipts for past
purchases. Think thats why my join date is so recent.

jo_fitz
04-18-15, 06:59 AM
1 account = 1 device.

Yes you can. I play on my iPhone and Android tablet. One device doesn't ever kick me off of the other.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-18-15, 08:15 AM
You definitely should. I bought a crappy Samsung tab last Black Friday. The graphics are horrible as compared to my phone but WOW!!! It is so much easier to play on this thing, especially when it comes to remodeling. No more trying to pull a chair over 800 times because my finger somehow keeps "grabbing" the table instead. A bigger screen equals a way faster remodel.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-18-15, 08:16 AM
That was to whoviankat. I guess I forgot to quote lol.

KimWill
04-28-15, 09:02 AM
The new log out stuff is in the social tab, then in the invite friends part. You may have to create a password. But to get it on 2 devices you have to start a new game until you are able to invite friends then you should get the change settings which will then give you the option to sign in to a different account,

KimWill
04-28-15, 09:07 AM
Yes you can have the same bakery on 2 different devices. At least I can with my Droid phone & tablet

deekathleen
04-28-15, 09:23 AM
I still have not found a way to have more than one on the kindle.

Eienmomo
02-21-17, 01:48 PM
I know this has been answered before but I couldn't find a very current post. I am getting a new phone today. Can someone please give me the steps I need to take to get my game transferred before I activate and/or DL BS to my new phone? I've been playing for 3 years and would die if I lost my game! Thank you so much.

Sebsmommy15
02-21-17, 02:03 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54910-ID-Transfer-Storm8-Method&highlight=Transferring+phones

I hope this helps! Idk if anything has changed since 2013

kooky panda
02-21-17, 02:25 PM
Please follow steps in Post 1 on the Login Thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!)

geordieprogman
02-21-17, 02:25 PM
Just go to main/help/FAQ. Then make a password. You can then log onto your bakery on any device just using your storm8 ID and password. I have 2 bakeries that I go between on my iPad many times a day.

twospoons
02-21-17, 03:01 PM
i like that you said "i would die if i lost my game!"

make a note of how many gems you have just in case something goes horribly wrong (it won't though). and it's always fun to use a new phone to set up a baby bakery! then you can have 2 places (and sometimes can gift yourself that one last part you need).

zaaracake
02-27-17, 12:43 AM
Einmomo, don't worry, it works fine if you keep your S8 ID and password handy. My iPad crashed last month and Until Apple shipped me a new part I used this feature to log in daily from a nbrs phone just to gift. Write them down before you initiate a transfer.

jichelle8
11-08-17, 02:01 PM
How to have multiple accounts for different players with 1 device ? I saw some players have many bakeries/restaurants. How to do it ? Please help.

kooky panda
11-08-17, 02:12 PM
You can only have one storm ID (one game) assigned to a device.

If you have another device, you can start up another game with a different storm ID.

After that you can log in and out of your games on one device, but please note that once you set up a storm ID on a device, even if you log into your game with your other device, your game will still be available on the other device, so I do not recommend using a friends device to set up a second game.
Make sure it is a device you own .

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

jichelle8
11-09-17, 05:14 AM
Tysm, so only 1 Acct per device. How to log off 1st Acct & log in 2nd ? Some players have multiple bakeries, so they log off & log in many times ? Thank you so much for your help.

baker9081
11-09-17, 05:35 AM
Click on the Storm8 logo on the top right corner of the game and then click on “Account Settings”. Then click on “Log in to another account”. Do that after you have set up 2 accounts.

jp310195
11-10-17, 01:17 AM
Hello, I currently have an iPhone 7 and later today I will be changing to a Samsung s7 edge. Can I make sure I don?t lose anything on my bakery? Like do I just log in with my storm id on the Samsung and start from where I was on my iPhone or would I have to start from scratch? PLEASE HELP NEED TO KNOW TODAY!! Don?t want to lose my little bakery progress x

VanaCatu
11-10-17, 04:23 AM
as far as i know, you can only loose gem dispencer - if you have it.
the point is that this thing is not working on android, and not even seen in your bakery via android. so, if you put smth on it's place - you will loose this thing forever:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide&p=1413679&viewfull=1#post1413679

moreover, when you start on android, it is also possible that you will not have several recipes, appliances and decorations that was released with previous android versions.
(iOS updates are automatical, and all stuff added with them. but android had to download new versions to get them).
however, if you already bought that stuff, you will still have it in your inventory - you just wdnt be able to buy more.

you can check android versions list and compare wht you have / wht you aready mastered, etc:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98579-BAKERY-STORY-Android-Versions-List

other things are pretty much the same. android have same login feature, so you only need to know your s8 id and password to it.
(however, do not rush to login. since it's new device, you can download bakery story, enter, and set up new s8 id and password, and to add your old account as a neighbor. i call it "spare account" - cd be helpful in sending gifts / answering requests when you need it :))

luincristiel
11-10-17, 05:30 AM
And you won't be able to get more retired wallpaper and floor tiles than the number you've bought once you're on Android...

kooky panda
11-10-17, 10:36 AM
Before transferring, I would advise placing any iOS only items into your storage.

jichelle8
11-12-17, 09:28 PM
Tysm. I'll try that.

farmermaggie5
08-24-18, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry but I can't seem to find how to switch to a new tablet. Can anyone help? Thanks

Rynetory2
08-24-18, 08:55 PM
See New device - transfer your games (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413155&viewfull=1#post1413155)

stereo38
10-07-18, 09:59 AM
I know there must already be posts about this, but I couldn?t find them.
I have been playing RS and BS on a very old iPad for a few years. I just got a
new iPad and would like to transfer the games to the new device. I hope I can do
this because my old iPad is registered in my husband?s name and the new iPad is
registered in my name. I have done this with other devices, (with devices in my name),
but that was with the help of Team Lava. If anyone can let me know how to transfer
the games, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks very much.

AnnirasSweets
10-07-18, 04:55 PM
I know there must already be posts about this, but I couldn?t find them.
I have been playing RS and BS on a very old iPad for a few years. I just got a
new iPad and would like to transfer the games to the new device. I hope I can do
this because my old iPad is registered in my husband?s name and the new iPad is
registered in my name. I have done this with other devices, (with devices in my name),
but that was with the help of Team Lava. If anyone can let me know how to transfer
the games, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks very much.

This is the standard info on how to transfer your games between devices from the Games Guide thread found here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413155&viewfull=1#post1413155

stereo38
10-07-18, 07:54 PM
This is the standard info on how to transfer your games between devices from the Games Guide thread found here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413155&viewfull=1#post1413155

Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out.

stereo38
10-08-18, 02:26 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out.
Well, I checked out how to transfer my game to a new device. The info is very clear and informative. I guess I have a problem that simply is due to my old iPad. I never created a password for this game, since I never expected that I would need to transfer to a new device. Now that I want to do this, I want to create a password. However, (and again, this is due to my old iPad), when I click on the Help button, the game closes. I have tried many times, and the same thing happens each time. I can open the game to play, but clicking on that button closes the game. I really do want to transfer the game and I was wondering if I can do it without a password. I have all the other necessary information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank very much for taking the time to read this. Hope some can help me with this.

AnnirasSweets
10-08-18, 05:51 PM
Well, I checked out how to transfer my game to a new device. The info is very clear and informative. I guess I have a problem that simply is due to my old iPad. I never created a password for this game, since I never expected that I would need to transfer to a new device. Now that I want to do this, I want to create a password. However, (and again, this is due to my old iPad), when I click on the Help button, the game closes. I have tried many times, and the same thing happens each time. I can open the game to play, but clicking on that button closes the game. I really do want to transfer the game and I was wondering if I can do it without a password. I have all the other necessary information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank very much for taking the time to read this. Hope some can help me with this.

According to my game, there is another route you can take but I don't understand it myself, lol. As I was thinking over your predicament I was going through my game options on my iPad to see if I could find a workaround for you to create a password. Sadly, I didn't find one for creating a password, but I when I hit the "Help/FAQ" button on my iPad, I saw these three tabs at the bottom. The first says "Forums," the middle says "Transfer Info" and the last says "Contact Us." I naturally clicked on "Transfer Info" and here's the pop-up I got:

But, like I said, I'm not sure how you would go about using either Game Center or Facebook to transfer as I always did it the password way. I imagine you would login to Facebook via the "Settings" in the game on your old device, then when you open the game on your new device log in to FB on that one as well. I've done this for other games, but not any s8 games so I can't say for sure. I don't think trying the FB login would mess anything up if wanted, but don't try anything you aren't comfortable with; I'd feel awful if my advice set you back in any way.

Perhaps a Mod or another member could explain how this works in detail?

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 06:54 PM

I'm afraid you definitely need a password. I would strongly recommend all players set a password just in case they lose their device. Please contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and select "Account recovery/Account question" category. Let the Agent know that you were unable to set the password and you want to transfer your account to another device. You can choose to transfer them yourself or have the Agent do it for you, after your password is set.

stereo38
10-09-18, 07:07 AM
According to my game, there is another route you can take but I don't understand it myself, lol. As I was thinking over your predicament I was going through my game options on my iPad to see if I could find a workaround for you to create a password. Sadly, I didn't find one for creating a password, but I when I hit the "Help/FAQ" button on my iPad, I saw these three tabs at the bottom. The first says "Forums," the middle says "Transfer Info" and the last says "Contact Us." I naturally clicked on "Transfer Info" and here's the pop-up I got:

But, like I said, I'm not sure how you would go about using either Game Center or Facebook to transfer as I always did it the password way. I imagine you would login to Facebook via the "Settings" in the game on your old device, then when you open the game on your new device log in to FB on that one as well. I've done this for other games, but not any s8 games so I can't say for sure. I don't think trying the FB login would mess anything up if wanted, but don't try anything you aren't comfortable with; I'd feel awful if my advice set you back in any way.

Perhaps a Mod or another member could explain how this works in detail?

Thank you so much for taking the time time to write such an informative reply. I appreciate it. At this point, I might just try anything, though I would hate to lose my game. I am at level 99. But I should try something before my iPad stops working altogether:)

stereo38
10-09-18, 07:10 AM
I'm afraid you definitely need a password. I would strongly recommend all players set a password just in case they lose their device. Please contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and select "Account recovery/Account question" category. Let the Agent know that you were unable to set the password and you want to transfer your account to another device. You can choose to transfer them yourself or have the Agent do it for you, after your password is set.

Thank you so much for the info. I will try to do what you mentioned. I appreciate the advice.

Rynetory2
10-09-18, 07:58 PM
Thank you so much for the info. I will try to do what you mentioned. I appreciate the advice.

Happy to help. :) Don't worry, you won't lose your games as long as you have your Storm8 ID and password, after it's set, even if your device stop working. Your games are safe on Storm8 servers.

Mileyfrancine19
11-12-18, 11:18 PM
I click log in to another account they said "bad username or password" please help 😣 🙏

geordieprogman
11-13-18, 05:55 AM
I click log in to another account they said "bad username or password" please help �� ��

Have you remembered to create a password on your other account? If you have then check the spelling.

Rynetory2
11-13-18, 06:41 AM
I click log in to another account they said "bad username or password" please help �� ��

Try the suggestions by geordieprogman. Contact Support: support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) if you are still getting error. They will assist you further.

Casey2Center
03-20-19, 01:55 PM
I have a new device and cannot install my game. Playing for 5 years. Level 99. 140 gems. 62 neighbors.

Rynetory2
03-21-19, 04:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Download the game app from App/Play Store and use the Login feature to recover your existing games.

See instructions in Chapter "New Device - Transfer your games" in Game Guide, link in my signature.

boopy67
07-05-19, 08:29 PM
Hello! I did this and I am missing a bunch of goal ovens, tables and chairs that I did not get back when I redownloaded the game on my new device. In fact the level I was on is not the level I?m on now. I don?t remember the level and quite honestly I don?t care for that. I would like the stuff that I earned from past events back

kooky panda
07-09-19, 10:35 AM
Hello! I did this and I am missing a bunch of goal ovens, tables and chairs that I did not get back when I redownloaded the game on my new device. In fact the level I was on is not the level I?m on now. I don?t remember the level and quite honestly I don?t care for that. I would like the stuff that I earned from past events back
After transferring your games over, try restarting your device.

Lb1217
07-23-19, 11:05 AM
I upgraded my phone but I'd like to recover my old account as Ive spent alot of time with it. Is this possible?

kooky panda
07-23-19, 02:33 PM
Please follow the instructions on post 1 of the login thread:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

pcabral03
03-12-23, 08:57 PM
I'm on Android sometimes when I log on I'm on someone's else Bakery, so I'll just go to log in to another ID and go back to my original bakery. I notice though someone else has been on my Bakery too, they've sold/ moved decorations!? I've issues in past where I've been locked out of my account password was changed, can't log back on. Opened ticket with Support and get access back everytime. But it's a hassle and long process. Anyone having this happen on Google Play/Android device?

Edit---To be clear I'm not login on to someone else's bakery, just happens randomly when I open game I don't know why.

pixiegamer
03-13-23, 07:20 PM
I'm on Android sometimes when I log on I'm on someone's else Bakery, so I'll just go to log in to another ID and go back to my original bakery. I notice though someone else has been on my Bakery too, they've sold/ moved decorations!? I've issues in past where I've been locked out of my account password was changed, can't log back on. Opened ticket with Support and get access back everytime. But it's a hassle and long process. Anyone having this happen on Google Play/Android device?

Edit---To be clear I'm not login on to someone else's bakery, just happens randomly when I open game I don't know why.

Could you possibly write to Support to see if they can log you out of all devices? Then change your password and log in only to the devices you currently own?

I think there was a similar bug years ago where people were randomly logged into accounts not their own, but that was resolved. Please let me know if this suggestion would work for you.

pcabral03
03-14-23, 05:07 AM
Could you possibly write to Support to see if they can log you out of all devices? Then change your password and log in only to the devices you currently own?

I think there was a similar bug years ago where people were randomly logged into accounts not their own, but that was resolved. Please let me know if this suggestion would work for you.

Kinda remember that being bug didn't know if it was still an issue though. Been playing since 2015 took a long break, then came back recently. Ok will do thanks 😇