PDA

View Full Version : Ducks Leaderboard Event - 2018 Aug 24 (POLL ADDED)

judyandthecat
08-24-18, 02:34 PM
Ducks Leaderboard Event iOS only. This is a Leaderboard Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Mother Duck goes into Duck Pond.

No Duck Pond - fixed

Congrats to all winners! :D

Ok looks like we are missing the Duck Pond. I've reported this over. Please wait for the team to bring it back, your Mother Ducks have to stay in the cellar a wee bit longer.

The Duck Pond has been fixed and is available to you.
So we have Ducks and Owls.

The Ducks are two pets I always have out ...right up there as a favourite

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46941

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from Aug 24/now to Sept 6/9 pm EDST.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Buy the Leaderboard Alarm Clock - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Farmer's Outpost - 1+ points
Collect from your Almond Trees - 1+ points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Leaderbird Alarm Clock (125 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200 points - Mystery Box
600 points - Mystery Box
1,000 points - Yellow Giant Rubber Duckie
1,400 points - Mystery Box
1,800 points - Mystery Box
2,200 points - Pink Giant Rubber Duckie
2,700 points - Mystery Box
3,100 points - Mystery Box
3,600 points - Blue Giant Rubber Duckie
4,000 points - Mystery Box
4,500 points - Mystery Box
5,000 points - Purple Giant Rubber Duckie
5,500 points - Mystery Box
6,030 points - Duck Phone

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Mother Duck, Gold Trophy
2nd - Mother Duck, Silver Trophy
3rd - Bronze Trophy, Duckie Bathtub, 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th - 10,000 coins, Duckie Bathtub, 5 Expansion Permits
7th to 12th - 7,500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46942

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46936

justmine2
08-24-18, 04:39 PM
Leaderboard??? Where did that come from

judyandthecat
08-24-18, 04:40 PM
A leaderboard event just popped up for a sweet mother duck?
Is this an error?

justmine2
08-24-18, 04:46 PM
I hope it’s an error! That’s too many events at once!

draughnc
08-24-18, 04:57 PM
Geez...three things going on at once. Almond quests, school event and a leaderboard event. I hope that is an error.

Kinky_Candy
08-24-18, 05:21 PM
What r u thinking guys to put all events together?:confused::blue: OMG

draughnc
08-24-18, 05:28 PM
Leaderboard alarm clock shows 6 hours to be collected but the info shows it should be collected every 2 hours. Which one is correct?

Paul__
08-24-18, 08:07 PM
Even know I don?t really like leaderboards, I love the duck! I guess they listened to our suggestions with the Mama Goose and made a mama duck pet!

ironmama41
08-25-18, 01:28 AM
Many quests at once is AWESOME. More to look forward to! Thanks!!!!!!

Kinky_Candy
08-25-18, 03:22 AM
In my country the leaderboard began at 4:00 am:mad:After a few hours the event duration shorted for one day!!:mad:The first 20 minutes the first in the row had 345 points. How is that happened?!!? Im always play the leaderboard games and my place was first at 3 of them and second in other two and ALWAYS i had COMPETITIVE opponents !!! PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. Thank you in advance. P.S.Many quests at once is awful!!! We have real life u know!!

Bkjqrxy
08-25-18, 03:31 AM
Hello, I’ve noticed that Windmill and Farmer’s Outpost don’t bring any point...

Rynetory2
08-25-18, 03:56 AM
Many quests at once is AWESOME. More to look forward to! Thanks!!!!!!

Love your attitude! More to look forward to. :) I much rather having events than no events. I think maybe players have forgotten the dry spell when we didn't have events nor updates for Farm 2. Really appreciate the effort the Farm 2 put into these events for us! Mother Duck is so adorable!

Rynetory2
08-25-18, 03:57 AM
Hello, I’ve noticed that Windmill and Farmer’s Outpost don’t bring any point...

I got points from them. Do check that you are playing on the latest iOS game version.

westmanor
08-25-18, 04:28 AM
Hello, I?ve noticed that Windmill and Farmer?s Outpost don?t bring any point...

I?m not receiving points either.

judyandthecat
08-25-18, 04:55 AM
I?m not receiving points either.

If I remember correctly a ten minute Flour might not bring points because it used to be an hour for a point?
I am making corn starch then I don't have to watch the windmill closely and this morning I received one or two points per starch.
It takes 1 hour 30 minutes so I assume takes to one hour or two hours meaning one or two points.
Just a thought though.

Note: I just collected some bags of sweets from the Outpost and did not receive points likely I think time is 20 minutes so I am going to make longer timed items there too

Rynetory2
08-25-18, 05:28 AM
If I remember correctly a ten minute Flour might not bring points because it used to be an hour for a point?
I am making corn starch then I don't have to watch the windmill closely and this morning I received one or two points per starch.
It takes 1 hour 30 minutes so I assume takes to one hour or two hours meaning one or two points.
Just a thought though.

Note: I just collected some bags of sweets from the Outpost and did not receive points likely I think time is 20 minutes so I am going to make longer timed items there too

You're right about not getting points if the craft duration is too short, e.g. 10 mins. I got mine from longer making crafts.

Let me check on the Bags of Sweets (20 mins) and see if there are any changes. I remembered we used to get 1 point for bread (15 mins). I didn't get point for white sugar from Windmill. For now I would suggest that members make long duration crafts.

Bkjqrxy
08-25-18, 05:28 AM
I have checked all the items in Windmills and I can confirm that only corn flour gives 1 or 2 points

Rynetory2
08-25-18, 05:37 AM
I have checked all the items in Windmills and I can confirm that only corn flour gives 1 or 2 points

So it looks like crafts less than 1 hr do not give points. I'll check on this. Thanks for bringing this up.

PookieBear50
08-25-18, 06:06 AM
So it looks like crafts less than 1 hr do not give points. I'll check on this. Thanks for bringing this up.

Something to check...

I just collected wheat flour (six total) from my two Windmills. For the first five, I received nothing. However, after collecting the sixth flour, I received 1 Leaderboard point. Perhaps is the total crafting time needs to be at least 1 hour, even with multiple items? So, for example...

1 Wheat Flour = 10 minutes' crafting time, 6 Wheat Flour = 60 minutes' crafting time = 1 leaderboard point

I would have to check, but perhaps 3 White Sugar, 2 Brown Sugar, or 2 Powdered Sugar will also result in receiving 1 point?

tisiphonic
08-25-18, 07:02 AM
I did get points after collecting sugar, but I did not compare how many bags to how many points. I have not been getting points for flour, perhaps because I usually only get 2 or 3 at a time.

I thought it was because it was my second windmill. I had no idea to consider the craft time. ......

Rynetory2
08-25-18, 07:23 AM
Something to check...

I just collected wheat flour (six total) from my two Windmills. For the first five, I received nothing. However, after collecting the sixth flour, I received 1 Leaderboard point. Perhaps is the total crafting time needs to be at least 1 hour, even with multiple items? So, for example...

1 Wheat Flour = 10 minutes' crafting time, 6 Wheat Flour = 60 minutes' crafting time = 1 leaderboard point

I would have to check, but perhaps 3 White Sugar, 2 Brown Sugar, or 2 Powdered Sugar will also result in receiving 1 point?

Aye they do accumulate as they did in the past so you do get points for lower duration crafts. What I was referring to was the minimum craft time, e.g. 15mins for 1 bread = 1 point. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I checked the old screenshots and they were 3 points/hr previously, and now it's 1+. I'm checking to get more info on the 1+. Will update when I have more news. :)

griffithpack
08-25-18, 04:29 PM
Frustrated - no points on either farm for collecting from windmills. It says 1+ points in the information, so You should get 1 for flour, 2 for sugar, etc. Or post the information so we know which items will give points. Why make flour if I won?t get points for it?

gb1315
08-25-18, 04:40 PM
I?m getting points from windmill, but not from farmers outpost. I?ve tried closing out and restarting app. Also made sure I?m on the latest version and still no points!?

nec912
08-25-18, 05:57 PM
Last leaderboard event the ??? Was from the mine! I have tried mining and haven’t gotten any bonus points does anyone know where the mystery points are coming from this time around?

judyandthecat
08-25-18, 06:48 PM
Last leaderboard event the ??? Was from the mine! I have tried mining and haven’t gotten any bonus points does anyone know where the mystery points are coming from this time around?

Mystery points are the mystery chests when you spin the wheel.
Nothing from the mine.

Buy the Leaderboard Alarm Clock Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the windmill 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House 1+ points
Craft items in the Farmer's Outpost 1+ points
Collect from your Almond Trees 1+ points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs 1 point
Win a Mystery Box ? Points

kindefarm1890
08-25-18, 06:50 PM
I have crafted 5 truffle shavings in the windmill and have received zero points even though the craft time is 1.5 hours.

ironmama41
08-25-18, 06:58 PM
I don?t get points with every collection from windmill either. I?m updated iOS. Can we get this fixed?

jed1066
08-26-18, 02:52 PM
Same here been making sugar, jugs, flour for 12 hours . I’ve just loaded with truffle shavings overnight so let’s see what that gives in LB points

Rynetory2
08-27-18, 05:37 AM
Frustrated - no points on either farm for collecting from windmills. It says 1+ points in the information, so You should get 1 for flour, 2 for sugar, etc. Or post the information so we know which items will give points. Why make flour if I won?t get points for it?

I?m getting points from windmill, but not from farmers outpost. I?ve tried closing out and restarting app. Also made sure I?m on the latest version and still no points!?

I have crafted 5 truffle shavings in the windmill and have received zero points even though the craft time is 1.5 hours.

I don?t get points with every collection from windmill either. I?m updated iOS. Can we get this fixed?

Checking on these....

ankavale1000
08-27-18, 04:15 PM
I'm getting leaderboard points from windmill ... But, I get them when I click on the icon that takes u straight to leaderboard.
For those of u that are not getting points from windmill ... try this:
1 Collect from windmill
2 click the leaderboard icon on the right side of screen, the one showing ur leaderboard points n days left.

So I collect five bags of flour n go into leaderboard, my points go up by 1

Try and see if u r getting the point(s) this way

Lilliepaddd
08-29-18, 04:35 PM
Just received the duck phone...silly...can't collect from it, very disappointing!

heyyou0123
08-30-18, 09:07 PM
I quit this for a year today back in farm see leaderboard, but why i craft n collect from windmill, almond tree i did not get any points

Rynetory2
08-30-18, 11:10 PM
I quit this for a year today back in farm see leaderboard, but why i craft n collect from windmill, almond tree i did not get any points

Welcome back. :)

Click on the Leaderboard event icon to activate it and also make sure that you are playing on the latest regular game version. You should get points from the Almond Tree if you have done the above. Make longer duration crafts will help to get points.

tisiphonic
08-31-18, 10:53 AM
I have experimented and experimented.
You need an hour craft time for a point.
Craft six flour and go to windmill and collect all 6, you get one point.
Craft three white sugar and collect, you’ll get point after you collect third one.
Three purple bags in outpost gets you one point.
I’m making crafts in groups of one hour. I am now alternating , ie one white sugar (20) and one brown sugar (40) gets me one point.
Three flower followed by one corn starch gets me two.
Et cetera and et cetera.

gigis234
08-31-18, 01:31 PM
Same for me. I have the phone but nothing happens. I hope it isn?t just for decoration.

orleansparish
09-01-18, 05:58 PM
I stopped played the event after working hard and getting the fourth rubber ducky. After I clicked on the last event milestone prize and saw it was a phone. A phone?! I knew it was too good to be true after the last event we needed around 14,000 points to get the milestone prize.

Over it!

loulou1290
09-01-18, 11:28 PM
I wasn’t going to do either of these events - I needed a break after the last few. I went in today, and of course was bottom of the leader board. Spun the wheel, did a couple of deliveries and got a few points. Still bottom, but that’s ok - I’m not doing the events.
Spun the wheel again a couple of times and got more points - all of a sudden, on the next spin, I started hitting milestones, every mystery chest had points, and in one go, managed to get all the way to the end and got all the rubber ducks and the duck phone!!!!
Talk about freaky! (I’m now 3rd from the bottom!) ��������

draughnc
09-02-18, 02:32 PM
This is ridiculous that, here we go again, you can purchase trophies. This clearly states "EARN" your way not "BUY" your way. Why even work so hard to keep your lead and then this.

tisiphonic
09-04-18, 10:58 AM
I know it seems like a lot of events at once, but really, they overlap. I get backpacks for the collection event and points for the leaderboard event at the same time when I collect from my little piggies. One effort gives credit to both.

I agree the duck phone did not seem worthy of how hard I worked. It is. Already back in my cellar.

I had hoped to get the pet duck. But I am battling two others who seem to refuse defeat. I guess they’ll get the ducks. At least I already got my fuschia owl by collecting and turning in five collections from the other event. So, all that time wasn’t completely wasted since each action contributed to all the events differently.

tisiphonic
09-04-18, 11:03 AM
This is ridiculous that, here we go again, you can purchase trophies. This clearly states "EARN" your way not "BUY" your way. Why even work so hard to keep your lead and then this.

Help me understand. I am a slow learner And have learned so much from this forum. What do you mean by “buy” or “purchase” . I did not see that kind of option.
I agree ..... I thought you had to earn it. Are we both talking about the pet duck reward?

draughnc
09-04-18, 01:20 PM
Help me understand. I am a slow learner And have learned so much from this forum. What do you mean by ?buy? or ?purchase? . I did not see that kind of option.
I agree ..... I thought you had to earn it. Are we both talking about the pet duck reward?
It is a LTO for $9.99 and you get 1800 trophies along with expansion parts. That option has changed my leaderboard tremendously as to will end up winning the pet duck. Good for FS but bad for the players that can't afford to buy the extra trophies.

gc0912
09-06-18, 04:58 AM
Just going to have a mini-rant! After being in 3rd/4th in my group for the last day or so I was getting close to 2nd and thought with a bit more extra work today I could’ve possibly made it or got pretty close. Just checked my game and someone has bought the pack and is now 1300 points in front in 2nd place and unless I also buy the pack I have zero chance of getting those points so might as well give up now. So frustrated after working so hard on my game over the last couple of days. Oh well, perhaps it’s a sign that I should take a break from the game. Rant over lol.

PookieBear50
09-06-18, 12:06 PM
I don't go into the Leaderboard events hoping to win. Frankly, I would not participate at all, except that we basically do not have a choice in the matter. So, instead, I focused on achieving the milestones. Oddly enough, I was able to complete all the milestones in (for me) record time...I think this was the first time I've been able to do it. The decorations are a little...well, iffy...but maybe I will find a place for them next Easter.

babybaby123
09-06-18, 06:37 PM
I came in first place on the challenge but have not received the trophy or the duck. I?ve checked several times. Any suggestions?

Kinky_Candy
09-06-18, 06:46 PM
Hello All:)!!!! I was upset about 2 events at the same time, but with the value pack with extra points, that we could buy I finished in 2 place :) THANK YOU TEAM:):):)

Kinky_Candy
09-06-18, 06:48 PM
To babybaby123: Dont worry must wait for a bit, just now i find mine:) Congratulations!!!

auroramom
09-06-18, 06:51 PM
I won the duck, but don't have the duck pond to put her in. When I hit the go button to take me to the duck pond, it takes me to the store but there is no pond to buy. I hope this is fixed soon. There was no point in all those days of work if the duck has to stay in my cellar. :mad:

chezziex2
09-06-18, 06:56 PM
I won the duck, but don't have the duck pond to put her in. When I hit the go button to take me to the duck pond, it takes me to the store but there is no pond to buy. I hope this is fixed soon. There was no point in all those days of work if the duck has to stay in my cellar. :mad:

Same for me 😕

judyandthecat
09-06-18, 06:59 PM

I had the duck pond from the previous leaderboard event...do you perhaps have it in your cellar from that event?
I was able to put the three Ducks in the pond.

Kinky_Candy
09-06-18, 07:07 PM
I had the duck pond from the previous leaderboard event...do you perhaps have it in your cellar from that event?
I was able to put the three Ducks in the pond.

Yeap i did the same, had the duck pond from previous event.

auroramom
09-06-18, 07:17 PM
No I didn't do any previous duck event. I did just look really carefully in my cellar though and no duck pond. I hope they put it in the market. I want to enjoy my duck.

babybaby123
09-06-18, 07:24 PM
To babybaby123: Dont worry must wait for a bit, just now i find mine:) Congratulations!!!

Thank you for the info. It hasn?t shown up yet but will keep checking 🌼

lannisteracres
09-06-18, 07:26 PM
Same here. I dont have a duck pond for my newly won mother duck. Bummer.

loes95
09-06-18, 07:29 PM
I won SECOND PLACE and received the Mother Duck as a reward but I can?t seem to place it because it needs a DUCK POND and I can?t find it to purchase it.

gb1315
09-06-18, 07:47 PM
I am also experiencing the same problem. I cannot find the duck pond anywhere.

justmine2
09-06-18, 08:28 PM
I came here to report the same problem, no duck pond!

Rynetory2
09-06-18, 08:36 PM

Ok looks like we are missing the Duck Pond. I've reported this over. Please wait for the team to bring it back, your Mother Ducks have to stay in the cellar a wee bit longer.

Rynetory2
09-06-18, 08:46 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

zzGoldmine2
09-06-18, 09:57 PM
I won second and wow, this is a big trophy. 2x2 sized decoration is a huge trophy! Was this the same sized trophy as the original quack/duck leaderboard? It looks like the same trophy in pictures

casmirblunew
09-06-18, 10:43 PM
I won the leaderboard event, won mother duck, but I don’t have a duck pond and cannot buy one. I cannot put my duck on my farm. Can you please have that corrected? I worked really hard for that duck.

casmirblunew
09-06-18, 10:47 PM

I have the same problem, worked really hard for that duck, and now I cannot put it out on my farm. Really upset

sheepishjaina
09-07-18, 03:18 AM
I have three ducks already, thanks to a sale sometime back. There’s no option to buy a second duck pond ��

comfortfarms2013
09-07-18, 03:28 AM
I was wondering if I missed something, won the mother duck but no pond, place to put her 😕

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 03:59 AM
I was wondering if I missed something, won the mother duck but no pond, place to put her 😕

Nope, you didn't miss anything. Congrats on getting your Mother Duck. Let's wait for the team to fix this.

matorpee11
09-07-18, 05:23 AM
I won't a whole lot on getting the mother duck and now can't even set it out can someone please help me get the duck pond

Blondiegirlhi
09-07-18, 09:54 AM
Any updates on the duck pond issue? I have been checking regularly since the event ended, but it still is not showing up for me. Looking forward to getting this so we can put out this beautiful duck. Thanks...

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 10:24 AM
No news yet but they should be checking on it soon. :)

Blondiegirlhi
09-07-18, 12:10 PM
No news yet but they should be checking on it soon. :)

Thanks!

Lilliepaddd
09-07-18, 01:36 PM
I made it to 4th with over 12,000 points yep but only placed 4th. Anyhow aren't we supposed to get old expansion parts too aside from coins..I can't remember. I don't need them but I could sell them...just wondering. Thanks!

Never mind, it's only 5 not 5 of each.

ethan1brothers
09-07-18, 01:41 PM
was this ios only ? I just finished back to school?

020461SB
09-07-18, 02:49 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I was playing the leaderboard game for the prize duck and when the time ran out it showed me as 1st place. Then it comes back and says finale result are in and someone else wins the game. But as I was watching when the time ended and I was in first place. And then it shows amended results? I don?t understand this, and it doesn?t seem fair. Could you explain the process and results more clearly?

gb1315
09-07-18, 02:57 PM
I just randomly checked and duck pond is available for me. It should be for you as well.

lilhobby4ever
09-07-18, 05:44 PM
This is the first leader board quest that I got the final milestone prize. I'm very greatful that the points we needed was huge like other times. Makes the event so much more enjoyable for me!

Blondiegirlhi
09-07-18, 05:46 PM
I just randomly checked and duck pond is available for me. It should be for you as well.

Got it! Thanks for the info...she is adorable!

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 08:46 PM
The Duck Pond has been fixed and is available to you.

Rynetory2
09-07-18, 09:00 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I was playing the leaderboard game for the prize duck and when the time ran out it showed me as 1st place. Then it comes back and says finale result are in and someone else wins the game. But as I was watching when the time ended and I was in first place. And then it shows amended results? I don?t understand this, and it doesn?t seem fair. Could you explain the process and results more clearly?

I'm sorry to hear that and hope you got in 2nd place. It's possible that player bought boost and/or the value pack to help with his points. And if you were in the ranking page for a long time, maybe you weren't seeing new results? Sometimes players want to optimise their chances so they jump in with boost towards the end. Sorry that you lost your first rank.

(Merged to existing thread)

pinksweets4u
09-13-18, 05:21 PM
I still don?t have the duck pond. When I try to buy it it says I?ve reached my limit. Where is my duck pond? I don?t see it anywhere

Rynetory2
09-13-18, 08:50 PM
Check your cellar, it should be there.

Rynetory2
09-17-18, 04:35 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.