PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story: Holiday Suggestion Thread 2018

kooky panda
08-16-18, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

Please post your suggestions for Winter Holiday items!! What type of winter items would you like to see added to the game?

What are the previously released items you like to see for Winter Holiday?

You can post items for Halloween, Black Friday Sale, Winter Holidays, and Thanksgiving.

This thread will only be open for a short time, so don't delay in posting your wish list.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBSsNmrwChCjRPHcK_GnWoP-Jn_DRdS-mGV8hJPrXX_y6AmE4K4whttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCUZ-A1U6t1PLvcd3rHI1X860eb9FHHlr_A5VdS9cVw0-de1Ekhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDvd1XO_8H5Al_X506zReUiTT9_elFl uXRMpAyM3ODhwNkv0gi0Qhttps://rs1273.pbsrc.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/panda%20turkey%201_zpsqrlxpg2q.png?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

skyharbor602
08-16-18, 02:18 PM
The Halloween themed version of Dragon Story with the island being night and the spooky theme music just like the one in 2015.
For the winter holiday season, have a snowy version with different theme music.

kooky panda
08-16-18, 02:22 PM
The Halloween themed version of Dragon Story with the island being night and the spooky theme music just like the one in 2015.
Oh yes! I loved that Dragon story version!

Troyan7
08-16-18, 10:22 PM
A new island with thematic foliage.

A decently priced 5 or even 6-dragon habitat.

Emmajlb
08-17-18, 04:45 AM

Oh yes! I loved that Dragon story version!

Yes definitely, I love that one too. And a christmas/winter one would be amazing! Spin the wheel in october with previous halloween themed dragons and then in December with Christmas themed dragons please😊.

dovanificent
08-17-18, 05:23 AM
All gold given dragon to be on sale.

CranberryMil
08-17-18, 08:20 AM
Halloween

do you see that when a dragon return from arena it walk in the air to the habitat?

Well, sometime a "ghost version" of the dragon walks instead and when comes to the habitat "explode" in candys and return to his original form

The ghost version can be the same dragon but in white&black or literal a ghost dragon translucid and without legs (because it floats )

Black Friday Sale

dunno im not from a country with this tradition, but if you add in the store all decoration of 2017 for silver pieces i fell like is thematically correct.

Thanksgiving.

no idea .

Winter Holidays

Winter Map for Android users? :D

OR as alternative, low the probability of Winter dragon and Winter Elf dragon in White +Blue and call it "south hemisphere hollydays" is like in the north but without Winter

cat_chick10
08-17-18, 08:49 AM
I would like to see old dragons return. It doesn't matter specifically which ones, I just like the chance to get old ones that were limited before and I couldn't get, either because I wasn't playing at the time or I just didn't manage to get it.

Also, I really like the Mindvolt dragon, although I'm not sure it fits into any holiday themes. I would love to see it re-released.

rissah
08-17-18, 09:35 AM
Would love the options to win or craft past dragons and habitats for each season. For Christmas not sure if you've ever done dragons based on The Nutcracker like Sugar Plum Fairy dragon or something. Or Past, Present, Future and Scrooge dragons.

Athabasca55
08-17-18, 03:01 PM
Can we have a sale on habitats that are winter-themed, for 75-100 gold? This makes them affordable.

Also, a Community or World Event, on a Christmas/Hanukkah theme, would be awesome. If it could be like the most recent WE, It was so much more fun to play that event knowing the goals were attainable.

Perhaps a holiday/champion hybrid?

Thanks

random59
08-17-18, 04:46 PM
sorry but why does it have to be a winter theme for Christmas? Year in and out we who live in the Southern Hemisphere have to put up with a winter theme but guess what, it’s SUMMER down under!

Why discriminate? Isn’t it our turn to have a turn at a summer theme!

Just a thought, feel free to shout my idea down!

As for the Halloween theme that everyone loved which I thought was earlier than 2015, that was when the game went pear shaped and all the glitches and gremlins appeared in the game, so unless there was a beta trial for this to iron out problems, then no!

AwesomeChefDad
08-17-18, 05:24 PM
Marble key dragon or device

5-6-10 dragon habitats

Higher food producing options

Phoenix406
08-17-18, 07:16 PM
Fix the things we've been asking for, like faster crafting of Marble Keys, 4 and 5 dragon habitats, re-open the mine, etc. No sense in releasing a bunch of new dragons that we don't have room for. :(

skyharbor602
08-17-18, 07:51 PM
It's winter in the Southern Hemisphere but we have summer themes right now.

random59
08-17-18, 09:12 PM
It's winter in the Southern Hemisphere but we have summer themes right now.

AND, your point being? What we don’t get is a Christmas Summer themed event it is always winter, don’t you think that’s a bit selfish!

Themes should not solely be based on the Northern Hemisphere!

We also celebrate Christmas in July so we can have a winter Christmas so why can’t you celebrate a Christmas in summer?

AnnirasSweets
08-17-18, 09:41 PM
How about each holiday gets a specialized crop? What I'm thinking is something like this: We get a new 3-5 hour crop (no one has time to sit on the 10 min crop all day) that gives double the food and the crop is permanent but every holiday the look and name of the crop changes to reflect the season. It could rotate between seasonal names and looks or it could be holiday specific like a Ghost Apple for Halloween then Acorns for Fall or a Cranberry for Christmas. Just something to keep it entertaining and really draw our eye when we're planting food. We all spend so much time planting and harvesting but it's easily the least interesting aspect of game.

But really, the only thing I really want for Christmas is to be able to upgrade ALL habitats to hold 5 dragons. Sure, I've got a wishlist as long as my arm but I'd happily throw it out if only we got this one feature. Over the years there have been some GORGEOUS habitats that only hold three dragons. At the time, I thought nothing of this as three dragons was the norm, however with this land crisis three dragon habitats are a laugh. I don't want to sell the habitats I have, they're lovely and I paid gold for them, I'm not just tossing that away! But I would totally upgrade them to hold a few more dragons if I could. I know I'm not alone in this so really s8, every day you don't re-code the habitats is a day you're losing money, just sayin'.

Phoenix406
08-17-18, 10:23 PM
AND, your point being? What we don’t get is a Christmas Summer themed event it is always winter, don’t you think that’s a bit selfish!

Themes should not solely be based on the Northern Hemisphere!

We also celebrate Christmas in July so we can have a winter Christmas so why can’t you celebrate a Christmas in summer?

I don't have strong feelings on this, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that S8 makes their decisions based on where they have the most players. So if the majority are in the Northern Hemisphere, that is how they do the seasons/holidays.

That being said, they also tend to sometimes put things out for sale at odd times of year. Like, they just did Past, Present, and Future last month or in June or something.

Emmajlb
08-18-18, 05:00 AM
I love Christmas so I would be happy with a few christmas lights hanging around the island but because they never really change the background it would be nice for something different so I would love some snow but maybe they could do that on one half of the island to make it a winter wonderland and the other half a summer wonderland representing both north and south hemisphere christmas. But I think storm8 might be based in the the north and like Phoenix said a lot of the players are too so that is why they normally do winter themes which I don't think is selfish. AnnirasSweets I love the themed crop idea.

skyharbor602
08-18-18, 09:03 AM
I don't have strong feelings on this, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that S8 makes their decisions based on where they have the most players. So if the majority are in the Northern Hemisphere, that is how they do the seasons/holidays.

That being said, they also tend to sometimes put things out for sale at odd times of year. Like, they just did Past, Present, and Future last month or in June or something.

Exactly my point. Most of the players are in the Northern Hemisphere and Storm8 headquarters are in the Northern Hemisphere. There's nothing selfish about wanting a winter theme where the majority of the world's population are.

CranberryMil
08-18-18, 09:50 AM
is not Winter Theme, is Holidays theme

World Event: End Of Year Break

1st Milestone: Checkout Clock (decoration 4hours = vacation points)
2nd Milestone: Travel Bags (Decoration)
3rd Milestone: Homework Dragon (Spooky, Black, Holiday , Super Rare dragon)
Last milestone: Vacation Dragon (Holiday, Yellow, Blue, Ultra Rare )

There are 3 type of point "vacation" points:

untyped vacation (we get this except when breeding)
winter vacation point if you breed a Winter dragon
summer vacation point if you breed a Summer Holiday dragon (Common, 12 hrs, Pink+Yellow)

The Community prizes are

1st Prize Marble Keys (because you must lock your house before travel )
2nd Prize Golden Tickets (PLANE tickets )
3rd Prize none BUT at the end of the event:

Winter Points > Summer points We get a Winter theme dragon (some related to Mountains )
Winter Points < Summer points We get a Summer theme dragon (some related to Beachs)

Natasha_07
09-16-18, 07:57 PM
Please bring back previous Christmas/Winter habitats on sale and have new ones for 5 dragons at reasonable prices.

Also please make events during this holiday time more easier or give us more time, thanks. :)

Natasha_07
09-16-18, 09:03 PM
Forgot to mention please bring back the following dragons:

- Festive light
- Jingle
- Krampus
- Merry
- Noel
- Santa
- Sugarplum

- Inuit

ZuZu_Chan92
09-18-18, 04:04 PM
please return the dragons that produces gold with reasonable price on them
This will be a Christmas miracle 🙏🏻

ZuZu_Chan92
09-18-18, 04:05 PM
Christmas habitats reasonable price (not gold)

maika16
09-18-18, 08:43 PM
I think Black Friday should be just like, well, Black Friday! The time of year we can get all the sought after dragons and habitats for pennies! And Christmas is Christmas... I would gladly accept a gifted dragon from the Dragon Story creators! LOL.

AinoDK
09-18-18, 11:46 PM
Cheap 5-dragon habitats, especially for holding pink dragons (haven"t seen any of these). Loved when we could get the fairy crossroad for 75 gems. That opened my wallet!

New prize dragons: champion hybrids with only 1 other element: C-purple, C-gemstone, C-dino, C-olympus, C-stone etc

Sale on GPDs, especially Goldleaf which haven't been out since they were retracted

random59
09-19-18, 01:07 PM
Thanksgiving for you in the USA, upgradable farms for much better crop harvests to stay permanently and additional really high yielding crops for those who have nothing better to do with coins!

pod5124cra
09-19-18, 05:47 PM
All gold given dragon to be on sale.

Christmas wish.

At an obtainable price or for coins not gold. Lol
And if there are any decorations make them bigger so they can be seen.
Or make all habitats hold 10 dragons so we can stop buying them since there is no room for anymore.

RocioBM
09-26-18, 05:22 PM
I wish:
- Return of all the Gold Producing Dragons, at a lower price of course (~800 gold). I’m sure a lot of players would spend real money to buy them. I know I would :)
- More nature decorations: nice trees and flowers
- A revival of the Arctic Island
- Bring back old dragons from the mine and old special dragons like the Android Dragon

Rfs04
09-28-18, 12:33 PM
Adding my vote for shorter marble key crafting time
And a 2nd spell shop so we can craft keys in one n use other for tales n now crafting dragons for event and LB
And how bout selling marble keys? Preferably w coins but if gold something like 25 for 10 gold.

Of course a good sale on all the retired GDP. Please,please,please.

astrid_s
09-28-18, 03:09 PM
I would love to see these dragons return with a really good sale, like 800 bars! :)

Forbidden
Goldwing

But if not GPDs then:
Corona
Seaglass
River
Star Topper

And a permanent 10-hr crop that produces an exorbitant amount of food :D

FireballFarm
09-29-18, 02:53 PM
It would be great if some of the old Halloween, spooky, and costumed dragons were rereleased for breeding this year. A few examples:

Black Cat
Nightstalker
Plague Doctor
Voodoo Doll
Ghost Armor
Spirit Queen
Frightmare
Dracula
Gargoyle
Wraith
Zombie
Were
Visitor (not really Halloween-y, but alien is always a good costume!)
Frankendragon
Bride of Frankendragon
Raven
White Magic
Steampunk (another cool costume!)
Viking (costume)

A spooky *pure* Champ as a tourney boss, like Skeletal Knight or Immortal
(all the newer Champs have been hybrids)

For quite a while now, the vast majority of dragons being rereleased and used in offers have been only the newer ones, the dragons made in the 'neo' design style that has dominated the game since the big layoffs. They're all less than two years old - and some are only a few months old before being offered again. It's boring and repetitive. The old, pre-neo dragons had a lot more variety in their designs- different faces, different snouts, unique changes to the body styles, and simple, useful typing. Plus, lots of players don't have them, especially if they've been playing for less than 2 or 3 years. That's less than half the timespan of the game.

With 6 or 7 years of Halloween events and dragons, and over 1000 dragons to chose from, why keep reusing only the newer dragons? And why keep putting permanent, breedable dragons on 'sale' instead of rereleasing some old, expired dragons for breeding? It's a breeding and collecting game. We need to be able to breed and collect the old dragons we are missing.

There are lots of people who have been playing for less than 2 years, and players who took a long hiatus. They never had a chance to collect 3/4 of the dragons in the game. We should get the chance to breed and collect these cool, older dragons.

AwesomeChefDad
09-29-18, 04:04 PM
How about reverse the spooky decision to neuter Pyramid? That might be nice...take back a huge mistake and return Pyramid to being a strong battle dragon instead of a limp noodle.

retseho
09-29-18, 10:34 PM
How about reverse the spooky decision to neuter Pyramid? That might be nice...take back a huge mistake and return Pyramid to being a strong battle dragon instead of a limp noodle.

Highly unlikely.
As everyone who have used Pyramid to KO the L20 Champions easily, this will make tournaments easy to win. Sorry, poor Pyramid will remain limp.

rosym47
10-02-18, 11:04 AM
I do not celebrate Halloween, but many people do so no doubt we will get something.
What I would like to see is a travel theme because so many of us travel at Christmas and Thanksgiving. All dragons carrying gifts.
This would help include those who do not celebrate Christmas in the snow, and regardless of where you live few of us get much of the white stuff anyway. We can travel anywhere.

I would like to celebrate those who work during the holidays too. A hotel maid dragon in an apron, a taxi driver dragon in a cap. Of course nurses, doctors etc. Also urban habitats I'm sure dragons would like to come indoors.

Furytale
10-03-18, 04:55 AM
It would be nice if
- the Food rate in the Tale is lower
- we can buy 4-Dragon habitats for coins
- Passion is breedable again
- you could extend the breeding time for the month dragons from one week to the whole month

Sunny807
10-03-18, 05:23 AM
It would be great, if those nasty popups during gameplay will stop! I can't imagine a better christmas gift than this. It really sucks to see those ugly faces poping up for homedesign. Please stop it! Thank you!

skyharbor602
10-04-18, 10:03 PM
Bring habitats back to the Leaderboards
Eliminate common dragons for all events
Retire: Island, Sunrise, Lunar Ram, Neo Bubble and Luck Dragons
Bring back the 2015 Halloween Version of Dragon Story
Drop the two monthly dragons down to one
Expand the floating islands
Drop the number of keys needed to expand
Make dragons available in the codex 60 days after they're released.
Lower the food needed for Dragon Tales
Have a realistic method of expanding land. How about getting maps or marble keys on the dragon side of the mine as well as parts for the dragon?
Make corrupt dragons available to players

retseho
10-05-18, 01:13 AM
Have a realistic method of expanding land. How about getting maps or marble keys on the dragon side of the mine as well as parts for the dragon?

Add:
Being able to convert gems to essense.
Gems were obtained by leveling a dragon to L4 & trading it, this has been changed from getting gems to essense. Logically all the gems now sitting useless in storage should be converted to essense, this will help remove unused items which makes it hard to scroll/find items like the Twisted Spire.

Points producing objects in WE & LB should directly be placed on available free space, only going to storage if no free land is available.

lmmortaI1
10-12-18, 09:36 AM
Please more existing habitat upgrades to hold 5 dragons

More mining land

Better crops

Add all dragon types to codex, breeding and other buildings

Fix bugs and broken images that are all over the place

Gems to essence

Thank you

skyharbor602
10-12-18, 11:17 AM
Add:
Gems were obtained by leveling a dragon to L4 & trading it, this has been changed from getting gems to essense. Logically all the gems now sitting useless in storage should be converted to essense, this will help remove unused items which makes it hard to scroll/find items like the Twisted Spire.

Points producing objects in WE & LB should directly be placed on available free space, only going to storage if no free land is available.

Oh yes, that too. Good ideas!!!

Phoenix406
10-12-18, 01:25 PM
Add:

Excellent idea!

Troyan7
10-12-18, 02:13 PM
Corona dragon

5 dragon upgrade for diamond dragon habitat

kat8rose
10-12-18, 10:30 PM
Land with maps or more from mining, please! Can't use any decorations that we win in events, sold all my coin boosting buildings, please more land. The marble keys take toooo long

CranberryMil
10-13-18, 08:58 AM
A new portal to recicle Tales dragons to recover the food spend on.

Shewolf1953
10-13-18, 09:30 AM
Allow gifting and receiving of gold to five people a day instead of three.
Bring back Zodiac dragons for breeding.
Bring back older dragons for breeding.
Allow us to breed unbreedable dragons over the holidays.
Gift everyone a special dragon for Christmas!
Allow us to use our coins for purchasing special dragons or habitats.
Allow us to trade with other players (dragons, habitats, etc.)
Leave us more time between events so we can build our food stores!

skyharbor602
10-13-18, 10:16 AM
A new portal to recicle Tales dragons to recover the food spend on.

Now that's a wonderful idea because certain Tales dragons are just useless on the island and in the codex shop.

Sunny807
10-29-18, 11:14 PM
I"d like to bring back seasonal decorations on the Spinning Wheel. And please not so tiny. And perhaps new decorations in the market to buy for coins.
My lvl 173 game looks lovely, but my lvl 107 game has no chance to become that lovely too.

CranberryMil
10-30-18, 11:28 AM
I"d like to bring back seasonal decorations on the Spinning Wheel. And please not so tiny. And perhaps new decorations in the market to buy for coins.
My lvl 173 game looks lovely, but my lvl 107 game has no chance to become that lovely too.

I would like a magic shop recipe to make tiny decorations bigger
1x1 => 2x2 => 3x3 => 4x4

Sunny807
10-30-18, 09:11 PM
Oh that would be fantastic too

Ellerslie6
11-20-18, 09:48 AM

I totally agree with Skyharbour list AND also with Retseho addition.

Fyym
12-25-18, 12:04 PM
So what was the point in asking? If S8 didnt do anything? I only bring this up because of the joke of GPD dragon sale we have right now. 2000 gold down from 4000 of the fluffer dragon.

AwesomeChefDad
12-25-18, 12:34 PM
For Christmas I would like a bunch of mediocre dragons at high prices and a GPD for 2000 gold, no habitats of value or anything really cool.

Looks like I got my wish.

lmmortaI1
12-26-18, 05:10 PM
For Christmas I would like a bunch of mediocre dragons at high prices and a GPD for 2000 gold, no habitats of value or anything really cool.

Looks like I got my wish.

Just add not giving us anymore land and not bothering to fixing all the broken habitats released month after month and I got mine too

retseho
01-22-19, 05:57 PM
Just add not giving us anymore land and not bothering to fixing all the broken habitats released month after month and I got mine too

I wonder if the lack of land can be solved by adding underground levels, after all the mining, there should huge underground caverns which can be used for habitats.