PDA

View Full Version : ~~ Winter Holiday time in the Glimmerwoods! ~~

SpiritWind00
08-14-18, 03:07 PM
Planning is beginning for Christmas in the Glimmerwoods!

The time has come for us to post our ideas about what we would like to see for Christmas time events and also Black Friday sales (end Nov).

Your ideas about new prizes, new items, new decorations, re-release of items etc are now requested.

oops forgot to include occasions before Christmas like Halloween and Thanksgiving!

This thread will only be open for a couple of weeks so start posting! :)

Wendylindy
08-14-18, 04:53 PM
My suggestions,

Black Friday----alicorns or some major energy source, gold mines

New idea---a building, maybe a ticket booth, that works like the gold mines but gives GUARANTEED trade ticket/tickets. Perhaps even a rare expansion ticket.

pearlShine2018
08-14-18, 04:58 PM
Hi.... I would like to see the likes of dragon event again. something for the new players to catch up with all those special things old players have

CathyDucky
08-14-18, 05:15 PM
My suggestions,

Black Friday----alicorns or some major energy source, gold mines

New idea---a building, maybe a ticket booth, that works like the gold mines but gives GUARANTEED trade ticket/tickets. Perhaps even a rare expansion ticket.

Agreed. Any item that gives energy or trade tickets / expansion permit will always be welcomed.

chewingthecud
08-14-18, 08:06 PM
Hello S8. I am a huge Christmas fan and I loved the pile of gifts available a few years back. You collected each day and won a prize - I really liked this as it was a small present each day. The prize was random. Outside of that any true Christmas themed events would be lovely. I missed this the last years - the recent Holiday events were not really Christmas events. I realise not everyone celebrates the event from a religious point of view however Christmas is Christmas and we can all just have fun with it. Thanks.:)

Oh yes, what about a Santa walker to be won with crowns??? Or Rudolf?

SpiritWind00
08-14-18, 08:17 PM
Amending to include ideas for Halloween too! And thanksgiving! :)

riverly
08-14-18, 08:57 PM
Maybe something like an Ali with Christmas lights around its neck.
A Peppermint Bush
A North Pole Toy Shop
A Gumdrop House -could be a knockoff of the Love Shack.

A house decorated like the Griswalds-as many twinkle lights possible - but without the RV.
Ivy's Christmas cocktail served in icy copper mugs with extra lime. Mmmmmm.

Really, I'd be happy with an Ali.

AnnirasSweets
08-14-18, 09:57 PM
Wow, this is really hard! At any given time I've got a dozen ideas ready to go but when put on the spot all the ideas sort of get clogged up but for starters...

A Christmas Feast Table - along the lines of the Mystery Dinner Table/Bountiful Table but Christmas-y. We have many items that drop Simple/Hearty Feasts so it would be nice if we could get some items that focused on the other feasts to even things out.

Themed Peacocks - I think the Peacocks are the most beautiful pets--they're so intricately colored and detailed. I'd love to see them for any holiday really from Halloween to New Year's.

Gingerbread Themed Christmas Goals - We could have a Gingerbread Kitchen wherein we can craft all manner of gingerbread items/decos that are useful, not just decos but they have drops. The prizes could be a family Gingerbread people or animals that would drop the materials that we'd need to continue crafting the gingerbread items throughout the year. Along the lines of the Vineyard Tree/Vineyard Crafts but gingerbread and the items we make are useful.

Some Male Characters - All of the people we have (not walkers, the people with timers) are female; i.e. the Damsel, Aetas, Celestine, Aideen, etc. The only male presence on my board is Aanpa and those Plush Kings if either of those even count, lol. It'd be nice to see some male characters come live in our realms. We could have a Vampire but instead of drinking blood they live off of the rare Red Magic Fruit or perhaps even a witch doctor of some sort for Halloween. For Thanksgiving some Quaker/Pilgrims with their little pilgrim hats and wide belts. And naturally at Christmas time we could get some Elves in our realms.

And I think it goes without saying that we'd like to see some Holiday Themed Alis: An Ali in a Turkey costume, Peppermint Ali, Blue Icicle Ali, An Ali in a Santa Suit, Vampire Ali, Mummy Ali, Gingerbread Ali, really the list is endless.

Bybrr
08-14-18, 10:24 PM
I'm level 29 and only been playing about 1 1/2 months but I like to visit my level 50 neighbors and admire some of their acquisitions. I tend to admire the realistic animals and castle related decorations more than the fantasy ones. Here are my favorites that I would love a chance to earn:
Royal and Spring Peacocks I agree with AnnirasSweets that they are the most beautiful decoration!
All Royal Games event - Knight's Training etc.
All Royal Faire event- Jousting Knight, Jousting Steed etc.
All Knight's Tale event- White and Dark Knight Steeds
Vineyard Horse, Vineyard Pergola, Brewery, Vineyard Estate

For Halloween: I liked the jack-o-lanterns and tomb but I think there should be a graveyard where we can arrange several different styles of tombstones with interesting shapes, that way we can decide how big to make it (it would need an nice fence and gate too, maybe next to the Cathedral...).

For Thanksgiving: the wild turkey, vineyard items, harvest items, pumpkins, a grand feast, cider pressing, food baskets for glimmerwood neighbors.

Christmas: something Scottish! I'd love a kilted walker in my kingdom. Bagpipes, tartan, maybe a Druid in the story.

kendysek
08-15-18, 12:00 AM
Peppermint bush and Gingerbread Ali sounds great!

I would like to have something very christmassy. I missed that last year, while we had just dancing violet fairy. Nothing festive. I would love reindeers, christmas trees, or just nice pine trees - maybe with snow on them or other items with snow on them. And CANDY CANES! Love them. :)

AND PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING THAT DROPS CHOCOLATE, maybe a reindeer! :love_heart:

Halloween events are always great! I can't complain or I didn't miss anything last years. Maybe more ghosts and something with spiders. ;)

GiselleX16
08-15-18, 12:54 AM
I suggested this a few years ago, but it would really be nice to see something related to Chanukah. We could grow potatoes and make latkes and applesauce in the kitchens, make menorahs in the forge and candles in the workshop (goal would be eight candles), and maybe play dreidel games. And chocolate gelt (coins)! This would work perfectly for eight days of goals.

Because not everyone celebrates Christmas :).

federerGOAT
08-15-18, 01:15 AM
Would love a rune exchange booth or a rune trade added to the Royal Exchange.

Something like exchange 300 bronze and 50 silver runes for 1 gold rune.

RogueDagger
08-15-18, 02:35 AM
?Halloween ideas:
Deco
Teepeed trees or building, apple bobbing deco, black and orange ballon or ballon arch, witches, spiders, a building reminiscent of the glimmer bat habitat.
Event ideas
A build your own frankenstein.
A zombie attack.
Something with werewolves.

?Thanksgiving ideas:
Deco
An animated fireplace with a decorated mantle that has multi-drops (wood, living wood, sap, those berries we get from acre trees).
A lake like pond surrounded by fallen leaves and fall colored trees.
Event ideas:
A pilgrim turkey hunt.
A horn of plenty/cornucopia we build ourselves by planting crops (cranberries, special corn, potatoes) or hunting/searching for needed items that has food drops of chocolate, sweet feast, spicy feast, multiple drops of corn and tomatoes, hot peppers, cabbages.

?Christmas ideas:
Like AnnirasSweets posted, something gingerbread related for either event or decoration .
Deco
Snowman walker that hops around trailing snow, a flying Santa-sled-reindeer walker, trees with animated blinking lights, animated snow globe.
Event ideas:
Maybe an elf workshop helping Santa pack his sled.
Decorating a huge 2x2 or 3x3 Christmas tree having to make/find/collect decorations that are used to upgrade.
Another daily gift from storm8 reminiscent of the glimmer pearl event only our daily gift is a stuffed stocking that you chop once like a rainbow pot that drops random themed decorations or items needed for the event.
A prettily wrapped present that we buy for 15-20 gems also acting like a rainbow pot that drops everything the rainbow pot does.

hagypagy
08-15-18, 04:28 AM
There?s a lot of great suggestions floating around so I won?t add to the mix, but what I will say is that the ?Christmas? celebrations should NOT be related to Christmas or Santa! This is an international game and going with a Christmas theme will isolate a large player demographic. It should be a winter celebration done Glimmerwoods style. Presents are a must to tie in the Christmas theme. Random drops that have been employed in previous years in relation to gifts should be avoided. It should be that players are rewarded for their efforts.

Also Castle Story?s birthday is soon approaching so don?t forget about this Storm8.

(Also for Halloween I?d love a spider walker similar to our Crab walker :cool: )

newpam575
08-15-18, 07:00 AM
Would love a rune exchange booth or a rune trade added to the Royal Exchange.

Something like exchange 300 bronze and 50 silver runes for 1 gold rune.

Inwould love a rune exchange: bronze for silver.

jackylina29
08-15-18, 07:28 AM
Since we have gotten more expansion plots that require a lot of expansion permits it would be great to have more things that randomly drop expansion permits....like the white flyger/direwolf....maybe one per season (halloween, thanksgiving, xmas).

halloween....love zombies

thanksgiving or xmas it would be cool to have like a wishing fountain that is similar to barons tent but instead of only offering one thing per day let it off 6 items out of how evermany the more the better but let us choose from the different things to add to our kingdoms...everyone has different tastes so instead of filling our inventory with useless stuff we will use most of the items we choose and how many. \\

somekind of building that lets us sell unfinished or unwanted stuff...i have buildings half finished and a ton of deco i never use or will want to..let us trade or sell for thnaksgiving....or have a building that lets us buy the stuff we need to finish the unfinished items. there are things i tried to hard to finish but time ran out so it doesnt drop what it could drop if it were finished.

you could add boosts for building we need to tap for an animal to spawn or drop something we need for timed quests...we have to gem speed but i guess that wont happen so they get more money from us to finish an event...nm

love the town square hope a lot more quests are town square related so we have as much time as we need to finish them. i like timed quests but its such a dissapointment when we try so hard to finish but just run out of time...games are supposed to be fun and happy and everyone should have a chance to get prizes so maybe merry xmas no more leaderboards :)

love the new trees like heart trees and bule ones and silvery ones so holiday themed ones would be welcome but let us store unless we already started chopping.

always holiday themed alis and nagas.

more original items in barons tent instead of the same 4-6 things every month no one wants...unless they are always alis and nagas :)

more food dropping buildings..actual food not single crops. (thanksgiving/xmas)

tons more great ideas but most likely will never happen...if i knew how to make a game like this i totally would do all the stuff i read on forums as much as i could....there are wasted tabs in inventory and non trashable items we all would like to get rid of...why keep in and clutter when you can get rid of and improve? anyways do love some of the new stuff like i said town square/crowns, more monster hunts when i first started playing it was a year or 2 before i ever saw a monster hunt...its more fun then when i started playing just disappointing sometimes with unfinished stuff when i worked so hard and to just miss the mark is gut wrenching but i keep playing daily a lot through out the day.

myhsplace
08-15-18, 12:50 PM
the main thing i would love to see is the big pretty "splendid christmas tree" re-released.
the witch's cauldron and although not a christmas or the other holidays listed item, a great S8 Christmas day surprise would be to make the Love Shack available for gems for those that have been asking for it for years.

claupu
08-15-18, 01:00 PM
Black Friday: Discount on the Cabbage Hut
Love the idea of a ?Gold Mine? for Trade Tickets and Expansion Permits.
Something that drops Chocolate and any related items.
A trade for all the Elven stuff we can do in the Reliquary.
We should be able to have a second Royal Exchange.

That?s all I can think of at the moment.

Bybrr
08-15-18, 01:24 PM
I will say is that the ?Christmas? celebrations should NOT be related to Christmas or Santa! This is an international game and going with a Christmas theme will isolate a large player demographic. It should be a winter celebration done Glimmerwoods style.

How about an annual Glimmerwood Winter Festival?
Activities: Sleigh rides with another great horse, snow forts and snowball fights, making snow angels, crafting paper snowflakes with our magic scissors, sledding down hills, bonfires, ice skating, skiing, dog sledding, ice sculpture, snow shoeing, ice fishing, perhaps a relay race or obstacle course event with several of these..., caroling to bring good cheer could be a neighbor request, knitting winter scarves and mittens.
Food: baking all sorts of treats: glimmer cookies, fruit cakes, wassail, eggnog, Yule logs, pies, roasted meats, gravy, hot toddies, short bread
Animals: snowshoe rabbit (would make a cute walker hopping about the kingdom), white stag, white wolf, ermine, ptarmigan, white boar, personal pet like a dog or cat started as a puppy or kitten
Buildings: Ice castle, snow fort, outhouse (we have a winter outhouse race here locally, hilarious, they put them on skids and push them down the street), woodshed, candy store or sweet shoppe

stm4522
08-15-18, 03:10 PM
Would love to have a building like the Love Shack so we could make Alicorns, dragons, peacocks.
A building or an adventure that allows us to work on trade tickets and expansion permits that is not as slow as the Exchange.
More ways to earn crowns for use in the Town Square.
More untimed events and timed events that can be completed by all levels.
A better organized inventory and a way to sell or use all the past materials in our inventories that are getting very dusty.

All of the above can be in any holiday theme and maybe change the green grass to snow in our kingdom so we can have a Winter Wonderland.

Am ready for the holidays! Hi, Spiritwind - So glad to have my kingdom back!

morsith
08-15-18, 03:21 PM
I suggested this a few years ago, but it would really be nice to see something related to Chanukah. We could grow potatoes and make latkes and applesauce in the kitchens, make menorahs in the forge and candles in the workshop (goal would be eight candles), and maybe play dreidel games. And chocolate gelt (coins)! This would work perfectly for eight days of goals.

Because not everyone celebrates Christmas :).

I agree, they need to be more inclusive of other holidays as well. Would love a Chinese New Year event in February too

PrincessCelestian
08-15-18, 05:27 PM
Please please please make my queendom all snowy!

candie1230
08-15-18, 08:10 PM
Please bring back the love shack for purchase for the people who don’t have it

jkc619
08-15-18, 08:28 PM
I would love to see a nice Halloween building like the haunted keep. I was not playing that year and missed it and when I see one on someone’s kingdom I want to weep! I love Halloween!

Lavenderdale
08-15-18, 08:48 PM
I'd like to get something that drops sweet feasts or spicy feasts, or some ingredients thereof. I started in March 2018 so the bountiful table etc were before my time.

My calculations say a Sweet Feast requires 75 Sugarcane, 50 Cocoa Beans, 50 Milk, 50 Strawberries, 25 Sap and 1 Silver Platter. It's 40 cycles through the Kitchens plus 1 in the Kiln before the final Assembly cycle, totalling 42. An occasional Sugar (horses?) or Syrup drop (infrequent from my gem-bought Maple Trees!) doesn't make much of a dent.

Compared to that, a Spicy Feast is painless, just needing 25 Roast Chickens, 30 Water, 50 Wheat, 60 Eggs, 30 Hot Peppers, and 5 Rat Tails. It's only 10+5+5+1 = 21 Kitchen cycles. A bargain! I get a Noodles drop once in a blue moon, but Ivy's Sauce is showing up consistently, probably from my Guard Dogs.

So, a little mercy would be welcome! The only Winter (not Christmas) tie-in is unfortunately the Sap/Syrup. In real life it can be made into Maple Syrup Snow Candy, aka Maple Taffy, a hit at festivals or at home. You pour the boiling syrup on snow, and as it cools you can wrap it around a popsicle stick to lift it.

Boosted sources for sap exist in the game, and it's used for other things like glue. But a *consistent* source for ready-made syrup and/or sugar would be welcome. And even a "*random* drop of Spicy or Sweet Feasts would open my wallet!

(Afterthought: maybe ready-made chocolate - usable for cooking! - to give Halloween Trick or Treaters?)

Thanks for listening.

suzishine
08-15-18, 09:51 PM
Halloween: Witches! 🖤🕸🕷💃🏻🧙🏽*♀️🧟*♀️🧛🏿*♀️🧛🏼*♀️ 🎃😻☠️💀Looove witches! A couldron to create different magical things - needing bones and drop of griffin tear etc.... creating a black alicorn that can give energ?a! Yey! And maybe a black cat also: cats are my favorite. Maybe this have been before..

Christmas: 🤶🏼🎅🏼⭐️🍪🍭🍬🥨☃️⛄️❄️
Build a snowman! Bake (very good ideas already mentioned)! 💕💗 decorate trees, make a gift, gift wrapping, help Sabra deliver gifts, create a reindeer that gives energy / expension permits.. possible to give gifts to neighbors, .:..

Maybe I?ll think on it a while and update later also - just remove if there is nothing interesting

ShibuyaCloth
08-15-18, 11:46 PM
I would like to see an item with "X" as first letter :p, we have none so far.

zarac18
08-16-18, 12:44 AM
Not sure if this was even suggested previously:

During the period between Christmas and New Year, kindly provide lower/discount:

- The number of Trade Tickets use to trade for ONE Expansion Permits, and
- The number of Expansion Permits and coins use to buy each piece of land

Hehe...really hope S8 can grant me this Christmas wish!

SpiritWind00
08-16-18, 02:03 AM
I would like to see an item with "X" as first letter :p, we have none so far.
Oh that's hilarious- more so as I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Haha:)

Stymie52
08-16-18, 09:23 AM
It would be great to bring back the turkey animals for Thanksgiving.

kiteflyer62
08-16-18, 10:06 AM
I'm not Christian, so I'd like to see wintry items that isn't read as Christmas. Snow themed, scarves on animals (that aren't red and green).

A snow alicorn, frost alicorn, something like that.

wamboltia
08-16-18, 10:50 AM
All I want for Christmas is: to be able to do something with all this junk in my inventory.

P.S. I love Autumn (not Thanksgiving) I want pumpkins, with the option to carve :love-struck: I want pretty fall trees, I want leaf piles (make them pathways if you have to) and don’t make it gem purchase.

Dinatized
08-16-18, 11:07 AM
I would love to have some ali?s and rainbow pots :)

purrdue5
08-16-18, 11:27 AM
I agree with wambolt I would like a gift getting rid of items in my inventory so I can find my important items more easily. Also would like more ways to get expansions. PLEASE

barbarix
08-16-18, 12:40 PM
LoveSanta as walker and yes, would like to see Christmassy things...

canyon123rose
08-16-18, 03:39 PM
Halloween stuff for sure -so sorry I missed the glimmerbat habitat! Would live to have a way to build a haunted castle again and not just a skin to go over existing keep but a whole new haunted castle. Like the graveyard someone else mentioned.

dipwid
08-16-18, 03:54 PM
For Christmas/yule: a north pole (an actual pole similar to the street lanterns), a gumdrop alcorn, yule candle wreaths. Bring back the kingdom inn and holiday stable. For Halloween: some crows/ravens, a damsel with the high pointed hat with a veil, a pumpkin headed horseman, for Thanksgiving bring back the Turkey and the cornucopia. I would like a tin woodsman to complete my oz theme, and please give us a chance at the love shack, even if you limit the alicorns to only 4.(we would rather you wouldn't so we can have a chance to catch up a little on the old timers).

rebanne
08-16-18, 04:46 PM
Definitely missed Christmas theming. I also would like to see more items that would supply extra energy and/or difficult items to get such as expansion permits,especially now that we need more of them given the new story lines.

hagypagy
08-17-18, 01:49 PM
A way to raise our walker cap in the Town Square!!
We have so many great walkers it would be great if we could display them all.
Especially seeing our kingdoms have grown with all the new expansions the past month.
Maybe a special holiday quest to unlock a higher cap.

pongkay
08-17-18, 06:07 PM
Citizen Santa!

elliejagh
08-17-18, 07:30 PM
Seeing as the holidays around Christmas for everyone is typically one of the larger celebrations, I have a rather gigantic idea.

Dream Land:
A secondary mirror land where all items you have are available, but none do anything but look pretty and decorative. I have hundreds of items in inventory that I neither have room nor use for.

Every holiday, I really want to decorate or spend oodles of time selecting the perfect placement for my holiday and seasonal items, but don?t, because I need the room for the latest quest or ordinary play. My kingdom is for the utility of having three libraries or six cottages available at all times, but no paths or old quest items.

You, as developers, spent so much time making trees and snowmen and banners and trophies, and I?ve spent time and money earning and buying them. They?re gorgeous, usually, but after the quest, the majority of items no longer have use on my board ever again.

Imagine a dream land, that mirrors the expansions and space available on the regular kingdom, but with paths and arches and every Halloween building I?ve got with creepy statues and animated flames and pets. A wintery Christmas playground where my 60 elves can finally see the light of day! Next to my gorgeous winter fountains and statues! And when Easter rolls around again, my dream kingdom can explode with the dozens of flowers and Easter eggs I?ve got tucked away.

Then imagine monthly kingdom contests for gorgeously decorated kingdoms!

All that joy part aside, I would certainly be more inclined to spend gems on decorations in bulk, because I?m the kind of player that thinks six bouquets lining a path is far prettier than one. I?d also have a lot of space to seasonally decorate, and would have to purchase more to fill it.

This could be available year round, and cost like 500 or 1000 gems to activate. So ya.. that?s my big wish for Christmas and thanks for asking!! 🤪😊

suzishine
08-18-18, 12:20 AM
✨🌟💫✨⭐️✨💡✨⭐️✨💫🌟✨
Is there any way to take away all the arrows and small watering cans..? Could they glow instead when it?s time to collect? Or be more greyed out / or have a cloud over when it?s not possible to collect, so I don?t have to see so much arrows all the time..? 🙈😂😂😘😘

Or just a tiny starlikedot hovering over each item when it?s possible to collect? Can just do on animals and plants? ... or that they glow when it?s collection time - are grey/ foggy when you cannot collect yet and have to wait...???

✨💫🌟✨⭐️🍃🌸🍃⭐️✨🌟💫✨

laudenum
08-18-18, 02:34 AM
I would really like to be able to choose whether my walkers are moving all the time or put them stationary sometimes. With the ability to switch to either as I choose. After all, no one in real life wanders aimlessly 24/7

QueenCarolyn
08-18-18, 07:39 AM
I would like to see some skins for the buildings that can easily come on and off. So you could have a Christmas skin that you put on at Christmas and then take it off and not have to rebuild the whole building. A few years ago you had a 8 days of Christmas event. It was very fun every day having new items. Like a Partridge in a pear tree and eight maids a milking. Hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies. No chopping please!

LadyAurora3
08-18-18, 09:44 AM
Would love to see a Halloween event and/or autumnal one. I love that time of year :-)

LadyAurora3
08-18-18, 09:45 AM
That sounds a great idea! Be lovely to see the whole map in a theme! I also loved the Valentine one a few years ago too. But that's for next year :-)

PrincessCelestian
08-18-18, 12:42 PM
There?s a lot of great suggestions floating around so I won?t add to the mix, but what I will say is that the ?Christmas? celebrations should NOT be related to Christmas or Santa! This is an international game and going with a Christmas theme will isolate a large player demographic. It should be a winter celebration done Glimmerwoods style. Presents are a must to tie in the Christmas theme. Random drops that have been employed in previous years in relation to gifts should be avoided. It should be that players are rewarded for their efforts.

Also Castle Story?s birthday is soon approaching so don?t forget about this Storm8.

(Also for Halloween I?d love a spider walker similar to our Crab walker :cool: )

In the past years S8 have flip flopped between just winter events and then Christmas events. I think it?s a nice mixup to be able to include both. We have had several years where it is just winter and not Christmas. I personally love having Christmas related events and items. Even though I am not a Christian, I do celebrate Christmas. I would also be cool with celebrating other religious holidays like Hanukkah and Chinese New Year. After all we do Easter every year and no one complains about it being a Christian holiday. I would also love to have a thanksgiving event again with a feast table. I love my feast table and want another one.

GiselleX16
08-18-18, 11:15 PM
I would love to see Passover recognized! The kingdom can provide just about everything needed for the Seder table already.

ZOOMANIA69
08-19-18, 05:03 AM
Twenty-Five Days of Christmas. Build and decorate the Town Square's Grand Christmas Tree. Each day, much like the neighbor requests to earn chests, players earn a present or ornament added to the tree(one per day). Those presents/or ornaments cannot be opened/collected until Dec 25! At least 1 or two of the gifts would be a decent player appreciation gift.

LostCauses
08-22-18, 06:38 PM
Bring back the hot chocolate

jbfps116
08-23-18, 04:09 AM
Maybe something like an Ali with Christmas lights around its neck.
A Peppermint Bush
A North Pole Toy Shop
A Gumdrop House -could be a knockoff of the Love Shack.

A house decorated like the Griswalds-as many twinkle lights possible - but without the RV.
Ivy's Christmas cocktail served in icy copper mugs with extra lime. Mmmmmm.

Really, I'd be happy with an Ali.

wow really cool ideas. i'd LOVE to see a pure white alicorn with a string of colored christmas lights!

jbfps116
08-23-18, 04:17 AM
a PAWN SHOP to sell all our junk inventory items. exchange for an *equally random* coins, runes, or gems
RUNE exchange to get gold and silver ones.

christmas light trees and FENCES

alicorn farm. like a revamp of the love shack. takes some rare items to make alicorns, and maybe a few different varieties as well. or even choose your own color alicorns

Lavenderdale
08-23-18, 03:04 PM
a PAWN SHOP to sell all our junk inventory items. exchange for an *equally random* coins, runes, or gems
RUNE exchange to get gold and silver ones.

christmas light trees and FENCES

alicorn farm. like a revamp of the love shack. takes some rare items to make alicorns, and maybe a few different varieties as well. or even choose your own color alicorns

Beyond a Pawn Shop, how about a "Toys for Tots" bin where you gift your excess items *absolutely free* with no return. Just happy to get them out of my bank, and I'm only 140 pages!

bumbleebeeville
08-23-18, 03:15 PM
Pawn Shop

Or what about a straight exchange of one item one energy. They could limit the exchange to not include crops and a few other items that would really cause an imbalance.

eastie41
08-25-18, 09:15 PM
Thank you for asking for our input!

CS can benefit from exploring themes that stretch the bandwidth of holidays/celebrations, etc. There are many traditions and cultures that will provide wonderful quest lines.

Suggestions:

1.Chanukah

2.Bodhi Day: 8 December*– Day of Enlightenment

3.Diwali: mid-October–mid-November*( Festival of Lights )

4. Yule time - Odin ( Norse mythology god)

5. Aurora Borealis - the Northern Lights

Thanks, again

Glimmerless
08-30-18, 02:49 AM
Black Friday sales:

I don't know what people usually post for this. Does Spellbound Bloom ever go on sale? I do want it one day, it'd be nice if it went on sale. :) A lot of items like the Magic Fruit Tree were offered as optional tasks at discounts, but as a newer player at the time, I didn't understand the need for it. If any of those went on sale, I'd be interested.

-

Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Winter time events:

I like the Floating Lanterns. I'd like any item/decorations that float or give off some sort of glow. The items I really like are the "otherworldly" ones because Glimmerwood is a magical place. I like items that fit the theme and help make the kingdom seem so. I also like things with a twist - like a tiny whale item? Large penguin? Friendly ghosts? I don't know what sort of ideas have already been used, so I kept it sort of vague, sorry if it just seems unhelpful. :D I feel like any ideas I have will already have been used. Snowflake Fences? Snowflake Path has probably already been used, haha. Alice in Wonderland theme?

For Halloween, instead of focusing on the spooky element, maybe children who come to the Glimmerwood and want some help finding the right costumes? The fun, celebratory part of the holiday.

I guess one idea is another Sir Pigglesworth character who gives out a wide range of random items. A Miss Piggybank? Lol. More than likely gives common items, but once in a while drops something super helpful, like the Energy, Gems, and Enchanted Beams/Blocks. He's one of my more favorite items because it feels nice when clicking on him so much finally pays off and gives a good item, especially right when you need it. Maybe it can be a building - Ruler's House?

shellea73
09-01-18, 11:19 AM
For Halloween: I have a witch fairie flying on a broom from a couple of years ago. Would like to have another like we do with the fairies. Would love to see some ghosts, bats, etc
For Christmas:
Snow! A winter wonderland. I love the idea someone has about floating lanterns. I only recieved on my quest so I would love more opportunities for floating lanterns.

maridadi
09-02-18, 11:57 PM
For players who missed the 2013 love shack, a new “Christmas” shack (maybe Santa’s toy shack) with the ability to craft weekly white Alis would be great. And one that will allow for more than one or two limited Alis and become a permanent t feature, like the baron’s tent. In fact the variation would be to periodically change the crafable animals like Santa pets in Dec, valentine pets in Feb, etc.

heartsfull
09-06-18, 03:54 PM
Remember the Treeples. I think we need Rockples: monsters made of stone that drop rock piles, glimmer rocks etc.
Also Gargoyles: either as a pet or a timed decoration with useful drops.

bumbleebeeville
09-08-18, 03:43 PM
For Halloween, instead of focusing on the spooky element, maybe children who come to the Glimmerwood and want some help finding the right costumes? The fun, celebratory part of the holiday.

I really like this idea. Also, I wish we had more Halloween tree stuff or something.

histoplasmosis
09-09-18, 07:16 PM
Snow and a blue and white sparkly alicorn

danzplace
09-19-18, 01:45 PM
Loved the idea of a cauldron that let you make black unicorns! It could be love shack 2.0!!! The black unicorns are beautiful

VersaceMorrow
09-19-18, 02:04 PM
Snow and a blue and white sparkly alicorn

I don't think we've ever had a winter or Christmas alicorn.... that would be nice!

hagypagy
09-19-18, 08:20 PM
Remember the Treeples. I think we need Rockples: monsters made of stone that drop rock piles, glimmer rocks etc.
Also Gargoyles: either as a pet or a timed decoration with useful drops.

Ooo! I love these ideas!!

manu90ela
09-20-18, 05:43 AM
In Germany the time before christmas there is someyhing called Adventskalender. It is like a calendar where you count down the days until christmas eve.
It starts the first of December and every day there is a surprise (in most of the calendars it is chocolate) to discover in this calendar. The biggest surprise is behind the Number 24 on the day of Christmas Eve.

It would be great to transfer this to castle story! Every day you click on the "advent calendar" and you get a gift. Like maybe one day it could be a trade ticket, an other an expansion permit and so on... the 24 would have to be something great for example a Winter Alicorn! 🤩 Or even better something similar to the love shack to craft alicorns!

bobbyrae
09-20-18, 09:57 AM
Loved the idea of a cauldron that let you make black unicorns! It could be love shack 2.0!!! The black unicorns are beautiful

yes...

In Germany the time before christmas there is someyhing called Adventskalender. It is like a calendar where you count down the days until christmas eve.
It starts the first of December and every day there is a surprise (in most of the calendars it is chocolate) to discover in this calendar. The biggest surprise is behind the Number 24 on the day of Christmas Eve.

It would be great to transfer this to castle story! Every day you click on the "advent calendar" and you get a gift. Like maybe one day it could be a trade ticket, an other an expansion permit and so on... the 24 would have to be something great for example a Winter Alicorn! 朗 Or even better something similar to the love shack to craft alicorns!

...and yes again :)

kit9170
09-20-18, 11:29 AM
I also like the idea of a Rune exchange and a pawn shop/barter building to get rid of all the old stuff from prior quests. I don?t like having useless stuff clogging up my inventory.

kit9170
09-20-18, 11:37 AM
Another thing I would love is a wish book for finishing buildings from old quests. Maybe it can have a page for each incomplete building and you can select one to work on at a time.

While you work on it, you can either get the necessary drops from activities in your kingdom or do small quests to earn the upgrade items. These would not be timed, but they would provide another item to work on between events and it would allow us to finish the buildings even if we couldn?t finish the quest and get the prizes during the event.

I have many partial buildings in inventory and would love to get them finished!

We could make it only apply to ones that are over a certain age (maybe a year) if we want to make sure people who do manage to finish don?t feel *****ed.

kit9170
09-20-18, 11:45 AM
I tried to post this idea early but can?t find it. Please forgive me if I duplicated my post.

I would love to have a new bank vault or savings deposit box building. With it we could ?lock up? our gems so they couldn?t be spent until we were ready to do so. It would eliminate the gem trap problem without adding more pop up boxes.

I don?t know if it would be an all or nothing option and new gems would ?deposit? automatically or if it would only apply to gems we chose to deposit. In the latter case we would need to deposit gems periodically but we would be able to keep a few out for small purchases as we choose.

This would be a marvelous holiday gift for players at all levels!

Eilonthay
09-21-18, 11:46 AM
I really love Christmas and during one of the past events, I picked up some Christmas trees that were choppable for event items...but then I discovered that I couldn't put them away, so a corner of my queendom has been celebrating Christmas for at least a couple of years now, all year long. If you make any more Christmas trees or any decorations at all that need to be chopped for event items, please make them storable after the event is over. I'd like to be able to free up some space during the rest of the year and then decorate for Christmas whenever I want!

A neat Christmas village would be nice, maybe with a sleigh and reindeer and a Santa. A really big Christmas tree, like the ones real world cities put up every year, would be cool too. We don't have anything really big like that, except some of the larger buildings. And if it had flashy lights or a twinkly star, that'd be awesome. Ever thought about having snow fall throughout December, just as an atmospheric sort of thing? Not a heavy blizzard sort of thing, but just light snowfall every now and then.

I'd also like to be able to donate all the past event stuff I don't want to some community gift giving event or something, that will clear it out of my inventory and either convert it to gold or other resources or I don't know what. Or maybe just give us an additional function in the trade wagon to trade parts for other stuff. I need my inventory back! It's too full!

Eilonthay
09-21-18, 11:49 AM
Another thing I would love is a wish book for finishing buildings from old quests. Maybe it can have a page for each incomplete building and you can select one to work on at a time.

While you work on it, you can either get the necessary drops from activities in your kingdom or do small quests to earn the upgrade items. These would not be timed, but they would provide another item to work on between events and it would allow us to finish the buildings even if we couldn?t finish the quest and get the prizes during the event.

I have many partial buildings in inventory and would love to get them finished!

We could make it only apply to ones that are over a certain age (maybe a year) if we want to make sure people who do manage to finish don?t feel *****ed.

I SO AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS!

There are too many partially finished buildings in my inventory that I'd like to complete, but can't anymore. Finishing with gems would amount to hundreds of dollars I don't have.

LadyRe76
09-23-18, 09:42 PM
Maybe a Halloween tree and the re-release of past Halloween items. Basically any thing that allows us to use up past items that we already have in storage to get rid of them. Also bring back the drops to the pile of gifts and new Christmas trees. It was nice collecting from the pile of gifts everyday.

MarchRosie18
10-06-18, 08:25 AM
My Christmas wishes for Castle Story! :)

- A huge beautiful Christmas tree with realistic/glowy lights
- Snowy christmas arches and hedges/fences
- An icy blue and white sparkling alicorn
- A winter animal: a white rabbit, fox or a stag
- An xmas decorated cathedral and tavern
- Some type of winter crop like root veg, rhubarb or herbs we can harvest
- A candy shop/cottage
- A wintry version of the castle gardens would be really pretty!

If the theme song could be a little different during Christmas I would love that.

For the activities, maybe a Christmas mystery, gift giving and some interesting xmas potions. We could build the Christmas tree.
Is Christmas still being planned? I hope so :rolleyes:

kanajunroses
10-08-18, 07:03 AM
I have so many builds not complete from different events, that is a good idea to finish law office or food kitchen , colosseum, etc.. But no more blue stars as rewards, haven't been able to use them for years unless we can level up. However, some thing to make expansion maps qicker, an extra potion shop, or forger, bring back winter kitchen for those who didn't get an opportunity to get one, Black Friday".alicons, an animal that drops expansion map. Every time building on sale you can only have two, give options and an easier storage system...thanks Santa

parlski
10-13-18, 08:58 AM
I'd like to see an alicorn that's dressed as Father Christmas, giving out extra energy to all the good girls and boys...
and I've been extra good

bellatopia123
10-14-18, 08:48 PM
Forgive me if I?m repeating. I?ve been playing this game for a long time and I really like it but it seem as as though after every event we?re left with irrelevant objects, buildings, decorations everything really. Some of them may be super cute in our realms but that?s it really and that doesn?t always matter if like me your slow at growing your kingdom.

I would love to see things that carried through past an event. It doesn?t have to be major, for example I have a few workshops that don?t make anything we can get anymore at the very least it?d be nice if it lost the little box overhead and became just decoration. What I?d REALLY LOVE is for them to become everyday workshops. They could be limited to making basic things and I?d still be happy. Another fun idea is if it simply carried on. Like with the ?Meet the Brownies? event, we have 4 buildings and decor and that?s it. I?d love to be able to build a little Brownie neighborhood, not a whole story line just additional items that weren?t tied to an event or a timer. These could be limited time things but for a realistic time, like a year if it?s big enough. A good example of truly irrelevant would be the Pirates. I didn?t even bother with the second pirate event because all the stuff from the first was sitting inventory because it doesn?t ?go? with the other decor and doesn?t provide good enough drops to take up space. It?s all fun and looks great but I like things to look cohesive and the different items just don?t make sense sometimes.

I know this is a long response but I feel this would add depth to the game by giving players something to work for with out requiring a full story or endless hours of play to beat the clock. Little neighborhoods or burrows based on an event but built up by choice and individual tastes. If you didn?t love the Brownie story, or building look that?s fine you can work on your Troll, Witches and Wizzards or Knights neighborhoods instead. The possibilities vast and only limited by the S8 imagination. ☺️

Also I agree that trade tickets, expansion permits and energy(more then 2) are great drops! I do have Christmas specific ideas but will perhaps post them another time.

danzplace
10-16-18, 11:35 AM
So I know this isn’t holiday related, but how about a stone version of the treeple people. I think that would be cool.

wamboltia
10-18-18, 06:30 AM
I want holiday decorations for sale in the market for coins, not 200+ gems and not event related. Not much in the market anymore, everything has to be won. Doesn’t have to be extravagant.

Galadraal
10-18-18, 06:55 AM
For those anti Christmas folks, we haven?t had an actual Christmas holiday in a long while. England has a Father Christmas that is thin vs our Fat Santa in the US. There?s also a Cinter Klos. I am certain that is NOT spelled correctly.

Thanksgiving is mentioned; that?s a US only holiday this time of year. Canada had their Thanksgiving I think about 2 weeks ago.

Halloween started as a Pagan holiday to ward off ?evi?. I do love Vampires. We have a Vampire Coffin it could be fun to have a Count as a walker. Maybe a Barnabis or an Angel type who is unhappy with his fate.

What about a Mexican Day of the Dead? Forget what time of year that is. We just had trick or treat in the last one

I would love something like a Love Shack. Maybe make it holiday themed with various Alicorns of various themes like others have listed. Silver and blue along with red and green and maybe include a dredle again my spelling is lacking sorry. Maybe we can actually SPIN the dredle every 12 hours and a prize comes out or better yet a trade ticket maybe make it weekly like the main Alicorns if a trade ticket or expansion permit was guaranteed

Galadraal
10-18-18, 06:59 AM
I want holiday decorations for sale in the market for coins, not 200+ gems and not event related. Not much in the market anymore, everything has to be won. Doesn’t have to be extravagant.
I agree. I really love the idea of the twinkling lights and many things others have mentioned. Everything is SO expensive and is often put on sale later. It would be nice to have an actual Black Friday sale.

Love all the great ideas people are coming up with;-) so many creative people on these forums

robotparade
10-24-18, 05:42 PM
Bring back the snow-covered wall and gate so I can complete my set!

SpiritWind00
11-05-18, 03:04 PM
Hi all,

This thread is now closed as content has been finalised. Thank you to all who posted for the many and varied ideas about the holiday period.

Any other suggestions about re-releases or ideas can still be made in the General Suggestion thread.

I'll move this thread out of sticky thread area later today to give others a chance to see this post.

Thanks again! SW