PDA

View Full Version : Summer Hatching Community Event -**NEW POLL ADDED**

kooky panda
08-07-18, 10:50 AM
New Community Event
Collect Speckle Eggs

Please see this thread for crafting items

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105604-Gold-Pheasant-Dragon-August-7-2018-(Goal)(Spell-Shop)

--Some tips for the new event!

Golden Pheasant Dragon is VERY important for the event. We recommend focusing on breeding (red/yellow) or crafting one so that you can begin your Outpost Adventures.

You can obtain more than one Golden Pheasant Dragon (for Adventures, for raising) and any extras can be Disenchanted for double Essence.
Earn up to 3,000 points by raising a Gold Pheasant Dragon to level 10!
5x points for winning Battles
5x points for Breeding your dragons
2x Hatching dragons from your Nest
2x Harvesting food at your Farms
5x Evolving your dragons
Obtaining the Bird Twirl and Sky Flier decorations.

Hatch or Craft the Gold Pheasant Dragon and send it on the Caretaker's Heart, Mind, and Hand Adventures to earn many points!

Individual Prizes

Name

Speckle Egg Amounts

Purchase Price

Great Bird

Caretaker Gem
(for crafting)

Sky Flier

Oriole Dragon

Secretary Dragon

Community Prizes

Name

Speckle Egg Amounts

Reward

Essence

Marble Keys

Adventure Tickets

Mostreal
08-07-18, 10:52 AM
I just got a bunch of Caretaker coppers and Caretaker silvers....what are those? I did get feathers for breeding and event challenges so these silvers and golds are extra and seem to collect from farming...

EDIT - Nevermind, found it! You can craft stuff with it!

cat_chick10
08-07-18, 10:53 AM
I just got a bunch of Caretaker coppers and Caretaker silvers....what are those? I did get feathers for breeding and event challenges so these silvers and golds are extra and seem to collect from farming...

I got some too. I?m quite confused about it because I can?t find them anywhere.

Mostreal
08-07-18, 10:57 AM
I got some too. I?m quite confused about it because I can?t find them anywhere.

Edited my post - there are new items you can craft in the shop. You can craft the Gold Pheasant dragon with Gemstones that you craft with the silver and gold - I'm not sure the difficulty level yet.

There are also boosts you can craft using essence. you get 3 of 10XHating, 10XBreeding, 10Xfarming (If memory serves).

Of course now that I just started crafting a marble key, I want to look more at the gemstones because there was something you had to request from neighbors to craft...then again, I already sent requests out today so it isn't like I could ask for anything else today anyway.

CranberryMil
08-07-18, 11:07 AM
Breed, Hatch, Harvest and Evolve ! o/

This event has been modified too much, is more akin Tales than the last World Event

Mostreal
08-07-18, 11:14 AM
@Cranberry Mil - I don't think the special decoration works this event.

I'm looking up the info:

-up to 3000 points for raising the dragon to level 10
5 pts for battling
5 points for breeding
2 for hatching
2 for harvesting
5 for evolving
Obtaining the Great Bird

Looks like we need to do some recalculation...looks like everything is different!

Makes me wonder how many points we need total - must me more than 3200 total now. I wish I knew so I could keep track. I try to keep a specific daily average.

Also, you can craft the special dragon but I don't know how hard that will be.

kooky panda
08-07-18, 11:20 AM

EDIT - Nevermind, found it! You can craft stuff with it!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105604-Gold-Pheasant-Dragon-August-7-2018-(Goal)(Spell-Shop)

CranberryMil
08-07-18, 11:28 AM
@Cranberry Mil - I don't think the special decoration works this event.

I'm looking up the info:

-up to 3000 points for raising the dragon to level 10
5 pts for battling
5 points for breeding
2 for hatching
2 for harvesting
5 for evolving
Obtaining the Great Bird

Looks like we need to do some recalculation...looks like everything is different!

Makes me wonder how many points we need total - must me more than 3200 total now. I wish I knew so I could keep track. I try to keep a specific daily average.

Also, you can craft the special dragon but I don't know how hard that will be.

Yes, i see that the first objetive needs 50% more points (150 eggs) and the Monthly Goal starts at 75 egss (again 50% more), also the Dragon goal have 5 stps now instead of the 2 from the last month

i will update it as time progress and get more info

dragonwhispereri
08-07-18, 11:39 AM
My great bird doesn?t have a timer to collect every four hours
Is anyone else getting this?

[S8] Elsa
08-07-18, 11:52 AM

It's a regular decoration. :)

dragonwhispereri
08-07-18, 11:55 AM
Elsa;1532901']It's a regular decoration. :)
Oh, thanks.
Was confused bc it?s usually the first one. Just reread after your reply and saw it?s sky flyer

random59
08-07-18, 12:00 PM
The Great Bird decor has no timer on it, can this be looked into, thanks

random59
08-07-18, 12:03 PM

If in fact this is the case, why is it listed in the collecting information? Surely if you state something will give points or favors then it will do so and not just do nothing, why have it all?

RhodryMaelwaedd
08-07-18, 12:04 PM
Wasn't it enough to annoy people by making a hardly attainable common that important for tales? Now world event as well? Does storm8 ever listen to us? No, they don't. Sad...

Emmajlb
08-07-18, 12:18 PM
Bird Twirl and Sky Flier are the collection decorations. The first prize Great Bird is just a decoration, the third prize is one of the collection ones looks like sky flier. Normally it's collection first prize and decoration third prize but it's switched.

AnnirasSweets
08-07-18, 12:32 PM

The 1st milestone prize Great Bird is deco only, it's the 3rd milestone prize Sky Flier that will have the timer and give points for the event.

I think perhaps they tried to add too many new features and changes (to a previously well- known event) at one time. One or two changes is one thing but at this point it feels like this is a completely different event and I'm mostly sure that all these new additions at once mean players will be more confused and less likely to get the most out of the event.

ksbmommy
08-07-18, 12:42 PM
The 1st milestone prize Great Bird is deco only, it's the 3rd milestone prize Sky Flier that will have the timer and give points for the event.

I think perhaps they tried to add too many new features and changes (to a previously well- known event) at one time. One or two changes is one thing but at this point it feels like this is a completely different event and I'm mostly sure that all these new additions at once mean players will be more confused and less likely to get the most out of the event.

I'm already confused with all the changes and I'm a pretty intelligent regular player that reads the forums, oy vey! Plus a tourney and additional options in the spell shop, more quests, my head is spinning!

Fyym
08-07-18, 12:43 PM
The people who play this game: "No way storm8 can get any worse". Storm8: "hold my beer". Between this, and the new added craft 3 different things to make the gold pheasant dragon and the raising requirements for the world event. Can you truly go any lower? I used to buy gold, this is exactly why i don't anymore.

random59
08-07-18, 12:46 PM
So rewards in global community are 50 Essence, 10 Marble Keys and 20 Tickets!

At least thanks for listening about the Marble Keys but I still feel food should have been left in!

Just think back to the past in the game where we received, 4 dragons, huge decor and a habitat, what joy that was and not coming at us weekly but theses events used to happen every 6 weeks or so!

Bit silly of me to remindess on the good old days but sheesh the game was awesome then!

orson32
08-07-18, 12:59 PM
Awww yes, the good old days..I remember those..we would even get gold for prizes. They have sunk so low now..too bad..
At least newer players don't know what they are missing from before

DR0G0N
08-07-18, 01:02 PM
Remember :

This event can be complete without spending gold BUT you need adjust your expectations according to your buildings:

2520 points, you can get the community prizes even if you don't hatch all time (but you don't get any dragon)

Looks like they raised the bar, mine said you need 5000 points now just to get community prize. Luckily I don't really participate in these types of events anymore.

harobeda
08-07-18, 01:42 PM
9500 points to get to the final individual dragon. I around 1000 points from my nests being loaded ready to go, so maybe I can get through it in 7 days. But I'll probably have to boost. Too complex to think about the math quickly (I have real world things demanding my attention).

AnnirasSweets
08-07-18, 02:23 PM
9500 points to get to the final individual dragon. I around 1000 points from my nests being loaded ready to go, so maybe I can get through it in 7 days. But I'll probably have to boost. Too complex to think about the math quickly (I have real world things demanding my attention).

Seriously??? 9500 points in 7 days?! This event is no longer anything I can take seriously but instead has become a farce. LBs were bad enough at 7.2 and those are only able to be finished by using gold and bingo boosts.

Why do they persist in making event untenable for 90% of players? How is this a good strategy for business and keeping players? I'd love to know how they can try to justify raising the points so much without giving us another avenue to earn the points needed.

NeidusBluetip
08-07-18, 02:32 PM
Looks like they raised the bar, mine said you need 5000 points now just to get community prize.

Are you bloody KIDDING?? That’s absolutely ridiculous. And I haven’t even SEEN the crafting options because Tarot has been in there for 2 days -__- Man, they’ve just been going downanddownanddownhill.

PeppiVille
08-07-18, 02:33 PM
Individual prize
Caretaker gems - you receive 5 of them.
Sky flyer - achievable at 2000 eggs.

NeidusBluetip
08-07-18, 02:36 PM
Seriously??? 9500 points in 7 days?! This event is no longer anything I can take seriously but instead has become a farce. LBs were bad enough at 7.2 and those are only able to be finished by using gold and bingo boosts.

Why do they persist in making event untenable for 90% of players? How is this a good strategy for business and keeping players? I'd love to know how they can try to justify raising the points so much without giving us another avenue to earn the points needed.

I know right? This game used to be so much fun. I’ve completely stopped putting any money towards this game because it’s just gotten way too unbelievable and stressful. It’s legit the *only* game I complain about too...that says a lot when your players are constantly moaning and groaning :/

ksbmommy
08-07-18, 02:45 PM

Sounds like a lot but the have raised the points for activities.

3000 for the common dragon to a 10
Evolving 5 points - 20 hrs x 2 temples x 6.5 days = 1300 points
Breeding 5 points - 1 den x 20 hours x 6.5 days = 650 points
Hatching 2 points - 4 nests x 20 hrs x 6.5 days = 1040 points
Harvesting 2 points - 7 farms x 20 hrs x 6.5 days = 1820 points
Battles are 5 points each, so 12 battles a day (assuming videos work) = 390 points
Bird twirl decoration 30 eggs every 4 hours - 3 times x 5 days = 450 points

That's 8650 points assuming imperfect collection and not a drop of gold spent. Spend 100 and activate your second den and you'd be at 9300. A few more battles, precise collection or bingo boosts and you'd hit 9500. About the exact same as before. I wish they wouldn't have changed the points given/required it just makes it look outrageous until you do the math.

[S8] Elsa
08-07-18, 02:47 PM

This is different than previous World Events. Adventures give a good amount of points, so it's important to get started on your Gold Pheasant Dragon early on!

[S8] Elsa
08-07-18, 02:58 PM

Battles are 5 points each, so 12 battles a day (assuming videos work) = 390 points

That's 8650 points assuming imperfect collection and not a drop of gold spent. Spend 100 and activate your second den and you'd be at 9300. A few more battles, precise collection or bingo boosts and you'd hit 9500. About the exact same as before. I wish they wouldn't have changed the points given/required it just makes it look outrageous until you do the math.

Don't forget Outpost Adventures. :)

Ilsadrago
08-07-18, 03:13 PM
Does anyone else have problems harvesting and planting during World events? It's verrryyy slow because of the progress made. My game freezes and resets constantly. Sometimes I have to reharvest and replant many times. Since I have to work for a living and only have odd moments during the day to play it makes it very difficult to keep crops going. I don't like to plant scaley pears because they don't yield enough food!

AnnirasSweets
08-07-18, 03:16 PM

Thank you for sharing that info, I can see how it's not so bad as I originally thought though it is still daunting to look at those numbers. I also noticed that they moved the point dropping prize from 1st milestone to 3rd but the picture makes it look like it's the more expensive bird statue that drops more points. Usually they give us the cheaper statue that drops less points so if the pictures are to be believed the 150 eggs every 4 hours will also help.

This does not change the fact that I'm unhappy with these changes. I really don't see why they were necessary, all they've done was take an event and make it more complicated. World events used to be the events that required the least planning for me but now I'll have to log in more frequently and keep track of my points more carefully to ensure I make the final milestone. It would be really nice if we could have an event that didn't require me to check my phone every two hours like some addict. Real life is a thing that people have to deal with s8!

manda587
08-07-18, 04:40 PM
What exactly is an outpost adventure

PeppiVille
08-07-18, 04:42 PM
What exactly is an outpost adventure

It?s where you send dragons on a quest. Volcano, food, maps, etc. Up by the arena.

manda587
08-07-18, 05:29 PM
Ohhh a quest. Okay thanks, I never heard that term before

pod5124cra
08-07-18, 06:56 PM
This is way to confusing. Omg another event i won?t finish.

[S8] Elsa
08-07-18, 08:18 PM
This is way to confusing. Omg another event i won?t finish.

you can do it! :)

First, get your Gold Pheasant Dragon through breed or craft. Send it on adventures in the Outpost regularly (important!) to get your points. :)

You can make another one for the raising goal or Disenchant any extras.

You can earn points for other tasks like battles and hatching like regular World Events. I hope it helps!

Anuisia
08-07-18, 08:36 PM
Of course now that I just started crafting a marble key, I want to look more at the gemstones because there was something you had to request from neighbors to craft...then again, I already sent requests out today so it isn't like I could ask for anything else today anyway.

I don't see anything in my spell shop that you can request from Neighbors. Can you tell me what it was used to craft?

zzGoldmine2
08-07-18, 08:47 PM
Yay! Got my gold pheasant dragon! 4 hour hatch time. Neo Fire and Air combo on my second breeding den. I guess I didn't need to shell out for the second breeding den >_<

deadpixel
08-07-18, 11:55 PM
I don't see anything in my spell shop that you can request from Neighbors. Can you tell me what it was used to craft?

The "Ask" button only appears when you find yourself short on crafting supplies such as Caretaker Coppers, etc.

You probably already have enough of each supply to craft the Caretaker Platinum, hence the absence of the "Ask" button.

deadpixel
08-08-18, 12:06 AM
What are the "Parts" you get by sending the Gold Pheasant Dragon out on quests? So far all mine's come back with are Speckled Eggs.

Also, is there any advantage to having multiple Gold Pheasant Dragons since mine is already evolved to level 10? I spent a boost and a couple of pieces of gold to get it there.

cherrycastleorchard
08-08-18, 02:16 AM
I have reached milestone 2 the caretaker egg, on both my games and not received it. Has anyone else had this happen?
Elsa can u please check on this.

manda587
08-08-18, 02:55 AM
I have reached milestone 2 the caretaker egg, on both my games and not received it. Has anyone else had this happen?

Same problem here

Emmajlb
08-08-18, 03:52 AM

Same problem here

It's a caretaker gem. Go into the spell shop and click the Dragon tab, scroll down to the new Dragon gold pheasant. You need caretaker gems to craft him, milestone 2 gives you some.

MajicHearts
08-08-18, 04:12 AM
So rewards in global community are 50 Essence, 10 Marble Keys and 20 Tickets!

At least thanks for listening about the Marble Keys but I still feel food should have been left in!

Just think back to the past in the game where we received, 4 dragons, huge decor and a habitat, what joy that was and not coming at us weekly but theses events used to happen every 6 weeks or so!

Bit silly of me to reminess on the good old days but sheesh the game was awesome then!

Totally agree.....good about the marble keys & bad about the food.
Ah yes, "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" I remember them well.....

ksbmommy
08-08-18, 04:58 AM
Thank you for sharing that info, I can see how it's not so bad as I originally thought though it is still daunting to look at those numbers. I also noticed that they moved the point dropping prize from 1st milestone to 3rd but the picture makes it look like it's the more expensive bird statue that drops more points. Usually they give us the cheaper statue that drops less points so if the pictures are to be believed the 150 eggs every 4 hours will also help.

This does not change the fact that I'm unhappy with these changes. I really don't see why they were necessary, all they've done was take an event and make it more complicated. World events used to be the events that required the least planning for me but now I'll have to log in more frequently and keep track of my points more carefully to ensure I make the final milestone. It would be really nice if we could have an event that didn't require me to check my phone every two hours like some addict. Real life is a thing that people have to deal with s8!

You are right, it's the decoration giving 150 eggs. That makes it much less likely I'll have to, spend any gold for this event! That's 450 a day for me versus the 120 I origionally figured.

Complicated, yes. But it looks like we can get this done without spending gold IF you get the new common dragon. I'll take a bit complicated over spending gold any day!

NeidusBluetip
08-08-18, 05:18 AM
You are right, it's the decoration giving 150 eggs. That makes it much less likely I'll have to, spend any gold for this event! That's 450 a day for me versus the 120 I origionally figured.

Complicated, yes. But it looks like we can get this done without spending gold IF you get the new common dragon. I'll take a bit complicated over spending gold any day!

Having now seen all of the details for this new spiffed up event, the breakdown helps a lot in understanding what appeared to be ridiculously high numbers. Now to get that pesky common...my first breeding attempt was 10 hours so xP

cherrycastleorchard
08-08-18, 05:26 AM
It's a caretaker gem. Go into the spell shop and click the Dragon tab, scroll down to the new Dragon gold pheasant. You need caretaker gems to craft him, milestone 2 gives you some.

Thankyou

Anuisia
08-08-18, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know what we get for the three Caretaker quests and how many of each? I assume the longer the quest, the more of the item we will get but can anyone confirm this?

PeppiVille
08-08-18, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know what we get for the three Caretaker quests and how many of each? I assume the longer the quest, the more of the item we will get but can anyone confirm this?

I was able to complete a 3 hr yesterday and finished a 12 hour this morning. I don?t remember the exact number of eggs. It seems to be like the food though. If you can log in every 3 hours over a 12 hour period then you will get more eggs overall than if you did the 12.

I believe 3 hour yielded in the 200s while 12 hour yielded in the 400s. I?m not positive though. It just left me with the above conclusion.

Anuisia
08-08-18, 07:52 AM
I was able to complete a 3 hr yesterday and finished a 12 hour this morning. I don?t remember the exact number of eggs. It seems to be like the food though. If you can log in every 3 hours over a 12 hour period then you will get more eggs overall than if you did the 12.

I believe 3 hour yielded in the 200s while 12 hour yielded in the 400s. I?m not positive though. It just left me with the above conclusion.

Thanks!

Mostreal
08-08-18, 09:07 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this - 4th milestone is Oriole at 6,000

I am surprised, I am at 2,000 eggs already.

If you need 9500, that's about 1358/day or 57/hour.

I started out with a 'stacked deck' which I guess helped me get to 2k before the first day is really done, but if I keep going on this trend, I will have the 9500 easily.

I have not gotten a Gold Pheasant dragon yet, so this is just from breeding, farming, hatching, evolving. I did activate the second nest because I usually need it for the community event and so far it still gets me the monthly dragon that you get from breeding. I also got the essence prize for the sky flier goal. Previously, that goal was for the "point creator" you can only buy so that was nice to get.

I am also working on crafting for the Gold Pheasant, while still attempting breeding. Since yesterday, I got something like 125 gold and 95 silver. You need 25 of each for the Caretaker Gem and you need 15 total Gems to craft the Gold Pheasant dragon. You get 5 Caretaker Gemsfor the 3rd milestone (previously mentiones). It looks like I should be able to craft the Gold Pheasant by tomorrow.

I hate to say it .... but it looks like they essentially made this event easier to complete than in the past.

If that is the case, I will just may up my gold buying budget back to where it was last winter...

Den8137259
08-08-18, 09:08 AM
Hi all, what’s a Great Bird Prize?

I can’t find it in Storage! Please assist, ty ★

djeyefly
08-08-18, 09:15 AM
So what is and where is the caretakers egg ? Not in storage. Does it do anything ?

amerirish
08-08-18, 09:25 AM
The Great Bird statue is a decor item only (doesn't give eggs) and it should be found under the "All" tab. Mine was very far down.

The Caretakers Egg (you get 5 actually) is a crafting material which isn't in storage (oddly) but you can see what it does in the Craft Shop. You can craft more eggs so that you can then craft Golden Phoenix Dragon (15 eggs needed). Each egg takes 1 hour to craft.

Hope this helps :)

Den8137259
08-08-18, 09:48 AM
Thanks Amerirish (: ★ then I don’t need to search for it since it drops nothing lol ★ :D

ksbmommy
08-08-18, 12:02 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this - 4th milestone is Oriole at 6,000

I am surprised, I am at 2,000 eggs already.

If you need 9500, that's about 1358/day or 57/hour.

I started out with a 'stacked deck' which I guess helped me get to 2k before the first day is really done, but if I keep going on this trend, I will have the 9500 easily.

I have not gotten a Gold Pheasant dragon yet, so this is just from breeding, farming, hatching, evolving. I did activate the second nest because I usually need it for the community event and so far it still gets me the monthly dragon that you get from breeding. I also got the essence prize for the sky flier goal. Previously, that goal was for the "point creator" you can only buy so that was nice to get.

I am also working on crafting for the Gold Pheasant, while still attempting breeding. Since yesterday, I got something like 125 gold and 95 silver. You need 25 of each for the Caretaker Gem and you need 15 total Gems to craft the Gold Pheasant dragon. You get 5 Caretaker Gemsfor the 3rd milestone (previously mentiones). It looks like I should be able to craft the Gold Pheasant by tomorrow.

I hate to say it .... but it looks like they essentially made this event easier to complete than in the past.

If that is the case, I will just may up my gold buying budget back to where it was last winter...

This event is smooth sailing so far. My nests, dens, temples and farms were fully prepped and ready to go. I finally got the common dragon, it's evolving to a 7 now. I'm not going to need the points given by taking it to a 10. Between getting the better point giving decor item, quests, and using my 10x bingo boosts yesterday, I have the community prizes already unlocked. Points are adding up way quicker then I thought they would.

I'll miss the next event, leaving for a trip on Monday, need to get this one finished before the plane door closes........

Ellerslie6
08-08-18, 04:28 PM
I agree
6 failed attempts to breed the COMMON dragon. I?m not going to worry too much. I get it or I don?t. Actually have never managed to breed the required common in this event so why count lol

[S8] Elsa
08-08-18, 04:32 PM
I agree
6 failed attempts to breed the COMMON dragon. I?m not going to worry too much. I get it or I don?t. Actually have never managed to breed the required common in this event so why count lol

You can craft if it you're having bad luck. :)

Rfs04
08-08-18, 09:16 PM
Elsa;1533204']You can craft if it you're having bad luck. :)

Unless I'm calculating wrong...crafting is going to take a few days to accumulate enough platinum coins, if you don't want to use boosts to speed up collecting.
It's a shame S8 doesn't make it easier for players to collect speckled eggs. Concept wise having pheasant to quest may be good but if it takes 5 days to get that common dragon, well the 6000 points for 1st dragon is impossible.

Players have been moaning for months about so much going on with back to back games and needing to spend so much time playing to try to finish each one and many times failing and so what does S8 do?? Piles on more complications.

Phoenix406
08-09-18, 01:15 AM
It drives me nuts that they call them "speckle" eggs instead of speckled. Do you eat devil eggs or deviled eggs? 🙄

rosym47
08-09-18, 03:49 AM
It drives me nuts that they call them "speckle" eggs instead of speckled. Do you eat devil eggs or deviled eggs? ��

The eggs are from the blue throated speckle bird. It lives in the Himalayas and eats nuts and chocolate cake.

AinoDK
08-09-18, 04:43 AM
To be honest, I find this world event a bit easier than the previous ones. At least we are breeding for a common, not a super rare with black element like last world event, which I couldn't complete. And the speckle(d) eggs are accumulating nicely.

NOTE: This is NOT an encouragement to make the next world event more challenging

Mostreal
08-09-18, 07:31 AM
Unless I'm calculating wrong...crafting is going to take a few days to accumulate enough platinum coins, if you don't want to use boosts to speed up collecting.
It's a shame S8 doesn't make it easier for players to collect speckled eggs. Concept wise having pheasant to quest may be good but if it takes 5 days to get that common dragon, well the 6000 points for 1st dragon is impossible.

Players have been moaning for months about so much going on with back to back games and needing to spend so much time playing to try to finish each one and many times failing and so what does S8 do?? Piles on more complications.

Granted I have two dens going, I almost have enough now. You can get the Caretaker Platinums both from collection and crafting. When I looked yesterday, I had about 124 Caretaker Gold and 95 Caretaker Platinum collected, so I crafted 3 Gems. I then spent some time using the coppers and silvers to craft the Caretaker Platinum while waiting to also collect more. Once I have enough Platinums, I went back to crafting Gems. So, after hitting the first milestone, I had 5 Gems and as of an hour ago, I have 11 Gems. I should have enough Gems by this evening and be able to craft the dragon this evening or overnight and have the dragon tomorrow.

Mostreal
08-09-18, 07:32 AM
The eggs are from the blue throated speckle bird. It lives in the Himalayas and eats nuts and chocolate cake.

Of course! :D

Sugarcat5
08-09-18, 10:15 AM
I happen to like the changes they made to this event and I like that we are able to craft the needed dragon just in case we can't breed it. In the first two days I have almost enough points to unlock the community prizes on main account and I should be able to finish with no problem. Even my baby account has over 3000 points already. Good job S8!! My only issue is that there is too much stuff going on in the spell shop and I can't craft marble keys for the second event in a row:(

Marble key crafting time has got to decrease if u are gonna have so much going on in the spell shop.

AnnirasSweets
08-09-18, 10:50 AM
I happen to like the changes they made to this event and I like that we are able to craft the needed dragon just in case we can't breed it. In the first two days I have almost enough points to unlock the community prizes on main account and I should be able to finish with no problem. Even my baby account has over 3000 points already. Good job S8!! My only issue is that there is too much stuff going on in the spell shop and I can't craft marble keys for the second event in a row:(

Marble key crafting time has got to decrease if u are gonna have so much going on in the spell shop.

Now that I've played through the event for a few days, I can see that the changes do seem to be advantageous for us. I still think they should've added the new options slowly, over several events instead of all at once with little to no explanation. I'm not even completely sure what the Event Quests even offer and whether or not they're worth the effort.

There's all these new options in the Spell Shop but again, no good explanations; they haven't even labeled the boosts you can craft as 2x boosts. Players were unaware of what they're trading their Essence for, most thought they would be 10x for the 500 Essence and were disappointed with the 2x boosts they received. As always, s8 crams too much in; going for quantity over quality. Perhaps in the next event, they can label things better and maybe have more crafts that could be made with the Caretaker Coins/Gems. Once you've got the Common dragon there's really no point in them.

[S8] Elsa
08-09-18, 11:02 AM
Now that I've played through the event for a few days, I can see that the changes do seem to be advantageous for us. I still think they should've added the new options slowly, over several events instead of all at once with little to no explanation. I'm not even completely sure what the Event Quests even offer and whether or not they're worth the effort.

There's all these new options in the Spell Shop but again, no good explanations; they haven't even labeled the boosts you can craft as 2x boosts. Players were unaware of what they're trading their Essence for, most thought they would be 10x for the 500 Essence and were disappointed with the 2x boosts they received. As always, s8 crams too much in; going for quantity over quality. Perhaps in the next event, they can label things better and maybe have more crafts that could be made with the Caretaker Coins/Gems. Once you've got the Common dragon there's really no point in them.

Thank you for the detailed feedback!

The idea behind the craft is to give players more options who might have bad rng luck breeding the Dragon, but also to help players get more than one Gold Pheasant so they can both raise one and send another one on adventures. It can also be disenchanted for Essence for players who don't want the extras.

We've updated the Boost crafts in a way that we hope helps alleviate the confusion without creating more of it. For example: 2x Nest Boosts x 3 would probably make it even more confusing. They should now be listed as 2x Nest Boosts (3).

delimiah
08-09-18, 11:41 AM
I'm really confused. So what's the prize for this event?

Ellerslie6
08-09-18, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE='[S8] Elsa;1533046']you can do it! :)

First, get your Gold Pheasant Dragon through breed or craft. Send it on adventures in the Outpost regularly (important!) to get your points. :)

[QUOTE='[S8] Elsa;1533046']you can do it! :)

AT LAST - THANK YOU STORM 8
A very welcome change of format - new approach adds flavour
So - Im on Attempt 9 (yet another fail) to breed The common Gold Pheasant - BUT with the NEW crafting option I can bypass my abysmal luck in breeding commons and progress. The irony is that Im on holiday in Indonesia so often out of range when travelling so I probably wont finish. But at least I know that under normal circumstance I would have and for the first time in months Im actually looking forward to the next community event. Sure hope we see a similar change in Storybook format.
Thanks again Storm8 for making the LUCK element less crucial.

5 MORE FAILED ATTEMPTS - 2 of 16 hours
I’ve used up all the platinum coins now so crafting result still days away.
So far I’ve bred 4 Super and 4 Rare dragons out of my 14 tries. I wish I could do this when I’m NOT trying to breed a common lol. It’s been months since I’ve bred a dragon I’ve actually kept.
Why oh why am I so rubbish at breeding common dragons when we need them to progress!

Oh well thanks to S8 innovation at least I can continue crafting but At this rate Ill be lucky to get it in time. No doubt Ill soon breed one after the event is over.

AnnirasSweets
08-09-18, 12:50 PM
Elsa;1533337']Thank you for the detailed feedback!

The idea behind the craft is to give players more options who might have bad rng luck breeding the Dragon, but also to help players get more than one Gold Pheasant so they can both raise one and send another one on adventures. It can also be disenchanted for Essence for players who don't want the extras.

We've updated the Boost crafts in a way that we hope helps alleviate the confusion without creating more of it. For example: 2x Nest Boosts x 3 would probably make it even more confusing. They should now be listed as 2x Nest Boosts (3).

I'm glad to see the boosts have been better labeled. The fact that s8 made this change in such timely manner is great and it's very encouraging to think that future issues will be dealt with the same.

Phoenix406
08-09-18, 01:01 PM

Ditto to all! 😀

zzGoldmine2
08-09-18, 05:28 PM
Am almost done. I have about 8500 already, this is almost too easy.. but I suspect S8 will progressively tighten the numbers up in future events. I do like the new format and think it's a nice refresher on the old event format.

AinoDK
08-09-18, 09:46 PM
#Elsa

Thanks for reading the discussion so closely, following the launch of the new format. Porsonally I like change once in a while, and this one is clearrly an improveement

Question: Will the same caretaker metals be used for the next world event? Will the caretaker gem?
In other words, if I'm not going to craft more Gold Pheasants, is there any sense in crafting more platinium and/or gems?

zzGoldmine2
08-09-18, 11:24 PM
Question: Will the same caretaker metals be used for the next world event? Will the caretaker gem?
In other words, if I'm not going to craft more Gold Pheasants, is there any sense in crafting more platinium and/or gems?

I'd bet caretaker platinum on it. I don't need to craft a Gold Pheasant, but am crafting Caretaker Platinums while I still can. Not sure about the gems. It's marked as limited so they might switch this item for the next event to prevent people from having enough parts to craft the special dragon from the get go... that would be too easy.

AinoDK
08-09-18, 11:53 PM
I'd bet caretaker platinum on it. I don't need to craft a Gold Pheasant, but am crafting Caretaker Platinums while I still can. Not sure about the gems. It's marked as limited so they might switch this item for the next event to prevent people from having enough parts to craft the special dragon from the get go... that would be too easy.

That is also my tactic: Crafting platinium but not gems. I would like to know though. Especially as it's blocking my crafting of marble keys

Dragosle
08-10-18, 04:13 AM
Wow, it's only day 3 and I've already had almost enough for the last individual price. This event is easy... too easy that I'm kind scared.

And now I felt bad for blowing 250 golds for the collecting statue at beginning 'cause I though this is gonna be the same as recent World Events :(

NeidusBluetip
08-10-18, 09:50 AM
AT LAST - THANK YOU STORM 8
A very welcome change of format - new approach adds flavour
So - Im on Attempt 9 (yet another fail) to breed The common Gold Pheasant - BUT with the NEW crafting option I can bypass my abysmal luck in breeding commons and progress. The irony is that Im on holiday in Indonesia so often out of range when travelling so I probably wont finish. But at least I know that under normal circumstance I would have and for the first time in months Im actually looking forward to the next community event. Sure hope we see a similar change in Storybook format.
Thanks again Storm8 for making the LUCK element less crucial.

Pretty much this. There’s normally SO much to complain about when it comes to Dragon Story, especially with how much they’ve gone downhill over the past couple of years. Alongside how other players felt when this event launched, the points requirements looked terrifying and I let out an irritated sigh.

But after coming to understand how the event has changed and slowly adapting to the new layout, it’s actually been FUN again for the most part. I’m almost on my 6th fail for that stupid common dragon, *BUT* it’s very encouraging to know that we’ve at least been given another option to craft it.

Yes it’s a bit of a lengthy and demanding process, but it’s certainly better than nothing at all! So while I continue to try and breed for it, I’ve at least been given the option to craft the necessary mats alongside the fail-breeding. One of the flaws that I think another player has mentioned is definitely the uselessness for the materials if you do happen to get lucky and successfully breed the dragon. Then you’ve got all those eggs for nothing. Would love to at least trade them in for something.

And with all the adventuring tasks, which solely rely on having the specific dragon to quest for these materials, seem a bit unbalanced. If you’re in a position like I am, where I’ve had horrible luck and will most likely *craft* the dragon before ever resulting in the successful breeding outcome, then I’ve lost several days of being able to use that dragon to send on adventures to obtain other materials for the event, versus someone who may successfully breed it on the first try and can then use all those extra days to send it on the adventuring quests.

Regardless, I do think the response to this event is already MUCH more positive than so many previous events that have obviously frustrated and angered players to no end!

[S8] Elsa
08-10-18, 11:22 AM
#Elsa

Thanks for reading the discussion so closely, following the launch of the new format. Porsonally I like change once in a while, and this one is clearrly an improveement

Honest reply: I don't know if we'll reuse the part in the future. We generally don't, though.

Phoenix406
08-10-18, 11:32 AM
On my newer account, I bred 2 Golden Pheasants at the exact same time, which was very nice! On my old account, i can't get it for anything. I've been crafting, but it's taking a long time. I'm sorry, I don't remember for sure which combos I used, but I think it was just Air and Fire and then Neo Air and Neo Fire. The account that got the dragons should be able to finish the event - yay! Not sure how far I will get on the other account. I am out of room for more dragons, anyway. :( I'll have to start destashing all my duplicates. I have been breeding tons of Mythic dragons trying for the Golden Pheasant, but I don't have a habitat for them, but I don't want to not hatch them because every bit of Essence (for trading them) counts.

Phoenix406
08-10-18, 11:33 AM
Elsa;1533565']Honest reply: I don't know if we'll reuse the part in the future. We generally don't, though.

Thank you, Elsa, for your honest reply and for being more available to answer questions during this event. It is much appreciated! I am also pleased with the changes to the world event. It must have taken you guys some time to figure out the logistics and all the math needed for this event!

PeppiVille
08-10-18, 01:30 PM
I have a second account on my phone because I never took the time to figure out how to have my main account accessible on both my iPad and the phone. Anyway, I don’t play that account often. It is under lvl 80. With this new event design I decided to give it a try. So far no luck breading the common. Even so, it looks as if I will qualify for the community prize and possibly even get the first dragon.

I really like how the changes of this event allow for lower lvl players and those that do not use much or any gold (never on that account) to actually feel like they are part of the game. I can never progress past the first dragon on the DT events, and LB’s are laughable for this little account, so this revised event was a welcomed change. With these types of changes, should the evo temple ever go back on sell I might even buy a little gold on that account.

Thank you for making the game more inviting for players. :)

CaRee215
08-10-18, 03:17 PM
I'm done, got 9870 points, all milestones done. Get the 1 dragon you need, collect from sky flier n go on the quests. It's MUCH EASIER THAN IN PAST

AinoDK
08-10-18, 04:31 PM
Thank you, Elsa, for your honest reply and for being more available to answer questions during this event. It is much appreciated! I am also pleased with the changes to the world event. It must have taken you guys some time to figure out the logistics and all the math needed for this event!

Agreeing in all of this. Thanks Elsa

pod5124cra
08-11-18, 08:31 AM

Mine has a timer.

AnnirasSweets
08-11-18, 10:10 AM
Mine has a timer.

To clear up any confusion: The OP was asking about the Great Bird (1st milestone prize) which is deco only. The Sky Flier (3rd milestone prize) is the one that has a 4 hr timer and awards 150 Speckle Eggs per collection.

Speaking of, it's still surprising to me that they awarded us the more expensive of the two egg dropping decos as they usually don't. This, along with all the other changes made this event much more relaxing -- and therefore enjoyable -- than I can remember any event being since they cut down all event timers.

Thank you s8! You've finally shown us that you are in fact listening and care whether or not we still find enjoyment in this game. I can only hope this is a sign of better times to come and that you'll take this philosophy and apply it to all areas of the game that we players have been struggling with such as land and habitats.

CranberryMil
08-11-18, 01:14 PM
i get the first dragon! (6k) \o/

i dnt have the common yet :/

argo77
08-11-18, 02:34 PM
I agree that it is easier. I am also complete only spent a few gold before bed time to clean up the dragons with 1-2 hours remaining to hatch.

cat_chick10
08-12-18, 04:03 AM
I really enjoyed this event because it didn?t start with me knowing I was not going to be able to finish it like the others. Before when a world event popped up I would look at the dragons and hope that the one I liked better was the first milestone dragon because otherwise I know I wouldn?t get it. This time I will be able to get both dragons which makes the event worth playing.

Thank you!

petre70
08-12-18, 12:46 PM
Totally agree.....good about the marble keys & bad about the food.
Ah yes, "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" I remember them well.....

I do remember the good old days too. I remember it used tl get 100 or 500 points to get community prizes. 1,000 would probably better I think lol. I remember we used to get bunch of dragons and decorate the island. I don't want deco. It's hard to get the community prizes unless I can get the gold pheasant. All I get is 10hr, 11hr, 12hr, 15hr and 16.hrs breeding. I'm trying to craft it. 1day and 21hrs to finish this. I'm disabled so I don't have a job and I don't think I'm going to get finished. I hope I'm wrong and I don't mind being wrong. Lol

cat_chick10
08-12-18, 02:38 PM
Anyone know how many of each prize we get for the community events?

skyharbor602
08-12-18, 03:29 PM
Anyone know how many of each prize we get for the community events?

50 Essence, 10 Marble Keys, 20 Adventure Tickets

cat_chick10
08-12-18, 03:40 PM
Nice, thanks!

PeppiVille
08-12-18, 04:10 PM
I finally have enough to start crafting! With over a day remaining and 750 eggs for hatching and then leveling there is actually still a chance of getting the final dragon. :) Even if I do not get it this is still the first time ever there was a chance of this account getting so far in the world events. Thank you for the changes!

AwesomeChefDad
08-12-18, 06:50 PM
I will give credit when it is due, this has been the most fair event in I dont know how long...its the first time in probably a year that I had the chance to get all the items and do so with reasonable effort. I have two accounts and in one I do not have that common so I will barely make it to the end but given that in the last year I rarely sniff the end of these I was very impressed they actually gave us a chance to get it all done.

That said I am sure they will evaluate that these changes were too loose and make it more difficult on the next one.

freesiawoods
08-12-18, 10:42 PM
Lol did they know that I had half given up on the game? Decided to play only casually but have gotten the final prize without breeding the required dragon successfully. Oh well, hope other players are happy!

AnnirasSweets
08-13-18, 01:45 AM
Suggestion for next event (assuming they keep the new format):

It would be nice to know the amount of eggs that could be won from each Quest. I didn't participate in the Quests for various reasons but I did have a friend who tried them and noted that they received varying amounts from the same Quest so perhaps beside the name of the Quest it could say something like "A Chance to Earn # - # of Event Material" or something like that?

In case the amount remains a mystery, I kept track of the results received for future reference:

3 hr Quest drops: 130 - 165 Speckle Eggs (in increments of 5)

8 hr Quest drops: 200 - 250 Speckle Eggs (in increments of 5)

12 hr Quest drops: 235 - 255 Speckle Eggs (in increments of 5)

Of course these are just the results from 1 Island so the numbers may vary a bit more than this but I figured it would be good to have a general idea for next time.

chuckyt888
08-13-18, 04:31 AM
This was a welcome change to the world event. Well done S8.

They saw how many people were quitting. Sad that it took this long for them to change the game for the better. If things continue to go in this direction I might be willing to support the game again.

The other big issue that needs remedying is space for dragons. It takes far too long to craft marble keys and way too many are needed to open up space. The crafting building is also in constant use for other events. Tying the building up for 24 hours when crafting a marble key isn?t feasible. Requiring dragons to be hatched for events also causes many players to be unable to play the game because they have no space to put them. I have so many dragon eggs in storage with nowhere to put them and I?m now officially have nowhere else to put dragons that are required for these events. I?ve disenchanted all duplicates.

A solution to this issue would please a big portion of the player base who would otherwise support this game with gold purchases. Right now there is no point when the game is already unplayable or near it due to space limitations and the requirement of certain dragons to be hatched for events.

Also it would be nice if all reward dragons could go to storage as an egg instead of forcing the player to hatch them (like the monthly dragons).

Jnny2good
08-13-18, 08:23 AM
Thank you so much for listening to the community. This event was much more fair, and with some attention to detail, all goals can be achieved without spending gold. You still need to do a better job describing the prize that will allow us to collect rewards.

Florr06
08-13-18, 08:44 AM
Even though I likely won't get to the final milestone - haven't been able to breed or craft the Gold Pheasant dragon and somehow only just found out the third prize gives 150 parts every 4 hours :rolleyes: - I must say this format is miles & miles ahead of the one that was used in the last year or so. PLEASE continue using this format!! The prizes are actually obtainable without spending loads of gold.

Mostreal
08-13-18, 09:33 AM
I did the math for a low level player - one den, one nest, one temple, 7 farms:

5 pts for battling times 12 equals 60
5 points for breeding times 24 equals 120
2 for hatching times 24 equals 48
2 for harvesting times 7 farms times 24 equals 336
5 for evolving times 24 equals 120

Per Day average is 684

For 7 days is 4788

Add in the Flier, let's say that was acquired on day 4, so 150 per collection, 4 collections per day, for 3 days is 1800

So, someone at a low level will get about 6588 without gold or the special dragon.

So, this is still a hard event for some, but not impossible as you can get the gold pheasant dragon through crafting. I crafted mine on day 2. Someone with less would probably have to wait until day 4 or 5 but with only a 4 hour hatcing/evolving time and low food needs (looked like it was the same food needs as Fire dragon), a low level person could relatively easily get that dragon to level 10 and get another 3000 points for a total of 9588.

I think all these items considered, it is a very good event. I was getting frustrated with having to use gold to complete this event, which you shouldn't have to. If I, as a high level player, must use gold, then a lower level player must be really frustrated. So, overall I like the new format and hope they stick with it.

CranberryMil
08-13-18, 12:25 PM
I did the math for a low level player - one den, one nest, one temple, 7 farms:

5 pts for battling times 12 equals 60
5 points for breeding times 24 equals 120
2 for hatching times 24 equals 48
2 for harvesting times 7 farms times 24 equals 336
5 for evolving times 24 equals 120

Per Day average is 684

For 7 days is 4788

Add in the Flier, let's say that was acquired on day 4, so 150 per collection, 4 collections per day, for 3 days is 1800

So, someone at a low level will get about 6588 without gold or the special dragon.

So, this is still a hard event for some, but not impossible as you can get the gold pheasant dragon through crafting. I crafted mine on day 2. Someone with less would probably have to wait until day 4 or 5 but with only a 4 hour hatcing/evolving time and low food needs (looked like it was the same food needs as Fire dragon), a low level person could relatively easily get that dragon to level 10 and get another 3000 points for a total of 9588.

I think all these items considered, it is a very good event. I was getting frustrated with having to use gold to complete this event, which you shouldn't have to. If I, as a high level player, must use gold, then a lower level player must be really frustrated. So, overall I like the new format and hope they stick with it.

To add to this

You get 72 gold and 48 Platinum each day by breeding, hatching and evolving.

And you get 3 eggs as the secind milestone in the event, in total you need to craft 12 of the 15 gems of the common dragon

To craft 12 gems in 6 days you need craft 2 platinum each day (to complete 25 for the second gem)

You will get +1000 copper and silver for harvesting from your 7 farms OR you can ask your neighbors for both Copper and silver at the start of the event

You need 80 coper and 80 silver and 4 hours to craft 2 platinum and another 2 hours to craft both gems.

You can complete (in theory) the common dragon by the day 6 and evolve it to 10 in the 7th day to get full Feathers for the monthly dragon

This event can give you two dragons ( without needed of doing the quests) and full points without breeding the common dragon.

petre1970
08-14-18, 10:32 AM
I finally have enough to start crafting! With over a day remaining and 750 eggs for hatching and then leveling there is actually still a chance of getting the final dragon. :) Even if I do not get it this is still the first time ever there was a chance of this account getting so far in the world events. Thank you for the changes!

one of my accounts was able to breed one and so excited that i finished it. Going through the whole event trying to breed on my other account and I failed. I finally crafted that gold pheasant dragon with 6 minutes left. I got the Oriole just not secretary. I'm grateful I got what I got. I hope they continues using this on every event. It will give us a chance. Thanks.

CranberryMil
08-14-18, 10:48 AM
To add to this

You can complete (in theory) the common dragon by the day 6 and evolve it to 10 in the 7th day to get full Feathers for the monthly dragon

This event can give you two dragons (event without doing the quests) and full points without breeding the common dragon.

In practice i complete all milestone of this event without breeding the common, i make it and evolving in the last minutos of the event 46588

Phoenix406
08-14-18, 11:20 AM
In practice i complete all milestone of this event without breeding the common, i make it and evolving in the last minutos of the event 46588

Congratulaions, CranberryMil!

pernmagic
08-14-18, 01:36 PM
The first time for a very long time I have finished to the very end ...... the final community tickets awarded brought my own total up so I can craft the Neo Diamond and it's sitting on a nest ...... playable storm 8 thanks you :)

kooky panda
08-21-18, 10:13 AM
New Poll Added!!!
You can choose more than one item.

kooky panda
09-06-18, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the votes! Results have been submitted!