PDA

View Full Version : August Dragons: Bluejay Dragon and Cardinal Dragon

kooky panda
08-07-18, 10:49 AM
Bluejay Dragon:
Earn Pearl Feathers during events and from the Pearl Bird ( purchase from market)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/0/05/Bluejay_Adult.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20180807173620

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: White, Blue

Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 4,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coins
Incubation: 10 hours
Exp Gained: 780

Cardinal Dragon:
Earn Onyx feathers from breeding and from the Onyx Bird (Purchase from market)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/5/5a/Cardinal_Epic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20180807173623

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Black, Red

Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 4,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coins
Incubation: 10 hours
Exp Gained: 780

CranberryMil
08-30-18, 07:39 AM
sooo, nobody can craft one of this?

i get Blue Jay but i can not make it because tales .

15150/20000 Cardinal is far behind

Florr06
08-30-18, 09:35 AM
I crafted Bluejay yesterday - it's the first of these monthly dragons I have managed to get since the very first one (Skeleking).
I am far off for Cardinal, still almost 9000 parts. I know I sometimes miss some hours of breeding but surely not nearly half of all possible hours? I guess you have to get lucky and get the side goal dragons that give Onyx feathers.

PeppiVille
08-30-18, 12:14 PM
I got both! I finished all the events (DT, WE, LB). I didn’t finish all the battles events. I had the second den going for a portion of the time.

AnnirasSweets
08-30-18, 06:12 PM
I crafted my Cardinal a while back and when I realized I could trade it for 100 Essence I rushed to do so thinking I'd have plenty of time to get the materials for a second like usual. However I was very convinced I wasn't going to be able to get enough for the second and was kicking myself. So as soon as I saw the pop up for getting 2x Onyx Feathers from breeding I broke out the bingo boosts and spent some time speed breeding--got just enough to craft another Cardinal to keep. I didn't have enough for Bluejay until this last tournament so it's just come off the nest which is later than usual for me.

This month my material collection was really off from normal and it's got to be due to the shortened time we were given. It doesn't seem like much time was shaved off but it was enough to effect my normal timelines for getting these dragons. I hope this was a one-off and we'll go back to the full time in September.

deadpixel
08-30-18, 08:47 PM
I got the Cardinal some time back and have enough Onyx Feathers left over now for another (you're limited to one Cardinal though).

Manage to get the last few Pearl Feathers required for the Bluejay today when I completed the Tales event.

The important thing is to do your best in the Tournaments winning as many as you can, and whenever possible, the main Tournament events.

AnnirasSweets
08-31-18, 01:59 AM
I got the Cardinal some time back and have enough Onyx Feathers left over now for another (you're limited to one Cardinal though).

Manage to get the last few Pearl Feathers required for the Bluejay today when I completed the Tales event.

The important thing is to do your best in the Tournaments winning as many as you can, and whenever possible, the main Tournament events.

You can trade your current Cardinal for 100 Essence and craft the second while the 1st is disenchanting.

ksbmommy
08-31-18, 05:09 AM
Not going to get Bluejay.

Finished the tourney and Tales but still 618 feathers short. I was out of town without internet for two weeks and missed LB. Oh well, I like it but don't love it to spend that much gold to craft it.

cat_chick10
08-31-18, 06:36 AM
I don't have enough for Cardinal :( This month was shorter than usual, so I just couldn't get enough breeding in.

glenngenius
08-31-18, 07:43 AM
I crafted my Cardinal a while back and when I realized I could trade it for 100 Essence I rushed to do so thinking I'd have plenty of time to get the materials for a second like usual. However I was very convinced I wasn't going to be able to get enough for the second and was kicking myself. So as soon as I saw the pop up for getting 2x Onyx Feathers from breeding I broke out the bingo boosts and spent some time speed breeding--got just enough to craft another Cardinal to keep. I didn't have enough for Bluejay until this last tournament so it's just come off the nest which is later than usual for me.

This month my material collection was really off from normal and it's got to be due to the shortened time we were given. It doesn't seem like much time was shaved off but it was enough to effect my normal timelines for getting these dragons. I hope this was a one-off and we'll go back to the full time in September.

Thank you for this info! Now I don't need to sell my 1st cardinal dragon just to craft a second one (reached enough feathers for a 2nd one). Disenchanting it for essence is much better as I'm on my way to craft my 4th ultra rare dragon from the codex. :D

AnnirasSweets
08-31-18, 10:44 AM
Thank you for this info! Now I don't need to sell my 1st cardinal dragon just to craft a second one (reached enough feathers for a 2nd one). Disenchanting it for essence is much better as I'm on my way to craft my 4th ultra rare dragon from the codex. :D

You're welcome, I was glad to see a monthly dragon finally able to be disenchanted.

On that note: they've added a few dozen dragons to that can be disenchanted that weren't available before. I've a full list posted in the Codex thread along with some questions and notes on these additions.

I see they've given us the Quest for Free Essence using Bluejay; for those that have it be sure to check it out if interested. I never receive pop-ups for it anymore for some reason.

deadpixel
08-31-18, 02:08 PM
You can trade your current Cardinal for 100 Essence and craft the second while the 1st is disenchanting.

Thank you for the heads up :D

glenngenius
08-31-18, 05:22 PM
You're welcome, I was glad to see a monthly dragon finally able to be disenchanted.

On that note: they've added a few dozen dragons to that can be disenchanted that weren't available before. I've a full list posted in the Codex thread along with some questions and notes on these additions.

I see they've given us the Quest for Free Essence using Bluejay; for those that have it be sure to check it out if interested. I never receive pop-ups for it anymore for some reason.

Oh! Okay, I will check on it. Thank you!

And yes, it's so nice that they added new dragons available for disenchanting. I really hope they add the neo kitsune in it.

As for the quest, I'll check on that one too. I didn't receive on either. (-_-)

NeidusBluetip
09-03-18, 09:27 AM
I don't have enough for Cardinal :( This month was shorter than usual, so I just couldn't get enough breeding in.

I was trying to figure out the logic behind the calendar start/end dates for these monthly events, since obviously some of them have either started too early in the month or too late in the month.

Either way, I was able to get Blue Jay but I was at like, less than 17,000 points for the Cardinal. That's *with* playing all the events to the max, completing all tournaments, breeding the specific dragons, etc. So with all of that, I still managed to be almost 4,000+ points away? I don't understand why some months, *both* of the monthly dragons are obtainable for me but then other times, I'm drastically off for the necessary points to craft it.

Phoenix406
09-04-18, 01:24 PM
I was trying to figure out the logic behind the calendar start/end dates for these monthly events, since obviously some of them have either started too early in the month or too late in the month.

Either way, I was able to get Blue Jay but I was at like, less than 17,000 points for the Cardinal. That's *with* playing all the events to the max, completing all tournaments, breeding the specific dragons, etc. So with all of that, I still managed to be almost 4,000+ points away? I don't understand why some months, *both* of the monthly dragons are obtainable for me but then other times, I'm drastically off for the necessary points to craft it.

I'm not really sure what happened with my monthly dragons, either. I usually get one but not the other on both accounts. This month my higher level account didn't get either dragon - not even close! My second account easily got cardinal and came pretty close to bluejay, and since I like birds, I decided it was worth 138 gems to purchase the remaining points or whatever to get Bluejay, so one account has both, and one account has neither.

In Fantasy Forest Story, they are only offering *1* monthly prize "animal" for September, and it's a homely fairy. :(

harobeda
09-05-18, 09:23 AM

Me too! I played my games to the max (hit every milestone of leaderboards, did every tournament, and all dragon tales. I'm disappointed they've put it out of reach. All it does is make me less motivated to complete future events.