PDA

View Full Version : The Penguins Are Back! - 2018 Aug 2 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
08-02-18, 09:15 AM
The Penguins Are Back! Android and iOS. This is a Goal Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Greetings fellow Farmers,

It's time to prepare your farms for upcoming event. I can't wait to see what exciting prizes the Farm 2 team has for us! :D Let's start our preparations...

https://i.imgur.com/3165GlZ.jpg

Before we dive in when the event starts, I like to suggest that players read the Guidelines for Events to understand how event works, know what to do or not to do for the event. Read sections Tips and Notes.

Guidelines for Goal Event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

Always check Posts #1 and #2 for updates and event information.

Please be mindful of forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) when posting.

The Penguins Are Back!
Make snacks in the Penguin Treat Truck and feed them to the Hungry Penguin. He'll give you prizes, like the new Pika pet! Feed the penguin enough times and win the Snowy Owl pet! Available until August 9.

New Upgrades
Barn (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247793&viewfull=1#post1247793) - new max capacity at 1,610
Silo (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247815&viewfull=1#post1247815) - new max capacity at 1,610

Some prizes don't tick off in the Penguin's Prizes Goal - fixed

I have flagged it over. We need to wait for the team to fix this.

Updates:

1. The little hungry penguin will be animated post event.

2. The Red Chest drops all event items as well as event crafts:

Green Chocolate Bowl
Green Sticks
Frozen Kiwi
Yellow Chocolate Bowl
Frozen Pineapple
Yellow Sticks
Red Chocolate Bowl
Red Sticks
Frozen Berries
Frozen Kiwi on a Stick
Frozen Pineapple on a Stick
Frozen Strawberry on a Stick
Frozen Fruit Arrangement

Rynetory2
08-02-18, 09:15 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46446

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46447

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Feed the Penguin!
What in tarnation? This penguin is squawking about somethin' and won't leave me alone. Can ya see what's got him all bothered and get 'im away from me? I'll give you a much calmer bird in exchange.
Feed the Penguin x23 (low level - x15)
Visit Community Farmers x20
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Owl, 3 xps

You need the following to feed the Penguin 23 times to get the Snowy Owl:
23 Frozen Kiwi on a Stick - 23 green chocolate bowl + 230 frozen kiwi + 23 green stick
23 Frozen Pineapple on a Stick - 46 yellow chocolate bowl + 46 frozen pineapple + 23 yellow stick
23 Frozen Strawberry on a Stick - 23 red chocolate bowl + 69 frozen berries + 23 red stick
23 Frozen Fruit Arrangement - 23 of each of the above

The Penguin's Prizes
Can you get one of each of the penguin's prizes? There's a Golden Lure with your name on it if ya can!
Welcome the Pika
Get Penguine Sundae
Get Fudge Fountain
Get Ice Cream Cottage
Get Vanilla Scoop Shrub
Get Choco Scoop Shrub
Get Ice Cream Planter
Get Cookie Stack
Get Beehive Cake
Get Pop Bush
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 xps

Sweet Arrangements
Goal 1
These sweet penguins have a recipe they'd like us to make.... I think. I don't fluently speak penguin so it's a lot of pointing and squawking! Follow me to the Warehouse.
Send Deliveries in the Order Warehouse x10
Locate Yellow Chocolate Bowls x2
Find Frozen Pineapple x2
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 nail, 3 xps

Goal 2 of 7
Wait, where is that penguin going? What is he gonna do with that fruit? Is he going to that truck? I'm not sure I feel comfortable letting one of these penguins behind the wheel!
Pick up the Penguin Frozen Treat Truck
Fish for Yellow Sticks x1
Have Frozen Pineapple on a Stick x4
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 frozen pineapple on a stick, 3 xps

Goal 3 of 7
I thought that penguin was done when we gave him the pineapple but it looks like he wants more! This time with a different fruit. So demanding!

Locate Green Chocolate Bowls x1
Mine for Green Sticks x1
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 screw, 3 xps

Goal 4 of 7
Don't tell Morgan but I worked out a sweet deal with one of the penguins... He wants a few of these frozen sticks his cousin is having Morgan make! He may have asked them from you already, but he says he'll give you something in return! Sounds like a sweet deal right?

Get Frozen Kiwi x10
Prepare Frozen Kiwi on a Stick x4
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 frozen kiwi on a stick, 3 xps

Goal 5 of 7
This penguin is just like me, it can't get enough chocolate!
Find Red Chocolate Bowl x1 (apple trees)
Pick up Red Stick x1 (passion fruit vine)
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 paint, 3 xps

Goal 6 of 7
I think I'm seeing where this penguin is going with this recipe now! But is he going to eat all this? He's going to get a tummy ache.
Find Frozen Berries x3 (from pigs)
Make Frozen Strawberry on a Stick x4
Prepare Frozen Fruit Arrangement x4
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 plank, 3 xps

Please make sure of the following:
- Prepare your frozen fruit arrangement after you get to this goal. Those made before you got to the goal wouldn't count. Only new ones made after you got the goal count.

- Do not use them and have 4 of them in your barn in order for the task to check off.

Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 7 of 7
Have you found that hungry penguin yet? I hear he's been irritating Jed. Would you go and see if you can get him a meal and get him out of Jed's hair?
Find the Hungry Penguin x1
Feed the Penguin x1
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 hammer, 3 xps

Gotta Find Them All
This penguin's recipe has a lot of ingredients... I'm sure you can figure it out, but just in case you forget...
Get Yellow chocolate bowl x1 - from Deep Fryer
Get Frozen pineapple x1 - from deliveries
Get Yellow sticks - from fishing pond (low level from Kitchen)
Make Frozen Pineapple on a Stick x1
Get Green chocolate bowl x1 - from Chocolatier
Get Green stick x1 - from mining (low level from Feed Mill)
Get Frozen kiwi x1 - from crops
Make Frozen Kiwi on a Stick x1
Get Red chocolate bowl x1 - from Apple trees
Get Red sticks x1 - from passion fruit vines
Get Frozen berries x1 - from pigs
Make Frozen Strawberry on a Stick x1
Make Frozen Fruit Arrangement x1

Side Goal (optional)
The Red Ice Chest
Pssssst... I found a penguin hanging out in an ice chest. He pops out every now and then to give me a snack... it's pretty nice and he seems fine with it. Wanna meet him?
Get the Red Ice Chest x1
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 frozen fruit arrangement, 3 xps

Event Prizes
Pika
Snowy Owl
(purchase Icy igloo from Market for these pets.)

Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Hungry Penguin (2,000 coins)
Red Ice Chest (400 gems)

Event Drops
Frozen berries - from pigs
Frozen kiwi - from crops
Frozen pineapple - from deliveries

Green chocolate bowls - from Chocolatier
Red chocolate bowl - from Apple trees
Yellow chocolate bowl - from Deep Fryer

Green sticks - from mining (low level from Feed Mill)
Red sticks - from passion fruit vines
Yellow sticks - from fishing pond (low level from Kitchen)

Event Crafts
Make in Penguin Ice Cream Truck
Frozen Kiwi on a Stick - 1 green chocolate bowl + 10 frozen kiwi + 1 green stick (10 mins)
Frozen Pineapple on a Stick - 2 yellow chocolate bowl + 2 frozen pineapple + 1 yellow stick (45 mins)
Frozen Strawberry on a Stick - 1 red chocolate bowl + 3 frozen berries + 1 red stick (15 mins)
Frozen Fruit Arrangement - 1 of each of the above (1 hr)

judyandthecat
08-02-18, 02:38 PM
Hmmm
Feed the penguin 23 times
Visit 20 community neighbours

Get an owl
Sounds like a good deal to me

orca1006
08-02-18, 02:50 PM
omg the snowy owl is sooooo cute!!!! XD guess i won't be sleeping again for the next 7 days lol

p.s. i'm so grateful it's not a leaderboard event....phewww~ :)

Lilliepaddd
08-02-18, 02:56 PM
The Red Ice Chest is 400 Gems. :( Send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

Done! Thanks!!

orca1006
08-02-18, 03:00 PM
fyi: getting a lot of frozen kiwis from harvesting crops....and got some yellow sticks after fishing....

update: and frozen berries from harvesting pigs...

my barn just exploded...lol gotta refrain from harvesting for awhile cuz i can't collect anything anymore with a 20 over capacity barn...

Paul__
08-02-18, 03:01 PM
Can the team please put the Summer Penguin on sale? Also, can the y please restore the animation of the ice chest. It would go perfectly with this event.

Paul__
08-02-18, 03:14 PM
Yay! We can trade items thank you so much team!

orca1006
08-02-18, 03:26 PM
Goal 2:
Pick up the penguin frozen treat truck (available in market; cost 1000 coins, 10 minutes to build once on farm)
Fish for Yellow Sticks (drops from pond *after* fishing)
Have frozen pineapple on a stick (make in penguin's truck)
Rewards: 200 coins, 1 frozen pineapple on a stick, 3 exp points

pineapple on a stick recipe: to follow in 10mins :)

pineapple on a stick: 2 yellow chocolate bowls, 2 pineapple slices, 1 yellow stick. 45 minutes to craft.

orleansparish
08-02-18, 04:43 PM
Mined 40 times and only got 10 of whatever those green things are. Sticks?

I neee to rely on the pity of the community and neighbors for parts and/or mining tools. I won?t sleep for the next week but will try my best to win the pet. I?m still annoyed about the last event and the non-existent stops from Santa.

The decor items are so cute! I?d love a bunch of the smaller ones to do a nice ice cream section.

tsumtsum27
08-02-18, 06:34 PM
Feed the penguin 23 times in 8 days = 3 times a day = 3 fruit a a day. Is that really doable ?

orca1006
08-02-18, 06:52 PM
so here's what i've seen from my farm so far:

yellow choco bowl - collect from deep fryer
green choco bowl - collect from chocolatier
red(pink) choco bowl - collect from apple trees

frozen pineapple - deliveries
frozen kiwi - harvest crops
frozen berries - collect from pigs

yellow sticks - drop *after* fishing (2x at a time)
green sticks - drop *after* mining (2x at a time)
red sticks - collect from passion fruit vines

judyandthecat
08-02-18, 08:42 PM
The duck starts to quack when he looks at the line of ice cream trucks.
He listens to the ringing of the ice cream bells and tries to decide which ice cream truck to visit.
Hmmmm wonder how long the old girl has been farming...
A lot of ice cream trucks from a lot of sweet events.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46448

Lozziemj
08-02-18, 10:00 PM
He listens to the ringing of the ice cream bells and tries to decide which ice cream truck to visit.

Lol judyandthecat. That IS quite a collection :)

orca1006
08-03-18, 12:08 AM
for post 2; feel free to delete this once you're done updating :)

I'll only delete posts if/when members make a request. Send me a pm if you need help or have questions on posts and thread actions. Thank you. Rynetory2

Goal 3 of 7
I thought that penguin was done when we gave him the pineapple but it looks like he wants more! This time with a different fruit. So demanding!
Locate Green Chocolate Bowls x1
Mine for Green Sticks x1
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 screw, 3 xps

Goal 4 of 7
Don't tell Morgan but I worked out a sweet deal with one of the penguins... He wants a few of these frozen sticks his cousin is having Morgan make! He may have asked them from you already, but he says he'll give you something in return! Sounds like a sweet deal right?
Get Frozen Kiwi x10
Prepare Frozen Kiwi on a Stick x4
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 frozen kiwi on a stick, 3 xps

Frozen Kiwi on a Stick (10 mins in the Penguin Ice Cream Truck) - 1 Green Chocolate Bowl + 1 Frozen Kiwi + 10 Green Sticks

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 12:31 AM

This looks fabulous Judy! :love_heart: The trucks are so pretty altogether. Haha we have been playing and on this forum for years. That make us ancients or FS2 addicts lol.

tsumtsum27
08-03-18, 12:32 AM
So the hardest part is to get the green sticks

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 12:37 AM
orca1006 - many thanks for your help. :) (Added to Post 2.)

I'll only delete posts if/when members make a request. Send me a pm if you need help or have questions on posts and thread actions. Let's take this offline so we can continue on topic. Thank you. :)

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 12:37 AM
You need the following to feed the Penguin 23 times to get the Snowy Owl:

23 Frozen Kiwi on a Stick - 23 green chocolate bowl + 23 frozen kiwi + 230 green stick
23 Frozen Pineapple on a Stick - 46 yellow chocolate bowl + 46 frozen pineapple + 23 yellow stick
23 Frozen Berry on a Stick - 23 red chocolate bowl + 23 frozen berries + 69 red stick
23 Frozen Fruit Arrangement - 23 of each of the above

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 12:38 AM
So the hardest part is to get the green sticks

And we need 230 of them in order to get the Snowy Owl. :) Keep going and good luck!

gdr4gon
08-03-18, 12:39 AM
And we need 230 of them in order to get the Snowy Owl. :) Keep going and good luck!

Where should we get the green sticks if we are low level farms??

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 12:49 AM
Where should we get the green sticks if we are low level farms??

I'm afraid I don't know because I'm not on low level. I'm posting from high level.

Are you on Goal 3? It shows on goal screen.

Alternatively you can try this. Be very careful when you do this. Go to your Penguin truck, click on the Frozen Kiwi on the stick and click [Craft] button even if you dont have the ingredients. You'll see the supplies screen, click on the Green Stick picture (not on the speed up gem button) and it will tell you where to find it. Then click [X] to close the screen. You wont spend any gems if you are careful. The supplies screen will tell you where to find items.

Feel free to post goals and requirements for low level farms, I'll add to Page 1.

menps1
08-03-18, 01:19 AM
Is it just me or pika does look like a big fat rat ? ☺️

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46458

krissyone2
08-03-18, 02:15 AM
I got the Pika first feed! So shocked as I didn’t see the prize but there it was in the cellar!
It does look a bit like a fat rat but it’s cute!

jesslc41
08-03-18, 02:51 AM
I thought I wouldn't be able to participate since I'm only level 16 and I haven't expanded to the mine or the fishing pond yet - but it turns out that in my game yellow sticks come from crafting in the kitchen and green sticks come from crafting in the feed mill.

dugambon
08-03-18, 03:24 AM
I have fed hungry penguin several times. Received prizes that we also got from ice cream event, but they dont count in to do list. New items do, but old items dont. Can that pls get fixed?

orca1006
08-03-18, 04:01 AM
does anyone else have this feeling that maybe the team really meant for us to use 10 frozen kiwi's instead of 10 green sticks in crafting those kiwi on a stick?!

i'm all for doing the hard work to get that cute snowy owl...but i just mined ~20 times without getting any green sticks....:/ even assuming getting green sticks every single time i mine, 230/2=115 tools needed to get enough green sticks. i started off today with close to 200 tools, and now i'm at 140, with only 1 frozen kiwi stick to show for it. seeing the amount of frozen kiwi's i've collected then sold off v.s. the sticks since the event started...i can't help but wonder....:confused:

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 04:12 AM
Goal 5 of 7
This penguin is just like me, it can't get enough chocolate!
Find Red Chocolate Bowl x1 (apple trees)
Pick up Red Stick x1 (passion fruit vine)
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 paint, 3 xps

Goal 6 of 7
I think I'm seeing where this penguin is going with this recipe now! But is he going to eat all this? He's going to get a tummy ache.

jesslc41
08-03-18, 04:15 AM
It would certainly be much better if it were 10 kiwis to 1 stick. The sticks are a very rare drop for me too. I've been keeping an eye on the market but it's just tons of kiwis and no sticks.

Forgot to mention earlier that at level 16, I only need to feed the penguin 15 times for the goal. Still seems like an awful lot though.

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 04:20 AM
Is it just me or pika does look like a big fat rat ? ☺️

I got the Pika first feed! So shocked as I didn?t see the prize but there it was in the cellar!
It does look a bit like a fat rat but it?s cute!

Congrats!! :D Oh Pika is so adorable!

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 04:23 AM
I have fed hungry penguin several times. Received prizes that we also got from ice cream event, but they dont count in to do list. New items do, but old items dont. Can that pls get fixed?

Just to check, did you get the repeated prize this event or did you get it from the previous event? Prizes received from old events dont count. If you received it this event and it didn't count, then yes it's a bug. Please let me know. Thanks.

ankavale1000
08-03-18, 05:26 AM
Just to check, did you get the repeated prize this event or did you get it from the previous event? Prizes received from old events dont count. If you received it this event and it didn't count, then yes it's a bug. Please let me know. Thanks.

I can confirm that dugambon is correct that the older prizes do not get checked off on the Penguin Prizes to-do list. I just received Choco scoop shrub, it is the first item in my cellar, I have not touched the deco in quite a while, so I know for sure I got another one. This item is not checked off on my list.

I just got a Pop Bush, this item is checked off on list.

krissyone2
08-03-18, 05:29 AM
Congrats!! :D Oh Pika is so adorable!
Thankyou so much lovely! :)
I also had the fault with winning ice cream decos and they were not ticked off!

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 06:15 AM
dugambon, ankavale1000 and krissyone2 - Thanks for bringing this up and your updates. I can say it's a bug and have flagged it over.

We need to wait for the team to fix this.

Paul__
08-03-18, 06:25 AM
Please delete this, error.

tsumtsum27
08-03-18, 07:56 AM
Now that some mention that maybe the recipe suppose to be 10 kiwis in 1 stick, that make more sense.
Why will need 10 sticks if just to put 1 choco kiwi in ?
And the sticks is very very very hard to get while the kiwi is so easy n flooded the news paper while only needed 1 per recipe

Paul__
08-03-18, 08:07 AM
Now that some mention that maybe the recipe suppose to be 10 kiwis in 1 stick, that make more sense.
Why will need 10 sticks if just to put 1 choco kiwi in ?
And the sticks is very very very hard to get while the kiwi is so easy n flooded the news paper while only needed 1 per recipe

Maybe it is meant to be 10 items from the crops instead of mine, like the last event like this (Parakeets)

orca1006
08-03-18, 08:20 AM
Maybe it is meant to be 10 items from the crops instead of mine, like the last event like this (Parakeets)

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REMEMBER!!! you're awesome! i just looked it up ("without feather ado" from Apr 4 2018 to those curious), and you're right! it's the exact same pattern! now i'm like 99.9999% sure this must be a cruel joke...T-T

dear Rynetory2...do you think this is something the team can check on or...?! :confused:

Paul__
08-03-18, 08:43 AM
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REMEMBER!!! you're awesome! i just looked it up ("without feather ado" from Apr 4 2018 to those curious), and you're right! it's the exact same pattern! now i'm like 99.9999% sure this must be a cruel joke...T-T

dear Rynetory2...do you think this is something the team can check on or...?! :confused:

Also the goal says to get 10, just like the old event, I checked the other thread. I only remember because I spent hours collecting from the plots and making wheat... 46463

jesslc41
08-03-18, 09:13 AM
Surely either there's been a mix up between frozen kiwis and the green sticks or the stick drop rate is way too low. I have been running my feed mill all day, sold off countless bags of cheap feed, and I have managed to accumulate a grand total of 7 sticks - not even enough for one kiwi on a stick. And I'm lucky in that at least I don't need to use up tools for them. And who knows how many frozen kiwis I've dumped (at the minimum price they sometimes sell but I've ended just discarding them sometimes too).

It's not the weekend in the US yet, is it? Hopefully someone from S8 can have a look at it asap.

earthangell2
08-03-18, 09:16 AM
I also have a choco shrub and sundae not checked off, and the beehive cake was checked off, perhaps as the last was one I hadn?t won in previous events.

dugambon
08-03-18, 09:31 AM

I received all this event, so I fear its a bug

dugambon
08-03-18, 09:32 AM
I also have a choco shrub and sundae not checked off, and the beehive cake was checked off, perhaps as the last was one I hadn?t won in previous events.

I have the same problem, choco shrub, sundae, choco fountain..not checked off

Paul__
08-03-18, 09:56 AM
Yay! The craft is fixed, wish I could get my items back though.

orca1006
08-03-18, 10:04 AM

really?!?! omg i'm gonna go check right now! i was taking a break as i feared (1) i broke my mine already & (2) no one would see our lil chat here before the weekend...but yay!!! :D thanks guys for the team work in getting this issue noticed and fixed!!! and thanks S8 team!!! *high five* :cool::cool::cool:

jesslc41
08-03-18, 10:28 AM
At least it got fixed before the weekend! So glad we don't have to wait until Mon, wondering if it's a mistake... :)

Now it looks like the choke point might be red sticks (at least for me) - and is that craft definitely right? Why 3 sticks for one frozen berry? :confused: Also pigs and passionfruit have the same timer but the berries seem to have the higher drop rate.

orca1006
08-03-18, 10:35 AM
Now it looks like the choke point might be red sticks (at least for me) - and is that craft definitely right? Why 3 sticks for one frozen berry? :confused: Also pigs and passionfruit have the same timer but the berries seem to have the higher drop rate.

OMG i haven't gotten there yet so I haven't noticed it...but you're right! there's an inconsistency....

here's the comparison to without feather-a-do:

Plant Nutrient_______vs_______Berries stick
1 Nutrient Instructions from apple trees____________1 red choco bowl from apple trees
1 Trowel from Passion vines___________________3 red sticks from passion vines
3 fertilizer from the pigs__________________1 frozen berries from pigs

Hopefully S8 team will notice this soon as well.....:rolleyes:

p.s. indeed, why need 3 sticks unless it's a super fancy popsicle xD

UPDATE: This has been updated now too! :) new recipe = 1 bowl + 1 stick + 3 berries! YAY~~ thanks S8! :love_heart:

earthangell2
08-03-18, 10:41 AM
Infuriating that I used about 60 axes and shovels to make the 4 kiwi recipes, now I?m out of tools, and I need to make 19 more, and now they changed the recipe. I want my sticks back😫 Also, have harvested passion fruits twice(have 4 vines) and got zero sticks😡

orca1006
08-03-18, 10:46 AM
Infuriating that I used about 60 axes and shovels to make the 4 kiwi recipes....

maybe this makes you feel slightly better: i used 60 tools to make "1" kiwi recipe....-_-'''

earthangell2
08-03-18, 10:48 AM
Correction I have 4 vines and an arbor. Only have 2 sticks bought in market!

jed1066
08-03-18, 11:34 AM
My vanilla scoop ice cream didn’t count .
I Used nearly 50 tools to get 20 green sticks to make 2 kiwis lollipops. Then the team changed the amount ,
that’s better now thank you makes it a little easier

Rynetory2
08-03-18, 12:23 PM
Update:

The issue with prizes not checking off in the Penguin's Prizes Goal has been fixed.

orleansparish
08-03-18, 01:28 PM
While I?m elated they sorted out the problem with the sticks, I?ve now depleted my stash of 50 shovels and 40 axe to make 2 kiwi thingies.

Before this I couldn?t stop my animals and deliveries from giving me mining tools. Now they are being stingy! Overall I won?t quit playing this event because it?s reasonable and within reach.

Thanks for fixing it quickly, Storm8.

Paul__
08-03-18, 02:05 PM
Yay! I got the pika first try, Thank you storm8!

loulou1290
08-03-18, 02:18 PM
Yay! 10 Kiwi instead of 10 green sticks has been fixed - so much better - might actually be able to do it now!

Lilliepaddd
08-03-18, 02:23 PM
Yay! 10 Kiwi instead of 10 green sticks has been fixed - so much better - might actually be able to do it now!

I used up to 80 tools though.. ugh.

Nastylilhobbits
08-03-18, 02:35 PM
I love the penguin sundae decoration, he's adorable eating his ice cream :)

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46467&d=1533332326

Lozziemj
08-03-18, 03:19 PM
maybe this makes you feel slightly better: i used 60 tools to make "1" kiwi recipe....-_-'''
I used all of my tools and a fortune in gems to extend each tool and still only got 2 sticks. :(

orca1006
08-03-18, 03:36 PM
I used all of my tools and a fortune in gems to extend each tool and still only got 2 sticks. :(

oh no! don't extend the tools. extending tools may be helpful IF the items are found *when* you're mining (like last tiki event). but for this event, the sticks are found *after* you finish mining/exiting the mine, so i don't think extending would help.

and i agree with orleansparish's observation, i haven't had much luck with tool drops from deliveries or animals since the event started, either. i've also been keeping an eye on my new expansion permit counts because i think they've stopped dropping from deliveries -- like when the last tiki event started, which required a bug report to fix. BUT to quote Rynetory2, it's good to have event items drop during an event, so i'm just keeping my head down and working extra hard on sending more and more planes to make up for it. honestly, i'm just sooooo beyond relieve that the recipes got updated that i don't wanna bring up more issues for awhile...gotta be content hehehe :)

Before this I couldn?t stop my animals and deliveries from giving me mining tools. Now they are being stingy!

Lozziemj
08-03-18, 03:48 PM

oh no! don't extend the tools. extending tools may be helpful IF the items are found *when* you're mining (like last tiki event). but for this event, the sticks are found *after* you finish mining/exiting the mine, so i don't think extending would help.

and i agree with orleansparish's observation, i haven't had much luck with tool drops from deliveries or animals since the event started, either. i've also been keeping an eye on my new expansion permit counts because i think they've stopped dropping from deliveries -- like when the last tiki event started, which required a bug report to fix. BUT to quote Rynetory2, it's good to have event items drop during an event, so i'm just keeping my head down and working extra hard on sending more and more planes to make up for it. honestly, i'm just sooooo beyond relieve that the recipes got updated that i don't wanna bring up more issues for awhile...gotta be content hehehe :)

I hear you, Orca! I?m relieved about the recipe fix too! Do you know if it?s ok to craft some items early? I?ve got the items needed to make crafts for future goals. It seems we?ll need many more of each than the number to complete the initial goals 🤔

BakeryAvenue22nd
08-03-18, 04:02 PM
I feel So Ripped off NOW after Using 60+ Tools in the Mine to get the 40 sticks to make the 4 Frozen Kiwi on a Stick. THEN they FIX/Change the Amount so now you only need 1 Green Stick. So now I'm out all those mining tools and Green Sticks. THANKS, Storm 8 for another event that is going to take everything I got to finish IF I CAN FINISH IT!!!

claeystrails
08-03-18, 04:14 PM
It appears you were right. I unloaded probably 100 frozen kiwis and made a kiwi treat using 10 green sticks and now I'm stuck on goal 4. And they've changed the recipe!

krissyone2
08-03-18, 04:35 PM
I think as frustrating as problems can be,we need to be greatful for the changes made with plenty of time left and the great work of our admins to report problems and get them fixed! Thanks to all xx
Ps I am also out of mining tools

orca1006
08-03-18, 04:36 PM
I hear you, Orca! I?m relieved about the recipe fix too! Do you know if it?s ok to craft some items early? I?ve got the items needed to make crafts for future goals. It seems we?ll need many more of each than the number to complete the initial goals ��

personally, i DO pre-craft the items, but i do this carefully. and i'd preface this by saying, (1) please familiarize yourself with the goals as Rynetory2 has nicely detailed for us in post #2, and (2) do NOT collect the items until you reach the goals that need those items.

p.s. i'm a bit OCD, so i jot down # of crafts i've made on a piece of paper next to me so i don't lose track :p

Lilliepaddd
08-03-18, 04:43 PM
Good point, and I do things too soon. Has anyone noticed low drops for new expansion parts since this event started? Yes I'm low on tools...growl lol

Paul__
08-03-18, 06:26 PM
I LOVE the Penguin Sundae! Every time I am waiting for crafts I go to my farm and stare at that penguin eatting alll that ice cream. I hope that the team does more cute decorations like this in the future.

tsumtsum27
08-03-18, 07:58 PM
The hungry penguin at market is locked and says 1/1, limit reached.
How to feed 23 ?

Paul__
08-03-18, 08:05 PM
The hungry penguin at market is locked and says 1/1, limit reached.
How to feed 23 ?

Once you feed your penguin, wait 5 minutes, collect your prize and you will be able to feed the penguin again.

tsumtsum27
08-03-18, 08:20 PM
Oh ok. Thank u much. I tot we need to buy 23 like the tiki thing last time.

Scalezzzz
08-03-18, 09:25 PM
Pretty cute!

jesslc41
08-03-18, 10:31 PM
Wow - how do you have the owl already! He is cute :)

Is it okay to start feeding the penguin already? I'm still on goal 5 of sweet arrangements. I see on page 1 that the sweet arrangements goal 6/7 has make 4 frozen fruit arrangements and feed the penguin once. So if I save ingredients for those steps, I should be okay to start working on the Feed the Penguin goal, right?

I was super lucky that the recipe change happened before I had enough green sticks to make a kiwi on a stick. I sat on 9 sticks for ages... but I'm glad now. Anyway thank that bit of luck I now have enough green sticks for my goals, so as soon as I get some extras from my feed mill I'll post in the buy/sell thread (might take a while though as it's a super low drop rate. But at least no tools at my level).

Fairyreserve
08-03-18, 11:03 PM
Guys, where do pika and the owl live?

tsumtsum27
08-04-18, 02:30 AM
Love this event.
It is like a gift after the previous hard ones.
The best part is that we can trade items.
I hope to get the candy bush i wanted so much n did not get at the previous.
Thx team storm8.

judyandthecat
08-04-18, 02:48 AM

In the igloo...they are friends of the penguins.

jesslc41
08-04-18, 03:18 AM
Do you have complete something else to get the goal Gotta find them all? I don't have that one.

Edit: I have it now. I think it showed up after I completed sweet arrangements 7

dugambon
08-04-18, 06:57 AM

They both live in iglo with the penguin

Scalezzzz
08-04-18, 11:42 AM
Wow - how do you have the owl already! He is cute :)

Is it okay to start feeding the penguin already? I'm still on goal 5 of sweet arrangements. I see on page 1 that the sweet arrangements goal 6/7 has make 4 frozen fruit arrangements and feed the penguin once. So if I save ingredients for those steps, I should be okay to start working on the Feed the Penguin goal, right?

I was super lucky that the recipe change happened before I had enough green sticks to make a kiwi on a stick. I sat on 9 sticks for ages... but I'm glad now. Anyway thank that bit of luck I now have enough green sticks for my goals, so as soon as I get some extras from my feed mill I'll post in the buy/sell thread (might take a while though as it's a super low drop rate. But at least no tools at my level).

I found 15 arrangements in the newspaper so I only had to make 8!

lilhobby4ever
08-04-18, 04:34 PM
Putting aside the frozen kiwi on a stick recipe issue; I'm really enjoying this event. It's great to be able a buy and sell event items at a cheap price AND feel like you can successfully finish the quest.

One question though, is it guaranteed that you get the pika within the 23 feeds ... or is that a luck element?

Paul__
08-04-18, 05:10 PM
Putting aside the frozen kiwi on a stick recipe issue; I'm really enjoying this event. It's great to be able a buy and sell event items at a cheap price AND feel like you can successfully finish the quest.

One question though, is it guaranteed that you get the pika within the 23 feeds ... or is that a luck element?

The prize from the Sleeping Penguin is random; if you turn in 23 feeds you will get an owl guaranteed. Some people may get lucky and get the Pika on their first collection, and it may take 30 collections for some. It is completely random.

lennumber1
08-04-18, 05:34 PM

Luck I did the 23 feeds and did not get the pika and 1 other item

lilhobby4ever
08-04-18, 06:49 PM
Thank you to Paul and lennumber1 for the info!

Update: I was lucky and got the pika on the 8th try. Best of luck to all!

Paul__
08-04-18, 08:28 PM
Thank you to Paul and lennumber1 for the info!

Update: I was lucky and got the pika on the 8th try. Best of luck to all!

No problem and congratulations on your Pika!

bakerystoe
08-04-18, 08:38 PM
Yay I am in love this event so much! I got the pika at the 7th try.:love-struck:

Lilliepaddd
08-04-18, 10:11 PM
Great event except for using tons of tools not really needed, anyhow I haven't received any new expansion parts. Wondering what's going on. Thanks!

jesslc41
08-04-18, 10:32 PM
About half the time when I feed the penguin I don't get anything except a few coins. Is this meant to be the case or is it a bug?

loulou1290
08-04-18, 10:53 PM
I have not had any red stick drops from the passionfrut! Is this normal?? It’s making it a little hard - I’m making greens and yellows, but can’t complete a red!��

A1ian0re
08-05-18, 03:36 AM
I really enjoy these type of events however, it better not be the case that I have now got the owl and will not get the top three items from the penguin like what happened with the bird event, I got the one from the goal and not the luck event even though I sent way more than triple the amount needed for the goal pet and still didnt receive the other. I'm on 25 now, hoping I will get the pika and fountain soon

it just seems unfair, could it not be the case that after an unknown number of feeds, to the player, you are guaranteed the pika if not already got then we will not be wasting our time becuase it seems if you dont get in in the first 20 or so feeds you dont get it at all - my mums drop is the same

jesslc41
08-05-18, 04:17 AM
Well I got my pika, which is the item I wanted - yay! First drop from the penguin after I leveled up to level 17 and placed the igloo. Coincidence? Maybe... or maybe it couldn't drop before because I didn't have an igloo (not available until level 17). I should read up on how pets work.

Not really fussed about the decor, which is good because I keep getting duplicates of the same two things. I think I will pass on the goal where you have to get each one of the penguin drops. I have enough fruit on a stick to get my owl, just got to finish making it into arrangements and feed Mr Penguin and then I'm done.

MASkleMASK
08-05-18, 05:14 AM
I?ve made 8 kiwi on a stick but saying I?ve only made 2 in sweet treats so can?t get past level 4. Is this a bug?

MASkleMASK
08-05-18, 06:15 AM
Ok this is working now and I?ve got my pika 😊👍

Fairyreserve
08-05-18, 08:07 AM
In the igloo...they are friends of the penguins.

Sigh. If only I had somewhere to put the thing.

Fairyreserve
08-05-18, 08:10 AM
Storm8, I'm always in your corner, but this time gotta call ya out on the kiwi stick recipe changing AFTER ppl used up all their tools. Doesn't seem fair. Wellp. Onward, I guess.

JJTwinkles
08-05-18, 08:27 AM
I am out of mining tools but I am very happy that Storm8 listened to our feedback and made the changes even when they need not. Thank you very much Storm8 for listening to us. :love_heart: You made the event more possible and easier for us. I love that we can help each other out by selling event stuffs.

I am grateful for the changes as someone said and also for an easier event like this and I hope we get more of these events. Thanks for listening to us.

Can you let us keep the sleeping penguin animated after the event? It's so cute and I love it!

I think as frustrating as problems can be,we need to be greatful for the changes made with plenty of time left and the great work of our admins to report problems and get them fixed! Thanks to all xx
Ps I am also out of mining tools

Fairyreserve
08-05-18, 11:30 AM
I am out of mining tools but I am very happy that Storm8 listened to our feedback and made the changes even when they need not. Thank you very much Storm8 for listening to us. :love_heart: You made the event more possible and easier for us. I love that we can help each other out by selling event stuffs.

I am grateful for the changes as someone said and also for an easier event like this and I hope we get more of these events. Thanks for listening to us.

Can you let us keep the sleeping penguin animated after the event? It's so cute and I love it!

Welllll..... Totally agree, they don't need to make changes to give us an easier time in any element of the game. This change 2ith the green kiwi pop tho, that was an oops. I M pretty sure based on the other recipes that it was miscoded so that the sticks said 10 when that wasn't intended. Honest mistake, and it was discovered and fixed very early. Just saying, not fixing it when it was an honest miscoded or bug would be, I dunno no, unethical? Or maybe just plain crappy. But they did. It's not the same as listening to players who want easier events and then giving us one. Just my observation. Personally, I think the storm8 folks r pretty cool. Doesn't mean there aren't mistakes. Hell, I make mistakes every day.

ankavale1000
08-05-18, 03:21 PM
This is truly a wonderful event. I wish every event is like this one. The prizes are very nice, too. I think the beehive cake was the final prize for the Cake Pop event, which I didn't get, so it is especially nice to obtain it finally during this event. Thank u !!!

orleansparish
08-05-18, 06:17 PM
This is the absolute quickest that I?ve finished any goal. The mine still wasn?t dropping many sticks for me. Nor my animals with tools. I?ve fed all those brats every four hours and believe me, there are a ton of them. I even pulled six dogs out of storage!

But thanks to a couple people selling green sticks I was able to make some kiwi pops. Then a kind amazing soul sold SIXTY fruit baskets this morning. Another person sold five. So those two, along with my being able to make 8 more myself, allowed me to finally get both pets.

I think I?ll save the space for another icy pet since I didn?t win the penguin (sniff, sniff) and sell off the remaining baskets.

goodies70
08-05-18, 08:24 PM
Can someone tell me what prizes you get with the Red Ice Chest? 400 gems seems a lot, is it worth it? I’ve already finished the other goals & I Love all of the prizes!!

Fairyreserve
08-05-18, 09:49 PM
You know, I wonder if the ease with which I'm receiving all the drops, other than the mine, was in direct relation to the issues early on. Well either way, this is been a really fun event. I like that so many of the prizes I like that so many of the prizes are from the ice cream event, for all those folks who didn't get all of those prizes.

ozigal
08-06-18, 03:08 AM
This event has been most enjoyable ,being able to buy and sell required items as a community. It has been a long time since I have been able to complete an event and had been loosing interest. Thumbs up for S8 for bringing the community aspect back into the game.

krissyone2
08-06-18, 06:15 AM
So sad I can’t win the penguin eating ice cream!! Greatful to have won major prizes and hoping its released as a deco in the future! Not giving up but feeling defeated after feeding penguins over 30 times with help from a generous neighbour.
Good luck everyone... hope your random is good to you! :)
Thanks Storm 8 for an enjoyable event!

earthangell2
08-06-18, 09:59 AM
I really enjoy these type of events however, it better not be the case that I have now got the owl and will not get the top three items from the penguin like what happened with the bird event, I got the one from the goal and not the luck event even though I sent way more than triple the amount needed for the goal pet and still didnt receive the other. I'm on 25 now, hoping I will get the pika and fountain soon
I
it just seems unfair, could it not be the case that after an unknown number of feeds, to the player, you are guaranteed the pika if not already got then we will not be wasting our time becuase it seems if you dont get in in the first 20 or so feeds you dont get it at all - my mums drop is the same
I have the same type of problem. I got the owl Friday, but am still trying to get the pika and the penguin fountain. I have 5 ice cream cottages, 3 fudge fountains, 7 choco shrubs, 8 pop bushes, 5 cookie stacks, 9 vanilla shrubs, 6 ice cream planters, and 8 beehive cakes. 51 times, so far. Wish me luck, because as the blues song says, ?without bad luck I wouldn?t have no luck at all?.

claeystrails
08-06-18, 10:43 AM
This is a great event. I was lucky enough to get the Pika and am making my last arrangement to get the owl. It was do able we could help each other and not be on our respective devices 24/7. Thanks Storm 8!

wishfulthinking13
08-06-18, 11:57 AM
I can't get my Sweet Arrangements goal to update, it keeps resetting the counter. Any suggestions? I emailed support in the game, and I was sent back a message that they couldn't help me and to check the forum....

krissyone2
08-06-18, 02:02 PM
I can't get my Sweet Arrangements goal to update, it keeps resetting the counter. Any suggestions? I emailed support in the game, and I was sent back a message that they couldn't help me and to check the forum....
I had the same problem till I realised you need to have them and not use them to make items!!

wishfulthinking13
08-06-18, 02:27 PM
I had the same problem till I realised you need to have them and not use them to make items!!

Perfect! Thank you for helping, I feel so much better now.... Good thing you were paying attention 😉 Clearly I wasn't!

cassa666
08-06-18, 02:57 PM

Can?t understand what is going on. Penguins?.... there are none at the end of this quest? Actually it?s a complete waste of my time.

chdavis007
08-06-18, 03:20 PM
i cant believe i spent all that time to finally get that owl and now i have nowhere to put him. i already have 3 igloos and thats the limit. i want a refund.

chdavis007
08-06-18, 03:38 PM
Can i please have a home for my owl and pika??????????????

beholdthebrookestar
08-06-18, 04:16 PM
I’m loving my snowy owl, but almost 40 feeds and still no pika. ��

beholdthebrookestar
08-06-18, 04:32 PM
Make that 50 feeds. :( Does Storm 8 have it set up where some people just can’t get some prizes? I’m so sad. :(

kindefarm1890
08-06-18, 06:14 PM
Bernard the penguin is in the market for 250 gems. The red chest is also on sale for 200 gems. Does anyone know what items the chest drops? Decorations or event items?

tsumtsum27
08-06-18, 07:17 PM
I really hope that after the event, the hungry penguin spot will still hv the full penguin on top of it as decor. He s so cute

Rynetory2
08-06-18, 09:14 PM
Can someone tell me what prizes you get with the Red Ice Chest? 400 gems seems a lot, is it worth it? I’ve already finished the other goals & I Love all of the prizes!!

Bernard the penguin is in the market for 250 gems. The red chest is also on sale for 200 gems. Does anyone know what items the chest drops? Decorations or event items?

I'll try to find out more.

Rynetory2
08-06-18, 09:15 PM

I really hope that after the event, the hungry penguin spot will still hv the full penguin on top of it as decor. He s so cute

I've sent in a request for us. :)

princessskykennedy
08-06-18, 09:19 PM
Make that 50 feeds. :( Does Storm 8 have it set up where some people just can?t get some prizes? I?m so sad. :(

I think so! I am suffering with you! Ugh

Rynetory2
08-06-18, 09:27 PM
I thought I will drop a post here on Goal 6 since members have posted and I have received many pms on this.

Goal 6

Please make sure of the following:
- Prepare your frozen fruit arrangement after you get to this goal. Those made before you got to the goal wouldn't count. Only new ones made after you got the goal count.

- Do not use them and have 4 of them in your barn in order for the task to check off.

If you are still having issues after doing the above, post in the Bugs forum and I'll help you there.

beholdthebrookestar
08-06-18, 09:31 PM
Finally got it somewhere around 60 attempts! I?m really grateful to the community for continuing to farm and create event items after they?ve already completed the event! Thanks, y?all!

krissyone2
08-07-18, 03:46 AM
Perfect! Thank you for helping, I feel so much better now.... Good thing you were paying attention 😉 Clearly I wasn't!
Your so welcome! I was blindsided for ages haha x

krissyone2
08-07-18, 03:47 AM
Finally got it somewhere around 60 attempts! I?m really grateful to the community for continuing to farm and create event items after they?ve already completed the event! Thanks, y?all!
Congrats! 50 tried and still no penguin eating ice cream for me sadly :(

loulou1290
08-07-18, 06:42 AM
Thanks Storm for a fun event - drop rates were not good on some things, but being able to buy in the newspaper meant ventually I was able to do it. I have Pika and Owl - still trying to get the Fudge Fountain and then I’m done, but will keep making so that I can make them available for people still in need!
What a nice relaxing event for once!

Rynetory2
08-07-18, 07:53 AM
The Penguins are back - Trip to the Ice Cream Factory

The other penguins decided that they wanted to visit Farm Story 2 after hearing all the wonderful stories of Summer, Bernard and Proper's vacation. And Bernard, who missed us so much, came back with his friends - Pika and Snowy Owl.

Last weekend, Morgan and I brought the penguins and Piper to visit the Ice Cream Factory where everything was made of ice-cream, well almost everything. You could find all different flavours of ice-cream there and you could eat to your heart's content.

The penguins loved it and they had so much fun there. Wow I certainly didn't know that the penguins have a gigantic appetite and I was amazed by how much they could eat. Even Piper and her fox couldn't keep up with them.

The thought of ice-cream brought fond memories of Delora to mind. I shall bring her here the next time if she visits us again. :)

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46496

These two penguins were so busy digging into their ice-cream sundaes... and the sundaes were much bigger than them! And this little one ate so much that he fell asleep on the spot lol.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46497

It was a fun day and we all enjoyed ourselves very much, especially the penguins. :)

goodies70
08-07-18, 11:42 AM
Can anyone tell us what prizes are in the Red Chest?

Bobbar1
08-07-18, 02:06 PM
Perhaps I?m missing something but I have only found 4 green sticks for this entire event. Is anyone else having the same problem and if so what have you done (besides buying something). I have only found about 12 in the marketplace. Is everyone else having the same problem. If not please sell your excess
Of the 4 ones I found in the mine showed up as I was exiting not while I was digging I was digging is that tay it should work

MiriellaBella
08-07-18, 05:10 PM
The green sticks I found in the mine showed up on exiting, and not every time, but I made a point of exiting after every mining attempt before trying again. It did take a while. I only found green sticks once on the market, and once when visiting a farm and checking their store. Maybe more will start to show up now as people are finishing their event.

Rynetory2
08-07-18, 08:32 PM
Updates:

Green Chocolate Bowl
Green Sticks
Frozen Kiwi
Yellow Chocolate Bowl
Frozen Pineapple
Yellow Sticks
Red Chocolate Bowl
Red Sticks
Frozen Berries
Frozen Kiwi on a Stick
Frozen Fruit Arrangement

Paul__
08-07-18, 08:33 PM
Updates:

Green Chocolate Bowl
Green Sticks
Frozen Kiwi
Yellow Chocolate Bowl
Frozen Pineapple
Yellow Sticks
Red Chocolate Bowl
Red Sticks
Frozen Berries
Frozen Kiwi on a Stick
Frozen Fruit Arrangement

os there any update on the normal ice chest animation?

Rynetory2
08-07-18, 08:35 PM
os there any update on the normal ice chest animation?

Do you mean the Red Ice Chest? I didnt think I saw any request in the thread... was there?

Paul__
08-07-18, 08:38 PM
Do you mean the Red Ice Chest? I didnt think I saw any request in the thread... was there?

i am talking about the animation for the normal ice chest from rhe penguins event.

Rynetory2
08-07-18, 09:04 PM
i am talking about the animation for the normal ice chest from rhe penguins event.

See my update in the Penguins On Parade thread. It was the event in July. Let's continue the discussion there so as not confuse members with current event, especially since we also have an ice chest for this event.

Fairyreserve
08-07-18, 11:26 PM
The Penguins are back - Trip to the Ice Cream Factory

The other penguins decided that they wanted to visit Farm Story 2 after hearing all the wonderful stories of Summer, Bernard and Proper's vacation. And Bernard, who missed us so much, came back with his friends - Pika and Snowy Owl.

Last weekend, Morgan and I brought the penguins and Piper to visit the Ice Cream Factory where everything was made of ice-cream, well almost everything. You could find all different flavours of ice-cream there and you could eat to your heart's content.

The penguins loved it and they had so much fun there. Wow I certainly didn't know that the penguins have a gigantic appetite and I was amazed by how much they could eat. Even Piper and her fox couldn't keep up with them.

The thought of ice-cream brought fond memories of Delora to mind. I shall bring her here the next time if she visits us again. :)

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46496

These two penguins were so busy digging into their ice-cream sundaes... and the sundaes were much bigger than them! And this little one ate so much that he fell asleep on the spot lol.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46497

It was a fun day and we all enjoyed ourselves very much, especially the penguins. :)

Soooo so clever, Ryne. Brilliant! Ah, sweet Delora. Maybe we'll see her again one day soon. Can u imagine a Dino Dig habitat with velociraptors and steggies and brachiosauri and triceratops? But great story, loved the tale of the penguins s visit and all that ice cream!

Bobbar1
08-08-18, 11:24 AM
Thanks much for the response. I’ll try just existing after one attempt buthave to start accumulating tools again

Panthertiger2017
08-08-18, 05:33 PM
Oh my so very bummed , finally won the pica after so many tries and when I went back on the game to buy the igloo the pica was no where to be found. Have been playing all day just to try and win it again but to no avail. I know we still have more time but I'm so bummed don't know if I want to keep trying. Congratulations to All who have won it and Good Luck to everyone who hasn't!

jackieis
08-08-18, 05:57 PM
At least 50 tries and still missing 3 items from the checklist including the pica. But hey I have 20 of the chocolate ice cream scoop decorations to make up for it! ��

lululatte
08-08-18, 06:57 PM
This was a good challenge. Being able to share is great.. adds to the community spirit. I have my owl thanks to lots of people sharing items on newspaper. I just need the lovely little penguin ice cream sunday. I keep getting chocolate scoop bushes I have 12 now.. well done storm 8 lots more fun. ��

wishfulthinking13
08-08-18, 09:09 PM
This was a good challenge. Being able to share is great.. adds to the community spirit. I have my owl thanks to lots of people sharing items on newspaper. I just need the lovely little penguin ice cream sunday. I keep getting chocolate scoop bushes I have 12 now.. well done storm 8 lots more fun. 😊

I agree this has been a fun challenge, but I'm missing the pika still... I just keep plugging along.

waywardwood
08-08-18, 10:23 PM
This was a good challenge. Being able to share is great.. adds to the community spirit. I have my owl thanks to lots of people sharing items on newspaper. I just need the lovely little penguin ice cream sunday. I keep getting chocolate scoop bushes I have 12 now.. well done storm 8 lots more fun. 

I agree this has been fun and great to get/give help with neighbors and community. Thanks Storm8! I'm lucky enough to have gotten both pets (yay! Never happens to me) but I cannot get the chocolate fountain...so many of the choco scoops and the beehive cake, and really everything but the fountain. I'm not actually that attached and will be happy no matter what but still trying for the sake of it. Good luck!

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 02:30 AM
Oh my so very bummed , finally won the pica after so many tries and when I went back on the game to buy the igloo the pica was no where to be found. Have been playing all day just to try and win it again but to no avail. I know we still have more time but I'm so bummed don't know if I want to keep trying. Congratulations to All who have won it and Good Luck to everyone who hasn't!

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I strongly recommend that players do not leave their game immediately and always do a force save, after every important action or activity. Of course playing on a strong reliable connection helps. Crossing my fingers and toes for you that you get it again.

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 02:33 AM
Soooo so clever, Ryne. Brilliant! Ah, sweet Delora. Maybe we'll see her again one day soon. Can u imagine a Dino Dig habitat with velociraptors and steggies and brachiosauri and triceratops? But great story, loved the tale of the penguins s visit and all that ice cream!

Oh you have such great ideas! Love them! Who knows we may see Delora soon. :)

Just for you... here's a picture of Bernard climbing up the Fudge Fountain for some delicious fudge. :)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46526

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 02:37 AM
The penguins left at the end of their vacation, with more wonderful stories of their vacation to share with their friends back home. Pika and Snowy Owl decided to stay at Farm Story 2, being so in love with the warm weather and everything here. Additionally, much to my utmost delight, Snowy Owl will be flying the mails to the penguins for us to keep in touch.

And they all lived happily ever after... :D

The End.

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 02:46 AM
Did you like this event? Which items did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Panthertiger2017
08-09-18, 03:01 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I strongly recommend that players do not leave their game immediately and always do a force save, after every important action or activity. Of course playing on a strong reliable connection helps. Crossing my fingers and toes for you that you get it again.

Thank you! Unfortunately I didn't leave the game on purpose it shut down on me...oh well that's life I guess I shouldn't of been playing it at work. LoL �� But I was wondering How do you do a force save??

lululatte
08-09-18, 03:14 AM
That's sad.. I got lucky and got him after three goes. I can't get the cute sundae penguin.. but I know I'm lucky with what I got. A few hours left keep trying, good luck.

rustyroo2
08-09-18, 08:10 AM
Limit on igloos all are full have owl stuck in storage is there a way to sell one of my dogs?

Paul__
08-09-18, 12:18 PM
I really liked this event. I prefer this time of event than the collection event because it is easier to turn in collections since we get to start collecting all the items from day one, and we get to trade event items and we don?t have to give collection items in the Goals. Please do more of these types of collection events instead of rhe ones where a new item unlocks every day, or at least make all the items unlock st the same time.

The only thing i didn?t lkke about this event is some repeat prizes. I loved the two pets and also the penguin ice cream decoration!

driver1711
08-09-18, 12:28 PM
I can not see where to purchase the icy igloo. nor do I see it in storage. Have the snowy owl, but not the pica, so the owl will remain in the cellar

driver1711
08-09-18, 12:39 PM
Do you mean like
10 Choco Scoop Shrub
6 Pop Bush
5 Vanilla Scoop Shrub
4 each Beehive cake, Cookie Stack and Ice Cream Planter

yunameomeo
08-09-18, 01:17 PM
there is only few hours left and I got the pika at around 50 tries right before I decided to give up on him. Im so happy that this is my first time i won all the prizes in an event. Thank you Storm8

Lilliepaddd
08-09-18, 01:35 PM
Great event! Thanks for letting us trade and sell...Awesome, we need more like this. I even bought the penguin! Very happy ��

tisiphonic
08-09-18, 03:26 PM
I can not see where to purchase the icy igloo. nor do I see it in storage. Have the snowy owl, but not the pica, so the owl will remain in the cellar

When I tried to pull my owl out of cellar, it said I needed an icy igloo, I hit go and it took me directly to it in the market. I was hoping I could put it in a tree I already have......ok, that is a different topic. I hope this will help you find the igloo.

tisiphonic
08-09-18, 03:36 PM
Just wanted to make a comment about this event type. I’ve always enjoyed playing games with people. Even as a kid, I came up with new rules for scrabble where you got extra points for helping someone. I enjoy this type of event. Being able to share my extra thingies and buy someone else’s whatsadoodles makes it feel more like a community. I started selling extras when I noticed how lopsided my collecting was. I even sold completed pops when I noticed I wouldn’t have time to make arrangements with all of them. I feel helpful, like when I volunteer at our local food pantry - not exactly the same, but it’s the “ here, I have it and I don’t mind giving it to you if you need it” type of kindness that I enjoy and try hard to instill in my children. Please make more events where can help one another. Ok that’s me getting off my soapbox.

Blondiegirlhi
08-09-18, 03:42 PM
I also very much enjoyed this event. This is what playing a game should be like, enjoyable and being able to succeed while also helping others to do the same. There was very little stress in this game, just fun playing and helping others. Thank you Storm8.

earthangell2
08-09-18, 06:26 PM
I have the same type of problem. I got the owl Friday, but am still trying to get the pika and the penguin fountain. I have 5 ice cream cottages, 3 fudge fountains, 7 choco shrubs, 8 pop bushes, 5 cookie stacks, 9 vanilla shrubs, 6 ice cream planters, and 8 beehive cakes. 51 times, so far. Wish me luck, because as the blues song says, ?without bad luck I wouldn?t have no luck at all?.

Final tally out of over 100 times, 1 penguin sundae, zero pika, 8 cottages, 15 chocolate shrubs, 20 pop bushes, 12 cookie stacks, 15 vanilla shrubs, 12 ice cream planters, and 21 beehive cakes. I spent money, like a few other recent events, and no luck. Not happy.

loulou1290
08-09-18, 07:15 PM
Just wanted to make a comment about this event type. I?ve always enjoyed playing games with people. Even as a kid, I came up with new rules for scrabble where you got extra points for helping someone. I enjoy this type of event. Being able to share my extra thingies and buy someone else?s whatsadoodles makes it feel more like a community. I started selling extras when I noticed how lopsided my collecting was. I even sold completed pops when I noticed I wouldn?t have time to make arrangements with all of them. I feel helpful, like when I volunteer at our local food pantry - not exactly the same, but it?s the ? here, I have it and I don?t mind giving it to you if you need it? type of kindness that I enjoy and try hard to instill in my children. Please make more events where can help one another. Ok that?s me getting off my soapbox.

I love it - my thoughts exactly! I love playing with others and really enjoyed selling off my excess knowing how much I appreciated others doing the same! Loved this event, even if I didn?t get the fudge fountain!

PookieBear50
08-09-18, 07:25 PM
Managed to get at least one of each prize...except the Pika. Probably fed the penguin about 30 or so times, but I kept getting Cookie Stacks or Chocolate or Vanilla Shrubs. I'm not going to complain, since I received the Snowy Owl...but it would have been nice to get the Pika too. Oh, well.

I like the idea of being able to craft frozen treats, as we did in this event. I also liked using different fruit from what we usually use to craft them. Perhaps Kiwi and Pineapple could be added, and these frozen treats can be brought back and made permanent, but made "properly" with harvested produce instead of item drops? Just a thought...

While this event allowed me to receive the Beehive Cake that I missed during a previous event, it was not exactly what I had been hoping for...especially when I ended up getting a second one later. Still, if it ever comes to pass that I have occasion to put out "dessert" decorations on my farm, having the two will allow for a degree of balance to whatever I put out.

Not sure I need a yard full of Chocolate and Vanilla Shrubs...maybe if I set up an ice cream-themed section...

jesslc41
08-09-18, 07:26 PM
Thank you! Unfortunately I didn't leave the game on purpose it shut down on me...oh well that's life I guess I shouldn't of been playing it at work. LoL �� But I was wondering How do you do a force save??
I know that in Castle Story visiting someone else's game forces your game to sync with the server - and I think this works for all S8 games. I find lower level players are better to visit for this because (in CS) visiting a really big kingdom will sometimes crash my game.

I couldn't buy an igloo until I leveled up to level 17, but it let me participate in the event when I was below level 17. That might not be your problem but I just thought I'd mention it, in case any lower level players are wondering about this.

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 07:31 PM

You can force save your game progress by visiting another farm, clicking on your newspaper or clicking Social/Community. See suggestions and tips in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1280824&viewfull=1#post1280824)

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 07:34 PM

Go to Market, click on Animal/Pets tab. Do make sure that you are playing on the latest regular game version.

Fairyreserve
08-09-18, 08:10 PM
Oh you have such great ideas! Love them! Who knows we may see Delora soon. :)

Just for you... here's a picture of Bernard climbing up the Fudge Fountain for some delicious fudge. :)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46526

Oh, that Bernard! He's such a precocious lite dude!

Fairyreserve
08-09-18, 08:20 PM
I really liked this event. I prefer this time of event than the collection event because it is easier to turn in collections since we get to start collecting all the items from day one, and we get to trade event items and we don?t have to give collection items in the Goals. Please do more of these types of collection events instead of rhe ones where a new item unlocks every day, or at least make all the items unlock st the same time.

The only thing i didn?t lkke about this event is some repeat prizes. I loved the two pets and also the penguin ice cream decoration!

I agree with all of the above. I do generally like the one unlocked item a day deal, but after this e entire like that alot better. The disadvantage is that nothing is stored in the collection thing, they're all stored in your barn. So now you have to engage in Burn management, which is always a challenge. But really that's one of the things that make this game a challenge is that you do have to manage your barn. This time it seemed relatively reasonable, I think that is because we got to help out others by buying and selling. That really is the key in my opinion. But everything Paul said above, I pretty much agree with. I did like the prizes, even the repeats, but I do think that some of the repeats got maybe two repetitive? Like how many ice cream Cottages do I really need? That said, great event. More helping out others please please please.

Just wanted to make a comment about this event type. I?ve always enjoyed playing games with people. Even as a kid, I came up with new rules for scrabble where you got extra points for helping someone. I enjoy this type of event. Being able to share my extra thingies and buy someone else?s whatsadoodles makes it feel more like a community. I started selling extras when I noticed how lopsided my collecting was. I even sold completed pops when I noticed I wouldn?t have time to make arrangements with all of them. I feel helpful, like when I volunteer at our local food pantry - not exactly the same, but it?s the ? here, I have it and I don?t mind giving it to you if you need it? type of kindness that I enjoy and try hard to instill in my children. Please make more events where can help one another. Ok that?s me getting off my soapbox.

This is probably my favorite comment of the entire thread. What a fantastic point of view and attitude! Really, when you get right down to it, this is a social game. So I do think that some of the elements that promote that social aspect only make it better. Great comment.

HelloUncertainty
08-09-18, 09:23 PM
Limit on igloos all are full have owl stuck in storage is there a way to sell one of my dogs?

Not sure if you know, but you can put one of your dogs in storage, so you can bring the snowy owl out on the igloo. Just click on the igloo and go to the animal carrier with the paw print on it, and from there you can decide who you want to put in storage. Hope that helps.

BacardiGirl28
08-10-18, 02:21 AM
Did anyone not receive their snowy owl? I did receive the pika.

Bobbar1
08-10-18, 05:11 AM
The event was very enjoyable and great to be able to buy items but the drop rate for the green straw was beyond rediculous if I did not find about 10 straws in the market I would never had completed and got the last 3 the day before

driver1711
08-10-18, 05:52 AM
When I tried to pull my owl out of cellar, it said I needed an icy igloo, I hit go and it took me directly to it in the market. I was hoping I could put it in a tree I already have......ok, that is a different topic. I hope this will help you find the igloo.
When I try that, the go comes up, but nothing happens when I click on it.I even deleted my game and reinstalled to no avail.

BacardiGirl28
08-10-18, 01:43 PM
For me the Owl doesn't even show up in the cellar. I do have an igloo, and the pika is in there. Do I need more than one igloo?

BailoDescalza
08-10-18, 06:17 PM
Has anyone upgraded the penguin ice cream truck? What happens to it if I do? In on lvl27

Rynetory2
08-10-18, 07:20 PM
Did anyone not receive their snowy owl? I did receive the pika.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Did you complete the "Feed The Penguin" goal before the event ended? You should receive the owl immediately upon goal completion. If you did, then restart your device and check your cellar.

Rynetory2
08-10-18, 07:24 PM
When I try that, the go comes up, but nothing happens when I click on it.I even deleted my game and reinstalled to no avail.

Strange that you don't have that option. I'm checking if someone is able to check your game.

Rynetory2
08-10-18, 07:26 PM
Has anyone upgraded the penguin ice cream truck? What happens to it if I do? In on lvl27

Welcome to the forum. :)

Are you able to upgrade your truck? Mine doesn't and you shouldn't. The event has ended and it becomes a decoration. Restart your device and see if that helps to clear this.

BacardiGirl28
08-10-18, 10:08 PM
Yes. I had 4 hours left on the clock. It showed up on the bottom of my screen that I won the owl. I've restarted my device and it still isn't showing up. I even bought a second igloo.

driver1711
08-11-18, 08:24 AM
Go to Market, click on Animal/Pets tab. Do make sure that you are playing on the latest regular game version.

Finally did a more thorough search and found my Igloo in the cellar. Guess I don't remember that event because it was buried pretty deep. Thanks for your help.

Rynetory2
08-11-18, 05:29 PM
Finally did a more thorough search and found my Igloo in the cellar. Guess I don't remember that event because it was buried pretty deep. Thanks for your help.

Glad you found it. Thanks for the update.

Rynetory2
08-11-18, 05:41 PM
Yes. I had 4 hours left on the clock. It showed up on the bottom of my screen that I won the owl. I've restarted my device and it still isn't showing up. I even bought a second igloo.

I think your game progress was not saved on Storm8 servers which was why the owl didn't get to your cellar. I won 2 event pets in the past but didn't get them because my game was not saved due to my connection. Since then, I took the following precautions:
- do important activity, like turning in collection for random prizes, only when I have strong reliable connection
- always do a force save after winning a prize and before I exit the game
- never leave the game running in the background

RoyalBlue305
08-14-18, 10:51 PM
Loved this event. I was actually able to complete it which was definitely a refreshing change of pace. I was able to get both the Pika and Owl but it took a lot of effort and required purchasing items from neighbors. Thank goodness we were allowed to buy and sell. No way could I have finished otherwise. Hats off to a fun yet challenging event.

Rynetory2
08-20-18, 12:28 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.