PDA

View Full Version : Exploiting DS for Leaderboards

Athabasca55
07-28-18, 10:43 AM
[removed description of exploit]

Players want an enjoyable experience, and a level playing field is one way of achieving that.

AnnirasSweets
07-28-18, 06:04 PM
Regardless, the bottom line is if people are benefiting in any way that is not freely available to all players then in my opinion it's a ***** and s8 should put an end to whatever loophole is being exploited. Especially when you consider that no matter how hard players work to meet all LB milestones we still have to use gold to finish.

AnnirasSweets
07-29-18, 01:17 PM
Surely he has to realize that he will be booted and his account closed because he posted that he knowingly *****ed? I know that over the years I've seen others get booted for suspected *****s/hacks and this video shows he didn't just stumble onto the loophole he intentionally exploited it for the express purpose of *****ing the actual winners.

I think that when the s8 team sees this thread on Monday, they'll remove it (they never allow any threads that talk of how to *****/hack the game) and boot the player in question which is only fair since he agreed to the terms of service which explicitly states they can and will close your game down with no warning if you violate the terms in any way.

I just can't understand how winning a single LB would be worth the risk of losing your game that you've built up for years...especially since he obviously spends money in-game, with those gold and food numbers. It really makes me wonder why he (or anyone) would do this - it's practically throwing away money to spend it on a game then intentionally violate the rules and flaunt it online knowing it will be seen.

Athabasca55
07-29-18, 01:25 PM
They might close the thread or boot it off, but it is in players’ interests to know that some folks can game the system unfairly. This particular incident is not S8’s fault, IMO. But they got gamed.

Athabasca55
07-29-18, 03:27 PM
I got my apples too. IMO, if you could see your status on the GLB then you were using the latest version, so if you missed getting a prize, it isn’t a version issue, it’s a glitch like ^^ksbmommy says.

CranberryMil
07-29-18, 03:48 PM
Nope, I got my apples. It’s plainly BAD CODING that some of you didn’t get your apples. When they changed the prizes, they missed something in the code for particular groupings. I finished 50-100 and my apples were there when the congratulation pop-up appeared. This is just a coding error - we’ve seen the same thing happen on WE where many of us never got our prizes automatically and they had to push them back out.

THERE IS A POP UP FOR GLOBAL?!?!?

ok, i dont receive global prizes since day one, im only getting the local leaderboard pop up

ksbmommy
07-29-18, 03:56 PM
THERE IS A POP UP FOR GLOBAL?!?!?

ok, i dont receive global prizes since day one, im only getting the local leaderboard pop up

I can’t remember exactly, I had a gazillion pop-ups when I opended the game on Saturday before the crack of dawn. I remember the LB pop-up but can’t remember if I saw a global one for sure. I know that something happened because I saw the apples change both times (for 3rd local and the global rank).

[S8] Elsa
08-03-18, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone, to keep the thread public, it required heavy editing.

Posting to acknowledge the report and that we will investigate and remedy the issue.

Edit: The investigation has been completed and the exploit has been resolved.