PDA

View Full Version : Rising Tide Leaderboard

kooky panda
07-23-18, 09:52 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/f/f9/Leaderboard_Spin_to_Win.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20160330011930 (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/f/f9/Leaderboard_Spin_to_Win.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160330011930)

Cove Dragon

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Tropic, Blue , Green

Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold[/URL]
Selling Price: 100 coins [URL="http://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Resources#Coins"] (http://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Resources#Gold)
Incubation: 19 hours
Exp Gained: 780

Prizes:

1st- Cove Dragon/ Gold Shell Trophy
2nd- Cove Dragon/Silver Shell Trophy
3rd- Bronze Shell Trophy/ 25,000 firapples/20 maps
4-6th- 35,000 coins/20,000 fireapples/10 maps
7-12th- 25,000 coins/15,000 fireapples
13-20th- 10,000 coins

Milestones

7200 points- Antique Dragon
6200 points- Hula Dragon
5500 points- Sunken Dragon
4800 points- varies
3800 points- varies
2800 points- Sea Dragon
1600 points- varies
1000 points- varies
500 points- 1500 fireapples
50 points- varies

cherrycastleorchard
07-24-18, 05:41 AM
Not worth playing when they put a global player in my group every time, on both my games. Wheel does not spin properly and main game drops out every few minutes.

cat_chick10
07-24-18, 01:20 PM
I find it disappointing that the first milestone was also just on Spin to Win.

lenasdinner
07-24-18, 03:44 PM
Wooooow this event is very popular....only 2 posts!

The1stCaretaker
07-24-18, 05:31 PM
No land, no bigger habitats, no organization of dragon types, no new crops, no nothing the players want/need. Just another stupid leader board

cherrycastleorchard
07-25-18, 12:02 AM
Not worth playing when they put a global player in my group every time, on both my games. Wheel does not spin properly and main game drops out every few minutes.

Global player is now number 4on the GL she just went from 32000 to over 50000 in minutes, what a joke. The only enjoyment in this watching people spend big money for little gain. You would think that I might get good points from spins, but no. I know have 12 useless aqua plates on one game and ten on the other. At least the stupid thing is spinning again.

ksbmommy
07-25-18, 04:22 AM
Not sure if anyone has noticed but the prizes for the Global LB have changed. For all the complaints we have, THANK YOU for making this part of the LB much better. It is actually worth the time, effort and (if any) gold spent working to get the milestones and naturally rank in the global portion. Thank you for hearing our feedback on how lousy some of the prizes were and definitely making it better.

I am bummed on the milestones, I had two of them but oh well. I’ll trade them for essence if I ever bring them out of storage. I really wish you would bring back some of the really old dragons instead of the more recent but it’s a prize for doing what I’d normally be doing so it is what it is.

DR0G0N
07-25-18, 10:00 AM
I find it disappointing that the first milestone was also just on Spin to Win.

It'll be my 3rd Sea dragon if I participate in the leaderboard. Won the Sea dragon twice in the Spin to Win, glad I didn't get it in the World Event or else it'll be my 4th one.

CranberryMil
07-25-18, 10:09 AM
aqua plates looks good ... but is a 1x1 decoration :/

Must exists a recipe to convert 4 1x1 plates for a 2x2 plate

bozotc19
07-25-18, 10:30 AM
Complete waste of time this event. All 3 milestone dragons are repeats that I already have. Impossible to finish final ms. I have no desire to play this game any more....and I have been a big fan in the past. What is point of artic dragons....they have no purpose any more...can’t even battle them. Gems , money dynamite....alll worthless.

Phoenix406
07-25-18, 01:06 PM
This LB has been going for 5 days, only 2 days left, and it says that only 10 people have even *viewed* this thread. That speaks volumes about the waning lack of interest in this game.

I, also, just got the Sea dragon on the spin to win. I also have a Sunken Dragon and a Hula Dragon. However, they are all on my older account. My newer account doesn't have any of them. Also, I find them all, especially Hula to be too adorable as babies, so I haven't grown them up. Now I can keep my babies on one account and level them up on my other account, so I'm not going to complain too much. I'm also looking forward to getting the Antique dragon.

cherrycastleorchard
07-26-18, 12:25 AM
Complete waste of time this event. All 3 milestone dragons are repeats that I already have. Impossible to finish final ms. I have no desire to play this game any more....and I have been a big fan in the past. What is point of artic dragons....they have no purpose any more...can?t even battle them. Gems , money dynamite....alll worthless.

What are they going to do with the artic isle now, I wonder if anyone even goes there anymore. I want the food I collected over time to be transferred to my other isle and not have it sitting there and not be able to use it, but I won?t hold my breath for that one. What a shame how low the game has sunk to.

AnnirasSweets
07-26-18, 06:26 AM
It's easy to see that many players are not only losing interest in the constant events, but in the LBs especially. Each time an LB is released, the posts are less and less and the few that are posted contain negative comments mostly on the absurdity of the event set up. I'm not a fan of the LBs, never have been but I do check in on the Global LB board frequently. I find this to be a good indicator of how the DS community is feeling about the event as a whole.

The first global LB, I was in the next to last grouping (pretty far down) but with each new LB I find myself climbing higher in the Global ranks though my event totals aren't improving nor am I changing my LB strategies and playing style. To me, this shows that after the initial flash wore off players (excluding those few super competitive top dogs) realized it wasn't worth the energy and gold to really go big and score super high. Obviously s8 has seen a drop in numbers seeing as how they've raised the prizes for each category and we all know that they wouldn't do something like that merely due to our asking for it. All in all, I'm hopeful that the waning participation and general lack of interest will get through to s8 and they will either lower event milestones or stop the LBs altogether.

AwesomeChefDad
07-26-18, 12:39 PM
Yeah this has been a dud for sure, my group has people using boosts and yet I doubt more than the top 3 will make it to the end. I am 4th and I am not going to SNIFF the final, maybe not even the second dragon. These numbers are so high its pathetic...why make such high numbers that the high high majority wont come close to making?

skyharbor602
07-26-18, 01:51 PM
I keep saying over and over again that these milestone numbers are for 10 or 11 day Leaderboards NOT 7 day. People are straight tired of the nickel and diming going on with these events to get what - extra pixels and weak dragons that get an ultra rare name slapped on them just because. These underhanded ruinings of the World Event and Leaderboards with outrageous numbers to purposely not give normal players an opportunity to win prizes without spending gold is worse than what they did with putting events on top of each other right before S8 laid off half the staff. You've already lost a bunch of players because of the actions I've stated and more. Why spend money on events that are designed to not be fair?
Storm8, you need to start paying attention to your players if you want to make profits.

CranberryMil
07-27-18, 11:03 AM
I keep farming grapes to get 7200 , i have my Antique and i believe that im 2nd in my leaderboard , soooo i get the Cove too

n__n

OTL i need more sleep time . This game is gonna **** me

rissah
07-27-18, 11:32 AM
I used all my apples to get the last points I needed to get the Antique Dragon. Now, they have a new tales up. Which I won't complete because you need to have apples when you start those and they give no rest in between events.

Sugarcat5
07-27-18, 12:09 PM
I used all my apples to get the last points I needed to get the Antique Dragon. Now, they have a new tales up. Which I won't complete because you need to have apples when you start those and they give no rest in between events.

Yup....me too:(
I'm really disappointed...it should have been world event instead. Don't Like leaderboard being sandwiched in between 2 storybook. No chance to build up food stores. How about some time between events S8!

Ellerslie6
07-27-18, 03:23 PM
Just finished the Leaderboard - Yet again NO AWARDS for (admittedly low) Global place. I really need that food for next event. Has anyone else ever received the promised Global Prize?

skyharbor602
07-27-18, 03:26 PM
Just finished the Leaderboard - Yet again NO AWARDS for (admittedly low) Global place. I really need that food for next event. Has anyone else ever received the promised Global Prize?

I don't think I got my global prize either and I don't think I've gotten a global prize since this abomination started even though I was supposed to have them.

Ellerslie6
07-27-18, 03:30 PM
I am thoroughly sick of Tropic Dragons. Nowhere to put them. I wish S8 Would give us more variety - Same Dragon type foe a month is SO BORING. And it’s weeks since I’ve been able to breed a dragon I haven’t got already. S8 - game is already so money hungry many are dropping out. Those of us persevering won’t stay either if boredom sets in. SAME OLD SAME OLD. Please surprise us and break the pattern - not only Dragon types but also events. More time in between and SOMETHING NEW - PLEASE

CranberryMil
07-27-18, 04:18 PM

not yet, i received the normal leaderboard, but i dont think that the prize for de global was THAT good , the Tales need 250k-280k food and i think that the global prize was in the 10k range

glenngenius
07-27-18, 04:31 PM

I think I finished twice placing in the last tier of the global leaderboard prize, and just like you, I didn't receive the prizes either.

glenngenius
07-27-18, 04:33 PM
I could've finished this event in first, to be honest. But since I'm not interested in the milestone prizes (except for the Sunken Dragon which I could've gotten but chose not to) as well the grand prize, I didn't bother spending gold at all.

By the way, I finished 3rd with 3098 points. Lol. Didn't even reach the 5th (?) Milestone I guess.

Phoenix406
07-27-18, 05:00 PM
I keep saying over and over again that these milestone numbers are for 10 or 11 day Leaderboards NOT 7 day. People are straight tired of the nickel and diming going on with these events to get what - extra pixels and weak dragons that get an ultra rare name slapped on them just because. These underhanded ruinings of the World Event and Leaderboards with outrageous numbers to purposely not give normal players an opportunity to win prizes without spending gold is worse than what they did with putting events on top of each other right before S8 laid off half the staff. You've already lost a bunch of players because of the actions I've stated and more. Why spend money on events that are designed to not be fair?
Storm8, you need to start paying attention to your players if you want to make profits.

For sure. I had to use daily boosts to get to the Antique dragon, and that was only on 1 account. My second account didn't even make it to the Hula Dragon, despite doing daily boosts, too (I usually do a boost first thing in the morning as most of my nests, dens, and evo temples tend to finish up overnight.

AnnirasSweets
07-27-18, 05:04 PM
not yet, i received the normal leaderboard, but i dont think that the prize for de global was THAT good , the Tales need 250k-280k food and i think that the global prize was in the 10k range

I'm keeping a very close eye on my supplies so that I can see if/when I actually receive the GLB prizes because I also think I usually don't receive them. Now that they've raised prizes in the GLB, I think it's important enough to pay attention and submit reports if we don't receive the them. Usually I don't even care as it's just a few maps and coins but now that food is in play it's a very serious matter, lol.

But for real, we need that food if we have any hopes of completing DT since most of us use apples to finish LBs. If they're going to be awful enough to purposely schedule food-heavy events back-to-back then they better give out the food prizes in a timely fashion so it doesn't hinder our progress in the DT, ya know?

chewingthecud
07-27-18, 06:01 PM
Hello I was ranked 500-750 but I have not got my global reward. I am counting on the 100000 food etc. Can this be looked at ASAP please?

ksbmommy
07-28-18, 02:41 AM
TWO top 10 players in my group, well that was fun (said no one ever)..........

Troyan7
07-28-18, 05:48 AM
Leaderboards are never fun.

random59
07-28-18, 11:11 AM
Didn’t get my leaderboard reward either, leaderboard has been removed from my game!

Found it funny that 3 players tied for 2nd, that surely must have been arranged by that trio, probably why we didn’t get our rewards.

Ellerslie6
07-28-18, 11:42 AM
Global Awards

Elsa stated on the Global Leaderboard Post that all awards have been paid out.
I have checked Elsa - DEFINITELY did NOT receive the 100,000 food or the maps or the essence. I paid particular attention as I didnt receive the prizes last time either. Would be pretty hard to miss an extra 100k food! Like others I spent money to get this result knowing I would need food for Sea Sages. Can you advise whether anything will be done please. I feel *****ed. Actually, having spent money To buy one of the dragons on offer so that I could finish its not just a feeling. I paid real money for a result I didnt get.
Obviously I wont EVER again buy gold or dragons if this is not resolved. Mmm - can almost taste those extra meals out I?ll be able to afford

I notice that there are now 3 strings of players stating that they received no global prizes so it’s not just me.

And while we’re on this topic of failure to receive promised benefits the tasks promising Free Gems rarely deliver either and ditto to the videos we watch.

oThanks for looking into this for

random59
07-28-18, 02:31 PM
MY GAME JUST DROPPED 18,000 in food, WHAT IS HAPPENING?

So instead of adding food through the global leaderbord, I have been robbed not once but twice!!!!

In law fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, to deprive a victim of a legal right!

Elsa, obviously by the amount of complaints, many of us have not received our awards. Some of us spent gold to secure positions, I know I did and the fact that I finished in the top 1000 an hour after the event finished and then was down graded to the next group 3 hours later, something is rotten with this leaderboard!

Then I lose 18000 food by going from device to another with no feeding of any dragon!

Ellerslie6
07-28-18, 04:34 PM
Not sure if anyone has noticed but the prizes for the Global LB have changed. For all the complaints we have, THANK YOU for making this part of the LB much better. It is actually worth the time, effort and (if any) gold spent working to get the milestones and naturally rank in the global portion. Thank you for hearing our feedback on how lousy some of the prizes were and definitely making it better.

I am bummed on the milestones, I had two of them but oh well. I?ll trade them for essence if I ever bring them out of storage. I really wish you would bring back some of the really old dragons instead of the more recent but it?s a prize for doing what I?d normally be doing so it is what it is.

I too was quite excited when global prizes became worth chasing - which is why I bought one of the sale dragons on offer to boost leadership points - 100,000 food (really needed) 10 Essence and 10 mystic maps.

HOWEVER - No point S8 offering prizes we all want only to take our money and gold and then fail to deliver them.This is a game breaker for me. I can only blame myself for being addicted to such a money hungry game - its my choice to continue or not - but I will NOT be *****ed. Its made worse when admin staff tell us weve all received our prizes.

They’ve not played the game if they truly believe we would fail to see 100k of food added!

I am interested to know ksbmommy whether you received the global prizes. I’ve read at least 25 posts from players who didn’t

Unless this is rectified I will never again buy gold which means no second DEN - and without the second den it is nigh impossible to complete events so This might be just what I need to break this habit and find a more enjoyable game

Phoenix406
07-28-18, 05:17 PM
I too was quite excited when global prizes became worth chasing - which is why I bought one of the sale dragons on offer to boost leadership points - 100,000 food (really needed) 10 Essence and 10 mystic maps.

HOWEVER - No point S8 offering prizes we all want only to take our money and gold and then fail to deliver them.This is a game breaker for me. I can only blame myself for being addicted to such a money hungry game - its my choice to continue or not - but I will NOT be *****ed. Its made worse when admin staff tell us weve all received our prizes.

They’ve not played the game if they truly believe we would fail to see 100k of food added!

I am interested to know ksbmommy whether you received the global prizes. I’ve read at least 25 posts from players who didn’t

Unless this is rectified I will never again buy gold which means no second DEN - and without the second den it is nigh impossible to complete events so This might be just what I need to break this habit and find a more enjoyable game
Exactly what I'm thinking. If they ***** us, I'm done.

AnnirasSweets
07-28-18, 06:13 PM
Add me to those that will walk away if they don't deliver. I'm trying to give them the benefit by reminding myself that they're not in office over the weekend but then I recall times where there was a glitch in our favor on a weekend yet miraculously someone was in the office to fix that right up and all my hopeful goodwill goes out the window.

They're meant to be running a business, but it seems as though they're only available for customer services part time. In my opinion, if they cannot be available to fix wide-spread, in-game bugs on certain days then they shouldn't have events begin or end on those certain days. There are nearly always glitches and issues on the first and last day of events so why have those days fall when no one is around to oversee the event? If I'm not mistaken, there's also a big bug in the DT where players can't move past a task that's not been fixed presumably due to the no work weekend. I can't think of any other business that would conduct themselves in such a way, and for good reason.

CranberryMil
07-28-18, 09:35 PM
They dont work in weekends , wait until Monday for a fix .

Use common sense.

1ch1ps
07-28-18, 10:24 PM
I?m still trying to figure out why in the cold land there?s food that?s worth 1000 when on the regular side 800 is best. And if you?re going to give us something where the biggest bonus comes from ultra, it would be nice to sort it that way...I?d love in the video a search so you can easily figure out if you have that dragon. I try to keep one of each and sell off the rest because space

ksbmommy
07-29-18, 04:25 AM

I finished in the top 100 and I did get my food prize (didn't check until Saturday as I've been busy). I didn't think to check on the essence to make sure but whatever, I think it was 10 or something too low to bother.

I really wish S8 would STOP ending major events on Fridays (looking at you WE, LB and DT) as there's always some sort of issue and weekend waits are not fair to the players.

And for feedback - S8 can you PLEASE put the top 20 - 50 players in their own groupings and let them fight it out next time. To have two top 10 players in my group is ridiculious, not bad luck but bad coding. I was leading the entire time but got stuck with them on prior LB's and I knew they'd make a play late. But to come from the bottom to over 40k in the last few hours seems just too fishy. And not one but TWO.

Other than that, thank you for more apples, I tried harder, probably spent more gold than I wanted but I have limits. Keeping up with the beige spenders will never happen for me.

Ellerslie6
07-29-18, 02:57 PM
They dont work in weekends , wait until Monday for a fix .

Use common sense.

I agree with player who stated if glitch fixes are not available at weekends then don?t start new events at weekends. common sense tells me that with another day to wait to be able to get credited with breeding task wont leave those of us that actually have another life with enough time to catch up. Remember we have to deliver 3 breeds - luck determines time span on these - Ive already bred 4 dragons that haven?t counted - one of these was a 25 hour penumbra. How on earth are those who dont t pay 100gold a week for a second den dealing with this. Forum suggests many are paying yet another 30gold to skip. Well not me. Im still reeling from S8 failure to deliver the 100000 gold promised in the Last leader board.
If I had more common sense Id leave the game immediately. Im certainly out of this particular Tales event.

Common sense is a wonderful attribute. Would you say that a business that completely ignores feedback from loyal customers has common sense?

ksbmommy
07-29-18, 03:40 PM
So it looks like there are multiple code bugs in the events right now......

1. Global LB prizes not being awarded. Looks like by Elsa’s earlier response, they were aware of the issue, programmer thought s/he fixed it but in reality it’s not fixed. Programmer most likely went home for the day/weekend thinking s/he resolved it but it’s still not working based on forum feedback. They won’t be back into the office until Monday PST so there are many people are upset having to wait (don’t blame them at all).

2. Then we find out on DT Day 2 (Saturday) that there is a bug in DT with our breeding counting for a task. This one is much more time critical because it impacts our progress and ability to move forward in tales (without spending gold). And it comes at a critical point because we can’t get the needed token to craft our dragon. Big problem, since this is a known step, no surprise new requirement. Again the community has to wait until Monday PST for a resolution.

This has been an extremely frustrating weekend for the S8 players. Please for the love of all that is good, please start listening to your players frustration and feedback. You have a great game, many people really like it but the recent amount of mistakes your developers are making is a bit over the top. Just slow it down and give us (and yourselves) the event break we’ve been begging for. Give us back the codex categories changes you made then took away, solve the Apple/food problem we’ve been complaining about for a while, bring back reasonably priced gold producers we have begged for. Many of us don’t need event after event to buy/use gold we need quality over quantity where we want to spend, not have to spend and we want a game that doesn’t have event bugs all the time.

Phoenix406
07-29-18, 08:31 PM
I agree with player who stated if glitch fixes are not available at weekends then don?t start new events at weekends. common sense tells me that with another day to wait to be able to get credited with breeding task wont leave those of us that actually have another life with enough time to catch up. Remember we have to deliver 3 breeds - luck determines time span on these - Ive already bred 4 dragons that haven?t counted - one of these was a 25 hour penumbra. How on earth are those who dont t pay 100gold a week for a second den dealing with this. Forum suggests many are paying yet another 30gold to skip. Well not me. Im still reeling from S8 failure to deliver the 100000 gold promised in the Last leader board.
If I had more common sense Id leave the game immediately. Im certainly out of this particular Tales event.

Common sense is a wonderful attribute. Would you say that a business that completely ignores feedback from loyal customers has common sense?

Ooh, Storm8 is going to need some burn cream when they come back on Monday, and I love it!

kooky panda
07-30-18, 10:25 AM
MY GAME JUST DROPPED 18,000 in food, WHAT IS HAPPENING?

So instead of adding food through the global leaderbord, I have been robbed not once but twice!!!!

In law fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, to deprive a victim of a legal right!

Elsa, obviously by the amount of complaints, many of us have not received our awards. Some of us spent gold to secure positions, I know I did and the fact that I finished in the top 1000 an hour after the event finished and then was down graded to the next group 3 hours later, something is rotten with this leaderboard!

Then I lose 18000 food by going from device to another with no feeding of any dragon!

Sorry guys, but I was not on the forum this weekend. I have reported this over .

See Bug thread:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105454-Not-getting-global-leaderboard-prizes

random59
07-30-18, 10:46 AM
Sorry guys, but I was not on the forum this weekend. I have reported this over .

Thanks Kooky panda

Sugarcat5
07-30-18, 11:58 AM

See Bug thread:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105454-Not-getting-global-leaderboard-prizes

You have nothing to be sorry about. You have a real life outside of the forum and are certainly allowed to have priorities in real life. S8 was aware of the problem before the weekend and should have ensured that it was rectified before they left the office on Friday.

I, and im sure many other players as well, very much appreciate all the time and effort you put into helping us resolve the seemingly never-ending issues lately that have been occurring in this game.

THANK YOU!!!