PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

AnnirasSweets
07-26-18, 06:47 AM
I was responding to someone else who was asking, mine was a statement, but I did wonder if Chinese whispers was at fault for Royal Lion being a walker or whether it’s been confirmed. Do we know yet?

It's all speculation at this point but my thought is that the LB Royal Lion will be a pet also and I'm hoping it'll drop something good like expansions. My reasoning for thinking it'll be a pet is because the last time when the prize was a walker it stated so very plainly (in CS speak) in the prize section. If my memory serves it said something like, "Get the highest score and win a new Citizen for your realm."

In reference to your post on joining up with LB members, I agree that when it's combined with a hunt it's all but impossible. In regular LBs, when I participated, I always tied with the other leaders of the group because I want as many players as possible to get the prize. When they throw a hunt into the mix, not even my generous spirit can be swayed to stop bashing monsters for gold coins so that a tie is possible. With hunts being unpredictable we've got to go for as many tokens as possible while we can since we have no idea when our next opportunity will arise. I think that's a big part of why they combine the events; that and so all the players who normally sit out LBs will be drawn in and drive up the competition. While I may not like this, I have to admit it is a pretty sound choice from a business point of view.
-------------------
In general hunt news, my Lion dropped a Lantern last collection and in general is comparable to my flyger and direwolf babies which I find to be a let down for a final prize. Also, those Armored Lions are as greedy as those Elves have been known to be. I just placed my third and my gold nuggets are all but gone so now I've got to check my inventory and drag out anything and everything that drops them. I really should have thought this out more and waited to craft the others but I was just following my mental crafting list and didn't stop to consider my inventory. Rookie move!

riverly
07-26-18, 07:15 AM
When we buy the Portal, do we have to put another 20 gold tokens into it before it starts dropping energy?

AuntGma
07-26-18, 07:26 AM
When we buy the Portal, do we have to put another 20 gold tokens into it before it starts dropping energy?

No. Energy (4) will drop 5 hours after you place the Wizard Portal and every 5 hours thereafter. More gold token are required to upgrade later. It's going to be a long process.

riverly
07-26-18, 07:36 AM
No. Energy (4) will drop 5 hours after you place the Wizard Portal and every 5 hours thereafter. More gold token are required to upgrade later. It's going to be a long process.Ok Thanks. I'm considering it. Later. All I know right now I'll never have to craft another earth wisp.lol. I really want to see something that drops expansion permits more often. Especially if those Explorers Permit are permanent. Dream on.

riverly
07-26-18, 07:40 AM
No. Energy (4) will drop 5 hours after you place the Wizard Portal and every 5 hours thereafter. More gold token are required to upgrade later. It's going to be a long process.Wait a sec. So we put another 20 gold tokens into it to get the same 4 energy? Unless I'm reading it wrong. I'll go back and take another look.

HuckleTown
07-26-18, 07:43 AM
So no Wednesday Warrior for an event when it could actually be useful.

katbtodd
07-26-18, 07:59 AM
Ok Thanks. I'm considering it. Later. All I know right now I'll never have to craft another earth wisp.lol. I really want to see something that drops expansion permits more often. Especially if those Explorers Permit are permanent. Dream on.

My explorer permit is gone when I freed Sabrina from her shackles

riverly
07-26-18, 08:10 AM
My explorer permit is gone when I freed Sabrina from her shacklesThat is good to hear!

PrincessCupOButter
07-26-18, 08:37 AM
Hmmm... you got me thinking; I'm wondering the same thing. And I'm close to being able to get one or the other. The armored direwolf is 85 gold (and 75 mithril, which can take a while to build back up for that 2nd direwolf). 2 direwolf would be 170 gold; they drop 20, 40, or 60 energy every 5 days for a daily energy average return of 4,8 or 12 energy. For 2 direwolves that would net 8, 16 or 24 average daily energy. A level 5 portal cost 175 gold (and other resources, but nothing that is too difficult - 5 more gold than the 2 direwolves) and gives 8 energy every 5 hours. If you collect 3 times daily that is 24 energy daily (4 collections daily would be 32 energy).
In doing the math (if my math and thinking is correct) the portal actually nets more average daily energy. I'm guessing the direwolf wouldn't drop 60 energy that often. Personally, I prefer energy daily vs more energy every 5 days.
I'm guessing, but we don't know for sure, that you can level up the portal between monster hunts if you get enough gold tokens from your beastbane display and unicorns.
Can anyone confirm my math and thinking?

I admit math is not my strong suit and I never do it unless I absolutely have to. ;) But I wanted to include collection cost into the net energy return. It may not make much difference, but 3 collections from a level 5 portal would net 21 energy per day, and if two armored dire wolves dropped 60 energy the net would be 23 energy daily (technically 23.6 if my math is right. Lol). The difference is negligible, and the chance of 2 60 energy drops is highly unlikely, so the portal could still be better overall. I just feel like the amount of gold tokens needed to reach level 5 is very discouraging. It will take quite a few hunts to reach that level.

jesslc41
07-26-18, 08:55 AM
Got my first unicorn - yay! My MRC has finally been used. Now to see if I can get enough gold in the rest of the hunt for a second one. Should be achievable if I can keep up my current efforts (about 5 gold per day). That rate is probably nothing to some on here, but I'm alright with it. :)

dipwid
07-26-18, 09:08 AM
Anyone else having problems with the deliveries not resetting? All 3 of mine say coming soon and it's been a couple of days. I can't compete on the leaderboard or make progress.

cheers196
07-26-18, 09:15 AM

It comes built and drops 4 energys every 5 hours. To upgrade to the next level, it requires 20 more gold tokens and the drop changes to 5 energys.

It looks like you can craft more than one. The craft remains in the wagon after I made my first one. Is the limit two for resource building?

mistycarrie
07-26-18, 09:16 AM
Got my first unicorn - yay! My MRC has finally been used. Now to see if I can get enough gold in the rest of the hunt for a second one. Should be achievable if I can keep up my current efforts (about 5 gold per day). That rate is probably nothing to some on here, but I'm alright with it. :)

I?m the same but went for the armoured alicorn first - working on a unicorn as we speak - the rest of the kingdom is in complete disarray :)

riverly
07-26-18, 09:30 AM

It comes built and drops 4 energys every 5 hours. To upgrade to the next level, it requires 20 more gold tokens and the drop changes to 5 energys.

It looks like you can craft more than one. The craft remains in the wagon after I made my first one. Is the limit two for resource building?It was posted earlier that limit is 2. I'm considering it. Probably next hunt tho.
I probably didn't need that 2nd dire wolf. Oh well.

SirSwift
07-26-18, 09:40 AM
I've been playing CS for a short period of time now... and though I can't remember when I started, for most of you who post out on this forum, I suspect if I say, "this is my third monster hunt" that will give a good indication of the amount of time I've been playing. My first monster hunt I had no idea what I was doing and I wasn't privy to this forum either, so you can imagine I wasn't very effective. By my second monster hunt I had started reading and researching on what some of the items were and why they might be important, specifically what in the world Lorelei's Fountain did and how to get it. Now I'm upon my third monster hunt and, with a number of other events under my belt, I'm really starting to shape what I think my priorities are and how best, in the post Love Shack era, to go about achieving them. I don't have an MRC yet so that's a focus for me right now. In the meantime I'm getting the sense that having the Beastbane Display would be useful no matter what, but the 400 gem price tag seems a bit steep and unfortunately I missed out on the chance for a 75 gem discount on the Beastbane Display in an associated goal I let expire some time ago (probably while I was trudging forth blindly during my first monster hunt). While I believe in supporting a SW development company that provides a product that I get a decent amount of entertainment out of, I do not believe in making an excessive amount of in app purchases (of gems or otherwise), especially in a game that (let's be honest here) robs you of gems unexpectedly through a strategically designed UI. So my question is a simple one...

Since I'm on a tight gem budget, is there any possibility that the Beastbane will go on sale or at this point in my game is 400 gems the best deal I can likely expect to get?

I appreciate all the feedback and experience everyone shares on this site! Thank you.

Bybrr
07-26-18, 09:55 AM
Did anyone else notice that the card for the third place prize has a contradiction? On the front side it says 10 trade tickets and on the back it says 15. SpiritWind, can you get the Devs to verify? I took pictures but uploads fail when I try.

riverly
07-26-18, 10:02 AM
Anyone else having problems with the deliveries not resetting? All 3 of mine say coming soon and it's been a couple of days. I can't compete on the leaderboard or make progress.I think I would contact support. Also I would take screenshots of inventory of the lion shields, helms, and swords.

riverly
07-26-18, 10:07 AM
I've been playing CS for a short period of time now... and though I can't remember when I started, for most of you who post out on this forum, I suspect if I say, "this is my third monster hunt" that will give a good indication of the amount of time I've been playing. My first monster hunt I had no idea what I was doing and I wasn't privy to this forum either, so you can imagine I wasn't very effective. By my second monster hunt I had started reading and researching on what some of the items were and why they might be important, specifically what in the world Lorelei's Fountain did and how to get it. Now I'm upon my third monster hunt and, with a number of other events under my belt, I'm really starting to shape what I think my priorities are and how best, in the post Love Shack era, to go about achieving them. I don't have an MRC yet so that's a focus for me right now. In the meantime I'm getting the sense that having the Beastbane Display would be useful no matter what, but the 400 gem price tag seems a bit steep and unfortunately I missed out on the chance for a 75 gem discount on the Beastbane Display in an associated goal I let expire some time ago (probably while I was trudging forth blindly during my first monster hunt). While I believe in supporting a SW development company that provides a product that I get a decent amount of entertainment out of, I do not believe in making an excessive amount of in app purchases (of gems or otherwise), especially in a game that (let's be honest here) robs you of gems unexpectedly through a strategically designed UI. So my question is a simple one...

Since I'm on a tight gem budget, is there any possibility that the Beastbane will go on sale or at this point in my game is 400 gems the best deal I can likely expect to get?

I appreciate all the feedback and experience everyone shares on this site! Thank you.Sometimes there are sales on Black Friday, but they are hard to predict. Beastbane is a good thing to have IMO. My rule of thumb is buy gems on sale and then spend fairly quickly so you don't lose too many in gem traps.

SirSwift
07-26-18, 10:16 AM
Sometimes there are sales on Black Friday, but they are hard to predict. Beastbane is a good thing to have IMO. My rule of thumb is buy gems on sale and then spend fairly quickly so you don't lose too many in gem traps.

A good rule to live by (did you happen to post that earlier because I swear I read that before?) and that was exactly what I was going to do when two things happened...

I hit a gem trap that cost me 24 gems and put me under the total needed to make the planned purchase
When I collected more to get just enough to make the purchase I started second guessing myself, "What if it goes on sale next week?!?"

Now I'm spinning around and around... "should I go or should I wait?" "should I go or should I wait?" "should I go or should I wait?" "aaahhhhhhhhh!" :(

neska04
07-26-18, 10:19 AM
Do we know if the ability to craft the portal will stay in the trade wagon after the hunt finishes?

suzishine
07-26-18, 10:22 AM
Are you relatively new low-level player with 40 energy every two hours, like me? The people zooming along have armies of alicorns and other energy-dropping pets that allow them to accumulate 900, 1000 or 1500 energy. Whereas I with my 40 often cannot finish a purple golem in one sitting - even with frequent critical hits of 2 and 3 points I will still need 30+ energy.

The problem for us with events is that we have to stop "playing" anything else in our kingdom and use all of our energy for the event. Because I am a compulsive clicker, I have to store everything to keep from using it: kitchen, workshop, library, marketplace, character houses - they all must be banked if I want to reach the goal - in this case, the lion pet at 1750 points. (not the leaderboard prize walker.)

I did buy the Beastbane at my first monster hunt. It has a little time-limited "quest" that gives a gem reward if you buy it - basically a rebate. Full prices was 400, then I got like 25-75 (can't remember) afterwards. It drops gold uncommonly - in the three months I have somewhere between 30 and 40 gold tokens.

Best wishes.

Wow. Seriously, it gives gold troll tokens even when it is not a monster hunt event? 😊 ... would one get gems back if there isn?t a ?goal? in my storybook? ... hmm...

I have lorelais fountain, and I will not buy the amulet... so only have now around 17 gold troll tokens (from this event ... think I had 10 from before..) haven?t get to play much ... holiday vacation in Malaga! 🍃🌸🍃☀️💕🦋🎶

But as you, only have 40 energy a day (give or take ) will not try to compeate! I h*** leaderboards so I am currently happy with beeing on 16th place!

cheers196
07-26-18, 10:22 AM
SpiritWind, would you ask S8 if the LB lion with the crown is a walker? If not, what the possible drops are?

SgtBeebo
07-26-18, 10:36 AM
SpiritWind, would you ask S8 if the LB lion with the crown is a walker? If not, what the possible drops are?

The Royal Lion is a pet, not a citizen. He has the chance to drop expansion supplies.

Glimmerless
07-26-18, 10:55 AM
My Spring Steed spawned Purple Glimmer Troll. I guess it's a horse, so it applies. Does Sir Daisy still not spawn one for Monster Hunts?

And Aquanther stopped giving tokens when he was giving tokens before. I really can't keep up with this. Are these bugs? Which is the correct one? If they're not bugs and being changed in the middle of the event, how can I know which monsters are part of the Monster Hunt?

Edit: Since I don't have an answer, I will assume it's intentional. Bugs are often addressed and my concerns don't seem to be problem. From now on, I'll stick to getting Tokens from Trolls and Boars to be safe because I don't know which monsters this Monster Hunt can be applied to.

Edit: According to the Monster Hunt thread, Aquanthers ARE supposed to drop tokens. Looks like there was something wrong with my game but I wasn't sure, and Staff didn't help me either. I'll know in the future so I won't be gypped of tokens and Energy.

SirSwift
07-26-18, 11:09 AM
My Spring Steed spawned Purple Glimmer Troll. I guess it's a horse, so it applies. Does Sir Daisy still not spawn one for Monster Hunts?

And Aquanther stopped giving tokens when he was giving tokens before. I really can't keep up with this. Are these bugs? Which is the correct one? If they're not bugs and being changed in the middle of the event, how can I know which monsters are part of the Monster Hunt?

Sir Daisy spawns a Purple Glimmer Troll for me...

Glimmerless
07-26-18, 11:26 AM
Sir Daisy spawns a Purple Glimmer Troll for me...

OK, thanks for letting me know! I didn't have him at the time, but I remember players mentioning he didn't spawn anything during previous Monster Hunts. I'll have him as a spawning option then.

topmom952
07-26-18, 11:35 AM
A good rule to live by (did you happen to post that earlier because I swear I read that before?) and that was exactly what I was going to do when two things happened...

I hit a gem trap that cost me 24 gems and put me under the total needed to make the planned purchase
When I collected more to get just enough to make the purchase I started second guessing myself, "What if it goes on sale next week?!?"

Now I'm spinning around and around... "should I go or should I wait?" "should I go or should I wait?" "should I go or should I wait?" "aaahhhhhhhhh!" :(
I bought it for the 400 and have never regretted it. IMO I wouldn't wait. I also got a lot of gems by using the free gem button on the top right. Took a while and had to play a lot of bad games, but I thought it was worth it.

bobbyrae
07-26-18, 11:44 AM
Did anyone else notice that the card for the third place prize has a contradiction? On the front side it says 10 trade tickets and on the back it says 15. SpiritWind, can you get the Devs to verify? I took pictures but uploads fail when I try.

Yes.

sunnygirl634
07-26-18, 12:08 PM
Not sure if anyone has reported this, but my Armored Lion just dropped 3 Trade Tickets. Not as good as an expansion permit, but I'll take it!

SgtBeebo
07-26-18, 12:21 PM

Looking into this now.

theone2001
07-26-18, 01:14 PM
Help me decide what to craft next:

Cabbage hut (I don’t have one)
Unicorn (have 1 currently)
Armored Alicorn (have 3 currently)
Armored Flyger (have 1 currently. Have only gotten one expansion permit since placing it)
Armored Direwolf (had been saving for this but now wonder if it is worth it)
Armored Lion (new)

Decided not to get wizard portal because it requires to many gold tokens to level up.

The wizards portal will need 175 (if my math is correct) gold tokens to reach level 5. Check first page with level info plus initial cost.

Thanks for your help!

janddolphins
07-26-18, 01:29 PM
Deleting original post regarding hitting gems accidentally. I decided it was an accident meant to happen so I will keep them and they should last until cyber Monday so I’m set!

There should be a way around accidently spending on that glitch. If it freezes it’s only natural to hit home key to get out and in, but apparently the home key is also a confirmation for purchases. I’m sure others have had this happen. I just feel generous tonight so the game can keep the $35 this time and I get my gems. The only negative is I don’t think they were on sale so got a lot less gems for my money. Don’t feel like arguing it and I actually really need them. Should hold me out until cyber Monday now! In that case I will say who I am making the purchase in honor of as that was the original plan with a gift card.

I’m not sure if this site is now connected to the game or not as I see some with staff under not just mod. Not sure if they are staff of forum or staff of S8, as is suggested under their name I never did get a reply, but first larger purchase after a long strike is in honor of SgtBeebo, someone I don’t know well but who was kind and helpful when I needed and went out of the way to put a smile on my face and not feel defeated by the game when personal issues were affecting my play. Thanks for helping me then and I’m sure helping me and others all the time behind the scene! Thanks again :)

CharmOfLea
07-26-18, 01:44 PM
Urgent help

Please feel free once a staff member sees this however I know this is the thread everyone reads. I accidentally clicked to buy gems on say, 1200 for $34.99. I closed out so I would not confirm and I came back in and it took my money anyway. Can a staff member help or can someone lead me to a staff member? Odd part is I planned on using something. I choose to use gift cards and not let gems sit waiting for traps, and I can buy what I want at the specific time. And these gems were going to be in honor of a staff member I wanted to recognize

Go all the way down on this page, to Contact us. Then on top right to Submit a request. Support can help.

DeeDeeBird70
07-26-18, 02:11 PM
Anyone else having problems with the deliveries not resetting? All 3 of mine say coming soon and it's been a couple of days. I can't compete on the leaderboard or make progress.

My helm and sword trades have not reset, shield still works.

venatemp
07-26-18, 02:30 PM
What is fake level 50? thanks
You cannot, but if you are of the same level and start the LB on the same time you might have a chance, very tiny though!

Level 50 team might get very unballanced as some are fake Level 50, I have 1.2mio XP on my u-goal realm, whereas my queendom has 260k or so. Booth have totally different economies and game play, making the LB totally uneven.

jbfps116
07-26-18, 03:22 PM

level 50 is the max "level" but you can still accumulate xp forever. so some level 50 people just made it and some are way way beyond that

ShibuyaCloth
07-26-18, 04:26 PM

Read this:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79367-Nugget-7-Levels-amp-Experience

bumbleebeeville
07-26-18, 04:35 PM

Cabbage hut (I don’t have one)
Armored Flyger (have 1 currently. Have only gotten one expansion permit since placing it)
Armored Lion (new)

Decided not to get wizard portal because it requires to many gold tokens to level up.

The wizards portal will need 175 (if my math is correct) gold tokens to reach level 5. Check first page with level info plus initial cost.

Thanks for your help!
I am basically in the same position as you although I have two unicorns and two armored alicorn. I am getting the cabbage hut because sometimes Alicorns or very useful stuff comes along and I want to start collecting those rotten cabbages :)

HuckleTown
07-26-18, 05:38 PM
Not sure if anyone has reported this, but my Armored Lion just dropped 3 Trade Tickets. Not as good as an expansion permit, but I'll take it!

Oh man... now do I get an armored lion before my fourth unicorn?

The hard part of the decision is the 50 sword tokens needed. That is 2 gold tokens, and those are so hard to come by.

theone2001
07-26-18, 06:08 PM
I am basically in the same position as you although I have two unicorns and two armored alicorn. I am getting the cabbage hut because sometimes Alicorns or very useful stuff comes along and I want to start collecting those rotten cabbages :)

Thx for your input. I never really paid attention to barons tent before because I did not see it as being doable without cabbage hut.

hackenbush74
07-26-18, 07:05 PM
My lion decoration disappeared. I contacted support and they fixed it within an hour. Nice job S8!

Still_waters
07-26-18, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know what this does and is it worth having?

SpiritWind00
07-26-18, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know what this does and is it worth having?
Hi, I've merged your question to this thread. There is info on page 1 about this. It's basically another source of energy. I've pieced together what has been posted about it in the Inventory post on page 1 of this thread. :)

CharmOfLea
07-26-18, 08:20 PM

Cabbage hut (I don?t have one)
Armored Lion (new)

Thanks for your help!

The cabbage hut. All of the rest you can get as time goes, they will stay in the MRC. But in the tent the alicorns, if and when offered, stay just for a month, so your chance for extra energy sources will pass. Same is true for pretty things, in case you like these, they are offered in the tent for limited time as well.

Bybrr
07-26-18, 08:39 PM
Looking into this now.

I see it's fixed now, thank you! I'm glad it's 15 tickets for third.

PurpleScorpion76
07-26-18, 10:58 PM
Rock Golem - ??? (I never get these in my realm for some reason)

I think i got one once and was so surprised I blurred it from my memory, I still don?t truly know what happened or why.

jesslc41
07-26-18, 11:36 PM

I appreciate all the feedback and experience everyone shares on this site! Thank you.
I've been playing for about a year and I'm pretty sure the beastbane has not gone on sale at all during this time, unless you count the rebate offer in my first monster hunt. I don't think it was on sale last black friday. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have to buy it at full price (3/4 of the way there now). Still I think it will be worth it. If you're very good at avoiding gem traps you could try to hold out to black friday and see what's on offer, but I'd probably just buy it and not risk losing my gems to a trap (I must have lost at least 40 spread over several gem traps (maybe more), while saving up the 300 gems I have now).

PurpleScorpion76
07-26-18, 11:54 PM
Lol!! That crab could eat that lion for lunch! I know we have been complaining about the footprint of things but that lion is rediculous!

Either the Lion came from Lilliput or the Crab came from The Land of the Giants.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-18, 12:00 AM
I am also debating if I should go for the portal or not. It requires lots of gold tokes but isn?t it better energy return to have the level 5 portal than having 2 of armored direwolf? Or am I wrong? Math people, please tell me!

What we could really do with is someone fabulous like ?Shibuya? ?cough? to do a table of the energy return of an item, compared with the energy required to get it, and the long term energy return and when it starts paying off. In order of the most energy efficient down to those not so much. ?Cough? ?cough?

Addition: I think the Lucky Workshop is underrated. I regularly use this and regularly prepare enough lucky clover before Thursday’s. I regularly get energy and sometimes trade gold tokens. I find it’s not as energy exhaustive because the glimmerdust usually comes from other sources rather than my glimmerdust troves, and the same with the other ingredient I can’t remember, the only thing I purposefully do is grow the clover.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-18, 12:12 AM
lol, i saw the "?" and answer....:confused: to hot here...:rolleyes:

Yep right there with you, the UK is basking in heat, walking the dogs in the morning is enough exercise for me. I see what you mean. I really wish punctuation wasn?t altered by the forum algorithms.

Chaotarch
07-27-18, 12:37 AM
Q for S8:

you cant see a Level of the Wizard Portal after upgrading, why?

EsmeW2
07-27-18, 04:42 AM
I love my new lion. I don't care if he only drops wisps and fur, he's going to be a keeper on my board.

And for anyone who already has the MRC, Cabbage Hut and fountain and is wondering how best to spend their gold troll tokens I'd say that for this event my herd of 15 daily alicorns/unicornshas been a MASSVE advantage. I've had three unexpected 100 energy drops from them since the event started (200 today) and that has really helped in the chase after gold coins - and it got me to the lion much more quickly than I'd ever have expected!

On my other game where I've only got a couple it's all going much more slowly.

Loving Castle Story at the moment, no moaning today!

HuckleTown
07-27-18, 06:04 AM
I just realized that if I craft the lion, the next event will require GOLD NUGGETS. LOL, that's how the S8 minds work lmao

ashley224
07-27-18, 06:44 AM
I just realized that if I craft the lion, the next event will require GOLD NUGGETS. LOL, that's how the S8 minds work lmao

Yes, it’s important to have a good stash of gold nuggets above and beyond the 30 required for the lion. Not only to ensure you have enough for whatever comes next but also because the more you have in inventory the higher the drop rate.

VersaceMorrow
07-27-18, 07:24 AM
Yes, it’s important to have a good stash of gold nuggets above and beyond the 30 required for the lion. Not only to ensure you have enough for whatever comes next but also because the more you have in inventory the higher the drop rate.

My gold mines have an apple bias no matter what is in my inventory.... my nuggets always stay around 30 because of the gem trade and apples frequently max out. Which is why I chose the Wizard Portal when I got to 99 gold tokens instead of starting on the lions.

swstar
07-27-18, 07:26 AM
Do we know if the ability to craft the portal will stay in the trade wagon after the hunt finishes?

Yes this, it helps me decide when to get what.

VersaceMorrow
07-27-18, 07:29 AM
The armored flygers are the least generous when it comes to expansion permits. The white flygers and regular direwolfs have much better drop rates for permits.

I'm wondering if they are more generous, or if it's just a matter of a shorter timer. Either way chances are better, but I find the white flyger much better than the direwolf

iona2012
07-27-18, 07:32 AM
The Royal Lion is a pet, not a citizen. He has the chance to drop expansion supplies.

By "expansion supplies" do you mean expansion permits or trade tickets?

SirSwift
07-27-18, 08:27 AM
I've been playing for about a year and I'm pretty sure the beastbane has not gone on sale at all during this time, unless you count the rebate offer in my first monster hunt. I don't think it was on sale last black friday. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have to buy it at full price (3/4 of the way there now). Still I think it will be worth it. If you're very good at avoiding gem traps you could try to hold out to black friday and see what's on offer, but I'd probably just buy it and not risk losing my gems to a trap (I must have lost at least 40 spread over several gem traps (maybe more), while saving up the 300 gems I have now).

"If you're very good at avoiding gem traps..." Ha ha ha!! I am most definitely NOT! I'm keeping a log, starting with this month, with the intent of using the data to further raising awareness (as if people haven't discussed it enough) and besiege S8 to update their code with some sort of confirmation sequence. In the month of July alone (keep in mind the month is not over yet) I've already lost 50 gems...

As such I bit the bullet last night, while I could, and am now the proud owner of a Beastbane Display... which probably means it will go on sale tomorrow so get your gems ready!!

PrincessCelestian
07-27-18, 08:42 AM
I am really kinda surprised at all the hate that the wizard?s portal is getting. Let?s just say on the low end of it dropping 4 energy every 5 hours and you collect from it 3 times a day. That?s 12 energy a day on the low end. In 7 days that would be 84 energy. That is more than what 2 weekly alicorns would give you in a week at a cost of 1200 gems. On the high end of what we know right now if you collected 4 times from a level 5 portal that would give you 32 energy a day. Over the course of a week that would be 224 energy or more than what 5 weekly Alis would give at a cost of 3000 gems. Yes it costs a lot to upgrade but that?s why. I am really unsure what more S8 could give us.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-18, 09:19 AM
I am really kinda surprised at all the hate that the wizard?s portal is getting. Let?s just say on the low end of it dropping 4 energy every 5 hours and you collect from it 3 times a day. That?s 12 energy a day on the low end. In 7 days that would be 84 energy. That is more than what 2 weekly alicorns would give you in a week at a cost of 1200 gems. On the high end of what we know right now if you collected 4 times from a level 5 portal that would give you 32 energy a day. Over the course of a week that would be 224 energy or more than what 5 weekly Alis would give at a cost of 3000 gems. Yes it costs a lot to upgrade but that?s why. I am really unsure what more S8 could give us.

I did think it would be better than what was being mentioned once you did the mathematics, not that I’ve been able to work it out due to time constraints, it was purely down to the materials needed suggested there was a lot more to it. Plus I think a lot of people have compared it to the wizard school and comparing like for like. If it was an Ali they’d be comparing to daily and weekly ones. This is the first time the WS can be compared to something.

jesslc41
07-27-18, 09:24 AM
"If you're very good at avoiding gem traps..." Ha ha ha!! I am most definitely NOT! I'm keeping a log, starting with this month, with the intent of using the data to further raising awareness (as if people haven't discussed it enough) and besiege S8 to update their code with some sort of confirmation sequence. In the month of July alone (keep in mind the month is not over yet) I've already lost 50 gems...

As such I bit the bullet last night, while I could, and am now the proud owner of a Beastbane Display... which probably means it will go on sale tomorrow so get your gems ready!!
Haha... Well if it does go on sale, I will be super grateful to you... And at least you've used your gems rather than losing them to a trap. :)

GiselleX16
07-27-18, 10:17 AM
Just got an expansion permit from a white Flyger (reels in shock). I did once get an alicorn from an ad but I only occasionally watch them. It was last year I think. I also just got a Mithral and an earth wisp from my Armored Flyger. The mermaid fountain started me off with a gold token then nothing but loose change.

So the Cabbage Hut gives....cabbages? I haven?t looked into it before but might be interested because I do like the pretty - especially all cats, horses, and dragons. Not so much trolls :). Is that a daily drop? Weekly? Random? Thx!

CharmOfLea
07-27-18, 11:52 AM
Just sync and match it with the Wiz Schools!

suzishine
07-27-18, 12:15 PM
I am really sad that I?m all the mystery chests I only got points! Points! I am not compeating! .... that is just ridiculous... not ONE of them gave something else - only points .... :(

Sorry.. just had to complain....

Am I missing something btw, crafting a lion ??

hoplatralala
07-27-18, 12:54 PM

Nice thinking...just remember it costs you 3 energy a day, is 21 energy in a week....etc and nice to read positivity! I love the new stuff.

mantha_501
07-27-18, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one struggling to get golden nuggets? I have 17 but havnt got any since the mh started, not from rocks, not from my mines... nothing. Don?t think I?ll be getting the lion at this rate :(

jkc619
07-27-18, 01:55 PM
So now I have another problem-I just got the explorer's permit to go save Sabrina and I know that I will need 150 hits to defeat Epelus-what do I do? Save it for after the monster hunt and use my energy on more monsters? That is what I really should do, but I am so impatient to get to Sabrina! lol. What a problem-all of life's problems should be so hard :)

imdunroamin
07-27-18, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if there was a weekday/weekend warrior? Hoping I didn't miss it.

CharmOfLea
07-27-18, 02:55 PM
Nice thinking...just remember it costs you 3 energy a day, is 21 energy in a week....etc and nice to read positivity! I love the new stuff.

Huh? U not like Wiz Schools?

bobbyrae
07-27-18, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know if there was a weekday/weekend warrior? Hoping I didn't miss it.

Nothing yet. Still hoping for one

imdunroamin
07-27-18, 03:03 PM
Nothing yet. Still hoping for one

Whew! Thanks!

MoonVillage3
07-27-18, 03:15 PM
Just got an expansion permit from a white Flyger (reels in shock). I did once get an alicorn from an ad but I only occasionally watch them. It was last year I think. I also just got a Mithral and an earth wisp from my Armored Flyger. The mermaid fountain started me off with a gold token then nothing but loose change.

So the Cabbage Hut gives....cabbages? I haven?t looked into it before but might be interested because I do like the pretty - especially all cats, horses, and dragons. Not so much trolls :). Is that a daily drop? Weekly? Random? Thx!

Cabbage Hut drops 1 Rotten Cabbage daily and we're allowed to have 2 huts. Obtaining it you acquire the possibility of accumulating the cabbages you collect for use in the Baron's Tent when you wish.

Lavenderdale
07-27-18, 03:29 PM

You didn't miss it, they haven't done one during an event in a while. (2-3 weeks?) Instead they started it about 16 hours before a new event, and ended an hour before the new event. Don't know what the future of it will be.

Having it during an event was nice but never really became official. Someone noticed a week or 2 ago that an event gem bundle included 20 minutes of energy and speculated it was meant to provide the WW experience. Which isn't a bad idea - wouldn't have to deal with the baron's nonsense, lol.

I found the weekly warrior very encouraging as a new player during events, powering through quest material, blossoms, mermaids, whatever. It gave us a chance to really get ahead of our paltry 40 energy, reducing frustrations in our non-alicorn lives.

However, it slightly unbalanced the game because we with lower requirements could finish sooner, needing only 16 trips to Ivy instead of 20, perhaps. High levels got mad. To make things "even" they would need to require the same quantity of bottleneck (Ivy, etc) as the others.

Without an event WW was kinda perplexing for me. Yeah it's good to top off stores, but due to recharge times I found myself running out of things to do, lol.

Lavenderdale
07-27-18, 03:46 PM
SpiritWind0, a friend bought the MRC. Didn't recognize that the wagon would be locked up for for 16 hours while "making" it. >.<

The bronze, silver token trades are impossible during this time, so maxed out coins will be wasted.

I'm adding a "warning" about this in my guide.

jbfps116
07-27-18, 04:00 PM
wow i may easily get enough gold tokens this hunt to craft the portal and get the first upgrade!

arhoneybee
07-27-18, 04:02 PM
If you don?t mind my asking... what is the good thing about this? It seemed like I had to buy the items to clear. Is it worth it?

arhoneybee
07-27-18, 04:05 PM
I noticed I now have the cabbage hut to purchase for 400 gems. Will I always have that option or just during monster hunts?

PrincessCelestian
07-27-18, 04:26 PM

I have two wizard schools. I don?t need to compare it to the wizard schools. It?s a long term goal for some. Not so long term for others. Hoenstly it makes no difference one way or the other in my game because I am so far along with eveything. I just managed to use all of the 9000 energy I had saved up over the last few months. It is nice to have something else to work toward for those of us that have very little left to do in the game.

imdunroamin
07-27-18, 04:49 PM
You didn't miss it, they haven't done one during an event in a while. (2-3 weeks?) Instead they started it about 16 hours before a new event, and ended an hour before the new event. Don't know what the future of it will be.

Having it during an event was nice but never really became official. Someone noticed a week or 2 ago that an event gem bundle included 20 minutes of energy and speculated it was meant to provide the WW experience. Which isn't a bad idea - wouldn't have to deal with the baron's nonsense, lol.

I found the weekly warrior very encouraging as a new player during events, powering through quest material, blossoms, mermaids, whatever. It gave us a chance to really get ahead of our paltry 40 energy, reducing frustrations in our non-alicorn lives.

However, it slightly unbalanced the game because we with lower requirements could finish sooner, needing only 16 trips to Ivy instead of 20, perhaps. High levels got mad. To make things "even" they would need to require the same quantity of bottleneck (Ivy, etc) as the others.

Without an event WW was kinda perplexing for me. Yeah it's good to top off stores, but due to recharge times I found myself running out of things to do, lol.

Thanks. I thought this may be the case, but I was away for a couple of weeks.

LadyRissaRenae
07-27-18, 05:36 PM
Cabbage Hut drops 1 Rotten Cabbage daily and we're allowed to have 2 huts. Obtaining it you acquire the possibility of accumulating the cabbages you collect for use in the Baron's Tent when you wish.

Do the cabbages show up in inventory, or can you only check the count in the Game Tent? I have the cabbage hut, collected a couple time,s but nada. Game tent still says only 3.

AnnirasSweets
07-27-18, 05:52 PM
Am I the only one struggling to get golden nuggets? I have 17 but havnt got any since the mh started, not from rocks, not from my mines... nothing. Don?t think I?ll be getting the lion at this rate :(

Don't worry, the Armored Lions will stay in the MRC even once the hunt is over. Focus on collecting the Sword and golden Troll Tokens now as they're harder to get outside of the event; that way you'll have them to craft the Armored Lion once you've gotten the nuggets at your own rate post-event.

Samar217
07-27-18, 06:26 PM
I?m level 20 and came in 2nd place on my LB earlier today. I received the lion but I?m confused on why it wasn?t a royal lion as it shows on the prize lists. Am I supposed to continue collecting and hunting? It doesn?t show any more goal prizes to conquer.

redpenny
07-27-18, 06:29 PM
I just finished the Gold Boost. I collected from each of my Sparkling mines twice.

Not. One. Nugget.

Seriously S8?

jesslau9
07-27-18, 06:30 PM
I?m level 20 and came in 2nd place on my LB earlier today. I received the lion but I?m confused on why it wasn?t a royal lion as it shows on the prize lists. Am I supposed to continue collecting and hunting? It doesn?t show any more goal prizes to conquer.

The lion with crown is awarded at the end of the entire event to 1st and 2nd place

It doesn't get given to u when u hit 1st/2nd place during the event
U receive the normal lion for reaching 2300point

So yes u need to keep collecting points to be at whatever position u want to be. If u don care for the position, then u can stop

Samar217
07-27-18, 06:32 PM
Good to know. So I just keep collecting and building my numbers until the end with no other ?goals? to conquer from the LB.

CharmOfLea
07-27-18, 07:10 PM
I have two wizard schools. I don?t need to compare it to the wizard schools. It?s a long term goal for some. Not so long term for others. Hoenstly it makes no difference one way or the other in my game because I am so far along with eveything. I just managed to use all of the 9000 energy I had saved up over the last few months. It is nice to have something else to work toward for those of us that have very little left to do in the game.
Actually I had responded to you and came back to see if you had a thought on my thoughts. But my response is gone. Just to say, I made an effort to keep the conversation going.

peachtreeshoppe
07-27-18, 09:11 PM
Can s8 share when the monster hunt will end? I hate having a golem on board or spawn post event that does nothing but waste energy. I want to make sure I store horses in time. Thanks!

peachtreeshoppe
07-27-18, 09:18 PM

I love it during an event - I listed it as my favorite part in each survey. On non events I do like it to rebuild stash that I intentionally deplete and chop chop chop for mermaid goals and to clear some old trees I just want space back. My board has looked like an absolute disaster for two weeks as I kept out longer time things awaiting it to start. My plan I figured out last time is that after the first ten minute chunk I?d store the extra pigs etc and flip to ponds, Wells, and mushrooms. I try to have the kitchen ingredients and royal exchange set up for utilizing mushrooms and water so I can get a trade or two and a few things cooked for ?free.? I also pre chop an ountcrooping to 19 so it?s only one chop for the quest requirement.

Anyway, it doesn?t look like it?ll be part of the monster hunt but man, that?d be great. We could probably get two golems per bout of energy so maybe 3 gold coins? I?d sure appreciate that.

janddolphins
07-27-18, 09:49 PM
Go all the way down on this page, to Contact us. Then on top right to Submit a request. Support can help.

Delete original answer...I decided to just keep gems :) thanks so much for your help though!

mantha_501
07-27-18, 10:52 PM
@Annirassweets Ok thank you, was not sure if the armoured lion would disappear from MRC, but that makes me feel better :) thank you

MoonVillage3
07-27-18, 10:54 PM
Do the cabbages show up in inventory, or can you only check the count in the Game Tent? I have the cabbage hut, collected a couple time,s but nada. Game tent still says only 3.

They show up in the Baron's Tent, not in your inventory. When you open the Tent on the screen where you throw cabbages.. you'll see your count there. If you like the daily prize you can try.. but if you're not interested you just close the screen and the count adds up if you collect you rotten cabbages from the Huts.

I'd suggest you go to the Hub and read the Baron's Tent thread.. it's all explained there.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92434-Castle-Story-The-Baron-s-Game-Tent-How-it-works-Prize-lists

MoonVillage3
07-27-18, 11:02 PM
Can s8 share when the monster hunt will end? I hate having a golem on board or spawn post event that does nothing but waste energy. I want to make sure I store horses in time. Thanks!

If you open the LB board, at the bottom of each page you'll see the exact time the event ends.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-18, 11:07 PM

The LB part hasn?t finished yet. You?ve reached the goal 2300 limit to get the normal Lion. Confusing I know. I actually wish they wouldn?t almost duplicate the prizes in this way. But I suppose if you offered a tiger for the 2300 prize and a lion for the LB price those that didn?t get the Lion would feel awful because they don?t have a Lion at all.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-18, 11:12 PM

See the timer on your LB section about 5 days left if I remember correctly. That?s when it will end at the same time as the LB, this is a longer one than nomal. For me in the UK it?s about 1am. So I know I have to get rid of the Golem before I go to bed. So ensure I have 40 energy to get rid of it before hand.

MoonVillage3
07-27-18, 11:23 PM
Good to know. So I just keep collecting and building my numbers until the end with no other ?goals? to conquer from the LB.

You won't know until after the event has ended if you've won the Crowned Lion. It may be obvious if you're the only one in the group that's interested in collecting points.. but the assignment of the final prizes have a 'wait-time' in order to synchronize all incoming results, before appearing on your screen.

Don't wait till the last minutes to finish your event.. this is especially important to players who are racing, as the timer may differ. Your last points may arrive too late to be registered and your counter may stop before.

Being an automatic finish that has to be memorized by s8 server, while many players are changing results.. not all the time the results were like what's seen on your LB. Many surprises have been encountered in the past.. and players who 'thought' they won.. found themselves in a prior position.

This is all resolved by calculating and playing your game with a safety margine BEFORE time-out.. and NOT waiting till the last minutes/seconds, which is always at your risk IF memorized in time.

MoonVillage3
07-27-18, 11:28 PM
I just finished the Gold Boost. I collected from each of my Sparkling mines twice.

Not. One. Nugget.

Seriously S8?

Don't think those mean Elvens are going to drop something precious at the first try.. It may take quite a few tries till you reach the point as you are now in thinking this boost doesn't work.
The percent of dropping nuggests ARE very low and NOT guaranteed.
Good Luck!

maridadi
07-28-18, 12:17 AM
I?m enjoying this MH. I have increased my armoured alicorns from 2 to 4, and now working on maxing my armoured flygers BEFORE going for an armoured lion. Not too bothered about the LB as my main focus is the MH. I will be happy to get trade tickets - looks like nos 1-19 will get at least 5 of these anyway.

peachtreeshoppe
07-28-18, 03:03 AM
See the timer on your LB section about 5 days left if I remember correctly. That?s when it will end at the same time as the LB, this is a longer one than nomal. For me in the UK it?s about 1am. So I know I have to get rid of the Golem before I go to bed. So ensure I have 40 energy to get rid of it before hand.

If you open the LB board, at the bottom of each page you'll see the exact time the event ends.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if they’d definitely end at the same time. Appreciate it!

venatemp
07-28-18, 04:40 AM
thank you :)

level 50 is the max "level" but you can still accumulate xp forever. so some level 50 people just made it and some are way way beyond that

venatemp
07-28-18, 04:55 AM
I see that you authored the most amazing CS document in detail #impressed #thankyou!!!!!

Read this:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79367-Nugget-7-Levels-amp-Experience

VersaceMorrow
07-28-18, 05:05 AM

Not. One. Nugget.

Seriously S8?

The gold boost is a total scam IMO....probably raises your chances from 1 in 50 to 1 in 49.

Seriously700
07-28-18, 05:30 AM
So now I have another problem-I just got the explorer's permit to go save Sabrina and I know that I will need 150 hits to defeat Epelus-what do I do? Save it for after the monster hunt and use my energy on more monsters? That is what I really should do, but I am so impatient to get to Sabrina! lol. What a problem-all of life's problems should be so hard :)

Did you ever get an answer? I?m in the same predicament. I?m curious if you get a shield token for every hit, and whether you get enough sword and staff tokens at the end to make it worth the energy during a monster hunt.

ShibuyaCloth
07-28-18, 07:03 AM
I have the same question, well I wait until my daily alis are recharged and give it a go. Answers in 12 hours or so. It should give shields as any orher monsters I spawn did so.

riverly
07-28-18, 07:44 AM
I predict a last minute frenzy within my group as players deliver their swords, helms, and shields. Interesting that S8 made cows spawn the lion. Especially since milk and egg trades are booming.
I hope my group is ok with some friendly competition.
This MH is going on forever. I'm ready for it to be over.

jkc619
07-28-18, 07:48 AM

I agree. I will trying to get the Wizard's Portal just because it will a new goal for me to try to obtain and I think I like the looks of it. I wonder how big of a footprint it has-does anyone know? Also, can it be crafted after the monster hunt is over or do I have to craft it before? Thanks in advance if anyone knows. :)

swstar
07-28-18, 07:57 AM
Still haven't gotten an answer on this, will the wizard portal be available after the hunt? A few times items have been removed so I want to know before I spend my tokens. I know it said mrc animal stays.

ashley224
07-28-18, 07:59 AM

Did you ever get an answer? I?m in the same predicament. I?m curious if you get a shield token for every hit, and whether you get enough sword and staff tokens at the end to make it worth the energy during a monster hunt.

I have the same question, well I wait until my daily alis are recharged and give it a go. Answers in 12 hours or so. It should give shields as any orher monsters I spawn did so.

Epelus does not give points or tokens. Suggest waiting until after the hunt.

jkc619
07-28-18, 08:01 AM

I hit the mountain by mistake and got Epelus-had to hit him over 80 times and no tokens at all from him! He did give me points for the LB though.

MoonVillage3
07-28-18, 08:07 AM
I predict a last minute frenzy within my group as players deliver their swords, helms, and shields. Interesting that S8 made cows spawn the lion. Especially since milk and egg trades are booming.
I hope my group is ok with some friendly competition.
This MH is going on forever. I'm ready for it to be over.

I predict the last minute frenzy of throwing bombs delivering whatever crafts, will be very deluding for players who count on this. It takes quite a long time to load the 'next' choices.. they're not immediate.
I still need the days left to craft more gold tokens. There's quite a few new things offered this hunt. I find the Wizard Portals such a nice design. The upgrading necessities are exaggerated, but it's a lovely building we can upgrade slowly.

At the moment I'm making sure I collect as many tokens I can. ;)
Good Luck to All!

Seriously700
07-28-18, 08:47 AM
Epelus does not give points or tokens. Suggest waiting until after the hunt.

I hit the mountain by mistake and got Epelus-had to hit him over 80 times and no tokens at all from him! He did give me points for the LB though.

Thanks for the responses. I don’t really care about the leaderboard so I will plan on waiting. I’d rather use the energy to earn tokens in the monster hunt.

riverly
07-28-18, 08:57 AM
I predict the last minute frenzy of throwing bombs delivering whatever crafts, will be very deluding for players who count on this. It takes quite a long time to load the 'next' choices.. they're not immediate.
I still need the days left to craft more gold tokens. There's quite a few new things offered this hunt. I find the Wizard Portals such a nice design. The upgrading necessities are exaggerated, but it's a lovely building we can upgrade slowly.

At the moment I'm making sure I collect as many tokens I can. ;)
Good Luck to All!All in all its been a good MH. It just seems a lot longer than past hunts. And that Portal is beginning to look more and more attractive to me. It would be a nice challenge, and I have more than enough sources for wisps. Those wisps seem to be coming from everywhere!! Same with the dew. Can't seem to use the dew I collect.

AuntGma
07-28-18, 09:05 AM
I agree. I will trying to get the Wizard's Portal just because it will a new goal for me to try to obtain and I think I like the looks of it. I wonder how big of a footprint it has-does anyone know? Also, can it be crafted after the monster hunt is over or do I have to craft it before? Thanks in advance if anyone knows. :)

The footprint of the Wizard Portal is 2 x 2. I got mine immediately after this hunt started and then began to doubt my decision after reading some of the comments here on the forum. After a few days of perspective, I am happy that I bought it. We have begged S8 for a long time to give us more Wizard Schools and the Wizard Portal seems to be a good alternate option for long time players.

HuckleTown
07-28-18, 09:17 AM
I am enjoying the MH. I have earned 28 gold tokens so far (2 from the fountain). I think I will try to get my 4th Unicorn and a lion (I am at 33 gt's right now, so it should be doable with a couple tokens left over. Unfortunately the last 3 days of the hunt I will b3 very busy so I'm trying to log on every 2hours for the next 36 hours.

AnnirasSweets
07-28-18, 09:21 AM
All in all its been a good MH. It just seems a lot longer than past hunts. And that Portal is beginning to look more and more attractive to me. It would be a nice challenge, and I have more than enough sources for wisps. Those wisps seem to be coming from everywhere!! Same with the dew. Can't seem to use the dew I collect.

I agree, at first seeing 10 days for a Hunt sounded amazing but now I'm thinking that's a little too long. I quickly decided after the first day that I would limit myself to only spend a certain amount of time in game and only use so much energy per day to try and prevent burn out. Monster Hunts are exciting, this is true; however the fighting of monsters itself is not. If I didn't limit myself I could easily see myself getting sick of tapping monsters very quickly which would be a shame since I'm a fan of the hunt.

It would be nice if they added all the crafts to the Tinker Camp so we could it for making spellbound items during events that utilize the normal workshops. I usually try to craft them overnight but with the Sabina storyline and the new expansions I've been constantly churning out lanterns and Enchanted Lanterns to the determent of all else.

fish63
07-28-18, 09:46 AM
Why is it taking so long for the leader board to show new item to trade? Have been waiting since last night for third to show up! Have shields I can’t trade. Yes! I closed and opened. Nothing! Anybody else with this problem?

MoonVillage3
07-28-18, 10:25 AM
Why is it taking so long for the leader board to show new item to trade? Have been waiting since last night for third to show up! Have shields I can’t trade. Yes! I closed and opened. Nothing! Anybody else with this problem?

Would be best if you post in the Bugs & Issues thread so it can be seen immediately by s8 staff. That does sound a long time to change-over. I had tried earlier as someone else had reported in forum your same problem and found that mine took awhile to reload.. but not that slow!

sipland
07-28-18, 12:09 PM

This has happened to me as well. No shield trade for at least a day.

SpiritWind00
07-28-18, 04:35 PM
I've reported the delivery issue again too. (mask of royals and arrows not dropping from farmhouse)

venatemp
07-29-18, 06:08 AM
I am very much enjoying this event and the longevity of it is a plus for me as I am working toward the MRC :).

cccymaaa
07-29-18, 07:40 AM
I have collected 5 times from the armored lion and not a single trade ticket yet. such a waste of coins.

PrincessCelestian
07-29-18, 08:49 AM
I have collected 5 times from the armored lion and not a single trade ticket yet. such a waste of coins.

I bought two on the first day of the hunt and have only gotten one drop of 3 trade tickets. I must say that I am a bit disappointed in the drop rate. I would rather get one ticket with a higher drop rate. All in all I am fairly happy with this hunt though. I will eventually get all 4 lions but for right now I will stick to 2. I had saved up about 9000 energy before this hunt. I have managed to get 185 gold tokens and counting. That is definitely the most ever. I am thinking about getting a second wizard?s portal and worrying about upgrading them later. And because I had so much energy, I am first on the leaderboard. Even though I hate leaderboards and don?t normally play them past the last goal, I do if they are combined with monster hunts. I wish they would stop combining them. So all in all pretty happy with this event. I love that it?s 10 days. I have been dying for one longer than 6 days that would allow me to use my weekly Alis twice and finally got one. I can?t believe that people are actually complaining that it?s too long. I think it?s great. I just battle my golems while I read it watch tv. Works perfectly.

mrootje
07-29-18, 09:37 AM
Anyone to explain the Beast Master boost, 10 gems - active for 1 hour??

jkc619
07-29-18, 09:53 AM
I bought two on the first day of the hunt and have only gotten one drop of 3 trade tickets. I must say that I am a bit disappointed in the drop rate. I would rather get one ticket with a higher drop rate. All in all I am fairly happy with this hunt though. I will eventually get all 4 lions but for right now I will stick to 2. I had saved up about 9000 energy before this hunt. I have managed to get 185 gold tokens and counting. That is definitely the most ever. I am thinking about getting a second wizard?s portal and worrying about upgrading them later. And because I had so much energy, I am first on the leaderboard. Even though I hate leaderboards and don?t normally play them past the last goal, I do if they are combined with monster hunts. I wish they would stop combining them. So all in all pretty happy with this event. I love that it?s 10 days. I have been dying for one longer than 6 days that would allow me to use my weekly Alis twice and finally got one. I can?t believe that people are actually complaining that it?s too long. I think it?s great. I just battle my golems while I read it watch tv. Works perfectly.

I love this monster hunt and love that it is longer. The more gold tokens I can get the better. I am wondering why people save their energy so they have one big hunk. If you do that then you do not get to use the 40 that you get every 1 1/2 hours or so, correct? So for someone like me that comes on pretty often it would not be to my advantage to "save" the energy, correct? I am just wondering what is the best way to do it.

29vanilla
07-29-18, 10:13 AM
I have 99 gold tokens and now I?m forced to make a decision. Aahhh help please. Lol. Have several Ali?s from the Barons tent, but only have 1 Unicorn, 1 Glimmer Alicorn, and 1 Golden Peacock from the MRC. I can?t devote enough time to game play all the time. So opinions on the Wizard Portal now vs another Unicorn please.

After tapping all of my daily Ali?s last night.....4 and 5 energy only!! So maybe that?s my answer.. Wizard Portal? It just took so many monster hunts to get to 99 and now they?ve introduced another item in the MRC making my decision more difficult.

And I could buy 3 Unicorns and something else.

jkc619
07-29-18, 11:15 AM
I have 99 gold tokens and now I?m forced to make a decision. Aahhh help please. Lol. Have several Ali?s from the Barons tent, but only have 1 Unicorn, 1 Glimmer Alicorn, and 1 Golden Peacock from the MRC. I can?t devote enough time to game play all the time. So opinions on the Wizard Portal now vs another Unicorn please.

After tapping all of my daily Ali?s last night.....4 and 5 energy only!! So maybe that?s my answer.. Wizard Portal? It just took so many monster hunts to get to 99 and now they?ve introduced another item in the MRC making my decision more difficult.

And I could buy 3 Unicorns and something else.

I would keep saving until the hunt is over. I like the unicorn because it gives tokens, energy and spellbound dew. I also like the armored unicorn if you have to mithril to get him. The wizard's portal seems like it is for those who are more advanced and not worried about it using up valuable resources for leveling it up. but like, I said-keep saving until the hunt is over and you might be able to make a better choice at that time. :)

PrincessCelestian
07-29-18, 11:34 AM
I love this monster hunt and love that it is longer. The more gold tokens I can get the better. I am wondering why people save their energy so they have one big hunk. If you do that then you do not get to use the 40 that you get every 1 1/2 hours or so, correct? So for someone like me that comes on pretty often it would not be to my advantage to "save" the energy, correct? I am just wondering what is the best way to do it.

Mine was a combination of the weekend warriors when they first came out allowing me to not use all of the Ali energy and then being able to keep up with events and finish them without having to use all of the energy I was getting daily and weekly from my energy sources. So I was still playing the game just not using all of my energy. I wasn?t playing quite as much as I used to because I felt the events pretty lackluster and I was stocked up on so much. The advantage of saving the energy is the ability to use it during events so that you can finish them faster.

29vanilla
07-29-18, 12:05 PM
I would keep saving until the hunt is over. I like the unicorn because it gives tokens, energy and spellbound dew. I also like the armored unicorn if you have to mithril to get him. The wizard's portal seems like it is for those who are more advanced and not worried about it using up valuable resources for leveling it up. but like, I said-keep saving until the hunt is over and you might be able to make a better choice at that time. :)

Can only save up to 99. Critical point to make a decision and wish they’d increase gold token savings to 999. Lol. So I can’t hunt anymore until I spend some. I have tons of resources too. I’m a super slow player; collecting and collecting, but also a super slow decision maker. Maybe I’ll do armored unicorn. 15 tokens used and just maybe I can collect 10 more before end of hunt.

Thanks for your help.

jkc619
07-29-18, 12:19 PM
Can only save up to 99. Critical point to make a decision and wish they’d increase gold token savings to 999. Lol. So I can’t hunt anymore until I spend some. I have tons of resources too. I’m a super slow player; collecting and collecting, but also a super slow decision maker. Maybe I’ll do armored unicorn. 15 tokens used and just maybe I can collect 10 more before end of hunt.

Thanks for your help.

so sorry-I completely forgot about the 99 limit.

jbfps116
07-29-18, 12:29 PM
i would get the portal as you have enough almost to get the first upgrade right away. and if you have the beastbane you can save up more gold tiokens for upgrades. the armored lion only get one for looks IMO. have yet to get trade tickets from him and I got him the first day of the event!

zoroak
07-29-18, 01:04 PM
Anyone to explain the Beast Master boost, 10 gems - active for 1 hour??

For me, beast master boost is discounted to 7 gems and it gives you twice the points for the leaderboard event when battling monsters or tapping on beast statue for 1h. Also doubles the points earned on deliveries.

Dinatized
07-29-18, 01:13 PM
I?m really loving this 10 day monster hunt! I just hope we get 2 days off after this to just collect and plant stuff. I?ve been really putting all my energy into getting those gold coins :p and neglecting everything els.

LyonLorio
07-29-18, 01:50 PM
Is there any information on the build a energy supply thing in the new monster hunt this week?

MoonVillage3
07-29-18, 02:29 PM
Is there any information on the build a energy supply thing in the new monster hunt this week?

Look on Page1, Post#3

topmom952
07-29-18, 02:35 PM
So, I'm up to 35 gold. Have 3 unicorns and 1 armored Ali and Lorelei's Fountain. Is the cabbage hut worth saving for and getting? I am not going to spend the gems to buy one. Or is there something else I should consider first? All opinions welcome. Thanks

MoonVillage3
07-29-18, 03:45 PM
So, I'm up to 35 gold. Have 3 unicorns and 1 armored Ali and Lorelei's Fountain. Is the cabbage hut worth saving for and getting? I am not going to spend the gems to buy one. Or is there something else I should consider first? All opinions welcome. Thanks

No doubt.. go for the Hut. You'll have the eternal opportunity of saving your cabbages and getting many more gifts, alis, dalis or whatever from the Baron's Tent than what you can MCR craft at the moment.

ratdogs4
07-29-18, 04:19 PM
Just curious, on average how many energy do folks think it takes to earn one gold token (when earned by battling monsters)? I know there are a lot of variables, just wondering what others think.

waterbushbabies
07-29-18, 05:26 PM
What are the deliveries? Just the three shown or are there more from goods in your kingdom? I m not going to bother with them at the expense of getting gold tokens if other goods need to be delivered as well

waterbushbabies
07-29-18, 05:27 PM
No doubt.. go for the Hut. You'll have the eternal opportunity of saving your cabbages and getting many more gifts, alis, dalis or whatever from the Baron's Tent than what you can MCR craft at the moment.

Definitely get the cabbage hut

ladlasse
07-29-18, 07:58 PM
How does the boost In the LB work? I don't plan to use it, but I'd like to know what you get for your gems. I tried the FAQ, but they were generic Castle Story questions...not about the LB.

Flowersandgems
07-29-18, 08:06 PM
Hi, I always love the monster hunt.
Seems if we are up to no 13, I might have missed a couple. Oops.
I haven’t read the whole thread, so sorry If this has been asked and answered.

Will the Wizard Portal stay for future hunts, or is it only here for this hunt. 85 gold tokens is a very big goal.
I am wondering if my gold would be better spent elsewhere.
And, I guess I will never get the cooking camp, been saving for that since - forever.

TeabytheSea3
07-29-18, 09:01 PM
This might be a dumb question...it's late & im tired..lol...but if I decide to go for crafting a cabbage hut, I'd like to do it pretty much last minute. It takes 16 hours to finish making one. Does it need to be completed and ready before the time ends for the hunt Wednesday night or will I still be able to get it from the trade wagon after the hunt is over as long as I started making it before the end of the hunt. I want to keep the trade wagon available to convert as many coins as possible for as long as possible. I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance. 😊

zoroak
07-29-18, 09:13 PM
How does the boost In the LB work? I don't plan to use it, but I'd like to know what you get for your gems. I tried the FAQ, but they were generic Castle Story questions...not about the LB.

2x LB points for 1 h, I just replied to someone else?s query in post 381, see that for details.

zoroak
07-29-18, 09:14 PM
This might be a dumb question...it's late & im tired..lol...but if I decide to go for crafting a cabbage hut, I'd like to do it pretty much last minute. It takes 16 hours to finish making one. Does it need to be completed and ready before the time ends for the hunt Wednesday night or will I still be able to get it from the trade wagon after the hunt is over as long as I started making it before the end of the hunt. I want to keep the trade wagon available to convert as many coins as possible for as long as possible. I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance. ��
The cabbage hut remains as a craft in the trade wagon after hunt. Well, at the the ability to craft a second one anyway as I only have 1. If you click for more info on the trade wagon on SW’s post on the first page, it says that only the token trades disappear after the hunt and the other items remain.

zoroak
07-29-18, 09:19 PM
What are the deliveries? Just the three shown or are there more from goods in your kingdom? I m not going to bother with them at the expense of getting gold tokens if other goods need to be delivered as well

Just the 3 shown for me so far. Do the deliveries if you are participating the LB event not otherwise. Crafting the deliveries don?t really impact much on gold troll tokens, if you are full on resources required for crafting. I just collect from mines and sawmills to replenish.

zoroak
07-29-18, 09:30 PM
Hi, I always love the monster hunt.
Seems if we are up to no 13, I might have missed a couple. Oops.
I haven’t read the whole thread, so sorry If this has been asked and answered.

Will the Wizard Portal stay for future hunts, or is it only here for this hunt. 85 gold tokens is a very big goal.
I am wondering if my gold would be better spent elsewhere.
And, I guess I will never get the cooking camp, been saving for that since - forever.

You can still craft the portal after the hunt. SW’s post on first page will have a link to info on the trade wagon on what stays or goes after hunts.

ladlasse
07-29-18, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Zoroak, but you answered the question about the beast boost or soemthing like that. I'm asking about the boost that is shown if you are looking at the rank tab on the LB. it's on the far right and for me shows 7 gems. I assume it will move me up the LB, but I don't know how many extra points it would give me, and I've never seen it explained.

AnnirasSweets
07-29-18, 10:13 PM
Thanks, Zoroak, but you answered the question about the beast boost or soemthing like that. I'm asking about the boost that is shown if you are looking at the rank tab on the LB. it's on the far right and for me shows 7 gems. I assume it will move me up the LB, but I don't know how many extra points it would give me, and I've never seen it explained.

They're the same boost, just in different locations. If you click on either all the LB points you get during the hour it's activated are doubled, not the points you already have only the ones you earn during that boosted hour. The boost is best compared to the elven boosts in that respect. In theory you will move up in the ranks but only if you accumulate enough points to surpass those ahead of you.

zoroak
07-29-18, 10:58 PM

You need to see the images I posted on post 381. This is the same boost we are talking about and it gives 2x the LB points you get in an hour. Say you hit a beast and normally it gives you 1 LB point but with the boost you get two points. You deliver say the sword for normally 45 points, with boost you get 90 points. All doubled in the 1h that you activate the boost.

MoonVillage3
07-29-18, 11:08 PM
This might be a dumb question...it's late & im tired..lol...but if I decide to go for crafting a cabbage hut, I'd like to do it pretty much last minute. It takes 16 hours to finish making one. Does it need to be completed and ready before the time ends for the hunt Wednesday night or will I still be able to get it from the trade wagon after the hunt is over as long as I started making it before the end of the hunt. I want to keep the trade wagon available to convert as many coins as possible for as long as possible. I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance. 😊

The Trade Wagon after-event, loses the ability to craft Tokens.. but other crafts should remain. I say 'should' as has always been so in the past.
The ability to collect Tokens after-event drops from the Beastbane Statue (random x day) and the 4 white UNIcorns crafted in the MCR (random and not guaranteed).
As the other Wagon crafts (not tokens) remain, you'll be able to craft and collect out of hunting season.

I would suggest to keep collecting the gold tokens, so as not to occupy your Trade Wagon for long periods till the hunt is over.. then craft your Hut when event finishes. It's a wiser move rather than occupying for 16hrs making it impossible to craft other Gold.

Remember though we have a max cap on Gold Tokens of 99, so you will loose what you collect after.. which is a pity! Craft something that uses little gold tokens, calculating to have what you need for the Hut after hunt or just stop there as you have completed your goal.

The Loriel Fountains do not drop tokens after-hunt.. so don't count on them to round up after.

Flowersandgems
07-29-18, 11:56 PM
You can still craft the portal after the hunt. SW?s post on first page will have a link to info on the trade wagon on what stays or goes after hunts.

Thank you, I will check it out again. You never know when S8 might put in something that doesn?t fit the mould.

zoroak
07-30-18, 12:45 AM
Noticed quite a few people asking about boosts and deliveries for LB event, so I?m presuming you may be new to LB events or are a lower level player. There has been quite a few posts earlier by players who state they dislike these events so here?s the lowdown on why:

If you are in a group with high level players with huge energy resources like alicorns, there?s little chance you will get placed in the top positions to get the royal lion.

Many experienced competitive players will be hoarding their deliveries till last day/hour then apply the boost and zoom ahead by thousands of points.

Some players may not have the energy resources but are prepared to spend quite a lot of money and will then buy 15 min or so unlimited energy or points packages which usually come up in the last few days of the event.

If you?re ok with that and don?t mind depleting some resources for deliveries, spend some gems and/or not be placed in the top few positions, then participate. If not, just concentrate on the hunt.

Dinatized
07-30-18, 01:15 AM
I?d say about 2 golems? Soo 120 or sth. Maybe less.

Dinatized
07-30-18, 01:44 AM
Just curious, on average how many energy do folks think it takes to earn one gold token (when earned by battling monsters)? I know there are a lot of variables, just wondering what others think.

With me it?s usually 1 golem. But i already have coins. So if u were to start with nothing, i would say about 2 golems so about 120 energy. Maybe less

MoonVillage3
07-30-18, 03:50 AM

My personal count is 2 golems. Finishing the 2nd I can craft a Gold Token. It varies but usually takes 38/42 energy to beat a golem even if it says much more. The numbers skip as they count down the hits, and you also get back energy while beating.. so much less than what's expected.

I'll count the next golems I beat to make sure. Yesterday when I counted and it was like above.

HuckleTown
07-30-18, 04:40 AM

For me it is 2 golems also (I always do 1 bronze trade during fighting them which gets those pesky middle tokens). I would say 85-90 hits typically which is probably 70-80 net energy.

Yesterday and today it has been taking 50+ hits per golem though.

ALSO: the gems I earn from MH trades do not always count. Has anyone else noticed this? I have been watching my gem count closely trying to make up for a recent @#$& gem trap. Atleast three times a gem popped up from a bronze or gold trade but it did not show up in my gem count.

MoonVillage3
07-30-18, 06:16 AM
For me it is 2 golems also (I always do 1 bronze trade during fighting them which gets those pesky middle tokens). I would say 85-90 hits typically which is probably 70-80 net energy.

Yesterday and today it has been taking 50+ hits per golem though.

I do 2 golems too and the Bronze trade inbetween to get just enough Sword tokens for the gold trade. hits I counted today on a sample of 20 golems.. they took 30-39 hits to defeat. this total takes count of whatever energy drops during battle.

ALSO: the gems I earn from MH trades do not always count. Has anyone else noticed this? I have been watching my gem count closely trying to make up for a recent @#$& gem trap. At least three times a gem popped up from a bronze or gold trade but it did not show up in my gem count.
Yesterday they counted.. today I'm seeing very few gem drops. Only 4 gems from the sample of 20 golems.
I did hit a gem trap too.. but really don't know when, where or what. It's unbelievable I had just started my afternoon play session before hunting golems... and bang! 80 gone! where? when? boh? gone :blue:
Makes me cry.. I had good other use for them :mad:

laudenum
07-30-18, 07:06 AM
First time posting, hope this works. Blue dire boars are spawning every hit of dead tree, not just once per day. I have not been fighting any other monsters since discovering this by accident. Takes only 3 blue boars to get gold token at a rate of 13-16 hits each, so only approx 45 energy spent in total for every gold token with 1 bronze trade to use excess shield tokens.
Much better return for your energy. Good luck yo all. ��

GiselleX16
07-30-18, 08:06 AM
I’ve got the MRC, a unicorn, an armored Flyger, and an armored lion and am up to 31 gold coins and decided to save for the cabbage hut. As a side bonus I just got my 80th Golem milk so can finally clear the Glimmer Baby from my goals. With 41 of 65 Direboar milk, not sure if i will also be able to clear the Dire Piglet goal too on this round but I am willing to try! I just finally got my Aquanthar so am on a roll.

Indryia
07-30-18, 08:13 AM
I’ve got the MRC, a unicorn, an armored Flyger, and an armored lion and am up to 31 gold coins and decided to save for the cabbage hut. As a side bonus I just got my 80th Golem milk so can finally clear the Glimmer Baby from my goals. With 41 of 65 Direboar milk, not sure if i will also be able to clear the Dire Piglet goal too on this round but I am willing to try! I just finally got my Aquanthar so am on a roll.

OMG ! Thank you !!!
I completely forgot about that ugly glimmer baby. I only need 9 more milks haha

ashley224
07-30-18, 08:14 AM
I strongly agree with laudanum.

I battled 11 blue boars using a net energy of 173 which is 15.7 energy per boar.
For this energy I received 264 shield tokens, 86 sword tokens, and 116 staff tokens.
I did 2 bronze trades to balance the excess shield tokens.
The limiting factor here is the sword tokens, needing 25 swords tokens per gold token, 86/25=3.44, gold tokens.

Battling only blue boars each gold token costs 173/3.44 = 50.3 energy.

In comparison I battled 5 Purple Golem for 172 energy, at an average of 34.4 energy per golem.
I received 264 shield tokens, 53 sword tokens and 49 staff tokens.
Again I did two bronze trades.
Here the limiting factor was the staff tokens. 49/25 = 1.96 gold tokens.

Battling only purple golems each gold token costs 173/1.96=88.3 energy.

To off set the excess staff tokens generated by battling only blue dire boars, I have been
1) upgrading the Wizard Portal as this uses staff tokens and
2) battling the beasties from the cloudberry bushes as this generates swords tokens. I only do this because I have lots of energy and I want the wisp essence from the wisps for enchanted lanterns. Since I’d be battling them anyways, I might as well get the sword and shield tokens from them. This actually dilutes the number of gold tokens per energy.

In summary, if you want to maximize the number of gold tokens per energy used, battle only Blue Dire Boars, do the bronze trades to use the excess shield tokens to generate more sword tokens and let the excess staff tokens be wasted.

Blue Dire Boars only 50.3 energy per gold token.

MoonVillage3
07-30-18, 08:46 AM
First time posting, hope this works. Blue dire boars are spawning every hit of dead tree, not just once per day. I have not been fighting any other monsters since discovering this by accident. Takes only 3 blue boars to get gold token at a rate of 13-16 hits each, so only approx 45 energy spent in total for every gold token with 1 bronze trade to use excess shield tokens.
Much better return for your energy. Good luck yo all. ��

Welcome and thanks for imput. Yes.. this has been mentioned before toward the beginning of the event about the blue direboars spawing all day.. quite different from our hunts before.
On the long run I think they come out about the same as due to lack of Sword Tokens many times you have to beat a 4th direboar, so the same as 2 golems which gurantee enough swords for a gold trade. My game lacks in sword tokens.. other players may be different however.

cheers196
07-30-18, 08:47 AM
I strongly agree with laudanum.

I battled 11 blue boars using a net energy of 173 which is 15.7 energy per boar.
For this energy I received 264 shield tokens, 86 sword tokens, and 116 staff tokens.
I did 2 bronze trades to balance the excess shield tokens.
The limiting factor here is the sword tokens, needing 25 swords tokens per gold token, 86/25=3.44, gold tokens.

Battling only blue boars each gold token costs 173/3.44 = 50.3 energy.

In comparison I battled 5 Purple Golem for 172 energy, at an average of 34.4 energy per golem.

Battling only purple golems each gold token costs 173/1.96=88.3 energy.

To off set the excess staff tokens generated by battling only blue dire boars, I have been
1) upgrading the Wizard Portal as this uses staff tokens and
2) battling the beasties from the cloudberry bushes as this generates swords tokens. I only do this because I want the wisp essence from the wisps for enchanted lanterns and I?d be battling them anyways so I might as well get the sword and shield tokens from them. This actually dilutes the number of gold tokens per energy.

In summary, if you want to maximize the number of gold tokens per energy used, battle only Blue Dire Boars, do the bronze trades to use the excess shield tokens to generate more sword tokens and let the excess staff tokens be wasted.

Blue Dire Boars only 50.3 energy per gold token.

I came to the same conclusion. I have been fighting blue boars almost exclusively to get the most amount of sword tokens except one purple golem for the daily goal, which gives 5 extra sword tokens.

HuckleTown
07-30-18, 09:39 AM
Welcome and thanks for imput. Yes.. this has been mentioned before toward the beginning of the event about the blue direboars spawing all day.. quite different from our hunts before.
On the long run I think they come out about the same as due to lack of Sword Tokens many times you have to beat a 4th direboar, so the same as 2 golems which gurantee enough swords for a gold trade. My game lacks in sword tokens.. other players may be different however.

I also came to the conclusion that in my kingdom, purple golems are better. Blue boars take 22-25 net energy for me with golems typically 30 net energy so the extra sword tokens and bronze trades (which also gives sword tokens) work in my favor.

Dinatized
07-30-18, 09:40 AM
So guys i have almost got 85 golden tokens now. What should i buy? I still have 2 armored direwolfs, 4 armored lions and of course the wizard portal. On one hand I?m thinking: just buy the 4 lions ( yeah i still need some nuggets but i?ll get there) and on the onthee hand i?m thinking 1 direwolf. Anyone ideas?

ashley224
07-30-18, 09:41 AM
I’ve finally decided to reveal myself as a total math geek.

For those of us battling the dire boars and expending 50.3 energy per gold token, the wizard portal costs 85*50.3=4276 energy.
Assuming 3x per day collection from the portal, net 9 energy per day
4276/9=476 days for the portal to pay for itself. This equates to 15.9 months or 1.3 years.

If you chose to battle mostly purple golems for your gold tokens 85*88.3=7506 energy to buy portal
7506/9=834 days for the portal to pay for itself. This equates to 27.9 or 2.3 years

ashley224
07-30-18, 09:45 AM
I came to the same conclusion. I have been fighting blue boars almost exclusively to get the most amount of sword tokens except one purple golem for the daily goal, which gives 5 extra sword tokens.

Yes, battling the occasion purple golem could help with the sword/staff token balance. Who out there wants to calculate the perfect balance?

Eta: I couldn’t resist looking into this more closely. I wouldn’t battle more than one purple golem per day to clear the daily purple golem challenge. Details posted below.

Dinatized
07-30-18, 09:46 AM

For those of us battling the dire boars and expending 50.3 energy per gold token, the wizard portal costs 85*50.3=4276 energy.
4276/9=476 days for the portal to pay for itself. This equates to 15.9 months or 1.3 years.

If you chose to battle mostly purple golems for your gold tokens 85*88.3=7506 energy to buy portal
7506/9=834 days for the portal to pay for itself. This equates to 27.9 or 2.3 years

Yeah so i switched to the wolves hahahhahahah

Dinatized
07-30-18, 09:46 AM
I mean boars

ashley224
07-30-18, 09:48 AM
I also came to the conclusion that in my kingdom, purple golems are better. Blue boars take 22-25 net energy for me with golems typically 30 net energy so the extra sword tokens and bronze trades (which also gives sword tokens) work in my favor.

I’m curious, I’d love to see the detailed statistics and raw data for your experiment...

ashley224
07-30-18, 10:25 AM
@Spiritwind

I love your enthusiasm and hopefulness in post 3 but alas, currently level 5, 8 energy drop, is as high as the Wizard’s Portal goes.

HuckleTown
07-30-18, 10:56 AM
I?m curious, I?d love to see the detailed statistics and raw data for your experiment...

It's just me counting every hit and seeing what energy is left. It's important to remember the results vary by kingdom. IN MY KINGDOM, it takes me 25 hits typically to **** a blue boar while it takes 45 hits to **** a golem. I'll get a few energy back for the boar but usually 10-15 back with the golem. That math plus the additional bronze trades, more sword tokens from the bronze trades and golem make battling the purple golem a better strategy (in my kingdom).

ashley224
07-30-18, 10:59 AM
Yes, battling the occasion purple golem would help with the sword/staff token balance. Who out there wants to calculate the perfect balance?

I couldn’t resist taking a stab at this. I am fairly confident but not 100% sure. I invite all fellow math geeks to scrutinize my logic.

When fighting blue dire boars, 86 sword tokens for 11 blue dire boars at a cost of 173 energy
This translates to 173/11= 15.73 energy per 86/11=7.82 sword tokens or 15.73 energy/7.82 sword stokens=2.01 energy per sword token

Now for the purple golem with the 5 sword token bonus.

When fighting purple golems, 53 sword tokens for 5 purple golems at a cost of 172 energy
Translation, 172/5=34.4 energy per 53/5=10.6 sword tokens for the average purple golem. Adding the 5 bonus sword tokens, we get 34.4 energy per 15.6 for the daily purple golem challenge. Results in 34.4energy/15.6 sword tokens=2.2 energy per sword token.

So even battling the one purple golem for the extra sword tokens, mathematically isn’t worth it. However, the difference is trivial and for some, it is possibly worth the extra single energy for the satisfaction of clearing the Daily goal.

ashley224
07-30-18, 11:25 AM
It's just me counting every hit and seeing what energy is left. It's important to remember the results vary by kingdom. IN MY KINGDOM, it takes me 25 hits typically to **** a blue boar while it takes 45 hits to **** a golem. I'll get a few energy back for the boar but usually 10-15 back with the golem. That math plus the additional bronze trades, more sword tokens from the bronze trades and golem make battling the purple golem a better strategy (in my kingdom).

It is wonderful that we all get the choose how to play in our own kingdoms.

Dancemom79
07-30-18, 12:33 PM
Just a reminder:
Don?t forget to collect from Princess Lorelei?s Fountain, it drops gold tokens during the Monster hunt :D

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS! AHHHH! And now my phone is broken so I am out of the current hunt. Not a happy camper.

MoonVillage3
07-30-18, 01:28 PM

To make things simple.. I battle both not to get bored! A group of one, then the other. Seems less crazy that way.. even if it's crazy anyway.. lol!

What does hurt and I know for sure others players have the same problem.. is this combined LB with Gold Token Hunting which causes a negative outcome. I'm way up on the LB and don't care even a little bit for the crowned lion. I don't even like it.. but hoarding my gold is punishing all others on the LB who are interested in receiving the Lion.

The tasks should really be seperated. Players are spending large amounts of $ to keep up with the crazy gold hunters, who on their side can only collect more and more during the seasons.

Who wins? The crazy hunter! And not those who really wish the prize.

SpiritWind00
07-30-18, 02:09 PM
@Spiritwind

I love your enthusiasm and hopefulness in post 3 but alas, currently level 5, 8 energy drop, is as high as the Wizard’s Portal goes.
I love the word "alas":) yes hope springs eternal Ash! Lol

Now I bring news of the delivery system - it's still broken but is under investigation. I'll post again when I hear further updates.

FlowerBurst
07-30-18, 02:11 PM

Purchased mine on the first day but no luck so far! I was lured in when they indicated that there was a CHANCE for it to drop trade tickets. I expected something by now! They probably need to disclose that there is a RARE CHANCE for it to drop trade tickets.

llj_sea
07-30-18, 02:21 PM
SpiritWind or those in touch with S8, do you know whether the wizard portal will continue to be available after the hunt ends? I started the event almost maxed on troll tokens and so purchased the wizard portal right away. Now trying to decide, if I get there, whether to buy a second or upgrade. If it will stay until you have 2, I'd rather hold off on the second for now.

riverly
07-30-18, 02:30 PM
To make things simple.. I battle both not to get bored! A group of one, then the other. Seems less crazy that way.. even if it's crazy anyway.. lol!

What does hurt and I know for sure others players have the same problem.. is this combined LB with Gold Token Hunting which causes a negative outcome. I'm way up on the LB and don't care even a little bit for the crowned lion. I don't even like it.. but hoarding my gold is punishing all others on the LB who are interested in receiving the Lion.

The tasks should really be seperated. Players are spending large amounts of $ to keep up with the crazy gold hunters, who on their side can only collect more and more during the seasons.

Who wins? The crazy hunter! And not those who really wish the prize.What do you mean by "hoarding your gold"? Does that mean that you cash the swords, helms.shields .as you get them?

SpiritWind00
07-30-18, 02:31 PM
I'll bet my warm woolly socks it will stay! There is no expiry on the craft and whilst I don't have confirmation, the only crafts you can't do outside Monster Hunts is craft tokens. All other crafts remain in the Trade Wagon and MRC till done. :) (I'll see what I can find out!)

MoonVillage3
07-30-18, 03:16 PM
What do you mean by "hoarding your gold"? Does that mean that you cash the swords, helms.shields .as you get them?

By saying "hoarding my gold" I mean collecting, using, stashing away as many 'gold' tokens as I can.

I'm not a LB racer.. I'm a gold token hunter as I'd like to complete all goals possible in the MCR. LB/racing against fellow neighbours and friends is not my style of play. I love Monster Hunt events and strongly dislike LBs.. but forced to race as there's no other way of crafting tokens if not during LBs. Withholding from participating LBs is not a solution for any kingdom, as there is no other possibility in the game to 'craft' gold tokens.

Sword crafting etc.. I tried a couple out of curiosity, and saw delay problems in delivering. Hope for whoever needs this option there will be a fix in time as will cause much anger and complaints for racers.

riverly
07-30-18, 04:38 PM
By saying "hoarding my gold" I mean collecting, using, stashing away as many 'gold' tokens as I can.

I'm not a LB racer.. I'm a gold token hunter as I'd like to complete all goals possible in the MCR. LB/racing against fellow neighbours and friends is not my style of play. I love Monster Hunt events and strongly dislike LBs.. but forced to race as there's no other way of crafting tokens if not during LBs. Withholding from participating LBs is not a solution for any kingdom, as there is no other possibility in the game to 'craft' gold tokens.

Sword crafting etc.. I tried a couple out of curiosity, and saw delay problems in delivering. Hope for whoever needs this option there will be a fix in time as will cause much anger and complaints for racers.Ah. Now I see what you're saying. Yes, the gold hoarders unintentionally jump up on the LB.

Bybrr
07-30-18, 07:03 PM
Just a reminder:
Don?t forget to collect from Princess Lorelei?s Fountain, it drops gold tokens during the Monster hunt

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS! AHHHH! And now my phone is broken so I am out of the current hunt. Not a happy camper.

I finished my fountain about half way through the hunt and have collected every time it's ready but have not seen anything useful, no tokens, not even a mermaid scale.

Update: Ok, I got a mermaid scale...

mistycarrie
07-30-18, 07:43 PM
I finished my fountain about half way through the hunt and have collected every time it's ready but have not seen anything useful, no tokens, not even a mermaid scale.

I finished mine half way through and have had about 5 gold tokens off it so far

llj_sea
07-30-18, 08:07 PM
I'll bet my warm woolly socks it will stay! There is no expiry on the craft and whilst I don't have confirmation, the only crafts you can't do outside Monster Hunts is craft tokens. All other crafts remain in the Trade Wagon and MRC till done. :) (I'll see what I can find out!)

Thanks

Bybrr
07-30-18, 09:14 PM
I finished mine half way through and have had about 5 gold tokens off it so far

Wow, congrats. Maybe I'm not crossing the right fingers when I click... I'll keep trying.

Update: My fountain gave me gold token...and a mermaid scale! Yeah!

jbfps116
07-31-18, 04:00 AM
is it just me or is it better to get 2 wizard portals then to upgrade one to level 5?!

jesslc41
07-31-18, 04:54 AM

This is interesting - your kingdom must have different drop rates to mine. I always get more staff tokens than sword tokens from each golem. Always. Typically I get 1.5 - 2 times more staff tokens than sword tokens. If I fought 5 golems I would end up with something like 40 swords and 70 staffs. (Boars are also imbalanced with more staffs than swords). I've been fighting lions as well simply to even out the sword/staff imbalance I always end up with.

zoroak
07-31-18, 04:59 AM
is it just me or is it better to get 2 wizard portals then to upgrade one to level 5?!

Yes in terms of getting enough spellbound dew to craft material required to upgrade the portal to 5 but no in long term as you need to click twice instead of once to get the same amount of energy.

ladyperidot
07-31-18, 05:04 AM
SpiritWind - did S8 ever say whether they’d fixed the issue with farm houses not dropping the masks of the kings since this last event started? I collected from mine today to see and git no masks, but did get wooden coins. Those were for the last event.
Thx

Andro45
07-31-18, 05:04 AM
What to get first: the cabbage hut or the mythic research center? When I get the MRC, I doubt I'll ever get enough tokens for the cabbage hut....Choices, choices.

Dinatized
07-31-18, 07:25 AM
What to get first: the cabbage hut or the mythic research center? When I get the MRC, I doubt I'll ever get enough tokens for the cabbage hut....Choices, choices.

I did the center first and after that the cabbage hut.

zoroak
07-31-18, 07:37 AM

If you have at least 25 gold troll tokens left by the end of this hunt, you can immediately craft a unicorn with the MRC, if not then you?ll have to wait awhile for the next hunt. Baron?s game tent on average for me takes about 20 cabbages to get a prize, which you have to accumulate 1/day and there are no alicorns in the tent this month so you?ll need to wait a little for this as well.

Andro45
07-31-18, 07:54 AM
If you have at least 25 gold troll tokens left by the end of this hunt, you can immediately craft a unicorn with the MRC, if not then you?ll have to wait awhile for the next hunt. Baron?s game tent on average for me takes about 20 cabbages to get a prize, which you have to accumulate 1/day and there are no alicorns in the tent this month so you?ll need to wait a little for this as well.

Does the unicorn drop tokens in between hunts or only during hunts? I will have a couple of troll tokens left after buying either building, but not 25. I will have to wait anyway. This is a game of patience ;)

zoroak
07-31-18, 08:01 AM
Does the unicorn drop tokens in between hunts or only during hunts? I will have a couple of troll tokens left after buying either building, but not 25. I will have to wait anyway. This is a game of patience ;)

Unicorn drops I think 4 energy and also spellbound dew but not tokens between hunts (someone can correct me if I’m wrong). It does drop tokens during the hunt. Only the beastbane display drops tokens between hunts.

MoonVillage3
07-31-18, 09:05 AM
Unicorn drops I think 4 energy and also spellbound dew but not tokens between hunts (someone can correct me if I’m wrong). It does drop tokens during the hunt. Only the beastbane display drops tokens between hunts.
They don't drop constantly, but there's a 'chance' they drop between hunts, gold tokens too, even if rare.

Bailey80503
07-31-18, 09:07 AM
Unicorns do indeed drop tokens between the hunt. They also drop energies - anywhere from 4 to 100. And spellbound dews.

MoonVillage3
07-31-18, 09:14 AM

The MCR is more important as we can craft many energy supplying animals, but out of season without much token supplies .. it can't be used.
So I would suggest the Cabbage Hut so you can 'collect' cabbages in the hope of buying something nice or even an Ali if they pass by.

MoonVillage3
07-31-18, 09:51 AM
This is interesting - your kingdom must have different drop rates to mine. I always get more staff tokens than sword tokens from each golem. Always. Typically I get 1.5 - 2 times more staff tokens than sword tokens. If I fought 5 golems I would end up with something like 40 swords and 70 staffs. (Boars are also imbalanced with more staffs than swords). I've been fighting lions as well simply to even out the sword/staff imbalance I always end up with.
Mine too are Staff tokens that are abundant, like three times as much as the Shield token drops. Each time I craft a Gold token, it's the Swords that are missing and need topping off. I do battle the Faun from the orange flowers.. or the Wisp to help even off. Unfortunately my Lion doesn't give me much Sword tokens.

29vanilla
07-31-18, 12:07 PM
Mine too are Staff tokens that are abundant, like three times as much as the Shield token drops. Each time I craft a Gold token, it's the Swords that are missing and need topping off. I do battle the Faun from the orange flowers.. or the Wisp to help even off. Unfortunately my Lion doesn't give me much Sword tokens.

Same here. Unless I battle lions (which only gives 2 swords usually). If I don’t battle lions and only battle blue boar and or golems my staff:sword ratio is typically a 40 sword deficit. But right now there’s a difference of 50!! I used to try and battle the dire boars from ponds and strawberries but that seems to be an energy waste. And if I recall, the boars were the ones to battle to help close the wide gap of staff:swords. It seems there’s been an adjustment in the sword drop rates since we are now able to spawn more than one each day.

29vanilla
07-31-18, 12:09 PM
So I’ve reached the 99 gold tokens. Narrowing down my purchase. Should I buy the wizard portal or 3 more unicorns? I currently have one unicorn.

mantha_501
07-31-18, 12:13 PM
In my MRC, I do not have the option to craft either Lorelei's Fountain or an armoured unicorn.... do these come after certain goals...? I am a level 50 player x

koalamama3
07-31-18, 12:30 PM
Hi. Can everyone tell me if the armoured lion is really worth getting?? Not only does it require 20 hard-earning gold tokens but also 30 gold nuggets; yet only seem to drop 1-3 trading tickets drop out of 5 w/22hr wait time. I already got 2 unicorns, 1 armoured + glimmerdust Ali, don't care for flygers & direwolves. Would it be wiser to go for cabbage hut instead or get the armour lion?? Thank u and happy hunting!

29vanilla
07-31-18, 12:56 PM
Hi. Can everyone tell me if the armoured lion is really worth getting?? Not only does it require 20 hard-earning gold tokens but also 30 gold nuggets; yet only seem to drop 1-3 trading tickets drop out of 5 w/22hr wait time. I already got 2 unicorns, 1 armoured + glimmerdust Ali, don't care for flygers & direwolves. Would it be wiser to go for cabbage hut instead or get the armour lion?? Thank u and happy hunting!

Always a personal decision, but I’d go for the hut first. Sometimes S8 offers random chance of Alicorns in the tent. I have 2 huts and just save and save my cabbages 1 each day. Lol. But it adds up. I don’t think I’ve bought any deco, can’t recall. Some people like to collect deco items and some are very nice, but I just wait for alicorns or other useful resource items (which is also helpful). Go to the hub to see what is typically offered. I’ve gained several Alicorns this way. Awesome!

29vanilla
07-31-18, 01:18 PM
So I’ve reached the 99 gold tokens. Narrowing down my purchase. Should I buy the wizard portal or 3 more unicorns? I currently have one unicorn.

Doing more brain calculations: if I recall correctly, each gold troll token is 50 gems???? So 50x85 = 4,250 gems! Not to mention the tokens required to upgrade. Maybe I’m over thinking this one. Idk. Lol help me out math wizards.

Andro45
07-31-18, 02:41 PM
In my MRC, I do not have the option to craft either Lorelei's Fountain or an armoured unicorn.... do these come after certain goals...? I am a level 50 player x

You'd need to get the sapphires first, they are in the trade wagon. Lorelei's fountain isn't crafted in the MRC. I don't know about the armoured unicorn.

As for my problems choosing the hut or the MRC, I do have the beastbane display.

eastie41
07-31-18, 03:37 PM
Hi!

Can someone explain what the beast master does. I read that it is good for one hour after spending 7 gems. Thanks

AnnirasSweets
07-31-18, 04:35 PM
Hi!

Can someone explain what the beast master does. I read that it is good for one hour after spending 7 gems. Thanks

It's just another way of referring to the LB boost that doubles points. You either buy it by clicking the arrow next to your name on the LB Ranks page or by going to the LB shop tab and purchasing it there, both are the same price (10 gems/7 gems on sale). Once you've purchased it--it acts just like the elven harvest boost does -- by taking whatever points you earn within the hour and doubling them before adding them to your LB score.

janddolphins
07-31-18, 06:01 PM
Can someone put up a list or direct me to one of all animals that can help with expansions? Don?t get me wrong, I LOVE my energy givers, but I still have quite a bit of land to cover!

I was tempted by the portal but perhaps another time as I just don?t really have an energy issue (aside from that mermaid quest which stole my energy and money! Lol) otherwise usually Wednesday night after a weekly I try to have minimum 500 to start event and can get 400-600 a day without trying, more if I need.

Now permits. That I can?t control as much. I?ve kicked myself for instance did not know peacock dropped and rarely clicked him, so plan on making a section for these animals so I don?t forget to tap them and they are kept together

All info is helpful, good luck with remainder!

GiselleX16
07-31-18, 06:53 PM
Just got my third expansion permit in a week from my two white Flygers. More than makes up for not getting anything interesting from my new armored lion.

eastie41
07-31-18, 06:53 PM
It's just another way of referring to the LB boost that doubles points. You either buy it by clicking the arrow next to your name on the LB Ranks page or by going to the LB shop tab and purchasing it there, both are the same price (10 gems/7 gems on sale). Once you've purchased it--it acts just like the elven harvest boost does -- by taking whatever points you earn within the hour and doubling them before adding them to your LB score.

Thanks! Appreciate your explanation.

SpiritWind00
07-31-18, 07:38 PM
Can someone put up a list or direct me to one of all animals that can help with expansions? Don?t get me wrong, I LOVE my energy givers, but I still have quite a bit of land to cover!

I was tempted by the portal but perhaps another time as I just don?t really have an energy issue (aside from that mermaid quest which stole my energy and money! Lol) otherwise usually Wednesday night after a weekly I try to have minimum 500 to start event and can get 400-600 a day without trying, more if I need.

Now permits. That I can?t control as much. I?ve kicked myself for instance did not know peacock dropped and rarely clicked him, so plan on making a section for these animals so I don?t forget to tap them and they are kept together

All info is helpful, good luck with remainder!
You can look at the Inventory Guide under "expansion permits" for a current list. :) I'm pretty much up to date with the guides at the moment. The Monster Hunt HUB thread has a summary of the animal info and their drops if you need it too.

federerGOAT
07-31-18, 10:43 PM
Anyone planning to go for the royal lion?
I'm undecided at the moment.

The armored lion has pretty underwhelming drops, so I haven't been that hard at it for the gold tokens.
As a result I'm middling in my LB. I like that the royal lion drops permits, so I'm leaning towards going for the boost and see if I can finish top 2.
Top of the leaderboard has 14000+ and I'm only 6000.

Doable with trades in hand?

MoonVillage3
07-31-18, 10:50 PM
Anyone planning to go for the royal lion?
I'm undecided at the moment.

The armored lion has pretty underwhelming drops, so I haven't been that hard at it for the gold tokens.
As a result I'm middling in my LB. I like that the royal lion drops permits, so I'm leaning towards going for the boost and see if I can finish top 2.
Top of the leaderboard has 14000+ and I'm only 6000.

Doable with trades in hand?

To give an opinion it would be necessary to know also the score of 2nd position?

federerGOAT
07-31-18, 11:02 PM
To give an opinion it would be necessary to know also the score of 2nd position?
2nd-6th is ~7500-6000+.

I did a quick calculation, if trades go well during the boost, and I can unload them all, I will get to 13000+.
Still have 3000 energy left so can go all out during that one hour boost as well.

I just feel kinda bad for "sniping" as it were. The last leaderboard event I was always in the top two, and so didn't feel bad for using the boost at the death to ensure I finished top two.

mantha_501
07-31-18, 11:11 PM
You'd need to get the sapphires first, they are in the trade wagon. Lorelei's fountain isn't crafted in the MRC. I don't know about the armoured unicorn.

As for my problems choosing the hut or the MRC, I do have the beastbane display.

Thank you so much! I am such a donut.... I see everyone go on about it for ages and kept wondering why I did not have it, read your reply and was not in my trade wagon either, so just been through my inventory and it has been in there the whole time!! 🤦🏻*♀️🙈 kicking myself right now! 😝

MoonVillage3
07-31-18, 11:33 PM
2nd-6th is ~7500-6000+.

I did a quick calculation, if trades go well during the boost, and I can unload them all, I will get to 13000+.
Still have 3000 energy left so can go all out during that one hour boost as well.

I just feel kinda bad for "sniping" as it were. The last leaderboard event I was always in the top two, and so didn't feel bad for using the boost at the death to ensure I finished top two.

Judging the figures you're in a good position to try.. but keep 2 things in mind.
Is the Lion worth it? I haven't seen his drops or pop-ups stating drops anywhere.
Note you're not getting expansion permits, only tickets of which you can't even craft an expansion permit.

For only 7gems it's worth the try.. it's not much loss and you'd be using up stuff you won't need in your inventory anymore. Crafting more tokens is in your favor and you do get back some gem drops to repay what you've spent.

Personally speaking I would NOT buy 'value packs' as it would be cheaper to buy the permits needed for expanding. 1 pack would give you app 1820 points 'with' boost activated.

Just close your eyes on the positions on the LB and unload what you have.. whichever way it goes, positive is you've crafted at least 20 GOLD Troll Tokens more.. in an hour.
Do before the last hour ticks, so you won't have memorizing problems on the server.

I simply suggest.. head for crafting more Tokens, and activate a simple boost.

federerGOAT
08-01-18, 01:11 AM
Is the Lion worth it? I haven't seen his drops or pop-ups stating drops anywhere.

One of the S8 members said the royal lion drops "expansion supllies".
I took it to mean expansion permits/lanterns etc.

idkat
08-01-18, 02:35 AM
This has been one of the better hunts in terms of managing to get gold tokens. the fountain is also being more helpful then usually. I have some tokens but don't know what to craft? My only need is expansion permit or trade tickets. The armoured lion is supposed to drop tickets, and people are saying the armoured flyer has a chance (very rare) of a permit. Also lots of talk about the white flyger. At the time we had a choice for yellow or white - am I remembering that correctly? - anyway I got the yellow flyger and while it does drop earth wisps I certainly don't believe I have ever seem a permit. I also missed out on the dire wolf even though I play often, so I am very keen to get something that will help with expansions. Can anyone offer some advice? Spellbound dew is my second biggest issue.

MoonVillage3
08-01-18, 02:45 AM
One of the S8 members said the royal lion drops "expansion supllies".
I took it to mean expansion permits/lanterns etc.

Had a look.. I missed that small mention. So it should be similar to the Flygers&Co.

MoonVillage3
08-01-18, 03:36 AM
This has been one of the better hunts in terms of managing to get gold tokens. the fountain is also being more helpful then usually. I have some tokens but don't know what to craft? My only need is expansion permit or trade tickets. The armoured lion is supposed to drop tickets, and people are saying the armoured flyer has a chance (very rare) of a permit. Also lots of talk about the white flyger. At the time we had a choice for yellow or white - am I remembering that correctly? - anyway I got the yellow flyger and while it does drop earth wisps I certainly don't believe I have ever seem a permit. I also missed out on the dire wolf even though I play often, so I am very keen to get something that will help with expansions. Can anyone offer some advice? Spellbound dew is my second biggest issue.

Yes I agree this Hunt has been well planned to allow players a chance to collect Gold Tokens. There are so many needed for crafting in the MCR, there are never enough.
I would suggest the Armored Flyger. Yes the permit drops are rare, but looking at the extremely slow situation in order to craft one permit, it's always a help and welcomed when it does drop, included the lanterns.
So far I have not judged the Armored Lion as anything special (considering all the Gold Nuggets needed to craft one) only once in 10 days of collecting I've seen the 3 trade tickets, which is only a tiny bit of what's needed to craft a permit.. so not so special.. yet!
For Spellbound Dew.. the Unicorns would help. They drop out of season Hunting Tokens too along with energy. Whoever crafted them are happy with them.

Hope that helps you decide.

freesiawoods
08-01-18, 04:51 AM

Pardon me but which peacock drops expansion permits? No mention of it in the inventory guide.

jbfps116
08-01-18, 05:26 AM
the only animals that have a chance for permits are white, and armored flygers, and the dire wolf [not the white one]

MisterBlu
08-01-18, 05:26 AM
Is the Beast Statue just for this monster hunt or will it function in future hunts?

fish63
08-01-18, 08:17 AM
Still no fix on deliveries! Can’t find my last post. At least they could give us an answer. This is so wrong. Have spent to much on this game. Maybe I need to take a break!

jkc619
08-01-18, 09:14 AM
I have been fighting purple golems, then blue boar and then throw a lion in about every other time. I am getting 9 gold tokens a day-I seem to get one every time I do the above combo with some tokens left over to help with the start of the next one. Of course, I am doing the shield tokens as needed and they throw out sword and staff tokens sometimes also. Every monster seems to take about half of their total hits in energy.

llj_sea
08-01-18, 11:38 AM

Spirit wind - were you able to get an answer. Looks like I'll have enough to get a 2nd portal but would rather upgrade if it will be there later. Thanks.

MoonVillage3
08-01-18, 11:45 AM
Is the Beast Statue just for this monster hunt or will it function in future hunts?
Just for this hunt.

Dancemom79
08-01-18, 12:12 PM
Always a personal decision, but I?d go for the hut first. Sometimes S8 offers random chance of Alicorns in the tent. I have 2 huts and just save and save my cabbages 1 each day. Lol. But it adds up. I don?t think I?ve bought any deco, can?t recall. Some people like to collect deco items and some are very nice, but I just wait for alicorns or other useful resource items (which is also helpful). Go to the hub to see what is typically offered. I?ve gained several Alicorns this way. Awesome!

Side question - in the trade wagon it says that you can get a "2nd cabbage hut". Does that mean you have to have already bought one with Gems to get the trade? Or can you get the huts exclusively from troll tokens? I don't spend a cent of real money on the game, so 450 gems isn't going to happen, considering how many I lose from impulsively over-tapping beasts! (gem trapped).

AnnirasSweets
08-01-18, 01:14 PM
Side question - in the trade wagon it says that you can get a "2nd cabbage hut". Does that mean you have to have already bought one with Gems to get the trade? Or can you get the huts exclusively from troll tokens? I don't spend a cent of real money on the game, so 450 gems isn't going to happen, considering how many I lose from impulsively over-tapping beasts! (gem trapped).

You do not have to purchase the Cabbage Hut from the market in order to get one from the Trade Wagon. Though you can only get one Cabbage Hut from each location so if you do the trade first and want a second Cabbage Hut later, you'll have to purchase the second hut from the Market.

I found this information from the Monster Hunt section of the HUB:https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95433 If you have more questions, it's likely to be found there.

sblsn
08-01-18, 01:35 PM
I am gutted, got a load more lb items made to trade in with a boost tonight, but my internet has gone down and won't be up for a day or 2. Everything else I can play on mobile internet, but not cs. Why???? 😭 I have 4g, but no, cs refuses to accept this as an internet connection. I can post on the forum, but cannot play the game. Gutted.

MoonVillage3
08-01-18, 01:41 PM
We're allowed max cap of 2 Huts and can craft both by using Troll Tokens. Some players use their gems gained in the game.. others in a hurry spend $$. It's a personal choice which way you prefer to acquire the huts.

EDITED TO ADD:
I see Anniras post above answering the same question after I posted.. but I don't really remember spending gems to buy one of my Huts. It's a long time ago I have both, but I don't believe I paid $ for one of them. Would have been a huge amount for me too.. :confused:

federerGOAT
08-01-18, 01:48 PM
I am gutted, got a load more lb items made to trade in with a boost tonight, but my internet has gone down and won't be up for a day or 2. Everything else I can play on mobile internet, but not cs. Why???? �� I have 4g, but no, cs refuses to accept this as an internet connection. I can post on the forum, but cannot play the game. Gutted.

Have you given "permission" for CS to use mobile data?
Check in your mobile data settings.
It can be a pretty data intensive app, especially if items haven't already been cached.

MoonVillage3
08-01-18, 01:48 PM
I am gutted, got a load more lb items made to trade in with a boost tonight, but my internet has gone down and won't be up for a day or 2. Everything else I can play on mobile internet, but not cs. Why???? �� I have 4g, but no, cs refuses to accept this as an internet connection. I can post on the forum, but cannot play the game. Gutted.

Try storing all you can at the moment in your kingdom. Turn off all other apps on your device and keep open only CS. Eventually disinstall game and reload again.. it will be much 'lighter' and maybe load.
Good Luck!

sblsn
08-01-18, 01:55 PM
The cabbage hut in the market was always gems, I think it was half price or reduced by some amount for a week or something when it first came out.

sblsn
08-01-18, 01:56 PM
Ty moonvillage and federergoat, I'll try!

Edit: no luck, searched my settings for ages but still cannot get on, and therefore cannot store stuff! Its not like I'm on an old phone, its a galaxy s8 and I only have a couple of games on it! Have never been able to play on mobile data since I got it, yet could with my older phone 🤨

federerGOAT
08-01-18, 02:46 PM

Edit: no luck, searched my settings for ages but still cannot get on, and therefore cannot store stuff! Its not like I'm on an old phone, its a galaxy s8 and I only have a couple of games on it! Have never been able to play on mobile data since I got it, yet could with my older phone ��

Go to "settings"
Then select "Apps"
Then "castle story"
Then "mobile data"
And "Allow app while Data saver on".

SpiritWind00
08-01-18, 02:57 PM
making post in colour to stand out.

I really sorry but haven't heard anything further about the deliveries or confirmation of the portal staying in the Wagon. I'll check again if there is a fix coming before the event ends.

sblsn
08-01-18, 03:18 PM
Go to "settings"
Then select "Apps"
Then "castle story"
Then "mobile data"
And "Allow app while Data saver on".

I did that, still no joy. Ty for trying to help.

Andro45
08-01-18, 03:59 PM

Edit: no luck, searched my settings for ages but still cannot get on, and therefore cannot store stuff! Its not like I'm on an old phone, its a galaxy s8 and I only have a couple of games on it! Have never been able to play on mobile data since I got it, yet could with my older phone 🤨

I'd say, if you still have your old phone somewhere and you really want to, get it out of storage and connect that one. Ifyou still have it, I bet your games are on it as well. Maybe you need to update first. Just a thought (i would do it :cool:).

PrincessCelestian
08-01-18, 04:41 PM
I am gutted, got a load more lb items made to trade in with a boost tonight, but my internet has gone down and won't be up for a day or 2. Everything else I can play on mobile internet, but not cs. Why???? 😭 I have 4g, but no, cs refuses to accept this as an internet connection. I can post on the forum, but cannot play the game. Gutted.

Do you have mobile data turned off for CS? That would be your problem if so.

idrispad
08-01-18, 05:18 PM
I can’t get into my game either. I have Internet for other games but not CS. Really upset.

I keep being told I have no internet connection and yet I can post here and pay other games. First and only time I’m in a favourable time zone and I can’t get in.

topmom952
08-01-18, 05:54 PM
Well, MH almost over. Very successful for me. I got Lorelei's Fountain (from which I have gotten 4 gold coins) and have 60 gold towards my Cabbage Hut.:D

bobbyrae
08-01-18, 06:19 PM
I can’t get into my game either. I have Internet for other games but not CS. Really upset.

I keep being told I have no internet connection and yet I can post here and pay other games. First and only time I’m in a favourable time zone and I can’t get in.

This was happening to me earlier too. Very frustrating.

bakerygame99
08-01-18, 06:39 PM
Although most of us dislike having LB with MH as it may involve gemming and competition in order to win the grand prize, but the fact that S8 continue having LB which would means LB may bring a good income to them. For this MH, i appreciate S8 has make improvement to satisfy players which are mainly hunting for gold token and prizes in MRC and trade wagon:

*allowing blue dire boars to appear more than once
*allowing drops of sword token after defeating beast master
*creating new beast in MRC similar to the grand prize
*creating new enery gaining wizard portals
*prolong MH period

For this MH, I have gained a Wizard Portals, a Lorelei's fountain, a 2nd cabbage huts which i am quite satified. I would like to suggest further improvement to MH as follows:

*allows a second "trade wagon" in order for us to craft items which may takes a long time to finish
*increase the cap of 99 gold token
*improve the rewards for "third grand prize" for LB
*throw in some crown rewards along with the main goal
*allowing a trade of "staff token" in trade wagon

Thanks

bobbyrae
08-01-18, 06:50 PM
If the cap won’t be increased, I’d like to see a trade for either only staff or sword tokens just as there is a trade for only shield tokens. I kept maxing out on staff tokens and couldn’t do anything about it since I was always woefully low on sword tokens.

janddolphins
08-01-18, 07:55 PM
You can look at the Inventory Guide under "expansion permits" for a current list. :) I'm pretty much up to date with the guides at the moment. The Monster Hunt HUB thread has a summary of the animal info and their drops if you need it too.

Thanks, must have missed it. Will check alone. See how many depending what I can buy with what I made, plus beasrbane if I?m short a bit I can always wait. The dire wolf has become a joke. When it first came, I was few short of enough. Now I can afford it but I wait for next hunt in case there is something better and there is again.

So do others prefer expansion helping over energy animals everytime or do you prefer a mix of both? And does it mske a different as to which expansion animal to get? For example I saw a couple good comments for white flyer, but nothing about peacock. So not sure if 4 of all wil Help.

cccymaaa
08-01-18, 08:53 PM
I have Samsung S8 too, and game is way more slower on it than my old S6 and I don’t even have any other game install on it. So, I mostly play on my iPad.
Well, it was an enjoyable MH for me. I made my armored lion 2nd day but still have to see a single trade ticket. I made an armored wolf too. My fountain didn’t gave much token either (hardly 4/5). My army of daily unicorn were very stingy too. Last couple of events wiped my energy reserve so, it was a issue.
I was overall 3rd or 4th on LB, but used the boost at the end to submit the weapons and ended up at 2nd. I was only 190 points short. It took half hour to fight just a golem and 1 and half blue boar on my phone since I was at work, and game was just keep resetting. Still got the Gold banner, and 15 tickets. Would have appreciate the energy box more than 50,000 points though.

jesslc41
08-01-18, 10:06 PM
I made 2 unicorns and have an armored alicorn crafting. I'm happy with that.

All my gold hunting had me sitting in 2nd place on my LB - I was fully expecting to get sniped while I slept through the last 6 hrs but apparently my bracket wasn't really competitive (apart from the first place person who zoomed ahead and stayed there). I only had about 700-800 points more than third when I went to bed but that turned out to be enough, so now I also have a royal lion. Well, hopefully it will actually give something useful. The other lion hasn't been great so far as I don't really need more earth wisps.