PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SpiritWind00
07-12-18, 04:37 AM
The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf
Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html): compare where you are with United States-California-San Francisco

Game level: Level 15/17+
Release date: 13 July. You will have 10 days to complete the event. Auto start may only be 24 hours after release.

Please follow the forum posting rules or your post may be removed.

If your post contains feedback about this event, your post will be moved to the Suggestion forum - .

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Events Work in the Hub. (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378)

https://i.imgur.com/yTwJSAC.jpg
Tips about the Event
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Complete the Fabled Fawn Storybook event goals and win the Horn of the Fawnicorn!
* If you complete the Fabled Fawn Storybook event, you will win the Horn.
* Use the Horn to craft either the Fawnicorn or the Enchanted Fawnicorn in the Magic Forge BEFORE 7/23 @ 6PM PT.
* The Horn craft takes 3 hours and must be collected prior to the end of the event. (edit to add you still have a small window still left to craft the Fawnicorn once you get the horn.) (added colour and emphasis)

Fawnicorn - 10 Meadow Sap, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust
Enchanted Fawnicorn - 10 Sunburst Petals, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust

This event rewards 350 crowns if you complete all of it.

Longswords: Found: Jousting arena, Thurston's house, Adult Bijou Dragon, Adult Flare Dragon, Adult Matrix Dragon, Destrier, Rouncey, Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Troll Training Ground, Armored Fire Dragon, Armored Ice Dragon, Faerie Dragon, Fire Fox, Desert Palace, Jousting Steed, Spring Dragon, Glen the Frog Prince, Aquamarine Dragon (Baron's Tent), Dark Knight's Steed, Light Knight's Steed, Glimmer Dragon, Dark Onyx Dragon, ghost knight, shattered wyvern, scorched wyvern, Mothraki Knight, Interpret the Knight (mystic card), Silver fae dragon, Tide Dragon, Guard dog, Aquatic Dragon, Aquatic Wyvern, Blossom Dojo

SpiritWind00
07-12-18, 04:38 AM
The Fabled Fawn Goals
Lower level players will have different requirements than those listed in some goals. Example: you need a L3 tavern and will give fur not boar pelts.

Chapter 1: Old Thomas: Oh, there you are! Young Ruler, I need your help finding a book. I cannot remember where I placed it. Would you mind helping me look for it?
Chapter 1:
Goal 1 Search market places 0/4 VISIT (skip 100 gems)
Goal 2 Search cottages 0/10 VISIT (skip 100 gems)
Goal 3 Search farmhouses 0/10 VISIT (skip 50 gems)

Chapter 2: Ivy: I heard Old Thomas is looking for a copy of The Fabled Fawn, the library should have a copy! You should read it. It's one of my favorite stories.
Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Search the library 0/1 SEARCH (skip 10 gems)
Goal 2 Find Old Thomas's book 0/1 FIND (skip 50 gems) | if you find the book at the first visit to the library, this goal will autocomplete.
Goal 3 Begin the Fabled Fawn 0/1 GIVE (skip 50 gems)

Chapter 3: Ah, I see you have found it. Please allow me to share with you the story of the Fabled Fawn. It started long ago, in the valley of an enchanted meadow. Sunburst Flowers grew throughout the fields...
Chapter 3:
Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas's House 0/1 VISIT (skip 20 gems)
Goal 2 Explore the Enchanted Meadow 0/1 EXPLORE | Castle, 1.5 hours - 1 simple feast, 3 longswords, 1000 coins | The adventure drops Sunburst Seeds and Meadow Tree Seeds (drops not guaranteed)
Goal 3 Gather Sunburst Seeds 0/3 FIND (skip 60 gems)
Note: The time on the adventure shows 2 hours, but it is only 1.5 hours

Chapter 4: Old Thomas: A young wizard sought to summon an enchanted beast; The Fawnicorn. No one had seen a Fawnicorn in the land for hundreds of years, but the young wizard was determined to attract one.
Chapter 4:
Goal 1 Grow a Sunburst flower 0/1 GO | Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Sunburst Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust
Goal 2 Grow a Meadow Tree 0/1 GO | Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Meadow Tree Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust
Goal 3 Tend to the Sunburst Flowers 0/5 GO (skip 10 gems)
Note: The time shows 2 hours on the craft, but it is only 1.5 hours
Note: DO NOT tend all 5 sunburst flower if you want to continue to collect the meadow sap from the meadow tree. Just collect 4 and leave the last collection till after the new game day.
Note: Go on as many adventures as you can for additional seeds.

Chapter 5: Old Thomas: The young wizard tried various potions, and searched the valleys high and low. The townspeople called him a fool for believing in the children's tale, Still, he did not waiver, for those who can summon the Fawnicorn will be blessed with good luck and adventure.
Chapter 5:
Goal 1 Gather Sunburst Blossoms 0/25 GO (skip 125 gems) | collect from Sunburst Flowers | ones in inventory will count
Goal 2 Gather Meadow Sap 0/25 GO (skip 100 gems)| collect from Meadow Trees | ones in inventory will count
Goal 3 Brew a Meadow Potion 0/1 BREW (skip 75 gems) | Potion Shop, 3 hours - 25 Sunburst Blossoms, 25 Meadow Sap, 3 Enchanters Essence
Note: You can collect meadow sap beforehand if you do not complete Chapter 4.

Chapter 6: Old Thomas: the valleys were fraught with peril, but the young wizard carried on. For the Fawnicorn to return, they would need to defeat its greatest enemy: the Meadow Wolf.
Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Fight a Meadow Wolf 0/1 FIGHT (skip 15 gems) | Tend to Sunburst Flowers or Meadow Trees only | 10/10 hits to defeat Reward: 1x Meadow Wolf Trap
Goal 2 Use a Meadow Wolf Trap 0/1 GO | You will find the trap in your inventory. Force close if not there.
Goal 3 Fight Meadow Wolves 0/20 GO (skip 300 gems) | they only spawn from sunburst flowers and meadow trees for this goal. The drop rate seems to been raised a little now.

The Meadow Wolf will spawn from Meadow Trees, Sunburst Flowers, Farmhouses, Cottages AFTER Chapter 6.

Chapter 7: Old Thomas: the young wizard searched through many lands, but to no avail. They would need more than magic to rid the valleys of the Meadow Wolves. They decided to seek the help of a young knight.
Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Visit Community Kingdoms 0/20 (skip 200 gems)
Goal 2 Ask for Community Keys 0/10 ASK | if you have 10 keys in inventory, this goal will autocomplete
Goal 3 Visit Sir Thurston's Fort 0/1 GO (skip 16 gems)
Note: Meadow Wolves will spawn in between this and the next chapter.

Chapter 8: The wizard and knight fought many battles together, and celebrated their victories. With the Meadow Wolves nearly gone, they would have but one task left to complete...
Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Defeat any Monster 0/10 (slip 50 gems) | use the troll sparing pit, prison and lair of beasts for guaranteed spawns
Goal 2 Give Boar Pelts 0/75 (skip 450 gems)
Goal 3 Visit the Tavern Level 6 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | Reward: 50 Crowns

Note: a L6 pirate tavern will not work.

Don't craft/use your keys asked for as you will need 20 in your inventory for Ch10 goal 1. After goals ticked off then craft your chest/s.

Chapter 9: Oh my, it seems that there are some pages missing from this book. We will need to find them in order to complete the story.
Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Defeat Meadow Wolves 0/15 (skip 225 gems) | spawn from Farmhouses, Cottages, Meadow Trees, Sunburst Flowers
Goal 2 Gather Meadow Pelts 0/70 GIVE (skip 420 gems) | drops from defeating Meadow Wolves, or from pet Meadow Wolf
Goal 3 Retrieve the Missing Page x1 (Defeat Meadow Wolf) Skip 120 gems | when the page drops the goal will complete, however, the page may not show in your inventory, but will show up in the Meadow when you craft the horn. | Reward:100 Crowns /Meadow of Fawnicorn unlocked (you don't get the horn until next goal complete)

Chapter 10: I see you have found the missing pages... Marvelous! Now where were we? Ah yes, the young wizard defeated the Meadow Wolves, and constructed a statue in honor of the Fawnicorn. He forged a magical horn to summon the creature, and returned it to the realm's valleys.
Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Ask Neighbors for Community Keys 0/20 | keep 20 from the previous day in inventory to complete this goal or you may become stuck.
Goal 2 Build the Meadow of Fawn 0/1 BUILD (skip 500 gems) | market, 500 coins. Build requirements: 50 jewels, 75 bone, 10 golden eggs, 20 meadow wolf fangs
Goal 3 Make the Horn of the Fawnicorn 0/1 FORGE (skip 500 gems) | Magic Forge, 3 hours - 5 earth wisp, 1 meadow potion, 1 missing page | Reward: 200 crowns

Coins stop dropping if you complete chapter 10!

SpiritWind00
The Meadow Wolf & Keys Information

Info from SgtBeebo @ Storm 8:
* This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you'll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop.
* The Meadow Wolf goals are an optional side goal for those who would like to obtain a Meadow Wolf pet.
* You can gain the Meadow Wolf by going through the goals and crafting the Coins in the Workshop.
* You can get Wood Coins from Sunburst Flowers (Fawnicorn Event Item), Market Places, Cottages, and Farmhouses.
* You can use the Wood Coins to up-convert to Bronze Coins, and so on.

Community Chests:
* If you ask neighbors for Keys, you can open Chests to get even more (various types) of Coins.
* The final Meadow Wolf goal will require 8 Gold Coins, and 3 Platinum Coins.

* There should now be a new quest now called "Community Keys", this will allow you to ask neighbors for keys even if you've asked for the daily 20. If you spend you keys to open chests, you can lose progress on this quest, but don't worry -- it doesn't count towards progression, it's simply there to act as a permanent way to ask your friends for more.

There should also be a quest rewarding players 20 keys live for the next 24 hours for those who missed out on their daily today.

Workshop
What can you craft?
Bronze coin - 5 minutes - 25 wood coins
Silver coin - 10 minutes - 8 bronze coins
Gold coin - 15 minutes - 5 silver coins
Platinum coin - 30 minutes - 2 gold coins
Meadow Wolf - 1 hour - 5 gold coin, 3 platinum coin

Basic community chest - 5 minutes - 5 community keys (neighbour requests)
Deluxe community chest - 5 minutes - 10 community keys
Premium community chest - 5 minutes - 20 community keys

Q: What can you get in The Premium chest?
A: It has a chance for Gold and Platinum coins.

Q: Why key craft should I do?
A: It is possibly a better strategy to do the Premium craft till you at least have your platinum coins first. The random factor of what drops makes this a difficult question to answer.

Q: Should I GIVE the coins through the goal book or CRAFT one?
A: Doing the goal ‘gives’ you a wolf, so you actually save that hour of crafting time. Then apparently the goal starts over.

Note: you can only craft two Meadow Wolves by way of the goal. You can still craft more in the workshops.

Community Keys - Daily Goals
Info from SpiritWind - looks like there has been quite a few glitches and changes in the first 24 hours and they have since been resolved. This is the daily goal where you can ask for keys.

Note: 200 is a random number. it is a fix so that we can still send neighbor requests even when we have 20 keys in inventory.

Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests! *This goal will NOT affect your progression.
Goal 1:
* Ask for Community Keys 0/200 GO
Rewards: n/a

The Meadow Wolf Goals
Note: coins you collect along the way will count towards any unforged/unused coin crafts.
Note: this goal is optional and will not impact on the Storybook event to craft the Fawn.

Note: Once you complete the goals, they will begin again! So, you can have multiple Meadow Wolfs!

Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win coins and earn prizes!
Goal 1:
* Ask for Community Keys 0/20 GO
Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: Now go open those chests!

Baron: First you'll need to find the first coin. I know it sounds simple, but trust me, you need my help!
Goal 2:
* Ask for Community Keys
* Open a basic community chest 0/1 GO
* Find a wood coin 0/25 GO
Congratulations: Baron: We mustn't stop at Wood! Could you imagine the number of Wood Coins you'd need to pay my wages? Ha!

Baron: I'm glad to see your interest in these lowly coins. It's always good to keep yourself occupied with a hobby!
Goal 3:
* Forge bronze coins 0/8 GO
* Forge a silver coin 0/1 GO (skip 5 gems)
Congratulations: Baron: How resourceful! You've made a better coin with the coin you had!

Baron: Pardon my temper... I just get so excited when I see gold! But you knew that about me. Silly old Baron!
Goal 4:
* Forge silver coins 0/5 GO (skip 25 gems)
* Forge a gold coin 0/14 GO (skip 5 gems)
Congratulations: Baron: All right, you've shown your s****s now. May I have coins now please?

Baron: Perhaps you've thought about putting you money into charity? Helping the needs barons of the world?
Goal 5:
* Forge gold coins 0/2 GO (skip 10 gems)
* Forge a platinum coin 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems)
Congratulations: Baron: One can only hope, even as your riches grow, you'll remember those who have been beside you from the beginning, with no ulterior motives of course!

Baron: It's ever so nice of you to give, Ruler.
Goal 6:
* Give gold coins 0/8 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
* Give platinum coins 0/3 GIVE (skip 120 gems)
Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp + Meadow Wolf
Congratulations: Baron: Of course I shall be deducting my wages from this...

A Thank You from Storm8 (24 hours)
Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win coins and earn prizes!
1:
* Ask for Community Keys 0/200 GO
Rewards: n/a

Ivy: Thank you for being a valued Castle Story player! Please accept this gift on our behalf.
2:
* Accept 20 community keys 0/1 ACCEPT
Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp +20 community keys
Congratulations: Ivy: Now go open those chests!

SpiritWind00
Inventory Information

Enchanted Fawnicorn
Info: This mythical creature is a rare sight! Pet it for a chance to find Spellbound Dew and other various crafting materials.
Crafted: Magic Forge, 3 hours - 10 Sunburst Petals, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Drops: red petals, spellbound dew, white petals, wisp essence
Collection time: 12 hours

Fawnicorn
Info: This mythical creature is a rare sight! Pet it for a chance to find Spellbound Dew and other various crafting materials.
Crafted: Magic Forge, 3 hours - 10 Meadow Sap, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Drops: red petals, spellbound dew, white petals, wisp essence
Collection time: 12 hours

Meadow of the Fawn | Crafting Building during event only, decoration post event
Info: A tribute to the wondrous Fawnicorn.
Found:market, 500 coins. Build requirements: 50 jewels, 75 bone, 10 golden eggs, 20 meadow wolf fangs during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Uses: craft the Horn of the Fawnicorn (1 time use only)

Meadow tree
Info: The meadow was full of beautiful trees for the Fawnicorn to graze under. Ten to find Meadow Sap.
Crafted: Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Meadow Tree Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Drops: acer berries, living wood, sap, wood | meadow sap (during event only)
Collection time: 30 minutes

Meadow wolf (2x1)
Info: This enchanted creature can only be tamed by the bravest! Pet it to see what it's found for you.
Found: reward from completing the Meadow Wolf goals during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Drops (still being determined): 1-3 Meadow Wolf Fang, 1-3 Meadow Pelt, bronze coin
creep tooth, earth wisp, elvenite, fur, rat tail, spellbound dew, wisp lantern
Collection time: 8 hours (speed up 32 gems)

Meadow wolf trap
Info: Chop to lure a Meadow Wolf! WARNING: Will not work if there is already a monster in your Kingdom.
Found: market, 20 gems during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Uses: spawns a Meadow Wolf

Sunburst flower |
Info: Sunburst Flowers are a favourite treat of the elusive Fawnicorn. Tend to find Sunburst Blooms.
Crafted:Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Sunburst Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295)
Drops: orange petal | sunburst blooms (during event only)
Collection time: 30 minutes

myhsplace
07-12-18, 11:18 AM
already a bad start to this 9/10 days event (says expires in 9 days inside when you click on goal)! first chapter goal 1 of 3; search market place, a 22hrs building, FOUR times! really, that's got to be an error right..

Nuicakes
07-12-18, 11:21 AM
I started without thinking and can't collect from the Marketplace for 20 hours. I might as well give up now.

Ginnyfe
07-12-18, 11:24 AM
Build more Marketplaces? I have four of them.

LadyRissaRenae
07-12-18, 11:26 AM
I'm more than a bit confused how to play the Fawnicorn portion of this. It says to first craft one in the forge, which then requires special materials that do no exist yet... am I missing something?

Scratte717
07-12-18, 11:27 AM
Luckily I had 4 marketplaces out. next step is 10 cottages

podunkiana
07-12-18, 11:29 AM
I'm more than a bit confused how to play the Fawnicorn portion of this. It says to first craft one in the forge, which then requires special materials that do no exist yet... am I missing something?

Did you hit Start Event yet?

PrincessCelestian
07-12-18, 11:32 AM

Did we get the usual warning and I just didn?t notice in the barrage of 15 pop ups?!?! Pretty uncool really.

Scratte717
07-12-18, 11:34 AM
Part 3 of day 1 - 10 farmhouses

LadyRissaRenae
07-12-18, 11:34 AM

Yeah, I did. So then one event supplies the materials for the other event? I guess I understand now. They could have provided a little bit of info instead of giving us a goal and not telling us what we had to do to reach it.

LadyRissaRenae
07-12-18, 11:42 AM
Did we get the usual warning and I just didn?t notice in the barrage of 15 pop ups?!?! Pretty uncool really.

The notifications I got were:

* Ask 20 neighbours for keys (Still unsure what this is about)
* Summon a Fawnicorn (of which we have no supplies and no info on how to get supplies other than a guess that we have to start the Fawn challenge).

No info on what/how/why for either of these.

suzishine
07-12-18, 11:43 AM
We only get to choose one of them???

Scratte717
07-12-18, 11:44 AM
The Meadow wolf goal chain of 6
tasks has 13 (!) hours timer and 1st one is to get 20 responses from neighbors...

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 11:44 AM
There are several new crafts in the workshop. Crafting tokens from other tokens.
Wood to bronze
bronze to silver
Silver to gold
Gold to platinum

And different chests using the keys to craft them.

Looks like chaos to me. We could definitely have used a little more direction.

LadyRissaRenae
07-12-18, 11:45 AM
The Meadow wolf goal chain of 5 tasks has 13 (!) hours timer and 1st one is to get 20 responses from neighbors...

Can't we only send 20 requests in a 24 hour period? So if one neighbour doesn't respond we can't complete the goal?

There are several new crafts in the workshop. Crafting tokens from other tokens.

Couldn't agree more! I have no idea what's going on. Right now, I'm blindly completing the "Fabled Fawn" in hope that something will unlock for the Fawnicorn goals.

SgtBeebo
07-12-18, 11:47 AM
The Meadow wolf goal chain of 5 tasks has 13 (!) hours timer and 1st one is to get 20 responses from neighbors...

This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you''ll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop. Hope this helps! :)

Stymie52
07-12-18, 11:48 AM
The notifications I got were:

* Ask 20 neighbours for keys (Still unsure what this is about)
* Summon a Fawnicorn (of which we have no supplies and no info on how to get supplies other than a guess that we have to start the Fawn challenge).

No info on what/how/why for either of these.

The same also happened to me. Then about 10 minutes later, the goals for The Fabled Fawn popped up.

Scratte717
07-12-18, 11:49 AM
Bronze coins drops from farmhouses, cottages and marketplaces
Sorry, thats wooden coins actually, in workshop those are called wrong

CharmOfLea
07-12-18, 11:51 AM
I haven’t sent any requests since the last crab chest day. So why am I getting this error message today?

Stymie52
07-12-18, 11:53 AM
I have been getting wood coins as drops from collecting from farmhouses.

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 11:54 AM
Chests

SgtBeebo
07-12-18, 11:55 AM
Wood to bronze
bronze to silver
Silver to gold
Gold to platinum

And different chests using the keys to craft them.

The Meadow Wolf goals are an optional side goal for those who would like to obtain a Meadow Wolf pet.

You can gain the Meadow Wolf by going through the goals and crafting the Coins in the Workshop.
You can get Wood Coins from Sunburst Flowers (Fawnicorn Event Item), Market Places, Cottages, and Farmhouses.
You can use the Wood Coins to upconvert to Bronze Coins, and so on.

If you ask neighbors for Keys, you can open Chests to get even more Coins.

The final Meadow Wolf goal will require 8 Gold Coins, and 3 Platinum Coins.

Hope this helps!

Scratte717
07-12-18, 11:56 AM
This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you''ll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop. Hope this helps! :)

Thank you!

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 12:10 PM
The Meadow Wolf goals are an optional side goal for those who would like to obtain a Meadow Wolf pet.

You can gain the Meadow Wolf by going through the goals and crafting the Coins in the Workshop.
You can get Wood Coins from Sunburst Flowers (Fawnicorn Event Item), Market Places, Cottages, and Farmhouses.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! This does help.

fesxdgdgsgfb
07-12-18, 12:10 PM
already a bad start to this 9/10 days event (says expires in 9 days inside when you click on goal)! first chapter goal 1 of 3; search market place, a 22hrs building, FOUR times! really, that's got to be an error right..

UNDERSTATEMENT! How much greedier can the developers be? I?m betting most players don?t have [or at least have out] 4 marketplaces. It could take three ? four days just to finish the first part of the first goal. That?s insane.

riverly
07-12-18, 12:14 PM
I haven’t sent any requests since the last crab chest day. So why am I getting this error message today?
45693I got the same message and I haven't sent out any requests for days. Mine said 5 had already received a request from me.

88silver
07-12-18, 12:14 PM
The game has had such poor performance lately that I stored most of my buildings, so I don't have enough of my marketplaces out. Figures.

AnnirasSweets
07-12-18, 12:15 PM

Hope this helps!

Thank goodness you pointed out that the Wood Coins drop from other places also. It's not indicated anywhere in the game and I was having a very hard time understanding how we were going to make enough coins if the chests were our only source for them.

Perhaps you could provide this information in game for all those players who don't frequent the forum?

DeeDeeBird70
07-12-18, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=LadyRissaRenae;1526715]Can't we only send 20 requests in a 24 hour period? So if one neighbour doesn't respond we can't complete the goal?

You are not limited in the number of requests. For 20, I usually send 40. Only the first 20 to respond count, except if you send to Stormie when you're at 19 and another answers before Stormie, you can get 21. Also rarely the last is answered by two neighbors at the same time. It used to be that some request left over would answer the next day, but with the Sea Chests there was no carryover, except for when the event was over. I had one left over from the first day Stormie came in as 21. I now have 6. I'm guessing that again for the chests/keys there will not be a carryover. With these Chapter type events, I've found waiting a day or two or even waiting for the autostart works out better. That has helped me to miss some of the early problems.

One of three farmhouses dropped 4 wooden coins/tokens.

AnnirasSweets
07-12-18, 12:18 PM
The game has had such poor performance lately that I stored most of my buildings, so I don't have enough of my marketplaces out. Figures.

I always pack away unneeded buildings but if starting a bit late is the price I have to pay for a clean realm then so be it. I'm only an hour into this event and my place looks like a building junkyard!

You'll also want to dig out your farmhouses, cottages and libraries along with those marketplaces. Though they're not listed in the featured tab this time, I noticed all the above buildings are highlighted in the market which suggests we'll need them to complete the event at some point.

Scratte717
07-12-18, 12:22 PM
Could we have some hint - what does the Fawn and Wolf do (drop)?

fesxdgdgsgfb
07-12-18, 12:23 PM

Hope this helps!

Hi, can someone help with the math...I’ve got to be doing it wrong. Is that 50, 000 wooden coins? I’ve got to be doing the math wrong.

fish63
07-12-18, 12:25 PM
We started back but have no idea what to do! Am to the point of getting chests, but it doesn’t take you to anything. Says you can make wooden coins in the workshop, but that’s not there. Do we have a bug? Or does nothing happen for the 20 something hours until the markets are ready? The bundle for sale is a group of things that we don’t know what we need.

AnnirasSweets
07-12-18, 12:28 PM
Could we have some hint - what does the Fawn and Wolf do (drop)?

These are the pop ups I got for the new animals:

Fawnicorns:
Meadow Direwolf

emeraldwyvern
07-12-18, 12:35 PM
Hi, can someone help with the math...I’ve got to be doing it wrong. Is that 50, 000 wooden coins? I’ve got to be doing the math wrong.

I get 14,000 wooden coins (gold=1000 wooden coins, platinum=2000). Still a lot, but maybe a little better? I'm hoping something drops the higher-level coins, even as a rare drop!

SgtBeebo
Thank goodness you pointed out that the Wood Coins drop from other places also. It's not indicated anywhere in the game and I was having a very hard time understanding how we were going to make enough coins if the chests were our only source for them.

Perhaps you could provide this information in game for all those players who don't frequent the forum?

Thank you for your feedback! This information has been added to the back of the Wood Coin's card :)

jkc619
I had 2 marketplaces in storage and built 2 but had to sell two farmhouses to do it

justmine2
Well, maybe I was wrong about wanting to do this goal lol My game has reset so many times and started over, jumped ahead and restarted til I’m just well.... played out ! Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow morning

peachtreeshoppe
07-12-18, 12:36 PM
UNDERSTATEMENT! How much greedier can the developers be? I?m betting most players don?t have [or at least have out] 4 marketplaces. It could take three ? four days just to finish the first part of the first goal. That?s insane.

Then you bow out.

A year or two ago I too couldn't complete most events, but often got half or 2/3 of the way only to find a requirement like this that took me out of the running. Now they put it up front (which had been coincidentally or not a request of many folks in the forum).

Edit to add: If you have them or can build them, do so. It'll be a quick four clicks tomorrow and then move on. Other people stated it's ten cottages and ten farmhouses to finish out the first chapter. Have all of that ready (as I too didn't have the marketplaces out) and this time tomorrow you'll be starting the second chapter anyway.

topmom952
07-12-18, 12:36 PM
Since I already collected from my marketplace, and have to wait till tomorrow, I built 3 more.:)

garysafb
07-12-18, 12:39 PM
Where do we get the Sunburst flowers?

AnnirasSweets
07-12-18, 12:40 PM

They'll show up in later chapters of the Storybook event I'm sure.

fesxdgdgsgfb
07-12-18, 12:41 PM
Looks like we’ll need spellbound and enchanted blocks & beams; they’re for sale.

kajohn345
07-12-18, 12:43 PM

Me too. I came here hoping for clues...I have started the storybook and waiting on keys or whatever from the co,unity but I still can?t find where to purchase the 0ants/trees needed to make the fawnicorn..

Furytale
07-12-18, 12:44 PM
Does anybody know where to find a meadow tree ?

AnnirasSweets
07-12-18, 12:55 PM
Me too. I came here hoping for clues...I have started the storybook and waiting on keys or whatever from the co,unity but I still can?t find where to purchase the 0ants/trees needed to make the fawnicorn..

The Fawnicorn Horns are the final prize of the Storybook event which means we won't be able to complete the fawn goal until day 10, unless you speed things up with gems. To get the materials to craft the fawns, we have to first complete the Storybook. The trees, flowers and any other items needed will be given to us at the appropriate chapter along the way.

I think that's why they've given us the daily side goals to collect the coins and craft the Meadow Direwolf. If they hadn't we'd have nothing to do while waiting for the next chapter to unlock.

Susieque11
07-12-18, 01:10 PM
I've collected from my market place twice and it's not counted any of the trips at this rate I'm not going to complete the goals 😠

tigarlilyvol
07-12-18, 01:15 PM
I've collected from my market place twice and it's not counted any of the trips at this rate I'm not going to complete the goals ��

Did you try to force close sometimes that helps

Galadraal
07-12-18, 01:16 PM
I had all 4 market places out (learned the hard way from previous events) but only have 4 cottages so I pulled out more. I have more Farm houses out because I have needed them lately.

I so appreciate the help you guys give on the forums.

GlvtenFree
07-12-18, 01:20 PM
crafts are not showing up in my GOTHIC workshop, game tells me to purchase normal one.

jbfps116
07-12-18, 01:33 PM
what's better, open several lesser chests or open one 20 key chest??

PikaSquirrel
07-12-18, 01:34 PM
crafts are not showing up in my GOTHIC workshop, game tells me to purchase normal one.

Looking into this thanks for the report!

meme1098
07-12-18, 01:37 PM

Where do these chests come from?

I'm trying to get caught up here & just overwhelmed by all this stuff at once! And I've been playing for like 4 years...lol. Can't imagine how confused lower level players are.

Glimmerless
07-12-18, 01:39 PM
Aside from waiting 22 hours for Marketplace and waiting for neighbor requests to be delivered (anyone experiencing delays this time, or is all going as normal?), there isn't anything I can do in regards to the event, is there? :confused:

I tried collecting from Farmhouses to see if anything event-related would drop, but nothing. I'm just wondering if there is anything event-related I can do in the meanwhile.

Edit: I figured it out myself. For those of you wondering, buildings do appear to be dropping event-related items, though I haven't progressed at all. Doesn't appear to be guaranteed drops though. Good luck, all!

jbfps116
07-12-18, 01:39 PM

I'm trying to get caught up here & just overwhelmed by all this stuff at once! And I've been playing for like 4 years...lol. Can't imagine how confused lower level players are.

ask friends for keys [goal] then buy chests in workshop. chests give you coins to make into platinum and gold to craft the green wolf

PikaSquirrel
07-12-18, 01:49 PM

Does anybody know where to find a meadow tree ?

These two items will become available later in the event :)

DeeDeeBird70
07-12-18, 01:49 PM
Aside from waiting 22 hours for Marketplace and waiting for neighbor requests to be delivered (anyone experiencing delays this time, or is all going as normal?), there isn't anything I can do in regards to the event, is there? :confused:

I tried collecting from Farmhouses to see if anything event-related would drop, but nothing. I'm just wondering if there is anything event-related I can do in the meanwhile.

I've been collecting from my farmhouses and already had 22 wooden coins. Just collected from 8 and 4 dropped multiple coins. Neighbors are answering requests and I have been answering for them.

KadeeDid
07-12-18, 01:54 PM
I haven?t sent any requests since the last crab chest day. So why am I getting this error message today?

I had that error too!

meme1098
07-12-18, 01:55 PM
ask friends for keys [goal] then buy chests in workshop. chests give you coins to make into platinum and gold to craft the green wolf

Thanks so much. I just didn't scroll down far enough to see them...lol.

I'm hoping, when I get to them, that the haunted, gothic & toadstool cottages are gonna work for those 10 cottages! Has anybody tried them yet?

fish63
07-12-18, 01:57 PM
I have force closed and still have no crafts in workshop. Suggestions!

SgtBeebo
07-12-18, 02:03 PM
I have force closed and still have no crafts in workshop. Suggestions!

This issue should now be resolved.

mantha_501
07-12-18, 02:06 PM
I have been collecting coins from farmhouses, and did have the coin craft in the workshop but it?s now disappeared... has this happened to anyone else? Where?s it gone?? I have forced shutdown a few times but it?s gone

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 02:07 PM
This issue should now be resolved.

I believe the issue has been transferred to the regular workshops. Just collected my third bronze coin and now the crafts are all gone. I even scrolled all the way to the bottom in case they moved down to visit with the new Sabina crafts.

Force close does NOT help.

meme1098
07-12-18, 02:09 PM
I have been collecting coins from farmhouses, and did have the coin craft in the workshop but it?s now disappeared... has this happened to anyone else? Where?s it gone?? I have forced shutdown a few times but it?s gone

Huh? Mine are now gone too!

kolakid2
07-12-18, 02:10 PM
Crafts have also disappeared from my workshops too ...
have forced closed 3 times already

federerGOAT
07-12-18, 02:10 PM

These story books usually has a goal that requires to ask neighbours for items.
What happens then?

PikaSquirrel
07-12-18, 02:13 PM
Crafts should be showing up in your Workshop and Gothic Workshop, please force close your game if you're not seeing them.

sweerfarmer
07-12-18, 02:17 PM
I haven?t sent any requests since the last crab chest day. So why am I getting this error message today?

Same for me, infact in crab challenge i had gotten the same msg, not sure why? I thought it's only for me

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 02:17 PM
And they’re baaack! :cool:

(The crafts in the workshop that is.)

I also wonder how the neighbor requests will affect any the storybook asks for......I’m currently experiencing the stuck on 19 issue from the treasure chests. I didn’t have any problems then, guess it’s my turn this quest. Sigh.

kolakid2
07-12-18, 02:21 PM
Crafts back but chopped glimmer rock formation and no glimmer dust just fuzzy moss???!!! what is happening with this game??!!

Stymie52
07-12-18, 02:25 PM

I am trying to get caught up here & just overwhelmed by all this stuff at once! And I have been playing for like 4 years...lol. Can't imagine how confused lower level players are.

I am with you. This whole rollout has not been presented very clearly. As we muddle through, with help from each other, we will quickly figure out what to do.

PikaSquirrel
07-12-18, 02:30 PM
Same for me, infact in crab challenge i had gotten the same msg, not sure why? I thought it's only for me

This is a known issue that can happen with gifts as well. Even though you get a message saying some of your requests did not go out, they should still have gone out to your Neighbors.

MoonVillage3
07-12-18, 02:31 PM
And they’re baaack! :cool:

I also wonder how the neighbor requests will affect any the storybook asks for......I’m currently experiencing the stuck on 19 issue from the treasure chests. I didn’t have any problems then, guess it’s my turn this quest. Sigh.

After 3,5 hrs I've received only 9 keys and Stormie has already answered me.. hope that's not an unlucky sign to say 'all done for today'. Mind you.. I've answered practically 100's of requests.. it's the incoming keys that are held up.

suzishine
07-12-18, 02:34 PM
After 3,5 hrs I've received only 9 keys and Stormie has already answered me.. hope that's not an unlucky sign to say 'all done for today'. Mind you.. I've answered practically 100's of requests.. it's the incoming keys that are held up.

Same here. Get loads of requests.... but only one key.. guessin stormie..

fish63
07-12-18, 02:34 PM
I have the gothic workshop and don?t have the crafts! Where do the chests come from? Someone said buy them at the workshop. On a positive note I?m getting wooden coins from farmhouses.

kolakid2
07-12-18, 02:38 PM
Chests are crafted in Workshop

fish63
07-12-18, 02:41 PM
Says those are invalid attachments. Princess, would love to open. This is the worse explanation of any event.

lydiahin
07-12-18, 02:42 PM
Thought the same thing

kolakid2
07-12-18, 02:42 PM

meme1098
07-12-18, 02:46 PM
And they?re baaack! :cool:

I also wonder how the neighbor requests will affect any the storybook asks for......I?m currently experiencing the stuck on 19 issue from the treasure chests. I didn?t have any problems then, guess it?s my turn this quest. Sigh.

I've been watching mine for awhile now & also stuck on 19. Went to one of my other games I sent a request to & there's none there! So I sent one to Stormie & it went through successfully so, hopefully, in a few minutes I'll be done 🤞🏻

So I also got the friends already received requests message. Mine said 5. Wonder if that has something to do with the requests being stuck! Wonder if 20 is still the limit? Or it's changed?

AnnirasSweets
07-12-18, 02:52 PM

From what I've seen so far:

Basic Chests drop: Wood Coin 1-4, Bronze Coin 1-2
Deluxe Chests drop: Bronze Coin 2-4, Silver Coin 1-2
Premium Chests drop: Silver Coin 1-4, Gold Coin 1-2

Granted, I've only had time to do a few of each so far so the amounts may vary but it seems that the types of coins I'm getting from each chest are remaining consistent.

federerGOAT
07-12-18, 02:58 PM
Where do Meadow wolf spawn from and what does it drop?

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 03:01 PM
Says those are invalid attachments. Princess, would love to open. This is the worse explanation of any event.

I?m sorry about that. They worked when I first posted them. Not sure what happened there. :confused:

paddock4
07-12-18, 03:06 PM
Toodstool farmhause and Hounted cottage also drop wood coins.

CharlieGirl9
07-12-18, 03:06 PM
I've only opened one chest, but I'll add my results to the pile:
I did the basic chest (5 keys) and got 2 wood and 1 bronze.

One gold is worth 5 silver = 40 bronze = 1000 wood.
So I'd say the higher chests are a much better return.

If a typical 5 key chest is 2 wood, 1 bronze, I'll call that 27 wood.
If a typical 10 key chest is 2 bronze, 1 silver, I'll call that 250 wood.
If a typical 20 key chest is 2 silver, 1 gold, I'll call that 1400 wood

All based on the exchange rates in the workshop.

asdfgh123654
07-12-18, 03:07 PM
I've been watching mine for awhile now & also stuck on 19. Went to one of my other games I sent a request to & there's none there! So I sent one to Stormie & it went through successfully so, hopefully, in a few minutes I'll be done ����

So I also got the friends already received requests message. Mine said 5. Wonder if that has something to do with the requests being stuck! Wonder if 20 is still the limit? Or it's changed?

I'm also stuck at 19 keys for two hours now. Maybe it's a bug...

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 03:09 PM

I've been watching mine for awhile now & also stuck on 19. Went to one of my other games I sent a request to & there's none there! So I sent one to Stormie & it went through successfully so, hopefully, in a few minutes I'll be done ����

I finally got number 20. I’m thanking the PotP *Power of the Post* and a wonderful neighbor named Riz!
Hopefully they will come through soon for everyone else.

meme1098
07-12-18, 03:28 PM
I finally got number 20. I’m thanking the PotP *Power of the Post* and a wonderful neighbor named Riz!
Hopefully they will come through soon for everyone else.

If Stormie doesn't answer my request by 7, I'm calling foul, S8. That's 2 hours after the request was sent so somethings really wrong if Stormie doesn't answer by then. Fingers crossed here for everyone else too.

jbfps116
07-12-18, 03:31 PM
well why even have the coin trades? if we can get 21 keys a day, that's a premium chest and we'll have the wolf in no time!

idkat
07-12-18, 03:39 PM

I saw the dawn pop up, but also saw a meadow wolf on a neighbours kingdom so went looking here for how to get it. I also saw the fawn pop up that said you had to forge it. I didn't realise the fawn part wasn't an auto start. then went onto the forum and read above about where to collect from for the wolf didn't see one for the fawn, so got busy and collected from my four marketplaces and put out my farmhouses etc hoping to collect wood coins etc, only now to read that I had to press start and now wait another 20 hours for my marketplaces. Oh well, at least I should know all the goals ahead of time...so may have a chance as , long as there are no neighbour responses needed because even though I have some great neighbours I don't trust that when I send,that they always get them. ( I have had requests that pop into my messages saying it was sent days ago, but I check every time I go in.)

Very confusing start, Also I can't find the flowers mentioned in the first info post for collecting from?

Iceglimmer
07-12-18, 03:54 PM
well why even have the coin trades? if we can get 21 keys a day, that's a premium chest and we'll have the wolf in no time!

That's true as long as you get all 20 (or 21) each day for ten days.
I sent out my requests five hours ago, and I only have seven in.
I might need to go to the add-me page and find some new neighbors.

Also there is a quest line that asks you to do the lower-level trades, and that might give you helpful rewards.

arhoneybee
07-12-18, 03:59 PM
If you don?t have the magic forge, can you do this?

CharmOfLea
07-12-18, 04:00 PM
That's true as long as you get all 20 (or 21) each day for ten days.
I sent out my requests five hours ago, and I only have seven in.
I might need to go to the add-me page and find some new neighbors.

Also there is a quest line that asks you to do the lower-level trades, and that might give you helpful rewards.
You wanna try see if this is it? I?m not sure. I sent out at the beginning of the event and I?m stuck on 14. Usually 20 responses fly in in no time.

Add me if you like, I?m in the game now.

Iceglimmer
07-12-18, 04:02 PM
You wanna try see if this is it? I?m not sure. I sent out at the beginning of the event and I?m stuck on 14. Usually 20 responses fly in in no time.

Add me if you like, I?m in the game now.

Thanks. Added.
And key sent.

CharmOfLea
07-12-18, 04:09 PM
Thanks. Added.
And key sent.

Accepted. Key received and returned. Awesome, thanks.

jbfps116
07-12-18, 04:14 PM
also since when was platinum discovered in CS??? shouldn't it be like mythril or adamant?

Galadraal
07-12-18, 04:26 PM
I spent gems to speed up a day. You need two libraries. Step 1 check the library and also step 2. I got the book on the first check so it’s possible it might take more than one collection

Iceglimmer
07-12-18, 04:28 PM

You need the magic forge to make the fawn.
You can probably still get the Meadow Wolf without it.
But it looks like you need good neighbors for that.

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 04:30 PM

You will need the magic forge to craft the alicorn-fawn that is the prize for completing the event.

PrincessCupOButter
07-12-18, 04:34 PM
I saw the dawn pop up, but also saw a meadow wolf on a neighbours kingdom so went looking here for how to get it. I also saw the fawn pop up that said you had to forge it. I didn't realise the fawn part wasn't an auto start. then went onto the forum and read above about where to collect from for the wolf didn't see one for the fawn, so got busy and collected from my four marketplaces and put out my farmhouses etc hoping to collect wood coins etc, only now to read that I had to press start and now wait another 20 hours for my marketplaces. Oh well, at least I should know all the goals ahead of time...so may have a chance as , long as there are no neighbour responses needed because even though I have some great neighbours I don't trust that when I send,that they always get them. ( I have had requests that pop into my messages saying it was sent days ago, but I check every time I go in.)

Very confusing start, Also I can't find the flowers mentioned in the first info post for collecting from?

The flowers to collect from will be awarded at some point for finishing the storybook goals.

Sometimes you get a request that is several days old because that neighbor sent out a lot of extra requests and they rolled over to the next day, and so forth until they all get answered. Sometimes the requests don’t roll over. There has been much speculation but so far I haven’t seen anyone who has been able to figure out exactly how it works and why it works differently for different requests.

canyon123rose
07-12-18, 04:46 PM
Since I already collected from my marketplace, and have to wait till tomorrow, I built 3 more.:)

Me too :)

Stymie52
07-12-18, 04:50 PM
I received 4 gold coins and 2 silver coins from a premium chest.

arhoneybee
07-12-18, 04:59 PM
You will need the magic forge to craft the alicorn-fawn that is the prize for completing the event.

So maybe I should pass on this one since I can?t get the prize at the end? Wish they would tell that. Thank you all for your responses. Mi am Arhoneybee if you want a good neighbor.

topmom952
07-12-18, 05:06 PM
Man, I got no room after putting out all these buildings! And then I will be afraid to store them till someone has posted all the requirements for the entire event. LOL

bumbleebeeville
07-12-18, 05:08 PM
Ok, I am really annoyed with the keys right now. I sent my requests over five hrs ago, and I know my neighbors are playing as I have received their requests but only one neighbor has sent me a key and it wasn’t stormy. What on earth?!? I don’t blame my neighbors as they usually respond promptly. Arggggggggg

BufftonHeights
07-12-18, 05:11 PM
I am also stuck on 19 keys for the past several hours. Sent one to Stormie figuring that would get me to 20, but nothing. :(

redpenny
07-12-18, 05:16 PM
I’m on and will be for the next few hours if anyone wants to send me a request. I’m fortunate that I’ve received all 20 today!

Rockylandia
07-12-18, 05:16 PM
You can add me if you need a key. I?m stuck at 19 too.

CharmOfLea
07-12-18, 05:20 PM
I am also stuck on 19 keys for the past several hours. Sent one to Stormie figuring that would get me to 20, but nothing. :(

Stormie gets back to you in about 20 mins. Has it been longer than that?

There are about 100 theories on how these neighbor requests work. It’s still a puzzle for me.

@My brand new neighbors: thank you for the keys! I’ve restarted my game 3 times, but I do not see your requests... hope to be able to send back today.

Iceglimmer
07-12-18, 05:22 PM
I'm up to 11, thanks to people on the forum. But I've had some neighbors who I have sent keys to, say that they haven't received a request from me today. It's very odd.
And nothing from Stormy.

justmine2
07-12-18, 05:37 PM
I sent all 20 request out as soon as the goal started, still haven’t gotten one from Stormie and for hours now I’ve only gotten 6 answered ��

GC5410
07-12-18, 05:41 PM
For SgtBeeboo or other Storm8 staff:

The coin cards have a few mistakes.....

In the workshop, under the Silver coin craft, the back of the bronze coin card says silver coin instead of bronze coin.
In the workshop, under the gold coin craft, the back of the silver coin card says bronze coin instead of silver coin.
In the workshop, under the bronze coin craft, the wood coin card says from craft on the front. Can it be crafted or is it just a drop?

kajohn345
07-12-18, 05:44 PM

Here too. :( 9 keys even though I?ve sent out many many times more...over 30 I would say...

PrincessCelestian
07-12-18, 06:00 PM
Here too. :( 9 keys even though I?ve sent out many many times more...over 30 I would say...

Are you all with key issues force closing and reopening to see if more keys appear? I have to do this regularly with neighbor requests and have had to for a while now. Usually 5 or 6 more will suddenly appear.

CharmOfLea
07-12-18, 06:00 PM
After half a day of collecting from farmhouses (which I don’t mind cuz I’m on the Tradesman) I just made my first bronze coin. I feel so rich. LOL

comeseecomesah
07-12-18, 06:21 PM
Requested keys 7 hrs ago. Have 17 keys,no stormie. Newsfeed says only 11 neighbours responded.

Btw...I requested to all 64 neighbours!

Stymie52
07-12-18, 06:35 PM
Requested keys 7 hrs ago. Have 17 keys,no stormie. Newsfeed says only 11 neighbours responded.

I waited almost 4 hours for my last two keys. Eventually they come through, but it tests your patience.

Iceglimmer
07-12-18, 06:35 PM
Are you all with key issues force closing and reopening to see if more keys appear? I have to do this regularly with neighbor requests and have had to for a while now. Usually 5 or 6 more will suddenly appear.

I force close quite often because my old iPad freezes so much, so I'm actually wondering if it's the version.

comeseecomesah
07-12-18, 06:49 PM
I waited almost 4 hours for my last two keys. Eventually they come through, but it tests your patience.

It sure does!! Patience is a virtue...well I can't be very virtuous then lol. 64 requests I sent. I'm sure it's not my neighbours not playing/responding.
At least we don't have to stay awake/keep logging on to tap 'give' like in the last event.

Annilori
07-12-18, 07:08 PM
The sunburst flowers are not available for planting.
And, neighbors are asking for keys but not sending them???

Annilori
07-12-18, 07:10 PM
Exact same here.

Denkris111
07-12-18, 07:18 PM
Im looking for neighbors if anyone wants to add me

Last event I had much better luck when I would break my requests up.... I would send reguest for about a 3rd of my neighbors, wait a few hours, and then send another 3rd. It still wasn't completely reliable (i always respond to more than I recieve) but I got more responses

coolssp
07-12-18, 07:33 PM
A new event starts usually for me on Thursday midnight. For whatever reason I didn't login until Friday 6.30 am my time and had all these pop ups. Had about 6 hours to get the keys. Got 20 of them within an hour. So, first A Big Thank You to all my wonderful neighbors!!!!

But then I did a big mistake, instead of crafting premium chest, I crafted a deluxe chest, just plain haste :) got 2 gold coins... anyways the goal progresses and you have to craft a basic chest so I guess not all is lost ;)

With the daily tasks, not so lucky :( had only 2 marketplaces out so will wait for 22 hours to collect from them (don't want to use gems to speed up) . Hopefully will catch-up on other days. But it says 9 days, surely it's wrong...

PS if anyone wants to add me, no problems. I do login several times a day and time difference does work out (I'm from India)

federerGOAT
07-12-18, 07:39 PM
Stuck on 19 as well. Four hours since the last one.
Already received from Stormie.
So sent an invite to my unused account, nothing showed up.

kindefarm1890
07-12-18, 07:43 PM
Has anyone opened the basic chest on step two? Trying to decide if I should go for the basic chest to open step three or save the keys for the premium chest.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-12-18, 07:54 PM
Has anyone opened the basic chest on step two? Trying to decide if I should go for the basic chest to open step three or save the keys for the premium chest.
I did ...this is step 3. Those 2 bronze coins checked off for me dropped from the basic chest (along with some wooden ones). I didn't craft them but they counted anyway.
That goal line has changed from the original 13 hours to 10 days now, so... I don't know how they can be daily goals with a new 10-day timer... *shrug*

ladlasse
07-12-18, 07:59 PM
I don't know what I was thinking. I read that we needed 4 marketplaces. I had 3 out already, so I placed another one. I didn't remember the timer was so long, so I thought I'd do something I never do and use 21 gems to get collect from the 4th and move to the next goal. We haven't done one of these kind of events in awhile, so I forgot that no matter when I finish chapter 1, I still have to wait for chapter 2 to start a day later. Rats! What a waste of gems.

Lavenderdale
07-12-18, 08:07 PM
(I AM NOT A STORM8 OFFICIAL, JUST A PLAYER "HELPING OUT")

Beginning Draft of Guide (until SpiritWind0 gets back) - I'm still combing through posts. please excuse format and please respond with corrections!!
-------
Someone was disappointed by all my explanatory text before the steps, so I've moved them to the bottom. I advise you to read the "Preparation" section below the steps.

------------
THE MEADOW WOLF "SIDEQUEST" - 6 Goals
(This isn't entirely a sidequest as the returns can apparently be used for the Fawn as well.)

Goal 1
Ivy: "Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win Coins and earn prizes!"

Ask for Community Keys (Use to open Chests and find Coins!) 0/20 GO
Reward: 100 Coins, 10 xp

Goal 2

Ask for Community Keys - already checked off from Goal 1
Open a Basic Community Chest (Open for even more coins!) 0/1 GO - Workshop, 5 Keys, 5 minutes
Find a Wood Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from chests!) 0/25 GO (skip 19 Gems) - easy to gather from Farmhouses, Market Places, etc.

Goal 3

Forge Bronze Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/8 - each requires 25 Wooden Coins, 5 minutes
Forge a Silver Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/1 - each requires 8 Bronze Coins, 10 minutes

Goal 4

Forge a Silver Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/5 - each requires 8 Bronze Coins, 10 minutes
Forge a Gold Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/1 - requires 5 Silver Coins, 15 minutes

Goal 5

Forge Gold Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/2 - each requires 5 Silver Coins, 15 minutes
Forge a Platinum Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/1 - requires 2 Gold Coins, 20 minutes

Goal 6

Give Gold Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/8 GIVE - 5 Silver Coins, 15 minutes
Give Platinum Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/3 GIVE - requires 2 Gold Coins, 20 minutes

Reward: 100 Coins, 10 xp, Meadow Wolf

====================

THE FABLED FAWN - 10 Chapters
(Grand Prize - Horn of the Fawn)

Details of the Fabled Fawn event do not appear in the Kingdom Log/Quest Log - it only opens from the icon on the right edge of the game display. Nevertheless, click the quest in the log to be sure it "starts."

Chapter 1

Goal 1 of 3

Search Market Places (Search for the Fabled Fawn!) 0/4 VISIT (skip 75 Gems)

Goal 2 of 3

(Search 10 Cottages) - Haunted cottage also works per paddock4.

Goal 3 of 3

(Search 10 Farmhouses) - Toadstool farmhouses count. You can search these and get tokens even if you haven't done 4 Market Places yet.

Chapter 2

Goal 1 of 3

Search the Library 0/1 (Is there a copy) [Search] Skip 10 gems

Goal 2 of 3

Find Old Thomas's book 0/1 (This looks like it!) [Find] Skip 50 gems

Goal 3 of 3

Begin the Fabled Fawn 0/1 (It begins...) [Give] Skip 50 gems

Chapter 3
Goal 1 of 3
Visit Old Thomas's House 0/1 (Hear Old Thomas tell the tale! [Visit] Skip 20 gems
Goal 2 of 3
Explore the Enchanted Meadow 0/1 (This place really exists?) [Explore] Cannot gem skip
- 1 Simple feast, 3 swords, 1000 coins 1hr 30mins
- Drops Sunburst Seeds and Meadow Tree Seeds (drops not guaranteed)
Goal 3 of 3
Gather Sunburst Seeds 0/3 (What are these?) [Find] Skip 60 gems

Chapter 4
Goal 1 of 3
Grow a Sunburst flower 0/1 (Use the Sunburst Seeds in the Potion Shop!) [Go] No gem skip
-1 Sunburst Seed, 20 Water , 10 Glimmerdust - 2 hrs
Goal 2 of 3
Grow a Meadow Tree 0/1 (Use the Meadow Tree Seed in the Potion Shop!) [Go] No gem skip
-1 Meadow Tree Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust - 2 hrs
Goal 3 of 3
Tend to the Sunburst Flowers 0/5 (What a beautiful Flower!) [Go] Skip 10 gems

Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

----------

INTRODUCTION

The Fabled Fawn and The Meadow Wolf event began 12 July 2018. The Fabled Fawn is scheduled for 10 days. The Meadow Wolf is probably a daily activity.

The Meadow Wolf prize has a chance of dropping Earth Wisp, Spellbound Dew, and/or Wisp Lantern.

The Fawnicorn prize has a chance to drop Wisp Essence, Spellbound Dew, and (those gold horseshoe wax seals).

Item Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees are not available until some point in the quest.
These two items will become available later in the event :) Players report that Requests are having issues. A Force Close may or may not help.

PREPARATION:

Get out Market Places. They have a 22 hour interval and you need to visit 4. (Consider making more?)
Same for Farmhouses and Cottages - bring out every single one that you own. Item is not a guaranteed drop.
On Day 2, a Library(ies?) are needed (thanks Galadraal!)
"Sidequest" Meadow Wolf: Be aware of active/inactive neighbors. The top daily reward needs 20 responses, which is the maximum you can ASK in one day. If you Ask more than 20 Neighbors, they will not go through until tomorrow. (NOTE: unfortunately, players report that Requests are having issues, same as a previous quest. You Are Not Alone.)
The Fabled Fawn event details do not appear in the Kingdom Log/Quest Log - it only opens from the icon on the display on the right. Nevertheless, click the quest in the log to be sure they "start."

SPECULATION
*Based upon sale package we will probably need spellbound and enchanted blocks & beams. (thanks fesxdgdgsgfb)

--------

SIGNIFICANT DISCUSSION AND INVESTIGATIONS IN THIS TOPIC

Hope this helps!

NOTE:Again, items mentioned such as Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees are not available until some point in the quest.

From what I've seen so far:

Basic Chests drop: Wood Coin 1-4, Bronze Coin 1-2
Deluxe Chests drop: Bronze Coin 2-4, Silver Coin 1-2
Premium Chests drop: Silver Coin 1-4, Gold Coin 1-2

Granted, I've only had time to do a few of each so far so the amounts may vary but it seems that the types of coins I'm getting from each chest are remaining consistent.

I've only opened one chest, but I'll add my results to the pile:
I did the basic chest (5 keys) and got 2 wood and 1 bronze.

One gold is worth 5 silver = 40 bronze = 1000 wood.
So I'd say the higher chests are a much better return.

If a typical 5 key chest is 2 wood, 1 bronze, I'll call that 27 wood.
If a typical 10 key chest is 2 bronze, 1 silver, I'll call that 250 wood.
If a typical 20 key chest is 2 silver, 1 gold, I'll call that 1400 wood

All based on the exchange rates in the workshop.

-----

CREDITS
Thanks to forum posters: Scratte717 (TOP EARLY HELPER), federerGOAT (FAWN CHAPTERS 2-4), myhsplace, PrincessCupOButter, Stymie52, AnnirasSweets, kolakid2, paddock4, Galadraal, CharlieGirl9, NorthWoodsKingdom, so far

jesslau9
07-12-18, 08:09 PM
I don't understand what are we supposed to build or do.

redpenny
07-12-18, 08:24 PM
I?ve accepted several neighbor requests tonight-at least ten or so but have only received two key requests from those new neighbors.

I wish we knew how these requests worked. I have 30(!) ocean keys that came in after the crab chests were over.

riverly
07-12-18, 08:43 PM
We can ask more than 20 neighbors for the community key, but we will only get a maximum of 20 back in a 24 hr period.
I send out about 40-60.
The other requests stay in queue, but will be overwritten if another request is sent out later. If no other requests are made, they could stay in queue for days, depending on how many were not responded to.
After a long time of playing, this is how I understand how it works. There may be differing opinions on this.

And someone else may be able to explain it better.

Adding: if there was a "send to all" button, I would do that!!!

nukesters2
07-12-18, 08:51 PM
Build more Marketplaces? I have four of them.

Any idea which building i could sell so I can buy a 4th marketplace? Thanks
***disregard! I had several already hiding in storage be ause they are all different levels!***

jkustak
07-12-18, 08:53 PM
I clicked on 3 Gothic Cottages, 3 Haunted Cottages, 4 Cottages and 1 toadstool Cottages. I got credit for 8. Some programmer needs to be reminded about all forms of Cottages. Just ask the one who does the weekly energy event because that event let?s us use all 4 types of cottages.

PatchXat
07-12-18, 08:58 PM
A new event starts usually for me on Thursday midnight. For whatever reason I didn't login until Friday 6.30 am my time and had all these pop ups. Had about 6 hours to get the keys. Got 20 of them within an hour. So, first A Big Thank You to all my wonderful neighbors!!!!

But then I did a big mistake, instead of crafting premium chest, I crafted a deluxe chest, just plain haste :) got 2 gold coins... anyways the goal progresses and you have to craft a basic chest so I guess not all is lost ;)

With the daily tasks, not so lucky :( had only 2 marketplaces out so will wait for 22 hours to collect from them (don't want to use gems to speed up) . Hopefully will catch-up on other days. But it says 9 days, surely it's wrong...

PS if anyone wants to add me, no problems. I do login several times a day and time difference does work out (I'm from India)

I'd love another international neighbor who's active on the forum and is a long time player. Invite sent from my place, Patch Cat (I go by Patchy). I ALWAYS return requests and do it multiple times throughout the day.

Lavenderdale
07-12-18, 09:03 PM
FYI I am getting drops from Farmhouses (including Toadstool) even though I have only done 1 Market Place.

Still working on guide. Formatting in forum is heck - too accustomed to working in Encyclopedic format, lol.

katbean2
07-12-18, 09:37 PM
Is this a known problem? Because whenever I send a request I usually only get 5-10 back per day and I've found that some of my neighbors don't get the requests until 2 or 3 Days later. And this happens in EVERY event. All the time. It's not a new problem. Should I not send to stormie until last? I was bummed to see that was part of this event as I know I will Never get 20 back in a day.

sarahmarah888
07-12-18, 09:38 PM
lol,i had 8 hours ago goal 3 (meadow wolf)-had to craft 8 bronze coins(had 4/8) and right now i'm stuck on step 2 and cannot do anything till few hours-how is it even possible?!i sent already requests to all of my neighbours so i cannot do anything,such a waste and because of a bug,this game annoys me,every single event there are bugs&issues and no recompence for something like that

Bybrr
07-12-18, 09:42 PM
I sent requests for keys to all 90 + neighbors this morning, over 9 hours ago. I've force closed multiple times and responded to dozens of requests. I have not received even one key... zero...any ideas why?

Lavenderdale
07-12-18, 10:19 PM
I sent requests for keys to all 90 + neighbors this morning, over 9 hours ago. I've force closed multiple times and responded to dozens of requests. I have not received even one key... zero...any ideas why?

I am in the same boat. Dozens of keys request, zero received. Maybe tomorrow will be better ...

jesslc41
07-12-18, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know if gothic cottages count for the story book goal? I don't really want to make more cottages if the gothic ones will work.

Edit: Also what about my level 6 and 7 cottages - will the goal recognize them?
Hmm maybe better build some more regular level 1 cottages just in case. Sigh.

federerGOAT
07-12-18, 10:28 PM
To cut down the confusion and make discussions easier to follow I've created a seperate thread for the Storybook event.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105303-Castle-Story-07-13-Storybook-The-Fabled-Fawn-10-day-event&p=1526944#post1526944

MoonVillage3
07-12-18, 10:48 PM

I won't quote all posts having negative results on key deliveries as would fill up too much space.. BUT!!! :mad:

It's morning, 1,5 hrs the game is in movement, 11,5 hrs since requests were sent, total batches before sleep time of 40+20+20... and I'm still at 9 keys!!!! :blue:

All I say is this automatic delivery system needs polishing and shining up abit.. it's NOT dependable nor a guaranteed result. I'd hate to think this is a random choice as well? Whatever.. it's a pain and a serious trial of patience when 'requests' are used in an event!

There's no rule that holds.. no tricks to make it work properly and what you think is the right way to use this system proves incorrect the next time.. whatever the suggestions are! It's just fortune thrown your way.

All's said.. I'm not only 'stuck' at 9 keys but have to be satisfied with this result as Stormie did already answer me.. so I add "Stormie can't count" and thanks to Stormie my progress is behind! I put my full attention, time and willpower.. but not Stormie8

MoonVillage3
07-12-18, 10:55 PM
I clicked on 3 Gothic Cottages, 3 Haunted Cottages, 4 Cottages and 1 toadstool Cottages. I got credit for 8. Some programmer needs to be reminded about all forms of Cottages. Just ask the one who does the weekly energy event because that event let?s us use all 4 types of cottages.

Haunted Cottages never count.. even if was a 'Cottage' in the Halloween event.. it never has counted in other events.

PurpleScorpion76
07-12-18, 11:01 PM

I always thought it had to do with previous invites lagging behind ie a bug. But having said that I also thought it was a case of ?all invites get sent? but only ?20 return each day? so by day 3 you could have 60. But i?d be lucky to achieve that sent out probably over 40 last night and sent at least another 20 and still only got 18 this morning. Looks like I?m not gonna make another chest.

bumbleebeeville
07-12-18, 11:08 PM
Here is some speculation —— I am wondering because even my request to stormie didn’t get a result (and I have restarted the game multiple times) if maybe I sent it to soon after the event started and so my requests are lost for the day? I sent them within the first fifteen minutes of the start and it seems like the people who have mentioned getting all the keys sent them a couple hours after the start. I have 2 keys and one of those came from a new neighbor.

PurpleScorpion76
07-12-18, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=LadyRissaRenae;1526715]I've found waiting a day or two or even waiting for the autostart works out better. That has helped me to miss some of the early problems.

What I do is decide what works best for my work / personal schedule. The first day for example is only a couple of hours for me, before bed then wake up and have an hour or two before the next s8 day begins. So it always finishes on a Saturday for me. So if it?s a final dash to the finish it?s always on a non work day or a day where I have less work commitments. It worked especially well at Christmas I think last year. I thought about it and realised I didn?t want to be tied to my phone on Christmas Eve I think it was so started straight away. In fact I?ve never delayed it. I make the most use of the weekend.

Lavenderdale
07-12-18, 11:31 PM
Haunted Cottages never count.. even if was a 'Cottage' in the Halloween event.. it never has counted in other events.

paddock4 posted that his haunted cottage worked.

at the beginning of this event, the gothic workshop wasn't working - Storm8 fixed it. but maybe the oversight extended to the gothic cottage this time?

idk, maybe s/he got them accidentally mixed up

Lavenderdale
07-12-18, 11:43 PM
Most recent draft of "guide" on behalf of SpiritWind0 who is away. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295-Castle-Story-event-7-12-THE-MEADOW-WOLF&p=1526898&viewfull=1#post1526898

Big Thanks to federerGOAT for writing up official steps for Fawn chapters 2-4.

robotparade
07-13-18, 12:09 AM
I'm only an hour into this event and my place looks like a building junkyard!

LOL mine too!

nadinana
07-13-18, 12:14 AM
I have after collecting 20 keys went missing, the daily stepping-job on the wolf! Why?

CoyoteMama
07-13-18, 12:28 AM
It happened again! Both this event and last event I got stock for hours at 19 keys. As soon as time expires for the goal the 20th key magically appears. This is definitely a bug S8 needs to fix for some of us.

Denkris111
07-13-18, 12:48 AM
I ended day one with 15 keys. After day 2 started and the daily goal reset, 5 more keys rolled in and completed the new goal, and now I can't request more any keys today :( So i guess if you have less than 20 keys and the goal is about to expire, you should trade for a deluxe chest to maximize the daily goal

suzishine
07-13-18, 12:58 AM
No more appeared yesterday but I gave a lot out! Hopefully this day will be better!

Can we only get one of the fawns??? I wanted both!! So cute!

Also, my kingdomname is narnia (just simple like that, didn?t know I couldn?t change it later - have to spend gems - so stuck with that name.....) lol

M2013C
07-13-18, 01:04 AM
Why do we have to choose again. I hate that, does someone know if we can buy the other one?

If people need a neighbour for the keys, you can add me. I am an active player.

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 01:17 AM
Why do we have to choose again. I hate that, does someone know if we can buy the other one?

If people need a neighbour for the keys, you can add me. I am an active player.

Since the prize for completing the Storybook is the Horn of the Fawns which we then use to craft the fawn of our choice, in theory we should be able to spend 500 gems to purchase a second Horn and craft the other fawn as well. I can't say it's 100% certain but I know in the past I've gotten both animals but I think I recall one time when we couldn't. Until we get confirmation on this event specifically, I guess we can only speculate.

mefys2
07-13-18, 01:17 AM
The event crafts are showing in my gothic workshop, maybe try the usual fixes. Close/restart the game or update the app.

mefys2
07-13-18, 01:25 AM
Thanks so much. I just didn't scroll down far enough to see them...lol.

I'm hoping, when I get to them, that the haunted, gothic & toadstool cottages are gonna work for those 10 cottages! Has anybody tried them yet?

So far all types of cottages & farmhouses are dropping wood coins though not every time you collect, including haunted, gothic, toadstool & dainty.

Lavenderdale
07-13-18, 01:34 AM
So far all types of cottages & farmhouses are dropping wood coins though not every time you collect, including haunted, gothic, toadstool & dainty.

god bless you, that is a good point. just because it didn't drop doesn't mean it won't work ever. I left my brain in my other trousers, lol.

0LIW0
07-13-18, 01:41 AM
Wow this event is badly managed. Good thing i know to come to the forum for info.

My premium chrst dropped 2 silver 1 gold coins.

Cottages seem to have a slightly better drop rate for wood coins but with 4 hr timer i think more farmhouses are better in that respect. But i got 10 of each out for Faunicorn event.

Blargh!! I hate stressy events.

mefys2
07-13-18, 01:44 AM
Man, I got no room after putting out all these buildings! And then I will be afraid to store them till someone has posted all the requirements for the entire event. LOL
I know annoying isn?t it, my normally ordered kingdom is now a total mess! What?s the point of building all the different buildings available including those from events & collecting the decorations that go with them when the events forces you to put them away & clutter your board with multiples in order to manage the collections required? I?d rather collect from different buildings rather than 4 or 10 or each.

sweerfarmer
07-13-18, 01:59 AM
Today for a new daily chest goal, I have received msg that u have already sent request to 25 of ur friends, it's getting harder day by day, if it's a bug then plz fix it, otherwise I m unable to play daily goals or S8 doesn't want us to get chests from daily goals.

katbtodd
07-13-18, 01:59 AM
How do we get more keys . This morning since it was check marked it said I already had them , so I'm stuck it auto competed no keys

mefys2
07-13-18, 02:01 AM
Does anyone know if gothic cottages count for the story book goal? I don't really want to make more cottages if the gothic ones will work.

Edit: Also what about my level 6 and 7 cottages - will the goal recognize them?
Hmm maybe better build some more regular level 1 cottages just in case. Sigh.

Hi the game accepted my gothic cottages as part of the 10 count as well as level 6 & 7 cottages.

Maggieogden1307
07-13-18, 02:22 AM
But we need those flowers now to do event, not later! How must i get what's needed now if it is not available yet? Very poor planning i think!

FlowerBurst
07-13-18, 03:19 AM
How do we get more keys . This morning since it was check marked it said I already had them , so I'm stuck it auto competed no keys

The same thing happened to me, but more keys are coming in, and they are showing up in my inventory. Time will tell if I receive my daily max.

AnnirasSweets
But we need those flowers now to do event, not later! How must i get what's needed now if it is not available yet? Very poor planning i think!

Which goal are you speaking of specifically?

We don't need the flowers or trees until the Storybook Chapter goal asks for them (Day 4 of the event) which is when the crafts will appear in the Potion Shops. The only way to get these items sooner is if you gem ahead the chapters.

Since this is a Storybook event, we're not expected to craft the Fawnicorns until the final day of the event. Until then, we pretty much just ignore the Fabled Fawn Goal (in the goal book) and focus on the the sidebar goals (current Storybook chapter and The Meadow Wolf) in the meantime. I hope this clears things up for you.

kindefarm1890
I made a mistake last night. NorthWoodsKingdom responded with the requirements for step 3 which I knew if the task was ending in a few hours I wouldn't be able to complete. Since the task was changed to 10 days and the back of the card said you could have 99 keys I figured I could wait and decide what I wanted to do with the keys in the morning. This morning when I logged in the first step where you send out requests for keys auto completed because I had 20 keys in inventory. So today I am not able to request keys only respond to neighbor requests. Not certain why the card says you can have 99 if you must use them everyday. I think I preferred having to give them right away. Just letting everyone know if they don't already use all your keys everyday.

I went a head a used the keys on the premium check and received 1 silver and 2 gold coins. Like other players this event is already frustrating.

manu90ela
07-13-18, 04:18 AM
Can someone please explain how this storybook events work? what happens if I can't complete the first task (collect from 4 market places) in the first day? is there a task for every day? I read somewhere that someone gemmed the "collect from market places" and couldn't go ahead because he would have to wait for the next day to do the next task. Sorry it is the first time that I participate in such an event and it is a little bit confusing.
so let's say it takes me 4 days to complete the first task. do I also have to wait for the day after to do the next one? or can I complete all the tasks of the first 4 days afterwards?

Thanks for the help!

jbfps116
07-13-18, 04:26 AM
yea you may ONLY do one day at a time unless you gem skip to the next day. Even if you complete the tasks for the current day. and it gets more expensive to gem skip days the more you go up!

sweerfarmer
07-13-18, 04:34 AM
What's the next part after getting 20 keys? I have completed and nothing appears

vitorfelix31
07-13-18, 04:58 AM
the fabled fawn chapter 2 ??? anyone tell me please... thanks

BiggerBubbles
07-13-18, 05:09 AM
This morning I got the 20 keys, did a basic and deluxe trade using 15 keys, pretty sure I didn’t use the other 5 thought I’d save them up, well tonight on day 2 the key count climbed to 20 and that’s it, what happened to the 5 I already had, wish I’d used them. Did that happen to anyone else or am I imagining it?

dmpro
07-13-18, 05:10 AM
What's the next part after getting 20 keys? I have completed and nothing appears

Same thing here. I have 20 keys in my inventory but no chests or goals show up.

MoonVillage3
07-13-18, 05:14 AM
I ended day one with 15 keys. After day 2 started and the daily goal reset, 5 more keys rolled in and completed the new goal, and now I can't request more any keys today :( So i guess if you have less than 20 keys and the goal is about to expire, you should trade for a deluxe chest to maximize the daily goal

The same thing happened to me, but more keys are coming in, and they are showing up in my inventory. Time will tell if I receive my daily max.

As I posted my day ended with only 9/20 keys after sending out 40+20+20 requests in the hope of receiving more.
Today's keys started at 9/20.. same sheet as yesterday. :confused:
Have now completed but total receiving in 2 days of all keys is 20, instead of 40 :(
The total of crafting a chest is missing! So one chest less for me.

Sorry.. I judge this system as a flop and needs serious revising until it's fixed. It's not dependable how it's delivering now.

MoonVillage3
07-13-18, 05:21 AM

It said to go and craft your chests in the Workshop.. sorry I didn't take pic, but I'm quite annoyed as Workshops are BUSY crafting lanterns at full speed. Couldn't they have been crafted elsewhere? :(

ashley224
07-13-18, 05:23 AM

I believe this has to do with inactive neighbours that haven?t responded. Somehow the request remains stuck in their kingdoms and you can?t ask them for a new request because they haven?t replied to the last one. Once I did an inactive neighbour purge I no longer had this problem.

This is with regards to the messages that people are receiving saying that they have already requested keys from some of their neighbours.

ashley224
07-13-18, 05:28 AM
Once I had a game reset during/after I sent neighbour requests and got no replies. If you don’t receive any responses from any neighbours after an hour or so, try resending your requests.

Iceglimmer
07-13-18, 05:46 AM
Yep. The keys thing is making me pretty cross too.
I kept a list of who responded, because they disappear from the news list when you have about ten responses.
When I went to bed, I had 20 definite responses, according to news (and I kept a list of the names), but the count said 17.
I never got one from Stormy.
When I got up, the goal completed in that rush of screens that pop up, and I opened my 5 key chest, which was the next goal on the list.
And now, nothing. No new goal. I have force closed several times, but no way to request keys.
I still have lots of 'hammer time' kind of goals in my goal book, so I even opened each one in case I was just being blind.
I have responded to nine key requests this morning, but I can't send out my own.

garysafb
07-13-18, 05:51 AM
I completed my 20 key goal yesterday but I don't have a new goal today.

PrincessCupOButter
07-13-18, 06:12 AM
Can someone please explain how this storybook events work? what happens if I can't complete the first task (collect from 4 market places) in the first day? is there a task for every day? I read somewhere that someone gemmed the "collect from market places" and couldn't go ahead because he would have to wait for the next day to do the next task. Sorry it is the first time that I participate in such an event and it is a little bit confusing.
so let's say it takes me 4 days to complete the first task. do I also have to wait for the day after to do the next one? or can I complete all the tasks of the first 4 days afterwards?

Thanks for the help!

In these events a new set of tasks unlocks every 24 hours and we have 24 hours to complete each set of tasks. One new set of tasks opens each day.

If you complete the tasks in less than 24 hours, you have to wait until the next day to get the next set. ***Or you can use gems to start the next day early.

If it takes longer than 24 hours, the next day’s tasks will already be unlocked and ready to do as soon as you complete the tasks.

***If it takes you 3-4 days to complete the first set, then those days will be immediately unlocked as soon as you finally complete day one. If you complete the current daily tasks early, and choose to gem skip to start the next day, then you will have to wait until the next scheduled day unlocks. Meaning: If you finish day one, gem ahead to day two and complete it too, you will either have to gem ahead to day three also, or wait until day three actually begins (so you’ll sit idle during day two).

Also the timer. The timer on the outside of the goal (top right of your screen) rounds up. The timer inside the goal rounds down. So the outside might say 10 days left, while the inside says 9 days. The actual time left is the days listed on the inside plus the amount of hours left in the current day.

Hope this helps and doesn?t get lost in the key melee.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ps. My counter started at 15/20 keys and completed as soon as I hit 20 as well. I had sent out multiple requests before it completed, so we shall see if they keep coming, but imo the daily goals should start at zero every day, even if we have left overs from the day before. Otherwise why is the cap 99 instead of 20?

judafarm
07-13-18, 06:18 AM
I have 250 friends in Castle Story..most off them are active players..
By friends request for items I always get 20 a day..
Now that we need them everyday for the events, I get 11 til 14 a day 😩
How is that possible????
Is this on purpose???
Almost think like that 😡

Lavenderdale
07-13-18, 06:20 AM
Latest update of forum guide:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105295-Castle-Story-event-7-12-THE-MEADOW-WOLF&p=1526898&viewfull=1#post1526898

Wolf 6/6 Complete
Fawn 4/10 days complete

manu90ela
07-13-18, 06:22 AM
In these events a new set of tasks unlocks every 24 hours and we have 24 hours to complete each set of tasks. One new set of tasks opens each day.

If you complete the tasks in less than 24 hours, you have to wait until the next day to get the next set. ***Or you can use gems to start the next day early.

If it takes longer than 24 hours, the next day’s tasks will already be unlocked and ready to do as soon as you complete the tasks.

***If it takes you 3-4 days to complete the first set, then those days will be immediately unlocked as soon as you finally complete day one. If you complete the current daily tasks early, and choose to gem skip to start the next day, then you will have to wait until the next scheduled day unlocks. Meaning: If you finish day one, gem ahead to day two and complete it too, you will either have to gem ahead to day three also, or wait until day three actually begins (so you’ll sit idle during day two).

Also the timer. The timer on the outside of the goal (top right of your screen) rounds up. The timer inside the goal rounds down. So the outside might say 10 days left, while the inside says 9 days. The actual time left is the days listed on the inside plus the amount of hours left in the current day.

Hope this helps and doesn?t get lost in the key melee.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ps. My counter started at 15/20 keys and completed as soon as I hit 20 as well. I had sent out multiple requests before it completed, so we shall see if they keep coming, but imo the daily goals should start at zero every day, even if we have left overs from the day before. Otherwise why is the cap 99 instead of 20?

Wow thank you for this great explanation!

meme1098
07-13-18, 06:42 AM

Hopefully I understand your problem. I had no goal in the goal book this morning but a coin icon on the right opened the goal to request the keys. I better not get stuck again at 19. Saving Stormie for that emergency just in case.

PrincessCupOButter
07-13-18, 06:51 AM
Hopefully I understand your problem. I had no goal in the goal book this morning but a coin icon on the right opened the goal to request the keys. I better not get stuck again at 19. Saving Stormie for that emergency just in case.

I got the pop up to request keys, but it was already at 15/20. I sent out a lot of requests, but saved Stormie for “just in case”.
As soon as I got to 20, the goal completed, so Stormie is no longer an option. But i used 20 to get a chest (2 silver/1 gold), and I’m back up to 14 keys, so hopefully the last 6 will come in without me needing to send more requests.

garysafb2
07-13-18, 07:26 AM

Same here. I had 20 keys in inventory this morning and I went and did a premium trade. I now have 0 keys and NO NEW GOAL. I now don't have a way to send out new requests today. Why???

Iceglimmer
07-13-18, 07:27 AM

The coin icon on the right opens a goal to craft bronze and silver coins, and I'm half way through. Do I have to finish crafting all those coins before I can request keys again?

Iceglimmer
07-13-18, 07:43 AM

SgtBeebo.
The goal isn't appearing daily.

Stymie52
07-13-18, 07:57 AM
Many thanks, Lavenderdale, for your thorough presentation of all the goals associated with this event!

BufftonHeights
07-13-18, 08:06 AM
S8. The keys are a disaster and creating much confusion. Can you please provide some guidance/instruction.

I was stuck at 19 yesterday. Waited hours for Stormie and never received it. Reset dozens of times. This morning I still only had 19, but the goal was still open even tho it should have timed out, so still had the ability to request more. I have awesome neighbors and I immediately got the 20th and the goal ended, I believe from timing out. Since requesting the keys is only the first step of the daily goal, I’m not surprised we got no instructions to make chests. But now I have 39, so it appears I got my 20 for today, but since the first one went to yesterday’s goal I’m guessing when the daily quest finally comes I will be stuck at 19 again. I know I’m not explaining this well, but my point is I never have issues with gifts, so something must be wrong on the S8 end, and it appears this will now be a problem each and every day. Please don’t ignore our issues.

meme1098
07-13-18, 08:10 AM
The coin icon on the right opens a goal to craft bronze and silver coins, and I'm half way through. Do I have to finish crafting all those coins before I can request keys again?

Once I got my 20 keys & the goal completed, the coin icon reverted back to the coin crafting goal.

S8. The keys are a disaster and creating much confusion. Can you please provide some guidance/instruction.

I was stuck at 19 yesterday. Waited hours for Stormie and never received it. Reset dozens of times. This morning I still only had 19, but the goal was still open even tho it should have timed out, so still had the ability to request more. I have awesome neighbors and I immediately got the 20th and the goal ended, I believe from timing out. Since requesting the keys is only the first step of the daily goal, I’m not surprised we got no instructions to make chests. But now I have 39, so it appears I got my 20 for today, but since the first one went to yesterday’s goal I’m guessing when the daily quest finally comes I will be stuck at 19 again. I know I’m not explaining this well, but my point is I never have issues with gifts, so something must be wrong on the S8 end, and it appears this will now be a problem each and every day. Please don’t ignore our issues.

Your absolutely right! This daily key thing is turning into a total nightmare! I'm sure S8 servers are so overloaded with requests all being sent simultaneously that they get jammed up pretty quickly.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-13-18, 08:15 AM
I made a mistake last night. NorthWoodsKingdom responded with the requirements for step 3 which I knew if the task was ending in a few hours I wouldn't be able to complete. Since the task was changed to 10 days and the back of the card said you could have 99 keys I figured I could wait and decide what I wanted to do with the keys in the morning. This morning when I logged in the first step where you send out requests for keys auto completed because I had 20 keys in inventory. So today I am not able to request keys only respond to neighbor requests. Not certain why the card says you can have 99 if you must use them everyday. I think I preferred having to give them right away. Just letting everyone know if they don't already use all your keys everyday.

I went a head a used the keys on the premium check and received 1 silver and 2 gold coins. Like other players this event is already frustrating.

SgtBeebo.
I think I know where some of the confusion lies.... and I got confused yesterday, thinking they were the same goal line but they're not.

There are TWO goals in our books with the SAME DANG NAME!

There's the 6-parter called The Meadow Wolf which lasts 10 days that I responded to kindefarm about yesterday:

..and then there's the DAILY goal...also called The Meadow Wolf with only ONE step: get 20 keys (can't imagine HOW we're getting confused, lol)

When the day resets for S8 at midnight Pacific time, any keys that come in from the previous day's request counts for your current day when you log in (it's counting keys in inventory that weren't used the previous day) so that's why some folks' daily goal is autocompleting, cuz you already have 20+ keys in inventory.
Guess we need to USE our daily keys cuz if they build up over 20 by the next day, we can't ask for more unless we have less than 20 in our inventory when that Daily goal pops up...

Lol, did that make sense to anyone AT ALL?? LOL

Shouldn't the Daily Goal be called Community Chests?
Whyyyyyyy give the same name to 2 separate book goals, S8???!
That's only compounding the confusion that this event established right out of the gate, with there being no explanations about anything in the game. LOL
I feel sorry for the poor folks who don't visit the forum, sheesh.

lizzytish24
07-13-18, 08:17 AM
I always thought it had to do with previous invites lagging behind ie a bug. But having said that I also thought it was a case of ?all invites get sent? but only ?20 return each day? so by day 3 you could have 60. But i?d be lucky to achieve that sent out probably over 40 last night and sent at least another 20 and still only got 18 this morning. Looks like I?m not gonna make another chest.

I have found that CS sends tth first 20 requests in order that they are submitted. Computer only allows so much incoming mail at a time. If I submit requests in order as listed, I have slower returns . None active players hold up the works.when I select the ones I know are active first?-20?- then finish my neighbor list, I often have my needed 20 in a few hours. CS continues to send requests for this day, in order submitted until 24 hours have passed. So, if I select nonreturner neighbors,, I still have to wait until their mail requests are delivered. When I play this way, I have much quicker results.the late returned from previous requests come in prior to new quest requests. That?s why you are not getting current requests returns. Until the Crab request list is completed. That?s how I have come to understand the problem,

PrincessCupOButter
07-13-18, 08:21 AM

Well, now we know why. They set it up so that it is impossible to get 20 keys per day if we have any in inventory from the day before. :mad:

I finally managed to get all 20 yesterday. I used 5 for the basic chest in the goal, and had 15 left over. (A mistake I wish I hadn’t made! Should have just done the 20 coin chest for the better rewards.) This morning I got the goal to ask for keys but it showed I already had 15/20, and as soon as I got 5 responses, the goal completed, leaving me unable to send any more requests. Now I am stuck on 19 keys for today (again :mad:). (I used 20 on a chest and now have 14. It’s been over 3 hours since the last one came in.) But I am unable to send any more requests, or request from Stormie to get the 20th key. So we are penalized for having leftover keys in inventory.

S8, the cap on the card back says 99. We are allowed 20 responses per day. The daily counter should start at 0/20 regardless of whether we have any keys in inventory.

It also appears we are all saying the same thing in different ways, but the bottom line is that we can’t get 20 keys per day if we have any leftover in inventory. Making the game frustrating does not make it fun.

I’ve also noticed that I’m getting less requests today. Could it be that people are just not playing? Or the more likely explanation that there are many players who aren’t able to send out requests, due to leftover keys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge thanks to Lavenderdale for creating a goals list. And federerGoat for creating the storybook thread!!

meme1098
07-13-18, 08:29 AM
YeeHaw! Used my keys to open the Deluxe Chest & got 2 silver & 2 gold coins.(not my first but the best results so far) So the craft a gold coin got ticked off! Just need 1 more silver. Dilly ⚔️ Dilly!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, bingo! S8 requesting system has turned into a nightmare for a lot of players.
Today everything worked out for me but I'm sure I'll be in that boat eventually if S8 does nothing to clear this mess up.

And, btw, didn't S8 at one time up the allowable answered requests to 25 sometime back because of so many players getting stuck at 19? Or am I remembering that wrong?

kindefarm1890
07-13-18, 08:31 AM
I think I know where some of the confusion lies.... and I got confused yesterday, thinking they were the same goal line but they're not.

There's the 6-parter called The Meadow Wolf which lasts 10 days that I responded to kindefarm about yesterday:

..and then there's the DAILY goal...also called The Meadow Wolf with only ONE step: get 20 keys (can't imagine HOW we're getting confused, lol)

When the day resets for S8 at midnight Pacific time, any keys that come in from the previous day's request counts for your current day when you log in (it's counting keys in inventory that weren't used the previous day) so that's why some folks' daily goal is autocompleting, cuz you already have 20+ keys in inventory.
Guess we need to USE our daily keys cuz if they build up over 20 by the next day, we can't ask for more unless we have less than 20 in our inventory when that Daily goal pops up...

That's only compounding the confusion that this event established right out of the gate, with there being no explanations about anything in the game. LOL

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that sending out the requests was the first of the 6 tasks for the meadow wolf not a separate task. It also explains why the goal went from daily to 10 days. Nothing I can do today since I lost the ability to send out requests but I will remember to use up all the keys before the next day starts.

newpam575
07-13-18, 08:59 AM
SgtBeebo.

Yes, please explain / describe better when we will see the request the keys goal (s). It doesn't appear to be consistent for all players.
Thanks

Galadraal
07-13-18, 09:43 AM
The simple answer to not being able to ask for more keys is ask EVERYONE for keys. Just because you only need 5. Ask everyone. Today I asked everyone except Stormy in case I get the 19 problem. Yesterday I was stuck on 18 but got the last one shortly before I was going to sleep

MoonVillage3
07-13-18, 09:47 AM
YeeHaw! Used my keys to open the Deluxe Chest & got 2 silver & 2 gold coins.(not my first but the best results so far) So the craft a gold coin got ticked off! Just need 1 more silver. Dilly ⚔️ Dilly!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, bingo! S8 requesting system has turned into a nightmare for a lot of players.
Today everything worked out for me but I'm sure I'll be in that boat eventually if S8 does nothing to clear this mess up.

And, btw, didn't S8 at one time up the allowable answered requests to 25 sometime back because of so many players getting stuck at 19? Or am I remembering that wrong?

ding! this rings a bell! yes.. where did the 25 go?
however.. best to use as many keys as you can and not to have leftovers. seems when you have keys in your inventory u're not getting your full day's share.. only what's missing to total 20.
at least.. that's what happened to me.
I've crafted all but one.. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

SofiaDeo
07-13-18, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the help!
It appears S8 is now using the same event format here, as currently used in Dragon Story. So even though there is a “daily goal” (like 4 Marketplaces) if it takes several days, the other days’ worth will appear without an extra 24 hour wait As The Event Progresses. So, If Day 3 of an event hasn’t occurred, (i.e. this is Day 2 of the event), you can’t gem ahead. This kind of confusion is why I quit paying for event perks in Dragon Story; now S8 is messing up THIS game (yes, I had already purchased this event package, and even though I got 20 keys, the counter STILL didnt work. sigh.). So S8 isn’t going to get me to purchase any more gems, or event perks, for Castle Story since they brought the glitchy buggy code format from another game here. And why oh why couldn’t they do some advertising for the new format instead of constant “Clue Bingo”? P.S. Storm8, if I haven’t been enticed to download after 6 months, you are wasting my time, which makes me even less inclined to spend real $. Dragon Story forces me to go through up to 10 screens at login (and I play 4 accounts since I am disabled & my entertainment budget is on gaming) which turns me off so much I dont pay there anymore. Hopefully Castle Story won’t morph into Dragon Story.
And everyone beware—-in Dragon Story, this event format allows ya to do certain things ahead of time, but it doesn’t always work. So be extremly careful. For example, yesterday, when 2 account counters showed less than 20 keys, the software storyline jumped to the next item (where the Baron talks about coins, and you are supposed to make a 5 key Bronze chest). Since I had just checked my counters and they definately weren’t at 20, I assumed I could make the 5 key chest ahead of time, similar to what we can do in Dragon Story. So I made (but didnt collect, you can’t collect, you just can make ahead and have sitting to be collected, in Dragon Story) the 5 key bronze chest on my remaining 2 accounts. One of those accounts never registered the 20 keys. So I missed on crafting from keys on 2 accounts. However, one of those accounts opened this AM with 22 keys! And I could send requests to everyone again. So their “key-related” software is definately messed up, since others have reported they lost keys overnight. Sigh. I guess the universe is telling me not to spend $ online gaming lolololol since things don’t work. I also play War Dragons and the devs there will give mass gifts to everyone when events are especially screwed up, but I have yet to see S8 offer anything. And I been gaming online with S8 games since 2009.

manu90ela
07-13-18, 10:54 AM
I haven't got this coin craft goal in my goal book at all. And I've already crafted the first premium chest (means I got my first 20 keys). Todays community key goal just stayed there and now it says 2/20 because I got another two keys after the first 20.......

garysafb2
07-13-18, 11:03 AM
SgtBeebo.

My Meadow Wolf daily goal still has not appeared for me today. I take by S8 silence that it isn't going to be addressed today. Doesn't seem right to me.

meme1098
07-13-18, 11:08 AM
My Meadow Wolf daily goal still has not appeared for me today. I take by S8 silence that it isn't going to be addressed today. Doesn't seem right to me.

And it's a Friday so they'll have 2 weekend days of silence too. 🙄

suzishine
07-13-18, 11:19 AM

I don?t have that goal.... only daily, and now that?s gone because I got 20 keys today....

bensbakery2005
07-13-18, 11:27 AM
This is so frustrating! I have one Community key but have no idea how to ask for more. I've searched all the usual avenues with no luck. I wish I'd never started this goal as there is no way I can complete it at this rate. Can anyone tell me how to ask my lovely neighbours for more keys?

SgtBeebo
07-13-18, 11:47 AM
This is so frustrating! I have one Community key but have no idea how to ask for more. I've searched all the usual avenues with no luck. I wish I'd never started this goal as there is no way I can complete it at this rate. Can anyone tell me how to ask my lovely neighbours for more keys?

We will look into a fix for this issue ASAP.

jkc619
07-13-18, 11:54 AM
After the ten farm houses you need to go to the library. Then you need to go to the library again to find the fawn book. I had 3 libraries out and needed all three. Now the next part is closed.
For 12 hours
I am also writing down who responds to my key requests and those who requested so I will know who to send requests to in the future. I hope the info helps a little

CharlieGirl9
07-13-18, 12:15 PM
I'm up to part 6 of the 'Meadow Wolf' which is asking me to give gold coins and platinum coins. If I 'give' them, will I still have them for crafting the wolf? It says that the reward for giving, is the wolf. Does that mean I don't have to tie up my workshop for an hour crafting it?

88silver
07-13-18, 12:22 PM
I got 20 keys, the You Did It window popped up while I was still getting into the game (news popup still not closed), and my game promptly crashed. When I got back into the game, I have no sign of any meadow wolf goals.

SgtBeebo
07-13-18, 12:24 PM
I'm up to part 6 of the 'Meadow Wolf' which is asking me to give gold coins and platinum coins. If I 'give' them, will I still have them for crafting the wolf? It says that the reward for giving, is the wolf. Does that mean I don't have to tie up my workshop for an hour crafting it?

Correct, the Wolf is a quest reward given once you give the coins to the quest.

bumbleebeeville
07-13-18, 12:25 PM

Hmmm this six parter isn?t actually in my book. Now I know why every one was talking about the required eight bronze exchange. How do I get this task? I am already working on the storybook and the daily task. Does it only show up after you have reached the required 20 keys?

Scratte717
07-13-18, 12:29 PM
Hmmm this six parter isn?t actually in my book. Now I know why every one was talking about the required eight bronze exchange. How do I get this task? I am already working on the storybook and the daily task. Does it only show up after you have reached the required 20 keys?

Same here. Six part goal was in my book with 13 hours timer at the very beginning, but since I did not collect 20 responses in those hours, it expired. On next day I did not get Six part goal back with 10 days timer, but instead - only daily goal with one step. Is it how it is supposed to be?

I do have wolf available to craft in workshop for 3 platinum and 8 gold coins Is this the same wolf that others get from 6 part goal?

CharlieGirl9
07-13-18, 12:35 PM
Correct, the Wolf is a quest reward given once you give the coins to the quest. He is not craftable.

Hmm. Because he is in the workshop. Takes one hour. Can't take a pic right now because I am crafting.
Edit: here we go.

Does this mean we can craft a second one?

bensbakery2005
07-13-18, 12:42 PM
What time is the reset for this? In the U.K. It seems to happen overnight which is useless when the goal only lasts for 13 hours...I'm asleep for 8 of them! A goal needs 24 hours as we are all scattered around the world. It's almost 9pm here and I'm still waiting to be able to ask for Community keys. The goal seems to be impossible! Please change the parameters.

joelynjellybean
07-13-18, 12:46 PM
I haven't had the 6 part wolf goal but I did have the daily ask for 20 keys goal. Now when I opened my game I finished my 20 keys for today and got a different goal that is called "community keys" for 9 days. Is this replacing the 6 part wolf goal? I don't want to buy chests and then be stuck. And there was another goal a "thank you from storm8" to accept 20 keys. Accepted and the goal completed.

SgtBeebo
07-13-18, 12:49 PM
There should now be a new quest now called "Community Keys", this will allow you to ask neighbors for keys even if you've asked for the daily 20. If you spend you keys to open chests, you can lose progress on this quest, but don't worry -- it doesn't count towards progression, it's simply there to act as a permanent way to ask your friends for more.

There should also be a quest rewarding players 20 keys live for the next 24 hours for those who missed out on their daily today.

SgtBeebo
07-13-18, 12:53 PM
Hmm. Because he is in the workshop. Takes one hour. Can't take a pic right now because I am crafting.
Edit: here we go.

Does this mean we can craft a second one?

My mistake, I have adjusted my previous comment. You will not be able to give them to the quest AND craft him with the same coins, no, but you will receive him from the quest if you give your coins. You can gain additional coins to craft a second Meadow Wolf if you wish.

paddock4
07-13-18, 12:59 PM
paddock4 posted that his haunted cottage worked.

at the beginning of this event, the gothic workshop wasn't working - Storm8 fixed it. but maybe the oversight extended to the gothic cottage this time?

idk, maybe s/he got them accidentally mixed up

I got some wood coins wtih toadstool farmhause/cottage, also hounted cottage. But it does not work for the 10 cottages colections.

joelynjellybean
07-13-18, 01:02 PM
So are we still supposed to have the 6 part meadow wolf goal because that was in my list yesterday but hasn't been in my list all day today?

meme1098
07-13-18, 01:11 PM
There should now be a new quest now called "Community Keys", this will allow you to ask neighbors for keys even if you've asked for the daily 20. If you spend you keys to open chests, you can lose progress on this quest, but don't worry -- it doesn't count towards progression, it's simply there to act as a permanent way to ask your friends for more.

Thanks for resolving this issue before the weekend.

Got the free keys & the new goal is no longer daily.

It's timed the same as the storybook goal now.

clarontinalisa
07-13-18, 01:17 PM
I haven't had the 6 part wolf goal but I did have the daily ask for 20 keys goal. Now when I opened my game I finished my 20 keys for today and got a different goal that is called "community keys" for 9 days. Is this replacing the 6 part wolf goal? I don't want to buy chests and then be stuck. And there was another goal a "thank you from storm8" to accept 20 keys. Accepted and the goal completed.

I don?t have the 6 part wolf goal either, not sure how to get it? Can anyone explain please

CharlieGirl9
07-13-18, 01:19 PM
Thank you SgtB. That solved my issues.

jbfps116
07-13-18, 01:22 PM
why is there a gift pack with 1 meadow tree seed???? is that so we can grow a second one? any pics of this tree to see if it's even worth it?

CharlieGirl9
07-13-18, 01:25 PM
On a different note, I can't imagine many people will be collecting wooden coins to make the second wolf, but if you are planning on a second wolf, the gem skip for 8 gold coins in the goal is a total of 40, while the per-unit cost of gold coins in the workshop is 10 gems each, and you need eight, so that's 80 gems in the workshop. If you are going to need to use gems to make a second wolf, it's cheaper to gem skip the gold coin part of the goal wolf than to buy gold coins to craft the wolf in the workshop. (The gem cost of platinum coins is the same for both workshop and goal).

(And as I was typing this, I had 13 requests for keys!)

mistycarrie
07-13-18, 01:37 PM
Really enjoying this quest thank you
Can I ask S8 - I’ve completed chapter 3 and sat waiting for chapter 4 but I notice my potion shop has the options to make sunburst flowers and meadow tree - which I believe is part of chapter 4 - if I make these in advance will they count or do I need to wait until the chapter is live

meme1098
07-13-18, 01:39 PM
On a different note, I can't imagine many people will be collecting wooden coins to make the second wolf, but if you are planning on a second wolf, the gem skip for 8 gold coins in the goal is a total of 40, while the per-unit cost of gold coins in the workshop is 10 gems each, and you need eight, so that's 80 gems in the workshop. If you are going to need to use gems to make a second wolf, it's cheaper to gem skip the gold coin part of the goal wolf than to buy gold coins to craft the wolf in the workshop. (The gem cost of platinum coins is the same for both workshop and goal).

(And as I was typing this, I had 13 requests for keys!)

See my post at the top of this page.

Andro45
07-13-18, 02:00 PM
It definitely is confusing. I had the six part meadow wolf goal in my goal book, which is gone now. I do have the option to craft the meadow wolf in my workshop.

I got the thank you 20 keys from S8 and a new Community goal of 200 keys.

I had 28 keys in inventory and now it says 14% done of the 200 keys - 25% in kingdom #2, with 49 keys in inventory, after using 40 it says 9/200 in my goalbook - .
Yesterday I didn't get the full 20 keys, but I didn't expect that, because I started playing in the evening (my game resets in the morning) and I guess I have a lot of neighbors near my timezone.

What time is the reset for this? In the U.K. My game resets at 9 AM (GMT +2), I think yours should reset at 8 AM. So you should be able to send out new requests then.

CharmOfLea
07-13-18, 02:09 PM

Can we receive more than 20 keys per 24h period now?

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 02:15 PM
We're looking into the issue of the 6 part Goal missing for some players.

Andro45
07-13-18, 02:18 PM

I don't think that it works that way (yet?). I had my 20 keys in 4 hours ago and tried to send out a couple of new requests just now, but I got the "already sent" message.

SgtBeebo
07-13-18, 02:21 PM

Unfortunately no, but for the time being this is the best fix to keep that button disappearing for players who received all 20 for the day.

Glimmerless
07-13-18, 02:26 PM
I need clarification. I don't understand what's going on at all. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Is the Meadow Wolf event just collecting Wood Coins from buildings and crafting more coins in the Workshop? People mentioned crafting coins for goal requirements? I didn't have those requirements pop at for me at all, not in Kingdom Goals or the right side. Do I have to craft a certain amount before they appear?

Or has that been removed in favor of "Community Keys"??

myhsplace
07-13-18, 02:34 PM
I need clarification. I don't understand what's going on at all. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Is the Meadow Wolf event just collecting Wood Coins from buildings and crafting more coins in the Workshop? People mentioned crafting coins for goal requirements? I didn't have those requirements pop at for me at all, not in Kingdom Goals or the right side. Do I have to craft a certain amount before they appear?

Or has that been removed in favor of "Community Keys"??

finallyyy found answer (i shall start reading at end of thread next time lol) on post #230, pika said they are looking into why goal is missing for some of us players..

wamboltia
07-13-18, 02:49 PM
Well I got my pop-up this morning telling me to ask neighbors for keys and request my neighbors. Just got another pop-up saying the same thing but it shows me at 9% complete. Then popped up yet again and shows 18/20 keys. Very frustrating.

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 02:52 PM
If you were missing the 6 part 'The Meadow Wolf' Goal, please force close your game and you should see it back in your Kingdom Goals list.

bumbleebeeville
07-13-18, 03:09 PM
I just force closed and mine still is not showing up.

doodledoo20000
07-13-18, 03:26 PM
Some people may not have seen the six part goal because it expired so fast. When I didn't get the 20 requests back within the time required, all the rest of the goals disappeared....

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 03:40 PM

Looking into this again, thanks for the report.

Listal
07-13-18, 03:44 PM
I got my 1st 20 keys from friends but can not find the chests to open them!?

canyon123rose
07-13-18, 03:45 PM
I don?t have that goal.... only daily, and now that?s gone because I got 20 keys today....

I don?t have the Meadow Wolf goal in my Kingdom Goals ... only the Fawn goal and now today the key goal -Community Keys. Am I supposed to have something called Meadow Wolf? I think I had it but gone now .... this challenge seems to be pretty glitchy and not well executed.

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 03:46 PM

I don?t have the Meadow Wolf goal in my Kingdom Goals ... only the Fawn goal and now today the key goal -Community Keys. Am I supposed to have something called Meadow Wolf? I think I had it but gone now .... this challenge seems to be pretty glitchy and not well executed.

You should see The Meadow Wolf Goals now. :)

If anyone else is still missing it, please let us know!

bumbleebeeville
07-13-18, 03:48 PM
Looking into this again, thanks for the report.

Yeah! So good news the six goals is showing up now , bad news my game was deleted from the devices I was playing on. Fortunately my game was still working on my phone and I do not have to go back to level one.

BufftonHeights
07-13-18, 03:51 PM
Thank you for the 20 keys and the new way to accumulate keys. Also thank you for listening to our issue and helping fix.

canyon123rose
07-13-18, 03:51 PM

I have tried force closing several times but still no joy.

Andro45
07-13-18, 03:52 PM
I have the six part goal back, but todays keys don't count (I had already used my keys), so I have to start again at part one. Oh well, off to sleep and we'll see tomorrow...

@Listal: you have to craft the chest in the workshop, you have to scroll down beneath the coins.

canyon123rose
07-13-18, 03:53 PM
Yes just checked again and it’s there. thanks! Plowing ahead really want that wolf :)

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 03:53 PM
Yeah! So good news the six goals is showing up now , bad news my game was deleted from the devices I was playing on. Fortunately my game was still working on my phone and I do not have to go back to level one.

Please force close your game, you should see your progress on your device.