PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

CharmOfLea
07-13-18, 03:57 PM
Is this one supposed to have six steps? It has 5. Yes, force closed twice.

bumbleebeeville
07-13-18, 04:04 PM
Please force close your game, you should see your progress on your device.
I tried force closing and restarted the device but level one was all I got. I just installed baking story and it let me rewrite my level 50 game over the new level one so it is back and all is good.

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 04:10 PM
I tried force closing and restarted the device but level one was all I got. I just installed baking story and it let me rewrite my level 50 game over the new level one so it is back and all is good.

Glad to hear you got your account back!

PikaSquirrel
07-13-18, 04:12 PM
Is this one supposed to have six steps? It has 5. Yes, force closed twice.

Yes, this is intended for players that activated this Goal yesterday, but didn't complete the first goal and lost access to the 6 part "The Meadow Wolf' Goal. You're just missing the very first Goal and seeing the same exact Goals from the 2nd to 6th Goal.

federerGOAT
07-13-18, 04:16 PM
There's no disadvantage in skipping the side goal is there?
Apart from saving one hr not having to craft the wolf in the workshop?

At this stage, I'd rather not craft a basic chest and save that 5 keys towards a deluxe chest for the gold coins.
For some reason I can only get 19 neighbours response (happened yesterday and today again), so those five keys will come in handy.

PrincessCupOButter
07-13-18, 04:16 PM
Thank you S8 for the quick fix on the key request issue! And also for the 20 keys!

CharmOfLea
07-13-18, 04:20 PM
Yes, this is intended for players that activated this Goal yesterday, but didn't complete the first goal and lost access to the 6 part "The Meadow Wolf' Goal. You're just missing the very first Goal and seeing the same exact Goals from the 2nd to 6th Goal.

Thank you!

PrincessCupOButter
07-13-18, 04:24 PM
There's no disadvantage in skipping the side goal is there?
Apart from saving one hr not having to craft the wolf in the workshop?

At this stage, I'd rather not craft a basic chest and save that 5 keys towards a deluxe chest for the gold coins.
For some reason I can only get 19 neighbours response (happened yesterday and today again), so those five keys will come in handy.

The only disadvantage I can see is missing out on the wolf prize. There is also the loss of a few coins and XP. But if you only want one wolf, then I’d definitely skip the basic chest. (Plus, those who want to, may be able to craft more than one)

I’m also stuck at 19 keys per day, but the fix today allowed me to request from Stormie after all, and I was lucky enough to receive # 20 from them. From now on, I?m saving Stormie until I already have 19.

Glimmerless
07-13-18, 05:16 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. There is a whole set of goals I didn't get. No wonder I was so confused!!!

I thought the event this time is so straightforward that I was being a dumbass by not knowing what is going on. I saw it mentioned as a side quest (it was probably just Neighbor asks, not the entire event, but my brain made me think differently as I was trying to make sense of it), so it sounded reasonable to me that I couldn't find any other info on it. Just convert the coins in Workshop = get Meadow Wolf item.

The Meadow Wolf event didn't even seem big enough to warrant its own thread, I wondered why it wasn't called The Fabled Fawn instead. But there are actual goal tasks associated with it and there are steps that guide you through it and show how you are progressing in the event! So far, I think I can finish, but I feel really behind, as I was waiting around wondering if it was even possible to start collecting coins without any prompting. I'm feeling the additional stress from that. At my current point, I've made Bronze Coins that don't count for the goal requirement, so it's going to take me even longer to reach 8 to get to the next goal.

And I'm experiencing the same neighbor request delays as everyone else. I'm slightly fortunate in the way that when Day 2 started, I sent asks to everyone I thought was active when I was at 16/20 keys and had some "extra" delivered to me after reaching 20/20 and making a Premium Chest. And thus had enough to be able to make a Basic Chest for the belated goal requirements today. Even though the game notifies me that they've been delivered, I haven't been getting deliveries from the same neighbors I've accepted requests from, so it's a HUGE GUESSING GAME who I should send requests to when the next goal pops up: neighbors who have been accepting (already notified might pop up) OR neighbors who haven't been able(?) to accept yet(?) but have definitely been sending me requests so I KNOW they are active? When I've already sent 20 asks, a lot of the time, I'll get a delivery from the 24th or 27th or 28th neighbor I've sent asks to, basically from the second set of asks. So where did unanswered requests from the first set go? Did they get overwritten, if only 20 deliveries are made in a day?

I know problems can occur that people making these events don't know how to predict, but the fact is that my experience with BOTH events so far has been nothing but trouble. The missing set of goals aside, I'm pretty unfamiliar with Storybook method(?), so I didn't know about having new tasks each day and the wait time in between completing them (a person on the forum kindly explained; thank you!). I was super stressed about what I saw as being a whole day behind when I didn't complete the Marketplace task on Day 1. With my limited energy resources and not knowing what future goals might require of me (Sunburst seeds that I can't begin collecting??), I wondered if this would become an unfinished event for me at the slow pace I was going. I mean, I might find myself choosing to complete the Wood Coins thing I'm already working on or stopping in the middle to gather the items that the Fawn is going to require.

I hope the team behind this works on the introducing these events in ways that players won't be unnecessarily confused and stressed. I get pop ups on the Chests, Gem sales, other games, I hope it's not too much to ask for a pop up explaining how an event might work if it's going to differ so significantly from the norm. The very first pop up I got when all this started said to make a Fawn in the Forge, so I waited 2 hours for one to free up before I realized it's not even the first step... it's the end goal. But I figured it was an event item that dropped stuff we would need, which I was completely wrong about. Just a lot of unclear things going on.

Sorry for the word vomit. But I'm feeling much better now. :D

CathyDucky
07-13-18, 05:19 PM
After i collected from my 3rd and 4th market place building, this part was completed and the visit 10 cottages goal appeared. However when i clicked at the 1st cottage, it did not registered and i went to check and found the storybook goal was not there anymore. Force closed a few times but still not appearing. Just submitted a ticket to S8 support team and hopefully it can be resolved soon. Anyone has this problem?

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 07:01 PM
I finished the Meadow Wolf Goals and once I placed the Meadow Wolf, I got a pop up and the goal started again back at goal 1 so it looks like we'll be able to complete the Meadow Wolf goals as many times as we like throughout the event.

It doesn't make much sense to me because (unless I'm confused) the only reason to keep doing the goals is because you get the wolf immediately instead of having to craft it... right?

SofiaDeo
07-13-18, 07:07 PM
Really enjoying this quest thank you
Can I ask S8 - I?ve completed chapter 3 and sat waiting for chapter 4 but I notice my potion shop has the options to make sunburst flowers and meadow tree - which I believe is part of chapter 4 - if I make these in advance will they count or do I need to wait until the chapter is live

It depends on how the game request is set up. In Dragon Story, some things can be done ahead, some not. If the task says “Start to craft......” you can’t do it ahead of time. If the task says “Have 3 (whatever)” you probably can do it ahead of time. HOWEVER, since this event style is new to this game, best bet is to wait.....there have been glitches on things that shouldn’t glitch already. IMHO. lolol

SofiaDeo
07-13-18, 07:10 PM
I got my 1st 20 keys from friends but can not find the chests to open them!?

You Make the chests with the keys.

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 08:45 PM
Whoot! I made a premium chest using the second set of 20 keys from s8 and it dropped 2 Silver and 4 gold. That's definitely the highest I've gotten yet.

While I don't hate this method for crafting an event animal, I'll admit I absolutely prefer the standard slay, collect, craft method. It just seems to me that all this coin crafting and exchanging is making it more complicated than necessary and I see no real reason for it.

riverly
07-13-18, 09:07 PM
What is the percentage for. I have 28%. Honestly I'm to the point of being afraid to do anything. Are we supposed to be trying for a higher percentage?

janddolphins
07-13-18, 09:12 PM
So much for these events! At least I have something to keep me busy, not to mention another game started today two events in the game! Glad for it though :)

Still need to get my footing in this one, really read through goals and posts as I know I?m behind but hopefully it will let me plan better.

Just to keep one thread and not write another, as my sig says I generally am not looking for neighbors but if for an event to help out I?m more than happy. Just shy of 200 people myself after my spring cleaning lol. So feel free to add me, I check probably 20 times a day lol.

SpiritWind00
07-13-18, 10:15 PM
I'm back! Give me an hour or so and I'll have everything in one place! Looks like you've all been busy in my absence :)

Can I also send a *Huge* thank you to those who have helped others and to those who've been writing up the goals so far. You are all amazing and I'm so thankful to be a part of this awesome community. xxx

MoonVillage3
07-13-18, 10:27 PM
I'm back! Give me an hour or so and I'll have everything in one place! Looks like you've all been busy in my absence :)

Can I also send a *Huge* thank you to those who have helped others and to those who've been writing up the goals so far. You are all amazing and I'm so thankful to be a part of this awesome community. xxx

OMG how good to see you!!!
We've had so much help there're bits and pieces are all over the place.. but the info is all there if you jump around.
It's quite a confusing event, maybe too many things offered at the same time with alot of what was happening before and abit glitchy, even if not serious.

Good Luck! I just know you'll organize our forum info again.

MoonVillage3
07-13-18, 10:38 PM
Whoot! I made a premium chest using the second set of 20 keys from s8 and it dropped 2 Silver and 4 gold. That's definitely the highest I've gotten yet.

While I don't hate this method for crafting an event animal, I'll admit I absolutely prefer the standard slay, collect, craft method. It just seems to me that all this coin crafting and exchanging is making it more complicated than necessary and I see no real reason for it.

It would be good if the dumb % sign would move. Mine's not going anywhere. I'll see today with the new day if something moves here.. it's under observation!
Differently from the former events my delivery of keys are stalled. Progress tab keeps flashing on that goal.. but % total doesn't move at all nor in my inventory or goals.
I finally crafted a chest with the s8 key gift y'day.. but that was the end. I know the tab flashes too when fixes are coming in.. so I'm always hoping in something good :confused:

PurpleScorpion76
07-13-18, 10:43 PM
I?ve just caught up because of that silly request for 4 Marketplaces then I spawned a boar while collecting from the cottages and low and behold it restnched and went back to the marketplace quest. No lie... 3 of my 10 cottages had been collected from the Boar was still there and the Marketplaces hadn?t been collected from. So I had to wait for the cottages again even though I put them out plenty of hours before I needed them because I knew i was behind. I?m glad s8 saw it in their wisdom to be sensible with these two chapters as a whole. On another note all this side stuff is incredibly confusing. For once I?m lost with it. Maybe because I?m doing extra hours this weekend. So hopefully it settles down soon.

nukesters2
07-13-18, 10:48 PM

Hurray!!! I am sooooo lost!! Lol!

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 11:00 PM
What is the percentage for. I have 28%. Honestly I'm to the point of being afraid to do anything. Are we supposed to be trying for a higher percentage?

When they changed the Community Chest goal timer from daily to match the event length instead, they also changed it from Ask for 20 Keys to Ask for 200 Keys. I don't think it changes anything for us, as players, because it still would be 20 per day and there's no reward for completing that goal other than the keys themselves. I just think it was a tweak so the goal stays until the end instead of resetting each day which was causing trouble for some.

Things like this make me wonder how on earth the non-forum players can complete events with all the switching and tweaking of goals. I feel like they should have something in-game where they could put useful info like goal changes (think message board but only s8 can write on it) so that we're not dependent on pop-ups or word of mouth to figure these things out.

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 11:24 PM
Forgot to post this earlier:

8 hour timer, 32 gem speed up, 2x1 footprint, drops 2-3 items per collection

So far, drops have included:
1-3 Meadow Wolf Fang, 1-3 Meadow Pelt, Fur, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Elvenite, Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern.

*not sure the amounts of some of the drops since I'm maxed on most of them*

Lavenderdale
07-13-18, 11:48 PM
Forgot to post this earlier:

8 hour timer, 32 gem speed up, 2x1 footprint, drops 2-3 items per collection

So far, drops have included:
1-3 Meadow Wolf Fang, 1-3 Meadow Pelt, Fur, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Elvenite, Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern.

*not sure the amounts of some of the drops since I'm maxed on most of them*

attachments not working. i assume this is meadow wolf. did you craft it or "give" it?

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 11:53 PM
attachments not working. i assume this is meadow wolf. did you craft it or "give" it?

Tried to fix the pic, hope it works now. For this first one, I did it through the goal thinking that it would complete it and get it out of my book. However, as soon as I placed the wolf, the Meadow Wolf goal popped up again back at goal 1. I'm pretty sure that regardless of which way you get the Meadow Wolf you can craft multiples.

alexversailles
07-14-18, 12:03 AM
Chapter 3, first goal: collect from Thomas house. Collected 2 times (second speeding up with gems) and goal does not complete :-(

PurpleScorpion76
07-14-18, 12:19 AM
I?m clearly not thinking straight I know why I?m so busy. But I sent an adventure last night. Darn it. Not spending gems to hurry that one up yet. Maybe when it gets down to about 5 gems but it 69. Lol. Behind again. Lol.

SpiritWind00
07-14-18, 12:21 AM
Chapter 3, first goal: collect from Thomas house. Collected 2 times (second speeding up with gems) and goal does not complete :-(
You should force close your game if a goal doesn't register. Just remember when the new day begins, let the 'new day' screen appear and then you should be good to go. Go back into your goal book and check it didn't roll back.

Same with keys - given how many of us there are, if you force close your game, you are more likely to receive keys that are showing in your news feed.

nukesters2
07-14-18, 12:23 AM
I?m clearly not thinking straight I know why I?m so busy. But I sent an adventure last night. Darn it. Not spending gems to hurry that one up yet. Maybe when it gets down to about 5 gems but it 69. Lol. Behind again. Lol.

I did the same thing :(

Chaotarch
07-14-18, 12:30 AM
1-3 Meadow Wolf Fang, 1-3 Meadow Pelt

Need for what?:confused::confused:

comeseecomesah
07-14-18, 01:28 AM
2 of my kingdoms have the keys as percentage and 1 kingdom has the 200....go figure!!

55lee55
07-14-18, 02:43 AM
There are no new crafts in my potion shop. Looks like I am not going to be able to finish. I can go to the meadow but can't do anything with the seeds and stuff I found.

This update is so buggy. I had hoped that S8 had listened to us and stopped doing these storybook events for good. I quit DS and FS because of these types of events. CS is the last S8 game I play, and I only stayed because they stopped these storybook things. There's nothing wrong with the concept, but it doesn't seem to work properly. This one is worse than I remember, and I never liked them. I have never seen one that worked correctly and a lot of us will give up because we can't craft. I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem.

And yes, I have force closed multiple times and I have the latest App Store update.

I was just starting to think this game was improving. This'll teach me not to hope for something that will never happen.

mistycarrie
07-14-18, 03:55 AM
It depends on how the game request is set up. In Dragon Story, some things can be done ahead, some not. If the task says ?Start to craft......? you can?t do it ahead of time. If the task says ?Have 3 (whatever)? you probably can do it ahead of time. HOWEVER, since this event style is new to this game, best bet is to wait.....there have been glitches on things that shouldn?t glitch already. IMHO. lolol

That makes sense thank you - I?ll be patient until the chapter goes live :-)

jbfps116
07-14-18, 04:02 AM
asking again, WHY is there a meadow tree seed in a purchase pack? would it allow us to have 2 trees? and what does this tree look like?

ladyperidot
07-14-18, 04:06 AM
It would be good if the dumb % sign would move. Mine's not going anywhere. I'll see today with the new day if something moves here.. it's under observation!
Differently from the former events my delivery of keys are stalled. Progress tab keeps flashing on that goal.. but % total doesn't move at all nor in my inventory or goals.
I finally crafted a chest with the s8 key gift y'day.. but that was the end. I know the tab flashes too when fixes are coming in.. so I'm always hoping in something good :confused:

Mine is stuck on 6% and the message area that says who has helped seems to indicate that it?s been over 16 hrs since I got s key. I have to wonder if there are issues as I have a list of 80 people that play regularly and I?ve been getting requests for keys (which I answer). Hope they are getting them!

coolssp
07-14-18, 04:19 AM
What's with the Thomas's book? Cleared three libraries but nothing... This is Day 2, part 2 of 3 goal

GC5410
07-14-18, 04:20 AM
Those you you who haven’t gemmed ahead, which chapter are you waiting for to unlock? I have completed chapters 1 and 2, with 19 hours left until chapter 3 opens, is that right?

Susieque11
07-14-18, 05:39 AM
I need help I'm still stuck on chapter 1 cos one visit to the market place didn't register and now also community keys is stuck on 10 per cent since last night after I got the 20 of S8 uninstalled twice and force closed nothing I'm helping my neighbos seems that's all I can do not going to buy gems for this buggy quest ������

CharmOfLea
07-14-18, 05:58 AM
Those you you who haven’t gemmed ahead, which chapter are you waiting for to unlock? I have completed chapters 1 and 2, with 19 hours left until chapter 3 opens, is that right?

That’s right. Waiting on chapter 3.

Scratte717
07-14-18, 05:59 AM
I need help I'm still stuck on chapter 1 cos one visit to the market place didn't register and now also community keys is stuck on 10 per cent since last night after I got the 20 of S8 uninstalled twice and force closed nothing I'm helping my neighbos seems that's all I can do not going to buy gems for this buggy quest ������

I think you still can catch up with storybook event if you prepare and with a bit of luck, chapter 2 took me 10 min only
You have to have 10 cottages, some farmhouses, old Thomas house and lets say 3-4 libraries (for me it took only 1, but its random) ready for collection. And queens court/kings keep ready for adventure. And prepare simple feasts and longswords if you do not have those in inventory

CharmOfLea
07-14-18, 06:02 AM
As the calendar day July 14 started in California I found I had to resend my requests in order to receive any. In other words nothing from July 13 was trickling in overnight. I got all my 20 for Saturday.

Scratte717
07-14-18, 06:02 AM
That’s right. Waiting on chapter 3.
I am on chapter 3 already, since I started as soon as event launched. But it should not be a problem for you, since S8 give few days for you to start event and then enough time from the moment you started.

CharmOfLea
07-14-18, 06:05 AM
What is the day count for you? Event expires in... days?

Susieque11
07-14-18, 06:19 AM
8days

CoyoteMama
07-14-18, 06:22 AM
Are we supposed to be spawning meadow wolves? I see that there is a trap to purchase but all I am getting is boars.

Susieque11
07-14-18, 06:22 AM
I strated the event on Thursday and I'm no further forward is what I'm trying to say just feel like I should give up with it as it is so stressful

coolssp
07-14-18, 06:24 AM
My C.K. was at 22 percent and now it's at 3 :) Really don't know what's happening

coolssp
07-14-18, 06:25 AM
Send some luck to me :) 4 libraries and nothing

riverly
07-14-18, 06:50 AM
Send some luck to me :) 4 libraries and nothingI had to wait 8 hours for my libraries, but then quickly caught up in the chapters.

ShibuyaCloth
07-14-18, 06:57 AM
I gather as much pics as I can, but no posting before August. If poeple post theirs? it will help the community.

nukesters2
07-14-18, 07:11 AM
Collecting community keys.
Started out asking for 20, and showed 1/20, 2/20 etc
Then asked for 200! Showed 1/200 , 2/200 , etc till I was at 11/200.
Then the next time I looked it showed 11%
I used the keys to forge coins and now it is back to showing 1/200
What on earth is going on?!

judafarm
07-14-18, 07:21 AM
I need 3 sunburst seeds. i did the meadow explore for 6 times now and I did not receive anthing...only coins...
Is there another way to get the sunbust seeds???

Please help me...

jkc619
07-14-18, 07:30 AM
I have three meadow wolves and they drop "meadow wolf fur" and "Meadow wolf fangs"-neither of which we are in need of right now. I wonder what is up?

izzyiza
07-14-18, 07:39 AM
Collecting community keys.
Started out asking for 20, and showed 1/20, 2/20 etc
Then asked for 200! Showed 1/200 , 2/200 , etc till I was at 11/200.
Then the next time I looked it showed 11%
I used the keys to forge coins and now it is back to showing 1/200
What on earth is going on?!

Same here, it makes me think that we cannot use keys until we reached 200! That will take a few days! :(

55lee55
07-14-18, 07:41 AM
I have three meadow wolves and they drop "meadow wolf fur" and "Meadow wolf fangs"-neither of which we are in need of right now. I wonder what is up?

Who knows? There's no explanation for most of this event, and even those of us who have done the storybook events before and understand how that part works, are left in the dark over this one. I don't even have a way to craft anything with the stuff we get from the meadow, despite force closing multiple times. It's just not showing up in my potion shop. The keys are confusing and nothing about this makes sense.

dragoniakingdom
07-14-18, 07:49 AM
Just to add to the keys situation.l have good neighbours but since the 200 key change no keys are adding to my total although I know the requests have been answered.
There is something drastically wrong somewhere & yes I have rebooted my device,tried requesting again..*you have already requested from this neighbour today*.

Stuck in limbo land.:(

riverly
07-14-18, 07:55 AM
Same here, it makes me think that we cannot use keys until we reached 200! That will take a few days! :(This was a fix for the glitches that so many players were having with their requests. Fortunately I was one that was not having any problems, so this fix is just a little confusing. From what I see, you can still use your keys for either crafting coins or buying chests. What I'm doing is waiting until I have enough keys and crafting the premium chest(I don't recall the exact name). This is working out well for me.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 08:08 AM
This was a fix for the glitches that so many players were having with their requests. Fortunately I was one that was not having any problems, so this fix is just a little confusing. From what I see, you can still use your keys for either crafting coins or buying chests. What I'm doing is waiting until I have enough keys and crafting the premium chest(I don't recall the exact name). This is working out well for me.

My key count goes back and forth between numbers and a percent. I do not think it matters. Every morning, I do my neighbor requests for keys. I also craft the premium chest so I can get gold coins. I am finding this quest quite doable.

CoyoteMama
07-14-18, 08:11 AM
So now I’m stuck at 16 keys even though friends are playing. When I try to send out requests, I don’t get the message saying that the requests were sent and I don’t get the message saying that I have have already sent my requests for the day. So, I seem to have lost the ability to send requests or receive keys. I don’t think that the bug fix worked...

topmom952
07-14-18, 08:15 AM
Has anyone had a platinum coin drop from a chest? Or is the only way to get them from crafting? Thanks

judafarm
07-14-18, 08:21 AM
What is going on with this event??

Just receive 11 keys today... I have over 250 neighbors and many of them are active players..
I know many of them send me keys...but it doesn't count..:mad:

And I did allready 6 times the meadow explorer for to collect sunburst seeds..but not receive anything at there...only coins..

How can I become on the sunburst seeds now???

And why does the keys not count???

Please answer....

Scratte717
07-14-18, 08:25 AM
I am receiving few keys, but only few

sarahmarah888
07-14-18, 08:30 AM
a question,if i would prepare sunburst flower+meadow tree in potion shop and then collect from it before chapter 4 will start would it count?

riverly
07-14-18, 08:35 AM
What is going on with this event??

Just receive 11 keys today... I have over 250 neighbors and many of them are active players..
I know many of them send me keys...but it doesn't count..:mad:

And I did allready 6 times the meadow explorer for to collect sunburst seeds..but not receive anything at there...only coins..

How can I become on the sunburst seeds now???

And why does the keys not count???

Please answer....First of all I want to thank you for your post. I was so busy trying to figure out the key thing, studying my expansion needs, crafting trade tickets and looking at Sabina goal that I almost forgot about the storybook. My chapter 3 did not automatically open. I had to start it.

I have just be*** the adventure for seeds and can't give an explanation for why it's taking so many trips. In the past some players get what they need in one or two tries, other players struggle. It's been suggested that all players get the same odds , but that hasn't happened. Doesnt seem fair.

As for the keys, evidently the fix hasn't fixed all the problems. Keep closing out your game and reopening. That had been the go to answer for that problem. I hope it straightens itself out.
Again thanks. Take a deep breath and I hope things get better.

kolakid2
07-14-18, 08:39 AM
Chapter 6
Goal 1: sorry forgot
Goal 2: sorry forgot
Goal 3: fight Meadow Wolves x20 Spawn from Meadow Trees, Sunburst Flowers,Farmhouses, Cottages

Chapter 7
Goal 1: Visit Community Kingdoms x20 Skip 200 gems
Goal 2: Ask for Community Keys x10 (autocompleted... not sure why...had 10 in Inventory ( ?)
Goal 3: Visit Sir Thurston*s Fort x1 Skip 16 gems

Chapter 8
Goal 1: Defeat any Monster x 10 Skip 50 gems
Goal 2: Give Boar Pelts x 75 Skip 450 gems
Goal 3: Collect Goal Prize ...50 Crowns!

Chapter 9
Goal 1: Defeat Meadow Wolves x15 Skip 225 gems Spawn from Farmhouses,Cottages,Meadow Trees,Sunburst Flowers
Goal 2: Gather Meadow Pelts... Give x70 Skip 420 gems Get from fighting Meadow Wolves, crafted Meadow Wolf
Goal 3:

Stymie52
07-14-18, 08:45 AM
Has anyone had a platinum coin drop from a chest? Or is the only way to get them from crafting? Thanks

I have not gotten any platinum coins from premium chests, which is where they would probably be if they could be obtained from a chest.

kolakid2
07-14-18, 08:46 AM
Meadow Pelts from defeating Meadow Wolves
Needed for Chapter 9 Goal2

Those collected before count towards goal

Gaillock
07-14-18, 08:50 AM
Re: community keys. Are we limited to the regular 20 neighbor requests a day? That would take a long time to reach 200 keys. Thanks.

federerGOAT
07-14-18, 08:52 AM
Same here, it makes me think that we cannot use keys until we reached 200! That will take a few days! :(

Ignore the number 200.
As an S8 member previously explained, this is just a fix so that we can still send neighbour request even when we have 20 keys in inventory.
Use the keys.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 09:24 AM
The Fabled Fawn
Chapter 5 of 10
Goal 1 of 3: Gather Sunburst Blossoms (tend to Sunburst Flowers), 25 needed
Goal 2 of 3: Gather Meadow Sap (tend to Meadow Trees), 25 needed
Goal 3 of 3: will fill in soon

Stymie52
07-14-18, 09:27 AM
Sunburst Blossoms and Meadow Sap collected earlier count towards goal

Stymie52
07-14-18, 09:28 AM
a question,if i would prepare sunburst flower+meadow tree in potion shop and then collect from it before chapter 4 will start would it count?

Yes, it counted for me

AnnirasSweets
07-14-18, 09:30 AM
There are no new crafts in my potion shop. Looks like I am not going to be able to finish. I can go to the meadow but can't do anything with the seeds and stuff I found.

This update is so buggy. I had hoped that S8 had listened to us and stopped doing these storybook events for good. I quit DS and FS because of these types of events. CS is the last S8 game I play, and I only stayed because they stopped these storybook things. There's nothing wrong with the concept, but it doesn't seem to work properly. This one is worse than I remember, and I never liked them. I have never seen one that worked correctly and a lot of us will give up because we can't craft. I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem.

And yes, I have force closed multiple times and I have the latest App Store update.

I was just starting to think this game was improving. This'll teach me not to hope for something that will never happen.

The potion shop crafts don't show up until chapter 4, unless you gemmed ahead you shouldn't have them yet. I'm using this in-between time to get extra seeds so I can (hopefully) grow extras. I think it's set up this way because the seeds aren't a guaranteed drop from the adventures so players have a long period of time to get the seeds for the next step.

Are we supposed to be spawning meadow wolves? I see that there is a trap to purchase but all I am getting is boars.

The Meadow Wolves won't spawn until the Storybook asks you to hunt them as far as I know.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 09:43 AM
The seeds surely are not a guaranteed drop. I just got 1 glimmer dust from the adventure. The randomness of the game usually does not favor me.

Gaillock
07-14-18, 10:01 AM
Ignore the number 200.
As an S8 member previously explained, this is just a fix so that we can still send neighbour request even when we have 20 keys in inventory.
Use the keys.

But can we send more than 20 requests a day?

sarahmarah888
07-14-18, 10:14 AM
i had these crafts in potion shop before 4th chapter.i made 2 adventures and became 4 sunburst and 1 meadow,3rd adventure gave me just glimmerdust

55lee55
07-14-18, 10:20 AM
The potion shop crafts don't show up until chapter 4, unless you gemmed ahead you shouldn't have them yet. I'm using this in-between time to get extra seeds so I can (hopefully) grow extras. I think it's set up this way because the seeds aren't a guaranteed drop from the adventures so players have a long period of time to get the seeds for the next step.

The Meadow Wolves won't spawn until the Storybook asks you to hunt them as far as I know.

I know how storybooks work. I have been playing since early 2014. Usually the craft is grayed out before you get to it. Anyway, I am at chapter 4 and there's nothing to craft trees in my potion shop. I am really hating this whole thing because of the bugs. I have seeds but no way to craft them. It's more than annoying. I think they complicated this one too much with too many steps to get coins and the key thing is still not fixed. I have over 600 neighbors and every time it asks for 200 keys I ask 200 neighbors. It seems to reset every day and it's still hard to get keys to show up. This is a nightmare update.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 10:24 AM

You can send more than 20 requests a day, but only 20 count, and 1 for Stormie.

AnnirasSweets
07-14-18, 10:34 AM
I know how storybooks work. I have been playing since early 2014. Usually the craft is grayed out before you get to it. Anyway, I am at chapter 4 and there's nothing to craft trees in my potion shop. I am really hating this whole thing because of the bugs. I have seeds but no way to craft them. It's more than annoying. I think they complicated this one too much with too many steps to get coins and the key thing is still not fixed. I have over 600 neighbors and every time it asks for 200 keys I ask 200 neighbors. It seems to reset every day and it's still hard to get keys to show up. This is a nightmare update.

I misunderstood your post it seems, I apologize. And I stand corrected because I've not started chapter 4 yet but the crafts are in my potion shop which is not how it usually works.

Normally, your best bet would be to put in a ticket with s8 but as it's the weekend they might not get to it until Monday. If it were me, I'd post in the Bugs thread and maybe PM one of the known s8 employees to cover all the bases.

PurpleScorpion76
07-14-18, 10:36 AM
well why even have the coin trades? if we can get 21 keys a day, that's a premium chest and we'll have the wolf in no time!

I don?t know about anyone else but I got a community key request for 20 keys, completing saying ?now open that chest? can?t recall doing it, I?m incredibly busy with work at the moment, then I got a splash screen for % of keys. So I?m now not getting daily key requirements? I?m so confused? Help.

canyon123rose
07-14-18, 10:37 AM
The seeds surely are not a guaranteed drop. I just got 1 glimmer dust from the adventure. The randomness of the game usually does not favor me.

Me too I just completed three quests and only the first one gave me seeds. The other two just glimmerdust. Bleh.

LavaMagic
07-14-18, 10:45 AM

I received one platinum coin from a premium chest.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 11:02 AM

How excellent!

coolssp
07-14-18, 11:14 AM

Fantastic :) this gives a girl hope ;)

PurpleScorpion76
07-14-18, 11:25 AM
Can someone please explain how this storybook events work? what happens if I can't complete the first task (collect from 4 market places) in the first day? is there a task for every day? I read somewhere that someone gemmed the "collect from market places" and couldn't go ahead because he would have to wait for the next day to do the next task. Sorry it is the first time that I participate in such an event and it is a little bit confusing.
so let's say it takes me 4 days to complete the first task. do I also have to wait for the day after to do the next one? or can I complete all the tasks of the first 4 days afterwards?

Thanks for the help!

But if you?re behind like I was and now am again the chapter from day 2 for example will start automatically. Until you get to
with the schedule you won?t get the message stating that you can?t start til the next s8 day. So for example if you complete the 3 / 4 / /5 goals by your 10pm and your s8 day starts the next day at 8am then you will get a message saying that you can?t start the next chapter for another 10 hours. But then you can gem skip it you wish at any point in those 10 hours. But say you complete goal 3 of chapter 2 on day 3, chapter 3 will start automatically or ask you to start it I can?t remember but you can continue with game play. If you then finish chapter 3 by 10pm on day 3 then you get the finer message.

tuffyjkitten
07-14-18, 11:27 AM
Is there even a prize for the collect 200 keys (or whatever the number really is) goal? We can only have a max 99 keys per the back of the card, so getting to 200 is impossible. Is there a prize no one can get or is it just a dummy goal screen to get us to ask for keys?

PurpleScorpion76
07-14-18, 11:33 AM
The simple answer to not being able to ask for more keys is ask EVERYONE for keys. Just because you only need 5. Ask everyone. Today I asked everyone except Stormy in case I get the 19 problem. Yesterday I was stuck on 18 but got the last one shortly before I was going to sleep

Only one problem with that in the last request for chests stuff (crab and fish bubbles etc) I didn?t get mine but they all shot through like a bullet at the new beginning of an s8 day, s8 sent a Chest, But they responded by telling me to send less requests.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 11:40 AM
The Fabled Fawn
Chapter 5 of 10
Goal 3 of 3: Brew a Meadow Potion (make this in the Potion Shop), 25 Sunburst Blossoms from above, 25 Meadow Sap from above, and 3 Enchanters Essence (3 hours to make)

Stymie52
07-14-18, 11:48 AM
Is there even a prize for the collect 200 keys (or whatever the number really is) goal? We can only have a max 99 keys per the back of the card, so getting to 200 is impossible. Is there a prize no one can get or is it just a dummy goal screen to get us to ask for keys?

You will never get to 200 keys. 200 is a random number. As federerGOAT said, it is a fix so that we can still send neighbor requests even when we have 20 keys in inventory.

meme1098
07-14-18, 12:14 PM

The 200 keys are just number S8 put in the goal. If you look at the goal window, you'll see there's no reward shown for getting all 200. That wasn't the point of the goal but according to S8 to fix the problems many were having of not getting the previous key request goal daily.
I use my keys as soon as I get enough to do the premium chest. I now have the 3 platinum coins ticked off & only need 5 more gold.

Also....you are still only allowed 20 responses per day. Wait until you've gotten those 20 & then send Stormie the request to bring your total to 21.

If your not getting the count according to your newsfeed, always perform a force quit or 2. I know we shouldn't have to always do that but I just see it as reconnecting to S8's server so your game is fresh. I always force quit when I'm done with playing for awhile so when I open my game again I will connect to my saved game on S8's servers.

PrincessCelestian
07-14-18, 12:15 PM

I think the last answer to your question was misleading. You may send as many requests a day as you want. You can only receive 20 responses per day. However, if you sent out 100 requests, you can get responses from previous days to help you reach the goal faster. For example, I sent out requests to all of my neighbors for keys yesterday. I got in my 21 (because of Stormie) and then that was it. But because I had sent out so many yesterday, when the new S8 day started, I started to get more keys in from yesterday?s request. So I had 20 Keys before I woke up this morning.

PrincessCelestian
07-14-18, 12:22 PM
So now I’m stuck at 16 keys even though friends are playing. When I try to send out requests, I don’t get the message saying that the requests were sent and I don’t get the message saying that I have have already sent my requests for the day. So, I seem to have lost the ability to send requests or receive keys. I don’t think that the bug fix worked...

I am also having issues with this today. I had to send out a smaller number of requests to get it to work.

PrincessCelestian
07-14-18, 12:23 PM

You will need them for future chapters.

topmom952
07-14-18, 12:38 PM
Still stuck on goal 3, getting sunburst seeds. Thank goodness for the guard dogs dropping simple feasts.

wamboltia
07-14-18, 12:53 PM
I don’t know how I really feel about this event. Seems disorganized. There are quest, keys, wolves, fawns and wood coins. And I must have missed the instructions on what all to do with what. ...maybe, I am just fussing. Overall I just feel “ehhh” about it. Don’t really care if I complete it. I have so many animals as it is and over half are in storage.

LyonLorio
07-14-18, 01:01 PM
You will need them for future chapters.

I?m wondering why do we give the coins away for a meadow wolf and can forge them
, I feel like I?m doing it right to give it away first then continue in the forge for more. Why do both though because I am scared I may do it wrong. I guess you get the same wolf and it takes the same coins just don?t know what the purpose of this is.

LyonLorio
07-14-18, 01:12 PM
Is it better to wait for the premium chest than to use all of the keys up each day. I could have crafted one of each but I am saving them all for the premium. I don?t know what?s in the Delux chest or remember what was in the basic when we had to craft one in a goal. Is there a list of what is in each?

Thank you

LyonLorio
07-14-18, 01:13 PM
How did you get so many so fast?

LyonLorio
07-14-18, 01:14 PM
Sometimes when you visit neighbors it helps.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 01:40 PM
Is it better to wait for the premium chest than to use all of the keys up each day. I could have crafted one of each but I am saving them all for the premium. I don?t know what?s in the Delux chest or remember what was in the basic when we had to craft one in a goal. Is there a list of what is in each?

Thank you

I wait until I have the keys for the premium chests. As others have said, they offer the best, and possibly the only chance to get platinum and gold coins. I think I remember seeing what each chest drops in a very early post. I do not remember the drops as I only do the premium chest.

SofiaDeo
07-14-18, 01:55 PM
Omg 3 library visits and NO book. Yes, it would be nice if the drop rate were the same for everyone & not some random number!

tuffyjkitten
07-14-18, 02:05 PM
You will never get to 200 keys. 200 is a random number. As federerGOAT said, it is a fix so that we can still send neighbor requests even when we have 20 keys in inventory.

So then the A Thank You From Storm8 goal listed in post 3 doesn’t exist because we can never get there? The second part of the goal does list a prize of 20 additional keys.

newzealander
07-14-18, 02:14 PM
Still stuck on goal 3, getting sunburst seeds. Thank goodness for the guard dogs dropping simple feasts.
Stuck at the same place. On quest 5 and getting nothing. This is a chaotic event, with too much going on, and I?m beginning to wonder if it?s worth all these random drops costing so many hard to replace resources.

judafarm
07-14-18, 02:30 PM
Its almost midnight by me..
Before I go to sleep I want let everyone know the results of a whole day playing on this storybook.
Keys: 11
Meadow explorer: nothing..only coins..

I hate this event :mad:

I have more then 250 neighbors..
By other events when we need help from friends I always get the max of 20
Now I didn't.. Also yesterday I got only 13 keys..

This is not much fun

CoyoteMama
07-14-18, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info. It worked for me.

riverly
07-14-18, 02:44 PM
I've done 4 explorations. 1 seed.

Let's see.This is where I'm at right now
Waiting on random relics from crow for Tradesman goal
Waiting on random wild berries for Sabina goal
Waiting on random explorer seeds from Storybook goal.
Hmmmm. I don't like this pattern.

topmom952
07-14-18, 03:15 PM
I've done 4 explorations. 1 seed.

Let's see.This is where I'm at right now
Waiting on random relics from crow for Tradesman goal
Waiting on random wild berries for Sabina goal
Waiting on random explorer seeds from Storybook goal.

Hmmmm. I don't like this pattern.

That's exactly where I am, but also waiting on the extremely random eels for What Storms May Come!

1ch1ps
07-14-18, 03:23 PM
I have 120 neighbors the most I got is 35... I?ll send a request...anyone else need someone to send keys... I send back whatever I?m asked for & I check several times a day. I have 2 slots & can use the earth wisps out if someone wants to trade those.

PrincessCupOButter
07-14-18, 03:36 PM
So then the A Thank You From Storm8 goal listed in post 3 doesn’t exist because we can never get there? The second part of the goal does list a prize of 20 additional keys.

Immediately after the pop up notifying us about the change to the key requests from 20 per day to 200 over the course of the event, there was another pop-up (part 2) informing us of a thank you from S8. All I had to do was click accept and I got 20 keys in my inventory. Then there was a 3rd pop-up saying open chest. I believe that one was intended to lead us to the workshop so that we could craft a chest with the 20 free keys.

There is no reward for getting 200 keys, because 200 is the arbitrary number S8 chose to ensure that we could continue to request keys regardless of if we already had some in inventory. Before the change, if you already had, say, 15 keys, you could only receive 5 for that day. Now is possible to receive all 20 per day, whereas before, it wasn’t possible if we had any keys in storage. (It is possible assuming the system works correctly and neighbors reply, etc. But that is an entirely different issue.)

Now the total number/percentage will change as we receive/use keys....but that is a good thing, because if we were to actually reach 100% or 200 keys, we would be stuck unable to send requests again.

~~~~~~~~

Someone from S8 did post the explanation in this thread yesterday, but it has long since been buried, maybe SW can dig it up and add it to page one. I will try to find it and post it below.

kajohn345
07-14-18, 03:38 PM

I have done this quest three times and only got glimmerdust. Not encouraging.

PrincessCupOButter
07-14-18, 03:41 PM
There should now be a new quest now called "Community Keys", this will allow you to ask neighbors for keys even if you've asked for the daily 20. If you spend you keys to open chests, you can lose progress on this quest, but don't worry -- it doesn't count towards progression, it's simply there to act as a permanent way to ask your friends for more.

There should also be a quest rewarding players 20 keys live for the next 24 hours for those who missed out on their daily today.

SpiritWind, could you possibly add this to page one? With big bold highlights!? And maybe a neon arrow sign? Lol
It explains the new key request situation, but it got buried really quickly in all the key confusion.

meme1098
07-14-18, 03:43 PM
You found it, bingo. I couldn't find it & forgot how to spell Sgt's name to do a search...lol.

This has been one confusing set of goals!

peachtreeshoppe
07-14-18, 03:44 PM
I am confused about the meadow wolf. I see him as a craft with my coins (I only have a few gold and one platinum) so in several days I could click ?craft? - but I also have the goal book that says GIVE next to each set of coins with the prize of the wolf. Do I do that to save the crafting time? I?m scared to ?give? my coins away and have nothing to craft.

PrincessCupOButter
07-14-18, 03:49 PM
Tried to fix the pic, hope it works now. For this first one, I did it through the goal thinking that it would complete it and get it out of my book. However, as soon as I placed the wolf, the Meadow Wolf goal popped up again back at goal 1. I'm pretty sure that regardless of which way you get the Meadow Wolf you can craft multiples.

I am confused about the meadow wolf. I see him as a craft with my coins (I only have a few gold and one platinum) so in several days I could click ?craft? - but I also have the goal book that says GIVE next to each set of coins with the prize of the wolf. Do I do that to save the crafting time? I?m scared to ?give? my coins away and have nothing to craft.

Doing the goal ‘gives’ you a wolf, so you actually save that hour of crafting time. Then apparently the goal starts over.

PrincessCupOButter
07-14-18, 03:51 PM
You found it, bingo. I couldn't find it & forgot how to spell Sgt's name to do a search...lol.

This has been one confusing set of goals!

Very confusing! But I was determined after getting through several pages. I’m really looking for info on the seeds/plants and future storybook goals. I still say the keys need their own thread. ;)

Stymie52
07-14-18, 04:10 PM

Hang in there. I just got 1 Meadow Tree Seed in each of 2 consecutive adventures. In some, I only got a few coins. Your luck should soon take a turn for the better (fingers crossed)!

topmom952
07-14-18, 04:12 PM
Very confusing! But I was determined after getting through several pages. I’m really looking for info on the seeds/plants and future storybook goals. I still say the keys need their own thread. ;)

Yeah but with the seeds so few and far between, the thread will probably only have "where are they"

topmom952
07-14-18, 04:13 PM
Hang in there. I just got 1 Meadow Tree Seed in each of 2 consecutive adventures. In some, I only got a few coins. Your luck should soon take a turn for the better (fingers crossed)!

I have two Meadow Tree seeds, but I can't progress in the storybook without the Sunburst seeds.

PrincessCupOButter
07-14-18, 04:22 PM
Yeah but with the seeds so few and far between, the thread will probably only have "where are they"

So true! I will be glad to see the end of this multi-quest for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(not in reply, and not where are the seeds, but ironically, where are the crafts!? Lol!)

My first adventure just returned one of each type of seeds. But the crafts aren’t available in my potion shop. (If that’s where they’re supposed to be). And I realize that they aren’t required until the next day, but I’m seeing that some people have them early, and some don’t even have them when necessary. So I’m really hoping they show up tomorrow.....

Stymie52
07-14-18, 04:40 PM
Make sure to replenish your water. The crafts for the Sunburst Flower and Meadow Tree each take 20 water. I did not realize how quickly I was depleting my water. It kind of surprised me when I saw how low my supply was.

Queenzod
07-14-18, 05:23 PM

I?m on my SEVENTH adventure to get the last seed. What is up with this? So frustrating!

tuffyjkitten
07-14-18, 06:04 PM
SpiritWind, could you possibly add this to page one? With big bold highlights!? And maybe a neon arrow sign? Lol
It explains the new key request situation, but it got buried really quickly in all the key confusion.

Thank you! I never saw it in the thread and apparently missed the additional pop ups in game. There’s so many pop ups I can’t keep track!

canyon123rose
07-14-18, 06:06 PM

just completed 4 quests with nothing but glimmer dust. Discouraging to say the least ... don’t know how long I will keep trying. It may be time to just focus on trade tickets for expansions permits again. Lol.

GiselleX16
07-14-18, 06:35 PM
4 quests - the first gave me one each Meadow Tree and Sunburst Seed. The next three gave me 15 coins each (don’t need glimmerdust). That might be understandable if we weren’t spending real resources for nothing - this is the rate of return one might expect from, say, a tree - but from a quest?! I’m usually patient but hate throwing away swords.

Stymie52
07-14-18, 07:49 PM
The Fabled Fawn
To fill in the blank Goals 1 and 2 of Chapter 6 in the list of kolakid2 (post #315)
Goal 1: Fight a Meadow Wolf (Tend to Sunburst Flowers or Meadow Trees), 10 hits to **** the Wolf
Goal 2: Use a Meadow Wolf Trap (the Trap is your reward for ****ing the Wolf in Goal 1 and is in your inventory)

kajohn345
07-14-18, 08:03 PM
I have one measly seed of each which must have come the first adventure. I have since done 5 maybe 6 and each time only getting one measly glimmerdust. I’m very annoyed.

stanis87
07-14-18, 08:29 PM
I'm level 50 player. I want to complayn that already 7 times play up Adventure - Exsplore the Meadow and i only have 2 sunburst seeds. Why? What this mean? But this make me notice that this game has beco
me very greedy lately and if it continues so, i very soon will stop playng forever.... keep in mind that this is not only my opinion as i have - 170 neighbors who also share my opinion.

kajohn345
07-14-18, 08:38 PM
I'm level 50 player. I want to complayn that already 7 times play up Adventure - Exsplore the Meadow and i only have 2 sunburst seeds. Why? What this mean? But this make me notice that this game has beco
me very greedy lately and if it continues so, i very soon will stop playng forever.... keep in mind that this is not only my opinion as i have - 170 neighbors who also share my opinion.

Completely agree. Also a level 50 player...have played this game for many years. Was at level 50 with love shack and 5 alicorns when I got a new iPad and had to start over. Now no love shack but three alicorns I have had to buy and work my way through. I play this game for fun, I work, and therefore have been unable to complete MANY story lines lately. This adventure is about the last straw unfortunately. I used to purchase the packs offered to help through quests but since not being able to finish so many even with buying them, I have stopped purchasing them. You are losing some of your faithful players by making it too hard and requiring way too much money to be spent just to play a game.

bumbleebeeville
07-14-18, 08:40 PM
I?m on my SEVENTH adventure to get the last seed. What is up with this? So frustrating!

On my 8th adventure and still waiting on that final seed. Argggggggggggg

CoyoteMama
07-14-18, 08:48 PM
I’ve lost count of the number of adventures I have done, but it is at least 10 and I still need another pile of seeds. This is really unreasonable. A chapter should be able to be completed in a day. While it may be OK to vary the drops, there should be a reasonable maximum set for all players. I do spend money on this game, but am unwilling to do so when every chapter has the potential to be money pit.

SpiritWind00
07-14-18, 09:19 PM
Info added about Keys as requested and more goals added. Thanks! :)

Blanche_Lady
07-14-18, 09:43 PM
I have collected 6 times from the library and no book. Still stuck in day 2
The randomness is getting worse and worse each event

kajohn345
07-14-18, 11:00 PM
I have 8 bronze coins but the goals say I only have 6/8. I have forced close and restarted twice. Any other ideas?

SpiritWind00
07-14-18, 11:02 PM
Odd. Is there 8 showing in your inventory?

kajohn345
07-14-18, 11:03 PM
Also my keys now say 4/200...if you use keys to craft the chests, do they disappear from the total? Is there are reason I need to worry about that?

kajohn345
07-14-18, 11:05 PM
Odd. Is there 8 showing in your inventory?

Yes.i don’t know how to attach a pic but I took a screenshot on my iPad.

Scratte717
07-14-18, 11:34 PM
I did not find on the 1st page - what is the collection time for sunburst flowers and meadow trees?
How much time do we need to complete Day 4?

I am also running late with getting seeds from adventures. I started late, since missed the info about adventure and my queens court was busy until afternoon. But so far - only 1 seed from 5 adventures.

Glimmerless
07-15-18, 12:02 AM
^ Timer for both is 30 minutes. I don't know if it'll bite me in the butt later, but I had the crafts in the Potion Shop available and made them. The Sunburst Flowers are cute and the Meadow Tree is pretty.

I was curious and collected. Got excited when a Sunburst Flower gave me a Spellbound Dew and Orange Petal, though I realized it probably won't happen again anytime soon, haha. Meadow Tree gave wood. I didn't collect enough to see if the event drops are rare or will only drop when I reach the intended chapter.

Edit: It bit me in the butt, already crafted doesn't count for me. Collecting water to make another one. xD

stanis87
07-15-18, 12:11 AM
Completely agree. Also a level 50 player...have played this game for many years. Was at level 50 with love shack and 5 alicorns when I got a new iPad and had to start over. Now no love shack but three alicorns I have had to buy and work my way through. I play this game for fun, I work, and therefore have been unable to complete MANY story lines lately. This adventure is about the last straw unfortunately. I used to purchase the packs offered to help through quests but since not being able to finish so many even with buying them, I have stopped purchasing them. You are losing some of your faithful players by making it too hard and requiring way too much money to be spent just to play a game.

I'm sorry but i'm wasting very much time with this game and i want to have real coverage for it because time is money and i do not intend to lose them in a greedy game.I notice that thousands of players leave the game and in this case S8 finally will playing their game with herself lol...

federerGOAT
07-15-18, 12:47 AM
I did not find on the 1st page - what is the collection time for sunburst flowers and meadow trees?
How much time do we need to complete Day 4?

I am also running late with getting seeds from adventures. I started late, since missed the info about adventure and my queens court was busy until afternoon. But so far - only 1 seed from 5 adventures.

DO NOT tend all 5 sunburst flower if you want to continue to collect the meadow sap from the meadow tree.
Just collect 4 and leave the last collection till after the new game day.

AnnirasSweets
07-15-18, 12:57 AM
I appreciate that s8 has made the Meadow Trees and Sunburst flowers drop Wood Coins and that they drop every time (so far) is great. I'm hoping I can quit relying on the random drops from the Farmhouses and focus solely on the drops from the plants instead.

With the introduction of new plants, I am now wondering/worrying about whether or not these too will be nullified after the event like the Blossom Trees and Blossoming Willows were. The trees are so pretty I would love to keep them out always but I have a firm policy on deco only items and will be heartbroken if they lose their drops post event. I'm hoping since we had to collect the (very random) materials and craft these ones that they'll leave them alone post-event...Fingers crossed!

GiselleX16
07-15-18, 01:48 AM
Late today, Explore the Meadow switched from 2 hours to 1 and 1/2 hours. I got nothing on four longer adventures but I got seeds on the next two shorter duration adventures. Now it’s back to 2 hours and I’m afraid to go out.

kolakid2
07-15-18, 02:13 AM
Chapter 8
Goal 1: Defeat any Monster x 10 Skip 50 gems
Goal 2: Give Boar Pelts x75 Skip 450 gems
Goal 3: ? (Sorry forgot this goal...only got screenshot of reward)
Reward: Collect Goal Prize 50 Crowns

Chapter 9
Goal 1: Defeat Meadow Wolves x15 Skip 225 gems
Goal 2: Gather Meadow Pelts... Give x70 Skip 420 gems
Goal 3: Retrieve the Missing Page x1 (Defeat Meadow Wolf) Skip 120 gems
Reward:100 Crowns

Chapter 10
Goal 1: Ask Nbrs for Community Keys x20

Ephemera1983
07-15-18, 02:47 AM
Sooo, I am adventuring the 5th time now, and all I got so far is Glimmerdust, and one time even NOTHING!!! The randomness in the quests is so annoying. Why can?t S8 stop this method 😖

babysx1
07-15-18, 03:30 AM
DO NOT tend all 5 sunburst flower if you want to continue to collect the meadow sap from the meadow tree.

Are we sure the things stop dropping in between chapters

judafarm
07-15-18, 03:59 AM
Why do I not get keys from friends???
In 2,5 days I collect in total 24 keys :mad: :mad:
Normaly the max is 20 a day.
Day 1 I received 13 keys
Day 2 It was only 11
And today still nothing :mad:

I have 270 neighbors!!!

Why is this??

How can we play this stupid storybook as we don't get the things we need?

my2place
07-15-18, 04:08 AM
Pretty frustrated here ... I collected the third sunburst seed and even got the dialog that the chapter was completed, then the game jumped back and when I re-collected, no seed and i’m back to only having 2/3 seeds. Have done the adventure 3 times since and still no more seeds ... :(

skruffi23
07-15-18, 04:22 AM
Normally I'm pretty accepting of how things are, but I'm about to vent about keys, so if you don't want to listen please skip this post. This morning at 7 am I had 11 keys. I tried to send more requests but got a message saying I had reached my maximum for the day...never had that message before ?? I only send requests to active players who normally respond within 2 hours. I took another avenue and managed to send 25 requests. At 4 pm I still only had 11 keys I sent another 20 requests. At around 6pm I checked my key count & had 21, so set a premium craft going. Then went to give daily gifts. When I finished that I noticed my workshops weren't active, thinking the game had reset I went to restart the premium craft, but now only had 17 keys. Checked my News, to find 10 people had responded to my request in the last 2 hours. 11 plus 10 is 21. So why had my key count gone back to 17? Usually I'm pretty placid, but this made me really angry 😡. I'd waited 11 hours & 4 keys were stolen. If this game continues to make me so angry it's not worth playing.

Stymie52
07-15-18, 04:23 AM
Chapter 6, Goal 3: Fight 20 Meadow Wolves
This goal will be very hard to complete. I am not spawning any Meadow Wolves at all. The sole 1 which I got came from a plant. My multitude of cottages and farmhouses have spawned only skunkupines, dire boars, and fangbeasts. This uses a lot of energy with no result. S8 needs to increase the frequency of the Meadow Wolf spawning, as I believe that in a later goal we must fight them again.

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 05:02 AM

I think the reason is that we?ve been complaining that it?s all same old same old just a different animal to craft. They?ve tried to mix it up a bit, by changing the way we get it. Whilst I applaud this, the bugs and various changes have made this one incredibly confusing, I thought it was because I?ve not been playing hourly, due to workload but apparently every one else was in the same boat. I think I get the Meadow Wolf issue now and how to proceed to get it. We?ll see.

vitorfelix31
07-15-18, 05:06 AM
Sooo, I am adventuring the 5th time now, and all I got so far is Glimmerdust, and one time even NOTHING!!! The randomness in the quests is so annoying. Why can?t S8 stop this method ��

i have 15 , und only get 2 ... bad bad bad odd s8

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 05:14 AM

This is the one type of event I really don?t like purely because of the mad dash at the end, if you?re forced to play the last day on a work day, and it?s a relatively intense last day, and they usually do get more complicated as each day progresses then you don?t have much hope of finishing. At least with other events you can get ahead on non work days at your leisure, but not when you can?t start a step because of the nature of the set up. Leaderboard are my second least favourite because some players don?t want to participate in a community spirit. But again with an LB you can progress at your leisure.

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 05:21 AM

But we can only hold 99. Which is what made me think that this part of the quest isn?t important. Essentially from what I?ve read each time you craft a Chest the % goes down, each time a neighbour sends a key, it increases. This has been done this way because of a bug with some players not being able to send new requests to neighbours, this allows us all to do that.

GC5410
07-15-18, 05:22 AM

That is such a shame :( Do you not remember your username so that you can just load your old level 50 game on to your new iPad? :) If it doesn?t work, try messaging Storm8 and they should be able to transfer it for you. Mine loaded automatically when I did it, but my friend had trouble and just emailed Storm8 some info and they transferred it for her.

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 05:23 AM
I need 3 sunburst seeds. i did the meadow explore for 6 times now and I did not receive anthing...only coins...
Is there another way to get the sunbust seeds???

Please help me...

Wish I was getting coins I keep getting glimmerdust. But so far I?ve managed two Sunburst seeds and strangely 3 Meadow seeds. Unless I got them from elsewhere.

Bybrr
07-15-18, 05:26 AM
Sooo, I am adventuring the 5th time now, and all I got so far is Glimmerdust, and one time even NOTHING!!! The randomness in the quests is so annoying. Why can?t S8 stop this method 😖

I'm level 23 and thought I was doing pretty good...until yesterday. Should I just give up on this event? I'm spend all my time and resources making simple feasts (7 so far I think, I've lost count) and swords, but it won't drop the last seed. I think the farm houses have stopped giving wooden coins too. I was getting one drop for every four farmhouses clicked on but now it's worse. Do they not want me to advance? Frustrations are running pretty high. Someone said they had a guard dog that dropped simple feasts, how do I get one? Please tell me it's not 500 gems.

kolakid2
07-15-18, 05:53 AM
Chapter 10
Goal 2: Build the Meadow of Fawn (in Market 500 coins) Skip 500 gems
Need: 50 Jewels / 75 Bone / 10 Golden Eggs / 20 Meadow Wolf Fangs
Goal 3: Make the Horn of the Fawnicorn:Forge 3hrs
Need: 5 EarthWisp/ 1 Meadow Potion (counted from Chpt 5)/ 1 Missing Page (counted from Chpt 9)

also got Missing Page from defeating Meadow Wolf but doesn*t show in Inventory but counted in Goal

Equinox14
07-15-18, 06:02 AM
Equinox14 does not need any more neighbors, but Solstice14 does.
Thank you for your help.

riverly
07-15-18, 06:04 AM
I started this morning with 31 keys. Made a premium chest which is subtracting 20, sent out request and got about 10 or more back according to my newsfeed. And now I have 5 keys. I don't get the math.
You can send me invite. Riverly.

The more I think about this I think they doubled charged me for 1 premium chest. I am owed a premium chest.

judafarm
07-15-18, 06:35 AM
I was playing more S8 games.
By any of them there was the event Storybook..
It was terrible..
Not one time I could finish a storybook.
It cost lots of time, stress and at the end: nothing.
That's why I deleted all the games.
Only playing Castle story still.
And now they begin with storybook also athere.
:mad:

judafarm
07-15-18, 06:36 AM
Looking for new neighbors who will send community keys ! Please respond with your Storm8 ID.
Thank you

My id: judafarm

meme1098
07-15-18, 06:43 AM
Chapter 10
➡️Goal 2: Build the Meadow of Fawn (in Market 500 coins) Skip 500 gems
Need: 50 Jewels / 75 Bone / 10 Golden Eggs / 20 Meadow Wolf Fangs
Goal 3: Make the Horn of the Fawnicorn:Forge 3hrs
Need: 5 EarthWisp/ 1 Meadow Potion (counted from Chpt 5)/ 1 Missing Page (counted from Chpt 9)

also got Missing Page from defeating Meadow Wolf but doesn*t show in Inventory but counted in Goal

Wow...that Meadow better drop expansion permits every other day for all those items!

ashley224
07-15-18, 06:52 AM
Link to add me thread, for anyone needing new active neighbours

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103345-Castle-Story-March-2018-current

wamboltia
07-15-18, 06:52 AM
Ok so I went on my adventures to get sunflower seeds and meadow tree seed. I got all my seeds and began to craft them in potion shop. I placed them both after they were done. I like the tree so I went on a few more adventures to get more seeds. So this morning chapter 4 began and it was to grow and place and sunflower thing. I already had two grown, but it popped up a message to collect from my potion shop first. So I click one and it was the Meadow tree, but it cleared my sunflower goal. Goal #2 is for the meadow tree, but it won?t give me credit!!! I have two trees! Fix this S8!! I shouldn?t have to spend more feast and swords!! When I already done the work

lilymonster4
07-15-18, 07:01 AM
I’ve been doing adventures since yesterday morning and I still only have one of sunburst seeds from the very first adventure :blue:

Stymie52
07-15-18, 07:08 AM
I have been collecting for hours, and there are no Meadow Wolves spawning from anywhere. Not from Sunburst Flowers, Meadow Trees, farmhouses, cottages. S8 needs to look into this. This will be impossible to complete at this rate.

paddock4
07-15-18, 07:36 AM
I got an expansion permit from my direwolf this morning. Now, I can open the tree of the wilds ������

55lee55
07-15-18, 07:37 AM
Last night the option to craft finally showed up in my potion shop, so I stayed up very late making 4 flowers and 5 trees, and Chapter 4 finished.

This morning, I find myself with Chapter 4 starting again, with no seeds in inventory! S8, the drops of seeds, especially flower seeds, are low to start with. Please fix this bug. If it's happened to me it's happened to others, and if this is a ploy to force us to spend $ on your "sale" to replay a chapter, it's a shame that you have stooped so low. I hope that it's just a bug and that you fix it immediately so I and others can continue playing. Until then, I will be searching for Sabina. I am glad that we have a storyline quest to work on, but it doesn't make up for having to lose sleep last night to finish Chapter 4, only to find it reset this morning. After only getting 14 keys last night, despite asking all but very low level players (over 600 because the key quest kept setting back to zero), to wake up to this is very frustrating. Thanks for getting to this right away.

Edit: Yes, I have force closed multiple times. I force close 20-30 times a day since this event started. Please don't do these storybook events in CS again. They are too full of bugs and the reason I quit playing DS and FS and don't play other S8 games. It's not fair to players to expect us to debug these storybook events each time.

CharmOfLea
07-15-18, 07:38 AM
I'm level 23 and thought I was doing pretty good...until yesterday. Should I just give up on this event? I'm spend all my time and resources making simple feasts (7 so far I think, I've lost count) and swords, but it won't drop the last seed. I think the farm houses have stopped giving wooden coins too. I was getting one drop for every four farmhouses clicked on but now it's worse. Do they not want me to advance? Frustrations are running pretty high. Someone said they had a guard dog that dropped simple feasts, how do I get one? Please tell me it's not 500 gems.
The guard dog is bought with coins, but you have to unlock the Guardsman in the town square with crowns first to have that option. Godspeed.

my2place
07-15-18, 07:55 AM
Pretty frustrated here ... I collected the third sunburst seed and even got the dialog that the chapter was completed, then the game jumped back and when I re-collected, no seed and I?m back to only having 2/3 seeds. Have done the adventure 3 times since and still no more seeds ... :(

I'm done with this. Did 2 more adventures, even sped up with gems and no more seeds. Maddening because I had it and a game glitch took it away! I'll still check in and answer neighbor requests, but I'm not spending anymore time, energy, gems, resources and most of all frustration on this.

CharmOfLea
07-15-18, 08:04 AM
During chapter 4, can we buy any Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees? Or only craft them?

Do the adventure to get the seeds and option to craft the sunburst flower and meadow tree stay open during chapter 5?

Ephemera1983
07-15-18, 08:14 AM
I just saw the post, that we need 10 golden eggs for chapter 10- so i? m Done! I? ve spent all Golden eggs at the last event for adventuring. No chance for me to finish anyway. Will spent my time for better things now ..So S8, thanks AGAIN for a completely frustrating event( the 5th in a row now!! My Money will go to other devices- sure!

judafarm
07-15-18, 08:36 AM
Im really upset now..
Yesterday I had 429 gems..
I just look at my gems and there now 329!!
I miss 100 gems!!
How is this possible?
I didn't buy anything.
I think there is a big misstake in this event :mad:

fish63
07-15-18, 08:36 AM
I don?t think I got the keys for the gift and am not getting keys from neighbors! Shows 5%. I have good neighbors an know they would send if they got a request.

meme1098
07-15-18, 08:38 AM

OMG! I know this! LOL!
But, of course, I forgot to hold off finishing the goal until tomorrow morning! So now I'll have to get all the rest of the 25 each for Chapter 5 tomorrow.

I don?t think I got the keys for the gift and am not getting keys from neighbors! Shows 5%. I have good neighbors an know they would send if they got a request.

Look at the chests in the workshop. How many does it show you have there? Remember...you can only receive 20 responses in a day (21 if you wait to send Stormie one). 5% of 200 should be 10. Hopefully you have at least that many there. Send out some more just to be sure. It is the weekend tho, so some nbrs maybe busy. Good luck!

fish63
07-15-18, 08:58 AM
I have four flowers and two trees. I’m getting coins or acer berries from trees and orange petals from trees! How random can they get!

55lee55
07-15-18, 09:05 AM

I don't think I got them either. Yesterday I only got 14 keys, despite asking more than 600 neighbors. Today I was reset to 0/200 again and despite asking people who I know are playing because they just sent a key request, I only have 4 so far today.

And Chapter 4, that I was finally able to finish when the craft showed up in my potion shop last night, reset this morning and I have to collect all the seeds again! No seeds in 3 collections so far. I was waiting for Chapter 5 to start this morning, and now I am back at step 1 of yesterday's chapter. This event is so full of bugs that S8 should just give everyone the keys and the fawn now and stop it from torturing us.

sandisin
07-15-18, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=meme1098;1527638]OMG! I know this! LOL!
But, of course, I forgot to hold off finishing the goal until tomorrow morning! So now I'll have to get all the rest of the 25 each for Chapter 5 tomorrow.
I collected the 5 th sunburst flower too. Does that mean I can’t collect any more until the next goal opens? And can’t collect from trees until tomorrow?
KEep getting message that this post is too short

745Q5T
07-15-18, 09:43 AM
Do the seeds only come from the quest? I’ve completed the quest 4 times and zero drop. The very first quest I did for the Meadow, I received 1 seed, now nothing. Where do I find the othe 2 seeds?

Ki250
07-15-18, 09:44 AM
Four adventures for sunburst seeds and I only have one. This game is so frustrating at times. I am not spending any gems that's for sure. I don't understand how some players are extremely lucky while others aren't. This sucks :mad:

spanisheyes1
9 keys came back - TOTAL
Day 3 - goal 3 - escape to the meadow = escaped 8 or it might be 9 times showing 1 of 3.
Disheartened? VERY
Is it worth it I ask?

nukesters2
I must say, this is the most complicated, frustrating, glitchy event ever!! I purposely stayed up till after midnight to ask for keys, by the time I went to sleep I had recieved 16 keys, but was waiting for the full 20 to do a premium chest. This morning, it shows to ask for keys again, I HAVE NO KEYS LEFT IN MY INVENTORY!!! I can not make any chests, and if I try to ask for keys it says I already asked!!! STORM 8 WHAT IS GOING ON??????????

sandisin
07-15-18, 09:45 AM
Do I have to do the 2 nd meadow wolf coin collections? Does anyone know what the meadow wolf drops?

nukesters2
07-15-18, 09:47 AM
I don't think I got them either. Yesterday I only got 14 keys, despite asking more than 600 neighbors. Today I was reset to 0/200 again and despite asking people who I know are playing because they just sent a key request, I only have 4 so far today.

And Chapter 4, that I was finally able to finish when the craft showed up in my potion shop last night, reset this morning and I have to collect all the seeds again! No seeds in 3 collections so far. I was waiting for Chapter 5 to start this morning, and now I am back at step 1 of yesterday's chapter. This event is so full of bugs that S8 should just give everyone the keys and the fawn now and stop it from torturing us.

Yes!!! Horrible event!!! This is what happened to me, wrote a post about it:
“I must say, this is the most complicated, frustrating, glitchy event ever!! I purposely stayed up till after midnight to ask for keys, by the time I went to sleep I had recieved 16 keys, but was waiting for the full 20 to do a premium chest. This morning, it shows to ask for keys again, I HAVE NO KEYS LEFT IN MY INVENTORY!!! I can not make any chests, and if I try to ask for keys it says I already asked!!! STORM 8 WHAT IS GOING ON??????????”

meme1098
07-15-18, 10:01 AM
OMG! I know this! LOL!
I collected the 5 th sunburst flower too. Does that mean I can?t collect any more until the next goal opens? And can?t collect from trees until tomorrow?
KEep getting message that this post is too short

Once you finish the chapter, the blooms & meadow sap will no longer drop from the tree or flowers. This is how storybooks always worked before & I totally forgot...lol.

Message you're getting could be because my post you were quoting was cut off & the quote bracket at the end of my post was missing. I added it back in above to separate the posts.

AnnirasSweets
07-15-18, 10:02 AM
During chapter 4, can we buy any Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees? Or only craft them?

Do the adventure to get the seeds and option to craft the sunburst flower and meadow tree stay open during chapter 5?

We can only craft them. I'm pretty sure (80%) that the craft remains but with this event who can tell? Half the players didn't have the crafts between chapters 3 and 4 and the other half did. With this in mind, I'm playing it safe and not completing the last goal of chapter 4 just in case.

I have four flowers and two trees. I’m getting coins or acer berries from trees and orange petals from trees! How random can they get!

Usually in Storybooks if you've finished a chapter then the event materials will no longer drop from the items until the next chapter begins. I would normally feel very safe in saying that if you've finished chapter 4 the meadow sap and sunburst blooms will no longer drop but in this event it seems as though glitches have thrown all the old rules out the window so I don't want to spread the wrong info.

Do I have to do the 2 nd meadow wolf coin collections? Does anyone know what the meadow wolf drops?

It's not necessary to do any of the Meadow Wolf goals. The benefit in doing the goals is that you don't have to craft the wolf, you win it as a 'reward' instead for the same materials needed for crafting. In my mind, the goal would be the better way if you'd rather have your workshops free and want the wolf immediately instead of waiting the hour for it to craft.

My wolf has dropped: 1-3 Meadow Wolf Fangs, 1-3 Meadow Pelts, Rat Tail, Fur, Creep Tooth, Elvenite, Spellbound Dew, Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern.

Passera
07-15-18, 10:09 AM
Ugh! Sent my Knights out to quest before seeing that we need the castle to quest for this! So I?m going to be a day behind unless I want to use my gems to speed up. Tried getting the gothic castle as the goal is still in my book but it?s no longer in the store. Is there anyway to finish without my spending gems?

sandisin
07-15-18, 10:10 AM
Thank you AnnirasSweets.

Iceglimmer
07-15-18, 10:21 AM
Seriously? The first goal of day ten is to get 20 keys?
Actually, this is the same goal that made me quit for several years. I had spent gems here and there along the story book, got to day ten, figured I would get 20 replies easily, sat at 19 all day, and refused to gem the last one. Deleted the game the next day, and only started playing again a few weeks ago (which is why I have the 40 energy Rouncey and the enormous bountiful table, but I'm only just starting the mermaid thing).

riverly
07-15-18, 10:21 AM
I've been sending out my key requests in batches. Like my A-E. Wait a bit then my F-K etc.
I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread about sending out smaller batches. It seems to work pretty good for me, as long as I remember where I left off.

Iceglimmer
07-15-18, 10:27 AM
I've been getting my 20 keys pretty quickly (thank you to the many forum members who added me!). But it's a glitchy process. Some days it just doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

barbiedoll1509
07-15-18, 10:31 AM
This event is discouraging. Bad start with the marketplace & a 22 hour timer. Next you have us go on an adventure to collect 3 seeds. I have now made 7 adventures and no seeds. I will never finish in time. I am ready to give up on this quest. It is disappointing when this is your favorite game & you have been playing daily.

kajohn345
07-15-18, 10:31 AM
That is such a shame :( Do you not remember your username so that you can just load your old level 50 game on to your new iPad? :) If it doesn?t work, try messaging Storm8 and they should be able to transfer it for you. Mine loaded automatically when I did it, but my friend had trouble and just emailed Storm8 some info and they transferred it for her.

I tried contacting them but they were unable to find my game for some reason. :( I did know my ID I?m pretty sure but it didn?t work. That was about 3 years ago or so now so I?ve moved on but yes frustrating...

Iceglimmer
07-15-18, 10:35 AM
I tried contacting them but they were unable to find my game for some reason. :( I did know my ID I?m pretty sure but it didn?t work. That was about 3 years ago or so now so I?ve moved on but yes frustrating...

Isn't your ID kajohn345? It says that that's the ID you have been using since November 2013. Or did you have more than one?

kajohn345
07-15-18, 10:42 AM
Isn't your ID kajohn345? It says that that's the ID you have been using since November 2013. Or did you have more than one?

Yes it is. I knew of two possible usernames but neither worked. they couldn’t find my old game. Anyway, I’ve moved on from that.

Right now I’m super super frustrated with this game. :(

mrootje
07-15-18, 10:49 AM
I am really done with day 3. Spend whole day for adventures and stil not the 3rd flower! Am I doing something wrong?

PrincessCelestian
07-15-18, 10:54 AM
My tree did NOT count towards the goal because I collected it before the sunflower so be aware.

Galadraal
07-15-18, 11:02 AM
On a different note, I can't imagine many people will be collecting wooden coins to make the second wolf, but if you are planning on a second wolf, the gem skip for 8 gold coins in the goal is a total of 40, while the per-unit cost of gold coins in the workshop is 10 gems each, and you need eight, so that's 80 gems in the workshop. If you are going to need to use gems to make a second wolf, it's cheaper to gem skip the gold coin part of the goal wolf than to buy gold coins to craft the wolf in the workshop. (The gem cost of platinum coins is the same for both workshop and goal).

(And as I was typing this, I had 13 requests for keys!)
Wish I read this BEFORE I gave the second gold coin instead of after LOL

kajohn345
07-15-18, 11:06 AM
Would love more neighbors who could send keys. Please add me kajohn345

jkc619
07-15-18, 11:07 AM
The Fabled Fawn
Chapter 5 of 10
Goal 3 of 3: will fill in soon

Does anyone know if they count if you collect them ahead of time?

macailla1967
07-15-18, 11:16 AM
I've been playing this game since the beginning. I really find it ridiculous to have an energy maximum of 40. But yet, to get enough wood coins to make a platinum one, you need 25 for 1 bronze, then 8 bronze for a silver, 5 silver for a gold etc. I can't even!!! Seriously tired of everything being so difficult to acquire.

And don't even get me started on the anemone and ocean reefs!!!! In the 24 hours I had the 3x to collect eels, I got a total of 5. 3 anemones and 2 ocean reefs and I got 5 eels.

These are the very reasons I quit playing for over a year. Just may be coming to that once again. Sad to say I spend over 100 a month on energy and gems. Crazy!!!!

mrootje
07-15-18, 11:24 AM
Should have posted earlier. Finally after I don't know many adventures I've finished and got the 3rd flower!

Stymie52
07-15-18, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know if they count if you collect them ahead of time?

I collected ahead of time and they counted.

ladyperidot
07-15-18, 11:56 AM
Just had something weird happen with the adventure to get the seeds. It finished early and only gave me a few coins. I know it was early because I also started crafting long swords at the same time and they are still in progress

Stymie52
07-15-18, 11:56 AM
After about 19 hours and very frequent collecting, I have only fought 3 Meadow Wolves out of the 20 needed. I have 4 Sunburst Flowers and 4 Meadow Trees. I have spawned hoards of other creatures in my collections. Theses drops will have to improve.

barbarix
07-15-18, 12:11 PM
Stuck at the same place. On quest 5 and getting nothing. This is a chaotic event, with too much going on, and I?m beginning to wonder if it?s worth all these random drops costing so many hard to replace resources.

Just back from Adventure no. 6 or 7,nothing but glimmerdust... not happy with game...

CharlieGirl9
07-15-18, 12:14 PM
Just had something weird happen with the adventure to get the seeds. It finished early and only gave me a few coins. I know it was early because I also started crafting long swords at the same time and they are still in progress

Now I can't find the post, but someone else said that after many 2 hour adventures, it changed to 1.5.

CharlieGirl9
07-15-18, 12:18 PM
Late today, Explore the Meadow switched from 2 hours to 1 and 1/2 hours. I got nothing on four longer adventures but I got seeds on the next two shorter duration adventures. Now it?s back to 2 hours and I?m afraid to go out.

Found it!

GiselleX16
07-15-18, 12:18 PM
That was me; started at 2 hour adventures, then turned to 1 1/2 hours for a day, now back to 2. I did get a meadow tree seed from the 2 hour adventure today.

Scratte717
07-15-18, 12:21 PM
For me the adventure description says 2 hours, but once you start it - timer is only 1,5 . It has been so all the time

And now finally after 14 adventures I got all 3 seeds

Seriously700
07-15-18, 12:29 PM
I was doing chapter 4 today and like many of you I was surprised that the meadow trees and sunburst flowers stopped their special drops once the 3rd goal was completed.

I know that type of thing has happened before during past storybook events BUT there are a few things different here. First, my meadow trees were dropping meadow sap even though there was no specific storybook goal to collect the sap, so completing the goals for the sunburst blooms shouldn't have affected the sap. Second, I do have goals in my magic forge requiring both the sap and blooms to craft the fawnicorns so those drops are relevant to active crafts. Third, the trees and sunburst flowers were also dropping the wooden coins which are an on-going goal.

I don't think these drops should have been turned off given the open crafts that we have.

zoroak
07-15-18, 12:33 PM
After about 19 hours and very frequent collecting, I have only fought 3 Meadow Wolves out of the 20 needed. I have 4 Sunburst Flowers and 4 Meadow Trees. I have spawned hoards of other creatures in my collections. Theses drops will have to improve.

Did you try farmhouses and cottages?

tuffyjkitten
07-15-18, 12:37 PM
kajohn345 I sent you an invite.

Anyone else in need of keys can invite me.

cheers196
07-15-18, 12:48 PM
I was doing chapter 4 today and like many of you I was surprised that the meadow trees and sunburst flowers stopped their special drops once the 3rd goal was completed.

I know that type of thing has happened before during past storybook events BUT there are a few things different here. First, my meadow trees were dropping meadow sap even though there was no specific storybook goal to collect the sap, so completing the goals for the sunburst blooms shouldn't have affected the sap. Second, I do have goals in my magic forge requiring both the sap and blooms to craft the fawnicorns so those drops are relevant to active crafts. Third, the trees and sunburst flowers were also dropping the wooden coins which are an on-going goal.

I don't think these drops should have been turned off given the open crafts that we have.

I thought those special drops were dropping after I completed chapter 4. Then stopped. I don?t see any reason why they had to stop the wooden coins between chapters. Their drop rate was 100% while lasted. I was very happy about it.

Stymie52
07-15-18, 12:50 PM
Did you try farmhouses and cottages?

Yes, and I have not spawned a Meadow Wolf from any of my 10 cottages or 9 farmhouses.

dgoble55
07-15-18, 01:02 PM
Looking for new neighbors who will send community keys ! Please respond with your Storm8 ID.
Thank you

My id: dgoble55

Bybrr
07-15-18, 01:11 PM
Someone posted that chapter ten goal 2 needs 10 golden eggs... do you think they will drop enough because I only have 5 after a month of playing?

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 01:13 PM
Ugh! Sent my Knights out to quest before seeing that we need the castle to quest for this! So I?m going to be a day behind unless I want to use my gems to speed up. Tried getting the gothic castle as the goal is still in my book but it?s no longer in the store. Is there anyway to finish without my spending gems?

My advice is gem skip what you can, I made the same mistake and have only just got the last seed needed, it?s taken me 1.5 days from the point of needing to use the castle, to getting to the next step.

55lee55
07-15-18, 01:14 PM
I spent 30 gems to play Chapter 4 for the second time, as I had to buy a flower seed. Now it's saying that I have to wait 12 hrs for Chapter 5 to unlock. My flowers are dropping petals, and my trees started to drop meadow sap, but now the trees have stopped dropping sap. I don't have the option to craft the Chapter 5 items in my potion shop, not even locked by goal. Is everyone else still on level 4 and the people who are in Chapter 5 and higher have used gems to unlock early? I am so frustrated and confused by this event and I am really worried that in 12 hours I will have to do Chapter 4 yet again.

S8, can you please look into this? I have sent a support request but I won't have the time or energy to finish if I am behind where I should be. I thought that if you finished and the next chapter has started, you can play it immediately. Thanks!

meme1098
07-15-18, 01:16 PM
Seriously? The first goal of day ten is to get 20 keys?
Actually, this is the same goal that made me quit for several years. I had spent gems here and there along the story book, got to day ten, figured I would get 20 replies easily, sat at 19 all day, and refused to gem the last one. Deleted the game the next day, and only started playing again a few weeks ago (which is why I have the 40 energy Rouncey and the enormous bountiful table, but I'm only just starting the mermaid thing).

If you get stuck at 19, just send one to Stormie. Just be sure you save him expressly for this purpose & don't send it with all your other requests. If the server is saying you've reached your daily limit & you've only gotten 19, you can still get one more key from Stormie!

55lee55
07-15-18, 01:16 PM
Now I can't find the post, but someone else said that after many 2 hour adventures, it changed to 1.5.

No, it's always been 1.5 hours but it said 2 hours when you left to go.

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 01:28 PM
No, it's always been 1.5 hours but it said 2 hours when you left to go.

I’m having same bug with potion shop for sunflower flower thingy. Craft says 2 hours, timer 1.5 hours.

tigarlilyvol
07-15-18, 01:28 PM
I spent 30 gems to play Chapter 4 for the second time, as I had to buy a flower seed. Now it's saying that I have to wait 12 hrs for Chapter 5 to unlock. My flowers are dropping petals, and my trees started to drop meadow sap, but now the trees have stopped dropping sap. I don't have the option to craft the Chapter 5 items in my potion shop, not even locked by goal. Is everyone else still on level 4 and the people who are in Chapter 5 and higher have used gems to unlock early? I am so frustrated and confused by this event and I am really worried that in 12 hours I will have to do Chapter 4 yet again.

S8, can you please look into this? I have sent a support request but I won't have the time or energy to finish if I am behind where I should be. I thought that if you finished and the next chapter has started, you can play it immediately. Thanks!

I am on chapter 4 and started on time and have not skipped ahead. Anyone who is at chapter 5 or more has skipped.

PurpleScorpion76
07-15-18, 01:35 PM
I haven?t seen the answer here ... as we have more seeds can we make more than one sunburst flower or one meadow tree?

MoonVillage3
07-15-18, 01:46 PM

It's quite usual in this type of day to day event that ALL drops to do with the goals stop completely till event starts next day.
To be on the safe side just simply don't complete the final step. Keep goal open till past starting time, or almost starting time and you can collect all you want, with also the pleasure of moving on immediately the next day.
The only attention to be made is in the last step! This you must finish and complete within time.. and don't forget!!!!

Glimmerless
07-15-18, 01:59 PM
As long as you have the seeds, you can make more Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees, which will help you a lot on Coin collection and event item drops! I have 3 Sunburst Flowers and 1 Meadow Tree. It takes 20 Water and 10 Glimmerdust, so it's less feasible for fewer energy resources players like myself who is pooling most energy just to make a Gold Coin a day, but if you have the means to make more, I'm happy for you. :)

-

I remember in the beginning, someone said we may need Enchanted Beam/Block and Spellbound stuff, but I'm not seeing it on the first page. I've been making Enchanted materials this entire time, but we don't actually need it for this event, do we? They are just included in the value pack on the side to fluff up the single Meadow Tree Seed and single Sunburst Seed, right? :confused:

Stymie52
07-15-18, 02:01 PM
I haven?t seen the answer here ... as we have more seeds can we make more than one sunburst flower or one meadow tree?

Definitely! You will need Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees in later chapters to spawn Meadow Wolves to fight. The flowers and trees also drop wood coins. When you make the flowers and trees in the Potion Shop (they each require 20 water), make sure to replenish your water.

Stymie52
07-15-18, 02:56 PM

Also fighting the Meadow Wolves drops Meadow Pelts and Meadow Wolf Fangs. Looking at kolakid2 post #315, Goal 2 of Chapter 9 requires 70 Meadow Pelts. I do not see where Meadow Wolf Fangs are required. Perhaps they might be needed for Goal 3 of Chapter 9, which is absent from the post.

CharlieGirl9
07-15-18, 03:15 PM
For chapter 8, you need 75 dire boar pelts. I'm usually maxed on those because I have the onyx dire boars, but for some players, it's not the sort of thing you can just whip up. Any lower level players, should check the full list of what you need on hand (golden eggs, glimmerdust) and work out if it's feasible to finish.
Edit: lower level players may have different requirements. I don't want to put anyone off giving it a go.

Morticia6
07-15-18, 03:39 PM
Really? I ’ve spent 3 long swords and simple feast each adventure and all I got - twice!- was lousy Glimmer dust??? THIs is why Im still stuck at lv 3 and start asking myself if it‘s worth to go on with this quest...������

paddock4
07-15-18, 03:46 PM
Me too. I think, I send my knight almost 20 times and nothing. :mad: any keys eather since yesterday morning

kolakid2
07-15-18, 03:57 PM
Also fighting the Meadow Wolves drops Meadow Pelts and Meadow Wolf Fangs. Looking at kolakid2 post #315, Goal 2 of Chapter 9 requires 70 Meadow Pelts. I do not see where Meadow Wolf Fangs are required. Perhaps they might be needed for Goal 3 of Chapter 9, which is absent from the post.

Meadow Fangs needed in Chpt 10 Goal 2

Chapter 9
Goal 1: Defeat Meadow Wolves x15 Skip 225 gems
Goal 2: Gather Meadow Pelts... Give x70
Skip 420 gems
Goal 3:Retrieve the Missing Page x1 (Defeat Meadow Wolf) Skip 120 gems
Reward:100 Crowns

Chapter 10
Goal 2: Build the Meadow of Fawn (in Market 500 coins) Skip 500 gems
Need: 50 Jewels / 75 Bone / 10 Golden Eggs / 20 Meadow Wolf Fang
Goal 3: Make the Horn of the Fawnicorn
Need: 5 EarthWisps / 1 Meadow Potion (counted from Chpt 5)
1 Missing Page (counted from Chpt 9 /Meadow Wolf) 3 hrs
Reward 200 Crowns/Horn of Fawnicorn

AnnirasSweets
07-15-18, 03:59 PM
As long as you have the seeds, you can make more Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees, which will help you a lot on Coin collection and event item drops! I have 3 Sunburst Flowers and 1 Meadow Tree. It takes 20 Water and 10 Glimmerdust, so it's less feasible for fewer energy resources players like myself who is pooling most energy just to make a Gold Coin a day, but if you have the means to make more, I'm happy for you. :)

-

I remember in the beginning, someone said we may need Enchanted Beam/Block and Spellbound stuff, but I'm not seeing it on the first page. I've been making Enchanted materials this entire time, but we don't actually need it for this event, do we? They are just included in the value pack on the side to fluff up the single Meadow Tree Seed and single Sunburst Seed, right? :confused:

I'm also dedicating all my energy to making extra plants and then collecting from them exclusively since their drop rates for Wood Coins are way better than the buildings.

I remember seeing the post you're speaking of and the player said that they thought the spellbound items would be needed due to the package which thankfully didn't happen (I'm greedy about my spellbound items). I agree with your thoughts that the items were added to make the value pack bundle seem more valuable than the single seeds alone might have.

jen7779
07-15-18, 05:12 PM
Where can we get swords,besides jousting arena, thurstons place, knights house and crafting them?

Stymie52
07-15-18, 05:27 PM
Many thanks, kolakid2! We all appreciate your pioneer work.

CharlieGirl9
07-15-18, 05:29 PM
Where can we get swords,besides jousting arena, thurstons place, knights house and crafting them?

I get most of mine from the guard dogs.

The HUB says:
Found: Jousting arena, Thurston's house, Adult Bijou Dragon, Adult Flare Dragon, Adult Matrix Dragon, Destrier, Rouncey, Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Troll Training Ground, Armored Fire Dragon, Armored Ice Dragon, Faerie Dragon, Fire Fox, Desert Palace, Jousting Steed, Spring Dragon, Glen the Frog Prince, Aquamarine Dragon (Baron's Tent), Dark Knight's Steed, Light Knight's Steed, Glimmer Dragon, Dark Onyx Dragon, ghost knight, shattered wyvern, scorched wyvern, Mothraki Knight, Interpret the Knight (mystic card), Silver fae dragon, Tide Dragon, Guard dog, Aquatic Dragon, Aquatic Wyvern

coolssp
07-15-18, 06:12 PM

5 adventures later, still on 2 seeds :(

Stymie52
07-15-18, 06:18 PM
I have twice had a Bronze Coin as a drop from fighting the Meadow Wolf.

Bybrr
07-15-18, 06:44 PM
For chapter 8, you need 75 dire boar pelts. I'm usually maxed on those because I have the onyx dire boars, but for some players, it's not the sort of thing you can just whip up. Any lower level players, should check the full list of what you need on hand (golden eggs, glimmerdust) and work out if it's feasible to finish.
Edit: lower level players may have different requirements. I don't want to put anyone off giving it a go.

I'm level 23 and at least one earlier requirement was different. In chapter 1 I only had to check the marketplace twice. I hope they consider levels later since I've never seen a dire boar in my kingdom and I only have 5 golden eggs from a months play. I'm hopeful so I'm going to continue playing in good faith.

It will be interesting to see what they ask for chapter 7 goal three if the kingdom doesn't have Thurston's Fort...I haven't gotten that far yet.

Glimmerless
07-15-18, 07:15 PM
I'm also dedicating all my energy to making extra plants and then collecting from them exclusively since their drop rates for Wood Coins are way better than the buildings.

I remember seeing the post you're speaking of and the player said that they thought the spellbound items would be needed due to the package which thankfully didn't happen (I'm greedy about my spellbound items). I agree with your thoughts that the items were added to make the value pack bundle seem more valuable than the single seeds alone might have.

That definitely seems to be the better method! I've been adventuring, but the Seed drops are so rare that I can't depend on them right now. I'm reluctant to spend energy collecting Water and Glimmerdust if I never get the Seeds, so my focus is Farmhouses. I'm also wary about accidentally completing chapter and being unable to collect event items from them, as it seems to have happened to some other players.

Stymie52
07-15-18, 07:26 PM
Chapter 6, Goal 3
After 27 hours (take away 7 hours for sleep), I now have fought 10 Meadow Wolves. I was pretty much glued to my iPad all day. So for me, this goal will take two full days.
Chapter 9, Goal 1 requires defeating 15 Meadow Wolves. S8 will definitely have to improve the spawning of these Meadow Wolves. This is way too much time necessary to complete these two goals.

SpiritWind00
07-15-18, 08:23 PM
Page 1 updated with more info.

Note to players posting about bugs or issues with their game - please don't post here in the discussion thread as this thread is getting too long and it is unlikely your post will be seen by S8. It will definitely be seen if you post in the Bugs and Issues Forum and then it allows me to identify and escalate recurring issues.

You MUST post in the correct forum or you can also reach out to Support. If you are sent back here, please make sure you create a new thread in the Bugs Forum. Thanks. SW

Queenzod
07-15-18, 08:32 PM
My sunflowers and trees have stopped dropping wood coins. None at all today.

This is the buggiest, most confusing update ever! What?s up with this?

Lavenderdale
07-15-18, 09:07 PM
I'm level 23 and at least one earlier requirement was different. In chapter 1 I only had to check the marketplace twice. I hope they consider levels later since I've never seen a dire boar in my kingdom and I only have 5 golden eggs from a months play. I'm hopeful so I'm going to continue playing in good faith.

It will be interesting to see what they ask for chapter 7 goal three if the kingdom doesn't have Thurston's Fort...I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm concerned for you not having Thurston's Fort. I don't think it was called out as a requirement (they specified it for the recent quest), but ... you probably want to work that a bit on the side. I'm doing Troll Tribe battles and Search for Sabina just because, which was a challenge a week ago when troll tribe flooded me with dire boars, lol.

Lacking Golden Eggs sideswiped me on an event when I was new, but it was optional. Another event I bailed because I only had 80k coins left - and missed out on pastel Alicorn because I didn't know it dropped energy, lol.

But I think you are right to be optimistic. Best wishes.

ladlasse
07-15-18, 09:32 PM
I have never been so far behind in an event. I am getting terrible drops from adventures. Like so many others, I keep sending out the adventure and getting 1 glimmerdust. I received 1 seed of each kind after the first adventure, but last night and all day today I've sent out adventures and just received 1 additional seed; they rest were glimmerdust. Ridiculous. I'm not making much progress on the fawn event. In the other event, I should be able to get the wolf in a few days, but it's hard to believe that some people have 3 already.

ladlasse
07-15-18, 09:37 PM
Kajohn345 and Equinox14 - I sent you invitations per your post requests.

tromalyt
07-15-18, 10:07 PM
These funny bugs always happen during the weekends, when nobody can fix then, except when the bug works in our favour, in that case it is fixed promptly.

But during this Saturday the game was working fine, I was getting coins and limited time stuff from the new sunburst flowers and new trees, but suddenly, no coins, no limited time stuff from the new plants, only glimmerdust during this Sunday.

A bug that appears on a Sunday? weird.

deadpixel
07-15-18, 10:35 PM
5 adventures later, still on 2 seeds :(

It took me 13 adventures to get the 3 seeds :(

My stockpile of swords painstakingly collected is quickly dwindling.

rembetiko
07-15-18, 11:01 PM
How boring. I am now on the second day trying to get those 3 sunburst seeds and got 2 so far. Most drops are just glimmerdust. Reading that later chapters depend as much on chance and therefore take lots of time doesn’t seem exciting either. I hope the next event will be slightly more rewarding.

suzishine
07-16-18, 12:25 AM
Really? I ’ve spent 3 long swords and simple feast each adventure and all I got - twice!- was lousy Glimmer dust??? THIs is why Im still stuck at lv 3 and start asking myself if it‘s worth to go on with this quest...������

I am also on chapter three...... waiting and hoping....