PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Penguin (Birthday Babies Pt. 1) - 2018 Jul 6

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 09:12 AM
Pastel Penguin - new creature
More information on Pastel Penguin (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1525585&viewfull=1#post1525585) in Creatures Guide.
Pastel Penguin

Element: Rainbow, Water
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

Birthday Babies - Part 1
Get a Pastel Penguin (breed Water + Nature)
REWARDS: 5 gems, 750 birthday balloons

Pastel Penguin - 8 hrs

alienonacid
07-06-18, 11:54 AM
Ty

oficeandfire
07-06-18, 12:01 PM
Im sure it’s a super rare and I’ll never get it :blue:

AppieP
07-06-18, 12:05 PM
Im sure it’s a super rare and I’ll never get it :blue:

It is. And probably a 8 hour timer breeding with water/nature

oficeandfire
07-06-18, 12:15 PM
It is. And probably a 8 hour timer breeding with water/nature

Yep got my first 16hr fail!

AppieP
07-06-18, 12:20 PM
Yep got my first 16hr fail!

Me 14. Don't get to excited, if it's a 8 hour timer, dont forget about the 8 hour aquatter:(

oficeandfire
07-06-18, 12:35 PM
Oh man...this is going to be a real treat! I have all the water nature animals already too! They will all be sold once hatched...fun stuff :(

alienonacid
07-06-18, 12:38 PM
I started by breeding Frost and Panda. The first few fails consisted of a lot of Snowy Egrets and Turtisles. So I bred those two and successfully got a Pastel Penguin. Hope this helps anyone.

Sakrysta
07-06-18, 12:49 PM
Oh man...this is going to be a real treat! I have all the water nature animals already too! They will all be sold once hatched...fun stuff :(I use my duplicates to replace the ones I already have. It gives me animals that take minimal feeding that I can use in the Evolution Flower to get Leaderboard Points without leveling up to epic all my irreplaceable basic element hybrids.

I still end up selling some of them, but it gives a purpose to what would otherwise be pointless breeds. If it's something I already have, and it's already above level 4, I sell the one I have and put the baby in its place. I always need animals to evolve for points, so this works out well.

Callyvitale19
07-06-18, 12:55 PM
Pastel Penguin - 8 hrs

This wasn't easy, but I did spend less to breed it than it would have cost to buy it. The hard part was finding something to sell

AppieP
07-06-18, 03:20 PM
Pastel Penguin - 8 hrs

This wasn't easy, but I did spend less to breed it than it would have cost to buy it. The hard part was finding something to sell

Oh my, that doesn't sound good for us. So many fails already, and with these 2 elements..... 3 of each rarity

5 hour - Ocean Ape (C)
5 hour - Snowy Egret (C)
6 hour - Turtisle (C)
8 hour - Aquatter (R)
11 hour - Ocean Owl (SR)
11 hour - Seamur (R)
13 hour - Seahorse (SR)
14 - Chilly Goat (R)
16 - Skyena (SR)

Congrats with yours, really hope i can get it. Good luck everyone. So many possible fails. I hope i can get a Ocean Owl "fail". One i dont have.

Callyvitale19
07-06-18, 03:29 PM
Oh my, that doesn't sound good for us. So many fails already, and with these 2 elements..... 3 of each rarity

5 hour - Ocean Ape (C)
5 hour - Snowy Egret (C)
6 hour - Turtisle (C)
8 hour - Aquatter (R)
11 hour - Ocean Owl (SR)
11 hour - Seamur (R)
13 hour - Seahorse (SR)
14 - Chilly Goat (R)
16 - Skyena (SR)

Congrats with yours, really hope i can get it. Good luck everyone. So many possible fails. I hope i can get a Ocean Owl "fail". One i dont have.Thanks, I got quite a few fails and I got everyone of them that you listed. The majority of fails I got were the 5 and 6 hr. ones.

miadoubled
07-06-18, 08:01 PM
Fingers crossed .. 3rd try landed me an 8hr. I pray fr no aquatter!!

miadoubled
07-06-18, 08:02 PM
Me 14. Don't get to excited, if it's a 8 hour timer, dont forget about the 8 hour aquatter:( this will be a long 8hrs to find out! Ekkkkk

sandygin
07-06-18, 08:10 PM
I started by breeding Frost and Panda. The first few fails consisted of a lot of Snowy Egrets and Turtisles. So I bred those two and successfully got a Pastel Penguin. Hope this helps anyone.

Thank you for sharing this. I also got my pastel penguin when trying your combo.

Phoenix406
07-06-18, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info, and congratulations to you and Sakrysta and sandygin for getting the penguin!

Penguin2016
07-06-18, 09:31 PM
Oh, do I love this one! My ID totally doesn’t give away that I love penguins, lol. But it’s also my colors :).

I don’t have it yet, but to those who are worried: we have 21 days to get this one. So even if we can’t finish the multi-part breeding goal that they’ve brought back, the chances of getting this cutie are statistically higher.

I’m not sure yet how I feel about this type of goal being brought back, because I’m not sure how the altered chances and time will effect the amount of event items earned. I do like that we earn (a measly amount of) gems for successful breeding, but then again, that could mean that storm 8 balances that by making this animal a super super rare instead of super rare!

AppieP
07-07-18, 12:41 AM
Oh, do I love this one! My ID totally doesn’t give away that I love penguins, lol. But it’s also my colors :).

I don’t have it yet, but to those who are worried: we have 21 days to get this one. So even if we can’t finish the multi-part breeding goal that they’ve brought back, the chances of getting this cutie are statistically higher.

I’m not sure yet how I feel about this type of goal being brought back, because I’m not sure how the altered chances and time will effect the amount of event items earned. I do like that we earn (a measly amount of) gems for successful breeding, but then again, that could mean that storm 8 balances that by making this animal a super super rare instead of super rare!

Dont forget its one of a trio. So 21 days for breeding 3 different creatures. But yes we also have 21 days change for the penguin.

miadoubled
07-07-18, 07:32 AM
1st 8hr is a fail...another attempt another 8hrs. I pray no aquatter!!!
More 8hr fails....agh

ysabel79
07-07-18, 01:54 PM

That worked for me also!! Thank you 😃

Phoenix406
07-07-18, 05:06 PM
Dont forget its one of a trio. So 21 days for breeding 3 different creatures. But yes we also have 21 days change for the penguin.

That's what I was going to say, too, as it doesn't seem anyone else has mentioned that this will be a trio. If you can't get the first one, you can't get the final one. :/
I just got it on my older account with basic Frostfang and Pandaffodil. Now I can go back to breeding for the forever elusive (on both accounts) Ladypug. My newer account has produced 4 Storm Sphinx; my older account, zero.

Alohatami
07-08-18, 10:19 AM
...it gives a purpose to what would otherwise be pointless breeds. If it's something I already have, and it's already above level 4, I sell the one I have and put the baby in its place. I always need animals to evolve for points, so this works out well.
This is great advice! I started doing this a couple of leaderboards ago. I also don't feed anything until a leaderboard, unless it's absolutely required for the active event. That way I get the most value out of my food, too

Alohatami
07-08-18, 10:30 AM
So, I got lucky this time and have already hatched my penguin, but part 2 never showed up. I got my reward (love the 5 gems! :D ) but the goal has disappeared from my quest log. I even forced close and restarted, but still no part 2. Is it a timing thing? Or do I need to post in the bug reports?

AppieP
07-08-18, 12:59 PM
So, I got lucky this time and have already hatched my penguin, but part 2 never showed up. I got my reward (love the 5 gems! :D ) but the goal has disappeared from my quest log. I even forced close and restarted, but still no part 2. Is it a timing thing? Or do I need to post in the bug reports?

Just be patience. Part 2 will starts lather. It's one of a trio. It will come......;)

liesl23
07-08-18, 02:27 PM
That's what I was going to say, too, as it doesn't seem anyone else has mentioned that this will be a trio. If you can't get the first one, you can't get the final one. :/
I just got it on my older account with basic Frostfang and Pandaffodil. Now I can go back to breeding for the forever elusive (on both accounts) Ladypug. My newer account has produced 4 Storm Sphinx; my older account, zero.

do we need the Ladypug for a quest?

Phoenix406
07-08-18, 02:35 PM
In the trios, one animal is released per week. Even though you have the first one, you have to wait until next week for the second to be released, then until the following week for the 3rd animal.

Phoenix406
07-08-18, 02:35 PM
do we need the Ladypug for a quest?
No.

Alohatami
07-08-18, 05:19 PM
In the trios, one animal is released per week. Even though you have the first one, you have to wait until next week for the second to be released, then until the following week for the 3rd animal.
Thanks for the info. :) I guess in the past I've never gotten the first one so quickly (if at all, lol) so I didn't realize they were actually spaced out.

Phoenix406
07-08-18, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the info. :) I guess in the past I've never gotten the first one so quickly (if at all, lol) so I didn't realize they were actually spaced out.

Yes, it's nice on the one hand because you do have the full 3 weeks to keep tying for animal #1, but it's too bad that you can't start trying for the second one as soon as you have the first one and the third one as soon as you have the second one. Also, you probably know, but for anyone who doesn't, you get the third animal by breeding the first two together, so you have to level them up to at least level 4, and if you don't get one of the first two, it's impossible to get the last one. :/ The little penguin is so cute I hate to grow him/her up.

liesl23
07-08-18, 08:28 PM
No.

ok, thanks!

Alohatami
07-08-18, 09:50 PM
The little penguin is so cute I hate to grow him/her up.
Lol, I feel that way about a lot of the creatures. I think I'll wait to see if I'm successful breeding the second one before I bother raising the first to breeding status.

miadoubled
07-09-18, 08:02 AM
6aquatters....mixed with a million turtisles and 5hr-- come on !!!

ch1kanna
07-09-18, 12:54 PM
Obtuve el m?o con Pandaffodil level 10 y dientescarcha level 10 y me dio el huevo, 8 horas en espera y si resulto a la primera, lo intente otra veces con estos mismos pero en su nivel 4 ambos hasta que lo sub? de nivel y este fue el resultado suerte!!!

AppieP
07-09-18, 01:33 PM
I dont have it, but finally i got my long waited Ocean Owl after years of playing. Only 1 more available creature and i have all of them. Back to breeding for the Pastel Penguin. Hope i get lucky.

ch1kanna
07-09-18, 01:41 PM

Obtuve el mio con Pandaffodil level 10 y dientescarcha level 10 y me dio el huevo, 8 horas en espera y si resulto a la primera, lo intente otra veces con estos mismos pero en su nivel 4 ambos hasta que lo subi de nivel y este fue el resultado suerte!!!

deadpixel
07-09-18, 08:26 PM
I'm so surprised that I managed to get this :D it's my third try. I'd just popped a Frostfang and Pandafodil into the Breeding Garden before drifting off to sleep (didn?t even notice the timer) and got this as a surprise when I woke in the morning :D

ed_darko
07-09-18, 09:02 PM
I'm so surprised that I managed to get this :D it's my third try. I'd just popped a Frostfang and Pandafodil into the Breeding Garden before drifting off to sleep (didn?t even notice the timer) and got this as a surprise when I woke in the morning :D

Very nice!

cherrycastleorchard
07-10-18, 05:10 AM
Pastel Penguin - new creature
More information on Pastel Penguin (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1525585&viewfull=1#post1525585) in Creatures Guide.
Pastel Penguin

Element: Rainbow, Water
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

When does the second part start, please? I have hatched the penguin 2 days ago and there is no part 2.

MystiqueRealm
07-10-18, 05:26 AM
When does the second part start, please? I have hatched the penguin 2 days ago and there is no part 2.

There will be a side goal for part 2 when it's available, there's usually a week for each one

cherrycastleorchard
07-10-18, 03:32 PM
There will be a side goal for part 2 when it's available, there's usually a week for each one

Thankyou

MargaretCleveland50
07-10-18, 05:37 PM
I just got it,yay

miadoubled
07-10-18, 07:38 PM
I cant stand when there is other animals with the same timer. Such a bummer....all these wasted 8hr timers --too many hours spent getting my hopes up:( ...oh and the wasted gems from my no patience praying for success)

Penguin2016
07-12-18, 06:27 AM
I’m happy to say that I have a pastel penguin a half hour from hatching :) I’m super excited for this one!

Could someone post pictures of evolved versions so I can decide if I want to level it up or not if I’m unable to get the other limited animal?

miadoubled
07-12-18, 06:59 AM
Welp baby act got it... now for some gosh darn luck on the one I been breeding like crazy on!

AppieP
07-12-18, 07:42 AM
Still no luck, what ever i try. A few SR breed, but not this one. Really frustrating. Also spent more than 200 gems, also for completing milestone of LB, but still no succes. Not spending anymore. Tried over so many times now.......

Rynetory2
07-12-18, 09:07 AM
Sorry AppieP, I feel you. I'm not having any luck either. :(

DragonPhoenix6
07-12-18, 09:37 AM
Still no luck, what ever i try. A few SR breed, but not this one. Really frustrating. Also spent more than 200 gems, also for completing milestone of LB, but still no succes. Not spending anymore. Tried over so many times now.......

Me too AppieP, no luck here... done some speed breeding too, had lots of 8 hours but they were all aquatters... let’s hope our luck changes soon :)

oficeandfire
07-12-18, 09:43 AM

Me either :blue:

miadoubled
07-12-18, 12:31 PM
Me either :blue: ya I give up, it doesn't even joy me to get it on the account I barely ever go on ever, and never spend any gems on it's more frustrating when it happens than anything! I spend way too much on my other to never get any of the animals ..especially when I actually want them. Such a bummer...

Sakrysta
07-12-18, 02:00 PM
I don't think I've ever been so frustrated to see Aquatter eggs as I have been with this breed.

liesl23
07-12-18, 04:47 PM
I just got it,yay
what did you use to get it?

AppieP
07-12-18, 10:32 PM
YES!!!! finally.
Got it with Emerald Dragon and Pearl Peryton.

miadoubled
07-12-18, 11:28 PM
YES!!!! finally.
Got it with Emerald Dragon and Pearl Peryton.

Congrats!

miadoubled
07-13-18, 07:38 AM
All these 8hr timers.. it's just not coooool:(

Rynetory2
07-13-18, 09:42 AM
@AppieP - Wow that's awesome and congrats!! :D:D

Unfortunately no luck for me. I shall go and cry in a corner. Looks like penguins do not like me. I have no luck with the penguin in Farm Story 2 and also no luck with it in Fantasy. Sob sob.... :(

miadoubled
07-13-18, 10:10 AM
@AppieP - Wow that's awesome and congrats!! :D:D

Unfortunately no luck for me. I shall go and cry in a corner. Looks like penguins do not like me. I have no luck with the penguin in Farm Story 2 and also no luck with it in Fantasy. Sob sob.... :(
I will join you in the corner !!

Rynetory2
07-13-18, 10:53 AM
I will join you in the corner !!

Good luck to us! We sure need it! I've plenty of tissues for us both lol.

AppieP
07-13-18, 01:22 PM
Thanks to both of you, and good luck to you too. Hope you finally get it soon. Sending you both my luck...... and to anyone else.

Shewolf1953
07-13-18, 02:10 PM
Keep trying, but no luck so far...haven’t been able to get most of these!

miadoubled
07-13-18, 02:29 PM
Good luck to us! We sure need it! I've plenty of tissues for us both lol.

Great!!! We will be needing more soon !

Phoenix406
07-13-18, 03:26 PM
Ugh, now I have 3!!! animals to try for at once. Not fun. I need Pastel Penguin, CappyBirthday, and Racchrome.

Rynetory2
07-13-18, 10:51 PM
Ugh, now I have 3!!! animals to try for at once. Not fun. I need Pastel Penguin, CappyBirthday, and Racchrome.

Ditto whole heartedly. How many more fails can one get lol. :p

Lisa0107
07-14-18, 07:45 AM
Been trying non stop for the penguin but no luck. Got 3 aquaters, 2 chili goat's, a sapphire chilu (That was my 3rd one so I did not even need him) but no penguin. ��

Tiamat68
07-14-18, 09:03 AM
Don't give up, Lisa0107. I've been trying for the penguin since I first saw it. I love it's look. Finally, this morning I got it. It's on the nest now. I used Snowy Egret and Aquatter. Good luck!

Lisa0107
07-14-18, 07:52 PM
Make that 4 aquaters. Sigh. But I will not give up.

Tiamat68
07-14-18, 08:13 PM
Make that 4 aquaters. Sigh. But I will not give up.

Bummer! Nobody needs that many Aquatters - Seriously!!

PuNcKyDoLl01
07-15-18, 06:43 PM
Got it with Blossom buck and Grandmother

Lisa0107
07-17-18, 07:47 PM
Bummer! Nobody needs that many Aquatters - Seriously!!

Aquater count us now 6. But I will persevere!!!!! I want this penguin

Sugarcat5
07-18-18, 01:21 PM
My baby account finally got lucky today!!! Pastel penguin on the nest. I then figured I would put glacial griffin and rockodile together to try and get iciclaw to finish my water animal goal until the racchrome part comes up and I got a 16 hour timer. Didn't see any 16 hour timer for earth/water animals so looked at the market and I think I got a river runner which is supposed to be not breedable!?! I will find out for sure tonight when it is ready for the nest.

Update: it is river runner!

Sakrysta
07-19-18, 07:27 AM
My baby account finally got lucky today!!! Pastel penguin on the nest. I then figured I would put glacial griffin and rockodile together to try and get iciclaw to finish my water animal goal until the racchrome part comes up and I got a 16 hour timer. Didn't see any 16 hour timer for earth/water animals so looked at the market and I think I got a river runner which is supposed to be not breedable!?! I will find out for sure tonight when it is ready for the nest.

Update: it is river runner!Never believe the information about breeding in the animal description when they bring them out of retirement. They don't bother updating the animal descriptions.

I have had no luck for the Pastel Penguin on any of my 3 accounts, so I decided to bring fire into the mix and see if I can breed either it or the Racchrome. Trying REALLY hard not to let myself get frustrated over days and days of fruitless breeds.

I DID manage to breed a Sapphire Cthulhu several days ago, but it was on an account where I already had 2 of them and no immediate home for a 3rd, so I sold it. :( How I hated to do that!

Sugarcat5
07-19-18, 10:18 AM
Never believe the information about breeding in the animal description when they bring them out of retirement. They don't bother updating the animal descriptions.

I have had no luck for the Pastel Penguin on any of my 3 accounts, so I decided to bring fire into the mix and see if I can breed either it or the Racchrome. Trying REALLY hard not to let myself get frustrated over days and days of fruitless breeds.

I DID manage to breed a Sapphire Cthulhu several days ago, but it was on an account where I already had 2 of them and no immediate home for a 3rd, so I sold it. :( How I hated to do that!

I know how u feel...i would hate having to sell off a crystal hybrid. Luckily I haven't had to do that yet and have been able to hold on to my extras but I am quickly approaching the time where I will be forced to sell off any duplicates I have:(

Don't give up hope for the penguin. I was trying hybrid combos after several tries with the commons n then went back to the commons n that did the trick for the penguin. I will be rooting for u!!!!

Rynetory2
07-20-18, 07:05 AM
Still nothing after trying for weeks.... sigh.....................

Latoyab211
07-20-18, 10:12 AM
I did get Capybirthday fairly quick & I bred an Emerald Dragon, Yeaaaa! Still no penguin. GLA

miadoubled
07-20-18, 10:41 AM
Still nothing after trying for weeks.... sigh.....................

Dittttttto. *biggest sigh ever heard*

Part 3 makes me not feel so bad about not getting any of these! I'm not a fan...

Lisa0107
07-21-18, 03:39 AM
Dittttttto. *biggest sigh ever heard*

Part 3 makes me not feel so bad about not getting any of these! I'm not a fan...

I feel the same. Part 3 not so great but I really want the penguin. I won't give up!!!! I did get a 48 hour timer fail. Very excited about that

Lisa0107
07-21-18, 04:37 AM
It's funny, I've had no luck getting the penguin but I got a peridot Phoenix, a sapphire chillui, about 6 or 7 aquaters, 3 chili goat's, an endless parade of ocean apes and snowy egrets.....yet the penguin eludes me

liesl23
07-25-18, 09:37 PM
I finally got an 8 hr. timer breeding Snowy Egret with Farmer's Otter, I hope it is the Penguin

miadoubled
07-26-18, 05:34 AM
Well after trying all month. I have had 0 luck and now keep getting only 11 and 16hr fails...

liesl23
07-26-18, 08:58 AM
my breeding with the snowy egret and the farmer's otter turned out to be an Aquatter :(

miadoubled
07-27-18, 09:08 AM
I really cant believe I have non stop tried for this animal...and not one! Such a waste of gems and time.;(

Rynetory2
07-27-18, 09:20 AM
I tried this for about a month and didn't get any of the trio. In fact I didn't get any of the 6 special breeds this month except for alpine elephant. Maybe my breeding den is spoilt or my forest is unbreedable, as always. The only small consolation is that I could get alpine ele to complete the SB. Anyone failing as badly as I did, or is it just me? 1 out of 6 is miserable.

poofyena
07-27-18, 09:38 AM
Have spent a fortune on this trio as it?s the first I?ve tried for (Alpacas are my fave!) managed to get the Penguin and Racchrome but it took a week and an amount of fails I don?t wish to think about. Especially the ones that rolled back but still took gems :/
Alpaca has sadly decided not to come to my forest though.
These monthly animals are HARD to breed.

Sakrysta
07-27-18, 09:45 AM
I tried this for about a month and didn't get any of the trio. In fact I didn't get any of the 6 special breeds this month except for alpine elephant. Maybe my breeding den is spoilt or my forest is unbreedable, as always. The only small consolation is that I could get alpine ele to complete the SB. Anyone failing as badly as I did, or is it just me? 1 out of 6 is miserable.Yep, with 3 accounts, only two have so far bred the Alpine Elephant, and only one has bred a Pastel Penguin. Aside from Storybook required breeds and once or twice throwing Fire into the mix to try for the Racchrome, I've been breeding Water/Nature (with Crystal sometimes) non-stop. So many CHILLY GOATS! A few Seamurs, Aquatters, and Turtisles, and lots of Snowy Egrets & Ocean Apes. I even got a Sea Horse or two. And of course the Sapphire Cthulhu that I had to sell for lack of space to put another duplicate. :(

Lisa0107
07-27-18, 02:50 PM
I got zilch. no penguin, no nothing. I am officially done with trying for this. I ended up with several rainbow animals this month so I'm happy.