PDA

View Full Version : Penguins On Parade - 2018 Jul 5 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 12:44 AM
Penguins On Parade Android and iOS. Minimum level is 18. This is a Goal Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Greetings fellow Farmers,

It's time to prepare your farms for upcoming event. I can't wait to see what exciting prizes the Farm 2 team has for us! :D Let's start our preparations...

https://i.imgur.com/3165GlZ.jpg

Before we dive in when the event starts, I like to suggest that players read the Guidelines for Events to understand how event works, know what to do or not to do for the event. Read sections Tips and Notes.

Guidelines for Goal Event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

Always check Posts #1 and #2 for updates and event information. Thanks Judy for your effort in keeping Post #2 updated for us. :)

Please be mindful of forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) when posting.

Penguins On Parade
Complete Goals and win prizes until Jul 17.
Help Piper and win the Summer Penguin
Help Morgan and win the Proper Penguin
Look for Bernard the cool Penguin and tap him for Snowballs!
Meowmeowbeans brought us awesome news as always! We can get both penguins! :love_heart:

You can get both Penguins if you help both Morgan and Piper, but you can only have one of each. :)

Penguins live in icy igloo.

Summer Penguin Goal issue - fixed :)

Update:
The Summer Penguin Goal issue has been fixed. :) Please report in the bug thread if you are still having issues. Thanks.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105224-Welcome-Summer-Penguin-Goal-issue

We've fixed these issues. They were text problems, so the goals have been updated to be correct. Let me know if there are any questions!

New Upgrades
Barn (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247793&viewfull=1#post1247793) - new max capacity at 1,520
Silo (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247815&viewfull=1#post1247815) - new max capacity at 1,520

1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you complete this event?
3. How many penguins did you get?
4. Which goal were you at when the event ended?
5. Did you like the prizes?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Congrats to all winners!

Can someone help to post a screenshot of your Summer Penguin for me to add to the Pets Guide? I have the Proper Penguin from another member. Click on the habitat then the bag icon and capture a screenshot. Thanks for your help.

judyandthecat
07-05-18, 06:35 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45483

Where to find these drops?
Silly straws - Maple trees
Penguin Snacks - Plane deliveries
Penguin Punch - Pigs
Empty Glass - Fishing
Lime Slices - Mining

Event Crafts

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Penguin Summer Party
Goal 1 of 7:
Now that the dinosaurs are gone from my farm, I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet! That's right, I'm going to be calm and relax and do some self care without any uninvited or unusual visitors to the farm.
Get Snowballs from the strange Penguin x3
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Ice Fishing Hole, 3 xps

Goal 2 of 7:
There are penguins all over my farm! What is happening? Don't they like the cold? It's far too hot here for these little arctic creatures! Can you do some investigating and see what's up?
Send deliveries in the Order Warehouse x5
Procure Penguin Snacks x1 (from deliveries)
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Tanning Penguin, 3 xps

Goal 3 of 7:
Morgan needs to chillax! These penguins are way cool. They said they're sick of how cold it is where they live and they want somewhere warm to vacation! There's nothing wrong with that!
Leave 1 Penguin Snacks in the Igloo (fish from planes)
Get 1 Ice Chip from your igloo
Have 12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Hula Penguin Blue, 3 experience points

Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream
15 minutes in Deep Fryer
3 Snowballs (from Penguin)
1 Ice Chip (collect from igloo)

Totals needed for Goal 3
12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream
36 Snowballs
12 Ice Chips...so 12 Penguin Snacks from Planes

Goal 4 of 7:
Well, of corse Piper likes these little rascals! They do seem harmless...I wouldn't mind helping them have a good old summer blowout!
Collect 10 Bacon
Find 1 Penguin Punch from the Pigs
Prepare 3 Ice Pops in the Bakery
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Hula Penguin Green, 3 Experience Points

Recipe for Ice Pops
30 minutes in Bakery
6 Snowballs
2 Ice Chips
2 Penguin Punch
2 Apple Sugar

Totals needed for 3 Ice Pops
18 Snowballs
6 Ice Chips (6 igloos, 6 Penguin Snack)
6 Penguin Punch
6 Apple Sugar

Goal 5 of 7:
These Penguins don't know how to make a good Cone! I've got a good recipe in my book, let me show you how it's done.
Make 1 Cone in the Bakery
Make 4 Sorbetto Cones in the Kitchen
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Hula Dancer Orange, 3 experience points

Recipes
1 Cone
15 minutes in the Bakery
1 Flour

1 Sorbetto Cone
30 minutes in the Kitchen
8 Snowballs
3 Ice Chips (3 igloos, 3 Penguin Snacks)
3 Penguin Punch
1 Cone

Total Items needed for 4 Sorbetto Cones
4 Cones (4 flour)
32 Snowballs
12 Ice Chips (12 igloos, 12 Penguin Snacks)
12 Penguin Punch

Goal 6 of 7:
Morgan made her super special ones for the penguins! That's awesome! She only makes that recipe when she's in a good mood. I knew she would like them! They really know how to bring the fun.

Goal 6

Tend Maple Trees 5
Find Silly Straw 1
Make Frozen Penguin Punch 3

Rewards: 200 coins . Hula dancer pink(I'm guessing) . 3xp

Recipe for Frozen Penguin Punch (kitchen) 1 hr
12 Snowballs
6 Ice Chips
5 Penguin Punch
1 Silly Straw

Total
36 Snowballs
18 Ice Chips
15 Penguin Punch
3 Silly Straw

I'm thinking this event is nearly identical to the Gnome event ... so am expecting something big after goal 7 

Goal 7 of 7:
We are definitely putting on a proper Penguin party! One of the penguins just gave me a really great recipe and if we make it for him, he says he's got just the thing we need to perfect our penguin party! What do you think?
Find 1 Empty glass from fishing
Find 1 Lime slice in the mine
Make 1 frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch in the studio
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Penguin Slide, 3 experience points

Recipe Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch
1 hour 30 minutes in the studio
10 Empty Glasses
18 Penguin Punch
4 Silly Straws
6 Lime Slices

The Repetition Begins!

Welcome Penguin (this one looks like a gentleman attending black-n-white gala)

Visit Neighbors 20 (says neighbors but I visited 20 community members here n it checked off)
Give Morgan Penguin Party Packs 5
Give Morgan Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch 1

Welcome Summer Penguin (green Hawaiian shirt)

Visit Neighbor 1. ... (im having trouble checking this one off)
Give Piper Penguin Party Packs 5
Give Piper Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch 1

Recipe for 1 Penguin Party Pack -- studio 2hrs
12 Rainbow deep fried ice cream
5 Ice pops
2 sorbetto cone
1 Frozen Penguin Punch

Lastly, to skip the 5 Penguin Party Packs is 1730 diamonds which divided by 5 is 346 gem each, much more pricy than the Gnome coin. I'll be living on my farm for the next 11 days ...

Side Goal (optional)
Chillin' In The Ice Chest
Want even more Penguin items? Check out the Ice Chest in the Market and see if you can get a Penguin to help you out.
Get an Ice Chest x1
REWARDS: 35 gems, 3 xps

Watch Out for Penguins
Want to see more of that strange Penguin on your farm? Get a Penguin Crossing from the Market!
Get a Penguin Crossing x1
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 xps

Event Prizes
Summer Penguin
Proper Penguin
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Ice Chest (35 gems)
Igloo (500 coins)
Penguin Crossing (100 gems)

Paul__
07-05-18, 03:37 PM
Penguins!! 45482

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 03:58 PM
The Penguins are sooooo adorable! I can't decide which to go for. :love_heart:

suncatchers
07-05-18, 04:06 PM
I love penguins! SO excited for this event! I just told my husband that if he needs me, I’ll be on my farm for the next week or two ;) Good luck to everyone!!

Paul__
07-05-18, 04:25 PM
The Penguins are sooooo adorable! I can't decide which to go for. :love_heart:

Maybe we can get both! ;)

bj2500
The hula penguins are great and they do the hula dance. Bought the yellow one.

suncatchers
I just collected from my maple trees and received 2 silly straws (they do show up in my barn).

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 04:51 PM
I love penguins! SO excited for this event! I just told my husband that if he needs me, I’ll be on my farm for the next week or two ;) Good luck to everyone!!

lol you're hilarious. I'll be on my farm too. :p

I just collected from my maple trees and received 2 silly straws (they do show up in my barn).

Thanks for the heads up. Added to Post 2.

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 04:54 PM
Maybe we can get both! ;)

I doubt so but I'm checking on this. I'll be thrilled if we could! They are just so cute, I'm very happy we finally got penguins on farm after these years. Hmmm they may just inspire me for another story haha.

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 04:54 PM

I couldn't decide which so I bought both. They are dancing side by side. :)

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 05:01 PM
I doubt so but I'm checking on this. I'll be thrilled if we could! They are just so cute, I'm very happy we finally got penguins on farm after these years. Hmmm they may just inspire me for another story haha.

Update:

Meowmeowbeans brought us awesome news as always! We can get both penguins! :love_heart:

You can get both Penguins if you help both Morgan and Piper, but you can only have one of each. :)

Oh boy! I will be happily babysitting my farm for the next few weeks. :D

gc0912
07-05-18, 05:14 PM
I just got a silly straw from the penguin!

lennumber1
07-05-18, 05:19 PM
Any know if we can buy and sell event items?

Paul__
07-05-18, 05:25 PM

I think that we might actually. So far the quests (besides the prizes and item names) are almost identical to the gnome event. (I went back to check :P)

EDIT: Sorry, didnt see yoru post earlier.

Paul__
07-05-18, 05:36 PM
Goal 3 of 7:
Morgan needs to chillax! These penguins are way cool. They said they're sick of how cold it is where they live and they want somewhere warm to vacation! There's nothing wrong with that!
Leave Penguin Snacks in the Igloo x1
Find Ice Chips x1
Have Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream x12
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 ?, 3 xps

Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream (15m in deep fryer)
3 Penguin Snacks
1 Ice Chip

suncatchers
07-05-18, 06:00 PM

Mine are dancing side by side too...too hard to just pick one! :)

Paul__
07-05-18, 06:10 PM

We also get a 3rd blue one from the goals!

tya_bakery
07-05-18, 06:22 PM

Yes, i also bought the yellow one. So adorable & cute!
Put it next to dancing chicken in my farm :) :)

tya_bakery
07-05-18, 06:25 PM
Update:

Oh boy! I will be happily babysitting my farm for the next few weeks. :D

Really? What a great news! Love to have both of them :) :)

judyandthecat
07-05-18, 06:30 PM
Mine are dancing side by side too...too hard to just pick one! :)

All I can say is WOW THE STORM TEAM just made the most fantastic dancers ever!
I too have them both and my show ponies give 30 gems in the morning I might just need a dance team!
Love them!:D

judyandthecat
07-05-18, 06:47 PM
1 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream
15 minutes in Deep Fryer
3 Snowballs (from Penguin)
1 Ice Chip (collect from igloo)

Totals needed for Goal 3
To Make:
12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream
Items Needed:
36 Snowballs
12 igloos from the market to get
12 Ice Chips...so 12 Penguin Snacks from Planes

Paul__
07-05-18, 07:12 PM
Wow! The penguin animation on the igloo is amazing. Hopefully it stays after the event.

Paul__
07-05-18, 07:13 PM
The prize name for step 2 is Tanning Penguin

judyandthecat
07-05-18, 07:16 PM
The prize name for step 2 is Tanning Penguin

You know what I took him out of cellar and didn't check his name!
Thanks!

judyandthecat
07-05-18, 07:17 PM
Wow! The penguin animation on the igloo is amazing. Hopefully it stays after the event.

I would love these as decorations too!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STORM8

Paul__
07-05-18, 07:41 PM
I really love the penguins. Please do more of these different kind of pets besides the usual dog, cat, pony, etc! I also like the special habitats.

Kudos to the team for all the great pets recently. From the Elephants, to the gnomes and now penguins, the animation crew is really talented!

Fairyreserve
07-05-18, 09:40 PM
I also love the non traditional pets! I'd love to see more pachyderms for the hefalump to hang with. Rhino? Hippo?

OK one voice of dissent. The tanning penguin looks... Kind of dead. Poor dude! Hope he's at least using sunblock! So not bringing him out right now. But I can't wait for these guys to walk around, though my guess is they'll waddle like the gnomes.

goodies70
07-05-18, 10:02 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Penguin snacks from the deliveries? I’ve been sending deliveries for 4 hrs & not one! This isn’t looking like it’s going to be a fun event which is so sad because I really want the Penguins!

judyandthecat
07-05-18, 11:22 PM
Goal 4 of 7
Collect 10 Bacon
Find 1 Penguin Punch from the Pigs
Prepare 3 Ice Pops in the Bakery
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Hula Penguin Green, 3 Experience Points

Recipe for Ice Pops
30 minutes in Bakery
6 Snowballs
2 Ice Chips
2 Penguin Punch
2 Apple Sugar

Totals needed for 3 Ice Pops
18 Snowballs
6 Ice Chips (6 igloos, 6 Penguin Snack)
6 Penguin Punch
6 Apple Sugar

So start making your Apple Sugar in the windmill.
Keep sending Planes.
Have Pigs ready to go with pig food.
Buy 6 more igloos.
And tap tap tap that Penguin that appears.

gdr4gon
07-05-18, 11:34 PM
I don't understand how to finish task 1... Is it only with 12 diamonds? How do I get the snowballs?

SORRY, I see we have a visitor again :)

griffithpack
07-06-18, 03:02 AM
lucky me ☺️ the penguin showed up 2 times today - so I?m on step one still - I feel like I?m being punished for being at level 100 - all these hours, years spent- and this is my loyalty reward? Guess I?ll not be stressing over this one, because based on the next goals I can see, there won?t be any way to even get past step 2 at this rate.

judyandthecat
07-06-18, 04:21 AM
Goal 5 of 7
Make 1 Cone in the Bakery
Make 4 Sorbetto Cones
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Hula Dancer Color, 3 experience points

Recipes
1 Cone
15 minutes in the Bakery
1 Flour

1 Sorbetto Cone
30 minutes in the Kitchen
8 Snowballs
3 Ice Chips (3 igloos, 3 Penguin Snacks)
3 Penguin Punch
1 Cone

Total Items needed for 4 Sorbetto Cones
4 Cones (4 flour)
32 Snowballs
12 Ice Chips (12 igloos, 12 Penguin Snacks)
12 Penguin Punch

orca1006
07-06-18, 05:02 AM
Goal 5 of 7

omg ms judy XD we should call you speedy judy! XD did you even get any sleep tonight lol :love_heart:

judyandthecat
07-06-18, 05:14 AM
omg ms judy XD we should call you speedy judy! XD did you even get any sleep tonight lol :love_heart:

Haven't slept yet
Judy smiles
I don't sleep much so just doing 30 minute naps because I want to see if this event is like the Smurf Event.
Gathering Snowballs and sending planes.
Pigs going to be slowdown...3 hours between collections so using alarm for them.

draughnc
07-06-18, 05:49 AM
I wonder if all the items we are making are going to be used at the end because they are in the barn after completing the goal.

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 06:09 AM

I would love these as decorations too!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STORM8

They are really superbly cute, aren't they? I'm once again extremely impressed by the designers and the team.

I've passed in this request for us all. I'm sure we all love to keep the animations.

orca1006
07-06-18, 06:25 AM
I don't sleep much so just doing 30 minute naps because I want to see if this event is like the Smurf Event.

oh yes....i'm quite worried atm too cuz i just have this gnawing feeling that it'll be exactly like that...having to make some sort of penguin coin 5 times over....T-T

waywardwood
07-06-18, 06:32 AM
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Penguin snacks from the deliveries? I?ve been sending deliveries for 4 hrs & not one! This isn?t looking like it?s going to be a fun event which is so sad because I really want the Penguins!

Same here! I just made 14 deliveries in a row when woke up this AM and no Penguin Snacks. Had dropped way off last night too...only 2 total for me so far despite making a lot of deliveries.

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 06:42 AM

oh yes....i'm quite worried atm too cuz i just have this gnawing feeling that it'll be exactly like that...having to make some sort of penguin coin 5 times over....T-T

I was secretly thinking the same to myself when it was confirmed that we could do both goals. Let's hope it's not a deja vu of gnomes saga.

Players who are ahead, please help to post asap so we know what are our odds.

suncatchers
07-06-18, 06:45 AM
OK one voice of dissent. The tanning penguin looks... Kind of dead. Poor dude! Hope he's at least using sunblock! So not bringing him out right now. But I can't wait for these guys to walk around, though my guess is they'll waddle like the gnomes.

I thought the exact same thing about the tanning penguin...he kind of looks like he?s dead. Maybe he?s just taking a nap while he tans. I have him laying out by some water, but I agree - hope he has some sunblock on! He is cute though.

Fairyreserve
07-06-18, 07:56 AM
Ooooh dear. I have a sinking feeling I won't be able to finish this event. I have the gems to get a bunch of this stuff skipped thru, but I'm just not sure I wanna spend them on this. This is gonna be like the gnomes, really hard! OK, I'm gonna plow on and see where I can get. In the meantime, I am looking forward to seeing the pet on someone's farm so I can decide if I wanna spend the gems. Good luck everyone! And all hail Judy for all of her posts and recommendations, cuz without her I think half of us wouldn't have our pets, oy!

FarmerIreneOK
07-06-18, 08:57 AM
Same here! I just made 14 deliveries in a row when woke up this AM and no Penguin Snacks. Had dropped way off last night too...only 2 total for me so far despite making a lot of deliveries.

Agreed. Penguin snacks are low drop rate. 😕

ankavale1000
07-06-18, 10:41 AM
Goal 6

Tend Maple Trees 5
Find Silly Straw 1

Rewards: 200 coins . Hula dancer pink(I'm guessing) . 3xp

12 Snowballs
6 Ice Chips
5 Penguin Punch
1 Silly Straw

Total
36 Snowballs
18 Ice Chips
15 Penguin Punch
3 Silly Straw

I'm thinking this event is nearly identical to the Gnome event ... so am expecting something big after goal 7 

Paul__
07-06-18, 10:48 AM
Goal 6

Tend Maple Trees 5
Find Silly Straw 1

12 Snowballs
6 Ice Chips
5 Penguin Punch
1 Silly Straw

Total
36 Snowballs
18 Ice Chips
15 Penguin Punch
3 Silly Straw

It looks that way so far... Hopefully we don't have to do the steps 5 times over again. I had to spend almost 500 gems because I wanted both gnomes.

RainbowGattone
07-06-18, 11:34 AM
I'm just wondering if somebody saw some event related items in the store. It seams that we can sell it since it shows up in the barn and you can price it. I made an experiment on my mini farm putting 2 items for sale but they are invisible to others including my main farm. So my conspiracy theory is that we can't sell and later on it is going to be bought by computer system.

orca1006
07-06-18, 11:47 AM
I'm just wondering if somebody saw some event related items in the store. It seams that we can sell it since it shows up in the barn and you can price it. I made an experiment on my mini farm putting 2 items for sale but they are invisible to others including my main farm.

OH MY! U R RIGHT! i haven't seen ANY event items in the newspaper/neighbor shops yet...i just thought it was still early, but now that you mention it...

i hope this was actually unintentional and gets fixed by the team soon... fingers crossed a team member sees these posts before the end of day/start of wknd....:/

draughnc
07-06-18, 01:28 PM
The pigs aren’t giving up any fruit punch! Come on S8.

Fox24282
07-06-18, 03:04 PM
I've sent over 50 deliveries and only got 1 fish can someone please help with this situation

Fairyreserve
07-06-18, 04:05 PM
Most of the time we cannot sell to each other. We can put them up for sale in our barn, which really helps us with the barn space, where the Bots will then buy them.

I think you all are right, this is just like the gnome event, and really the animation is even exactly like the Gnomes. It's really perfect if you think about it, the Gnomes waddle, penguins waddle, I like the logical reuse of this code! I don't think I'll be able to finish this one, though I'm going to try, but given that I was able to get a pet in the last event with only 4 days to do it, it's hard for me to complain!

Lozziemj
07-06-18, 04:24 PM
This is probably a stupid question but how do we go for BOTH penguins? Is there something else I should be doing besides trying to get through goals 1 through 7? There aren?t any collections to be turned in that I?m aware of...

Kinky_Candy
07-06-18, 04:39 PM
They are really superbly cute, aren't they? I'm once again extremely impressed by the designers and the team.

I've passed in this request for us all. I'm sure we all love to keep the animations.

Yes yes that will be great!!!

orca1006
07-06-18, 04:50 PM
This is probably a stupid question but how do we go for BOTH penguins? Is there something else I should be doing besides trying to get through goals 1 through 7? There aren?t any collections to be turned in that I?m aware of...

take a look at the goals for the gnome event: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103675-Gnome-Sweet-Gnome!-2018-Mar-21-(POLL-ADDED)

see how similarly parallel the gnome goals are vs the current penguin goals...that's what we're all referring to. there's one final step after steps 1-7 where it'll ask you to take all the items you've made so far to make one ultimate item ("coin"). and to earn both prizes, you'll need to turn in "x" ultimate items to both morgan and piper. :)

judyandthecat
07-06-18, 05:37 PM
Goal 7 of 7
Find 1 empty glass from fishing
Find 1 Lime slice in the mine
Make 1 frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch in the studio
REWARDS: 200 coins, question, 3 experience points

Recipe Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch
1 hour 30 minutes in the studio
10 Empty Glasses
18 Penguin Punch
4 Silly Straws
6 Lime Slices

Picture of prize so going to be another step like the Gnome event

orca1006
07-06-18, 07:36 PM
Goal 7 of 7

wow!!!! *fireworks* at this rate, you're so definitely gonna be able to get both penguins!!! XD

congrats, seriously! :DD i'm so happy someone is gonna be able to get both without spending gems...too bad i've fallen behind now given my uncooperative pigs who have refused to give up any "punches" (pun intended)...:cool:

btw, i really wonder if the team is aware that, even though we have the option to put events items up for sale in the market, they are actually invisible to other players, kinda like those expired items from past events. Curious if this is intentional vs UNintentional coding oversight left over from the gnome event that they just weren't aware of....hmmmmmm......

judyandthecat
07-06-18, 07:48 PM
wow!!!! *fireworks* at this rate, you're so definitely gonna be able to get both penguins!!! XD

congrats, seriously! :DD i'm so happy someone is gonna be able to get both without spending gems...too bad i've fallen behind now given my uncooperative pigs who have refused to give up any "punches" (pun intended)...:cool:

btw, i really wonder if the team is aware that, even though we have the option to put events items up for sale in the market, they are actually invisible to other players, kinda like those expired items from past events. Curious if this is intentional vs UNintentional coding oversight left over from the gnome event that they just weren't aware of....hmmmmmm......

We have played other events that the items are invisible.
This way players not participating can sell the items for barn space.
As for getting two I will be happy with one.
If like the GNOME event we have to repeat everything....that is a lot of planes and my product is now low.
Machines are all churning out items but some items take a long time to make.

My advice to everyone is send Planes, collect from pigs by setting an alarm if you can, make a penguin jail area so he can only appear in a small area making it easier to spot him to get Snowballs.
If you don't have the item for a plane and takes too long to make then refresh that order.
Make dough balls for fishing.
Buy all shovels and pickaxes you see.
Don't forget the two hour maple trees.

DO NOT SELL any of the event items you have made because if this is like the GNOME event they will be needed for the last step.

Fairyreserve
07-06-18, 07:50 PM
They totally know, Orca. I mean, I'm not speaking g for them, I'm just guessing this is the planned strategy that for this one there's no selling to each other and that the ability to put into our stores is solely about barn management.

judyandthecat
07-06-18, 08:19 PM
Judy drinks espresso and goes and sits on the cold ceramic floor and continues sending planes and throws Snowballs at the Penguin....ooops I must need sleep soon ...you are suppose to be throwing snowballs to me.

orca1006
07-06-18, 08:21 PM
We have played other events that the items are invisible.
This way players not participating can sell the items for barn space.

I'm just guessing this is the planned strategy that for this one there's no selling to each other and that the ability to put into our stores is solely about barn management.

true. but they've also done items invisible from barn but stored kinda in the cloud for space management, achieving the same goal. i guess it just didn't make total sense to my tiny brain why they'd "tease us" like that when they could use the "cloud" alternative if the true intention is barn space. anyhoo...time to stop torturing my brain with all these guessing :cool:

in any case, yes! i'd be so content with just 1 penguin achieved :) this constant plane sending is making me buy-buy-buy from markets too, which then puts even more strain on barn space...lol what a contradiction :p

orca1006
07-06-18, 08:23 PM
Judy drinks espresso and goes and sits on the cold ceramic floor and continues sending planes and throws Snowballs at the Penguin....ooops I must need sleep soon ...you are suppose to be throwing snowballs to me.

LOL take a break and get some sleep ms judy! XD we are only 1 day in, and you've made so much progress already!

vickielea
07-06-18, 08:40 PM
My tanning penguin is just laying there. How do I get him moving?

ankavale1000
07-06-18, 09:52 PM
The Repetition Begins!

Welcome Penguin (this one looks like a gentleman attending black-n-white gala)

Visit Neighbors 20 (says neighbors but I visited 20 community members here n it checked off)
Give Morgan Penguin Party Packs 5
Give Morgan Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch 1

Welcome Summer Penguin (green Hawaiian shirt)

Visit Neighbor 1. ... (I checked this off by Collecting a Party pack in studio ... not visiting neighbors)
Give Piper Penguin Party Packs 5
Give Piper Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch 1

Recipe for 1 Penguin Party Pack -- studio 2hrs
12 Rainbow deep fried ice cream
5 Ice pops
2 sorbetto cone
1 Frozen Penguin Punch

Lastly, to skip the 5 Penguin Party Packs is 1730 diamonds which divided by 5 is 346 gem each, much more pricy than the Gnome coin. I'll be living on my farm for the next 11 days ...

Please Note: for those of u that want the Summer Penguin, the first Visiting Neighbor part can be checked off by collecting ur first party pack from studio. Visiting a neighbor is a no go for me.

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 11:37 PM

See ankavale1000's post #62. Complete all goals to get both penguins or do the respective goal to get 1 of them.

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 11:38 PM
My tanning penguin is just laying there. How do I get him moving?

He does not move. No animation for this decoration. He's asleep while tanning. :)

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 11:43 PM
The Repetition Begins!

Congrats on getting so close to finishing! Thanks for posting the last goals. I've moved and replied to your bug post in the Bugs forum.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105224-Welcome-Summer-Penguin-Goal-issue

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 11:48 PM
Looks like my nightmares came true... :(

1. My pigs are refusing to cooperate just like they weren't in the Beaver Dam event.
2. This is the same as the Gnomes Event which means I am very certain I wont be able to finish, also based on my current drop rates.
Bye Bye Penguins. I love you and I miss you... :(

For members who are trying, remember you need to make 5 Party Packs for 1 penguin. So that means you need to have the ingredients to make 1 party pack every 2 days, in order to craft them before the event ends.

1 penguin = 1 party pack / 2 days
2 penguins = 2 party packs / 2 days

Penguins go to Icy Igloo.

Can members help to post screenshot of your Penguins when you have completed, for me to add to Pets Guide? Many thanks in advance.

Good luck everyone! We need lots of it! :D

judyandthecat
07-07-18, 12:38 AM
Heads Up
Make two extra Ice Pops in the bakery because you won't have enough for your first party pack.
You have all the other event items you made in your barn and a couple of extras.
Here is a picture of the party pack when I reached the end.
As you can see I needed two more to make the first party pack.

Lozziemj
07-07-18, 02:26 AM
take a look at the goals for the gnome event: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103675-Gnome-Sweet-Gnome!-2018-Mar-21-(POLL-ADDED)

see how similarly parallel the gnome goals are vs the current penguin goals...that's what we're all referring to. there's one final step after steps 1-7 where it'll ask you to take all the items you've made so far to make one ultimate item ("coin"). and to earn both prizes, you'll need to turn in "x" ultimate items to both morgan and piper. :)

I see now. Thanks!! ;)

dugambon
07-07-18, 03:41 AM
A level 7+? Repeating several times what we have done till now? Storm8 does NOT listen to its players. Did they not feel the outrage and anger at the gnome event where this happened too? I was making good progress, halfway level 6, but stopped playing immediately when I saw the repeat message on the forum. The penguins are cute, but not that cute.
Good luck to all continuing the event, I will come and see your penguins but my farm will not have one ��

RainbowGattone
07-07-18, 05:53 AM
A level 7+? Repeating several times what we have done till now? Storm8 does NOT listen to its players. Did they not feel the outrage and anger at the gnome event where this happened too? I was making good progress, halfway level 6, but stopped playing immediately when I saw the repeat message on the forum. The penguins are cute, but not that cute.
Good luck to all continuing the event, I will come and see your penguins but my farm will not have one ��

I couldn't agree more with you. Storm8 doesn't listen to hard core players, loyal ones, players who are nice, ones who spend money. They don't listen to anybody and ignore all issues that we have. Storm8 please get the message through, if we are here it means that we care.

MartianDeeb
07-07-18, 06:28 AM
I can't complete goal 2. I have had zero penguin snacks. Ugh.

justmine2
07-07-18, 08:19 AM
Omg. You have to make all this stuff 4 more times?? There is no way my granddaughters are going to be able to finish this ��

Paul__
07-07-18, 08:30 AM
Judy can you please update Event Crafts in post 1? It would be helpful since I?m trying to prepare for future quests .

judyandthecat
07-07-18, 08:45 AM
Judy can you please update Event Crafts in post 1? It would be helpful since I?m trying to prepare for future quests .

Not sure what you mean one to seven is done along with the information for the repetition.

Do you mean the recipes? I added them or do you mean something else?

omega_trojan
07-07-18, 08:54 AM
OH MY! U R RIGHT! i haven't seen ANY event items in the newspaper/neighbor shops yet...i just thought it was still early, but now that you mention it...

i hope this was actually unintentional and gets fixed by the team soon... fingers crossed a team member sees these posts before the end of day/start of wknd....:/

I just don't get it. What the point of letting you put the event items in the shop but no other players can actually buy any from you? If it is for the purpose of space in the barn, then I would prefer the invisible storing system. It would reduce a lot of hassle. Otherwise if Storm8 has to make the items to be stored in the barn and players have to put them in the shops to release some space, then at least let them be buyable to other players. That way would allow non-participating players help others to finish their goals. It would be a win-win situation. This is a stupid feature and I hope it is just a bug and S8 will try to fix soon. :mad:

Paul__
07-07-18, 08:58 AM
Not sure what you mean one to seven is done along with the information for the repetition.

Do you mean the recipes? I added them or do you mean something else?

Oh, sorry I didn’t see them earlier, I was looking under the ”Event Crafts” Thanks! I’m still stuck on the pigs... :(

gdr4gon
07-07-18, 09:09 AM
Yeah I don't think I'll finish. I won't stress, I don't like pinguins that much anyway lol. :) And it's the weekend!

judyandthecat
07-07-18, 09:30 AM
Oh, sorry I didn’t see them earlier, I was looking under the ”Event Crafts” Thanks! I’m still stuck on the pigs... :(

That's ok I just wasn't sure if you thought something else would be helpful.

Kinky_Candy
07-07-18, 12:22 PM
Hello All:) im trying almost all day today to get fishes from plane s deliveries and i havent catch none until now :(:(:mad: what is going on? What am doing wrong?! PLEASE HELP if u can, thank u in advance

pspoiled65
07-07-18, 04:05 PM
The pigs aren?t giving up any fruit punch! Come on S8.
I haven't gotten any either. When I click the penguin punch it takes where you buy pigs. I already have 12?

otgland
07-07-18, 05:21 PM
I haven't gotten any either. When I click the penguin punch it takes where you buy pigs. I already have 12?
Drop rate stinks.... why can?t players choosing not to do event sell their items?

otgland
07-07-18, 05:24 PM
My plane is in for engine work... the pigs are on strike.. gotta love the challenge or ignore farm for a few days😂

KewlMusic
07-07-18, 05:31 PM
I'm also getting very few drops from the pigs. In the last two collections I received 1 punch....that's right...just one.

Why is this an ongoing issue for each event? I wish at least two to three drops could be guaranteed each time we collect; if that were to happen, we could then be sure to finish the event. But that's not going to happen at this rate.��

krissyone2
07-07-18, 06:04 PM
Not one single drop from pigs in over 12 hours! So glad the dancing penguins are so cute! They are probably the only penguins I will see! :(

griffithpack
07-08-18, 02:17 AM
So glad the dancing penguins are so cute! They are probably the only penguins I will see! :(

Well, you won’t be alone! Just hope they keep them as animated decorations after the event finishes!

Fairyreserve
07-08-18, 07:57 AM
My plane is in for engine work... the pigs are on strike.. gotta love the challenge or ignore farm for a few days��

This about sums it up for me, too. And most of us, it seems! I do, however, have about a million silly straws.

draughnc
07-08-18, 08:02 AM
I finally finished goal 7 and now on to making everything 5 times. Geez, I used to enjoy this game. At least on the gnome event we could sell extra items but not this time. Making it harder on everyone. Plus I am going for the summer pigeon but the neighbor visit is not checking off but the proper pigeon one is. What?s up with that.

I checked off visiting on proper penguin but no matter how many neighbors you visit the summer penguin will not check off. Can we not get the summer one without completing the proper one?

Fairyreserve
07-08-18, 08:12 AM
I finally finished goal 7 and now on to making everything 5 times. Geez, I used to enjoy this game. At least on the gnome event we could sell extra items but not this time. Making it harder on everyone. Plus I am going for the summer pigeon but the neighbor visit is not checking off but the proper pigeon one is. What’s up with that.

I read somewhere in this thread that the neighbor requirement was checking off with possibly Community instead. Or something like that. Read back through this thread and you'll find reference to this, I believe.

draughnc
07-08-18, 08:16 AM
I read somewhere in this thread that the neighbor requirement was checking off with possibly Community instead. Or something like that. Read back through this thread and you'll find reference to this, I believe.

Thanks. I found it in post 62. You have to complete a party pack.

Paul__
07-08-18, 08:42 AM
I finally finished goal 7 and now on to making everything 5 times. Geez, I used to enjoy this game. At least on the gnome event we could sell extra items but not this time. Making it harder on everyone. Plus I am going for the summer pigeon but the neighbor visit is not checking off but the proper pigeon one is. What?s up with that.

I checked off visiting on proper penguin but no matter how many neighbors you visit the summer penguin will not check off. Can we not get the summer one without completing the proper one?

O think it’s visiting community members (not neighbors)

judyandthecat
07-08-18, 09:34 AM

I got the proper penguin to check off by visiting community farmers.

orca1006
07-08-18, 09:44 AM

I got the proper penguin to check off by visiting community farmers.

it's a bug as other people have said with the summer penguin. there's a bug thread, and it's already been reported over. :)

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105224-Welcome-Summer-Penguin-Goal-issue&p=1525646#post1525646

Paul__
07-08-18, 10:59 AM
Does anyone have the penguins on their farms yet? I want to see how the look when the walk around and stuff before i decided if i want to continue the event and have to spend gems.

dugambon
07-08-18, 11:50 AM
Does anyone have the penguins on their farms yet? I want to see how the look when the walk around and stuff before i decided if i want to continue the event and have to spend gems.

Would like to see the penguins too. Debating with myself whether I want to spend my gems on getting one.

jed1066
07-08-18, 01:33 PM
I have collected from the pigs on two occasions saw the penguin punch go up as collected with bacon but doesn?t show in the barn anybody else?s done that .
TIA

draughnc
07-08-18, 03:20 PM
Storm8 needs to think about making these events more doable or the people who play this game will leave out of frustration. In order to complete any of these events you have to buy the value packs and/or use/buy gems to complete. Most of us don’t mind spending some money but lately it has been a lot of money to complete. It doesn’t have to be easy but it does need to be doable. Sorry in advance for this rant. This one has been frustrating.

cella1991
07-08-18, 05:32 PM
So Many Snowballs

ronsfarm00
07-08-18, 05:59 PM
I have been on level 5 for 2 days, can u please fix my pig drops cause it's not giving me anything. Thank you

tintin1964
07-08-18, 07:18 PM
I'm only seeing 1challenge...i thought there was2? One Morgan one piper? I'm playing on android. ...ahhh showed up now.

judyandthecat
07-08-18, 08:20 PM
I'm only seeing 1challenge...i thought there was2? One Morgan one piper? I'm playing on android.
Have you finished goal 7?

The Morgan and Piper choice doesn't appear until after number 7 is completed.

tintin1964
07-08-18, 08:56 PM
the pig drop rate is bad....i get more than enough of everything else...but only 2 drops from the pigs in 3 days...my pigs are well and truly stuffed now lol

tintin1964
07-08-18, 08:59 PM
Lol yes just got them...but had to use gems to finish it. Pig drop rate very bad

goodies70
07-08-18, 09:15 PM
I’ve got the stingiest pigs!! Every time we get a goal that involves the pigs I know I’m probably not going to finish. At least I’ve been able to get a couple of Hula Penguins!

loulou1290
07-08-18, 09:46 PM
Okay, I’m still on level 3! The drop rate from my deliveries is horrendous! I cannot get penguin snacks!
Seriously, is this doable? Has anyone reached the end, and if you have, were you able to do it without spending a heap of real money and giving up any semblance of real life?

goodies70
07-08-18, 10:19 PM
I just collected from my 12 pigs for the 3rd time & still no Penguin Punch! I’m ready to send these pigs to slaughter & get new ones! (I hope that doesn’t affend anyone.)

Lilliepaddd
07-08-18, 11:56 PM
Honestly after the last event I?m tired out...who has the time to play all day in the summer and weekends. Not me...I can?t be looking for those creatures to pop all day...too bad but not worth it anymore. Just my opinion.

Rynetory2
07-09-18, 02:14 AM
Hello All:) im trying almost all day today to get fishes from plane s deliveries and i havent catch none until now :(:(:mad: what is going on? What am doing wrong?! PLEASE HELP if u can, thank u in advance

You aren't doing anything wrong. It's the drop rates. Keep trying and I hope you get some soon. Good luck!

Rynetory2
07-09-18, 02:16 AM

There's an issue with the Summer Penguin goal and I've reported this over. Let's wait for the team to fix this for us before we can proceed. I'll post in Bug thread as soon as I have more news. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105224-Welcome-Summer-Penguin-Goal-issue

Rynetory2
07-09-18, 02:17 AM
I have collected from the pigs on two occasions saw the penguin punch go up as collected with bacon but doesn?t show in the barn anybody else?s done that .
TIA

Make sure you have stable connection and your barn has sufficient space.

Mitzi111
07-09-18, 03:58 AM
I am on my last rainbow ice cream... what do we do with all 12 of them? Will I need them for another goal, or do I just sell them?

griffithpack
07-09-18, 04:08 AM
I am on my last rainbow ice cream... what do we do with all 12 of them? Will I need them for another goal, or do I just sell them?

DON’T sell them if you want to complete the event! If you look at the first page of this thread, it will tell you that you’ll use them later!

dugambon
07-09-18, 08:59 AM

On my farm you can find a penguin. They are super cute and totally adorable.

Kinky_Candy
07-09-18, 11:21 AM
Thank u for yr answer Rynetory2. Its soooo difficult :( and now I must try for the pigs too:( OMG

RoyalBlue305
07-09-18, 12:29 PM
Honestly after the last event I?m tired out...who has the time to play all day in the summer and weekends. Not me...I can?t be looking for those creatures to pop all day...too bad but not worth it anymore. Just my opinion.

I?ve rarely been able to finish an event lately. There?s usually one or two drops that are horrendous making it impossible to complete. I?ve been working from home this past week and this week so I?ve had more time to play but it?s still not enough. While I enjoy a challenge, rarely completing events isn?t fun.

goodies70
07-09-18, 12:30 PM

I totally agree! The events are getting so hard to finish & it?s not worth the frustration.

Paul__
07-09-18, 01:14 PM
Please let us trade the party packs!

eneke
07-09-18, 02:35 PM
I have only ever really wanted one pet on my farm and that would have been a penguin. Well a dolphin would be nice too. Now, that there is one for an event, I won't be able to get it due to the facts that my pigs are not giving me punch. I know it is random but I also know coding and you can set coding up to give more than I am receiving. One (1) punch out of 36 pigs collected is a joke and based on random odds, it is quite possible I may not receive anymore. I would have gladly given up all my other pets for this penguin that is how bad I wanted a penguin... well maybe I would keep a unicorn. I can keep trying but based on the drop rate, the time left of the event, the quantity needed and the fact that I am broke and cannot afford so spend real money, I guess I will have to just snuggle up to my stuffed penguin instead.

griffithpack
07-09-18, 03:10 PM
A penguin showed up today - after none yesterday - and it gave me straws - I have lots f straws already from my maple trees, all I wanted was snowballs - so frustrated. The game knows I have a maple grove and don’t need them, so it gives them to me - this is the second time! UGH - so frustrated now! I can’t finish level 3.....

beebeecsh
07-09-18, 05:50 PM
Pig drops -Me too! Since Sunday I got one then till now nothing comes :(

Rynetory2
07-09-18, 10:49 PM
There's an issue with the Summer Penguin goal and I've reported this over. Let's wait for the team to fix this for us before we can proceed. I'll post in Bug thread as soon as I have more news. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105224-Welcome-Summer-Penguin-Goal-issue

Update:

The Summer Penguin Goal issue has been fixed. :) Please report in the bug thread if you are still having issues. Thanks.

We've fixed these issues. They were text problems, so the goals have been updated to be correct. Let me know if there are any questions!

Mitzi111
07-09-18, 11:30 PM
DON’T sell them if you want to complete the event! If you look at the first page of this thread, it will tell you that you’ll use them later!

Thanks griffithpack! I must have missed seeing that.

jackieis
07-09-18, 11:49 PM
Does anyone know how many snowballs we will still need after step 7 is completed? I am getting way more snowballs than anything else. I would just like to free up some room in my barn. Thank you in advance

orca1006
07-10-18, 12:30 AM
Does anyone know how many snowballs we will still need after step 7 is completed?

A TON. :p

the most amazing ms judy has really helped us all by listing all the recipes (under each goal) in her post #2. so to make 4 more part packs (plus the 2 ice pops for the 1st pack), you are looking at (3x48)+(6x22)+(8x6)+(12x2)=way too many to count XD (jk, i think it's 348 if my math is right).

so what i have been doing to free up barn space is to keep making the 48 additional rainbow ice creams in the deep fryer since it's the only item NOT requiring the pig punches (they're just not cooperating :(), while i continue working on other goals. maybe you can give that a try. :)

KewlMusic
07-10-18, 01:17 AM
Drops from the pigs are non-existent! Last time I received any punch when collecting from my 12 pigs was Sunday...it's now Tuesday and so far zippo. And the penguin snacks are pretty rare despite numerous deliveries.

Yet again, I'll not be able to finish this event, which also happened with the gnome event, simply because of poor drop rates. Why do I even bother? Well, at least the hula penguins are cute decor...but if only I could earn a penguin. If only.🐧🐧

krissyone2
07-10-18, 01:53 AM
Yes I feel everyone’s pain! It’s really impossible! Not giving up yet but my hopes are fading to get even one penguin! The decorations have been super cute. Especially the little penguin slide! Will enjoy the decorations if all else fails!

orca1006
07-10-18, 02:33 AM
����

ooooooooh how cute~ how did you do that?! XD (i quoted your penguin icons, but they're not showing up when i post :()

and yeah, normally i'm pretty optimistic despite the low drop rates...and just keep plowing thru till the end. but this time, i finally have this doomy feeling i actually might not be able to finish a goal event...:(:( day 5 and i still don't have enough punches to get thru goal 7 despite collecting every 3hr on an alarm. sigh....guess i just might have to enjoy the penguin by looking at them on other people's farms....sighhhh...

claeystrails
07-10-18, 05:16 AM
My little piggies are forgetting to go to the market to pick up punch. Do they not know we have a deadline?

jackieis
07-10-18, 08:54 AM
Thank you so much! That’s a great idea. I’m going to do that as well.

jackieis
07-10-18, 09:47 AM
Correct me if I’m wrong, but we will need 331 igloos to complete this event.my math could be wrong but either way it’s still a lot of igloos. I’m sending orders constantly and maybe getting 5 penguin snacks a day. That alone seems completely insurmountable without spending an outrageous amount of gems. Not to mention, 331x500=165,500 coins. I have the coins but how are the lower levels supposed to even compete without going bankrupt? I know if I had just been starting out in the game and there were events constantly going on that I couldn’t even try to compete in I would lose interest pretty quickly. Luckily the events were easier when I was just starting out. Some of us haven’t given up on our farms yet because of the time and money we have put in. I can’t imagine sticking it out as a lower level player with these crazy events today.

FarmerIreneOK
07-10-18, 12:06 PM
If anyone has done the math and calculated how many snowballs, ice chips, straws and punch are needed to get the penguin pet, can you please post it? Thank you!

Paul__
07-10-18, 02:24 PM
If anyone has done the math and calculated how many snowballs, ice chips, straws and punch are needed to get the penguin pet, can you please post it? Thank you!

You need 5 Party Packs (2h in studio)

Each is: 12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream, 5 Ice Pops, 2 Sorbetto Cone, and 1 Frozen Penguin Punch

12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Creams is 36 snowballs and 12 Ice Chips
5 Ice Pops is 30 snowballs, 10 Ice Chips, 10 Penguin Punch, and 10 Apple Sugar
2 Sorbetto Cones is 16 Snowballs, 6 Ice Chips, 6 Penguin Punch, and 2 cones
1 Frozen Penguin Punch is 12 Snowballs, 6 Ice Chips, 5 Penguin Punch, 1 Silly Straw

TOTAL FOR 1 PARTY PACK: 94 Snowballs, 34 Ice Chips, 21 Penguin Punch, 10 Apple Sugar, 2 Cones, 1 Silly Straw

You need 5 of these

So total for 5 party packs is: 470 Snowballs, 170 Ice Chips, 105 Penguin Punch, 50 Apple Sugar, 10 Cones, 5 Silly Straw

You also need to make Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch: 10 Empty Glasses, 18 Penguin Punch, 4 Silly Straws, 6 Lime Slices

TOTAL ITEMS NEEDED PER PENGUIN: 470 Snowballs, 170 Ice Chips, 123 Penguin Punch, 9 Silly Straws, 10 Cones, 10 Empty Glasses, 6 Lime Slices, and finally, 50 Apple Sugar.

gdr4gon
07-10-18, 02:35 PM
I wish we could sell the event items :( I finished up to goal 7 and won't continue, and it hurts just to put them up for sale so the bots get them when someone else is struggling to finish the events :(

RainbowGattone
07-10-18, 03:48 PM
I wish we could sell the event items :( I finished up to goal 7 and won't continue, and it hurts just to put them up for sale so the bots get them when someone else is struggling to finish the events :(

Totally agree. I would be more than delighted to help somebody out selling my items. Not going to waist any more time on something that is not doable. We all know that selling items means helping each other but S8 doesn't like it since it messes up with their plan.

princessskykennedy
07-10-18, 05:41 PM

Each is: 12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Cream, 5 Ice Pops, 2 Sorbetto Cone, and 1 Frozen Penguin Punch

12 Rainbow Deep Fried Ice Creams is 36 snowballs and 12 Ice Chips
5 Ice Pops is 30 snowballs, 10 Ice Chips, 10 Penguin Punch, and 10 Apple Sugar
2 Sorbetto Cones is 16 Snowballs, 6 Ice Chips, 6 Penguin Punch, and 2 cones
1 Frozen Penguin Punch is 12 Snowballs, 6 Ice Chips, 5 Penguin Punch, 1 Silly Straw

TOTAL FOR 1 PARTY PACK: 94 Snowballs, 34 Ice Chips, 21 Penguin Punch, 10 Apple Sugar, 2 Cones, 1 Silly Straw

You need 5 of these

So total for 5 party packs is: 470 Snowballs, 170 Ice Chips, 105 Penguin Punch, 50 Apple Sugar, 10 Cones, 5 Silly Straw

You also need to make Frozen Rainbow Penguin Punch: 10 Empty Glasses, 18 Penguin Punch, 4 Silly Straws, 6 Lime Slices

TOTAL ITEMS NEEDED PER PENGUIN: 470 Snowballs, 170 Ice Chips, 123 Penguin Punch, 9 Silly Straws, 10 Cones, 10 Empty Glasses, 6 Lime Slices, and finally, 50 Apple Sugar.

And that is just for one!!!

Sweet_e_Corner
07-10-18, 06:06 PM

You need 5 of these

Say what?!? I misread and thought we only needed 1 party pack. I thought I'd have enough time with 8 days left to finish stage 6 and 7. But turns out we need 5!!

I'm on stage 6 and I still haven't made my first (of 3) ice pops because of the low drop rate on the penguin snacks from plane deliveries. It has taken me 2 whole days and 28 deliveries to finally get the 6th penguin snack, which is now currently being converted into an ice chip.

It's ridiculous we need to invest this much time/money into one event. There's absolutely no way I can complete this event to win a penguin prize. So I'm going to just try to finish stage 7 (to get the remaining 2 decorations) one just one device (I play on both my phone and tablet) and stop wasting my very precious time on an unachievable prize.

FarmerIreneOK
07-10-18, 07:05 PM
Thanks Paul! looks like I will be content with the cute hula dancers. I will never get the punch or penguin snacks I need.
Wish we could synchronize them. I do like the penguins!

judyandthecat
07-10-18, 07:40 PM
And don't forget all the hundreds of plane deliveries to get 170 Penguin Snacks for this Ice Chips...

Paul__
07-10-18, 08:15 PM
And don't forget all the hundreds of plane deliveries to get 170 Penguin Snacks for this Ice Chips...

Yep, probably around 500 deliveries... I should’ve taken a screenshot of the farm overview before I started the event lol.

orca1006
07-10-18, 10:06 PM
Correct me if I?m wrong, but we will need 331 igloos to complete this event.

see Paul's post on the next page for a complete review of # of items needed :) it's 170 chips total for 1 penguin. but otherwise, yeah....i know how everyone feels. i feel so "fortunate" that i got addicted (:p) when things were a lot easier...or i would have never been able to do any of these events now. i feel so bad for anyone who is new to the game and feel defeated not being able to finish these quests lately. maybe we can suggest to S8 that there should be simpler requirements for low level people for future quests...? Rynetory2...any help to pass the information along to the team...?

Lilliepaddd
07-10-18, 10:32 PM
Well I’m hooped reading these posts. So glad I stayed up to collect from pigs and get nothing...said no one ever lol. I’ll never make it wahhhhh!

sandygin
07-11-18, 09:36 AM
I am on 7 of 7 but I am giving up now. Five party packs is impossible with the drop rates the way they are. It is so sad that the events can't be finished anymore.

draughnc
07-11-18, 11:41 AM
Plus $85,000 to get the igloos to get the ice chips.

FarmerIreneOK
07-11-18, 04:55 PM
So, 72% of respondents did not like the gnome event and if I recall correctly there were many posts complaining about it and the fact that items could not be bought or sold. Subsequent events seemed to show that S8 was listening and the user polls were much more favorable. This event is even more challenging than the gnomes. I wonder what happened?
On the up side, the hula dancers are very cute!

Lilliepaddd
07-11-18, 08:43 PM
So, 72% of respondents did not like the gnome event and if I recall correctly there were many posts complaining about it and the fact that items could not be bought or sold. Subsequent events seemed to show that S8 was listening and the user polls were much more favorable. This event is even more challenging than the gnomes. I wonder what happened?
On the up side, the hula dancers are very cute!

Great post! Spot on...baddddd event!

bj2500
07-11-18, 09:46 PM
Well I given up on the event due to drops I love love love the hula dancers tho. So not to upset.

Fairyreserve
07-11-18, 11:47 PM
On the bright side, after the gnome event I believe we got The succulents. That was maybe the best event ever. So maybe there's hope for another one of those since right now we've got one of these. hey, a girl can dream...

��

loulou1290
07-12-18, 05:34 AM
I’ve got the hula dancers, so I’m quitting now - I value my life too much to be worrying about pig drops! LOL My barn is full, so I’m going to offload everything for the bots!
Very disappointing Event!

daisybeach
07-12-18, 07:42 AM
After completing the penguin event....now you have to move on to a ridiculous SECOND event to make the penguin come to life. I quit this game. It is no fun. I can’t possibly come up with 36 punches, 18 limes, 10 ice cream cones and more of whatever else. It is ridiculous. I work full time. I cannot possibly keep up.

johnpaulg
07-12-18, 10:59 AM
I will be joining the many others who has decided the hula dancers are the only thing worth getting. So good luck to those who will proceed to the finish.

claeystrails
07-12-18, 02:53 PM
I will be joining the many others who has decided the hula dancers are the only thing worth getting. So good luck to those who will proceed to the finish.

I agree. I work. Can't be checking on my phone constantly checking for a pop up penguin. Even checking pigs every 3 hours is troublesome as you need to be harvesting and making feed. I love this game but I am really starting to dislike the events. The last one I was able to finish was the hedgehog

JBdeL17
07-12-18, 04:12 PM
I’ve just finished goal 7, and that’s it for me! I would have loved to get a penguin, but this event is ridiculous! I don’t like not being able to help other players or buy event items.

earthangell2
07-12-18, 05:23 PM
I ?m making the last frozen penguin punch to get the dancer from step 6, and then I?m offloading the items for the bots, unless there is a dancer for finishing step 7. I?ve been playing for 1704 days as of today, and this is the worst event of all time. It is off the charts ridiculous 

I have no idea why my apostrophes became question marks in my last post, but I?m not happy. It is not a good way to treat loyal players. I?ve paid a small fortune as it is, over the years, but not today.

To fix apostrophes from becoming question marks - Go to your device Settings, General, Keyboard and turn off Smart Punctuation. Rynetory2

forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)

Nanaof8and2great
07-12-18, 05:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I’m with you the penguins are adorable. I guess you guys have had better luck getting your items. I spent 50.00 buying the items because when I feed the pigs I get 1 -2 bottles. I just used 40 tools and didn’t get one lime slice and it’s the Same with the fishing. This is why I stop playing the restaurant app because it seems they pick at least one item to be a long time to get it so every 3 hours getting 1-2 bottles just doesn?t get it. I am glad they opened up some land but again I can sell 40 loads and maybe get 1-2 items. Well I am stopping right now and I am not going to spend anymore money for diamonds. They are worse then slot machines. You have to give some items to at least make us feel were getting something.

Good luck everyone have fun.

claeystrails
07-12-18, 06:52 PM
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or not but . . . I decided almost 4 hours ago not to continue this event and put everything in my store to sell. Stormys bots have not purchased 1 item. So I can't sell items to help other players but Stormy isnt even buying them. I get that they will be bought in a specific time frame but its not fair. If the items are taking space in our barns and silos then we should be able to sell them. If they dont want us selling them then store them in the cloud. I dont mean to sound whiny but its a no win situation!

Nanaof8and2great
07-12-18, 07:52 PM
I agree, I couldn?t have said it any better

Boy I agree to all of these discussions. I just wish that more people knew how to get into the forum because there would be a lot more people showing Storm8 how unhappy they are. I have so many people telling me they say they don?t know computers very well to be able to find this page. As long as they are making money they don?t care how we feel. I don?t know who comes up with the games but I feel they should think them through a lot more.

Kinky_Candy
07-12-18, 08:20 PM
I totally agree with all the others players about this event. The games are for pleasure not for make our life more difficult :( im very disappointed with this event:(

Tgskg643
07-12-18, 08:37 PM
Does anybody have the penguin? If you do congrats to you. This event is impossible to finish with all these low drop rates and also not being able to sell /buy event items 😭

princessskykennedy
07-12-18, 09:11 PM
finished step 7 and made the first party pack (name?). With five days left I would have to make one whole party pack each day! Unfortunately the gems required are way to many!! I love love the hula penguins! I will take the next five days to stock up for next event!!

lola_legend
07-12-18, 10:10 PM
Yep posting here for the first time in years to say "I concur" before I join the quitters and deleters. Not a chance I will finish this event. To be fair I work a lot and how dare I want to sleep and eat!? So yea.... since I'm still on goal 3 (lol) and can't help you guys out I call []. S8 must be trying to milk money from players for as long as they can since ppl are getting more and more fed up with each event. Is it that they sense the end is near so they are charging for even the slightest chance of finishing a task? Would I pay actual money for a digital animal that I could spend on my real life dog? Actually.... maybe. But how do they expect us to have jobs to pay to finish the games when you can't have a job and finish the game? Lolololol vicious cycle.

Lilliepaddd
07-12-18, 10:20 PM
Does anybody have the penguin? If you do congrats to you. This event is impossible to finish with all these low drop rates and also not being able to sell /buy event items ��

I saw one on someone’s farm, it’s a smaller version of the one you pop, not worth my time and definitely no gems for this unattainable event. The hula dancers are cuter!

Fairyreserve
07-13-18, 03:15 AM
I think we all agree this wasn't a great event cuz it was hard. Pretty much unattainable without gems. OK. So... Just don't do this one. I didn't like gnomes, and as soon as I realized this was Gnomes Revisited, I realized this one wouldn't happen for me, and I just moved on. Well have a new event in a week, and maybe that one will be easier. As an android player Events are still a woo hoo for me cuz I spent a year without them. But we're getting one event after another, and consider a few things:

* if it's hard to do, it's more meaningful when you achieve the goal.

* if it was easy enough for everyone to win, it wouldn't be as special. Look at, say, the elephant. Do I love mine? Yes! But so many ppl have one that seeing it on another farm doesn't register with me. But when I see the beaver? It's cool as heck.

* I see alot of complaints about not having any more room, and one of those complaints is mine. So when we do win a new pet that these days needs a new habitat, do u really have somewhere to put it that also allows u to keep the integrity of your farm's design? I don't like eking out room, it looks busy and haphazard. So much as I wanted the penguin, I'm cool letting this one go cuz I'm plum out of room.,anyway, and papers are something I've chosen not to spend gems on.

* not all of us will be winners each time, I'm afraid. There are going to be things that are free and get you good challenging fun, like filling a train. Always free! Then there will be gnomes and penguins that will be technically achievable but realistically will cost u $ to truly do. No way Storm8 doesn't do that on purpose, and... Oh well. Hey, I don't wanna spend $ any more than the next guy, so I just pick my battles. some of these events are more like gifts to us (succulents), and some are gonna be impossible without $ (beaver). This one sucked, fine, but I'm fairly sure another gift will be along.

* I get annoyed when I can't achieve, especially if I really want the pet. If I were missing out on a giraffe I'd be heartbroken. But again, it's not like events are rare. We know another one is on its way down the pike as soon as this one is over so opportunities are about constant. If that weren't the case I'd be more indignant over attainability.

* why we gotta hate on the mods? I've been a mod for a parenting site, and I can tell you, ain't no hell on earth like moderating a vax/anti-anxiety discussion. Take it from me, the job is thankless. Wanna kvetch that you're mad at the game, OK, but don't take it out on the mods.

Ooookie, stepping off.

kindefarm1890
07-13-18, 03:35 AM
After a couple of days on task 6 and sending out 30+ plane deliveries since opening this task not one snack has dropped. I would like the hula penguin from this task but right now it seems impossible. I have put in the shop all the event items from the past task since it will be impossible to even reach task 7 at this point. The gnome event was bad but even there is was able to make it to the mysterious 8th task but I couldn't complete the extra 12 tasks that were rolled into one.

Although I don't like the task I do like the hula penguins. I did see where others mentioned that they liked the igloo with the dancing penguin and ice chest where the penguin keeps popping up. Any word from S8 if these will remain as decorations. I used all the igloos but I still have the ice chest ready for collection and I would like to keep it after the event but not if it is not storable.

RainbowGattone
07-13-18, 10:59 AM
I get your point Fairyreserve. I've got no problem to pass on the events that seem unattainable. It would be hard to be obsessed with getting some colored pixels no matter how cute they are when there is so much going on. The issue that I have is that there is a big likelihood that the next event is going to be the same difficult if not harder. From what I can recall from my poor memory/ they say that it's ok to suffer from memory loss once you turned 18/ the only one event that everybody seemed to like was succulent one. When is was TeamLava events were hard but yet doable but now with Storm8 they are preposterous.

ronsfarm00
07-13-18, 04:42 PM
This one was not fair, there's no way someone could do this we work hard just to get the stages finished and get nothing. The things to do to get the Penguins is just too much. Really and then the drop rates are so unfair to begin with how in the world do they even expect someone to do this.

Victory456
07-13-18, 04:55 PM
Can?t see this being completed. Steps 5-7 five times. Please

Lilliepaddd
07-13-18, 06:53 PM
Just out of curiosity how often is the penguin supposed to appear on our farm? Trying for another hula dancer. That's all I can do, too exhausting and they are cuter IMO.

claeystrails
07-13-18, 07:02 PM
I think we all agree this wasn't a great event cuz it was hard. Pretty much unattainable without gems. OK. So... Just don't do this one. I didn't like gnomes, and as soon as I realized this was Gnomes Revisited, I realized this one wouldn't happen for me, and I just moved on. Well have a new event in a week, and maybe that one will be easier. As an android player Events are still a woo hoo for me cuz I spent a year without them. But we're getting one event after another, and consider a few things:

* if it's hard to do, it's more meaningful when you achieve the goal.

* if it was easy enough for everyone to win, it wouldn't be as special. Look at, say, the elephant. Do I love mine? Yes! But so many ppl have one that seeing it on another farm doesn't register with me. But when I see the beaver? It's cool as heck.

* I see alot of complaints about not having any more room, and one of those complaints is mine. So when we do win a new pet that these days needs a new habitat, do u really have somewhere to put it that also allows u to keep the integrity of your farm's design? I don't like eking out room, it looks busy and haphazard. So much as I wanted the penguin, I'm cool letting this one go cuz I'm plum out of room.,anyway, and papers are something I've chosen not to spend gems on.

* not all of us will be winners each time, I'm afraid. There are going to be things that are free and get you good challenging fun, like filling a train. Always free! Then there will be gnomes and penguins that will be technically achievable but realistically will cost u $ to truly do. No way Storm8 doesn't do that on purpose, and... Oh well. Hey, I don't wanna spend $ any more than the next guy, so I just pick my battles. some of these events are more like gifts to us (succulents), and some are gonna be impossible without $ (beaver). This one sucked, fine, but I'm fairly sure another gift will be along.

* I get annoyed when I can't achieve, especially if I really want the pet. If I were missing out on a giraffe I'd be heartbroken. But again, it's not like events are rare. We know another one is on its way down the pike as soon as this one is over so opportunities are about constant. If that weren't the case I'd be more indignant over attainability.

* why we gotta hate on the mods? I've been a mod for a parenting site, and I can tell you, ain't no hell on earth like moderating a vax/anti-anxiety discussion. Take it from me, the job is thankless. Wanna kvetch that you're mad at the game, OK, but don't take it out on the mods.

Ooookie, stepping off.

Really great reality check. Thank you. We all have to look at the individual events. And decide if wecare participating or not at the beginning. I now know that because I work pop up events wont ever be completed, and I have set the alarm to collect from animals so that's doable.

I too am android so all these events back to back is exciting. But again you are right you cant win 'em all.

Thanks for reminding me why I love this game. We always have our trains. Someday I will get me a show pony! Could take 20 years but its a goal.

goodies70
07-13-18, 08:41 PM
I?ve been playing for 3 yrs & this is the worst event I?ve ever seen! They should at least increase the drop rates when we can not help each other out! So disappointed, I really wanted the Penguins.

FarmerIreneOK
07-13-18, 09:24 PM
Finally reached the 5 party pack stage. Doubt I?ll be able to finish given drop rates for pigs and deliveries. But as it turns out I wanted the proper penguin and accidentally gave a party pack to the party penguin.
Agree with previous players who remind us all about keeping things in perspective. It?s just a game. And the hula dancer decorations are so cute! I hope we can keep the igloos with dancing penguins as decorations too. 🐧

Paul__
07-14-18, 11:02 AM
The Penguin Crossing is 50% off for anyone interested.

menps1
07-14-18, 01:53 PM
Got 2 pets at the end with so many sleepless nights !!!! Personally I prefer the dancing penguins more than pets . They look cuter and easier to get

lululatte
07-14-18, 08:46 PM
Hi I'm close to finishing step seven.. is the penguin on ice Slide just an ornament then.. I'm a little confused. Thanks.

judyandthecat
07-15-18, 03:16 AM
Hi I'm close to finishing step seven.. is the penguin on ice Slide just an ornament then.. I'm a little confused. Thanks.

The penguin ice slide is the prize for step seven.

To get a penguin you have to turn in five Party packs to Morgan or to Piper.

loulou1290
07-15-18, 05:23 AM

The penguin ice slide is a really cute ornament! I’m happy to have it and the hula dancers!

HelloUncertainty
07-15-18, 02:30 PM
Does anybody have the penguin? If you do congrats to you. This event is impossible to finish with all these low drop rates and also not being able to sell /buy event items 😭

Hello, I have just finished the event without using gems or real money. I must say it was heaps more challenging than what it should've been. But the penguin is so adorable and actually one of my favourites!! I have included a photo, so everyone can see him. You're also more than welcome to visit my farm. To get a better look at him. But please, I ask of you no feeding the penguin!!! HelloUncertainty is my farm.

I saw one on someone?s farm, it?s a smaller version of the one you pop, not worth my time and definitely no gems for this unattainable event. The hula dancers are cuter!

The penguin pet is actually the same size as the one you're referring to.

tigerlillypalace
07-15-18, 09:00 PM
yes, i'm finding this a problem, too...been sending dozens of deliveries and only getting one or two snacks. Impossible to finish this goal. waste of time now. Very disappointed :(

lululatte
07-16-18, 12:44 AM
Thanks.. ok I'll be happy with that then. Love the little hoola penguins.

kindefarm1890
07-16-18, 05:34 AM
Finally finished task 6 after sending out countless plane deliveries. Trying to decide if there is time to finish task 7 before the event ends. I need a lot of pengiun punch from the pigs and the glasses from the pond.

Rynteory2 - I know that the end date states 7/17 but I think on the gnome event the last day was set aside for those who have the event items to craft the gnome. Do you know if the last day for this event is only to decide which pegiun you want or if we can still collection event items though tomorrow? If I have another day there may be just a slight chance to finish task 7 for the last decoration. Also can you ask the team if they will be changing the igloos and ice chests into decorations after the event ends? If they will be turning into decorations I may purchase another ice chest if I get another snack. Thanks

Rynetory2
07-16-18, 07:11 AM
Finally finished task 6 after sending out countless plane deliveries. Trying to decide if there is time to finish task 7 before the event ends. I need a lot of pengiun punch from the pigs and the glasses from the pond.

Rynteory2 - I know that the end date states 7/17 but I think on the gnome event the last day was set aside for those who have the event items to craft the gnome. Do you know if the last day for this event is only to decide which pegiun you want or if we can still collection event items though tomorrow? If I have another day there may be just a slight chance to finish task 7 for the last decoration.

I'll ask but I can't promise I'll get an answer in time. My advise is to finish everything before the event ends, you have until Jul 17. The dateline is stated on the goal screen, it's safer for you to take that as your dateline. Normally crafts, goals, event items, etc become not active once the event ends.

Hope you are able to finish Goal 7, the penguin slide is animated and very cute.

Also can you ask the team if they will be changing the igloos and ice chests into decorations after the event ends? If they will be turning into decorations I may purchase another ice chest if I get another snack. Thanks

All event items turn into decorations when every event ended. No promises on the animations though, I did ask and submitted a request last week.

kindefarm1890
07-16-18, 07:57 AM
Rynetory2 - Thanks for the info. Will keep my fingers crossed that the animation stays for the igloo and ice chest. Still need 5 glasses and 12 punch.

PookieBear50
07-16-18, 01:01 PM
I seriously doubt I'll finish goal 7 of 7, simply because the drops for the Penguin snacks just are not happening for me. Oh, well. To be honest, after realizing this was another Gnome event...I just kind of gave up. Repeating steps over and over and over again really is not that fun.

mummyb55
07-16-18, 03:03 PM
This is so boring. I’m not even going to attempt another event after this fiasco.

RoyalBlue305
07-16-18, 04:23 PM
I don?t see how I can finish. I?ve been working from home this past week and this week and have had more time to take a break and play the game. I still only have ONE party pack done and will be lucky to finish the second one tonight. There is absolutely no way to finish this unless they increase the drops. I usually get 1-2 bottles or NONE from the pigs and the party penquin doesn?t always drop snowballs. The delivery on the orange fish is like every 15th delivery. I have depleted all my inventory of hard to make items or long time cooking items that I reserve for train deliveries. I never came close on the gnome event but this one I put in MAX EFFORT and it?s going to be for nothing. I?m getting more and more disillusioned with the events. Months back we had ZERO events when they changed developers and coders and now we have them all the time but they?re impossible to finish. After awhile it?s not fun to play. Idk. I love this game and have been loyal for years but I?d like to win at least more than just once every few months or even less. I play every event and give it a lot of effort but usually just get a few decorations. Getting new pets now is impossible. Oh well. I guess there?s only two choices: Play the game and get what you get or quit.

tere2322
07-16-18, 05:54 PM
I purchased the penguin crossing a few days back and for the first hour it was great. I had the penguin visit sometimes 3min, 10 min, 15min apart BUT for the last couple of days the penguin has never shown up?

Any one else have this problem? I have a limited space on my farm for it to pop up so I know he is not hiding elsewhere.

forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)

menps1
07-16-18, 06:15 PM
Too limited space did cause the problem for me to pop the penguin too. Best thing is fill up the hidden spot but leave space that you can directly see empty . He will surely turn up there. Don?t forget to reload after few mins . The sign does give double amount but I think it?s still not worth it.

Bellepoule
07-16-18, 07:29 PM
Merci pour le jeu, mais l'?v?nement des pingouins est beaucoup trop difficile... j'ai achet? plusieurs packs pour m'aider, mais c'est impossible ? terminer...vraiment dommage 🙁

Rynetory2
07-16-18, 10:03 PM
Merci pour le jeu, mais l'?v?nement des pingouins est beaucoup trop difficile... j'ai achet? plusieurs packs pour m'aider, mais c'est impossible ? terminer...vraiment dommage ��

Welcome to the Farm 2 forum. :)

You're right, this event is very difficult because of the drops and requirements. I think most of the players are facing the same. I hope this is not your first event because if it is, you have started on a difficult event. Dont be discouraged. Hopefully the next event will be easy or at least easier than this. :)

omega_trojan
07-17-18, 01:46 AM
Less than 1 day left and I'm still stuck at Goal 7. Guess it's time to give up on this event. If a poll is added to this post asking about the event, I would definitely vote for disliking this event. Such a ridiculous event.

RoyalBlue305
07-17-18, 11:46 AM
Finally submitted my SECOND party pack. Took me almost 2 days to collect the items. What a waste of time. I should’ve quit trying days ago on this one. Really disappointed at how impossible this event was. Idk maybe a subscription business model would be better vs basically forcing ppl to buy gems to succeed in the game. If it were a subscription membership model then we could at least enjoy the game at our leisure vs frantically scrambling to collect items for events and never succeeding. With a subscription they could make the events still challenging but actually feasible and doable and they could still make money. Gem purchase could still be an option for those players with a bigger wallet but at least for some of us on a very tight budget like myself, we could still have hopes of succeeding in events. Just my opinion.

Paul__
07-17-18, 02:38 PM
Making my final party pack now. The event was a little hard and I would like to have both penguins. Can the summer penguin go on sale and maybe the cool penguin too?

Paul__
07-17-18, 02:40 PM
Finally submitted my SECOND party pack. Took me almost 2 days to collect the items. What a waste of time. I should’ve quit trying days ago on this one. Really disappointed at how impossible this event was. Idk maybe a subscription business model would be better vs basically forcing ppl to buy gems to succeed in the game. If it were a subscription membership model then we could at least enjoy the game at our leisure vs frantically scrambling to collect items for events and never succeeding. With a subscription they could make the events still challenging but actually feasible and doable and they could still make money. Gem purchase could still be an option for those players with a bigger wallet but at least for some of us on a very tight budget like myself, we could still have hopes of succeeding in events. Just my opinion.

Remember, this is a free game to play and events are optional. Some events will be easy and others will be harder.

Paul__
07-17-18, 04:40 PM
Not sure if anyone else noticed but the penguin actually rubs its tummy and then points to the beak when it needs to be fed. The designers and coders surely have a lot of talent! One of my favorite pets to date.

PookieBear50
07-17-18, 05:59 PM
And that's it, I'm out of time to do anything. I need 8 more Penguin Punch, but my pigs won't be ready for almost 90 minutes more, and the event ends in 60...and there's no guarantee I'd get enough anyway. I could gem through it, but I really don't want to use up 160 gems just to get the Penguin Punch, and then use even more to finish the crafting. Oh well...at least I finished 6 of 7 steps.

shazzaaa
07-17-18, 06:18 PM
Thankyou Hellouncerntainty for the photo of your penguin congratulations. Does anyone have a photo of the summer penguin ?

menps1
07-17-18, 06:45 PM

kindefarm1890
07-17-18, 07:15 PM
I was able to obtain the decoration from the seventh task an hour before the event ended. Now that the event has ended the animation is still working for the pengiuns on the igloo but not the pengiun in the ice chest. Thanks to the team for some very nice decorations. Still hoping they can add the animation back to the ice chest.

gunder8
07-17-18, 07:25 PM
This event was impossible for me. I got as far as one party pack, but I bet at the rate I was collecting snow balls and the stuff that dropped from the pigs, it would have taken me another month to complete the last quest and earn a penguin for my zoo. Would never participate in an event like this again, complete waste of time :(

suncatchers
07-17-18, 07:53 PM
Hmm when I clicked on the igloo and the ice chest (after the event ended), it said I received 40 leaderboard points and started a countdown until the next time I can collect. I don’t see anything about a leaderboard event on my farm, just the boosted deliveries.

Disappointed that I didn’t get a pet penguin, but am happy with the hula penguins and decorations. I spent a lot of time on my farm, but the drops just weren’t happening for me and even if I bought the biggest gem pack it wouldn’t have given me enough gems to finish. Congrats to anyone who finished! Looking forward to visiting some farms with penguins.

Rynetory2
07-17-18, 08:04 PM
1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you complete this event?
3. How many penguins did you get?
4. Which goal were you at when the event ended?
5. Did you like the prizes?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Rynetory2
07-17-18, 08:07 PM
Congrats to all winners!

Can someone help to post a screenshot of your Summer Penguin for me to add to the Pets Guide? I have the Proper Penguin from another member. Click on the habitat then the bag icon and capture a screenshot. Thanks for your help.

doodlebug8
07-17-18, 08:15 PM
By spending a ridiculous amount of time during these last 4 days of playing the game, I was able to complete enough tasks to get 1 penguin pet. By ridiculous, I mean, setting one clock to go off every 9 minutes, 50 seconds and another to go off every 3 hours to tend the pigs... even when I should have been sleeping. I thought other events were hard, but this was like an extreme challenge. If I didn't have a job where I sit at a computer all day, I wouldn't have been able finish with even one pet.

Lilliepaddd
07-17-18, 09:08 PM
By spending a ridiculous amount of time during these last 4 days of playing the game, I was able to complete enough tasks to get 1 penguin pet. By ridiculous, I mean, setting one clock to go off every 9 minutes, 50 seconds and another to go off every 3 hours to tend the pigs... even when I should have been sleeping. I thought other events were hard, but this was like an extreme challenge. If I didn't have a job where I sit at a computer all day, I wouldn't have been able finish with even one pet.

Lol used to be me, but I had to slap myself into reality...not worth losing precious sleep and being outside. I love the hula dancers, penguin on an igloo and the slider....good enough for me. Not spending gems feels good too!

tya_bakery
07-17-18, 09:48 PM
I missed the pets for this time.
I stopped at goal 7, realizing that goal was difficult to complete for me.
But I am happy with hula dancers, slider, and the iglos now have big heart or love on its top!

classicchix
07-17-18, 09:57 PM
I doubt that y'all really care how much a person spends on goals, only not to be able to finish. This is the second event that I spent a good bit of money. The pigs didn't drop enough to finish goal. I had about 60-70 different fish bait, that I had to use just to get 10 glasses. This being said, I'm closing all of my games. I've spent a lot of money on all of them, but no more. Really loved Farm Story, but not worth it, thanks

Rynetory2
07-17-18, 10:03 PM

Congrats to you! At least you have something for your effort.

I didn't babysit my farm.... I put it on intensive care for last 12 days, setting several alarms for different intervals and collecting from pigs in the middle of nights. And I didn't get to complete this because of the lack of drops from pigs. They just won't yield no matter how many nights I deprived myself of sleep.

I belong to the 0 penguin club. Congrats to members who won it or both!

FarmerIreneOK
07-17-18, 10:04 PM
Replying to Rynetory’s Poll. not able to find the full site access.

I did not like this event because it was impossible for most players to complete and was way too tedious watching for the penguin and tending the pigs. I got to the last goal , completing 3 party packs. I did not get either penguin. With the low drop rates, I estimate it would have taken 3 additional days. I did like the prizes except for the sunbathing Penguin. The penguins are adorable and the animations very nice.
I think Storm8 invites unhealthy amounts of playing time and takes away the fun with events like these. There must be a better way to get revenue and have the events be fun. I can’t speak for others, but when evens require this much hands on and are this tedious, I will not purchase the needed packages but would rather skip them or not finish because I don’t wish to encourage these practices.

Rynetory2
07-17-18, 10:10 PM
Replying to Rynetory’s Poll. not able to find the full site access.

Go to the Main Page, you should see the Full Site option at the bottom of the page. https://forums.storm8.com/forum.php

Let me know if you still can't vote, I'll help you to add your votes based on your post above.

RoyalBlue305
07-17-18, 10:40 PM
I did like the event but disappointed that I didn?t finish. Completed 2 party packs by midday today and that was it. No time left to finish. But it?s been that way for me on most events lately unfortunately. Oh well. I guess at least we have events now. For awhile we didn?t have any. I did like the prizes too.

PookieBear50
07-17-18, 11:20 PM
Just thought I'd acknowledge the hard work we had to do to get through this event (some successfully, some unsuccessfully) with a reunion of the cast of "Happy Feet" ;)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45903

Rynetory2
07-18-18, 01:02 AM
Love your "Happy Feet"! They looked so adorable! :D

b95709e
07-18-18, 01:03 AM
Welcome to the Farm 2 forum. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your penguin punch and sadly that is not a game bug. The drops are random and unfortunately some players have low drop rates. You can see from the event thread that other players are experiencing the same as you and I am also facing this too. All we can do is to keep trying and hoping that we get more with the next collections. I hope you do get some more.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105192-Penguins-On-Parade-2018-Jul-5

Event now over and I also paid to speed pigs up but still no drops, wanted the penguin but another event where I missed out on the last challenge

Rynetory2
07-18-18, 01:04 AM
The Penguins' Summer Vacation

Once upon a time in a faraway land where everything is cold and icy... there are 3 penguins who are best of friends - Summer, Bernard and Proper.

The weather got colder as the winter months drew closer and Summer complained of the cold to his other two pals. "Brrrrrr... tis so cold that I couldn't warm the food and I am tired of eating cold pizzas all the time." Bernard suggested they take a vacation and visit their old neighbours, Polar Bear, Husky and Arctic Fox, who have moved to warmer places last year.

"They wrote me letters of how great and warm the weather is at their new homes. But I haven't hear from them lately... the weather is so cold here that even the birds refused to fly our mails the last few weeks! How about we visit them and check their new dens out? They have been asking us to go over for a visit." suggested Bernard. And Proper, being prim and proper, said "But... but.... we are the penguins, we are suppose to like the cold."

Anyways, Summer who has a fondness of summer weather, is all game for the trip and so it was decided that they go for a vacation.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45907

When the 3 penguins arrived at my farm, they stayed at the Murray's Holiday Resort which was near to their friends' homes.

Basking in the warm sunshine, they totally enjoyed themselves catching up with their old neighbours, partying and chilling by the pool and enjoying the spa and archery facilities. The 3 penguins were especially thrilled to see hula penguin gals dancing gracefully. It's amazing where Mr. Murray managed to find these lovely dancers.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45908

This little penguin looks like he's having a smashing good time lol. :D

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45909

The penguins had such a great time that they were sad to leave at the end of the trip. I tried to convince them to stay but sadly I ran out of penguin punches. Anyways, the 3 little penguins had a wonderful vacation. :D They promised to write as soon as the birds start flying the mails again.

The End

krissyone2
07-18-18, 04:06 AM
Congrats to you! At least you have something for your effort.

I didn't babysit my farm.... I put it on intensive care for last 12 days, setting several alarms for different intervals and collecting from pigs in the middle of nights. And I didn't get to complete this because of the lack of drops from pigs. They just won't yield no matter how many nights I deprived myself of sleep.
I belong to the 0 penguin club. Congrats to members who won it or both!

[QUOTE=Rynetory2;1528293]Congrats to you! At least you have something for your effort.

I?m so sorry you didn?t get your penguin as you worked so hard for it and really deserved to win one! :(
Love your attitude always and the help and support you give us all! Thankyou!

krissyone2
07-18-18, 04:09 AM

Once upon a time in a faraway land where everything is cold and icy... there are 3 penguins who are best of friends - Summer, Bernard and Proper.

The weather got colder as the winter months drew closer and Summer complained of the cold to his other two pals. "Brrrrrr... tis so cold that I couldn't warm the food and I am tired of eating cold pizzas all the time." Bernard suggested they take a vacation and visit their old neighbours, Polar Bear, Husky and Arctic Fox, who have moved to warmer places last year.

"They wrote me letters of how great and warm the weather is at their new homes. But I haven't hear from them lately... the weather is so cold here that even the birds refused to fly our mails the last few weeks! How about we visit them and check their new dens out? They have been asking us to go over for a visit." suggested Bernard. And Proper, being prim and proper, said "But... but.... we are the penguins, we are suppose to like the cold."

Anyways, Summer who has a fondness of summer weather, is all game for the trip and so it was decided that they go for a vacation.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45907

When the 3 penguins arrived at my farm, they stayed at the Murray's Holiday Resort which was near to their friends' homes.

Basking in the warm sunshine, they totally enjoyed themselves catching up with their old neighbours, partying and chilling by the pool and enjoying the spa and archery facilities. The 3 penguins were especially thrilled to see hula penguin gals dancing gracefully. It's amazing where Mr. Murray managed to find these lovely dancers.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45908

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45909

The penguins had such a great time that they were sad to leave at the end of the trip. I tried to convince them to stay but sadly I ran out of penguin punches. Anyways, the 3 little penguins had a wonderful vacation. :D They promised to write as soon as the birds start flying the mails again.

The End

Gorgeous story but a sad ending! X

krissyone2
07-18-18, 04:11 AM
What is with the tournament points I’m getting off the dancing penguins?
Thinking it’s another Leadership Tournament coming next :(

draughnc
07-18-18, 05:19 AM
I got leadership points too on the ice chest. It is no longer animated but the igloos are. I don't want a leadership tournament event. My last group went crazy with the points.

krissyone2
07-18-18, 05:54 AM
I got leadership points too on the ice chest. It is no longer animated but the igloos are. I don't want a leadership tournament event. My last group went crazy with the points.
Yes I think we could do with an easier event this time!

Rynetory2
07-18-18, 09:00 AM
I?m so sorry you didn?t get your penguin as you worked so hard for it and really deserved to win one! :(
Love your attitude always and the help and support you give us all! Thankyou!

Thank you for your kind words and being such a sweetie! :) I hope you managed to win the penguin or at least some of the cooler prizes.

Gorgeous story but a sad ending! X

This was also a gorgeous event but a sad ending for most of us. Well at least we all tried our very best.

Rynetory2
07-18-18, 09:03 AM
What is with the tournament points I’m getting off the dancing penguins?
Thinking it’s another Leadership Tournament coming next :(

Haha I guess the team gave us a big hint on the next event. I've flagged over this to them.

Yes I think we could do with an easier event this time!

Aye, we all could. And I definitely need to catch up with some sleep lol.

Paul__
07-18-18, 09:07 AM
Haha I guess the team gave us a big hint on the next event. I've flagged over this to them.

Oh please no....I need my sleep.....

RoyalBlue305
07-18-18, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=Rynetory2;1528414]Haha I guess the team gave us a big hint on the next event. I've flagged over this to them

I just checked my dancing igloo penguins and I got 40 tournament points per penquin. Wish I would have kept more than 3 now! Who knew? This game is such a rollercoaster!! Lol

gc0912
07-18-18, 11:01 AM
I just checked my dancing igloo penguins and I got 40 tournament points per penquin. Wish I would have kept more than 3 now! Who knew? This game is such a rollercoaster!! Lol

I wish I’d bought loads! I was going to but had to be up early the next day so went to bed and completely forgot about buying anymore before the event ended!

dugambon
07-18-18, 12:28 PM

Aye, we all could. And I definitely need to catch up with some sleep lol.
Oooh nooooooooo.....please please please no leaderboard!!!! NO LEADERBOARD...pretty please ;/

loulou1290
07-18-18, 03:53 PM
Now I’m confused! What’s this about tournament points? I can’t see any tournament! ������

PookieBear50
07-18-18, 08:25 PM
So, if we tap on the penguins dancing on the igloos, do they remain, or do they disappear and we get those random leaderboard points as compensation?

bessbee
07-18-18, 09:54 PM
This was mean-spirited once again. Let us buy/sell with each other at least. Have reasonable drop rates.

orca1006
07-19-18, 01:19 AM
so i've been debating whether i should write this, not knowing if it'll get read or even matter at all. now that the event is over and i've gotten some sleep, i guess i will go ahead with this (self)reflection... (disclaimer: i was one of the very, very lucky ones that got 1 pet just under the wire)

after years on the farm, this (and the gnome event by association) was hands-down the MOST difficult event(s) i've ever played. yes we all realized early on it was gonna be challenging, but never did i imagine how defeated i would constantly feel throughout this process. my philosophy has always been as long as i keep going, slow and steady, things would work out okay. but this hope was repeatedly beat down when for 3 straight days, i was getting zero to one punch from every 12 pigs collected. which really got me thinking....

yes the drop rates are random, but why are they sooooo different across different farms?!

we've all read about many examples of players who were tirelessly babysitting farms with alarms just to potentially counter the poor drop rates. however, despite doing this round-the-clock, we ended up with 1 person able to get 2 penguins without spending any gems v.s. a small handful getting 1 (w/ or w/o spending) v.s. some not getting anything at all (poor Rynetory2 :(). i am no coder or anything, but to me, the only logical thing i can think of is that there seems to be inherent, drastic differences in how many items each player was getting per collection, which seems to imply this is really all about "luck" again...? and we were perhaps not all on leveled playing fields...?

i admit i don't have much going on in life atm, so i have the luxury of spending way more than average play time on these events. but i also remember a time, not so long ago, when i used to able to finish with relative ease and get rewarded with cute pets even with 12-hr work days. sure, event participation is optional, but if i were new to this game, i can imagine how i would easily feel very discouraged and lose interest in continuing playing with these very challenging events happening every quarter or so...:(

so yup, here is my two cents. wishfully hoping someone may see this one day... thanks for listening. :)

orca1006
07-19-18, 01:33 AM

nice catch of that screenshot! XD so cute! your story again brightens my day~ thank you!!!

and sorry to see your penguins ended up leaving...:( i truly hope one day, someone somewhere will hear us and level the playing field to make things a little more consistent with effort instead of luck for these goal events.....a girl can dream, right? ;)

Rynetory2
07-19-18, 08:39 AM
nice catch of that screenshot! XD so cute! your story again brightens my day~ thank you!!!

and sorry to see your penguins ended up leaving...:( i truly hope one day, someone somewhere will hear us and level the playing field to make things a little more consistent with effort instead of luck for these goal events.....a girl can dream, right? ;)

Aye, a gal can dream. And hopefully they come true. I have been waiting for penguin to come to Farm 2 for years and they finally came. I was so happy that it came true but too bad, dreams were shattered. Oh it was so close and yet so far! I hope they will be available in the Market for us to purchase.

I'm with you on what you said in your feedback post. I read it all and I couldn't have said it better. I'll be sure to pass in when the poll ends. Congrats on your penguin! :)

FarmerIreneOK
07-19-18, 06:10 PM
Go to the Main Page, you should see the Full Site option at the bottom of the page. https://forums.storm8.com/forum.php

Let me know if you still can't vote, I'll help you to add your votes based on your post above.

Still could not find it. sorry!

princessskykennedy
07-19-18, 08:20 PM

If you click on the dancing penguin igloos do they disappear?

Paul__
07-19-18, 09:00 PM
Can they please add the animatin back for the ice box?!

Rynetory2
07-19-18, 09:05 PM
Still could not find it. sorry!

I went ahead and added your votes based on your post. Sorry that you couldn't find it though.

(Try logging out of the forum and close out your safari. Then start it and log in again. The Full Site option is at the bottom of the page after logging in.)

Rynetory2
07-19-18, 09:11 PM
So, if we tap on the penguins dancing on the igloos, do they remain, or do they disappear and we get those random leaderboard points as compensation?

If you click on the dancing penguin igloos do they disappear?

My igloo is ok when I tap on it. But if you are afraid yours will disappear, you can go into Edit mode first then you can store or move it.

Rynetory2
07-19-18, 09:12 PM
Can they please add the animatin back for the ice box?!

I've submitted a request earlier.

Paul__
07-19-18, 09:19 PM
I've submitted a request earlier.

Alright, thank you!

krissyone2
07-19-18, 11:29 PM
Thank you for your kind words and being such a sweetie! :) I hope you managed to win the penguin or at least some of the cooler prizes.

This was also a gorgeous event but a sad ending for most of us. Well at least we all tried our very best.

Thankyou so much! I did get a penguin after buying packs and spending gems! I could honestly not finish any other way! No
Idea how someone got 2 penguins without spending any real money!?Hats off to them!? I?m just sorry that not everyone can afford/ wants to spend real money and therefore that places them at a disadvantage :(

orca1006
07-20-18, 05:36 AM

:love_heart:

and here we go again....:cool:

Rynetory2
07-27-18, 04:23 PM
Update:
The team will also look into restoring the animation back to the ice chest. :)

Rynetory2
07-29-18, 11:05 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.

Paul__
08-08-18, 05:37 AM
Update:
The team will also look into restoring the animation back to the ice chest. :)
Any update on this?

Rynetory2
08-09-18, 02:26 AM
Not yet, you know I will post as soon as I have news. Like I always do. :)

princessskykennedy
08-09-18, 05:03 PM
I would really like the animation to that ice chest as well!!