PDA

View Full Version : FREE BOOSTED BREEDING - July 3rd 2018

Xyn25
07-03-18, 04:11 PM
I just noticed we have boosted breeding for coins instead of gold! Perfect for breeding some of the rereleased breedable dragons :D

Good luck everyone!

Phoenix406
07-03-18, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the info! I hadn't noticed!

manda587
07-03-18, 05:46 PM
Very kind of you to share, thanks!

amerirish
07-03-18, 09:04 PM
I noticed it too but aren't we all trying to breed a Common dragon for the Tales event? SMH

AnnirasSweets
07-03-18, 09:07 PM
I find it funny that every time I open the game I'm bombarded with pop-ups for every new dragon and everything imaginable but they neglect to share that the boosted breeding is free or that they've once more given us a quest for free Essence. Of course the quest starts the same day as a DT which means that you can do one or the other just like they did last month. I asked if this was an oversight or if it was intentionally done to encourage players to spend gold in order to speed up either their DT quests or the Essence Quest but I was naturally given no response other than them moving my thread discussing this. Apparently with this new schedule we're never going to get an Essence Quest during a week when it's actually feasible to complete it. It's all these little things that are really making me question my commitment to this game and more importantly the company behind it.

Nuicakes
07-04-18, 01:48 PM
I just noticed we have boosted breeding for coins instead of gold! Perfect for breeding some of the rereleased breedable dragons :D

Good luck everyone!

Thanks so much, I didn't see a popup. Does anyone know when free boosted breeding ends?

AnnirasSweets
07-04-18, 02:32 PM
I would think we'd have it for a week since they also have the Diamond Temple on at half price and it lasts seven days. It would make sense if they both lasted the same amount of time but since none of us have seen a pop up on the subject we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Xyn25
07-04-18, 06:48 PM
I find it funny that every time I open the game I'm bombarded with pop-ups for every new dragon and everything imaginable but they neglect to share that the boosted breeding is free or that they've once more given us a quest for free Essence. Of course the quest starts the same day as a DT which means that you can do one or the other just like they did last month. I asked if this was an oversight or if it was intentionally done to encourage players to spend gold in order to speed up either their DT quests or the Essence Quest but I was naturally given no response other than them moving my thread discussing this. Apparently with this new schedule we're never going to get an Essence Quest during a week when it's actually feasible to complete it. It's all these little things that are really making me question my commitment to this game and more importantly the company behind it.

I noticed the same thing - now the Tales are on the first week of the month meaning the Essence quest is at the same time, which then means you get 0 essence, because you need to start questing with the Tales dragon asap to get all the items needed. This seriously feels like it's intentional, to make sure we get as little essence as possible.

CranberryMil
07-04-18, 08:06 PM
I noticed the same thing - now the Tales are on the first week of the month meaning the Essence quest is at the same time, which then means you get 0 essence, because you need to start questing with the Tales dragon asap to get all the items needed. This seriously feels like it's intentional, to make sure we get as little essence as possible.

-Use the Breed Bonus + Quest for Escence
-Complete the Tales

Choose one , forget the other one.

Enhaced breeding lowers the posibility of common dragons, then you have less chance of getting the mantarray dragon so you can not complete the tales event.
Questing for escene is 24 hours process, you need to complete the 3 hours quest 9 times the first 3 days, or you are not gonna make it.

Maybe Storm8 must add another 24 hours event that use, i dont know , Spell Shop ... no wait, there is the 24 hour keys ...

Tales is the hardest event in DS

glenngenius
07-04-18, 08:20 PM
Boosted breeding results:
1. Mythic/Familiar = Spell - great start since I can trade this for essence.
2. Mythic/Familiar = Genie - seriously? Common dragon while using boosted breeding? (-_-)
3. Virtue/Chronicler = Honeybee - another 40 essence!
4. Virtue/Chronicler = 5 hours. I'm pretty sure it's a Love Dragon (-_-)

I'm throwing different dragons in hopes of getting the rare dragons that I still need (medusa, honeysuckle, etc). Still thinking if I should activate the diamond temple and breeding roost for more chances of breeding while the boosted breed option is free.

So far, breeding trend for me is SR-C-SR-C. I wonder if I'll get another super rare next. Lol.

Edit: spent a couple of gold to speed breed and hatch while activating my 10x boosts and breeding roost. Lots of common and rare fails including neo bubbles, corals, 2x kite, 2x neverending and other blue-green/purple-green/yellow-red/purple-blue fails. On the other hand, I managed to breed a Cauldron dragon! (Yay, a new one!) Plus a couple of super rares for trading. (^^,)

FireballFarm
07-04-18, 08:40 PM
Woohoo! Finally got a Goblin. I KNOW!! Playing for 4 years and just now got my first Goblin. Crazy, right?
Still need an Illusion, too, so going for him next. Will worry about Mantaray after boosted breeding is over (stopping the Tales after Seafish, anyways).

A few hours later:

Omg, I just got Illusion!! FINALLY!
And now there's a 16 hour on the den that I'm really, really hoping is Tie Dye. It's probably another stinkin' Ambassador ... but hopefully the whole "things happen in groups of three" mojo will prevail.
Wow. I've been trying to breed these guys for years, especially Illusion. The number of times I've bred black x purple for the Peacock Bingo tasks is insane.

Update: 16 hr was Ambassador. Oh, well. Still stoked with Goblin and Illusion! Plus, the next breeding resulted in a nice, short Landworm for trading. Nice!

FireballFarm
07-04-18, 08:46 PM

I vote intentional, too. And, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if every Tales will now start with free boosted breeding and a new Essence quest. (then the Tales dragons needing to be raised to level 15 and level 14. Then, soon after, both needing to be raised to level 15. Just a hunch.)

rissah
07-04-18, 09:41 PM
It?s intentional and a gold grab, which have been so obvious lately I feel like they might already have plans to shutter this game and are just trying to get as much money as possible before that happens. It?s either that or the game makes so much money they don?t care about being obvious or treating their customers properly because the customers come back for more anyway.

rissah
07-04-18, 09:43 PM
I mean I know I complain about the game all the time but still throw money at it like an idiot. Im sure I?m not the only one.

Troyan7
07-04-18, 10:34 PM
Does boosted breeding help with diamond dragons as well?

AnnirasSweets
07-05-18, 08:07 AM
Does boosted breeding help with diamond dragons as well?

The only info I've ever seen about the Boosted Breeding says it increases the probability of getting Rare and Super Rare dragons. If you're looking to get diamond hybrids, you would need to use the Diamond Temple that's currently on sale. The Diamond Temple info card says "6x your chance to breed Diamond dragons for seven days!" I've used it before when it's been on sale and over the course of the seven days I usually get a handful of diamonds but I only use it when it's on sale as it's normally 600 gold to activate.

Mostreal
07-05-18, 08:13 AM
I just bred Gemstone/Banshee and used boosted breeding and got Atlantis (only 15 hour option)....not a new dragon but at least something I can get 40 essence for. I hemmed and hawed a bit because I need the common dragon for tales but didn't think that combo had much of a chance of getting me my Mantaray anyway.

Troyan7
07-05-18, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the anwser.

My next question is... if I activate Diamond temple now, should I use regular or boosted breeding to get diamond hybrids?

AnnirasSweets
07-05-18, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the anwser.

My next question is... if I activate Diamond temple now, should I use regular or boosted breeding to get diamond hybrids?

I can't honestly say if the boosted breeding would affect the Diamond Temple in any way as they're each meant to offer different benefits. In my opinion, the Diamond Temple will boost your chances of getting diamond hybrids and if you use the boosted breeding with it, it will mean that the dragons you get that aren't diamond hybrids should be better fails (less Commons) than if you didn't use the boost. As an example: I activated the temple when it went on sale while using the boosted breed and I've already gotten 3 diamond hybrids, 2 Super Rares, and a few Rares. Keep in mind I'm using both the Den and the Roost along with some bingo boosts to speed up breeding/hatching.

I vote intentional, too. And, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if every Tales will now start with free boosted breeding and a new Essence quest. (then the Tales dragons needing to be raised to level 15 and level 14. Then, soon after, both needing to be raised to level 15. Just a hunch.)

This is the second time they've started the Essence Quest and a new DT on the same day but I'll have to keep an eye out for any other simultaneous conflicting releases. I know that the Essence we get from the quest is negligibly but I think that might be part of the reason it ticks me off so badly. The fact that they're making it nearly impossible for anyone to receive such a pittance in free Essence makes them seem beyond petty. Just quit offering the quest if you don't want players to benefit from it instead of making it seem like they're offering the option to all and sundry but we chose not to utilize it.

Xyn25
07-05-18, 09:27 PM
Got a Freedom egg in the nest! I'm thinking on splurging on the diamond temple to keep trying for Prime Eternal...

Sugarcat5
07-05-18, 09:57 PM
I activated my diamond temple yesterday but haven't gotten any diamonds yet. I usually have really good luck with it and get several during the week it's active. Hopefully they show up soon:) it just sucks that it's taking away from me trying for mantaray.

Update: finally got a 41 hour timer which should be a ridgeback. Happy dance...dont have one of those yet!! I also got mantaray finally on main acct. Still have yet to get one on baby acct.

AnnirasSweets
07-06-18, 10:12 AM
I activated my diamond temple yesterday but haven't gotten any diamonds yet. I usually have really good luck with it and get several during the week it's active. Hopefully they show up soon:) it just sucks that it's taking away from me trying for mantaray.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I lucked out and got my Mantaray on try #4 before I activated the Temple and noticed the boosted breeding. I'm so used to ignoring the boosted breed that it takes a while before I notice when it's free, lol. As for the DT Common, I can never get it using the obvious (water+light this time) I only ever get it when I use unusual pairings, this time I used Lost Love and Devoted since the Valentine is neutralized during breeding and it's basically the same as breeding blue+white.

Phoenix406
07-06-18, 11:24 AM
I've only activated my Diamond temple 2x, and I only got 1 diamond type dragon from it, so I don't bother with it.

AnnirasSweets
07-06-18, 12:04 PM
Wow, I'm half wondering if the free boosted breeding was a mistake since it's over already! I went to go switch out my dragons this morning and saw that the boosted breeding was back to 12 gold and all the dragons that went on sale the 3rd are gone. Talk about a flash sale!

I was thinking we'd have the boosted breeding for at least 5 days but secretly I was hoping for a full 7.... shows what a chump I am. I had big plans on trying to see if the Honeycomb was really breedable (since the codex and market were once more conflicting) by using the free boost and if I didn't get it by the end I was going to buy it but everything left so quickly I didn't have the chance. Your loss s8!

rissah
07-06-18, 01:28 PM
Yeah the diamond temple might be a dud this time for me too. It was pretty good to me last time. This time I have two waters, a wizard, and what looks like a gemstone. Oh well, had to try. Hopefully it gets better!

SoJam
07-06-18, 02:07 PM
Does Diamond temple help to breed a Diamond Dragon (from 4 elements) or does it only help to breed diamond hybrids (with diamond element in at least one parent)?

Sugarcat5
07-06-18, 07:14 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I lucked out and got my Mantaray on try #4 before I activated the Temple and noticed the boosted breeding. I'm so used to ignoring the boosted breed that it takes a while before I notice when it's free, lol. As for the DT Common, I can never get it using the obvious (water+light this time) I only ever get it when I use unusual pairings, this time I used Lost Love and Devoted since the Valentine is neutralized during breeding and it's basically the same as breeding blue+white.

Thx....im gonna try ur combo for mantaray tomorrow:)

rissah
07-08-18, 06:44 AM
Got a winter rose which is good for trading, a mist and two Olympus dragons to add to my water dragons and wizard. I think it's safe to say I won't ever activate the diamond temple again. Never mind the diamond hybrids, that's just too many commons.