Spin to Win is back!!!!

Grand Prize: Seaglass Dragon

CranberryMil
07-03-18, 11:12 AM
Rolling:

250 000 silver pieces
Add reward: 2 x Royal Road (title decoration) :/
Add reward: Opps Please spin later < WAT
=___= i feel *****ed, i play the minigame of a guy that throws money to the dancers and get nothing for that.

2600 Food
\o/ yeiii

3 Maps
OTL

3 Maps again ...
?_?

2 x Royal Road
Casi que prefiero los mapas ...

250 000 silver pieces

This was disapointing u__U

cat_chick10
07-03-18, 11:26 AM
I already got a Sea dragon on the first try :)

Also I'm glad to see another Spin to Win. If I remember correctly, this is the first one since February!

kooky panda
07-03-18, 11:28 AM
I already got a Sea dragon on the first try :)

Also I'm glad to see another Spin to Win. If I remember correctly, this is the first one since February!

There was a lot of feedback of wanting this feature to return! Glad to see it back, too!

G4OU812
07-03-18, 11:53 AM
Got a Midnight dragon on first spin.

Xyn25
07-03-18, 04:05 PM
Woohoo! It's been a long time since we had one of these! Sped up a couple of times with the videos but so far I only got food (sorely needed after spending almost all I had to reach the final milestone) and coins.

Mostreal
07-03-18, 04:11 PM
I got one dragon once on spin to win so I'm meh about it. It was a nice dragon, but not the "grand prize" dragon. So nice, but not something for me to get to excited about.

FireballFarm
07-03-18, 04:56 PM
Seaglass isn't in the Codex. :(

I mean, he's listed in there but he can't be crafted. Sigh.

Also, what's up with the permanently breedable dragon on the Wheel? There was one last time, too, iirc. At least he's a super rare and can be traded for 40 Essence, I guess.

Phoenix406
07-03-18, 05:03 PM
I'm *really* glad that we are having a spin-to-win, too, and I hope they do one soon in FFS, also. *hint, hint* My older account got Seaglass on the first spin! :) My newer account got a sand castle decoration. :P No option to watch videos for additional spins has come up for me yet.

What are the other dragons?

FireballFarm
07-03-18, 05:27 PM
King, Midnight (breedable), Jack, and Sea.

I have Sea from before and she's one of my very favs. :)

Edit: Added a pic of Kairi, the Sea Dragon
(and I love Maturin, my Turtle Dragon, too.)

Xyn25
07-03-18, 05:50 PM

Also, what's up with the permanently breedable dragon on the Wheel? There was one last time, too, iirc. At least he's a super rare and can be traded for 40 Essence, I guess.

If you get it, keep it for a leaderboard and you'll get the extra points for hatching a super rare :)

FireballFarm
07-03-18, 06:09 PM
If you get it, keep it for a leaderboard and you'll get the extra points for hatching a super rare :)

Good thought, but I don't think you get the rarity bonus when you hatch a dragon from storage, only points for the hatch time. Unless they've changed it?

So far I've gotten a Midnight (of course), maps and coins. Expecting more maps and coins from the Murphy's Law Wheel of Maps and Coins.

FieldsLikeB
07-03-18, 08:24 PM
Can't believe I got Seaglass very pretty dragon.

AnnirasSweets
07-03-18, 09:26 PM

All dragons released since March 1, 2018 are in the Codex but aren't usable for disenchanting nor can they be crafted. I've asked and asked but was only ever answered once when I was told that 'some Dragons will not be available in the Codex. This is the intended design for those Dragons.' Since then not one single newly released dragon has been able to be used for the Codex system.

As for the STW returning, I'm very pleased to see it again but I really wish they'd return the original prize set ups where gold was an option. I'd much rather win a few gold than any amount of coins. Also they should really remove the decos from the wheel and have all the prizes be usable items like dragons, food, marble keys, etc. like they did before. I think I remember them offering bombs for mining and materials for the spell shop dragons. I really, really feel like decos should be market items only so that players who like them could buy however many they like instead of s8 constantly foisting decos as prizes to all players when 90% of players have no room to display said decos.

SoJam
07-03-18, 10:13 PM
I'm excited at the prospect of getting a dragon from the wheel. You'd think with 5 of them there, I might get ONE? Nope. Nothing but booby prizes like tiles after speeding the wheel several times already.
Must be a marketing gimmick to get players to look at commercials.

Jcp08
07-04-18, 05:34 AM
I have always had a problem with TS2W, maybe someone will have advice for me.... using several different andriod phones/tablets over the years only bout half of the times can i even get the wheel to actually spin. Ive tried stating to swipe at every angle, spinining n spiniing. Ill move my finger over the wheel for 5 minutes n it still wont spin without my finger. Its like it needs to catch at just the right spot n i cant find that spot. Its so frustrating that i just give up most times. Now ive won dragons several times but ive been playing for years n i used to play all day everyday so theres been alot of spins. Also think used to be easier. So if anyone has any tips for me theyd be greatly appreciated. Ty in advance!!

SoJam
07-04-18, 07:22 AM
I have always had a problem with TS2W, maybe someone will have advice for me.... using several different andriod phones/tablets over the years only bout half of the times can i even get the wheel to actually spin. Ive tried stating to swipe at every angle, spinining n spiniing. Ill move my finger over the wheel for 5 minutes n it still wont spin without my finger. Its like it needs to catch at just the right spot n i cant find that spot. Its so frustrating that i just give up most times. Now ive won dragons several times but ive been playing for years n i used to play all day everyday so theres been alot of spins. Also think used to be easier. So if anyone has any tips for me theyd be greatly appreciated. Ty in advance!!

It's downright wonky, and I've often wondered whether it is programmed to behave like an old (and possibly rigged) carnival wheel. It can be hard to get it started. Sometimes I put my finger in the prize display section and joggle it back and forth before giving it a swing. Sometimes I swipe along the golden rim. Sometimes I reverse the direction of my swipe. If it just won't spin, I sometimes close it then try again after a few minutes.
Having done that, the spinning itself is erratic. I've seen it speed up and slow down. I've even seen it stop on a nice prize then resume turning, only to land on some piece of krap. It's a fairly reliable source of cheap decorations that you don't have room for; a few coins here; a little food there. Meh.

skyharbor602
07-04-18, 08:07 AM
It's downright wonky, and I've often wondered whether it is programmed to behave like an old (and possibly rigged) carnival wheel. It can be hard to get it started. Sometimes I put my finger in the prize display section and joggle it back and forth before giving it a swing. Sometimes I swipe along the golden rim. Sometimes I reverse the direction of my swipe. If it just won't spin, I sometimes close it then try again after a few minutes.
Having done that, the spinning itself is erratic. I've seen it speed up and slow down. I've even seen it stop on a nice prize then resume turning, only to land on some piece of krap. It's a fairly reliable source of cheap decorations that you don't have room for; a few coins here; a little food there. Meh.

I know a little secret that has been posted on this forum before: We're not really spinning to win. The prize is predetermined before the wheel even stops if it works at all. It's a process just like breeding. Nonetheless, I love that the Spin To Win finally came back and it should be its own event as opposed to being put on top of another event. This could work as a break between Tales, Leaderboards and World Events and give us players a chance to play what Dragon Story is supposed to be about - breeding, growing food and battling.

glenngenius
07-04-18, 10:12 AM
Finally, Spin to Win is backkkk!!!

1st spin: maps. Ugh. (-_-)
2nd spin: sandcastle decor (-_-)
3rd spin: tiles. Ugh. (-_-)

I don't mind if I do not win any dragons in this wheel (I have all of them, except the grand prize) but I want to win food! (^^,)

CranberryMil
07-04-18, 11:10 AM

i dont know WHY THE CENTER BUTTON DONT WORK AS EXPECTED , it say "Spin" is red an is in the center, but you can not use it to spin the wheel

FireballFarm
07-04-18, 11:33 AM
Was just going to say the same thing!

In the two other games I play that have spin wheels, you can either tap a button (that says Spin) or spin it manually.
And I gotta say, neither of those games have ever had a problem with the wheel actually spinning, even when done manually.

rado_nik
07-04-18, 12:24 PM
I'm VERY disappointed. Few minutes ago I try to spin, but:
Opps Please spin later.
Close wheel.
Second try:
Opps Please spin later
Close wheel.
Next try:
!!!!!!:confused::mad::mad::mad:WHAT - NO MORE SPIN and I see timer 21:58:... to next free spin
I didn't spin now.
WHERE IS MY FREE SPIN

HelloUncertainty
07-04-18, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know what the other greenish/blue dragon is on the wheel?

AnnirasSweets
07-04-18, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know what the other greenish/blue dragon is on the wheel?

The dragons on the current wheel are: Seaglass, Sea, Jack, King and Midnight. Of those the greenish/blue dragons are Seaglass and Sea.

AwesomeChefDad
07-04-18, 03:18 PM
Tile tile coin tile map...sheesh you think that these dragons are ultra rare gold producing or something.

Xyn25
07-04-18, 06:55 PM
Good thought, but I don't think you get the rarity bonus when you hatch a dragon from storage, only points for the hatch time. Unless they've changed it?

So far I've gotten a Midnight (of course), maps and coins. Expecting more maps and coins from the Murphy's Law Wheel of Maps and Coins.

I believe the bonus works for dragons bought from the market, so I think it should work for dragons from storage too. Guess I'll check if I have any breedables in my storage and see what happens next leaderboard :P

HelloUncertainty
07-04-18, 10:29 PM
The dragons on the current wheel are: Seaglass, Sea, Jack, King and Midnight. Of those the greenish/blue dragons are Seaglass and Sea.

Sea. That is the one I was talking about. Thank you.

skyharbor602
07-04-18, 11:04 PM
Sea Dragon (in a tie with Polynesian) is my best tropic type fighter. It's a great catch if you win it. Jack, King and Midnight are no slackers either.

AwesomeChefDad
07-05-18, 05:41 PM
Day 3 spin to win, day three of garbage....same repeated garbage. Castle, tile, castle, tile, coins just the same repeated junk.

Phoenix406
07-05-18, 06:20 PM
King, Midnight (breedable), Jack, and Sea.

I have Sea from before and she's one of my very favs. :)

Edit: Added a pic of Kairi, the Sea Dragon
(and I love Maturin, my Turtle Dragon, too.)

Thank you for the info! I like Kairi, and I just managed to spin for a Sea Dragon, so one day I will get to hatch her and have one gracing my island as well! I also got the Seaglass, which I am very excited about.

Phoenix406
07-05-18, 06:25 PM
I believe the bonus works for dragons bought from the market, so I think it should work for dragons from storage too. Guess I'll check if I have any breedables in my storage and see what happens next leaderboard :P

I believe it should work, too. The bonus is received when we hatch the dragon, not when we transfer it from the breeding den to the nest.

cng500
07-05-18, 07:22 PM
what makes sea glass a favourite?
does it do battle well?
does it breed well?

cat_chick10
07-05-18, 07:38 PM
does it do battle well?
does it breed well?

I think it's new, so people want it because of that?

Sugarcat5
07-05-18, 10:05 PM
U would think with 5 dragons on the wheel, that getting a dragon from a spin would be more likely...but noooo...just getting everything else instead including the stupid USELESS Coins.

Update...just got a dragon on the wheel but....its midnight which I already have on both accounts. At least I can get essence from it.

FireballFarm
07-05-18, 11:00 PM

Mmhmm.

Coincidentally, I just bred one a couple days ago. Traded my existing Midnight and leveled the new one up to 4 right away.
Spin to Win started right after he went back to his habitat. Got one from the Wheel.
So, traded the newly bred one that had just been leveled to 4.
In the time it took to trade him, I won two more Midnights.

I don't think I'll be getting a Seaglass.:( But, 160 Essence from Midnights isn't too shabby-- at least they weren't more tiles and coins! :D

FireballFarm
07-06-18, 12:07 AM
does it do battle well?
does it breed well?

I like him cuz he's pretty. :)

I'd never use him for breeding, though. Purple/green/tropic as a parent has way too many bad, long fails. The tropic type can split into red and blue. So, even the simplest combo (Seaglass x Forest) has 40 possible outcomes, including all of these guys with long breeding times:

blue/greens (Island, Holographic, Waverider)
purple/greens (Poison, Spell)
red/purples (Charm, Titan, Planet) shoot me now.
blue/purples (Penumbra, Wizard) ugh.
red/blue (Lunar Ram, Athletic) I just hate these two. They might as well be classified as commons.
And, of course, everyone's favorite super common: Neo Bubble. -_-

Yuck. No matter what dragon you are trying to breed for, there is a better combo- meaning any combo that does not include Seaglass. :D

He's nothing special for battling, either.

But, he's pretty!

SoJam
07-06-18, 02:19 PM
I'm VERY disappointed. Few minutes ago I try to spin, but:
Opps Please spin later.
Close wheel.
Second try:
Opps Please spin later
Close wheel.
Next try:
!!!!!!:confused::mad::mad::mad:WHAT - NO MORE SPIN and I see timer 21:58:... to next free spin
I didn't spin now.
WHERE IS MY FREE SPIN

Same thing happened to me. It is so cruel, especially after speeding the wheel.

But it gets worse. On my second account, the wheel finally spun after some jiggling and joggling. Then it WOULDN'T STOP SPINNING! I went to the supermarket and came back to find it STILL SPINNING. Eventually the game crashed. When I relaunched, the 22-hour timer had been activated; no prize; no free spin.

G4OU812
07-06-18, 03:57 PM

Mmhmm.

Coincidentally, I just bred one a couple days ago. Traded my existing Midnight and leveled the new one up to 4 right away.
Spin to Win started right after he went back to his habitat. Got one from the Wheel.
So, traded the newly bred one that had just been leveled to 4.
In the time it took to trade him, I won two more Midnights.

I don't think I'll be getting a Seaglass.:( But, 160 Essence from Midnights isn't too shabby-- at least they weren't more tiles and coins! :D

Currently have 3 Midnight dragons from Spin to Win also. Coins and decorations a plenty too.

random59
07-07-18, 05:24 AM
For once been lucky and I have spun up 2600, 5200, 2600 Food, Tiles..nah, coins.. nah and Seaglass, more food and I will be very happy!

Storiza
07-07-18, 07:52 AM
I finally got the wheel to work and won the Seaglass Dragon. It gave me some apples afterwards as some extra gift. When I went to find it in storage it was not there. I do have another egg in my nest. Am I missing something? Will it show up later or someplace else?

pod5124cra
07-08-18, 07:30 AM
To bad they always seem to have boring long wait times. 20 hours is far to long for anything in this game.

kooky panda
07-08-18, 09:35 AM
I finally got the wheel to work and won the Seaglass Dragon. It gave me some apples afterwards as some extra gift. When I went to find it in storage it was not there. I do have another egg in my nest. Am I missing something? Will it show up later or someplace else?
Try force closing your game.

All try hitting the "ALL" button when in storage to see if it is there.

You should not of received extra apples. Sometimes you may see it hit one area, but it may move to another spot.
To be sure you did win the dragon, you can submit a support ticket an an agent can check your game.

See support link in my signature.

AnnirasSweets
07-08-18, 03:05 PM
Well I won the Seaglass dragon just before the end of the wheel which is good because I now have a new dragon to check off my list. Buuuutttttt it's only a Rare? I don't know why I didn't realize this before, I probably wouldn't have wasted my videos on extra spins when I could've used them for the tourney if I'd known this. Oh, well I guess I'll know next time to be more discerning.

Storiza
07-08-18, 09:16 PM
Thanks for replying. I have sent in support ticket, so they can take a look at it. I'll let you know what happens:)