PDA

View Full Version : All Items Selling in an Instant after Connection Droping

deadpixel
04-03-11, 01:00 AM
I had about 8,000 different items, clothings, handbags and accessories all prepared for a grand opening; I was all smiles and feeling really good and went ahead to open the door. As expected, there was a huge rush of customers eager to grab the staff up on sale and I was enjoying myself watching them when the "Oh Darn" online whatever message appeared.

Unfazed, I tapped the "Try Again" button. The shop came back into view and my heart stopped ... there was absolutely nothing on the display counters and racks!!!!! :mad:

Sure, I received 20,000+ coins for all the items but WHAT IS THE USE OF THAT?? If all I wanted was to watch coin numbers increase I'd have gotten myself a job at the bank watching the coin counting machine. Hey, there's an idea for the next Story game, "Bank Coin Counter Story", where all you need is to start the game and you'd see the coin count jump up.

From Restaurant Story (RS) to Bakery Story (BS), now in Fashion Story (FhS)???

I'm curious why this same bug that existed in the early releases of RS and BS is still found in FhS? I would have thought that after learning from RS and BS such a serious bug would no longer exist in your later games.

Please, please forward this message to your programmers, to both those working on the client-side as well as the server-side apps:

Fix the sync issues that occur after a drop in connection so that it doesn't wipe out every item that has been painstakingly prepared/ordered; payment in e-Coin really doesn't make up for the time we put in to wait for the food preparation and clothing orders because the coins are not worth the sense of satisfaction we would get from watching the food/fashion items consumed normally.

deadpixel
04-03-11, 03:38 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that the shop would look absolutely ridiculous when my neighbors come visiting when, because of this bug, all racks and counters are empty; not to mention the fact that I would have a dozen empty racks and counters that CANNOT be "LIKED" so I'd only end up getting messages that say "Nothing to like" with no XP and coins.

deadpixel
04-05-11, 01:42 AM
It's happened again, 10,000+ items gone in a blink of an eye.

This time round, there wasn't even a connection issue; I cold started the game, after shutting it down for about 10 minutes, and all my racks and counters, which were all full 10 minutes ago, were all empty.

Please fix this sync bug! It's been around since Restaurant Story. If I'd left such a bug in the applications I developed, I'd have been fired.

Rockinkitten
04-05-11, 05:25 AM
I think they shold give us all free gems because we are in affect testing these apps for them!
Looks like they have not been tested much at all before release...

Rockinkitten
04-08-11, 02:04 AM
It just happened to me too.... I did not get the money though.

deadpixel
04-08-11, 07:12 AM
It just happened to me too.... I did not get the money though.

OUCH!!

That's really adding injure to insult! (The inversion is intended)

GroupMagma
04-08-11, 09:49 AM
This is a known issue that our engineering team is hard at work on. We appreciate your patience. For assistance specific to your account, please contact support@teamlava.com