PDA

View Full Version : What is the stupidest thing you have ever done in DS

belbar22
06-20-18, 01:04 PM
I have just sped up a fire dragon on my nest!!!! What was I thinking!!!!

DR0G0N
06-20-18, 07:14 PM
I tried to forget about it, but since you brought up the question...I accidentally speed up impruberries.

Yup, impruberries...out of all the foods, impruberries, I can't wait for 30 seconds....

Another stupid things I've done is purchasing I think a $2.99 Value Pack for Playful and never really use it...I heard it's a great fighter...but then S8 decides to bring it back for free in the leaderboard milestone...

Another one is purchasing Rainbow Sentinel for $15 Value Pack, and then they bring out Glasswing which is a ultra rare and same typing for free and also Neo Glasswing... (however, RS did do a great job before Glasswing was introduced, so I wasn't too heartbroken, he put up a good fight before his early retirement)

Lastly, spending maybe more than 300 golds on Mithrill to finish mining before he leaves the mine (was on vacation so no time to collect bombs or mine)...and not really use him since there was really no need...and once again they brought it back to the mine...for free...

So yea...most of the stuff I bought is pretty much down the drain since they just bring them back. So yup, haven't really buy jack afterward...

Mostreal
06-21-18, 08:21 AM
Speeding up impruberries! and I get upset when my fingers are faster than my phone and I accidentally speed up my regular Upgrapes farming.

My biggest upset was probably a community event way back in the winter. I was very busy with a work trip so I didn't have as much time to play, required a LOT of strategy but I was still surprised I didn't even have 2K close to the end of the time. What did I miss? Oh, I never brought out the point producing decoration....I ended up using gold to get over 2K to get the community prizes but I missed something like 300 "free" points from the decoration!

That was a comical series of events that included dropping my phone, fumbling to pick it up and somehow hitting the right spots, to include watching my thumb hit the confirmation button for buying coins while I was fumbling.

Athabasca55
06-23-18, 03:25 PM
Using up my last island space and closing off the mine after repeatedly reading, don’t use your last island space or your mine will close. Yeah, smh. Sigh.

AnnirasSweets
06-23-18, 06:40 PM
Well, just this morning during my first log in of the day I was still half asleep and nearly dropped my phone. Luckily I caught it before it landed in my coffee but once I righted the phone completely I realized I'd just wasted 250 gold on friggin' coins. COINS! Of which I already have over a billion and could not possibly need more. I just can't even with these games and the lack of a confirmation button. Makes me wanna pull out my hair.

AwesomeChefDad
06-24-18, 07:04 AM
Using money to buy gold...that was a short term decision which was pretty stupid.

Nuicakes
06-24-18, 09:11 AM
"What is the stupist thing you have ever done in DS?"

Hmmm... how much can I write?

* Trying to plant quickly but accidentally pay gold on a crop.

* Not knowing about Mining until I was level 77. (Bomb shaft opens level 45, Dynamite opens level 80)

* Press bingo task and start quest ... then realize that the bingo task didn't register.

* Accidentally clear foliage before using bingo task.

* When I started this game I sold all dragons that I didn't like. Months later I'm kicking myself because I needed Athletic and March Mayhem.

* Or I didn't bother with an event or tournament because I didn't like the dragons.

* Most recent, wasting so many speed boosts because I didn't know that you can't have more than 8 in inventory.

Ilsadrago
06-26-18, 12:06 PM
Besides accidentally buying coins and food with gold, and accidentally selling dragons off the nest (playing while distracted and in a hurry)? I activate farming boosts and forget to harvest and replant! Also I forget to collect gold after 12 hours from my treasure habitat with 2 GPD. As my gold collection time progresses towards bedtime, I eventually end up falling asleep without collecting my 35 gold for the day. I've probably lost 500 gold doing this!

FireballFarm
06-26-18, 06:20 PM
Despite previously vowing to never spend money on this game again, after many, many, many fails, I caved and bought $7 worth of gold to speed breed for the "common" Party Dragon. I needed it to continue that Tales, and I really, really wanted to be able to craft the Supreme Dragon with the Tales token. Spent all the gold on speed breeding, still didn't get a Party. It was a complete waste of time and money. It was so disappointing and absurd, and I was so angry, my play time has gone down considerably since that incident.

Even worse, afterwards I realized it would have cost less gold to just skip the tasks that required the Party Dragon. Had I done that, I would have been able to finish the Tales and get my Supreme.

random59
07-04-18, 02:17 AM
Mine was a huge mistake of trying to exit all these little pop ups and ended up buying silver coins, as if, i already had 2.5 billion so why would I need to buy more! Luckily I managed to get my gold back!

It will never happen again!

deadpixel
07-04-18, 02:22 AM
Spending 600 Gold to speed breed a dragon that only cost 200 gold.

belbar22
07-05-18, 10:08 AM
Spending 600 Gold to speed breed a dragon that only cost 200 gold.

I've done similar.... and I never even got the dragon!!!

Phaedrakiki
07-05-18, 04:53 PM
Been playing a long time, and I've done every one of the things posted here! You think I'd learn, but I keep messing up while playing sleepy or in a hurry. A confirmation button would save us all a lot of grief & money. But if course, if we save money, "they" lose it...

Another thing I've done: Spend lots of gold throughout an event--and then not do the final step in time to get the grand prize. This has happened a few times in DS, FFS, & CS. When I'm busy, I'll forget my "deadline" and miss out on the final dragon (animal.) Such a waste of gold. And it's sometimes heartbreaking, too!

AnnirasSweets
07-05-18, 05:55 PM
Been playing a long time, and I've done every one of the things posted here! You think I'd learn, but I keep messing up while playing sleepy or in a hurry. A confirmation button would save us all a lot of grief & money. But if course, if we save money, "they" lose it...

Another thing I've done: Spend lots of gold throughout an event--and then not do the final step in time to get the grand prize. This has happened a few times in DS, FFS, & CS. When I'm busy, I'll forget my "deadline" and miss out on the final dragon (animal.) Such a waste of gold. And it's sometimes heartbreaking, too!

That's the worst! After so many years, I'm pretty sure that's happened to all of us at some point. There's no worse feeling than the moment you remember, "Oh no! Wasn't the event in so-and-so meant to end soon?" before scrambling for your closest device, opening the game then seeing you missed it.

Between the possibility of forgetting and the fact that several events over the last year have had some major glitches on the final day (especially the last few hours) I always try to finish events half a to a full day before they're set to end. I realize it's not always possible with certain events but finishing early when possible has helped me avoid the issues often faced in those final hours such as: materials no longer dropping, mysteriously disappearing crafts, forgetting the deadline and the always awful occurrence of events ending prematurely.

cng500
07-06-18, 10:56 AM
I hear you and many others with this - It may be a stupid move - but I am very frustrated with S8 response on it. All other actions require a confirmation WHY would spending the hardest commodity to gain not also have to have the confirmation step. If S8 is watching - please take note - the patronizing conversation rebutt that they will allow one per lifetime reversal of lost gold via accidental or other purchase is just that - patronizing. Just because us players have put up with it is a negative facet to the game.

Phoenix406
07-06-18, 11:26 AM
Using up my last island space and closing off the mine after repeatedly reading, don?t use your last island space or your mine will close. Yeah, smh. Sigh.

Me, too. Womp, womp!

Phoenix406
07-06-18, 11:30 AM
I'll take "downloading the game in the first place for $500," Alex. Ha hA!

I do enjoy my game, but it has been a major time and money suck. I should take up something healthier, like getting off the couch once in a while.

Yeah, I totally hate it when I accidentally speed up crops like impruberries or firapples.

dtduygu
07-06-18, 03:25 PM
I did many many since I am a lonnggg time player,these are the ones I remember��
Buying my millionth firestorm dragon while searching the market for something else
Crafting my 3rd gladiator dragon with like 500 gold while looking in the craft shop for something else
Buying a gingerbread dragon for over 1000 gold while trying to close the pop ups after a bad night sleep
Upgrading a habitat accidentally for 500 gold
Speeding up farms by accidentally hitting finish button
Speeding up unnecessary eggs by hitting finish button accidentally
Speeding up expanding with like 800 golds of course accidentally
Buying food for gold accidentally by hitting the top of the screen while looking somewhere else than my device screen
Buying the dragons(more than 10) with normal price after limited time breedings and not breeding them,then seeing them in the market for %90 discounted
Trading dragons that I only have one
Should I keep writing?
The worst thing is I am still playing ��

Phaedrakiki
07-07-18, 12:16 PM
I did many many since I am a lonnggg time player,these are (...)
Should I keep writing?
The worst thing is I am still playing ��
Oh, wow! You have had some expensive "accidents." I've only had a few of the ones in the "hundreds of gold," because I don't keep large amounts on hand. I know if I have it, I will accidentally tap on coins or food or something (always do--need CONFIRM button!!!) and then it's gone. So if I'm buying something that requires lots of gold, I buy it right before purchasing. Saves me a little bit of heartache. However, there's not always a gold sale, so this method can be expensive. But I've wasted so much gold doing all those accidental taps (in 3, used to be 4, S8 games) that it's worth it to me.

I agree, that "one time only" reversal is a ridiculous policy. Maybe once a year, but less than that is just rude to those who stick with their games. I've been playing a very long time, and used up my reversal years ago. And I used it on a small purchase--shortly after that I wasted 500 gold and that's when I discovered the "once in a lifetime" policy. I was heartbroken! But I've done it countless times since. And keep playing! What the heck is wrong with me to put up with this?

Phaedrakiki
07-07-18, 12:18 PM
I'll take "downloading the game in the first place for $500," Alex. Ha hA!

I do enjoy my game, but it has been a major time and money suck.
(...)
Lol! And "ditto" that!

Phaedrakiki
07-07-18, 12:19 PM
I hear you and many others with this - It may be a stupid move - but I am very frustrated with S8 response on it. All other actions require a confirmation WHY would spending the hardest commodity to gain not also have to have the confirmation step. If S8 is watching - please take note - the patronizing conversation rebutt that they will allow one per lifetime reversal of lost gold via accidental or other purchase is just that - patronizing. Just because us players have put up with it is a negative facet to the game.
So true! Hear, hear!

Phaedrakiki
07-07-18, 12:24 PM
That's the worst! After so many years, I'm pretty sure that's happened to all of us at some point. There's no worse feeling than the moment you remember, "Oh no! Wasn't the event in so-and-so meant to end soon?" before scrambling for your closest device, opening the game then seeing you missed it.

Between the possibility of forgetting and the fact that several events over the last year have had some major glitches on the final day (especially the last few hours) I always try to finish events half a to a full day before they're set to end. I realize it's not always possible with certain events but finishing early when possible has helped me avoid the issues often faced in those final hours such as: materials no longer dropping, mysteriously disappearing crafts, forgetting the deadline and the always awful occurrence of events ending prematurely.
Very good tip! I'm busy and unorganized (a bad combo!) So the likelihood of me being able to do this is small. But I should definitely shoot for it, because those things do happen all the time. Actually, the glitches can work in your favor, if you forget or whatever. Because the blame is partly theirs, support is more likely to help you out. You can always ask, anyway...