PDA

View Full Version : Prize Videos Causing Game Crash

AnnirasSweets
06-17-18, 12:29 PM
I'm lucky enough to have the daily videos on offer, not the ones for free gold, the ones where you have the option to win one of two known prizes or the mystery prize. Over the last week, there are certain videos that are causing my game to crash. It's not just CS, it's also happening in DS with the same videos.

What happens is this: I click the button to watch a video, the video plays in it's entirety but instead of showing me my prize it automatically goes back to a view of my kingdom (always the lower left corner) and the screen is completely blank with no buttons visible (screen cap below). Though the animations remain, I can't do anything - not even scroll across the screen. The only thing I can do is force close the game and once it restarts it's as if the video never played.

I know it's not on my end because it's the same ads that cause this exact issue each and every time they play, in all s8 games that have them. So far I've found 2 ads that cause this: Fishdom and another (some kingdom fighting game) I missed the name of. Now, I realize that these videos are a bonus and that I'm not actually losing anything but these videos that crash are showing up the most in my rotation. Today alone I've gotten the Fishdom ad 12 times...That's 12 times I've sat through the entire ad only to have to force close and restart and try again with the hopes of getting a working ad...I don't think I should have to waste 30 minutes to get the free prize due to these issues.

Please, please, please can somebody flag this video to be removed?

PikaSquirrel
06-18-18, 11:03 AM
Can you submit a request through the Request Form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and make sure you include the name of the ad and a screenshot of the ad?

AnnirasSweets
06-18-18, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm off to do this now.