Habitat: Gemstone Prairie, Elemental Plane, Green Grove
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 900 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 14 hours
Exp Gained: 975

random59
06-12-18, 12:25 PM
Well this gives me the chance to sit back and grow food, I have been unlucky enough to land in the group with the winner of the last global leaderboard! This player is either at work or sleeping as there is no score attached to the name!

1st in my group is already off and running with multiple thousands with me at about 200.

Did like the look of this dragon but it is not to be.

For those really playing good luck, don’t even know if I will try for the Milestone dragon!

cat_chick10
06-12-18, 12:29 PM
I'm happy that I don't have any of the milestone dragons this time :)

skyharbor602
06-12-18, 01:23 PM
Really? The Leaderboard milestone points still haven't changed since the fiasco a couple of months ago when it was ended all of a sudden and we got the Stormie Dragon as a result? The points should be reduced for a 7 day event. You still have the points as if it were a 10 day event. You already threw in a Global Leaderboard and I'm pretty sure a lot of money is made from that but why slap casual players in the face by forcing them to spend gold to get normal milestones. That's just bad business and turns people off.

random59
06-12-18, 01:46 PM
Really? The Leaderboard milestone points still haven't changed since the fiasco a couple of months ago when it was ended all of a sudden and we got the Stormie Dragon as a result? The points should be reduced for a 7 day event. You still have the points as if it were a 10 day event. You already threw in a Global Leaderboard and I'm pretty sure a lot of money is made from that but why slap casual players in the face by forcing them to spend gold to get normal milestones. That's just bad business and turns people off.

Totally agree, can’t see me getting the last milestone as not wasting my boosts, would rather grow food.

The only new dragons that have introduced for breeding and the Neo Zodiacs, all others are event based!

So I am playing for Bingo, Mining & Arena Dragons and tradables for disenchantment.

The fun has gone out of this game!

CranberryMil
06-12-18, 01:52 PM
Hidden Gem Dragon looks god , but 6200 points is too much .

Alexandrite is outside of my reach too, there is a person with 1000 points in 5 hours. #FML

kooky panda
06-12-18, 02:39 PM
I usually do not win, but the Leaderboard is helpful in getting the sapphires for the Bright Diamond Dragon. :)

random59
06-12-18, 03:21 PM
I usually do not win, but the Leaderboard is helpful in getting the sapphires for the Bright Diamond Dragon. :)

I notice there are lot more sapphire shards up for grabs, and not for the last tournament, bit suss if you ask me!

ozigal
06-12-18, 03:40 PM
I notice there are lot more sapphire shards up for grabs, and not for the last tournament, but suss if you ask me!
I hear you random59. If you don't play or pay you don't get the shards. They are getting good at tying it all together but that's not working for me. The LB will have to go on without me lol I'll sit and watch. GL to those trying.

The1stCaretaker
06-12-18, 04:39 PM
Well what's the point anyway? If you do actually play this game hard core and collect all the dragons there is not, and apparently never going to be enough space to to place them on your island. The land and habitat size they give us is never going to cut it. Guess only people who spend no money should play this game because only they can comfortably play and hatch dragons. Who cares about us spenders supporting their income

bozotc19
06-12-18, 05:04 PM

Absolutely right. I will not waste my time working towards dragons that cannot be won. If s8 plays this game this way, then I?m out! Milestone dragons are repeats which I have. Storm8, you?re making it awfully easy to quit this game! I?m fed up.

is109
06-12-18, 06:01 PM
If you?re gonna change the time for the event, at least lower the amount of points needed for each dragon and an equal adjustment from 11 days to 7 days
7,200 should be adjusted to 4,580 (4,600 if rounded)
6,200 should be adjusted to 3,940 (3,900 if rounded)
5,500 should be adjusted to 3,500
2,800 should be adjusted to 1,780 (1,800 if rounded)
Leaderboards used to be my favorite event, as I got at least 4 dragons. Leaderboards are now my least favorite event because now I only get 1 dragon.

AnnirasSweets
06-12-18, 06:36 PM

Absolutely agree with you on this, the numbers are outrageous and that's coming from a level 200 player who's been active since 2012. If the long timer players struggle to reach the final milestone what hope is there for the newbies? Y'know the ones that, in theory, s8 should be trying to entice into playing more? If the game isn't geared toward newbies or long timers then who is it geared toward? I would say it's geared toward those who spend but I don't even think that's true anymore what with the habitat and space issues. I genuinely have no idea who they're making these events for or why they stick so persistently with set ups that don't work for the vast majority of players. It boggles the mind.

Personally, I'm upset because for the first time in ages I don't have the milestones (they were released while I was sitting out a few months due to frustration) and would actually like to receive them but I'm not going to spend a bazillion in gold to get them. I'll try to play as I normally do and see where that gets me but I have a hard and fast rule to never spend more than 200 on any one dragon and I doubt that will be enough. I think I still have some boosts so hopefully between those and hatching/feeding some storage dragons will get me through.

glenngenius
06-13-18, 02:28 AM
Swamp dragon! Yassss! S8 should do it with other Spin to Win dragons so everyone will have the chance to get them! (^^,)

glenngenius
06-13-18, 02:32 AM

Yes! I will play for the Sapphire Shards, not for the milestones (except Swamp Dragon, hehe). Not that much interested in the prize dragons, though.

ksbmommy
06-13-18, 06:00 AM
I don't have the milestone dragons so I'm playing for those. And the shards.

This is going to take gold or boosts to complete without the isles counting. I'm kicking myself, i should have done "regular play" until the last day to see jus how short I would be Next LB I'll try that.

Mostreal
06-13-18, 08:32 AM
I don't have the milestone dragons so I'm playing for those. And the shards.

This is going to take gold or boosts to complete without the isles counting. I'm kicking myself, i should have done "regular play" until the last day to see jus how short I would be Next LB I'll try that.

Going from memory, I was about halfway through the points (so about 3600 points) on the last day before I used a boost. Now that is with me 'hoarding' food. I feed sparingly for the first several days until the boost sale and set up evolving/nest/breeding (as much as I can) for maximum boost effectiveness. So, if someone were feeding regularly, they may be a bit higher but I'm not sure.

Also, I doubt I will get the prize dragon - but I think I've gotten maybe 2 prize dragons in my 2 years of being back at the game. In some ways the game is better than when it first came out and all there was was clearing islands, buying habitats, and breeding/raising dragons. Recently, they are starting to make the game much harder. When leaderboard was 10 days, it was a nice relaxing time to get some prizes - I didn't have to worry about constantly evolvin/breeding/hatching to reach each milestone. I never really competed for the prize dragons but could get all the milestones. Now, it is a bit harder but "doable" (at least with one 2x boost it is). I hope they don't keep making it harder.

ksbmommy
06-13-18, 09:12 AM
Going from memory, I was about halfway through the points (so about 3600 points) on the last day before I used a boost. Now that is with me 'hoarding' food. I feed sparingly for the first several days until the boost sale and set up evolving/nest/breeding (as much as I can) for maximum boost effectiveness. So, if someone were feeding regularly, they may be a bit higher but I'm not sure.

Also, I doubt I will get the prize dragon - but I think I've gotten maybe 2 prize dragons in my 2 years of being back at the game. In some ways the game is better than when it first came out and all there was was clearing islands, buying habitats, and breeding/raising dragons. Recently, they are starting to make the game much harder. When leaderboard was 10 days, it was a nice relaxing time to get some prizes - I didn't have to worry about constantly evolvin/breeding/hatching to reach each milestone. I never really competed for the prize dragons but could get all the milestones. Now, it is a bit harder but "doable" (at least with one 2x boost it is). I hope they don't keep making it harder.

I'm sitting around 50th globally, it won't last, I tend to start fast and work for the milestones and the whatever happens at the end so be it. I used a boost and a food to get a lot of points leveling up my Mithril to a 14. I'm just about 1/2 way to all the milestones. I will be focusing time on bingo for a few to stock up on boosts for future events........

It's getting almost too hard, even with gold. I don't mind spending small quantities of it for events BUT ALL milestone type prizes should be available to everyone willing to work hard at it for free. They should calculate the milestones off of max number of nests, dens, evolution temples operating at 24/7 plus a small multiplier for the rare/super/ultra bonuses. Make the math work for free but you'll be working hard without gold. It would probably encourage gold spend due to so many people getting so close. Again, the one company that can't figure out how that lowering prices and goal requirements will encourage more gold spend and profitability - someone is really bad at math.......

skyharbor602
06-13-18, 11:14 AM
If you?re gonna change the time for the event, at least lower the amount of points needed for each dragon and an equal adjustment from 11 days to 7 days
7,200 should be adjusted to 4,580 (4,600 if rounded)
6,200 should be adjusted to 3,940 (3,900 if rounded)
5,500 should be adjusted to 3,500
2,800 should be adjusted to 1,780 (1,800 if rounded)
Leaderboards used to be my favorite event, as I got at least 4 dragons. Leaderboards are now my least favorite event because now I only get 1 dragon.

Storm8, I hope you're listening to this suggestion because it makes sense.

CranberryMil
06-13-18, 11:38 AM
It's getting almost too hard, even with gold. I don't mind spending small quantities of it for events BUT ALL milestone type prizes should be available to everyone willing to work hard at it for free. They should calculate the milestones off of max number of nests, dens, evolution temples operating at 24/7 plus a small multiplier for the rare/super/ultra bonuses. Make the math work for free but you'll be working hard without gold. It would probably encourage gold spend due to so many people getting so close. Again, the one company that can't figure out how that lowering prices and goal requirements will encourage more gold spend and profitability - someone is really bad at math.......

This, actually even if you work hard , you can only get the first prize.

And , because the shards prizes are tied with all milestones, if you loss this event, you automatically lost the monthly dragon.

2nd day: first 10 players 2200+ points

me? 670 points

it appears win the tournaments and tales makes you "rank" high enought to be put with gold spenders with 5 nest

random59
06-15-18, 02:07 AM
Why, I have to ask am I playing these leaderboard events?

I spent 15 gold in the last leaderboard mainly for Bingo and finished 1st. Now I am in the mix with the winner of the last Global and another player who is already plus 10,000! The actions of these 2 players just make this another huge turnoff of this game!

I have been saying for the past 2 months, that the game has nothing for left to play for. It used to be fun and now it is being used as a Cash Cow for the developers, discounts monthly - even though they are posted as sales!

Heaps of my neighbours have thrown this game to the trash heap and I can see why!

cherrycastleorchard
06-15-18, 11:02 PM
Where is the crystal habitat that pops up on my game, it is not in the shop?

AnnirasSweets
06-16-18, 09:45 AM

I know, right?! I keep getting it (the pop up) too and it's driving me bonkers, I posted it in the bugs thread and included a pic of the pop up hoping someone will see it and deal with it. I thought it was just me though since no one else mentioned it. I like the look of the habitat and each time I get the pop up, I open the market to see how many dragons it holds but it's never there, which is supremely frustrating. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

kooky panda
06-16-18, 12:31 PM
The missing habitat has been reported.

See thread:

New Habitat - Not in Market (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104968-New-Habitat-Not-in-Market)

cherrycastleorchard
06-16-18, 06:57 PM
The missing habitat has been reported.

See thread:

New Habitat - Not in Market (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104968-New-Habitat-Not-in-Market)

Thankyou

AwesomeChefDad
06-18-18, 06:33 PM
I'm playing the same way I have previous and on the last several I got to the end prize but on this one I am barely midway and might not even get to the second dragon prize. I use the same technique of two breeding, two evolving four full nests all that...I wont spend gold except for the second breeding.

Looks like I'll finish in the top 10 in my group and not get to the finish which means I miss out on the near impossible Diamond monthly dragon too.

chuckyt888
06-18-18, 08:16 PM
I?m guessing I?m probably like a lot of you. We?ve given them our feedback. I?ve reached the point of not caring anymore. No place to put the dragons anyway. I?m not spending 100?s of gold on every single event in order to finish it. Sick of using food on dragons they are making us feed for events. It?s absolutely ridiculous. Now it seems the monthly dragons require completion of the events. Good. I?ll be freed up from those too.

They?ll get the hint when their player base is lost. Oh wait....

ozigal
06-18-18, 11:23 PM
I've only gathered 5500 points this time around so I also will miss out on a heap of shards for the monthly dragon. I look at the global leaders and wonder how they do it, specially one of them that were in the top 3 last time. I am low on food just getting to where I am. 'Tis interesting watching it unfold.

fabsbygabby
06-19-18, 07:31 AM
Well it doesn't look like I will get the last dragon this time. My spin to win works very little and mostly get 25 points when it does work.

CranberryMil
06-19-18, 10:30 AM
This, actually even if you work hard , you can only get the first prize.

And , because the shards prizes are tied with all milestones, if you loss this event, you automatically lost the monthly dragon.

2nd day: first 10 players 2200+ points

me? 670 points

it appears win the tournaments and tales makes you "rank" high enought to be put with gold spenders with 5 nest

Well, the good news is that the roulette give much more points if you are 3k behind the first place , so i get the first dragon tih roulette points and spend my food on getting the Hidden Gem Dragon

amerirish
06-19-18, 10:42 AM
Not exaggerating at all here: I needed to use over 400,000 apples to get the last dragon :( I had over a million food when this event started I now have just over 600k

Mostreal
06-19-18, 10:43 AM
I'm bummed, we were working on a tie and someone jumped ahead of a bunch of people at the last minute. It was a bit of an odd chance, but two were in 1st and myself and someone else were tied behind them so I was hoping that would count as 2nd instead of third but in the last seconds of time someone jumped ahead to end 1K points ahead of the people in 1st and knocked us all down. On the plus side, at least in theory the tie concept works. That person that jumped ahead did have notes on their wall so it isn't like they couldn't have known what was going on....

I'm going to try it again next leaderboard and make a plan earlier in game play so hopefully we can get more - the two in first didn't find out until later and there wasn't really a way we could have caught up - I am kind of wishing I did use the gold to catch up with them but that would have been a lot of gold as we were 4K apart this morning and everyone except me had stopped playing last night (US East Coast time).

divanightclub
06-19-18, 11:34 AM
This leaderboard event was the most laid back one for me in while. Maybe because of the 2nd place winner in the global leaderboard, being so far ahead in my local group,everyone looked like it wasnt worth the effort. So I was able to remain 2nd place from the beginning. Only the first 5 players were able to reach the last milestone dragon..

dovanificent
06-19-18, 12:14 PM
I needed to boost 2x and 800k food to score 7205.

Nuicakes
06-19-18, 12:28 PM
I had an insanely difficult time with this event. I got to the first dragon (Swamp, a repeat for me) but finished with 5,100 points, 400 points short of the second dragon. I haven't done this bad since my very first Leaderboard event.

AnnirasSweets
06-19-18, 12:29 PM
Not exaggerating at all here: I needed to use over 400,000 apples to get the last dragon :( I had over a million food when this event started I now have just over 600k

That's about how much food I had to use but I had to use a boost also. Looks like I'll be spending the next two weeks building my food back up.

This leaderboard event was the most laid back one for me in while. Maybe because of the 2nd place winner in the global leaderboard, being so far ahead in my local group,everyone looked like it wasnt worth the effort. So I was able to remain 2nd place from the beginning. Only the first 5 players were able to reach the last milestone dragon..

My group was pretty laid back too and only the top five reached the final milestone in mine also. It was only yesterday that people really started to make moves to reach the end goal which I think goes to show that people are sick of having to spend gold to complete or they're losing interest in general.

Initially I was worried that the new global aspect would make the groupings even more skewed but I don't think it did. Either I've been lucky with my groupings or they really did try to make it so we're with players who have similar playing styles... Only time will tell I guess. It's interesting that the overall numbers on the global LB (excluding the tops) seem lower than they were last time.

Phoenix406
06-19-18, 01:03 PM
I had an insanely difficult time with this event. I got to the first dragon (Swamp, a repeat for me) but finished with 5,100 points, 400 points short of the second dragon. I haven't done this bad since my very first Leaderboard event.

About the same here. On my second account I already had swamp dragon and I barely got a Garnet dragon, but I used quite a few bronze boosts to even get that far. On my main account I did reach all the milestones, but, again, I used some boosts. Also, I have 2 evolution builidings on that account, but not on my baby account, so that probably helped. BTW, my second account is now level 125, so it's not like it's a low level account or anything, and I had more food on that one at the start of the LB than on my other account, so I'm not really sure how it all worked out. I use boosts to get the milestones and try to finish high enough that I can get maps and food. For a long time it looked like I would get the prize dragon, too, but of course people all start boosting at the end.

amerirish
06-19-18, 01:23 PM
That's about how much food I had to use but I had to use a boost also. Looks like I'll be spending the next two weeks building my food back up.

Except now we have a WE so I have to plant food based on time rather than quantity :mad:

JustKay
06-19-18, 04:04 PM
In the spirit of celebrating successes and failures, am posting that my LB win streak has finally come to an end at 24. I only got a silver this time around, and was pipped by a mere 600 points. I gotta admit for a milestone finale, I made a ton of mistakes and didn't show the normal paranoia that had guaranteed myself a win 26 times earlier.

I started much to early in the leaderboard and found myself in a group with a fellow neighbour of mine who I recall I befriended on the second or third leaderboard ever. I'm normally paranoid of tied finishes, but being in the same group felt like things were coming full circle. Maybe too much. I accepted an offer to make a tied win, but warned them that if a challenger gave chase it would be every player for themselves. I wasn't going to take second sitting down while I had this streak going. It was still a large compromise, since you've given up the element of surprise and are highly visible sitting ducks. I know since I've exploited this situation several times before in the past for the win.

We both seemed to have multiple advantages throughout the leaderboard and led by a large margin for the entire period, trading first back and forth. At the end a few gave chase, and my neighbour put 14,000 points between us. In a bad judgement, I wasted some 3.5 million apples but soon we were tied for the finish. With more than half an hour to go, I went to the mines to **** time. I made the mistake of not monitoring the finish like a hawk and only noticed one challenger moving in the last 30 seconds. I gave chase but it was too late. In a case of cosmic karma, my very same strategy had been used against me.

Am kinda disappointed in myself that I made so many mistakes for a seasoned player, but in a way am also relieved that I don't have to worry about keeping this streak. 10 was a milestone finale, and when that passed then 20 was it, and now I felt like 25 would have been the true finale given work and partner pressures. This way it sort of is a nice and tidy way to finish off my love affair with DS leaderboards. I probably won't take them too seriously from now on (i hope). A 24 win streak ain't bad for a free-to-play-er.

JustKay
06-19-18, 04:11 PM
I'm bummed, we were working on a tie and someone jumped ahead of a bunch of people at the last minute. It was a bit of an odd chance, but two were in 1st and myself and someone else were tied behind them so I was hoping that would count as 2nd instead of third but in the last seconds of time someone jumped ahead to end 1K points ahead of the people in 1st and knocked us all down. On the plus side, at least in theory the tie concept works. That person that jumped ahead did have notes on their wall so it isn't like they couldn't have known what was going on....

I'm going to try it again next leaderboard and make a plan earlier in game play so hopefully we can get more - the two in first didn't find out until later and there wasn't really a way we could have caught up - I am kind of wishing I did use the gold to catch up with them but that would have been a lot of gold as we were 4K apart this morning and everyone except me had stopped playing last night (US East Coast time).

FYI, your tie setup wouldn't have worked. if two people are tied for 1st place, that consumes the 1st and 2nd winning position. Anybody past that would have only counted for a 3rd place prize. If you had 3 people tied for 1st, that would consume the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning positions, so everyone else would at best get the 4-6th place prize. You can have as many people as you want tie for 1st place (or 2nd place or 3rd place or any place) though. In theory, if you can herd a bunch of cats that speak all kinds of different languages, you could arrange everyone in your group to tie for 1st place and it would rain gold trophies in your group.

DR0G0N
06-19-18, 05:01 PM
So...I'm pretty sure I'm in a group that doesn't give jack about this event. I really just slept through it, I bet the others did too. The 1st place just barely made it past the milestone with 7466, 2nd place made it past Garnet with 4280, and 3rd not even the last chest with 4280. The rest around 2k including me who didn't really hatch or breed much or at all and still got 8th. I find this kinda funny when comparing it to the crazy Global group.

I mean seeing them fighting so hard, I felt like I should at least put some effort and get the Garnet dragon, but lately sleep has been winning over the past couple events.

Mostreal
06-19-18, 05:37 PM
FYI, your tie setup wouldn't have worked. if two people are tied for 1st place, that consumes the 1st and 2nd winning position. Anybody past that would have only counted for a 3rd place prize. If you had 3 people tied for 1st, that would consume the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning positions, so everyone else would at best get the 4-6th place prize. You can have as many people as you want tie for 1st place (or 2nd place or 3rd place or any place) though. In theory, if you can herd a bunch of cats that speak all kinds of different languages, you could arrange everyone in your group to tie for 1st place and it would rain gold trophies in your group.

Yeah, we knew that was probably the case but we were sitting 4k below the people in first place so we were hopeful.....

It was actually much more fun than previous leaderboards and I made two new neighbors so really it was a win.

manda587
06-19-18, 05:39 PM
How do you guys get so many points??

I have one pair breedings around the clock, two nests round the clock, two evolution temples round the clock. Granted, I spend about 200k apples, maybe that’s not enough?
It’s just crazy to see posts where people not trying hard get 4000+ points and I am trying my darndest and end up with 3,998 points and that is with spending gold for one 2hr boost at the very end

Mostreal
06-19-18, 05:53 PM
How do you guys get so many points??

I have one pair breedings around the clock, two nests round the clock, two evolution temples round the clock. Granted, I spend about 200k apples, maybe that’s not enough?
It’s just crazy to see posts where people not trying hard get 4000+ points and I am trying my darndest and end up with 3,998 points and that is with spending gold for one 2hr boost at the very end

I have one breeding den(one roost I use for community even only)
2 nests
2 evolution temples

I hoard my food for boosts. Usually I only use one boost per leaderboard. so, I try to have a bunch to raise to juvenile or adult during the 7 days and sparingly raise to Epic because that takes the most food - I have an excel spreadsheet so I can also see who requires less food, especially to get to Epic.

So, I usually have over 600K food by the time I use a boost, which I usually use within 24 hrs of ending. I also set up as much as I can - two evolution temples get set up with the longest evolution times I can find and I do the best I can with my two nests and one den - that of course depends on breeding. Sometimes I do a "throw away" breeding of magic or peacock and diamond because the minimum time you get is 18 hours. I would love to get the Diamond types available but so far have only ever gotten Peacock (18) or Magic (20) from that pairing.

All of that gets me to the last milestone. I don't generally get the prize dragon. Sometimes I try but until the last few leaderboards, the first and second place person are so far ahead it is cost prohibitive to try.

Phoenix406
06-19-18, 06:55 PM
So...I'm pretty sure I'm in a group that doesn't give jack about this event. I really just slept through it, I bet the others did too. The 1st place just barely made it past the milestone with 7466, 2nd place made it past Garnet with 4280, and 3rd not even the last chest with 4280. The rest around 2k including me who didn't really hatch or breed much or at all and still got 8th. I find this kinda funny when comparing it to the crazy Global group.

I mean seeing them fighting so hard, I felt like I should at least put some effort and get the Garnet dragon, but lately sleep has been winning over the past couple events.

I wish I could get in a group like that.

Phoenix406
06-19-18, 06:56 PM
Except now we have a WE so I have to plant food based on time rather than quantity :mad:

OBviously I don't know your work or life situation/schedule, but I plant 5 hour crops during the day and then do 8 hour crops overnight. I don't bother with Scalypears unless I really need to in order to clear a line in Bingo.

cat_chick10
06-19-18, 08:55 PM
I got the Hidden Gem milestone, so I am happy lol

okiwao
06-20-18, 12:16 AM
I came in second with 2100 points!

amerirish
06-20-18, 07:47 AM
OBviously I don't know your work or life situation/schedule, but I plant 5 hour crops during the day and then do 8 hour crops overnight. I don't bother with Scalypears unless I really need to in order to clear a line in Bingo.

I usually plant one hour rushrooms during the day and five hour diamond dates overnight but during these events, I use the 20 hour scaly pears so that I don't miss time if I get busy at work.

manda587
06-20-18, 10:06 AM
I have one breeding den(one roost I use for community even only)
2 nests
2 evolution temples

I hoard my food for boosts. Usually I only use one boost per leaderboard. so, I try to have a bunch to raise to juvenile or adult during the 7 days and sparingly raise to Epic because that takes the most food - I have an excel spreadsheet so I can also see who requires less food, especially to get to Epic.

So, I usually have over 600K food by the time I use a boost, which I usually use within 24 hrs of ending. I also set up as much as I can - two evolution temples get set up with the longest evolution times I can find and I do the best I can with my two nests and one den - that of course depends on breeding. Sometimes I do a "throw away" breeding of magic or peacock and diamond because the minimum time you get is 18 hours. I would love to get the Diamond types available but so far have only ever gotten Peacock (18) or Magic (20) from that pairing.

All of that gets me to the last milestone. I don't generally get the prize dragon. Sometimes I try but until the last few leaderboards, the first and second place person are so far ahead it is cost prohibitive to try.

Thank you for your reply :)
So the only difference I see is that you use 400k-ish more apples. That doesnt make a 4000 point difference does it? Also, when you say you use a boost, are you using a bingo boost or the double your points boost? If bingo, which boost do you use? If the event boost, do you use it at the end? Lots of questions, Im just confused as to why Im not making it to anywheres near the end and it seems Im planning good?
I also use a sheet to keep tracks of evolves. Its very handy

JustKay
06-20-18, 05:57 PM
So the only difference I see is that you use 400k-ish more apples. That doesnt make a 4000 point difference does it? Also, when you say you use a boost, are you using a bingo boost or the double your points boost? If bingo, which boost do you use? If the event boost, do you use it at the end? Lots of questions, Im just confused as to why Im not making it to anywheres near the end and it seems Im planning good?

It's the wheel. The other players in your group make a big difference to how many points you can get from the wheel. The difference can range between 25 points and upwards of 230 points every 4 hours with a small factor based on what type of chest you unlock. This is a big difference. I don't know how the wheel works exactly, but my opinion is based on 2 years of playing leaderboards on both DS and FFS, even accounting for the fact that the algorithm may have been tweaked during that time. In my opinion, the wheel is designed to keep players involved by giving them the impression that they still stand a chance during the event. In simple terms, it keeps players who spin it in the top half (10) of the group. If you are currently ranked below 10, you will be more likely to spin higher points prizes, many of which will push you just to the halfway mark of the group. The composition of the group matters greatly on how this might help you. If you have one leader and everyone is straggling behind, then the wheel will be less generous than if you had 11 active players who are close to each other in points. In the former situation, top 10 will be filled with low points players, while in the latter the wheel will mean that any of 11 active players who gets left behind will get a healthy boost from the wheel to put them back in the running.

If sort of balances out the luck element by guaranteeing that you will either be in a easy group where everyone is equal and the top prize is teasingly within reach, or if you are in an intense group with no chance of winning at least you will make all the milestone goals.

Your level will also affect which group you get placed in, so if you are a low level (under 70), then the group you will end up in will probably be filled with newbies what won't rack up much in points, leaving the whole group to achieve only the lower milestones.

Btw, a tip I got from some else on the forum. Instead of keeping a separate sheet on hatching/evolution times, just change the name of the dragon to include the evolution and hatching time. This way you can easily lookup the time in-game when you need to know and if you select dragons directly from the evolution temple you can see the list of all ready-to-evo dragons and their times.

Mostreal
06-21-18, 07:56 AM

I use the double point boost. So my 400K apples instead of being worth 800 points are now 1600 points. That's why I try to feed sparingly during the event unless I'm using a boost. One leaderboard (back when it was 10 days) I managed to rack up 1m food! Man, was that a boost but I still think I ended in 3rd. One thing I do like better about the last few leaderboards is 1st and 2nd place are much more doable. I used to be 10K points behind the top 2 or 3, now I'm much closer.

I do use the speed boost also, sometimes. For example, one leaderboard I had one dragon that had a 44 hr evolve time and one with a 33 hour evolve time. Close to the end, I set the 44 hr evolve dragon to start about 36 hours from the end of the even and the 33 hr one about 26 hours from the end. I then used a 10x evolve, hoarded my food and used a boost when those were ready. So I got 44X3X2 and 33X3X2 plus an extra 9X3X2 for the boost. Instead of getting 44X3 and 33X3. So points went from total 231 to total to basically 264+198+54=517. The boost extra you don't 'see' per se in points, it's more like adding 9 hours to the time, if that makes sense.

I try to do the same with breeding and hatching but that is a bit trickier as you cannot predict what length of time a breeding pair will give you, but usually close to the last day, I can make some predictions. When you add it all up and time it right, it does make a difference.

I do use some gold during the leaderboard, as well as strategy, to make sure I am breeding/hatching/evolving 24/7. I have an excel spreadsheet that helps with evolving. I have dragon type, name, level, evolving time, etc. and when I am getting ready to evolve my next dragon, I look at my schedule and see what times work best. I also do that with breeding/hatching. I have two nests so I try to make sure one will finish when the breeding is done. I use Winter, Olympus, Air, and Light sometimes to keep the ball rolling. So if one dragon is done hatching, the other has a while, and the breeding pair has two hours to go an Air goes in the nest to hatch for immediate sale. I'm at level 186 and have about 40m coins on average so spending isn't a big deal. Air isn't that expensive, though, so I used to use more of those.

As far as what @JustKay mentioned about the wheel, I'm not sure. This last leaderboard I was in 4th trying to catch up to 3rd place and my last two spins were about 150 and 250 points. I used two 2xboosts (on sale), and about 20 more gold this time to catch up to the person in third place and finish with 8656 (if I remember correctly). I did the first boost when I had 2 12 hours evolving dragons, one 12 hour hatching and breeding and I forget the other on the nest, as well as some food. For my second boost, I was originally going to hatch the 24 hr tribal dragon then realized I had enough essence to hatch Tiger's Eye and Birthstone - 2 rares that I wanted anyway. So I got the boost for hatching time and rare points for one of the dragons. This last one, I used my last boost the night before and decided to tie the 3rd place person instead of the 1st place people, hoping that we would be counted as second - of course someone shot up at literally the last minute to take 1st place and I was a bit bummed but whatever....it's just a game.

Something I learned - only breedable dragons will get you the rare/super rare/ultra rare extra points! I learned that two leaderboards ago when I was wondering why I didn't get the extra points.

NOTE ON FARMING: I have enough money now that I farm almost exclusively upgrapes, rushrooms, and diamondates. They have the best yield times. Upgrades are for when I am near my phone for a bit, Rushrooms when I think it will be more than 30 minutes between times checking my phone and Diamondates at night.

NOTE ON SPEED BOOSTS: I 'hoard' my boosts and almost exclusively use them during leaderboard and community events. I never speed up evolving and often have one temple empty during Tales or no event. I VERY rarely boost breeding outside of community or leaderboard (very occasionally to get through a 20+ hr fail to get the common dragon needed for tales), and NEVER use hatching boost unless I'm in community event AND have two breeding dens going. Farming boosts are also rare outside of community event - NEVER 10x outside of community event, though 5x I get more often (I'm in gold bingo league so get them a lot) for bingo cards.

I currently have 3 loyal gold buddies and 2 gold producing dragons - one gives me 4 per day and one 5 per day. Before that, I had a budget for buying gold. I busted my budget a bit to buy the Kintsugi dragon but at the sale price he was going to have me break even in about 6 months and then it's all 'profit' from there. I haven't spent quite as much on gold since raising him to 10, which is good because that money should really go into car repairs right now, not games!

manda587
06-26-18, 03:21 AM
Thank you so so much for sharing that much detail, I am so grateful! I will be reading your post a few more times when the event comes up