PDA

View Full Version : Weekend warrior on a Wednesday?

CharmOfLea
06-06-18, 08:05 PM
Just started for me. 14 h timer.

zarac18
06-06-18, 08:13 PM
Me too.. What a surprise!
Will we have another WW on the actual weekend??

ratdogs4
06-06-18, 09:17 PM
Maybe S8 is changing the Warrior event to Wednesday so the energy cannot be used during an event?

Goal 1: Weekend Warrior
* Weed the landscape 0/10 CHOP | clear any foliage
* Clear rubble 0/3 CLEAR | clear any rocks (plant in a log counts, rock outcropping listed next counts as 1 of your 3)
* Mine a rock outcropping 0/1 MINE
Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +30 energy

Goal 2: Weekend Warrior
* Visit town buildings 0/10 COLLECT
(Farmhouse, cottage, marketplace, tavern, windmill)
* Harvest from flowers 0/15 HARVEST
(apple, orange and lemon trees count here, so do mushrooms)
* Craft goods 0/5 CRAFT | any crafting building works (mermaid and faerie worship also count, greenhouse does not)
Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes.

TIP: During your first unlimited time, do NOT finish these next tasks!
(I collect the crops and animals, fight 3 monsters, spawn the 4 but then do not defeat that 4th monster)

Goal 3: Weekend Warrior
* Harvest crops 0/10 HARVEST
* Tend to animals 0/10 TEND
* Fight monsters 0/4 FIGHT
Rewards: 5000 coin, 25 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes

olcastle
06-06-18, 09:45 PM
It's renamed to Weekday Warrior.

deadpixel
06-07-18, 01:53 AM
It's renamed to Weekday Warrior.

Ah! So it wasn't a mistake :D

VersaceMorrow
06-07-18, 02:36 AM
Maybe S8 is changing the Warrior event to Wednesday so the energy cannot be used during an event?

That's my theory.... I mean it runs almost exactly during the gap between events, minus an hour or two. While I'm glad they made it so everyone in all time zones can benefit from it during a reasonable hour, I can't help questioning the choice of days. It must be that the next event is going to require more energy than usual.

Lavenderdale
06-07-18, 03:32 AM
So you get to 99 wood and 99 stone ... and farm your field and all your animals ... and that's all you can do?

Lavenderdale
06-07-18, 03:36 AM
However, a note for low levels - quick turnaround flowers and crops (corn) are still worth xp. You can gain half a level just doing this stupid stuff, without spending a lot of money. So there's that.

Lavenderdale
06-07-18, 04:39 AM
p.s. (I'm bored waiting on farmhouses lol)
Just to confirm, the first and second set of goals are same aa always, so presumably the third set is as well, or people would be posting it by now. I woke up an hour+ ago and have 6 hours left.

ShibuyaCloth
06-07-18, 04:47 AM
p.s. (I'm bored waiting on farmhouses lol)
Just to confirm, the first and second set of goals are same aa always, so presumably the third set is as well, or people would be posting it by now. I woke up an hour+ ago and have 6 hours left.

I have not activated the last step. I let my realm recover and plan for the next 10 minutes frenzy. As I have nothing special to harvest (ev. Spellbound dew) I just hammer on stones.

katbtodd
06-07-18, 07:32 AM
Letting this one pass,, not thrilled with a new event getting so tired of babysitting my game

Lavenderdale
06-07-18, 09:35 AM
I had a problem with poor planning last Friday because I had finished event. My personal blind spot was 10x worse today. I actually had to STAND AROUND waiting for things to pop, I planned that poorly. To give me some excuse, I woke up with 6 hours left, so there's that.

Didn't occur to me until after first reward time that I needed wood, lol. So I chopped down my pretty pink crabapples. I have too many oaks I acquire from new squares that I don't even use, but they take 2 hours to mature whereas crabapple is shorter.

A small part was that I decided not to collect from character buildings that might play into this week's quest/event: Ivy, Thomas, Thurston, and a few others "just in case." They wouldn't have helped WW much, in fairness, lol.

Sooo ... should we wait around for an event today? Expect it tomorrow? Or maybe we'll get a week off? Hmmm ...

EDIT: Whoops. Checked ",upcoming event" thread and Storm8 SgtBeebo posted this

Ahoy mateys -- here's a sneak peak at next week!

Guess we'll see in 1-2 hours.

TeabytheSea3
06-13-18, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know if we are getting the WW today? Or will it go back to getting it on Fridays?

ShibuyaCloth
06-13-18, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know if we are getting the WW today? Or will it go back to getting it on Fridays?

Not today it seems, maybe on Friday. Well I am ready for once.

TeabytheSea3
06-13-18, 02:33 PM
Not today it seems, maybe on Friday. Well I am ready for once.

Thank you, SC. I am ready, too. :)

CaymanTurtle
06-15-18, 12:30 PM
No WW yet. What time does it usually start?

Maskenball
06-15-18, 12:59 PM
Had anyone a WW yet?
Here in germany it usually started every friday at 8pm... now it?s 10pm.. narf :confused:

peachtreeshoppe
06-15-18, 05:13 PM
I didn?t see it Wednesday or today... am I missing something?

ratdogs4
06-16-18, 03:49 PM
I'm guessing (and hoping) we'll get the Weekday Warrior on Wednesday, after the current event is done and before the next one starts. I also hope the next event is a monster hunt! 🤞🤞🤞

Glimmerless
06-20-18, 02:42 AM
Game question: Has Weekend/Weekday Warrior been discontinued?

VersaceMorrow
06-20-18, 02:57 AM
Game question: Has Weekend/Weekday Warrior been discontinued?

We'll know by 9pm tonight I guess.

Glimmerless
06-20-18, 02:46 PM
We'll know by 9pm tonight I guess.

Nothing. I guess if there is no communication from S8, it would be safe to assume it's been discontinued? I thought it might have just been disabled for events at first, but there are always back to back events, so that would basically be no more Warrior, haha. It just would have helped me better plan how to proceed with the game if I knew for sure.

emperess100
06-20-18, 05:01 PM
** crickets **

zarac18
06-20-18, 06:41 PM
WW did not appeared during last weekday and weekend, BUT it just pop-up after the end of the event "Tell No Tales"....
What a waste...

VersaceMorrow
06-20-18, 06:58 PM
WW did not appeared during last weekday and weekend, BUT it just pop-up after the end of the event "Tell No Tales"....
What a waste...

Hmmm, well maybe I'll do it tomorrow morning. If I feel like it. But that's looking doubtful. It's almost 10pm here and I just don't feel like starting it right now.

Lavenderdale
06-20-18, 07:28 PM
got a 16-hour timer this time. still not sure what imma do with it, maybe chop enough trees to get 99 sap. always short of sap lately, even with gifts.

presumably new event starts right after. *whine*

HuckleTown
06-20-18, 07:34 PM
Nothing. I guess if there is no communication from S8, it would be safe to assume it's been discontinued? I thought it might have just been disabled for events at first, but there are always back to back events, so that would basically be no more Warrior, haha. It just would have helped me better plan how to proceed with the game if I knew for sure.

Weekday warrior showed up...have it for ? ? ? ?

It makes no sense.

topmom952
06-20-18, 07:39 PM

It makes no sense.

Mine now shows 15 hours, but as it is 7:30 pm I won't be doing it. Too stressful when no event is occurring.

MoonVillage3
06-20-18, 10:29 PM
W/W never used to exist.. it's a recent addition to the game and I see it as a help to either lower level players who have less energy and are in difficulty, or whoever is stuck on an energy-consuming goal, without secondary energy. Who needs it can use it and make a big step ahead, even for stocking up. Extra energy is always welcome, but as it wasn't there before.. it's a bonus, not a part of an event, even if it's more than welcomed at that moment.

Events are always made easier, with lower requirements for lower level players.. the fact is seen they are able to finish goals long before higher level players, due to timed-collections which are less, without speeding nor spending.. or at least for those who post in forum and are able to dedicate time to their game.

On the whole it's a bonus.. not an obligation, even if needed. We can't expect it everytime as it's a gift.

SpiritWind00
06-20-18, 10:54 PM
S8 have confirmed that Weekday/Weekend Warrior will continue. It's scheduling is still being looked into. That's about all I know at present and I'll update you with more info as it comes to hand.

ShibuyaCloth
06-20-18, 11:16 PM
The WW is live now. 12 hours timer and it started an hour ago for me.

vizbiz11
06-21-18, 02:37 AM
Yeah, the WW is live for me too. It’s only 5:30 am and I can’t see any benefits to participating. I loved it when it would help during events. Now...not so much.

ShibuyaCloth
06-21-18, 02:48 AM
Yeah, the WW is live for me too. It’s only 5:30 am and I can’t see any benefits to participating. I loved it when it would help during events. Now...not so much.

Same for me. I just need to stack back mermaid scales so I might a an all rustic well frenzy :p

VersaceMorrow
06-21-18, 04:32 AM
Just remember those who participate, stay away from poison Ivy during your mad tap dance with that unlimited energy rush....you don't want to be stuck waiting a few hours if you need her for the event, and then forgetting before bed time.

ShibuyaCloth
06-21-18, 04:52 AM
Just remember those who participate, stay away from poison Ivy during your mad tap dance with that unlimited energy rush....you don't want to be stuck waiting a few hours if you need her for the event, and then forgetting before bed time.

Did the same quote to myself, but I hit Ivy't hut, well I will wait a few more hours then....

Glimmerless
06-22-18, 03:04 AM

It makes no sense.

Even without events, it can be used for main story goals.

W/W never used to exist.. it's a recent addition to the game and I see it as a help to either lower level players who have less energy and are in difficulty, or whoever is stuck on an energy-consuming goal, without secondary energy. Who needs it can use it and make a big step ahead, even for stocking up. Extra energy is always welcome, but as it wasn't there before.. it's a bonus, not a part of an event, even if it's more than welcomed at that moment.

Events are always made easier, with lower requirements for lower level players.. the fact is seen they are able to finish goals long before higher level players, due to timed-collections which are less, without speeding nor spending.. or at least for those who post in forum and are able to dedicate time to their game.

On the whole it's a bonus.. not an obligation, even if needed. We can't expect it everytime as it's a gift.

I agree with you, I think of WW as a bonus, not something that the game owes, but I simply want to know if it will be available or not. However, after getting used to it being there week after week, a certain expectation that it would be there develops. Maybe other people feel differently, but I was confused the first time it changed days and then further unsure the next time it didn't appear.

I wouldn't mind even if WW was discontinued, it would just be nice to be notified, that's all. I'm only asking for communication! :)

ratdogs4
07-04-18, 06:05 PM
Glad to see a Wednesday Warrior, can get things cleaned up before the new event.
Thanks, S8.

ratdogs4
08-15-18, 04:34 PM
Hoping for a Wednesday warrior.

PrincessCelestian
08-15-18, 06:24 PM
I love how this now starts an hour before bedtime on a Wednesday. Lovely planning S8.

butterfly_25
08-15-18, 07:40 PM
I love how this now starts an hour before bedtime on a Wednesday. Lovely planning S8.

And also lovely the fact it started right after the current event finished. For me, that is the moment it became useless. So it gets ignored now in my kingdom

Lavenderdale
08-15-18, 07:41 PM
I have noticed that the infinite energy timer works for me now (Android), without reboot. No more waiting for refills, but no more extended waiting time for recharges (10 minutes for cows or ponds, for example).

Can anyone rebooting or refilling report to see if it's all fixed?

ShibuyaCloth
08-16-18, 04:28 AM
I have noticed that the infinite energy timer works for me now (Android), without reboot. No more waiting for refills, but no more extended waiting time for recharges (10 minutes for cows or ponds, for example).

I am on iOS, and I don't need to force close the game for the 2nd step. But for the 3rd I still have the issue.

CathyDucky
08-16-18, 08:11 AM

I am on Android. I was on max energy and the unlimited 10 mins timer did not start for me, so i rebooted aft a few seconds. How long did it take for your timer to change to the unlimited 10 mins count down mode?

ratdogs4
08-28-18, 07:12 PM
Question, in case there is (hopefully) a weekday warrior tomorrow. I've been saving up energy for the next event - hopefully a monster hunt and have about 700 energy. If there is a weekday warrior tomorrow and I do the 2 parts of unlimited energy, will I lose that 700 stored energy or have that 700 restored after each of the 10 minutes of unlimited energy? I thought I read posts before that stored energy is restored after each of the unlimited 10 minutes.

SpiritWind00
08-28-18, 07:33 PM
Question, in case there is (hopefully) a weekday warrior tomorrow. I've been saving up energy for the next event - hopefully a monster hunt and have about 700 energy. If there is a weekday warrior tomorrow and I do the 2 parts of unlimited energy, will I lose that 700 stored energy or have that 700 restored after each of the 10 minutes of unlimited energy? I thought I read posts before that stored energy is restored after each of the unlimited 10 minutes.
no you won't. You may need to just force close to see your 700 stored energy again though once the timer runs out.:)

Lavenderdale
09-05-18, 07:23 PM
Is anybody bothering with this? I am fairly stocked up on "quickie" items and not sure it's even worth the effort. Trivia: finishing a Rock Outcropping counts as a rubble/debris as well as itself.

Note to low-level players, though - even if you just harvest a ton of white flowers and corn you are getting xp and will probably level.

CharmOfLea
09-05-18, 08:51 PM
Is anybody bothering with this? I am fairly stocked up on "quickie" items and not sure it's even worth the effort. Trivia: finishing a Rock Outcropping counts as a rubble/debris as well as itself.

Note to low-level players, though - even if you just harvest a ton of white flowers and corn you are getting xp and will probably level.

This one time I truly enjoyed it. I have been watching my crops wither and my animals go hungry for a week straight, because I wanted as many troll tokens as possible (fun fact, in the end I had 85 gold but 0 staff tokens, the wiz school’s gotta wait). So just being able to tidy up the board and fetch plain water was a pleasure.

Glimmerless
09-06-18, 02:35 AM
It was a bad one for me. The game decided to reset twice at different intervals in the middle of collecting. Of course, not before and not after, everything went smoothly at those times. It had to be smack in the middle of it. What a waste of my time and effort. :(

Game resets a regular occurrence, but I can't predict when it happens. It always sucks when I complete the tasks and don't get to use the reward.

MisterBlu
09-06-18, 03:40 AM
I came third in the Beastmaster challenge and had just placed the blue chest when the notification for the Weekday Warrior flashed up and the when I closed it the Blu chest had disappeared! No sign of it in my inventory. Why did this happen and can anyone tell me what would have been in that chest.

ShibuyaCloth
09-06-18, 04:00 AM
I came third in the Beastmaster challenge and had just placed the blue chest when the notification for the Weekday Warrior flashed up and the when I closed it the Blu chest had disappeared! No sign of it in my inventory. Why did this happen and can anyone tell me what would have been in that chest.

The blue chest is empty, you already got it's content. The Banner, Gold and Trade Tickets.

meme1098
09-06-18, 08:42 AM
S8...you need to make these chests placeable so these questions about not getting anything are forever nonexistent.

llj_sea
09-20-18, 06:58 AM
Yikes. I just lost my entire 10 minutes. I tried to restart 3-4 times and Ill I would get is a grey screen. Has anyone else had this problem?

Kikilieb
10-04-18, 10:12 AM
I won 40 energy after completing the weekend warrior and lost it all after I collected from 1 or 2 items. Why?

robotparade
11-01-18, 08:28 AM
Question: if you do Weekday Warrior, do you find that it's worth the work/planning that's required?

ShibuyaCloth
11-01-18, 09:18 AM
Question: if you do Weekday Warrior, do you find that it's worth the work/planning that's required?

Yes, I can stock pile stuff that was depleted during the last event. For me it depends where my current focus is, but the usual: Mermaid Scales, Mermaid Materials, Petals, Glimmerdust, Living Wood, etc. Today I focused on Cursed Coral, Mermaid Scales, Spellbound Dew & coins.