PDA

View Full Version : Limited Quest for Essence - June

AnnirasSweets
06-02-18, 12:39 PM
With the first of the month, S8 has given the limited time quest called "Essence Roundup." They've done this at the beginning of the month for a while now, using the harder to craft monthly dragon so this time it's the White Lotus. It's a 24 hour quest that returns 2 Essence and is available for 7 days, at least it's been a week in the past.

My issue is that they released this quest on the same day as the Dragon Tales event opened. Now, we all know that one cannot send out 24 hour quests if one has any wish to complete DT without using gold.

It's already very difficult to do the quest as it's difficult to craft the second monthly dragon which means that only a small portion of players could benefit from this quest which gives a measly 2 essence over an entire day. Releasing the quest right when a DT opens ensures that the already small amount of players to benefit from the quest gets cut down even more and becomes a tiny portion of players who can use this quest and benefit from it. I know that both the event and the quests are optional but this move means that players can do one or the other, not both.

The reason this upsets me so much is that it seems to me like S8 is going out of it's way to prevent us from being able to get this small amount of free essence. If you don't want us to get the free essence s8, quit offering the quest! Don't set it up in such a way that a player would have to choose between the event or the essence, it makes you seem petty. What's next, multiple events that we'll have to pick between?

Now, a small hopeful part of me is thinking that this was an oversight not something they did intentionally to make an already difficult quest nearly impossible. I posted this question in the White Lotus thread but didn't receive an answer so I thought maybe starting this thread would get me a response from them. Here's hoping.