PDA

View Full Version : Whats the cause of heartbreak?

seastripes
04-01-11, 01:38 PM
I have clothes on my racks, accessories on my display, changing rooms, mirrors and a cashier but i notice once in a while customers leave with a heart break?

What cause it? What do i have to add on my store?

Thanks mods

LetiB
04-01-11, 05:25 PM
I've noticed the same thing, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Maybe it's there just to be a lil different? Or maybe you need to add different clothes?
The lowest my "happy customers" number has gotten is 96, but then it boosts back up to 100 real quick.

deadpixel
04-02-11, 10:29 AM
I have clothes on my racks, accessories on my display, changing rooms, mirrors and a cashier but i notice once in a while customers leave with a heart break?

What cause it? What do i have to add on my store?

Thanks mods

You probably don't have enough changing rooms.

Take a look at your customers, they linger at the rack choosing an item they fancy. After a couple of seconds a clock will appear above their heads; if a changing room is available, they'll move to it to try out the outfit, if the rooms are all occupied, they'll leave disappointed.

ladybac
04-02-11, 11:38 AM
Also, probably there aren't enough mirrors (so customers can try on shoes, bags and other accessories).

On a related note, are the floor length mirrors the only one used so that customers can try on accessories? Because there's also a wall mirror available - is that for decorative purposes only?

deadpixel
04-02-11, 11:58 AM
Also, probably there aren't enough mirrors (so customers can try on shoes, bags and other accessories).

On a related note, are the floor length mirrors the only one used so that customers can try on accessories? Because there's also a wall mirror available - is that for decorative purposes only?

It may only be decorative; haven't seen anyone look into them yet. :(

LetiB
04-02-11, 04:46 PM

They're aren't decorative. You actually NEED the mirrors like you need the dressing rooms. If you try putting all of them away, you'll get a lil message saying you need at least one out. If you watch the lil avatars shop, after looking at any shoes or accessories, they will go stand in front of a mirror for a lil bit.

lesleypsg1
04-02-11, 05:10 PM
They're aren't decorative. You actually NEED the mirrors like you need the dressing rooms. If you try putting all of them away, you'll get a lil message saying you need at least one out. If you watch the lil avatars shop, after looking at any shoes or accessories, they will go stand in front of a mirror for a lil bit.

I think they were talking about the mirrors that go on the walls. The ones that go on the floor are needed. 

saujana
04-02-11, 06:57 PM
I don't think it's just needing more mirrors and changing rooms. I've been watching the customers, some still have heartbreaks even when the mirrors and changing rooms are unoccupied. It really is annoying.

deadpixel
04-03-11, 01:12 AM

I think they were talking about the mirrors that go on the walls. The ones that go on the floor are needed. 

Yep, we were talking about the wall mounted mirrors; I quoted the poster before me to be sure that subsequent readers would know what mirrors we were talking about.

colagummi
04-03-11, 03:18 AM
I tried putting a gold wall mioor in between the two "standard" floor mirrors. I watch for about five minutes but even with three mirrors no moe then two shoppers were ever looking at tem. Are you sure the wall mirrors are used like the floor mirror. Sorry to be confused!

"

deadpixel
04-03-11, 03:31 AM
I tried putting a gold wall mioor in between the two "standard" floor mirrors. I watch for about five minutes but even with three mirrors no moe then two shoppers were ever looking at tem. Are you sure the wall mirrors are used like the floor mirror. Sorry to be confused!

"

I thought I said that I believed that they were only decorative and that I hadn't seen any customer look into them? (Man! what a mouthful of a sentence!)

See the quote below:

seastripes
04-03-11, 03:53 AM
Im gonna try with 3 changing rooms, i know it's not a big deal but im **** on my games, i need to have 100% satisfaction :p

deadpixel
04-03-11, 04:09 AM
Im gonna try with 3 changing rooms, i know it's not a big deal but im **** on my games, i need to have 100% satisfaction :p

Hee! Me too. That being said, I've got 3 changing rooms and 2 mirrors and still get the occasional broken heart; about 1 or 2 in every 15 - 20 customers.

My feeling is that having too many changing rooms may not be the answer; they're big, ugly and expensive. I've found that reducing the number of sides that customers can view an item from seems to help; we do this by placing counters against other counters or walls and line racks side-by-side with other racks or put them against walls.

iloveyummie
04-03-11, 09:25 AM
Maybe an extra cash register would help?

Niimue
04-03-11, 10:16 AM
It seems that you need at total of at least 10 full length mirrors and changing booths to keep from getting broken hearts. I have 10 and get a few occasionally, probably mostly because of the distance customers need to walk from the item to the booth/mirror.

Gold wall mirrors do not count.

deadpixel
04-03-11, 10:47 AM

I don't really think so. I've seen 3 customers stack-up at the cash register and leave as "one unit" out the door happy where as they get unhappy if a mirror or changing room doesn't become available within 2 seconds of their wanting to use one.

RageofMars
04-04-11, 02:38 PM
I have the two starter dressing rooms and two starter floor mirrors, and is able to keep 100 satisfaction. Even though some customers do leave with broken hearts, it drops down to about 95 or 96, but is immediately increased up to 100 by the number of happy customers. Since I'm always at 100, basically, there's no point to add more mirrors or dressing rooms because the number of unhappy customers will just be balanced out with the happy ones. Extra mirrors and dressing rooms would just take up potential rack and shelf space.

deadpixel
04-05-11, 02:01 AM
I have the two starter dressing rooms and two starter floor mirrors, and is able to keep 100 satisfaction. Even though some customers do leave with broken hearts, it drops down to about 95 or 96, but is immediately increased up to 100 by the number of happy customers. Since I'm always at 100, basically, there's no point to add more mirrors or dressing rooms because the number of unhappy customers will just be balanced out with the happy ones. Extra mirrors and dressing rooms would just take up potential rack and shelf space.

Unhappy customers do not buy anything and would leave your store empty-handed so your extra shelves and racks would mostly be for show and not help increase sales.

deadpixel
04-05-11, 02:06 AM

I don't really think so. I've seen 3 customers stack-up at the cash register and leave as "one unit" out the door happy where as they get unhappy if a mirror or changing room doesn't become available within 2 seconds of their wanting to use one.

Then again I just realized that unlike in RS and BS where the second register is useless, a second register here in FhS is fully functional.

But it still doesn't solve the issue of unhappy customers. I'm guessing that there's actually a good ratio of racks to changing rooms and counters to mirrors that needs to be maintained to completely get rid of the unhappy customers.

saujana
04-05-11, 02:23 AM
I wish someone could figure out the cause of all the heartbreaks. No doubt, it would still go back up to a 100 and down again, I still find it very frustrating. I've placed 4 standing mirrors and 3 changing rooms... I still get all the heartbreaks. What the hell is causing it? Selection of items? More space, more items?More decos?

RageofMars
04-05-11, 02:15 PM
I think I figured it out. The cause of broken hearts are, like, stated above, unhappy customers that have to wait a long time for a floor mirror or a dressing room.

The reason why you see the waiting icon above some customers while there are not always customers standing in front of mirrors or occupying the dressing rooms is because there are actually customers walking over to those stations. When the path of that customer already "claimed" the mirror/dressing room, other customers won't be able to use it until the first customer is done. So the station is "occupied" the moment a customer starts walking over towards it.

So, adding additional mirrors and dressing rooms is probably the best solution to this problem. Now I just wish someone can do the math behind it and see how many customers enter per minute versus how many needs the amenities, and find out exactly how many dressing rooms and mirrors would yield no broken hearts.

jplus
04-05-11, 02:36 PM
I think I figured it out. The cause of broken hearts are, like, stated above, unhappy customers that have to wait a long time for a floor mirror or a dressing room.

This is correct. Based on the feedback of this thread, we're looking into making the cause of the broken hearts a bit clearer in a future update.

LetiB
04-05-11, 06:52 PM

The reason why you see the waiting icon above some customers while there are not always customers standing in front of mirrors or occupying the dressing rooms is because there are actually customers walking over to those stations. When the path of that customer already "claimed" the mirror/dressing room, other customers won't be able to use it until the first customer is done. So the station is "occupied" the moment a customer starts walking over towards it.

So, adding additional mirrors and dressing rooms is probably the best solution to this problem. Now I just wish someone can do the math behind it and see how many customers enter per minute versus how many needs the amenities, and find out exactly how many dressing rooms and mirrors would yield no broken hearts.

I think you're right cause I now have 5 mirrors and 5 dressing rooms out, and only get a broken heart every once in a while. Hope that helps :)

deadpixel
04-05-11, 07:41 PM
I wish someone could figure out the cause of all the heartbreaks. No doubt, it would still go back up to a 100 and down again, I still find it very frustrating. I've placed 4 standing mirrors and 3 changing rooms... I still get all the heartbreaks. What the hell is causing it? Selection of items? More space, more items?More decos?

Decor was never an issue for customer dissatisfaction in the story games and I don't believe they've started it here.

From the observations I've made in the last couple of days, there seems to be only 2 things that cause this dissatisfaction:
Insufficient changing rooms
Insufficient mirrors (standing ones, not the wall ones)

There's possibly a third:
Insufficient browsing space

Each counter/rack has four faces from which a shopper may stand to browse. This is reduced if the rack/counter is standing next to another rack/counter or wall. Unlike RS and BS, the shopper doesn't just come zooming in on one item, if you look carefully, you'd notice that a shopper may start at one rack/counter and move to two or more others. I believe that if this movement is at any time thwarted by the presence of another shopper occupying a space at another selected rack/counter, then there may be a cause for the dissatisfaction (heartbreak).

LetiB
04-05-11, 08:07 PM
Ok, so it seems like 6 is the magic number lol. I put out 6 mirrors and 6 dressing rooms. So far I've seen no broken hearts. :)

saujana
04-05-11, 08:43 PM
Great, Rageofmars! Now, all I have to do is save more coins to get more mirrors and changing rooms! Wish there would be different style and colors for the changing rooms as well...

LetiB
04-06-11, 05:44 AM
Ok, so it seems like 6 is the magic number lol. I put out 6 mirrors and 6 dressing rooms. So far I've seen no broken hearts. :)

Ok, scratch that...I'm now trying 7 dressing rooms and 7 mirrors.

deadpixel
04-06-11, 09:33 AM
Ok, scratch that...I'm now trying 7 dressing rooms and 7 mirrors.

I find that it depends on the number of racks/counters you have out and the number of browsing points each of these have. You may be able to reduce the number of mirrors and changing rooms if you line some of the racks/counters beside each other or against the wall/other decor.

yvie46
04-14-11, 09:43 PM
You have to make sure you don't block the wall mirrors with plants or tables then you'll see people looking at them. It doesn't solve the 100% issue though. Any ideas let me know.

talyon
04-15-11, 08:05 AM
For the record wall mounted mirrors do work the same as stand ups. I've noticed my customers use them by looking into the wall mounted ones and then preceding to the cash. Having no broken hearts also has to do with size of store and selection of items, as customers.

TheFluffySlipper
04-15-11, 04:03 PM
My rating regularly goes down to 80! I have three dressing rooms and four mirrors ... I hope I don't have to stuff my shop full of them in order to solve the problem uggh!

RageofMars
04-28-11, 11:13 AM
I find that it depends on the number of racks/counters you have out and the number of browsing points each of these have. You may be able to reduce the number of mirrors and changing rooms if you line some of the racks/counters beside each other or against the wall/other decor.

I can confirm this. The more racks and counters I add to the store, the more customers that visit my store increase. Hence, the higher need for more changing rooms and mirrors.

xokay
04-28-11, 04:12 PM
I've found that it's pretty much impossible not to have broken hearts. I have 2 working cash registers, 6 changing rooms, and 5 mirrors and still get broken hearts. Boo :(

TheFluffySlipper
04-29-11, 01:43 AM
It occured to me that it might relate to proximity as well. If a mirror or dressing room is considered in 'use' from the time a customer starts walking towards it until the time they leave it, then it just makes sense that if they are scattered throughout the store, there should always be one close enough for the customer to use that would then lessen this time.

Although, it does depend on how the room or mirror is chosen within the game. Is it random or in order or otherwise? Obviously it won't help if the customer is on one side of the store then targets a mirror over the other side because that is the one that is due next.

mcc1230
04-29-11, 10:59 PM
I don't think it's just needing more mirrors and changing rooms. I've been watching the customers, some still have heartbreaks even when the mirrors and changing rooms are unoccupied. It really is annoying.

I guess one should minimize the distance that a customer needs to walk to reach the racks/tables/mirror/changing room.

shawa13
04-30-11, 07:24 AM

It is. I was thinking that maybe they were too far from the dressing rooms (like they were too lazy to walk to the walls) and put 2 dressing rooms in the middle. I watched a shopper get the clock, the green dressing room bubble, then the heartbreak WHEN SHE WAS STANDING NEXT TO AN EMPTY DRESSING ROOM!!!! I gave up, put the dressing rooms in storage (they looked stupid in the middle of my floor). The number only dips to 95 when I'm watching them (all 25 shoppers in the store) and is always at 100 when I return so I give up.

momisbubbles
05-12-11, 08:22 PM
sometimes theres a green changing room shape in the thought bubble on mine before the heart breaks.... does that mean that i need to get green changing rooms???

fidofudo2
05-14-11, 06:42 PM
When the customer assumes they are a size 8, and they find out they are really a size 12, it's heartbreaking! If anyone knows how to change the labels, we can fix this! ;)