Habitat: Gemstone Prairie, Green Grove
Available at: Level 8
Buying Price: 400 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 3 hours
Exp Gained: 255 Exp

ksbmommy
06-01-18, 12:01 PM
I think I got it first try 3 hours and I don?t recognize the egg. Used gemstone and forest.

random59
06-01-18, 12:19 PM
Congrats, I’m trying for a horrid Island dragon for Bingo and I have another 3 hour, these could prove to be problematic, lol!

Anuisia
06-01-18, 12:20 PM
I got it first try - Gemstone & Forest. There is no other 3 hour egg with this combo as far as I know.

CranberryMil
06-01-18, 12:31 PM
Gemstone + Forest => 3 hours egg

This is really a common dragon!

orson92
06-01-18, 12:35 PM
Yes..I got it first try with Emerald and Forest too..:o

Sugarcat5
06-01-18, 12:48 PM
Gemstone and forest= 3 hour egg!

Yeah!!!! No sweating it out this time praying for an elusive "common" dragon...lol

desraymlp
06-01-18, 01:00 PM
Island for me. :(

Valkyrie2018
06-01-18, 01:59 PM
I hate to *****, but I don't have a Gemstone Dragon. I am thrilled that it is only 200 gold for Peridot. Good Luck, everyone!

is109
06-01-18, 02:01 PM
1st Try: Emerald
2nd Try: Island
3rd Try: Emerald
4th Try: Peridot

amerirish
06-01-18, 02:07 PM
I hate to *****, but I don't have a Gemstone Dragon. I am thrilled that it is only 200 gold for Peridot. Good Luck, everyone!

That's not a ***** :) It's a perfectly valid choice to purchase it even if you had a Gemstone :D

AwesomeChefDad
06-01-18, 02:19 PM
yippee another common to throw onto the MASSIVE pile created this last year.

divanightclub
06-01-18, 03:10 PM
Got it on the 1st try with Emerald and Neo Green. Feels good, not having to deal with multiple fails while trying to breed a ?common? dragon.

Nuicakes
06-01-18, 05:01 PM
First try with Chakra & Troll. With my luck I was expecting a few Island fails.

manda587
06-01-18, 05:37 PM
Gemstone is a type of dragon?
I cant breed the gemstone dragon to a green type to get the peridot?

Xyn25
06-01-18, 07:22 PM
First try got me Island... I just hope it comes quickly because I don't want to waste too much time on Islands

LilliDee
06-01-18, 08:22 PM
Island for me of course. I HATE this game so so much.

heyyou0123
06-01-18, 08:40 PM
Got it first try gemstone n forest but not 3 hours 20 hours :(

cat_chick10
06-01-18, 08:55 PM
I got 3 hours on my first try. This is the first time this has happened since I bred Neo Bubble on the first try.

skyharbor602
06-01-18, 09:40 PM
Peridot Dragon
Rarity: Common
Type: Gemstone, Green
Habitat: Gemstone Prairie, Green Grove
Available at: Level 8
Buying Price: 400 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 3 hours
Exp Gained: 255 Exp

FieldsLikeB
06-01-18, 10:18 PM
Emerald and Forest and romping in his habitat.

Mostreal
06-02-18, 06:13 AM
I got it first try Emerald and Forest. I wasn't expecting it and now I have to hatch it because I don't have room to leave it, keep breeding, and hatch the rose quartz. People have said you can hatch the common dragon early for the Tales but I'm not sure. Fingers crossed...

PatchXat
06-02-18, 06:22 AM
I got it first try Emerald and Forest. I wasn't expecting it and now I have to hatch it because I don't have room to leave it, keep breeding, and hatch the rose quartz. People have said you can hatch the common dragon early for the Tales but I'm not sure. Fingers crossed...

Don't worry! You can hatch Tales dragons early and still have them count. I always hatch AND evolve them to required level (6) and have never had a problem with it counting. Congrats!

Mostreal
06-02-18, 10:57 AM
Don't worry! You can hatch Tales dragons early and still have them count. I always hatch AND evolve them to required level (6) and have never had a problem with it counting. Congrats!

OK, I'm going to try it. I hatched him and have about 4 hours until the Rose Quartz can hatch and an empty evolution temple so I'm going to start evolving him. I have always raised up the dragons you have to craft early without issue, but for some reason I think I recall getting burned on hatching the common dragon early....would have been over a year ago so my memory may be a bit faulty...

I don't usually start even trying until about day 4 of the tales but I had a bingo card "breed with a Forest dragon" and I figured why not, I never get it on first try anyway...here we are. Perry the Peridot dragon is a pretty dragon at least.

skyharbor602
06-02-18, 07:02 PM
Diamond + Emerald - Emerald
Diamond + Emerald - Island
Emerald + Neo Forest - Island

This is garbage.

pocopicasso
06-02-18, 10:48 PM
Gemstone is a type of dragon?
I cant breed the gemstone dragon to a green type to get the peridot?

While trying for “FRUITFUL” as a bingo goal, I got TWO PERIDOTS from breeding yellow + green.

pocopicasso
06-02-18, 10:50 PM
diamond + emerald - emerald
diamond + emerald - island
emerald + neo forest - island

this is garbage.
use yellow + green, no need to get fancy :)
Good luck!

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
06-03-18, 02:31 AM
3 years ago I predicted the existence of this dragon, hehehe

manda587
06-03-18, 02:55 AM
While trying for “FRUITFUL” as a bingo goal, I got TWO PERIDOTS from breeding yellow + green.

Really! Okay maybe Ill just skip trying for the gemstone dragon first to then breed for the peridot.
Thank you, Ill just do yellow and green then

SoJam
06-03-18, 04:18 AM
Got it first try gemstone n forest but not 3 hours 20 hours :(

??? You sure about what you got?
Has anyone bred this dragon WITHOUT using a gemstone-type parent? I thought I saw mention of using a yellow-green combination.
If so, can Fairytale & Forest do the job? I'm trying to avoid the 20-hour Island fails.

skyharbor602
06-03-18, 09:55 AM
Tired of commons besides the one you need? Let em know on this suggestion thread "Too Many Common Dragons":
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104725-Too-Many-quot-Common-quot-Dragons

lenasdinner
06-03-18, 11:42 AM
Has anyone bred this dragon WITHOUT using a gemstone-type parent? I thought I saw mention of using a yellow-green combination.
If so, can Fairytale & Forest do the job? I'm trying to avoid the 20-hour Island fails.

I got it on secend try first day of dragon tale with gemstone and forest ,but today I had a breeding for bingo with Scylla and hit den with Citrus dragon and got 3h Peridot dragon. with this combo Island is out,but you have the longest outcome SR 18h Nymph....but with this combo you can get 8 other commen dragons.....

LilliDee
06-03-18, 05:46 PM
I've had two Islands and an Emerald fail using gemstone and forest. Trying this time with air and forest just netted me a 10 hr Fruitful fail. This is a bunch of []

KevinW07
06-03-18, 06:15 PM
Ha! Switched to Emerald & Forest (from Neo Air & Neo Forest) and immediately got a 20 hour Island fail; and to top it all off, the automatic timer to start DT Chapter 1 just got activated for me. Typical! What else can S8 do to drive the long-term players away?

love4kolkata
06-03-18, 06:29 PM

I don't have a gemstone dragon. I got peridot with air & forest in 2nd attempt. 1st attempt gave me a leaf.

skyharbor602
06-04-18, 09:09 AM
Air and Forest finally got me one after a parade of garbage fails such as 2 Islands, 3 Leaves, 1 Nymph, 1 Cactus and 2 Fruitfuls.

Den8137259
06-04-18, 09:36 AM
Will use yellow and green (: ★ stay tuned! (:

Queenacrossthesea
06-04-18, 07:21 PM
I was very lucky this time. I bred a Gemstone and Emerald and got a Peridot first try. Good Luck All!

LilliDee
06-04-18, 08:33 PM
I'm on my fourth island. This may be the end of the line for me and this game.

deadpixel
06-04-18, 08:33 PM
After 2 Island Dragon failures I decided to try a yellow green combination with Neo Air and Neo Green...

This had the possibility of turning out as a Buttercup so I sacrificed 3 gold to it and got this ...

Looks like it’s getting to be really tough to breed some of the more popular dragons for Bingo.

KevinW07
06-04-18, 08:37 PM
Air and Forest finally got me one after a parade of garbage fails such as 2 Islands, 3 Leaves, 1 Nymph, 1 Cactus and 2 Fruitfuls.

Lucky you! :-)

I got it on my baby island on the first attempt with Quetzal and Air, but it's a disaster on my main island where I'm actually trying to play Tales on this occasion as I'm having to collect Sapphire Shards!

So far, my procession of fails consists of Buttercup, 3 Fruitfuls, Fairy, and Island (using Emerald & Dawntree). Have switched to using Quetzal and Neo Air now getting a Fruitful fail on my first attempt.

I guess S8 considers this fun for all of us. This time, I'm not spending gold speed breeding or activating the Breeding Roost! I'd rather stop playing altogether!

Passera
06-04-18, 09:38 PM
Got using Forest and Gemstone for bingo. Of course since I decided to stop doing the tales after getting the first dragon I breed the dragon needed but when I want to do the tales I can’t breed whatever dragon is needed. Oh well.

summersalt
06-05-18, 07:04 AM
Switched to neo air and forest after two island fails with gemstone and forest. Got one fruitful fail then got peridot. Try simple green and yellow stay away from adding in diamond etc. GoodLuck

Ellerslie6
06-05-18, 08:22 AM
Diamond + Emerald - Emerald
Diamond + Emerald - Island
Emerald + Neo Forest - Island

This is garbage.

GARBAGE - Total agreement with you Skyharbour

I havent been able to complete a Tales Event for months - primarily because I have almost zero luck breeding the compulsory “common” dragon but also on the rare occasions Ive been “allowed” to breed the “common” Dragon Ive been forced to give it much of my hard acquired food, only to find it then fails to win the battles required for further progress. SO My strategy this time is not to commence the Event till I breed Peridot

So far Ive had 2 X 20 hour Islands.

Count it up guys - thats almost 2 days out of 7 that I’m stuck with useless breeding dens- not to mention another 40 hours nest time. Surely S8 could tweak the common dragon task so that the odds against breeding 12+ hour fails are increased?

SO I have decided to give this food gobbling Event a miss. Even if I manage to breed Peridot I will only go as far as I need to get the first Dragon. I will save my food for dragons that can actually win battles. I am almost at breaking point with this game. All the enjoyment has gone. It’s become one of the most frustrating elements of my so-called relaxation regiment.

S8 PLEASE BRING BACK THE FUN.

Den8137259
06-05-18, 09:31 AM
I got a 3-hour buttercup lol ★

glenngenius
06-05-18, 10:16 AM
I think I got this by breeding yellow/green, first try. I don't recognize the egg so I think it's this one.

Phoenix406
06-05-18, 01:59 PM
I got it first try on my "baby" account, but not in my older account. I even activated my second den to increase my chances, but no luck yet.

LilliDee
06-05-18, 05:00 PM
Switched to Neo Air and Forest got a ten hour Fairytale fail followed by an 18 hour fail just now, but in 7 hours I have to hatch a three hour waste of time dragon that is impossible to breed. This game has given me the finger for the last time. Oh and by all means edit my post. I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of S8 cause they care sooooo much about ours.

JDanil07
06-06-18, 09:46 AM
I have been attempting to breed Peridot since the Tales was announced, with either Gemstone + Forest or Air + Forest. I have a Leaf, 2 Islands, 2 Emeralds, a Bliss, a Buttercup, and a Holographic. I'll be sticking to Air + Forest now because the fails are shorter, but I hate the disappointment when a 3-hour result turns out to be a Buttercup.

My Tales is on the "breed with Mist" task now so I can't make any more attempts until that breeding finishes. Time is running out.

I have completed every Tales event for a long time now, but this one might defeat me. I really don't want to use gold, either to buy Peridot or to open up my second breeding den.

JDanil07
06-06-18, 11:45 AM
I have been attempting to breed Peridot since the Tales was announced, with either Gemstone + Forest or Air + Forest. I have a Leaf, 2 Islands, 2 Emeralds, a Bliss, a Buttercup, and a Holographic. I'll be sticking to Air + Forest now because the fails are shorter, but I hate the disappointment when a 3-hour result turns out to be a Buttercup.

My Tales is on the "breed with Mist" task now so I can't make any more attempts until that breeding finishes. Time is running out.

I have completed every Tales event for a long time now, but this one might defeat me. I really don't want to use gold, either to buy Peridot or to open up my second breeding den.

When I wrote the above I forgot to include the two currently on the nests: a Fruitful and my 3rd Island. The Mist breeding is a 10-hour, so no luck there either.

LilliDee
06-06-18, 03:20 PM
I'm on the "hatch a Peridot" sped a Fruitful off my nest and bred....18 hr Nymph. Thanks S8. This will most likely be my first tales I can't complete due to no fault on my part. I have been trying to breed peridot since it came out, four island fails, emerald, a couple fairy tales, using basic air and forest now two nymphs which is the longest fail possible with air and forest, of course. I will not spend my gold on buying it. And skipping the task won't help either because we'll have to breed with the idiotic creature a couple of days from now and raise it to a level 6 so that will just involve more skipping.

Don't use gemstone and green to try for Peridot. The game says to use air and forest. It would have been helpful to know that to start with so at least none of us would have had to have had island fails although nymph is only two hours shorter. Whoopie.

KevinW07
06-07-18, 04:21 AM
GARBAGE - Total agreement with you Skyharbour

I havent been able to complete a Tales Event for months - primarily because I have almost zero luck breeding the compulsory ?common? dragon but also on the rare occasions Ive been ?allowed? to breed the ?common? Dragon Ive been forced to give it much of my hard acquired food, only to find it then fails to win the battles required for further progress. SO My strategy this time is not to commence the Event till I breed Peridot

So far Ive had 2 X 20 hour Islands.

Count it up guys - thats almost 2 days out of 7 that I?m stuck with useless breeding dens- not to mention another 40 hours nest time. Surely S8 could tweak the common dragon task so that the odds against breeding 12+ hour fails are increased?

SO I have decided to give this food gobbling Event a miss. Even if I manage to breed Peridot I will only go as far as I need to get the first Dragon. I will save my food for dragons that can actually win battles. I am almost at breaking point with this game. All the enjoyment has gone. It?s become one of the most frustrating elements of my so-called relaxation regiment.

S8 PLEASE BRING BACK THE FUN.

I feel for you! Too many other common dragons getting in the way also! I finally got mine with 2 days to spare on my seventh attempt using Quetzal and Air. Don't use Emerald & Forest as invariably only the really lucky ones will get Peridot. I tried that combo once and got Island right away. I experimented using my 2 baby islands and found that Quetzal and Air did the trick with only a few attempts on both of them.

Don't give up; there's still time! Good luck!

JDanil07
06-07-18, 07:32 AM
When I wrote the above I forgot to include the two currently on the nests: a Fruitful and my 3rd Island. The Mist breeding is a 10-hour, so no luck there either.

The 10-hour Mist + forest breeding was a Fairytale. Add a Parakeet and two more Buttercups. There's a 6-hour breeding now, either a Druid or a Leaf.

Phoenix406
06-07-18, 11:22 AM
I used Gemstone and Forest and got it on my first try on my baby account. I can't remember what I used to *finally* get it on my older account, but I think it was also Gemstone and Forest. It's all just luck. What works for one might not work for another. Don't blame others if a certain combo doesn't work for you.

cat_chick10
06-07-18, 11:39 AM
I used Gemstone and Forest. As risk, I suppose, given Island, but I didn't know what the suggested combo was and I didn't want to wait too long before starting to try.

pod5124cra
06-07-18, 03:05 PM
44841. Gemstone - Forest. Got it.

sharyl32
06-07-18, 03:18 PM
I think I got it with your combo. It gave me a 3 hr. fingers crossed and thank you

CranberryMil
06-07-18, 04:25 PM
44841. Gemstone - Forest. Not sure if it the one.

Yes it is

LilliDee
06-08-18, 01:04 AM
I still haven't been able to get this. DON'T try Quetzal and air. First try with that yielded my third Nymph. I had been trying the basic forest and air which gave me a cactus, two leaves and a fruitful. Why isn't this common breedable to all?? This is completely unfair. My tales ends on Sunday and I at this point since I've been trying to breed this so-called common for seven or eight days straight and haven't gotten it don't see that changing. Why is this being done to certain players? Why is there no addressing of this issue by any S8 representatives?

LilliDee
06-08-18, 01:12 AM
Have any android users gotten Peridot? Is that the issue here?

dovanificent
06-08-18, 07:16 AM
Have any android users gotten Peridot? Is that the issue here?

Yes, got it with air+forest

LilliDee
06-08-18, 08:15 AM
Yes, got it with air+forest

Thanks for responding. I still haven't bred it and I've been using that combo. I put a ticket in to support not that they'll do anything but I figure it's worth a shot since it's costing me the tales.

sharyl32
06-08-18, 03:41 PM
Gemstone/Green

Incubation Time 3 hours.

1st attempt Greenstone/Diamond 10 hours Bliss
2nd attempt Greenstone/Diamond 3 hours Peridot

Thank you for your combo. I used it and got it on my first try with it.

pearlsgirl23
06-09-18, 03:53 AM
Got it on second try with Air and Forest. 1st attempt = 18hrs = Nymph Dragon!!

fuzyundies
06-09-18, 09:37 AM
Got Peridot first try with Gemstone and Forest. I use Android.

Phaedrakiki
06-09-18, 02:29 PM
Ugh, I wish I would've known you could get Peridot with Air & Forest! I've lost count of my fails, but I've had at least 6 Islands, 5 in a row! Now I'm on the "Breed a Peridot" step. So I've activated my breeding den and I'm having to use some boosts. All to breed a silly common. But it really would've been nice to be able to avoid those Long Island fails. Well, I guess I'll throw some gold at it and try the yellow & green now. Wish me luck! And good luck to everyone else still trying to breed it!
Edit: Forgot to mention, I've been breeding since the tales started using gemstone & green.

Phaedrakiki
06-09-18, 02:34 PM
I see Kooky edited the main post just yesterday. Wonder why the yellow-green info wasn't added? Sure would have saved a lot of us some time, effort, boosts, and GOLD!
Edit: Then again, so would reading the goal properly! Oh man, I just reread it and it says yellow & green. I already had it in my head as green/gemstone, so I didn't notice that part. I'm usually really careful about reading everything, too. My bad.

LyannaTargaryn
06-10-18, 06:29 AM
I have not been able to breed a Peridot dragon and it seems that the Tales are the one thing that I get the material to craft the monthly special dragons so I bit the bullet and bought the dragon. This is so frustrating that we need to breed a dragon that is supposed to be a common dragon but we get anything but that dragon. I don't usually spend gold on anything other than the premium habitats so this was a big step for me. I don't thing the developers care about anything other than making money these days and us, the users, don't really matter anymore.

JDanil07
06-10-18, 09:27 AM
I have been attempting to breed Peridot since the day the Tales was announced, with either Gemstone + Forest or Air + Forest. I'm 2 days behind at this point, so there's no hope of finishing, but I'm still working on it just out of curiosity.

The current count: 6 Buttercups, 3 Islands, 3 Fruitfuls, 2 Leafs, 2 Emeralds, and one each of Bliss, Holographic, Fairytale, Druid, Parakeet, and Nymph. 10-hour mystery breeding now.

Phaedrakiki
06-10-18, 10:28 AM
I'm right there with you, same thing for me--a long line of fails & still failing.

Phaedrakiki
06-10-18, 10:43 AM
Omg, I just--finally--got it. Good luck, my friends (I know you need it!) Not sure if I got Peridot soon enough to finish the Tales, though. We'll see...

JDanil07
06-12-18, 02:34 PM
I have been attempting to breed Peridot since the day the Tales was announced, with either Gemstone + Forest or Air + Forest. I'm 2 days behind at this point, so there's no hope of finishing, but I'm still working on it just out of curiosity.

The current count: 6 Buttercups, 3 Islands, 3 Fruitfuls, 2 Leafs, 2 Emeralds, and one each of Bliss, Holographic, Fairytale, Druid, Parakeet, and Nymph. 10-hour mystery breeding now.

Peridot is on the nest, with 9 and a half hours left in the event. The final count was 8 Buttercups, 3 Islands, 4 Fruitfuls, 2 Leafs, 2 Emeralds, 2 Fairytales, and one each of Bliss, Holographic, Druid, Parakeet, Nymph. Cactus, and Loch Ness.

Ha ha ha. Very funny, Storm8.