PDA

View Full Version : June Dragons: Bright Diamond and Dark Amethyst Dragon

kooky panda
06-01-18, 11:24 AM
Bright Diamond- Earn Sapphire Shards during events and from the Ruby Egg.

Dark Amethyst Dragon- Earn Ruby Shards from Breeding and the the Sapphire Egg!

Energy and Stone Goal:

Have both dragon- Rewards 2500 coins.

Bright Diamond Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Diamond, Gemstone
Habitat: Diamond Fields, Gemstone Prairie
Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 4,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 21 hours
Exp Gained: 375 Exp
Collect 20,000 Sapphire Shards through events

Dark Amethyst Dragon
Type: Gemstone, Purple
Habitat: Gemstone Prairie, Purple Gardens
Collect 20,000 Ruby Shards through breeding and certain events. This will be the easier dragon to obtain.

Phoenix406
06-01-18, 12:43 PM
I must say that I am liking the gemstone theme they have going on this month. Unfortunately, I don't know how many I will be able to obtain, and I really need to cut back on how much I spend on this game. I spend well over a hundred a month on DS and FFS, and then when I get banned from the forum, seriously, it makes me not want to give S8 **any** more of my money. But kudos to them for creating some cool new dragons for this month!

Mostreal
06-01-18, 05:26 PM
I'm also liking the Gemstone theme! I'm excited for the Amethyst and I was planning to enchant the Gemstone dragons that I don't have so I have most of them, so more Gemstones totally fits into my plans!

glenngenius
06-01-18, 07:42 PM
I like the June prize dragons, especially the Bright Diamond.

Also, I love how the new gemstone habitat looks like. Can't wait to put it beside my Diamond habitats. :)

cat_chick10
06-01-18, 08:52 PM
I like these, they're pretty and much more exciting than the flower theme. Although I have been wondering why the Ruby Egg drops Sapphire Shards and vice versa. That's just setting people up to be confused and buy the wrong one.

skyharbor602
06-01-18, 09:47 PM
Bright Diamond Dragon
Type: Diamond, Gemstone
Habitat: Diamond Fields, Gemstone Prairie
Collect 20,000 Sapphire Shards through events

Dark Amethyst Dragon
Type: Gemstone, Purple
Habitat: Gemstone Prairie, Purple Gardens
Collect 20,000 Ruby Shards through breeding and certain events. This will be the easier dragon to obtain.

CranberryMil
06-02-18, 09:52 AM
Both looks cool but , as always are too hard to get

i wll wait for the inclusion of both in the codex some day in the future .

Mostreal
06-25-18, 11:22 AM
I'm about 700 sapphire shards short....hopefully we are getting a tournament or something soon as I have gotten all the shards from all the events so far so I'm not sure why I am still missing some.

ksbmommy
06-25-18, 11:29 AM
I'm about 700 sapphire shards short....hopefully we are getting a tournament or something soon as I have gotten all the shards from all the events so far so I'm not sure why I am still missing some.

Same here, short about the same amount.

AwesomeChefDad
06-25-18, 11:56 AM
Its called pushing people into spending gold.

The only way we can get these rewards is to spend gold, if you do your normal routine of 1 breeding den and do the tournaments and all that you wont make it. I spent gold on den usage and will barely make the easier reward but I am only half way through the other and that is doing all but one event and of course missing every single breed challenge even though I would try 24/7 with two dens when it came up.

The game is stacked against the player now...its all about forcing us to spend gold vs making these rewards attainable and enjoyable.

cat_chick10
06-25-18, 12:08 PM
I have found that is is usually possible to get both dragons without spending gold so there should be one more event coming. It's also only June 25 so there is still a bit of time left in the month. There will be some short event, I am guessing.

AnnirasSweets
06-25-18, 04:18 PM
I have found that is is usually possible to get both dragons without spending gold so there should be one more event coming. It's also only June 25 so there is still a bit of time left in the month. There will be some short event, I am guessing.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'd imagine since it's so near the end of the month it'll be a tournament next that will give us the final shards we need to craft Bright Diamond.

cat_chick10
06-26-18, 06:12 AM
That's what I'm thinking too. I'd imagine since it's so near the end of the month it'll be a tournament next that will give us the final shards we need to craft Bright Diamond.

Yeah, true. According to the order of events, it should be a Tales, but there's not enough time to do one. Unless they shorten it, or change the theme of it halfway through lol!
I'm about 2000 short, so I hope there's enough from whatever event it is!

Nuicakes
06-26-18, 10:09 AM

wow, that's awesome! I usually make it to one dragon but I've never been able to get both dragons.

cat_chick10
06-26-18, 10:51 AM
wow, that's awesome! I usually make it to one dragon but I've never been able to get both dragons.

It's the tournaments that really did it for me. I always managed to get the breeding dragon but could never get the other until I started to do tournaments.

deadpixel
06-29-18, 03:39 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45398&d=1530311662 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45398&d=1530311662)

I don’t usually enjoy the Leaderboard events but I have to say that playing this one helped get me the last few shards that completed the collection needed for the Bright Diamond. This is one of the few times I’ve actually managed to collect both of the month Long event dragons.

divanightclub
06-29-18, 09:46 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45398&d=1530311662 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45398&d=1530311662)

I don’t usually enjoy the Leaderboard events but I have to say that playing this one helped get me the last few shards that completed the collection needed for the Bright Diamond. This is one of the few times I’ve actually managed to collect both of the month Long event dragons.
I was able to craft both of them as well..
Congratulations on getting both of the monthly dragons..

glenngenius
06-30-18, 12:52 AM
Guys, I have a question. Does anyone ever tried selling their Dark Amethyst dragon so they can craft a new one? My spare ruby shards are enough to craft a second Dark Amethyst, and I was wondering if I should sell the one I had crafted before so I can craft a new one. Thanks! :)

AnnirasSweets
06-30-18, 08:16 AM
Guys, I have a question. Does anyone ever tried selling their Dark Amethyst dragon so they can craft a new one? My spare ruby shards are enough to craft a second Dark Amethyst, and I was wondering if I should sell the one I had crafted before so I can craft a new one. Thanks! :)

I feel silly that this idea never occurred to me! I went ahead and tried it out and right after I sold my Dark Amethyst it was available to craft. I'm currently crafting the second and will likely craft a third for the LB points so thanks for this idea.

manda587
06-30-18, 10:19 AM
Is this the last day to earn ruby shards?

glenngenius
06-30-18, 11:10 AM
I feel silly that this idea never occurred to me! I went ahead and tried it out and right after I sold my Dark Amethyst it was available to craft. I'm currently crafting the second and will likely craft a third for the LB points so thanks for this idea.

Thanks for the confirmation, AnnirasSweets! Will craft my second one after I sell the other.

Glad to be of help! (^^,)

Bastiaan0
07-03-18, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, AnnirasSweets! Will craft my second one after I sell the other.

Glad to be of help! (^^,)

If you have a stable, put it in there instead of selling it. If it works the same as with the codex, you are allowed to craft another dragon ;)

AnnirasSweets
07-03-18, 07:52 AM
If you have a stable, put it in there instead of selling it. If it works the same as with the codex, you are allowed to craft another dragon ;)

Sorry but not this month as they've put a Max 1 cap on the monthly dragons so after crafting the first, the craft is no longer available. Of course, even when they removed the cap (like with Neo Kitsune) it's pointless to craft and keep the duplicates as they're not able to be disenchanted for Essence.

Space is much too valuable on my island to allow duplicates that don't disenchant to linger. The cap only really troubled me when I felt like I was wasting all the extra material I had in storage but glenngenius gave me a lovely solution to this!

Anuisia
07-03-18, 09:14 AM
How much longer do we have to craft Bright Diamond? I am crafting Obsidian so my spell shop is busy for the next 36 hours.

manda587
07-03-18, 11:52 AM
It says 7 days on mine

cat_chick10
07-03-18, 12:27 PM
There is a quest available for 2 essence in the quests. It says I need a White Lotus dragon . . . shouldn't it be one of these two?

hungrydragons13
07-03-18, 01:03 PM
Ruby eggs no longer working!

kooky panda
07-03-18, 01:16 PM
There is a quest available for 2 essence in the quests. It says I need a White Lotus dragon . . . shouldn't it be one of these two?
Checking on this.

kooky panda
07-03-18, 01:17 PM
Ruby eggs no longer working!
Ruby Shards are no longer dropping since it is now July. You should be able to still craft these dragons for about a week.

AnnirasSweets
07-03-18, 03:55 PM
Nice! Once again they release the Essence Quest the same day they release a new DT both of which require the same building. Not cool, s8! We shouldn't have to choose between completing an event or earning free Essence. It's becoming a joke at this point.

AwesomeChefDad
07-03-18, 06:29 PM
Its pretty bad that when someone gets close but not close enough, even doing so much work that the cost to craft is so high. Why you guys keep making the more preferred of the pair near impossible to get is insulting to players. I shouldnt have to slave away doing every single event or have to buy some gizmo to get a simple prize. It didnt used to be like this.

deadpixel
07-03-18, 08:45 PM
Its pretty bad that when someone gets close but not close enough, even doing so much work that the cost to craft is so high. Why you guys keep making the more preferred of the pair near impossible to get is insulting to players. I shouldnt have to slave away doing every single event or have to buy some gizmo to get a simple prize. It didnt used to be like this.

Why is it "insulting"? I played extremely hard this month because I really wanted both these dragons as well as the one offered as the prize for the Tournament and actually managed to get them all without spending any gems.

All that effort made me appreciate these prizes more and far from feeling "insulted" I feel a sense of accomplishment.

If you feel "insulted" because you think S8 is dangling an unattainable prize in front of you, then I guess we have to be reminded that this is a Free-to-Play game, which means that while you do not have to pay to play most of the game, the developers will put in desirable elements that require extreme effort on our part to earn. Alternatively, we could also opt for the path of least resistance and just fork our cash to get them, but even in this respect, S8 has made it possible for you to earn free gold/gems if you'd just put in some effort to watch videos, take surveys, etc.

deadpixel
07-03-18, 09:16 PM
Nice! Once again they release the Essence Quest the same day they release a new DT both of which require the same building. Not cool, s8! We shouldn't have to choose between completing an event or earning free Essence. It's becoming a joke at this point.

Well, these Essence collection quests are in themselves jokes anyway since you only get 2 Essence points per collection that take 24 hours.

However, you can sneak in at least one quest before Chapter 3 and possibly one or two more in between some Chapters if you work harder on the other days.

AnnirasSweets
07-03-18, 09:35 PM

I agree that we shouldn't have to stay glued to our devices and complete each and every tournament and event to be able to craft the monthly dragon. It seems to me lately that all the new changes to the game are all to make it more difficult to get the prizes that for years we were able to get just by playing the game normally.

In regards to the monthly dragon prices however, the math shows that the price per piece to get the monthly dragon is actually way cheaper in comparison to the mining and battle craft dragons. For example it costs 6 gold per sand dollar for the Coconut Dragon, 15 gold per Tarot Card for the Tarot dragon but the Aquar Tiaras and Crowns are only 1 gold per piece which is much more reasonable.

Well, these Essence collection quests are in themselves jokes anyway since you only get 2 Essence points per collection that take 24 hours.

However, you can sneak in at least one quest before Chapter 3 and possibly one or two more in between some Chapters if you work harder on the other days.

I realize that and that's part of the reason it ticks me off so badly. The offer in itself is insulting as it offers so little reward and uses the harder to get monthly dragon that only a portion of players actually receive. So right off the bat, there's a very small amount of people who can get this very small reward of 14 free Essence from a week's worth of work. Then on top of all of that, they change the event schedule so that the Essence Quest is always released on the same day as a new DT starts which means that the already small amount of people who can claim this small benefit now becomes a tiny portion of players if any at all. After all, how many players are going to pass up on winning 3 new dragons for 14 free Essence? It's just maddening that they seem to be going out of their way to prevent people from getting the measly 14 free essence.

NeidusBluetip
07-04-18, 04:50 AM
Alternatively, we could also opt for the path of least resistance and just fork our cash to get them, but even in this respect, S8 has made it possible for you to earn free gold/gems if you'd just put in some effort to watch videos, take surveys, etc.

I’m not sure about anyone else, but in regards to obtaining gold/gems by watching videos, taking surveys and all that, it’s like a 1/1000 chance that you’ll even receive something like this? I’ve often wondered what the impossible odds are to ever land on one of those two dragons within the ‘Free Gift’ video watching gimmick. 9/10 I land on coins, as if we don’t have enough of those.

For sure I understand the F2P aspect, as the large majority of games are like this. I think it’s more the fact that players don’t really feel they’re being ‘given enough’ to want to continue playing. A game needs to entice players enough to *want* to return, stay loyal, pay real money, etc. Instead, many players are left feeling frustrated, burned out, neglected and generally worthless.

That being said, I have like, 19,875/20,000 blue shards to craft the last dragon. Couldn’t get it this time because I wasn’t playing 24/7 and micromanaging every second of the day to get every point imaginable -__- In my experience, it seems that if you don’t partake in every event, you’ve pretty much missed your chance.

AnnirasSweets
07-04-18, 06:46 AM
I’m not sure about anyone else, but in regards to obtaining gold/gems by watching videos, taking surveys and all that, it’s like a 1/1000 chance that you’ll even receive something like this? I’ve often wondered what the impossible odds are to ever land on one of those two dragons within the ‘Free Gift’ video watching gimmick. 9/10 I land on coins, as if we don’t have enough of those.

For sure I understand the F2P aspect, as the large majority of games are like this. I think it’s more the fact that players don’t really feel they’re being ‘given enough’ to want to continue playing. A game needs to entice players enough to *want* to return, stay loyal, pay real money, etc. Instead, many players are left feeling frustrated, burned out, neglected and generally worthless.

That being said, I have like, 19,875/20,000 blue shards to craft the last dragon. Couldn’t get it this time because I wasn’t playing 24/7 and micromanaging every second of the day to get every point imaginable -__- In my experience, it seems that if you don’t partake in every event, you’ve pretty much missed your chance.

I've found all of that to be true. In my game I'm lucky enough to receive the free daily videos from s8 to watch and earn one of three prizes that generally give coins and unneeded decos. As for those other atrocious offers for free gold? Well, the only thing that's ever paid out for me is watching a video which gives 1 gold. But for the last several months there have been zero offers for videos in any of my games (and I check daily) also I've never had a single offer to download or play another game for gold, all my offers are for surveys (which have never paid out once) and sign up offers where I have to spend actual cash. If I wanted to spend cash, I'd just buy the gold thanks instead of wasting my money and essentially signing up for spamming and giving my personal information to anyone who buys it.

I've heard some people make a lot of gold from those offer and I'm happy for them but for the overall majority of players the extra offers aren't worth the trouble and lots of Android users can't even access them. The truth is that you can only get the harder-to-get monthly dragon by participating in all events/tourneys and finishing (or nearly finishing) them all. It would be nice if s8 would tell us in advance of events how many of what materials could be earned that way players could sit down and figure out which events they needed to get the dragons and which they skip. Doubt it will happen as they want us to feel like we have to do every single event or we'll miss out. It's a sound business model but it's not one that engenders good feelings from the customers.

AwesomeChefDad
07-04-18, 09:03 AM
I agree that we shouldn't have to stay glued to our devices and complete each and every tournament and event to be able to craft the monthly dragon. It seems to me lately that all the new changes to the game are all to make it more difficult to get the prizes that for years we were able to get just by playing the game normally.

In regards to the monthly dragon prices however, the math shows that the price per piece to get the monthly dragon is actually way cheaper in comparison to the mining and battle craft dragons. For example it costs 6 gold per sand dollar for the Coconut Dragon, 15 gold per Tarot Card for the Tarot dragon but the Aquar Tiaras and Crowns are only 1 gold per piece which is much more reasonable.

I realize that and that's part of the reason it ticks me off so badly. The offer in itself is insulting as it offers so little reward and uses the harder to get monthly dragon that only a portion of players actually receive. So right off the bat, there's a very small amount of people who can get this very small reward of 14 free Essence from a week's worth of work. Then on top of all of that, they change the event schedule so that the Essence Quest is always released on the same day as a new DT starts which means that the already small amount of people who can claim this small benefit now becomes a tiny portion of players if any at all. After all, how many players are going to pass up on winning 3 new dragons for 14 free Essence? It's just maddening that they seem to be going out of their way to prevent people from getting the measly 14 free essence.

The problem I had with pricing is that you can buy the dragon outright for 4k doing nothing, anyone can do that and not make any effort. I got over 17k of the sapphire pieces and it was going to cost me 2500 plus after doing two events and two battle tournaments, I only missed one event. It does not make sense that they dont make the cost relative to the total required pieces...so 4k is with zero pieces, it takes 20k to craft it so why not make it 5 pieces per one gold? In this case it would have run me 500 gold and not 2500.

AnnirasSweets
07-04-18, 11:42 AM
The problem I had with pricing is that you can buy the dragon outright for 4k doing nothing, anyone can do that and not make any effort. I got over 17k of the sapphire pieces and it was going to cost me 2500 plus after doing two events and two battle tournaments, I only missed one event. It does not make sense that they dont make the cost relative to the total required pieces...so 4k is with zero pieces, it takes 20k to craft it so why not make it 5 pieces per one gold? In this case it would have run me 500 gold and not 2500.

I see what you mean now, I was looking at the prices for the current dragons in the spell shop only. I sort of forgot that they were available in the market too since I simply refuse to purchase dragons for the prices they're asking. In my mind, anything over 200 gold for a dragon is way to much. Unless they're GPDs or something of course.

Anyway, I also think that the dragons should be on a sliding scale that correlates with how much effort we've put in. Not just the spell shop dragons, but all event dragons that are available in the market. There's nothing worse than missing those last points needed to earn a dragon (for whatever reason) only to find that you can only get the dragon by paying full price for it from the market. I refuse to believe that they'd lose money by having the dragon's price reflect how far you got in an event because I know many players who refuse to purchase dragons at full price but would gladly pay a percentage of the price so in my mind that says they'd be making more gold than they do now if they went with the sliding scale pricing.

Xyn25
07-04-18, 07:03 PM
My main problem this month is that the leaderboards got insanely hard and I slacked on the first one of the month, since I had zero chance of winning it anyway. This meant I had to spend a ton of gold on the second leaderboard to complete the milestones for the Bright Diamond dragon.
On previous months, with longer events, it was easier for me to finish most events and I had pieces to spare for both monthly dragons.

hungryres
07-05-18, 12:02 AM
It's the tournaments that really did it for me. I always managed to get the breeding dragon but could never get the other until I started to do tournaments.

last month (may,), or two months (may, apr dragons) i can get the one earned from event.
but playing the same cannot do the same for me to get June dragon , bright diamond.
there were two short tournaments , that were repeated event from the past, that did not drop blue shrads.

cannot get event dragon for me this time, but can only get the one earned from breeding pts (i had experienced once or twice in the past that i did not earn enough pts from breeding, not sure why).

merlin3108
07-05-18, 10:43 PM
Since the July dragons have been releases I no longer get Sapphire Shards, even though the event itself is still running for another five days. I'm playing DT and got tiaras - so I should get Shards as well

Anyone else have this problem (I kniw this has been an issue in previous months but so far it never happened to me). I'm only 900 Shards short of getting Bright Diamond and I really wanted this dragon!

Sunny807
07-06-18, 01:47 AM
It's every month the same, the event is over but you can still craft them for a few days more

AnnirasSweets
07-06-18, 10:17 AM
The rule of thumb is that last month's materials (shards this time) stop dropping as soon as the new monthly dragons are released but the crafting of last month's dragons lasts an extra 7 days after the introduction of the new ones.

kooky panda
07-08-18, 09:04 AM
This has been fixed. The Bright Diamond is now showing. Thanks for reporting!