Rynetory2
05-25-18, 09:12 AM
Coral Croc

Element: Sea, Nature
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

Callyvitale19
05-25-18, 12:15 PM
Coral Croc - 8 hrs. Raise Coral Croc to L10 for 1500 crowns and 250 deep sea scales

Sugarcat5
05-25-18, 12:22 PM
Coral Croc - 8 hrs. Raise Coral Croc to L10 for 1500 crowns. Wolffish requires 2000 pts

Wow...u got one already...congrats!! I have one ocean ape n 2 turtisles so far.

liesl23
05-25-18, 12:35 PM
Coral Croc - 8 hrs. Raise Coral Croc to L10 for 1500 crowns and 250 deep sea scale

which two animal did you use to get the coral Croc?

oficeandfire
05-25-18, 12:40 PM
which two animal did you use to get the coral Croc?

I got an 11hr breeding...so guessing it?s either the ocean owl or the seamur- which I have neither so I guess that?s ok for now...

Callyvitale19
05-25-18, 12:57 PM
which two animal did you use to get the coral Croc?I went with commons, frostfang and Pandaffodil. Good luck

AppieP
05-25-18, 01:11 PM
Congrats with your Coral Croc Callyvitale19, and thanks for sharing.

Callyvitale19
05-25-18, 01:19 PM
Congrats with your Coral Croc Callyvitale19, and thanks for sharing.thank you. It took quite a few 5hr and 6 hr breedings to get it but I was in a very competitive group in LB so after I got the sea lion I just started saving my gems and stashing food for WE.

liesl23
05-25-18, 03:37 PM
I went with commons, frostfang and Pandaffodil. Good luck

Thank you!

Dollbabie89
05-25-18, 11:00 PM
I have a 8 hour timer but no gems to speed it up, is the croc the only 8 hr timer animal I can get with the commons frostfang and pandaffodil? Just curious, i never get the animal to get the rewards, so if I did get it on the first try I'll be so shocked

Rynetory2
05-25-18, 11:09 PM
I have a 8 hour timer but no gems to speed it up, is the croc the only 8 hr timer animal I can get with the commons frostfang and pandaffodil? Just curious, i never get the animal to get the rewards, so if I did get it on the first try I'll be so shocked

Aquatter is also 8 hrs of same combo. See https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1451873&viewfull=1#post1451873

DragonPhoenix6
05-25-18, 11:10 PM
I have a 8 hour timer but no gems to speed it up, is the croc the only 8 hr timer animal I can get with the commons frostfang and pandaffodil? Just curious, i never get the animal to get the rewards, so if I did get it on the first try I'll be so shocked Aquatter is also 8 hours...

Dollbabie89
05-26-18, 02:49 AM
Tyvm that's probably what I have in my nest

alienonacid
05-26-18, 10:38 AM
I have the croc. Used Aquatter 10 and Pandaffodil 15. Hope this helps someone.

Dollbabie89
05-26-18, 12:59 PM
I checked my nest today it is the coral croc not Aquatter, so I got it on the first try thankfully!!! Good luck to everybody else!!!

SoJam
05-26-18, 01:50 PM
5-hour fail; 5-hour fail; 14-hour fail; 13-hour fail... fun times.
I think I may have Sea Horse on the nest. Somebody will have to be released when that hatches.

miadoubled
05-26-18, 02:52 PM
I got last night as well.. phew because again i forgot the other possibilty! Good luck to all still trying !!

oficeandfire
05-27-18, 07:52 AM
5-hour fail; 5-hour fail; 14-hour fail; 13-hour fail... fun times.
I think I may have Sea Horse on the nest. Somebody will have to be released when that hatches.

I had 2-11hr fails, 3-5 hour fails and now I have an 8hr timer and dont want to even waste my gems at this point- its probably aquatter with my luck! Fails surely stink!

oficeandfire
05-27-18, 07:21 PM
I had 2-11hr fails, 3-5 hour fails and now I have an 8hr timer and dont want to even waste my gems at this point- its probably aquatter with my luck! Fails surely stink!
Aaaannndddd I was right :(

AppieP
05-27-18, 09:22 PM
And what do you guys think of this fail time:

honoroll321
05-28-18, 06:12 AM
Yay I have one! But it says on event info that if I raise it to lv ten, I can get 500 pts. But on the goals it says that if I raise it to lv ten, I only get 250 pts (scales I guess)

SoJam
05-28-18, 03:58 PM
Yay I have one! But it says on event info that if I raise it to lv ten, I can get 500 pts. But on the goals it says that if I raise it to lv ten, I only get 250 pts (scales I guess)

250 points to hatch it; then another 250 points to raise it to L10: 500 points total. That's why the event info says UP TO 500 points, because not everyone who manages to breed it will be willing and/able to feed it and complete 2 evolutions before time runs out.

SoJam
05-28-18, 04:06 PM
And what do you guys think of this fail time:

Oh, you poor thing! LOL
Is that splendidly awful; or awfully splendid?
There'll be no such dilemma for me. I don't even have a Crystal Unicorn.

SoJam
05-28-18, 04:12 PM
Can I recall how many Chilly Goats I've sold from the nest this weekend? Neh eh eh eh!
Now what the heck is this 16-hour one now?

MauiLady7
05-28-18, 05:26 PM
Can I recall how many Chilly Goats I've sold from the nest this weekend? Neh eh eh eh!

a 16 Hour timer is a Skyena. I just got my first 8 hour timer after I speed bred 3 times. I will wait till I have an empty nest before speed breeding my fate. Fingers are crossed.

oficeandfire
05-28-18, 07:16 PM

I have been trying non stop since the task came out and have gotten everything possible at least 2x SO frustrating!!! Now I don?t have a chilly goat yet and I just got a 14hr timer but geez can I just get the croc yet!?!

deadpixel
05-28-18, 09:13 PM
I have been trying non stop since the task came out and have gotten everything possible at least 2x SO frustrating!!! Now I don?t have a chilly goat yet and I just got a 14hr timer but geez can I just get the croc yet!?!

This is a Super Rare creature so it’s onlt natural that it’s difficult to breed. I’d save my hair pulling for when I expand this much effort trying for a common.

With Super Rares, it’s mostly easier (and cheaper too for those of us planning on speed breeding and hatching) to just buy it from the store.

oficeandfire
05-29-18, 07:49 AM
This is a Super Rare creature so it?s onlt natural that it?s difficult to breed. I?d save my hair pulling for when I expand this much effort trying for a common.

With Super Rares, it?s mostly easier (and cheaper too for those of us planning on speed breeding and hatching) to just buy it from the store.

Yeah I suppose your right in some cases. Ive probably only wasted about 20 gems so far though and the croc is 600 (which I don?t have). It was easier for me to get a chystal unicorn than this croc!

deadpixel
05-29-18, 09:31 AM
It was easier for me to get a chystal unicorn than this croc!
Tell me about it! I got my fourth Emerald Dragon while trying for the Croc. Will be selling it away for lack of space :(

Alohatami
05-29-18, 10:08 AM
Whether they are super rare or common, I don't think it makes much difference - they are just plain hard to get. I was really hoping to make 1500 to get the turtle, but I'm starting to lose hope. The fails have been so long! I have been speeding a bit here and there, but at the moment those feel like totally wasted gems. I'm probably barely going to miss that 1500 point level, too. *sigh*

SoJam
05-29-18, 12:05 PM
Whether they are super rare or common, I don't think it makes much difference - they are just plain hard to get. I was really hoping to make 1500 to get the turtle, but I'm starting to lose hope. The fails have been so long! I have been speeding a bit here and there, but at the moment those feel like totally wasted gems. I'm probably barely going to miss that 1500 point level, too. *sigh*

Rarity doesn't have JACK to do with it. Whenever a particular creature is sought after by most players to fulfill a particular goal or step, the darn thing drops at the rate of something beyond super-duper-hyper-ultra rarity. In fact, I find that you're likely to crank out all kinds of super-rare long-breeds when you are desperately trying to breed one particular common or rare that should only take a few hours. So not only are you enduring multiple fails, but painfully LONG multiple fails that tie up both breeding and hatching. Then you are hard-pressed with the option of selling these precious breeds from the nest because you have no space to house them just yet with your habitat limit or lack of land.

In this particular quest, I've unearthed super-rares I didn't even know existed. (True I only started playing last month after quitting the game a few years ago.) Of course, not everyone will suffer this; some will get the thing on the first try. Some who pay no attention to goals and events may stumble upon the breed not knowing that nearly every other player is tearing their hair out for it.

I try to breed without caring; otherwise, I'd be sobbing and rocking myself in a corner. I speed to close the gap between my Breeding Garden and nests. It's beginning to add up (or is it subtract?), especially when the 5-hour Snowy Egret or Ocean Ape show up between the longer breeds. Sooner or later, I need to stop this.

honoroll321
05-29-18, 04:22 PM
Pfft duh. Should have known that. Thanks!

Phoenix406
05-29-18, 05:47 PM
I got the Croc on my newer account. I'm sorry - I don't remember what I used. But no luck on my older account, although today I got a 41 hour timer, which I believe is a Quartz Quetzalcoatl. Yay!

AppieP
05-29-18, 09:25 PM
I got the Croc on my newer account. I'm sorry - I don't remember what I used. But no luck on my older account, although today I got a 41 hour timer, which I believe is a Quartz Quetzalcoatl. Yay!

Congrats on both creatures:D I had almost the same long 'fail' timer, but I can finally continue trying for the Coral Croc, before it's too late.

nativeelfstar
05-30-18, 01:27 PM
Happy to have been able to breed this animal :) I have not had good luck for the rest of this event. So I am happy with this.

Alohatami
05-31-18, 02:25 AM
Finally got an eight hour timer. But with my luck, it's probably an Aquatter. I guess I'll find out in the morning.

Update: I sped the last hour to get the egg on the nest, and I think I got it! It doesn't look like the Aquatter egg, so unless there's another 8 hour fail, I might actually make 2,000 points this time. :D

oficeandfire
05-31-18, 07:50 AM

I?m in the same predicament! I have had so many fails and have used gems to speed things up only to get more fails. I wanted the turtle and nothing else and that doesn?t seem possible. I?m just barely at 1,100 scales and I?ve been breeding, evolving, and harvesting the whole time. I took a break from trying to breed the croc hoping maybe when I try again I get it but I?m sure that won?t happen :(

SoJam
05-31-18, 10:52 AM
That's it. I hate this stupid crocodile. Hate it, hate it, HATE it!
So I'm still putting the Water-Nature pairs to breed, but not sure why I'm still bothering. I decided this morning not to spend any more gems to speed or close the gaps between den and nests. This has been a disgusting experience. Even if Coral Croc lands on my nest now, it will be too little too late. I doubt I'll have time to evolve it twice. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't want to squander food reserves to get it to even L4, yet alone L10! I will need the food for tomorrow's new event; that is IF I don't just delete the game before the announcements come and pull me in again.

reddog2Times
05-31-18, 12:03 PM
That’s exactly my thought. This game is rigged.

Phoenix406
05-31-18, 12:11 PM
That's it. I hate this stupid crocodile. Hate it, hate it, HATE it!
So I'm still putting the Water-Nature pairs to breed, but not sure why I'm still bothering. I decided this morning not to spend any more gems to speed or close the gaps between den and nests. This has been a disgusting experience. Even if Coral Croc lands on my nest now, it will be too little too late. I doubt I'll have time to evolve it twice. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't want to squander food reserves to get it to even L4, yet alone L10! I will need the food for tomorrow's new event; that is IF I don't just delete the game before the announcements come and pull me in again.

SoJam, I am so glad that you have come to the forum to join us. You post frequently and your comments are meaningful and helpful. I just want to encourage you, although this might sound more like discouragement, but it is a **very** common experience to not be able to breed these limited time animals like the Coral Croc. So, on the one hand, don't be discouraged, because it happens to all of us, and it's just going to keep happening in future events, which I know is discouraging. It has only been over about the last few months to a year that they have come up with this deal that you need to breed a certain animal during the World Events to get extra points/shells/whatever they are called during any particular event, and it has caused *a lot* of frustration among players. I now have 2 FFS and 2 DS games, and invariably one will be able to breed the limited time creature, making that account eligible for community prizes and such, and the other account will not be able to breed it, and falls behind on obtaining animals, food, runes, etc. Just keep playing and try not to get too attached to the outcome. Another thing I have learned is that a lot of these animals come around again. If you can't get the animals you want in this event, they will probably show up in the future in the shop, in a value package, or as a milestone in a leaderboard event. I used to think that once an animal was gone, it was gone for good, but nope! They keep coming back. I hope this is helpful. :)

AppieP
05-31-18, 02:44 PM
How is it possible I only breed the commons Snowy Egret and Ocean Ape. I am breeding with a Crystal hybrid and Pandaffodil, but really - not even one - other timer than the stupid 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.......? So annoying only seeing 5 over and over again.

Penguin2016
06-01-18, 12:01 PM
Just some thoughts... I think there’s probably an algorithm to how many (and which) players are able to breed these super rare animals. I’ve noticed a pattern in my game where I’ll have a month with relatively decent breeding luck followed by a month or two of being unable to breed any of the super rares. I wonder if there’s a set number of these animals that can be bred, and perhaps players who have recently had poor luck (and maybe those who make a lot of gem purchases) are given somewhat greater odds of obtaining the super rare animal.