PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Shimmering Shores - 2018 May 18 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
05-18-18, 01:46 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44369

Event Schedule
Event is live from May 18 at 11:30am PT.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the Storm8 time zone.

How to play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463689&viewfull=1#post1463689

Event Boost
Shoreline Wheel - collect 20 points / 2.5 hours (175 gems)
Shareline Drapery - collect 60 points / 2.5 hours (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to game levels.

50 points - Mystery box
350 points - Orcoral Whale (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1516206&viewfull=1#post1516206)
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - Shoreline Stones
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - Aqua Ursa (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453351&viewfull=1#post1453351)
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,200 points - Pristine Pools (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104633-Fantasy-Forest-Habitats-Guide&p=1516474&viewfull=1#post1516474)
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,400 points - Tidesdale (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454803&viewfull=1#post1454803)
6,000 points - Shoal Sea Lion (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1516207&viewfull=1#post1516207)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44411

Rank Prizes
1st - Ocean Ocelot (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1516204&viewfull=1#post1516204), Gold trophy
2nd - Ocean Ocelot (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1516204&viewfull=1#post1516204), Silver trophy
3rd - Bronze trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 35,000 coins, 20,000 food, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 25,000 coins, 15,000 food
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals
A Whale of an Appetite
Goal 1
Hatch an Orcoral Whale
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2
Raise your Orcoral Whale to level 3
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 3

Raise your Orcolate Whale to lvl 12
REWARD: 400 leaderboard points

Orcoral Whale - 8 hrs

Shoal Sea Lion - 8 hrs

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Callyvitale19
05-18-18, 06:44 AM
Not my favorite LB animals but we need the sea foam lion for wave rider and without any new land expansion I'm out of room. I'm not a big fan of the cat if that's the big prize so I won't be putting any effort or gems to get it. Good luck to those who want it.

AppieP
05-18-18, 09:12 AM
Not my favorite LB animals but we need the sea foam lion for wave rider and without any new land expansion I'm out of room. I'm not a big fan of the cat if that's the big prize so I won't be putting any effort or gems to get it. Good luck to those who want it.

I'm joining you, also not really trying for. I don't need the Seafoam Lion for the Wave Rider, because I missed the first one from the WE. So NO WAY I can get the Rider.
I'm only curious about how the milestone looks like. Hope with a few creatures I don't posses. Good luck everyone.

heyyou0123
05-18-18, 09:59 AM
Me too, i like the fish that all, trophy don’t look good lol, save weapon for next x i think

Phoenix406
05-18-18, 11:26 AM
I like the whale/dolphin (wholphin?) and the cat, but the cat is very close to the one we just got a couple events ago. Now all the cats look like they are based on a Bobcat, which I thought was cool at first, but now it's getting repetitive. Maybe they don't give the designers enough time or enough money to come up with original designs all the time. I mean, there are almost 40 species of wild cats in the world. They could use a different one for a base each time. (I know, I know, I have high expectations.)
Anyway, overall I am very excited about the leaderboard.

Callyvitale19
05-18-18, 12:13 PM
Orcoral Whale - 8 hrs

Phoenix406
05-18-18, 12:24 PM
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Thank you for making the Tidesdale a milestone prize! I have wanted him so badly but didn't ever complete the tournament. I will be so happy when he comes to live on my islands! :)

miadoubled
05-18-18, 01:58 PM
Goodnesssss why oh why do i get put in these leaderboards with so many people who completed all the milestones an hour into the event. :( eh im not a fan of the cat since it looks like last two anyway but jeez laweeeez

oficeandfire
05-18-18, 02:53 PM
I am new to FFS. It says to collect every 2.5hrs from the shoreline drapery and the shoreline wheel... where do I find that?

Callyvitale19
05-18-18, 02:53 PM
I've gotten to spin the wheel twice now and both times I got 10 runes but I've reached my limit on land expansion. There are new animals in this LB but I guess unless I find some dups I can sell they'll have to stay in storage. I did sell one so I could get the whale but the rest are unknown.

AppieP
05-18-18, 03:13 PM
Too bad I also got the Aqua Ursa and the Tidesdale last month during the Colosseum. Like the habitat. Is it a new one? Anyone knows more about this habitat? TIA

AppieP
05-18-18, 03:15 PM
I?m new to FFS. It says to collect every 2.5hrs from the shoreline drapery and the shoreline wheel...what does that mean where do I find that?

You can buy these items in your store with gems if you want. The game shows you all the options you can do for collecting points during the LB. Good luck.

oficeandfire
05-18-18, 03:23 PM
I see now, for a lot of gems! Thanks!

Callyvitale19
05-18-18, 03:37 PM
Too bad I also got the Aqua Ursa and the Tidesdale last month during the Colosseum. Like the habitat. Is it a new one? Anyone knows more about this habitat? TIA
I also have the Tidesdale and the Aqua Ursa so I won't have to hatch them or find any empty habitat to put them in. If this is going to continue to happen I guess I can stop playing the colosseum

AppieP
05-18-18, 03:51 PM
I also have the Tidesdale and the Aqua Ursa so I won't have to hatch them or find any empty habitat to put them in. If this is going to continue to happen I guess I can stop playing the colosseum

LOL was exactly thinking the same thing. Thanks for the pic of the habitat. Was hoping it also could holds dark, and it does. Thanks a lot.

Callyvitale19
05-18-18, 05:06 PM
Shoal Sea Lion - 8 hrs

I sure hope the Shoal Sea Lion and the Sea Foam Lion are one and the same. The shoal egg is the same colors as the sea foam lion

Rynetory2
05-18-18, 07:28 PM
I sure hope the Shoal Sea Lion and the Sea Foam Lion are one and the same. The shoal egg is the same colors as the sea foam lion

Congrats on getting it so super fast! :D It's the same. You should have it marked completed in your Wave Rider goal. Let me know if it's not checked off. I have flagged over earlier on the name discrepancy.

Callyvitale19
05-18-18, 07:44 PM
Congrats on getting it so super fast! :D It's the same. You should have it marked completed in your Wave Rider goal. Let me know if it's not checked off. I have flagged over earlier on the name discrepancy.thank you. The sea lion egg hasn't hatched yet but I'll let you know when it does.

Edit: the egg just hatched and it did get checked off.

AppieP
05-18-18, 11:42 PM
Goal 2

AppieP
05-18-18, 11:56 PM
WOW, so far all my mystery boxes includes realm runes for me:p
The first 5, and the other 2 so far 10!!!!
Really happy with it. And I forgot all about the 24 extra from the last SB. I need to do those quickly.

SoJam
05-19-18, 03:42 AM
Goal 2

How far into the "Cirlets on the Shoreline" goal does that happen? Step 2? Step 6?

AppieP
05-19-18, 03:48 AM
How far into the "Cirlets on the Shoreline" goal does that happen? Step 2? Step 6?

It's goal 2 for the side quest;
A tale of an Appetite.

Wasn't holding tracks for the "Circlets on the Shoreline", but for this goal you only need to hatch the Orcolate Whale. For all the goals in this side quest you need to raise your points during the LB and completing the milestone. For all the steps you achieve you will be rewarded with Tidal Tiaras. Hope this helps

SoJam
05-20-18, 03:28 AM
I got only 45 points for hatching King of the Sea. Shouldn't there have been a 40-point bonus since he is ultra-rare?

AppieP
05-20-18, 04:35 AM
I got only 45 points for hatching King of the Sea. Shouldn't there have been a 40-point bonus since he is ultra-rare?

You only get extra points for creatures who are breedable. So for unbreedable you don't get extra points. King of the Sea is one of them.

SoJam
05-20-18, 08:41 AM
You only get extra points for creatures who are breedable. So for unbreedable you don't get extra points. King of the Sea is one of them.

Oh wow. That kinda sukks, especially since I almost never breed supers. All my ultras and nearly all my supers are prizes. LOL. Oh well, taking note and moving right along.

SoJam
05-21-18, 04:58 AM
Goal 2

Question for S8 people: If a boost is in effect, will it multiply the extra points awarded by this goal? Or will the boost only apply to the feeding and evolving of the whale in this case?

AppieP
05-21-18, 06:18 AM
Question for S8 people: If a boost is in effect, will it multiply the extra points awarded by this goal? Or will the boost only apply to the feeding and evolving of the whale in this case?

Yes I used a boost while feeding, and the reward also did get a boost for the reward. Sometimes I saw some didn't get it, but usually it does. Hope this helps. Let us know if it does for you too. So pay attention on keeping track for your leaderboard points.

miadoubled
05-21-18, 07:03 AM
So happy i got the tidesdale! Came sooo close last month. Now its mine:)

JustKay
05-23-18, 12:30 AM
So happy i got the tidesdale! Came sooo close last month. Now its mine:)

I'm kinda annoyed since I worked hard to earn it (both the first time when the feature was sort of broken, and then again when it returned) and now they're just giving it away as a milestone goal >_< if only i had known. the aqua ursa too. that was a fairly recent tournament prize and now it's a low points milestone prize. makes me wonder why I'm even stressing out about not being close to getting the lantern fish tournament prize right now...

I am glad it makes you happy, I just wished I'd saved myself the effort :)

Callyvitale19
05-23-18, 10:29 AM
So glad I decided on the 1st day that I didn't want to go after the cat. In my group there are 4 or 5 players so close that it will be a frenzy for the top prize. Good luck.

alienonacid
05-23-18, 11:09 AM
I'm kinda annoyed since I worked hard to earn it (both the first time when the feature was sort of broken, and then again when it returned) and now they're just giving it away as a milestone goal >_< if only i had known. the aqua ursa too. that was a fairly recent tournament prize and now it's a low points milestone prize. makes me wonder why I'm even stressing out about not being close to getting the lantern fish tournament prize right now...

I am glad it makes you happy, I just wished I'd saved myself the effort :)

Amen to this.

SoJam
05-24-18, 09:50 PM
Can someone please post the last step in Circlets On The Shoreline?
What is the step after "Earn a Tidesdale..
and hatch it"? Will we need to actually hatch the Shoal Sea Lion also? (Hoping no, because I just levelled up to L29 and didn't get a much-needed habitat increase.)

SoJam
05-24-18, 09:59 PM
Yes I used a boost while feeding, and the reward also did get a boost for the reward. Sometimes I saw some didn't get it, but usually it does. Hope this helps. Let us know if it does for you too. So pay attention on keeping track for your leaderboard points.

Yes! The 400-point bonus was doubled on my golden boost session. I won't make it to the podium for a trophy or the chubby kitty but at least I was able to clear all the milestones. One boost was all I could manage.

SoJam
05-24-18, 10:07 PM
Can someone please post the last step in Circlets On The Shoreline?
What is the step after "Earn a Tidesdale..
and hatch it"? Will we need to actually hatch the Shoal Sea Lion also? (Hoping no, because I just levelled up to L29 and didn't get a much-needed habitat increase.)

So much for hopes. We DO need to hatch the last animal; or forfeit 1000 Tidal Tiaras for Queen of the Sea. Grrrrrrr!

SoJam
05-25-18, 10:57 AM
My last spin on that wonky wheel and what do I get? MORE stinkin' Shimmering Shells. I got 36 of those useless ill-proportioned things this week and they don't quite go with anything else decor-wise. Pssh.

Phoenix406
05-25-18, 11:35 AM
My last spin on that wonky wheel and what do I get? MORE stinkin' Shimmering Shells. I got 36 of those useless ill-proportioned things this week and they don't quite go with anything else decor-wise. Pssh.

I have 2 FFS games and 2 Dragon Story games, and on all 4 of them I spun and won decos more than in any previous leaderboards ever. I am wondering if they have changed their algorithm or something (the wheel of chance is obviously not totally random). I was especially disappointed in DS as I really needed the points to even finish the milestones, much less to try to win anything. I was happy that I got Runes 3x in FS, though. I think I also won the Ocean Ocelot on my newer account, even though I wasn't trying super hard. On the other account it was way out of reach.

JustKay
05-25-18, 12:22 PM
The trophy is super small. I wonder if this was what they intended. I was expecting bigger.

AppieP
05-25-18, 12:30 PM
Indeed a very small trophy.

Egg - Ocean Ocelot 15 hours.

gramland
05-25-18, 01:31 PM

Congrats AppieP !

oficeandfire
05-25-18, 01:48 PM

Ugh me too! I sold all of mine except 4 just Incase. Not that I can ever see using them

oficeandfire
05-25-18, 01:49 PM

I can?t wait to hatch mine! And luckily I made it just in time for the tidesdale! I think we should have gotten food and realm tunes too though...

AppieP
05-25-18, 02:55 PM
Congrats AppieP !

Thanks a lot gramland. And if I'm not mistaken you just send me a gem this week, sorry I couldn't return the favor:o. Loyal gem buddy's - sorry

Phoenix406
05-25-18, 03:58 PM
I hope that I got the right amount of food for my final prize. It doesn't look like my food count went up at all, but I honestly don't know exactly how much I had to begin with. But I only have 16,607 now, and if I won 15,000 food, that means that I only had 1, 607 to begin with, and I don't think I was that low because I had stopped feeding animals for evolution a couple days ago so that I could rebuild by stash. Did everyone else seem to get the right amount of food?

Rynetory2
05-25-18, 10:13 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

LilliDee
05-25-18, 11:17 PM
This is the first leaderboard I couldn't complete. I barely made it to Tidesdale. Have the hatching and evolving points changed? And I never spun more than 60 points at a time. Really disappointing if all the events are going to demand gem spending to complete. Is S8 run by the Seattle City Council??

Justplainjessi89
05-27-18, 07:35 AM
I'm kind of confused about the leaderboards, how big are the group we get put in? And how do they decide what group you are in?

miadoubled
05-27-18, 08:13 AM
I'm kind of confused about the leaderboards, how big are the group we get put in? And how do they decide what group you are in?

Im not sure how they work but it seems that spenders are put together most times. I have two accounts, this last leaderboard i was able to place 4th on my baby account without hardly going on it. As for my normal account, there was a battle since jump between 6people who wrre over 30k a day in. Its a mystery

AppieP
05-27-18, 10:01 AM

I think that it's have all to do how you did last LB. If you ended low last time you will be placed with those who also ended low with almost the same amount as you did last time. So the next one can be easier for you.
So if you are a really big gem spender - and so end high - the change you will be placed in a big though group are bigger.
With this keeping in mind you can win one and the next time lose one. I've seen this a lot, also with me. So sometimes you need to consider not even trying for - especially if your not like the design of the creatures. Hope this can help you a little.

Rynetory2
06-05-18, 08:19 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.