PDA

View Full Version : Why Avatar Keeps Changing At The Counter?

sophiacml
03-31-11, 07:40 PM
I thought the profile lady is the only avatar that we created for our own counter avatar. However, every time the design tab refreshed, it changed. Why? It doesn't make any senses the owner changes her looks even skin color rapidly. Even going through plastic surgery needs time to heal!

sehana
03-31-11, 07:47 PM
I noticed that too, it doesn't other me though. It's like a different person works the cash register, like a store changing shifts, that is how i see it.

LOL at the plastic surgery part!!

sehana
03-31-11, 07:48 PM
other=bother

RageofMars
04-04-11, 02:44 PM
The cashier in your shop is not your shop owner, but an employee and they trade off in shifts. I believe it's because the in-game customers are a set of pre-designed models that TL made. Just like how all chefs look the same in Restaurant or Bakery, using a pre-made cashier in Fashion will make the game load faster.

I can imagine it would be a lot more work if TL actually loads your character behind the register, given it'll need to be customized according to the hairstyle and clothes you have on. I've noticed that because the shop owner customized avatars show up on my neighbor list, the list lags up when I scroll through it compared to all other TL games. It's probably because it requires more loading time as the iPhone communicates with the server to get all the small details.

sophiacml
04-04-11, 04:02 PM
I can understand what you mean. However, wouldn't it be nicer just to set just 1 avatar behind the counter? Isn't necessary to have our own avatar customize by ourselves. Agree?
The cashier in your shop is not your shop owner, but an employee and they trade off in shifts. I believe it's because the in-game customers are a set of pre-designed models that TL made. Just like how all chefs look the same in Restaurant or Bakery, using a pre-made cashier in Fashion will make the game load faster.

I can imagine it would be a lot more work if TL actually loads your character behind the register, given it'll need to be customized according to the hairstyle and clothes you have on. I've noticed that because the shop owner customized avatars show up on my neighbor list, the list lags up when I scroll through it compared to all other TL games. It's probably because it requires more loading time as the iPhone communicates with the server to get all the small details.

RageofMars
04-05-11, 02:22 PM
I definitely agree.

I'd like to see either a standardized FS cashier/store clerk avatar (like that of RS or BS) or the option to pick our store clerk from the existing shopper avatars.

I'm always thrown for a loop when I log into my shop to see a new random girl behind the register. It doesn't feel like my own shop most of the time. Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, "oh look there's a customer behind the register, wait a minute..."

GroupMagma
04-05-11, 02:32 PM
RageOfMars is correct -- the cash register employee keeps changing because they trade off in shifts. This is by design, but I'll let our dev team know that you all support a standardized employee.