PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Shine, Farmer - 2018 May 9 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
05-09-18, 12:02 AM
Rise and Shine, Farmer iOS only. This is a Leaderboard Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Greetings fellow Farmers,

It's time to prepare your farms for upcoming event. I can't wait to see what exciting prizes the Farm 2 team has for us! :D Let's start our preparations...

https://i.imgur.com/3165GlZ.jpg

Before we dive in when the event starts, I like to suggest that players read the Guidelines for Events to understand how event works, know what to do or not to do for the event. Read sections Tips and Notes.

Guidelines for Leaderboard Event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

Always check Posts #1 - #2 for updates and event information.

Please be mindful of forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) when posting.

judyandthecat
05-09-18, 02:34 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44268

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from May 9.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Collect from Rooster Alarm Clock - 40 points / 6 hrs
Craft items in the Bed and Breakfast - 1 point
Complete an order in the Farmers' Market - 4 points
Complete all order in the Farmers' Market - 30+ points
Completee a warehouse delivery - 6 points
Feed and collect from farm animals - 1 point
Mine - 20+ points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Rooster Alarm Clock (100 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
50 points - Mystery box
400 points - Mystery box
900 points - Morning Birds Habitat
1,800 points - Mystery box
3,000 points - Mystery box
4,500 points - Sunrise Clock Towers x2
6,000 points - Mystery box
7,500 points - Mystery box
9,300 points - Rooster Weathervane
11,000 points - Mystery box
13,000 points - Mystery box
15,000 points - Rooster Plushie
17,000 points - Mystery box
19,000 points - Chick Clique

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

50 points - Mystery box
250 points - Mystery box
600 points - Morning Birds Habitat
1,200 points - Mystery box
2,300 points - Mystery box
3000 points - Sunrise Clock Towers x2
4,000 points - Mystery box
5,100 points - Mystery box
6,300 points - Rooster Weathervane
7500 points - Mystery box
8,600 points - Mystery box
9,800 points - Rooster Plushie
13,000 points - Chick Clique

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Here's the milestones from my level 31 farm...

50 points - Mystery box
150 points - Mystery box
400 points - Morning Birds Habitat
800 points - Mystery box
1,400 points - Mystery box
2,000 points - Sunrise Clock Towers x2
2,600 points - Mystery box
3,200 points - Mystery box
4,000 points - Rooster Weathervane
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,600 points - Mystery box
6,500 points - Rooster Plushie
8,500 points - Chick Clique

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44267

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
The top two winners win a pet rooster.
FIRST PLACE: Rooster and Gold Trophy
SECOND PLACE: Rooster and Silver Trophy
THIRD PLACE: Bronze Trophy, Newspaper Holder: 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th PLACE: 10,000 coins, 5 Expansion Permits, Newspaper Holder
7th to 12th PLACE: 5,000 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
Consultation Prize: 5,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

zxzxzp
05-09-18, 02:56 PM

Paul__
05-09-18, 02:57 PM
Ugh...Leaderboard again. I guess I'll be sitting this one out. I'll do what I can, but I'm not going to go overboard trying to stay competitive. And while the Ducks would be nice, 300 and 180 gems is too much for me right now. And the "True Cinnamon Trees" are too much as well at this time (well, maybe I can manage ONE, though it will put my gem count down to 0). Though, if these are all new, then I guess I'll (hopefully) be able to get them later (if I ever have enough gems). And hopefully the Ducks will return at some point.

But the Cinnamon Trees, at least, I can buy and get started with.

Good luck to all!

Cinnamon Trees: 2000 c (limit 2)
Harvest time: 60:00

I’m actually very happy with this event so far. I’m assuming that they put the quests out at the same time as the leaderboard is because of Android players. This leaderboard is longer and also the quests do not require the True Cinnamon Trees. The cinnamon trees are new and permanent.

PookieBear50
05-09-18, 03:06 PM
I’m actually very happy with this event so far. I’m assuming that they put the quests out at the same time as the leaderboard is because of Android players. This leaderboard is longer and also the quests do not require the True Cinnamon Trees. The cinnamon trees are new and permanent.

Which event, the Leaderboard, or the Bed and Breakfast?

I don't like the Leaderboard event because--as far as I can tell--the groupings are randomized with those who actively play grouped with those who have stopped, and those who can afford to use gems to purchase boosts and speed through deliveries grouped with those who can't. Which is fine, but it also means that the event is inherently skewed in favor of certain players, despite any attempt at leveling the playing field through randomization.

As it is, as I'm typing this, with the event having only just started recently, I'm already down to 7th, with the leader's score up at 440. I doubt I'll be able to overcome that deficit. Oh, well...another Leaderboard event lost. I'll just concentrate on the other event.

Paul__
05-09-18, 03:20 PM
Which event, the Leaderboard, or the Bed and Breakfast?

I don't like the Leaderboard event because--as far as I can tell--the groupings are randomized with those who actively play grouped with those who have stopped, and those who can afford to use gems to purchase boosts and speed through deliveries grouped with those who can't. Which is fine, but it also means that the event is inherently skewed in favor of certain players, despite any attempt at leveling the playing field through randomization.

As it is, as I'm typing this, with the event having only just started recently, I'm already down to 7th, with the leader's score up at 440. I doubt I'll be able to overcome that deficit. Oh, well...another Leaderboard event lost. I'll just concentrate on the other event.

Still try to do the leaderboard. You get points from doing everyday farm activities and if you can't get first you can still get a pet. We have 12 days to complete instead of normally 7 now too!

PookieBear50
05-09-18, 03:22 PM
Still try to do the leaderboard. You get points from doing everyday farm activities and if you can't get first you can still get a pet. We have 12 days to complete instead of normally 7 now too!

Only first and second win pets. And I'll try, but I'm not going to go out of my way to climb the leaderboard. I'm just going to play normally (well, excepting for doing the other event) and will let the results fall out as they will.

Paul__
05-09-18, 03:24 PM
Only first and second win pets. And I'll try, but I'm not going to go out of my way to climb the leaderboard. I'm just going to play normally (well, excepting for doing the other event) and will let the results fall out as they will.

Nope. You can earn a pet from "Milestones."

PookieBear50
05-09-18, 03:28 PM
I stand corrected. Still, 19K points is a high number to reach for. I guess I can make the attempt...

Paul__
05-09-18, 03:36 PM
I stand corrected. Still, 19K points is a high number to reach for. I guess I can make the attempt...

Yes, this is the same number as the previous leaderboards, but we get double the time!

Paul__
05-09-18, 03:45 PM
Do you guys think the leaderboard boost is worth it?

orca1006
05-09-18, 03:55 PM
i'm on iOS and i got the cinnamon tree event goals....but somehow i am not seeing any leaderboard goals....any pointers how to find them? :(

n/m... just realized apparently i had been using an outdated holiday version of the game (i really like the snowy background so i never got rid of it :p)....darn, looks like i've been missing out on the farmer's market for almost 2 years!!! :(

mrscash50a
05-09-18, 05:26 PM
I cant find the leaderboard for android....is there such an animal?? Do like that they have made a cafe for android!!

orca1006
05-09-18, 05:40 PM
I cant find the leaderboard for android....is there such an animal?? Do like that they have made a cafe for android!!

leaderboard is iOS only. see meowmeow's explanation on page 1, post #6.

Paul__
05-09-18, 07:44 PM
Any tips for getting a lot of leaderboard points?

Rynetory2
05-09-18, 07:52 PM
Any tips for getting a lot of leaderboard points?

See under Tips in Guideslines for Leaderboard, link in Post 2.

Rynetory2
05-09-18, 07:56 PM
Posts on the new Cinnamon Trees update and limited time quest have been moved to Cinnamon Trees & Limited Time Quest - 2018 May 9 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104499-Cinnamon-Trees-amp-Limited-Time-Quest-2018-May-9)

Paul__
05-09-18, 08:00 PM
See under Tips in Guideslines for Leaderboard, link in Post 2.

Thank you, this is my first leaderboard event so I’m a little new at this...

Rynetory2
05-09-18, 08:06 PM
I hope you will like this. Leaderboard is different from other types of events in Farm 2; they are the same as Leaderboard events in other Storm8 games. Boosts will help you to get 1.5 or double points. Have a read in the Guidelines and you will get the idea of it. Do remember you arent playing against the game nor on your own like other event types, you are competing against other players in Leaderboard. Enjoy and good luck!

Fairyreserve
05-09-18, 08:58 PM
The Leaderboard is available for iOS only. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes our Android farmers![/QUOTE]

I have zero complaints. A ton has been opened up to us recently, thank u! Speaking of permanent... Succulents... OK, back to topic.

dugambon
05-10-18, 10:56 AM
Oooh how I dislike leaderboard events. Not falling for this one. Will try to get to 19,000 but thats it. Don’t like to compete against friends.

Lilliepaddd
05-10-18, 01:44 PM
Oooh how I dislike leaderboard events. Not falling for this one. Will try to get to 19,000 but thats it. Don’t like to compete against friends.

I agree, it feels wrong, almost creeps me out for some reason, bad memories of last year. My group is very competitive...I’ll wait til it comes on sale next year hopefully lol. I’m still waiting for the unicorn to be on sale though.

PookieBear50
05-10-18, 01:56 PM
As expected, with work and an inability to use gems or boosts working against, me, I simply cannot keep up with the group. Oh, well.

princessskykennedy
05-10-18, 05:28 PM
I posted on my wall that I am only trying for the 19,000 points so my group knows that.

Paul__
05-10-18, 07:59 PM
Just got the Sunrise Clock Towers! I really like the prizes in this event and my favorite are the two new pets and especially the Chick Clique! I'm really liking the leaderboard event so far, and i'm glad that we get a longer time then previous leaderboards it looks. Even if I don't get first we still have the Cinnamon Challenge going on and I can also get the Chick Clique. The Chick Clique is like the main prize for this event and the Rooster is a bonus pet we can earn.

But one question... Is there any way to get the decoration for winning third place if you get 1st/2nd place? or is the newspaper decoration thing only for those people... I would much rather get a pet than decoration but just wondering.

Lilliepaddd
05-10-18, 11:05 PM
I posted on my wall that I am only trying for the 19,000 points so my group knows that.

That’s funny you have to do that! Especially after having an event where we could help each other lol. I’m not going gangbusters...not spending anything so far. It will probably cost less to purchase it later. Who knows, I haven’t been visited by anyone yet...this is really my least favourite event, well the luck based ones are close!

draughnc
05-11-18, 07:26 AM
I tremendously dislike the leaderboard event. My group is already up to 7,000 for the top players. The event is too long. Make it less days and less trophies to complete. The bronze prize, 3rd place, is the worst. I’d rather have coins.

gamerz99
05-11-18, 09:53 AM

50 points - Mystery box
150 points - Mystery box
400 points - Morning Birds Habitat
800 points - Mystery box
1,400 points - Mystery box
2,000 points - Sunrise Clock Towers x2
2,600 points - Mystery box
3,200 points - Mystery box
4,000 points - Rooster Weathervane
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,600 points - Mystery box
6,500 points - Rooster Plushie
8,500 points - Chick Clique

akireznarf
05-11-18, 01:19 PM
Will I change group if I reach level 33 during the event? I am at level 30 now and at this rate, I will probably reach level 33 before end of the event. I think I’ll drop my rank if that happens, currently at rank 1.

zxzxzp
05-11-18, 04:20 PM

Rynetory2
05-11-18, 09:12 PM

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your help. :) Great to see new members pitching in to help. Good luck!

Added to Post 2.

Rynetory2
05-11-18, 09:17 PM
Will I change group if I reach level 33 during the event? I am at level 30 now and at this rate, I will probably reach level 33 before end of the event. I think I?ll drop my rank if that happens, currently at rank 1.

I believe the groupings are locked at the start of the event if I remember correctly. So you should stay at the same group. I'll ask the team for you.

akireznarf
05-11-18, 10:59 PM
I believe the groupings are locked at the start of the event if I remember correctly. So you should stay at the same group. I'll ask the team for you.

Thanks a lot!

ankavale1000
05-12-18, 01:34 PM
I'm curious if anyone is experiencing trophy count dropping while playing. This happened to me yersterday, but I thought I was hallucinating. It happened again today. Say after I completed several trophy activities, the number of my trophy count is 1200, then after like 10 to 20 seconds, the trophy count goes down to 1188. I noticed it today mainly because the drop was something like 30 trophies. I can't screenshot this, cuz I won't know when it'll happen. But I swear I'm not making this up. Anyone has this happen?

Update: the drop of trophy count happened again. This time around 25. I don’t know if I’m clicking things too fast or there are certain craft items that give trophies when not supposed to. Anyway, it is what it is. I’ll just make more deliveries. Though I would say to those that are doing the milestones all the way to the end to aim a little higher than the required amount just in case. Happy Farming!

Lilliepaddd
05-12-18, 11:39 PM
I tremendously dislike the leaderboard event. My group is already up to 7,000 for the top players. The event is too long. Make it less days and less trophies to complete. The bronze prize, 3rd place, is the worst. I?d rather have coins.

Totally agree! Mine are at 11,00.00 I honestly don?t care this time. I don?t see spending a huge amount of gems when it will come on sale eventually. Not worth my time. The drop rate for my trophies is terrible and getting rose fences from the spinner. Oh well.

Kinky_Candy
05-13-18, 07:22 AM
Hello :) please answer me if u can... In the event with the competition row, with the rooster as present, must be at first place or second or third etc all the time of event or if i catch the 19 k in first place whenever time i will claim my position? Thank u in advance

eucom
05-13-18, 07:33 AM

What did the team say? In the past, mine weren't. And they weren't "new people" just starting the game. At least 2x the new people went straight to the top positions -- and it was close to the end of the game one time and about midway another time.

Paul__
05-13-18, 08:19 AM
Midlevel farms is:

50 points - Mystery box
250 points - Mystery box
600 points - Morning Birds Habitat
1,200 points - Mystery box
2,300 points - Mystery box
3000 points - Sunrise Clock Towers x2
4,000 points - Mystery box
5,100 points - Mystery box
6,300 points - Rooster Weathervane
7500 points - Mystery box
8,600 points - Mystery box
9,800 points - Rooster Plushie
13,000 points - Chick Clique

jackieis
05-14-18, 12:04 AM
I'm curious if anyone is experiencing trophy count dropping while playing. This happened to me yersterday, but I thought I was hallucinating. It happened again today. Say after I completed several trophy activities, the number of my trophy count is 1200, then after like 10 to 20 seconds, the trophy count goes down to 1188. I noticed it today mainly because the drop was something like 30 trophies. I can't screenshot this, cuz I won't know when it'll happen. But I swear I'm not making this up. Anyone has this happen?

Update: the drop of trophy count happened again. This time around 25. I don’t know if I’m clicking things too fast or there are certain craft items that give trophies when not supposed to. Anyway, it is what it is. I’ll just make more deliveries. Though I would say to those that are doing the milestones all the way to the end to aim a little higher than the required amount just in case. Happy Farming!

This is happening to me too. I thought I was losing my mind! It happens several times a day and it’s driving me nuts especially since I’m competing with people who apparently never sleep.

Rynetory2
05-14-18, 05:57 AM
Hello :) please answer me if u can... In the event with the competition row, with the rooster as present, must be at first place or second or third etc all the time of event or if i catch the 19 k in first place whenever time i will claim my position? Thank u in advance

You can get your milestone prizes any time when you have gotten the required points. The rank prizes will only be given after the event ends when your rank is determined. You need to be in top 2 positions when the event ends, in order to win the Rooster pet. See Guidelines for Leaderboard Event, link in Post 1.

Rynetory2
05-14-18, 06:00 AM
What did the team say? In the past, mine weren't. And they weren't "new people" just starting the game. At least 2x the new people went straight to the top positions -- and it was close to the end of the game one time and about midway another time.

No answer yet given it's still weekend in US.

ankavale1000
05-14-18, 09:01 AM
This is happening to me too. I thought I was losing my mind! It happens several times a day and it?s driving me nuts especially since I?m competing with people who apparently never sleep.

Now that I know that it could happen, I monitor the count constantly and noticed that it happens to me at least once a day. I suspect that there is a certain craft item that gives trophies but later the count is taken out. Since the drop is not instant, I can never know for sure which item or items that is causing the drop. Thank u for replying and letting me know that I'm not seeing something that is not there lol.

akireznarf
05-14-18, 09:15 AM
Now that I know that it could happen, I monitor the count constantly and noticed that it happens to me at least once a day. I suspect that there is a certain craft item that gives trophies but later the count is taken out. Since the drop is not instant, I can never know for sure which item or items that is causing the drop. Thank u for replying and letting me know that I'm not seeing something that is not there lol.

I once mined 50 leaderboard points and then lost the 30 after a few
minutes. Points from mines are supposed to be only 20 points so I guess they just made the corrections.

Scalezzzz
05-14-18, 09:56 AM
minutes. Points from mines are supposed to be only 20 points so I guess they just made the corrections.

I thought the 20+ meant you could win more from the mine.The bed and breakfast indicates 1+ and some items give you more points than others.
I also got 50 from the mine but I didn’t pay attention whether 30 were removed or not.
I think I only noticed that i lost one point but i think it was because i lost connection so it didn’t register. However there’s been a couple times when points I’ve earned have been added after a while of having earned them.

Paul__
05-14-18, 12:00 PM
Can we get the rooster pet for sale in the market once the event is over? I don?t think I?ll win the leaderboard because the players in my group are already 4000 points ahead! I can?t play all day and I did over the weekend but now I couldn?t play for one day already 4000 points? I can’t play on the weekdays all day! In future leaderboards we should be able to buy the grand prize after the event!

or maybe the top 3 plays should win a pet. Remember? There is only a 10% chance of winnng the pet. That is redicous. If it was too 3 winners it would be byettef.

ankavale1000
05-14-18, 01:38 PM

Trophy bundle from the mine is 20 or 50. If u got the 50 bundle, the drop in trophies most likely came from other activities. My trophy count dropped around 30 this morning while I was collecting everything. I still can't figure out where the drop is coming from.

akireznarf
05-14-18, 03:35 PM
Trophy bundle from the mine is 20 or 50. If u got the 50 bundle, the drop in trophies most likely came from other activities. My trophy count dropped around 30 this morning while I was collecting everything. I still can't figure out where the drop is coming from.

30 is a big number to lose whether it’s from the mine or other activities considering I am only getting rose fences from the bonus. �� I am now only 200 points away from the chick clique. Not sure if I can keep my current ranking for the next 7 days after getting them. This is too much work.

ankavale1000
05-14-18, 03:49 PM
30 is a big number to lose whether it’s from the mine or other activities.

I totally agree, akireznarf.

U probably got the chick clique by now, so a big congrats to u!

akireznarf
05-14-18, 07:50 PM
I totally agree, akireznarf.

U probably got the chick clique by now, so a big congrats to u!

I got them. 3 little chicks running around my farm, so cute! Hope you get yours too!

Paul__
05-14-18, 08:20 PM
Please don't do two events at the same time again. It is very stressful, especially with the leaderboard event, because now i'm behind on both events!

Kinky_Candy
05-14-18, 11:49 PM
Thank u for the answer Rynetory2:)

ankavale1000
05-15-18, 03:45 PM
This is regarding the drop in trophies that I've encountered several times a day for the past several days. It's not a biggie, but I finally found one source that's causing the drop. It's the orange juice from the Bed n Breakfast. The new recipe takes 1.5 hrs to make and gives 4 trophies when collected. It is 1 trophy for every half hour. So the 4 trophies given will get one reduction later, because it is supposed to be 3 trophies. I just collected my orange juice and got the 4 trophies, but a few seconds later, one was deducted.

I'm on the hunt for other source/sources, since the deduction from orange juice can't explain a drop of near 30 trophies that happened to me every morning during my first round of collection.

Just wanted to share this info. Happy Farming!

Cinnamon Tea from the cafe takes 2 hrs to make. When collecting it, it gives 6 trophies. 2 get deducted because it's supposed to be only 4 trophies.

Rynetory2
05-15-18, 08:20 PM
This is regarding the drop in trophies that I've encountered several times a day for the past several days. .....

I've flagged this over for them to check. Thanks for the feedback.

JustKay
05-16-18, 09:49 PM
30 is a big number to lose whether it?s from the mine or other activities considering I am only getting rose fences from the bonus. �� I am now only 200 points away from the chick clique. Not sure if I can keep my current ranking for the next 7 days after getting them. This is too much work.

This points clawback is disappointing. What's going to happen at the finish when people are madly trying to rack up points. People who spend gems will be super angry if they think they finished at a winning tally only to have the numbers cut down later dropping them to third. It's not like S8 haven't run successful leaderboards before... why is this a problem?

In other news, I just found out that you can get points from collecting from the rose bush. 2 leaderboard points each time! why isn't this noted in the information? >_< i have some catching up to do!

akireznarf
05-17-18, 04:36 AM
In other news, I just found out that you can get points from collecting from the rose bush. 2 leaderboard points each time! why isn't this noted in the information? >_< i have some catching up to do!

I agree, I only found out when I got to that goal in the cinnamon challenge. 2 points per bush x6 bushes per hour. The market price is also high, 159 per flower, 175 max. I’m earning a lot from them. :D

FarmerIreneOK
05-17-18, 07:10 AM
The 6000 and 7500 leaderboard milestones just gave me coins, not expansion parts ☹️ Why is this? I could use the expansion parts!

Rynetory2
05-17-18, 08:20 AM
The 6000 and 7500 leaderboard milestones just gave me coins, not expansion parts ☹️ Why is this? I could use the expansion parts!

Mystery box gives random prizes. No reason why, they are just random.

orleansparish
05-17-18, 12:57 PM
I’m at 10,281 now and am in third place. I don’t care about winning or coming in 2nd, because the rooster looks like a pompous dweeb. And I can barely feed all of my 3 dozen pets at the same time as it is. BUT I would really love to get to 19,000 and win the baby chicks. They are beyond adorable!

My issue is that in the info, it says you get points for collecting AND feeding farm animals. I’ve been watching my tally like a hawk and I’ve gotten nothing for feeding my cows, chickens, lamb, etc. Not one point.

draughnc
05-17-18, 01:22 PM
There is maintenance going on right now. I used gems for a boost and had just got it when I got kicked out. I hope the clock isn?t ticking down while maintenance is being done. Hopefully it is a fix for the trophies disappearing.

Well the clock kept ticking. Lost 10 minutes. But 4750 trophies are now available for $9.99 along with other items. So now everyone who worked so hard to get to the top can be destroyed by someone just buying their way to the top. Not fair in the least. Just let everyone purchase the rooster and be done with it. Sorry for the rant.

orca1006
05-17-18, 02:10 PM
My issue is that in the info, it says you get points for collecting AND feeding farm animals. I?ve been watching my tally like a hawk and I?ve gotten nothing for feeding my cows, chickens, lamb, etc. Not one point.

i think they meant it as a "feed-and-collect" phrase. no double-dipping on points...lol ;)

griffithpack
05-17-18, 02:14 PM
Maintenance during the middle of the day, during a leaderboard event - seriously hope they extend the event by one whole day to make up for this - I was in the midst of collecting and feeding my animals, trying to fill my machines up, and I’m not a happy farmer! It said it would be a few minutes - it’s been over an hour now since I started getting kicked off the game!

krissyone2
05-17-18, 03:27 PM
There is maintenance going on right now. I used gems for a boost and had just got it when I got kicked out. I hope the clock isn?t ticking down while maintenance is being done. Hopefully it is a fix for the trophies disappearing.

Well the clock kept ticking. Lost 10 minutes. But 4750 trophies are now available for $9.99 along with other items. So now everyone who worked so hard to get to the top can be destroyed by someone just buying their way to the top. Not fair in the least. Just let everyone purchase the rooster and be done with it. Sorry for the rant.
So agree and my next competitor is 4000 points away! Hope they don?t buy it!!

Scalezzzz
05-17-18, 03:54 PM
I don’t even care to win or keep up with my team. I just wanted the baby chicks but I’m tired of making deliveries. I am two milestones away from getting them but I really just want to quit. :(
This is my first leaderboard event and probably my last.

akireznarf
05-17-18, 04:04 PM

I came here to actually comment about this. I have been working on staying at rank 1 the whole time and I?m only ahead by 2,800 points. Does anyone know if you can only purchase the value pack once or as many times as you can?

Paul__
05-17-18, 06:28 PM
I don't really like the way the groups work. The groups should be picked based on activity in the game, the buildings/animals that you have and depending on how many upgrades you have on your farm.

Also wanted to say thank you so much for the value pack. I wasn't able to play too much this week but now i'm all caught up! And I also helped out Storm8 to keep making events and updates for this game!

akireznarf
05-17-18, 07:07 PM
I don't really like the way the groups work. The groups should be picked based on activity in the game, the buildings/animals that you have and depending on how many upgrades you have on your farm.

Also wanted to say thank you so much for the value pack. I wasn't able to play too much this week but now i'm all caught up! And I also helped out Storm8 to keep making events and updates for this game!

I think the point of grouping it based on level is that some buildings and additional animals are only unlocked once you reach certain levels. If you did not get them even if you’ve already unlocked them only means you’re behind on your level. This also means that higher levels wills always have an advantage over lower levels even if they are not that active in the game because they can simply buy the buildings and the additional animals they’ve unlocked to easily gain more points.

I am still not a fan of the value pack. If those behind the leaderboard only wants the rooster and storm8 wants to earn, by all means, put them in the market for sale. I just think it’s inappropriate to call the event a leaderboard if you’re only buying your way in. Leave the gold and silver to the actual leaders.

ankavale1000
05-17-18, 08:24 PM
I strongly suspect that the grouping is first based on levels - low, mid, high - then the time u enter the event once event starts.

It's been a long time since I participated in a leaderboard event. I've worked really hard this time. If anyone from my group is going to buy the value pack to get to the top, then so be it. Leaderboard has never been a favorite of mine. Pay to win isn't a novel concept.

The drop of trophies hasn't been fixed. Don't think it'll be. Just know that OJ from B&B is 3 trophies, not 4 or 5. Cinnamon Tea from the Cafe is 4 trophies, not 6. Don't think anyone cares. Lol. Happy Weekend!

ankavale1000
05-17-18, 08:29 PM
I don’t even care to win or keep up with my team. I just wanted the baby chicks but I’m tired of making deliveries. I am two milestones away from getting them but I really just want to quit. :(
This is my first leaderboard event and probably my last.

If u r only two milestones away, then u r really close. Hang in there. Keep collecting from ur animals. More than 3 days left. U can do it!

Scalezzzz
05-17-18, 08:43 PM
If u r only two milestones away, then u r really close. Hang in there. Keep collecting from ur animals. More than 3 days left. U can do it!

Thank you! I do plan to continue since i've made it this far. Best of luck to you :)

PookieBear50
05-18-18, 12:55 AM
Finished the Cinnamon event, now to focus on the Leaderboard before it ends. Any suggestions on how to collect just under 10,000 trophies in less than 4 days?

akireznarf
05-18-18, 02:09 AM
Finished the Cinnamon event, now to focus on the Leaderboard before it ends. Any suggestions on how to collect just under 10,000 trophies in less than 4 days?

Ask neighbors to sell mining tools and mine like crazy. Aside from of course harvesting as soon as you can and completing trucks. Make sure you max your animals too.

Paul__
05-18-18, 04:20 AM
Finished the Cinnamon event, now to focus on the Leaderboard before it ends. Any suggestions on how to collect just under 10,000 trophies in less than4 days?

Use boosts and make as many deliveries and trucks as you can. Also feed the animals constently.

orca1006
05-18-18, 01:06 PM
Use boosts and make as many deliveries and trucks as you can. Also feed the animals constently.

agree with all above - mine, collect animals, send deliveries & trucks, collect roses, collect crafts from B&B.

AND don't forget to spin the wheel every 4 hours!!! It's the middle icon on the right hand side, right below where you can check your leaderboard progress. I totally didn't see it and missed out on 8 days of spinning....boo...:p but you can get quite a few points if you're lucky (I got 178 on one spin).

akireznarf
05-18-18, 03:23 PM
agree with all above - mine, collect animals, send deliveries & trucks, collect roses, collect crafts from B&B.

AND don't forget to spin the wheel every 4 hours!!! It's the middle icon on the right hand side, right below where you can check your leaderboard progress. I totally didn't see it and missed out on 8 days of spinning....boo...:p but you can get quite a few points if you're lucky (I got 178 on one spin).

Yes, the wheel! The 178 I guess was for missing 8 days. If I dont get the fence, I get 17-20 average. :D

akireznarf
05-18-18, 03:36 PM

With the deliveries, do not hesitate to buy from newspaper or neighbors the items you need to send if you dont have them. You will eventually get the amount back. I buy x10 even if I only need x1 just to send the delivery. The extra x9 I sell in my shop to save barn/silo space. Upgrade your shop. This is one of the first things I did at the start of the event. I maxed out the upgrade for the shop at lvl30 - 12 slots. This way I get coins while I continue buying the items I dont have for deliveries. Basically, points are nonstop if you send deliveries nonstop. I also discard if the order takes hours to craft or harvest that’s currently not in the newspaper and in neighbors’ shops.

griffithpack
05-19-18, 03:50 AM
I was collecting items on my farm, the icon came up that I’d won the chick clique by reaching 19,000 points. However, when I quit collecting, the number of points went down to 18,990! I placed the chick clique on my farm, as it was in my cellar. I thought the maintenance done during the day earlier this week was to fix this problem. I’ve lost countless points during this event. Certainly hope they fix this, as it is totally unfair to those trying to win the rooster - something I’m not even hoping for as the top person in my group has over 40,000 points and has been on top since the beginning.

akireznarf
05-19-18, 05:33 AM
No answer yet given it's still weekend in US.

I just reached level 33 today and I?m still in the same group. :)

twilight861
05-19-18, 09:11 AM
I am taking part on the leader board challenge. I don?t get points when I make things like felt hats that don?t use cinnamon. But I noticed that many people are making hats, so I guess they are getting points.

Why are they getting points when I don?t?

akireznarf
05-19-18, 03:00 PM
I am taking part on the leader board challenge. I don?t get points when I make things like felt hats that don?t use cinnamon. But I noticed that many people are making hats, so I guess they are getting points.

Are they? I am not getting points from hats as well but I make lots of them only to get rid of my wool that’s taking up barn space.

Kinky_Candy
05-19-18, 04:11 PM
THANK YOU TEAM FOR THE VALUE PACK WITH ROSES, TROPHIES ETC THAT WE CAN BUY WITH REAL MONEY. :D Helps a lot ;):D

Scalezzzz
05-19-18, 07:36 PM

I don’t think anyone is getting points from making the hats. People probably just have a lot of wool from collecting from their sheeps since they give you a lot of points. Felt hats require more wool to make than the other items.

PookieBear50
05-19-18, 09:19 PM
Less than 2 days left. There's no way for me to get to 19k, so I'm not going to try. I will reach the next milestone (for me, 11k) and that will be it. I just don't have the focus or drive to pursue this event, having lost much too much time due to necessities like work and sleep.

Even so, I am glad I was able to acquire the Weathervane, at least. The Plushie would be nice, but I can't reach it in less than 48 hours. Oh, well.

Paul__
05-19-18, 10:34 PM
Less than 2 days left. There's no way for me to get to 19k, so I'm not going to try. I will reach the next milestone (for me, 11k) and that will be it. I just don't have the focus or drive to pursue this event, having lost much too much time due to necessities like work and sleep.

Even so, I am glad I was able to acquire the Weathervane, at least. The Plushie would be nice, but I can't reach it in less than 48 hours. Oh, well.

Good job on getting the Weathervane! Hopefully both pets will go on sale like the ducks and lovebirds did, so android players and iOS players who had trouble with the leaderboard can get them! I wish that we got the Cinnamon event at a different time than the leaderboard. We need to focus on two events at the same time and also one of the events is a leaderboard which is imo the hardest event. I wouldn’t mind if we got a World Event and quest at the same time or county fair, but not a leaderboard.

Paul__
05-20-18, 10:58 AM
Looks like the event is over at May 21 6pm California time

doodlebug8
05-20-18, 11:42 AM
I didn't think I was going to make it, but today I reached 19,000 points and got the chicks. I didn't buy any boosts and am currently in 4th place on the leaderboard. My groups top rank in 28.7 and the lowest is 4.1. I am so pooped from just trying to get the chicks, I'm not even interested in trying to get the 6,000 points I would need to get to second place to win a rooster. The first week I wasn't harvesting all the animals because I didn't realize that you get more points for different animals. Oh well, at least I'll know next time.

fml999
05-21-18, 12:09 AM
I have just bought the boost for 7 gems. My game keeps freezing and animals are also frozen and I cannot feed some of them. When I clicked they said 0 gems so I’ve clicked and been able to feed one only from the group. I’m not exactly sure how many gems I had but it was definitely over 30 and it’s now went down to 8 gems. I needed 3000 to get to 19000 points and am that the top of the leader board. I’m so disappointed this has happened as I put so much effort and time into this all week. Looks like this is another failure!

jackieis
05-21-18, 08:44 AM
Well. This game is definitely losing its charm for me again. I stopped playing for over a year and am about to stop playing again. The odds were already stacked against me. I?m only level 56 and pretty much everyone on my leaderboard was over level 80. I?m disappointed when there?s an event like this and you work hard for two weeks to make it to the top of the leaderboard and you wake up on the last day of the event and someone who hasn?t even been in the top 6 or 8 has bought their way to the top. A rough calculation looks like they bought 3 of the 9.99 packs to put them over 10k points ahead of me. Someone spending $30 to win one event is completely beyond me so they must have really wanted it bad. Now I?m in 3rd place and have no hope of getting back to 2nd place. I know the moderators don?t care to hear this but making it to where someone can just purchase their way to the top after you?ve worked hard for two plus weeks really really makes it not fun anymore. I understand you guys want to make money and that?s fine but to be able to purchase as many leaderboard points as you want really ****s it for the other players. I am running low on gems and was planning on buying more but I definitely think the money will be better spent elsewhere. I don?t even care that I?m losing it?s just the way that it?s happening that?s bothering me. Hard work doesn?t pay off anymore when you have people who can just buy their way to the top.

ankavale1000
05-21-18, 03:11 PM
I'm posing this question to all of the farmers out there.
How do u all feel about a tie for first place in leaderboard events?

I ask this, because there can be many first place winners.

If u were placed in a less competitive or non competitive group ... meaning no one boosts and no one reached end of milestone, would having many first place winners be a desirable outcome?

In a way, leaderboard events can be a TEAM event, is what I'm saying

Mitzi111
05-21-18, 05:48 PM
on the Leadership Board.... what does the Arrow up Boost do? Will it move me up to the next level? What does it 'boost'?

Paul__
05-21-18, 06:04 PM
So happy that I got second. I would love to have the gold trophy, but I’m fine with the silver one. Are Least I’m getting my rooster!

Kinky_Candy
05-21-18, 06:07 PM
I finished first but i havent get my rooster of my gold trophy �� why??:(:( It wasn't in the cellar :( what s going on? I played this event for so many days, with so much competition and spent real money for my score that is 40.734!!:mad:

draughnc
05-21-18, 06:08 PM
I agree with you. There should be no trophies purchased. They should be earned. I am glad this event is over. If there is another leaderboard event I will just do the milestones and then quit until it is over.

This is in response to #87 post.

Paul__
05-21-18, 06:10 PM
For the next leaderboard I think pets should be earned from the milestones and rhe prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd are just trophies.

honeybee5459
05-21-18, 06:11 PM
I'm with you. What's the point if you can buy your way in anyway ? I'm really upset.

Paul__
05-21-18, 06:13 PM
Can they add the animation back to the rooster alarm clock when you tap on it?

Kinky_Candy
05-21-18, 06:15 PM
Paul_ please answer me if u can... Do u received your pet immediately when the event finished?

tiny5445
05-21-18, 06:19 PM
Congrats Kinky_Candy, you will receive your prize soon. At least that's how it usually works.

Scalezzzz
05-21-18, 06:22 PM
I finished first but i havent get my rooster of my gold trophy �� why??:(:( It wasn't in the cellar :( what s going on? I played this event for so many days, with so much competition and spent real money for my score that is 40.734!!:mad:

I don?t think anyone has yet. I haven?t received anything and when I click on the icon for the final results it says ?come back soon for final rankings? Don?t worry you?ll get your prizes.

Paul__
05-21-18, 06:23 PM
Paul_ please answer me if u can... Do u received your pet immediately when the event finished?

No, the results are still waiting to be finalized for me, I will post when I get my pet.

Kinky_Candy
05-21-18, 06:24 PM
I hope to get my prize tiny5445. I dont remember how it works. For the moment am sad and i believe that something wrong. Thank u for yr answer

akireznarf
05-21-18, 06:24 PM

I finished 1st too but still haven’t received my rooster and gold trophy. It says check back soon for final rankings. Here I am still hoping the rankings wont change, who knows if someone in my group bought the value pack at the last minute.

Kinky_Candy
05-21-18, 06:27 PM
Oh Thank God! Thank u for the answer Paul_ and Scalezzzz. Im a little optimistic now :)

Scalezzzz
05-21-18, 06:27 PM
I'm posing this question to all of the farmers out there.
How do u all feel about a tie for first place in leaderboard events?

I ask this, because there can be many first place winners.

If u were placed in a less competitive or non competitive group ... meaning no one boosts and no one reached end of milestone, would having many first place winners be a desirable outcome?

In a way, leaderboard events can be a TEAM event, is what I'm saying

This sounds like it might be difficult to do even if your team agrees. Having many winners wouldn?t be a bad idea though.

Kinky_Candy
05-21-18, 06:29 PM
I finished 1st too but still haven’t received my rooster and gold trophy. It says check back soon for final rankings. Here I am still hoping the rankings wont change, who knows if someone in my group bought the value pack at the last minute.

I dont think that someone else took yr place. I think that there are the finals results :)

honeybee5459
05-21-18, 06:29 PM
Please everyone don't be upset. Just try your best. I thought there were only 2 prizes for everyone but I checked my cellar and won the prizes. I was first on my leaderboard but didn't know how many prizes there were. I was upset as everyone else but surprised at the end. Every time there is a leaderboard event you have another chance and different opponents.

olcastle
05-21-18, 06:30 PM
For the next leaderboard I think pets should be earned from the milestones and rhe prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd are just trophies.

I love this idea!

Kinky_Candy
05-21-18, 06:36 PM
Guys check out of yr farms, i just saw my rooster !!!:):D

Paul__
05-21-18, 06:42 PM
Just recieved my Rooster and trophy.

akireznarf
05-21-18, 06:50 PM
Guys check out of yr farms, i just saw my rooster !!!:):D

Yessss! :o

tiny5445
05-21-18, 06:51 PM
I don't like leaderboard events because I don"t like the idea of competing against neighbor farmers. This time I wound up in the least competitive group I've ever seen. I "won" second place with a score of around 5,500 and the first place winner had a little over 8000. No one in my group was even close to the 19,000 required for the chicks.

Paul__
05-21-18, 06:58 PM
I don't like leaderboard events because I don"t like the idea of competing against neighbor farmers. This time I wound up in the least competitive group I've ever seen. I "won" second place with a score of around 5,500 and the first place winner had a little over 8000. No one in my group was even close to the 19,000 required for the chicks.

My group was very competitive, top player got 28,000. and I'm only level 40.

lulu_linda
05-21-18, 07:30 PM
I didn’t like this event, even though I won both pets. It was way too much work to get 19000 points to get the chick clique. Only two in my group were able to reach the 19000 goal. ��

Lilliepaddd
05-21-18, 08:07 PM
My top player was 77,000! No way to win...not spending tons of gems. Not worth it. I finished at almost 29,000 no rooster...doesn?t make much sense. Oh well.

(I didn?t spend one gem)

JustKay
05-21-18, 08:29 PM

I didn?t like this event, even though I won both pets. It was way too much work to get 19000 points to get the chick clique. Only two in my group were able to reach the 19000 goal. ��

19,000? My milestone goal for the chick clique was only 13,000. I still had to work hard to get there, but I did get my pet when I hit 13,000. Won the rooster too since I was in an easy group. My closest competition was only on 5000.

Am a bit disappointed in the chick cligue though, since they are joined together but there's just one big shadow at the bottom. it's very clear that under the covers it's really one pet. I was hoping they would run around in looping circles around each other and have their own separate shadows.

Rynetory2
05-21-18, 10:13 PM
Did you like this event?
Did you complete the milestones?
Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Rynetory2
05-21-18, 10:16 PM
Need photos of pets

Congratulations to all winners! :D

Can you guys help to post the photo of the Chick Clique and Rooster for me to add to the Pets Guide? Thanks in advance.

Click on the habitat and then the petbag icon. Capture the screen and post them here or in the Feedback and Suggestions on the Guides (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90918-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-on-the-Guides) thread.

krissyone2
05-21-18, 10:41 PM
I enjoyed this event although it seemed to drag on at the end!
I am also greatful that we got another chance to make some coins with pink roses.
I was lucky enough to win leaderboard and all prizes but I did need to use gem boostS to stay at top. I didn’t buy any of the packs though and thought the last one was unfair with soo many leaderboard points. Was so happy none of my competitors bought it.
Sorry to those who didn’t win or get the prizes. I’m lucky I’m a lower level!

HelloUncertainty
05-21-18, 10:52 PM
Here is the Chick Clique

Rynetory2
05-22-18, 01:17 AM
Here is the Chick Clique

Congratulations!! :D Much appreciate your help. Added to Pets Guide with credits to you.

Aside to others: Anyone with a Rooster photo? Thanks.

orangeblossom6
05-22-18, 02:37 AM
Please can somebody help me, I was able to complete this challenge and get the chick clique, however each time I go to put them in a habitat it says I need the rooster’s roost...so I click go underneath this but it doesn’t open up the design section for me to buy the habitat and I have tried looking for it to be able to put the chicks on my farm but it just doesn’t appear! I play on an apple device.

judyandthecat
05-22-18, 02:45 AM
Please can somebody help me, I was able to complete this challenge and get the chick clique, however each time I go to put them in a habitat it says I need the rooster’s roost...so I click go underneath this but it doesn’t open up the design section for me to buy the habitat and I have tried looking for it to be able to put the chicks on my farm but it just doesn’t appear! I play on an apple device.

You received it as a prize from one of the milestones.
You will find it in your cellar.
Congratulations on your win and welcome to the forum.

orangeblossom6
05-22-18, 02:58 AM
Thank you so much! I don’t know how I missed it! ��

JustKay
05-22-18, 04:45 AM
Congratulations!! :D Much appreciate your help. Added to Pets Guide with credits to you.

Hope you can use this.

zzGold3
05-22-18, 04:59 AM

I got first just on win spin wheel turns. The second place person didn't even make the milestone for the rooster roost, so I don't know how they will release their new pet.

Rynetory2
05-22-18, 05:33 AM
Hope you can use this.

Congrats on winning the Rooster. :D Thanks for your photo, I've added it to the Pets Guide. Great to have everyone pitching in. Cheers.

dawnsstx
05-22-18, 08:57 AM
I like events where we have clear goals and know if we complete certain tasks what the reward is. I almost left this game after an abysmal event where the juicer stopped dropping critical items for completion. I spent a lot on both recent events BUT I knew what I was getting for my money and had a clear end. I did feel bad for people on my leaderboard who could not spend, I shot right up and essentially bought my way to #1 status. It was not my intention but I wanted to get the prizes quickly and that was the side effect. While it worked to my advantage it did seem unfair.

PookieBear50
05-22-18, 12:13 PM
In the future, may we perhaps have the option to "opt-in" to a Leaderboard event instead of being automatically placed into it? That way only those willing (and able) to invest the time and effort (and gems) to compete will do so, and those of us who know for a fact that we cannot participate (due to work or other obligations) can continue to enjoy the game without the added pressure, and can possibly assist our neighbors by crafting regularly and potentially supplying them with hard-to-craft or long-to-craft items.

The "opt-in" could simply be the purchase of an event-specific item--for example, for this event maybe the purchase of an alarm clock. If we buy it, the Leaderboard activates and we get shuffled into the next appropriate grouping. If we don't, we have a timer that counts down how many more days the event has but the Leaderboard remains blank and inactive (though we can see the Milestones and potential prizes, to help persuade us to participate).

Paul__
05-22-18, 12:19 PM
In the future, may we perhaps have the option to "opt-in" to a Leaderboard event instead of being automatically placed into it? That way only those willing (and able) to invest the time and effort (and gems) to compete will do so, and those of us who know for a fact that we cannot participate (due to work or other obligations) can continue to enjoy the game without the added pressure, and can possibly assist our neighbors by crafting regularly and potentially supplying them with hard-to-craft or long-to-craft items.

The "opt-in" could simply be the purchase of an event-specific item--for example, for this event maybe the purchase of an alarm clock. If we buy it, the Leaderboard activates and we get shuffled into the next appropriate grouping. If we don't, we have a timer that counts down how many more days the event has but the Leaderboard remains blank and inactive (though we can see the Milestones and potential prizes, to help persuade us to participate).

this would be even worse because somebody people in the groups won’t be playing. Instead of maybe 10 active players now there would be 20. Makes the leaderboard even harder and less enjoying.

tiny5445
05-22-18, 02:54 PM

That's an interesting idea. I think I would probably still opt in with no intention of competing because even the coins consolation prize is nice and I no longer feel pressure to complete events anyway. Ive accepted that I'm an underachiever lol.

tiny5445
05-22-18, 02:59 PM
I got first just on win spin wheel turns. The second place person didn't even make the milestone for the rooster roost, so I don't know how they will release their new pet.

Wow! Ok that's the least competitive group I"ve seen now. Wonder if they can get the habitat for the rooster somehow.

HelloUncertainty
05-22-18, 05:33 PM

Thank you and thank you for using my photo for the Pets Guide! :D

Meowmeowbeans
05-23-18, 05:41 PM
The Rooster Alarm Clock should be animating now. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Rynetory2
05-31-18, 10:43 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.