PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warriors "unlimited" energy tips

Ginnyfe
05-06-18, 02:40 AM
Please tell if you have some useful tips for WW.

edit: Asked about Weekday Warrior mechanics. Previously WW worked differently. My question is no longer relevant so deleted the question.

SpiritWind00
05-06-18, 04:18 AM
It seems that there may be 2 ways to use unlimited energy. One is above exactly. My experience was different. Once I force closed, my timer changed to unlimited as shown in the picture.

I wonder if it depends on how much energy you have to start with??

S8 advise that when the unlimited energy expires the Energy you had left before unlimited energy started will show up. What is being looked at is that you shouldn't have to force close to see your balance after the unlimited energy expires.

DEDICATED HUB THREAD WITH DETAILED INFORMATION ON WEEKDAY WARRIOR - CLICK HERE (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106931-Castle-Story-Weekend-Weekday-Warrior-information-(unlimited-energy))

Available to players Level 20+

RevdKathy
05-06-18, 10:31 AM
Couple of general tips I've found useful for the warrior:

Park a beast on Thursday; if you have the beast lair or troll sparring pit, they will be ready on Friday and will be a guaranteed spawn.

Stock mushrooms and seed in odd moments through the week. The potion shop counts as crafting, and the earthen potion only takes 6 minutes. Using both shops that's 18 minutes for your crafts.

For some reason, the plant in a log ( 2 chops) counts as clearing stone/ rubble. So you do one rock outcrop which you have to do anyway and two plant in logs, 24 energy for your 3 stone e items.

Ginnyfe
05-06-18, 11:51 AM
For some reason, the plant in a log ( 2 chops) counts as clearing stone/ rubble. So you do one rock outcrop which you have to do anyway and two plant in logs, 24 energy for your 3 stone e items.

This is a great tip! Thank you.

AnnirasSweets
05-06-18, 02:42 PM
I've only ever had the bar that said "unlimited," never the refill style. I'm thinking maybe SW is onto something with her theory because I've also never had below 40 energy when the WW rolled in. It would be interesting to hear from some folks who have completed WW with more than 40 energy and also less than 40 so we could figure out if there is any correlation.

I think that the refill style sounds like it might be better in the long run to help cut down on the freezing and lagging that occurs so frequently during the unlimited energy. I now make it a point to quick collect after every 30-40 moves to reduce the lag because the game always seems to have issues with processing any more moves than that. However if I only had 40 at a time then the game wouldn't ever have to struggle to clear more than 40 moves which would likely stop the lagging and force closing...maybe.

It's most likely a case of the grass being greener since both styles of unlimited have their pros and cons but I'm still interested to try the other style just for comparison sake. It would be super awesome if we got to choose which style we received. Maybe one style is better for certain devices or for certain strategies but we may never know.

Lavenderdale
05-07-18, 09:59 PM
Info: Android. Level 26. Never started with over 40.

I had the "not unlimited, just repeated 40 refill" my first WW (few weeks ago) and it lasted FOREVER; definitely felt like more than 10 mins and I was exhausted by the end, lol. It would refill itself randomly, I didn't always get down to 3 or whatever. Probably because I was incredibly slow, lol. Half the time I didn't notice.

Following week I read about "force close" on forum. All WWs since, I get down to nothing (because I'm faster now lol), panic and reboot to get the unlimited symbol and timer. I assumed they had corrected whatever anomaly had caused it.

Android user TIP: fastest "Force Close" for me is to slide the app window off the screen, then click desktop icon to start fresh. Android Task Manager/Settings not needed to forcibly "Stop."

-------------
Other "Tips"
4 May I cleared grass and small rock piles first. Had a rock outcropping at 15 ... and the requirement completed when the rock vanished ("cleared.") Didn't have to start a new one. :-o

Reminder: watering tree saplings counts for flowers, so do Mushrooms. Someone on forum said finishing a tree counted for something. Blue blossom trees from event a few weeks ago counted as flowers. So consider surprises from special event items if trying to control kickoff of unlimited reward.

For newbies: IMHO fighting monsters is a slow waste of time during unlimited. you could be getting a lot more done elsewhere. park a monster for all of Goal 3 unlimited reward. You can spawn monsters all week and still be better off.

Also newbies: you don't have to click, then collect, then click again. I had no idea, lol. You can click like mad and let the software catch up. (but watch out for gem traps). iOS has some big swoop collect feature which someone will tell you.

And as basic weekend warrior instructions state: don't complete all Goal 3 steps during Goal 2 unlimited reward time. Some people did not get their full time and theorize it was overlapped. Why take chances?

ratdogs4
05-08-18, 03:44 AM
Good previous post (with a few edits) for reference:
Lavenderdale said:
MAY NOT BE RIGHT, FOR REFERENCE ONLY

Goal 1: Weekend Warrior
* Weed the landscape 0/10 CHOP | clear any foliage
* Clear rubble 0/3 CLEAR | clear any rocks (plant in a log counts, rock outcropping listed next counts as 1 of your 3)
* Mine a rock outcropping 0/1 MINE
Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +30 energy

Goal 2: Weekend Warrior
* Visit town buildings 0/10 COLLECT
(Farmhouse, cottage, marketplace, tavern, windmill)
* Harvest from flowers 0/15 HARVEST
(apple, orange and lemon trees count here, so do mushrooms)
* Craft goods 0/5 CRAFT | any crafting building works (mermaid and faerie worship also count, greenhouse does not)
Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes.

TIP: During your first unlimited time, do NOT finish these next tasks!
(I collect the crops and animals, fight 3 monsters, spawn the 4 but then do not defeat that 4th monster)

Goal 3: Weekend Warrior
* Harvest crops 0/10 HARVEST
* Tend to animals 0/10 TEND
* Fight monsters 0/4 FIGHT
Rewards: 5000 coin, 25 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes

ratdogs4
05-11-18, 11:47 AM
Yeah! Weekend Warrior!

Lavenderdale
05-11-18, 05:12 PM
Okay, I'm back to report. Decided to try the refill rather than rebooting. Here's my summary: It doesn't refill until my character stops running around catching up on my advance clicks.

I made sure to kick off at below 40, but the first thing that happened was it filled me to 40. (So I don't think that is the telling factor.) I spammed clicked and the energy counter clicked down accordingly. I don't know how it looks for you guys, but my character still goes through the full motion of watering or whatever. So I am clicking on crops when my character is still over there watering flowers.

So the counter gets down to zero. I wait nervously for a refill. Nothing. Nothing. When my character catches up to my clicks, BAM 40 again, here we go.

Without the infinity display and 10-minute timer, what shows is the ordinary "3-minute refill" timer. Which was alarming when I was at 0 energy. Would I have to wait 3 mins? Turned out no.

All in all? I'd rather reboot and use 9 minutes. You have no idea where you are in your 10 minute span - I didn't know if I had time to plant corn for xp (I tried it and I did.)

So. If someone wants to try it, ride the energy down to zero and if you spam-clicked wait for your character to catch up. Within 5 seconds you will be filled.

It helps if you aren't panicking about an event when you try this. I'd already finished collecting, so WW was just for the xp.

Caveat: I'm on Android. No idea if iOS is different.

AnnirasSweets
05-11-18, 05:22 PM
Well, we all know to watch out for that thieving blue bird when she's returning to the nest on a normal day but I'm here to make sure you really make sure she's not due to fly in when you're doing WW. Nadina really did a number on my realm!

I was clicking away in my first 10 minutes and I'd just pulled up the bar to do a quick collect when everything went wonky before freezing up for over a full minute. After a force close, I'd lost a few gems on who-knows-what and everything I'd tried to quick collect was untouched. Thankfully I make sure to quick collect every 40-60 taps so I didn't lose out on too much work but that bird definitely wreaked havoc on my timer. I've learned my lesson and will only be participating in WW when that bird is on her nest.

P.S:
We all know that if you have stored energy, after WW it claims you only have 40/40 until you restart the game. My question is: Has anyone used the 40 energy before restarting and if so, does it come out of our stored energy or not?

myhsplace
05-11-18, 08:32 PM
Well, we all know to watch out for that thieving blue bird when she's returning to the nest on a normal day but I'm here to make sure you really make sure she's not due to fly in when you're doing WW. Nadina really did a number on my realm!

I was clicking away in my first 10 minutes and I'd just pulled up the bar to do a quick collect when everything went wonky before freezing up for over a full minute. After a force close, I'd lost a few gems on who-knows-what and everything I'd tried to quick collect was untouched. Thankfully I make sure to quick collect every 40-60 taps so I didn't lose out on too much work but that bird definitely wreaked havoc on my timer. I've learned my lesson and will only be participating in WW when that bird is on her nest.

P.S:
We all know that if you have stored energy, after WW it claims you only have 40/40 until you restart the game. My question is: Has anyone used the 40 energy before restarting and if so, does it come out of our stored energy or not?

i have never lost stored energy in either mode, soon as unlimited time is up/or i used the last 40 they gave me, my stored energy shows back up where it should be without me having to even close the game (when it is not unlimited mode, it does take almost a minute to show my energy amount though).

MoonVillage3
05-11-18, 10:36 PM
@ AnnirasSweets

Last night.. during that time.. my game did freeze up many times but not in use of the WW or cause of the blue sparrow coming in or moving out. I was watching the free videos.
After video was finished and automatically should return to the game stating what you've won.. it froze instead. This happened about 5 times.. eventually rebooting and repeating.. but was the same.
I abandoned video watching so I could continue to work on the crafts as I understood the game was NOT running smoothly.

nukesters2
05-11-18, 11:15 PM
I didn’t get the second 10 minutes of unlimited energy! I don’t understand why?

AnnirasSweets
05-12-18, 08:13 AM
i have never lost stored energy in either mode, soon as unlimited time is up/or i used the last 40 they gave me, my stored energy shows back up where it should be without me having to even close the game (when it is not unlimited mode, it does take almost a minute to show my energy amount though).

Thanks for confirming that for me. I'll have to give it a try next WW!

@ AnnirasSweets

Last night.. during that time.. my game did freeze up many times but not in use of the WW or cause of the blue sparrow coming in or moving out. I was watching the free videos.
After video was finished and automatically should return to the game stating what you've won.. it froze instead. This happened about 5 times.. eventually rebooting and repeating.. but was the same.
I abandoned video watching so I could continue to work on the crafts as I understood the game was NOT running smoothly.

Interesting. Perhaps it wasn't the bird at all. I should apologize for assuming it was Nadina but I shan't because more often than not she is the culprit, lol. For future reference, every time you see I've written something about the bird, just know that my eyes are squinted and my fist is raised... Apparently she brings out the persnickety old woman in me.

VersaceMorrow
05-16-18, 06:17 AM
I wonder if any of those traps from monsters past that we have in our inventory could be used for this....I have one trap that I can't even store so it sits in my kingdom, I think it's a wyvern trap. It would be great to get rid of those and not have to worry about trying to spawn something in a hurry.

AnnirasSweets
05-16-18, 09:11 AM
I wonder if any of those traps from monsters past that we have in our inventory could be used for this....I have one trap that I can't even store so it sits in my kingdom, I think it's a wyvern trap. It would be great to get rid of those and not have to worry about trying to spawn something in a hurry.

I have chopped event traps way after the event and the animal still spawned. The traps seem to work as intended regardless of time but the animal won't drop any items either event items or regular items. It's sort of like fighting the ghost of the animal, lol.

So basically:
Good news - You can for sure get rid of that trap and fight the Wyvern.
Bad news - You won't get any drops for fighting the Wyvern.

VersaceMorrow
05-16-18, 09:54 AM
I have chopped event traps way after the event and the animal still spawned. The traps seem to work as intended regardless of time but the animal won't drop any items either event items or regular items. It's sort of like fighting the ghost of the animal, lol.

So basically:
Good news - You can for sure get rid of that trap and fight the Wyvern.
Bad news - You won't get any drops for fighting the Wyvern.

Hmmm.....no drops sucks, but if it satisfies WW goal maybe I'll do some spring cleaning :)

ratdogs4
05-18-18, 02:23 PM
Learned something new during this round of Weekend Warrior - fruit trees (apple, orange, lemon) count as flowers for the harvest 15 flowers.

AnnirasSweets
05-18-18, 06:56 PM
First time I ever got the extra 10 minutes, whoot! The first unlimited was the standard 10 minutes but after the forced close, the second timer was at 19:38 unlimited. I got so much done and feel so accomplished all thanks to the WW. I really will miss this when/if it goes.

RevdKathy
05-18-18, 11:28 PM
Learned something new during this round of Weekend Warrior - fruit trees (apple, orange, lemon) count as flowers for the harvest 15 flowers.

So, oddly, do mushrooms.

ratdogs4
05-20-18, 04:58 AM
So, oddly, do mushrooms.

Thank you! Good to know, no more just wasting energy on those 15 flowers.

lilymonster4
05-20-18, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know when the second weekend worried comes? I want to be ready because I missed the first one.

riverly
05-20-18, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know when the second weekend worried comes? I want to be ready because I missed the first one.I hope we get another. I'll use a boost and be finished.
This hasn't been so bad. I've been coasting along through this. At least I'm not being faced with outrageous, ridiculous goals.
I've been staying steady in the middle of the pack. Not scrambling for the top dog position.

AnnirasSweets
05-20-18, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know when the second weekend worried comes? I want to be ready because I missed the first one.

The first time they offered WW there was some confusion as to how it worked and a lot of European players missed it due to time zones so they offered it again the following day. However, since then WW has only been offered once each week on Friday so I don't think we can expect another until next week. Of course, this is just my educated guess as all things in CS are subject to whims and fancy of those in charge but I believe this to be a safe assumption based on all previous data.

riverly
05-20-18, 12:09 PM
The first time they offered WW there was some confusion as to how it worked and a lot of European players missed it due to time zones so they offered it again the following day. However, since then WW has only been offered once each week on Friday so I don't think we can expect another until next week. Of course, this is just my educated guess as all things in CS are subject to whims and fancy of those in charge but I believe this to be a safe assumption based on all previous data.Come to think of it, you're right.

Ginnyfe
05-28-18, 10:40 AM
My best tips for maximizing Weekend Worrier ;-)

* If you're planning on expanding the forest area, do it on Friday. You'll probably get a rock outcropping and weeds for the WW tasks and if you get any unnecessary stuff like trees and rocks, you can use the unlimited energy to chop them off right away.

* You can chop the rock outcropping 18 times beforehand, just don't finnish it until Baron asks you to.

* Planning is the key. I check the inventory about 4-5 hours before WW, to check if I'm low on wool, mushrooms, crops etc. so that everything I need is ready to collect when WW starts. Put out farmhouses for town building task (you should have 5, build some more if you don't) and check that 5 crafting buildings are running and ready to collect at the right time.

* The cheapest cows only take 10 minutes to reload, so if you need milk, they are the way to go. If you don't have many, you can buy them cheap and grow them on the next WW, they grow very fast.

* If you use refill method, start with the little watering cans and arrows, since they take the most time per click. Sometimes in the middle of your refill time the time changes to countdown mode and then you won't have time for them anymore. Chopping rocks and trees takes much less time so they are the way to put the actual unlimited energy on better use.

Kricketwon1
05-28-18, 06:05 PM
I am utterly lost. I'm trying my darndest to get what you guys are talking about cuz I love this game and I really want to keep playing it ( and as I'm sure u all know unlimited energy or something of the sort would really help :) anyway if anyone wouldn't mind messaging me or adding me I'd really appreciate it. Storm8 id is kricketwon1 and kingdom name I'd kricketskingdom. Thank u :D

SpiritWind00
05-28-18, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior is a new game feature where for a couple of hours (depending on your time zone, Friday night/Sat am) you complete the first two goals and get 10 minutes unlimited energy and then you complete the third goal and get another 10 minutes unlimited energy to do with as you like.

We don't know if it's a permanent ongoing feature or not, but they are same time each week. You don't get notice of it on a splash screen, just a new goal in your book for 5(?) hours to complete. If you look at the first post of any of the last couple of event threads (including the current one about the Toy Shoppe), you'll see the goals and notes. This thread has tips and strategies about how to be prepared and make the most of the 20 minutes of unlimited energy you get.

skruffi23
05-31-18, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior is a new game feature where for a couple of hours (depending on your time zone, Friday night/Sat am) you complete the first two goals and get 10 minutes unlimited energy and then you complete the third goal and get another 10 minutes unlimited energy to do with as you like.

We don't know if it's a permanent ongoing feature or not, but they are same time each week. You don't get notice of it on a splash screen, just a new goal in your book for 5(?) hours to complete. If you look at the first post of any of the last couple of event threads (including the current one about the Toy Shoppe), you'll see the goals and notes. This thread has tips and strategies about how to be prepared and make the most of the 20 minutes of unlimited energy you get. Can you tell me what time it starts in California USA? I'm in Australia and trying to work out what time I have to get up.

SpiritWind00
05-31-18, 05:52 PM
Can you tell me what time it starts in California USA? I'm in Australia and trying to work out what time I have to get up.
Not quite sure but it's around 5-6am and goes till mid morning for us (I'm from Aus too). Hagypagy do you know?

skruffi23
05-31-18, 11:54 PM
I'm in SA, so my time zone would be about the same as yours, but my friend in WA will need to start by 7 am or before to be able to compete it I think. Thanks for your help :)

hagypagy
06-01-18, 04:27 AM
Not quite sure but it's around 5-6am and goes till mid morning for us (I'm from Aus too). Hagypagy do you know?

It has been finishing at 11am I know. I’m in Melbourne (so EST).
Guess that means it kicks off at 6am.
It involves about half an hour of intense play, so I try to be awake and caffeinated by 10am to get into it.

peachtreeshoppe
06-01-18, 06:57 AM
L50 w about 8 daily Ali?s and 3 weeklies earned through game play here.

My tips: run down your resources for milk, hide, bacon, eggs, stone, glimmer dust, wood, water on things you need to craft in the days leading up to it as much as you have animals and resources that can refill them. Save any repetitive chopping needed for a goal until WW and have those items purchased and placed if you can. Thursday?s I fill up the empty spaces of my kingdoms with 3 minute mushrooms, animals that will close my resource gap, and second highest coin producing buildings that are usually in storage. Be sure there are 10 town buildings, though I’ve been leaving those out full time now. During my first unlimited energy I prepare a 19 chopped outcropping that I can use for the following week with a single chop.

I don?t do more than the necessary farming because I think the bonus energies you get are lost. You?re better off farming during a regular time using a rune boost when the doubled energy output makes the entire harvest nearly neutral.

This time around I?m waiting to chop my last 5 or six toy boxes for plush knights until tonight. I don?t have the troll plush to make the toys anyway so I?m better off starting to stickpile energy (I can get 18 energy from wizarding schools two or three times a day and another 50 or so a day from the alicorns. It?s cool to build up 500 energy over the week for a monster hunt or non weekend warrior time when I want to sit down and play for a half hour. It also takes the pressure off of constantly checking the game and rechecking to get those three more energies that accrued in the last ten minutes while I brushed my hair or gathered my stuff for work. Breaks the addiction cycle for me, anyway.

skruffi23
06-01-18, 08:01 PM
Faerie Houses count as town buildings & give very good coin each collection. They only take up 1 square. 12 hr collection though, so you have to remember not to collect within the 12 hrs before WW starts. I'm thinking of buying some more to fund the Tidegate.

ratdogs4
06-03-18, 11:33 AM
Faerie Houses count as town buildings & give very good coin each collection. They only take up 1 square. 12 hr collection though, so you have to remember not to collect within the 12 hrs before WW starts. I'm thinking of buying some more to fund the Tidegate.

Mine are locked by goal - never noticed them there before???

CharmOfLea
06-07-18, 06:28 AM
Reefs count as flowers.

MoonVillage3
12-06-18, 06:51 AM
With all the happy & hurried 'WW' tapping.. remember NOT to collect from whatever buildings that may be needed for the event start later on. It's Thursday!
Better a couple coins less.. than a 12hr late-start of an Event!

CharlieGirl9
12-06-18, 07:34 AM
I just did a ten-minute stint, and at the end had a 'roll-back'. Suddenly all my horses and mushrooms and a hundred other things are uncollected. I'd taken it easy for the last two minutes just ****ing monsters, but next time I will do a restart at the 7 minute mark even if it wastes a minute.

ShibuyaCloth
12-06-18, 08:06 AM
I just did a ten-minute stint, and at the end had a 'roll-back'. Suddenly all my horses and mushrooms and a hundred other things are uncollected. I'd taken it easy for the last two minutes just ****ing monsters, but next time I will do a restart at the 7 minute mark even if it wastes a minute.

I do it BEFORE the infinite energy kicks in. Also I to a quick harvest once I reach 100-150 stacked actions, experience shows that if you have over 200 action stacked, the game tend to reset.

maryamhjm
12-06-18, 09:20 AM
I do it BEFORE the infinite energy kicks in. Also I to a quick harvest once I reach 100-150 stacked actions, experience shows that if you have over 200 action stacked, the game tend to reset.

Hi all, Does anyone have the same problem as me? namely when my 10 minutes of unlimited play has ended and I get a 40 energy refill then in a minute or so it goes down to 28 or 33 energy even if I stop playing and quick collect a minute or so before time ends. I can?t figure out why it happens.

Lavenderdale
12-06-18, 03:19 PM
...My tips: run down your resources for milk, hide, bacon, eggs, stone, glimmer dust, wood, water on things you need to craft in the days leading up to it as much as you have animals and resources that can refill them. Save any repetitive chopping needed for a goal until WW and have those items purchased and placed if you can. ...

... and second highest coin producing buildings that are usually in storage. ...

Solid advice and I hope it goes into the guide!

I don?t do more than the necessary farming because I think the bonus energies you get are lost. You?re better off farming during a regular time using a rune boost when the doubled energy output makes the entire harvest nearly neutral.

Interesting point! I will have to ponder that. Applies if one has finished 4th part of Tablet of Taburnum.

With all the happy & hurried 'WW' tapping.. remember NOT to collect from whatever buildings that may be needed for the event start later on. It's Thursday!
Better a couple coins less.. than a 12hr late-start of an Event!
Excellent point for the guide! Long lead time buildings such as marketplace, taverns, IVY, library ... even waiting 2 hours for Old Thomas can be annoying, lol.

Hi all, Does anyone have the same problem as me? namely when my 10 minutes of unlimited play has ended and I get a 40 energy refill then in a minute or so it goes down to 28 or 33 energy even if I stop playing and quick collect a minute or so before time ends. I can?t figure out why it happens.
It is meant to restore you to the level of energy you had just before timer started. So if you had 28, there you are. If you have 54 because of drops, same thing.

ShibuyaCloth
12-06-18, 03:37 PM

Yeap, today it even went down to 6 energy :/ Might concur with what Lavenderdale said. Well not so concerned about energy as in general I have no more place to harvest from for at least a few minutes until my 500 shrubs reset.

Lavenderdale
12-07-18, 11:14 AM
Does anyone still have to "force close" anymore?

I no longer get the repeated "refills" up to 40 energy anymore. About 10-15 seconds after the Baron pesterscongratulates me for finishing the tasks, I get the "Unlimited" showing with a 10 minute timer. Exactly what the event was always intended to be.

histoplasmosis
12-09-18, 07:48 AM
How does one quick collect?

meme1098
12-09-18, 11:31 AM
How does one quick collect?

On IOS, tap as many items as you'd like & then either visit the Social tab or double tap the home button and the items just start dropping without your avatar going to each place.

Not sure how android does it.

maryamhjm
12-09-18, 01:12 PM
Solid advice and I hope it goes into the guide!

Interesting point! I will have to ponder that. Applies if one has finished 4th part of Tablet of Taburnum.

Excellent point for the guide! Long lead time buildings such as marketplace, taverns, IVY, library ... even waiting 2 hours for Old Thomas can be annoying, lol.

It is meant to restore you to the level of energy you had just before timer started. So if you had 28, there you are. If you have 54 because of drops, same thing.

That doesn?t make sence to me as I always start my unlimited energy with 1 or 2 energy left(collect last building or fight last monster) so that would mean I wouldn?t even get 28 or 30 or even sometimes 40 energy which happens also but never over 40. I thought you just get a 40 energy refill when unlimited play has ended same like when you buy 15 minutes unlimited play.

Trudyscandles
12-14-18, 06:45 AM
On IOS, tap as many items as you'd like & then either visit the Social tab or double tap the home button and the items just start dropping without your avatar going to each place.

Not sure how android does it.

I would be very interested in finding out if there is a way to do the quick collect with android also.

Lavenderdale
12-20-18, 02:19 PM
I'm on Android, I have not heard of anything we can do.

Last night I tested and found premium items work as "Harvest flowers" besides the Apple, Lemon and Orange trees. I successfully tested Maple Tree, Living Tree and Magic Fruit Tree.

Lavenderdale
01-02-19, 05:54 PM
SpiritWind is going to add these details to the hub guide outline - in the meantime, here's a link to a topic that lists what counts for the various tasks:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106930-Weekday-Warrior

HUB THREAD https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106931-Castle-Story-Weekend-Weekday-Warrior-information-(unlimited-energy)

ratdogs4
01-02-19, 07:12 PM
Gingerbread farmhouse did not count as collecting from a town building for the weekend warrior task of Visit (10) Town Buildings, other farmhouses did count. I thought the gingerbread buildings were treated like their "regular" counterpart?

Ginnyfe
01-02-19, 10:06 PM
You can quick collect in android. Just click Menu and Social. Wait 5 seconds and then close the Social screen. In a few seconds all the stuff you've clicked will be collected. Do this every 100 clicks. It works 90% of times. If not, just repeat.

Lavenderdale
01-03-19, 04:58 PM
You can quick collect in android. Just click Menu and Social. Wait 5 seconds and then close the Social screen. In a few seconds all the stuff you've clicked will be collected. Do this every 100 clicks. It works 90% of times. If not, just repeat.

I'm excited about a quick collect on android!

But Menu and Social? I'm on Android 8.0.0. I have a pulldown at the top that lets me adjust a some settings (airplane mode, mobile data, portrait/landscape, etc.) I have a task-switching pullup at the bottom of the screen (kind of like switching tabs in browser.) And then the usual "desktop" with icons. I am on a Motorola if that makes a difference.
EDIT: Ginnyfe explained below, it's the in-game Menu, Social. Thank you. :o

Ginnyfe
01-06-19, 02:59 AM
I'm excited about a quick collect on android!

But Menu and Social? I'm on Android 8.0.0. I have a pulldown at the top that lets me adjust a some settings (airplane mode, mobile data, portrait/landscape, etc.) I have a task-switching pullup at the bottom of the screen (kind of like switching tabs in browser.) And then the usual "desktop" with icons. I am on a Motorola if that makes a difference.

It is the Menu of Castle Story game. Bottom left on the game screen.

Destiel0918
01-10-19, 10:52 AM
Warning for those who didn't know.

Today I completed Weekends Warrior - and during it while I had unlimited Energy - I collected from ALL my daily alicorns and unicorns ( total 44 daily energy sources).....When event ended I had just 40 energy. ALL energy I collected from daily alicorns and unicorns was gone - it should have been minimal at least around 175. ( Normally well above 200).

ShibuyaCloth
01-10-19, 11:39 AM

Today I completed Weekends Warrior - and during it while I had unlimited Energy - I collected from ALL my daily alicorns and unicorns ( total 44 daily energy sources).....When event ended I had just 40 energy. ALL energy I collected from daily alicorns and unicorns was gone - it should have been minimal at least around 175. ( Normally well above 200).

Quite known by those with flocks of energy generators. I always start my WW with minimum energy (0 if possible).

Trudyscandles
01-10-19, 01:04 PM

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now!! Thank you for posting this, I'm going to try it on my next login.

Many thanks!
trudyscandles

MoonVillage3
01-10-19, 03:25 PM

Shouldn't this extra energy you collected, which is yours, be returned at the end of unlimited? Not nice!

Destiel0918
01-10-19, 04:05 PM
Shouldn't this extra energy you collected, which is yours, be returned at the end of unlimited? Not nice!

That is what I hoped for! Like I never considered it would turn into NOTHING. Basically I lost over 200 energy ( I never get less than that) - just before event started. Sort of made me furious.
At least my fligers and direwolves helped to raise my mood:_ and gave me 4 expansion permits today - which was unbelievable luck.

SpiritWind00
01-10-19, 04:19 PM

You should contact Support for assistance about this...

Destiel0918
01-10-19, 04:47 PM
You should contact Support for assistance about this...

Thanks, I sent them report:)

Destiel0918
01-10-19, 05:10 PM
Well...it is official:

Energy that you had before the Unlimited Energy buff will be available to you when the timer ends. However, Energy gained from sources while Unlimited Energy is active doesn't apply to your Energy total after expiration. ( This is official reply from S8 ) - so while you have unlimited energy - NEVER collect from energy sources.

SpiritWind00
01-10-19, 06:12 PM
oh, I'm sorry you didn't get back your lost energy... :)

I've added your note to the Hub thread to help others in future.

Destiel0918
01-10-19, 06:25 PM
oh, I'm sorry you didn't get back your lost energy... :)

I've added your note to the Hub thread to help others in future.

Thanks. Hopefully others won't learn it the hard way:D

ratdogs4
02-16-19, 08:50 PM
I'm hoping there's a WW coming up later this week. I have hundreds of energy stored up, kind of taking a "mini break," logging in twice a day to collect energy for when my break is over. I just want to verify that if I start the 10 minute unlimited energy with, say, 950 energy - after the 10 minutes of unlimited energy the 950 energy should return, correct? Then the same for the second 10 minute unlimited energy?

cavegirl1
02-16-19, 09:51 PM
I'm hoping there's a WW coming up later this week. I have hundreds of energy stored up, kind of taking a "mini break," logging in twice a day to collect energy for when my break is over. I just want to verify that if I start the 10 minute unlimited energy with, say, 950 energy - after the 10 minutes of unlimited energy the 950 energy should return, correct? Then the same for the second 10 minute unlimited energy?

Yes, that's correct. Just remember to not collect from energy sources during the unlimited energy , as they won't get added to your initial total. I generally aim to collect them all before I get the unlimited energy ( to avoid clicking them by mistake)

shortdanzr
03-13-19, 02:54 PM
so since there is a big debate on the new expansion thread about if there is a WW today....my question is on goal 3 we have to **** 4 monsters. if i had a wisp trap and i chopped it, therefore, releasing a wisp & then i ****ed it, would that count toward my 4 needed? (i was also thinking of doing that in a strategic area so that it would be away from areas i want to work in)

Seriously700
03-13-19, 06:07 PM
Did anyone get a weekday warrior? This is the normal time I would get one, but 7 minutes past the hour and it hasn?t started. I?m on Part 2.

carolw1958
03-13-19, 06:10 PM
Did anyone get a weekday warrior? This is the normal time I would get one, but 7 minutes past the hour and it hasn?t started. I?m on Part 2.
I did not get WW either

bobbyrae
03-13-19, 06:29 PM
Not me.

ratdogs4
03-13-19, 06:33 PM
I'm going to continue hoping for another 1/2 hour due to the 1 hour time advancement we had over the weekend. 🤞

shortdanzr
03-13-19, 06:36 PM
no WW. if we dont get it for the entire time of this thing-that is going to piss me off. i don't mind too much putting away all the stuff i dragged out, however, i needed a lot of those things for trades to get the extra EPs i need for the rhino. but more than anything-all that chopping of willow trees
i'm gonna give it some more time before i put everything back

babysx1
03-13-19, 06:52 PM
Maybe we’ll get a weekend warrior if no weekday one

ratdogs4
03-13-19, 07:51 PM
YAHOO!! WW after all - just a little late!!! 😀😀😀

farmerted7
03-13-19, 08:02 PM
Yay!!! Happy chopping everyone!

shortdanzr
of course it was about 10 min after i started putting everything back in. and some of those had 2-4 hour timers. d(8&#^%$@@U$

KadeeDid

I didn't. It is now 11pm and usually starts much earlier than this.

AnnirasSweets
03-13-19, 08:03 PM
so since there is a big debate on the new expansion thread about if there is a WW today....my question is on goal 3 we have to **** 4 monsters. if i had a wisp trap and i chopped it, therefore, releasing a wisp & then i ****ed it, would that count toward my 4 needed? (i was also thinking of doing that in a strategic area so that it would be away from areas i want to work in)

Any monster counts, whether it was spawned before or after the WW. I almost always have a monster on my board (from the last event usually) tucked out of the way and they've always counted.

Graceland53
03-13-19, 08:34 PM

How do you store energy? If I just collect from my energy sources will the count just increase past 40? Thanks for your help. I have never done a WW event before and came here looking for tips

deadpixel
03-14-19, 12:08 AM
Yes!!! Weekday Warrior is on! :love_heart:

Time to put all unnecessary things into storage and fill my realm with trees ;)

Lavenderdale
03-14-19, 12:28 AM
I awoke early and have a WW w my coffee. Am in England, UK.

Lavenderdale, I had my first laugh out loud of the day w your WW post. : )

From "brain limitations," lol?

I'm proud and delighted at the privilege of starting your day with a lol! :D

federerGOAT
03-14-19, 04:04 AM
My energy count went down during the WW even though it said it was unlimited energy for each 10 minute period.

On one accound I had 27k+ energy and after the 10 minute period it went down to 26k+.
On the other account it went down from 13k+ to 12k+.

GC5410
03-14-19, 10:09 AM
Between the two 10 minute WW the game just randomly swallowed all my energy (80+) and I’ve missed out on the doing the second WW, because I didn’t have any energy left to activate even though I had just activated my 50 energy box. I was using a full bar of energy and after about 10 uses it just drained completely, so I had to activate my 50 energy box so that I could finish the requirements for WW and then about 10 uses in to that the energy just disappeared too, so I couldn’t start WW before it expired! Now I’ve lost my 50 energy box (that I shouldn’t have even needed to use and was trying to keep), but didn’t get all the energy and I missed out on doing the second WW that I’d spent all that energy prepping for! I understand the unlimited 10 minutes are probably not possible now, but can I please have the 50 + 30 energy back that I’ve lost. I also spent loads more energy prepping, so not happy I’ve basically lost everything I gained from the first WW :(

riverly
03-14-19, 11:02 AM
Between the two 10 minute WW the game just randomly swallowed all my energy (80+) and I?ve missed out on the doing the second WW, because I didn?t have any energy left to activate even though I had just activated my 50 energy box. I was using a full bar of energy and after about 10 uses it just drained completely, so I had to activate my 50 energy box so that I could finish the requirements for WW and then about 10 uses in to that the energy just disappeared too, so I couldn?t start WW before it expired! Now I?ve lost my 50 energy box (that I shouldn?t have even needed to use and was trying to keep), but didn?t get all the energy and I missed out on doing the second WW that I?d spent all that energy prepping for! I understand the unlimited 10 minutes are probably not possible now, but can I please have the 50 + 30 energy back that I?ve lost. I also spent loads more energy prepping, so not happy I?ve basically lost everything I gained from the first WW :(Had you done the WW before? I ask that because the first one I did, I completely messed it all up. I encourage everyone to read the info in the Hub before trying one.
The thing that is confusing to me is when the dialogue pops up when I'm supposed to be doing the 1st round of energy. I just ignore it now. And I still have to force close to get unlimited energy to start. Getting off topic. Look for WW thread. Or go to Hub.
Adding: I guess you could contact Support but I wouldn't hold my breath.....

GC5410
03-14-19, 11:46 AM
Had you done the WW before? I ask that because the first one I did, I completely messed it all up. I encourage everyone to read the info in the Hub before trying one.
The thing that is confusing to me is when the dialogue pops up when I'm supposed to be doing the 1st round of energy. I just ignore it now. And I still have to force close to get unlimited energy to start. Getting off topic. Look for WW thread. Or go to Hub.
Adding: I guess you could contact Support but I wouldn't hold my breath.....

Yes, thanks, I’ve done loads of WW and always force close to get it to start properly. The problem wasn’t really with the WW as such as I was between parts and it was “standard” energy plus energy box energy that disappeared.

purrdue5
03-19-19, 12:33 PM
I must have missed something in the forum, how do u know when the weekly warrior becomes available?

shortdanzr
03-19-19, 01:15 PM
I must have missed something in the forum, how do u know when the weekly warrior becomes available?

wednesday nights whenever an event is not going on....meaning the "press your luck: is an event. so no WW tomarrow

purrdue5
03-19-19, 05:21 PM
wednesday nights whenever an event is not going on....meaning the "press your luck: is an event. so no WW tomarrow

Thanks I missed that info somehow.

purrdue5
03-27-19, 06:46 AM
Has anyone heard if we get WW today?

shortdanzr
03-27-19, 06:54 AM
How do you store energy? If I just collect from my energy sources will the count just increase past 40? Thanks for your help. I have never done a WW event before and came here looking for tips

if you collect from your energy sources (not during the 10 min unlimited energy time) then the counter will go above 40. just like whne you level up & get an energy boost. but you wont continue to "earn" energy (the 3 min timer energy) if you are above your max

shortdanzr
03-27-19, 06:59 AM
Has anyone heard if we get WW today?

we should since "press your luck " ends today & the splash screen about the event with the unicorn-fox & bumblebee-fox shows starting tomarrow

purrdue5
03-27-19, 07:54 AM
Since I'm not too familiar with the WW if it is available today when does it. Show up?

purrdue5
03-27-19, 08:08 AM
Thanks Riverly I will keep a lookout for it. I sure hope it doe t change, I've got every space filled with willow trees. Messy

riverly
03-27-19, 08:39 AM
Thanks Riverly I will keep a lookout for it. I sure hope it doe t change, I've got every space filled with willow trees. MessyMine is too. I encourage everyone to read the thread about the Weekday Warrior. So many great tips and it will help you plan ahead for it. I look it over everytime I decide to do the WW. It helps so much to prepare and know what to expect. Sometimes I even make notes on how I'm going to do it before I actually begin.

shortdanzr
03-27-19, 09:53 AM
Mine is too. I encourage everyone to read the thread about the Weekday Warrior. So many great tips and it will help you plan ahead for it. I look it over everytime I decide to do the WW. It helps so much to prepare and know what to expect. Sometimes I even make notes on how I'm going to do it before I actually begin.

i basically trash mykingdom in order to put stuff out (to collect that i normally don't need) or fill it with willow trees. usually i try to get rid of all the extra trees or things that show up when i expand. for me it usually starts around 10pm ish eastern time

purrdue5
03-27-19, 10:06 AM
Thanks Riverly & shortdanzr. Forever the reason I was not aware of the description on WW, I have read all 7 pages of it & it was super helpful. I'm still a little confused about the timing, for instance if would come available at 10 p.m. do I have to start the goal right away? Also the monster timing when can I start slaying the 3 ahead of the last goal, after starting goal 1 for it to count? Sorry to be so dense

riverly
03-27-19, 10:59 AM
Thanks Riverly & shortdanzr. Forever the reason I was not aware of the description on WW, I have read all 7 pages of it & it was super helpful. I'm still a little confused about the timing, for instance if would come available at 10 p.m. do I have to start the goal right away? Also the monster timing when can I start slaying the 3 ahead of the last goal, after starting goal 1 for it to count? Sorry to be so denseYou can delay starting until you have a game plan, and I try to plan a time when I know I won't be distracted. I know there is a tip about monsters, but I don't quite understand that part either. I just go through each step and IGNORE! any pop ups that come up.
Read over the goals carefully.
I try to start the WW with 40+ energy.
I think we're getting off topic so I suggest reading all threads concerning WW. My first one was a disaster! Good luck!

purrdue5
03-27-19, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much, I will take your advice & proceed carefully. Much luck to you. Again off the subject but where are you from? I live in the state of Indiana US. Thanks again

riverly
03-27-19, 12:40 PM
Thanks so much, I will take your advice & proceed carefully. Much luck to you. Again off the subject but where are you from? I live in the state of Indiana US. Thanks againIn Arkansas, USA. The event has 5hrs and 20mins remaining. (Notice how I worked that in). Lol.
But I wouldn't trust the timer.

stm4522
03-27-19, 05:43 PM
Do you have to be a certain level on iOS to get the Weekend/Wednesday Warrior?

Nessell
03-27-19, 06:57 PM
WW has started for me...

riverly
03-27-19, 09:41 PM
I think I'm finally getting the hang of WW. Anyways I chopped about 60 willows and got 75 vines. Crazy. I grew some willows in between first unlimited energy and second unlimited energy. So I used up stored energy to grow trees. I'm not sure how much I came out ahead. Oh well.

purrdue5
03-28-19, 09:26 AM
WW became a lot clearer when I actually did it. I got enough vines to finish the goal, now if I could get better with the ores

Jules_c
03-30-19, 08:49 AM
What is "quick collect"?

meme1098
03-30-19, 09:00 AM
What is "quick collect"?

Instead of waiting for your avatar to roam around collecting from each item you tapped, after you've tapped a bunch of things, double tap the home button, & he or she will stand while all items drop continuously. That's my way of doing it. Others include pulling down the notifications, or opening the social menu & waiting for either the community or neighbor list to populate. There may be others I'm not sure.

Jules_c
03-30-19, 09:33 AM
Thank you soooo much!! Been playing for 2+ years and never knew this trick!!

shortdanzr
04-04-19, 02:01 AM
did first unlimited energy on this WW & it was super glitchy. wasn't registering my clicks, restarting often. etc. the whole game would freeze. i haven't finished the last monster for the 2nd unlimited 10min. i need those willows. anybody else experience this?

SpiritWind00
04-04-19, 02:04 AM
did first unlimited energy on this WW & it was super glitchy. wasn't registering my clicks, restarting often. etc. the whole game would freeze. i haven't finished the last monster for the 2nd unlimited 10min. i need those willows. anybody else experience this?
Every.Single.Time! It's why I don't/won't do WW.

shortdanzr
04-04-19, 02:52 AM
Every.Single.Time! It's why I don't/won't do WW.

but it's still glitchy. even now as i'm trying to finish growing more willows for the second unlimited time, it is being glitchy. i'll try to move to another area of my kingdom & it won't take. it's always had restarts, pausing, etc=but never this bad. & i think it is on S8 server because DS (which is never glitchy) has been that way for the past day.

GC5410
04-04-19, 06:15 AM
Did everyone get 20 minutes unlimited energy and then 10 minutes unlimited energy (so 30 minutes altogether) this week?

AnnirasSweets
04-04-19, 06:45 AM
Did everyone get 20 minutes unlimited energy and then 10 minutes unlimited energy (so 30 minutes altogether) this week?

No, I got 10 and 10. Occasionally, there is a blip in the favor of players and we're given extra unlimited energy during WW. The funny thing is, when that happens to me, I run out of things to do with the energy and end up chopping rocks for most of it, lol.

SpiritWind00
04-04-19, 06:24 PM
but it's still glitchy. even now as i'm trying to finish growing more willows for the second unlimited time, it is being glitchy. i'll try to move to another area of my kingdom & it won't take. it's always had restarts, pausing, etc=but never this bad. & i think it is on S8 server because DS (which is never glitchy) has been that way for the past day.
Yes, that's what I mean :) It's *so* glitchy and reloads the game with all actions removed every few minutes despite syncing. Overall, it's way too frustrating for me. I'd rather just save up and use stored energy.

shortdanzr
04-05-19, 04:10 AM
Yes, that's what I mean :) It's *so* glitchy and reloads the game with all actions removed every few minutes despite syncing. Overall, it's way too frustrating for me. I'd rather just save up and use stored energy.

but you have multiple energy sources. i have 6 dailies (which some give +2 after you have clicked on them) & one weekly. up until this week, the game has only been mildly glitchy for me. ever since MH started, it went haywire

shortdanzr
04-17-19, 10:52 AM
so this will be my first WW w/ the elven post (i've avoided expanding there because i didn't want to deal with it when seriously having to work on part1 & 2 of hidden forest-then i started glimmergate & 1/2 way through sabina). what's up with making sure nadina doesn't leave the roost or come back? is it that you just want to make sure that Nadina doesn't leave or come back during the 10 min unlimited time?

AnnirasSweets
04-17-19, 02:56 PM
so this will be my first WW w/ the elven post (i've avoided expanding there because i didn't want to deal with it when seriously having to work on part1 & 2 of hidden forest-then i started glimmergate & 1/2 way through sabina). what's up with making sure nadina doesn't leave the roost or come back? is it that you just want to make sure that Nadina doesn't leave or come back during the 10 min unlimited time?

Pretty much. When doing the WW, it's all about getting as many clicks in as possible and when that bird decides it's time to move it refocuses the entire screen which can result in accidental tapping/gem loss and screen freezing. I wrote in detail back on the first page (post #10 of this thread) my experiences with the bird landing during my WW. It very well could've been an isolated incident but with the amount of issues players have been experiencing lately with WW and its glitchiness, I think it's best to just avoid bird movement altogether.

PJColley
04-17-19, 07:35 PM
Toadstool Cottage was also counted as a "town building" for me. I cannot understand why the Jeweler building is not considered a town building. I've never seen a jewelry store on a country road! :o There are other buildings, as well, that should be on the list.

shortdanzr
04-17-19, 07:51 PM
Pretty much. When doing the WW, it's all about getting as many clicks in as possible and when that bird decides it's time to move it refocuses the entire screen which can result in accidental tapping/gem loss and screen freezing. I wrote in detail back on the first page (post #10 of this thread) my experiences with the bird landing during my WW. It very well could've been an isolated incident but with the amount of issues players have been experiencing lately with WW and its glitchiness, I think it's best to just avoid bird movement altogether.

i saw that in your post. but since that was almost a year ago & back when WW was on friday (during an event), i wasn't sure if anything had changed

HuckleTown
04-18-19, 06:36 AM
First time doing WW. my first 10 minutes went pretty well. With 6 minutes left I planted more willows to get the first grow during unlimited. Mostly worked. Some weren't watered before timing out. So I used 17 of my new 40 energy to water them. I planted more.

My problem came 5 minutes later. I had 23 energy. Left the game, came back to water some willows, I only had 7 energy. Sad. I should still be able to get the next 10 minutes before time runs out as long as I grow most of my willows.

WOW it just happened again, I finished my last 10 minutes. Waited 2 minutes to water a few willow trees. Used 15 energy, then the game resets and I have 0 energy!

Lavenderdale
04-18-19, 05:47 PM
Toadstool Cottage was also counted as a "town building" for me. I cannot understand why the Jeweler building is not considered a town building. I've never seen a jewelry store on a country road! :o There are other buildings, as well, that should be on the list.

Buildings with Royal Points (including Jeweller) are not Town Buildings. Same with crafting Buildings. So there ends up being very few: farmhouse, cottage, tavern, marketplace, the windmill ...

VersaceMorrow
05-10-19, 03:17 AM
So, is there still no word on whether Wednesday warrior is a thing of the past, or did someone forget to flip a switch?

farmerted7
05-18-19, 03:14 PM
So, is there still no word on whether Wednesday warrior is a thing of the past, or did someone forget to flip a switch?

Did you get a response?

Will there be a weekday warrior after the current event ends?

SpiritWind00
05-18-19, 04:45 PM
They are generally every 2 weeks as soon as a 14 day event ends. If an event is only 1 week it may not come up. There is no definitive set pattern as yet.

VersaceMorrow
05-21-19, 10:53 AM
They are generally every 2 weeks as soon as a 14 day event ends. If an event is only 1 week it may not come up. There is no definitive set pattern as yet.

Right, I know what it is generally but after the last event it didn’t happen.....that’s why I wasn’t sure.

shortdanzr
05-22-19, 04:52 PM
i has come after 1 week events for the pasts 5 months. before that i couldn't tell you. but i want to riot if it doesn't start in a few hours

maryamhjm
05-22-19, 07:45 PM
Weekday Warrior has started

bobbyrae
05-23-19, 05:35 AM
A tip that could have been a mere grumble: My second lot of unlimited energy today didn't show up until six minutes 40 seconds in. If I had given up, thrown the game aside in temporary disgust and disappointment, as I admit I was tempted to do, I would've missed out on close to 7 minutes of free energy and grumbled about missing it all together.

Ergo, if you have a delay on your unlimited energy, stick with it, even for minutes. : )

Neither the first nor second set of energy ever just shows up for me. I always have to restart the game :/

Destiel0918
05-23-19, 06:50 AM
Same - the moment I get unlimited energy I have to force-close app and re-open it. Ironically this is fastest way for me to get to use it.

maxiandtaz
05-23-19, 09:07 AM
The second of the unlimited energy was for 20 minutes this time has it always been for 20 minutes and I never noticed I too have to force close my game before it shows up as well

cavegirl1
05-23-19, 04:08 PM
The second of the unlimited energy was for 20 minutes this time has it always been for 20 minutes and I never noticed I too have to force close my game before it shows up as well

It was 20 minutes for me too, which is not the norm. I ended up not having anything to do in the last 5 minutes :-)

riverly
05-23-19, 08:59 PM
It was 20 minutes for me too, which is not the norm. I ended up not having anything to do in the last 5 minutes :-)I spent a lot of time buying and chopping grand Rooted Lilium trees trying to get the wisp to spawn. It helped me get a few of the wisp essences.

trailbean
05-29-19, 12:28 PM
What level do you have to be to get Weekday Warrior? Also, what time does it happen?

shortdanzr
05-30-19, 03:47 AM
What level do you have to be to get Weekday Warrior? Also, what time does it happen?

i wanna say level 15. but i could be wrong. it starts on wednesday nights when there isn't an event (most of the time-it has skipped a wednesday without warning). it usually starts around 9-10pm eastern time. i say usually because i have had it start as late as 11pm.

CharlieGirl9
06-06-19, 07:24 AM
My first one today was 20 minutes. Usually I only get 7 minutes by the time I do the restart, and I always quit with 30 seconds to go and do a restart then as well. So I should be happy (and I am ...). But I ran out of things to do very quickly. I ended up going through my inventory and chopping random things. I have over 150 purple cursed reef things, so I chopped a bunch of those for the coral. Not sure what to do with my second round. Just spawn lots of fawns and wisps I suppose.

shortdanzr
07-10-19, 07:35 PM
Missing poster:
Weekday warrior

VersaceMorrow
07-10-19, 07:38 PM
Well this is unfortunate.....once again S8 disappoints by forgetting to activate Wednesday Warrior. Oh well.

kajohn345
07-10-19, 08:33 PM
I don?t want to collect things if it?s just taking a while on my game...

peachtreeshoppe
07-10-19, 08:41 PM
None for me either... I've been waiting all night. This is disappointing. I've been preparing for over a week.

peachtreeshoppe
07-10-19, 08:42 PM
Well this is unfortunate.....once again S8 disappoints by forgetting to activate Wednesday Warrior. Oh well.

Any chance they'll do it first thing in the morning? Mayyyybe? Please?

makhan2
07-10-19, 09:08 PM
None for me either... I've been waiting all night. This is disappointing. I've been preparing for over a week.
Me too I been checking all afternoon and nothing. I was even saving my crops for that but no :(
All I did was the goal things all week and I still didn?t finish and I haven?t harvested my crops in two days. At least I got all energy Crates .

PuntaMita
07-10-19, 09:44 PM
Grrreat, got all sorts of willow trees to chop & no energy.

VersaceMorrow
07-11-19, 03:22 AM
I wonder if it has to do with a programming issue, like the chest #3 goal still being in the goal book? Maybe you can’t have two different spawn/fight monsters goals pending at once.

trailbean
07-11-19, 05:39 AM
I wonder if it has to do with a programming issue, like the chest #3 goal still being in the goal book? Maybe you can’t have two different spawn/fight monsters goals pending at once.

That may be the case, but if so, Storm8 should tell us.

peachtreeshoppe
07-11-19, 05:46 AM
I wonder if it has to do with a programming issue, like the chest #3 goal still being in the goal book? Maybe you can?t have two different spawn/fight monsters goals pending at once.

I hope that wouldn't be the case. I need to fight Heksa and it would be crazypants if that prevented the WW, now or ever. I don't even want to fight her since you get energy back as you go and monsters take so long to load.

VersaceMorrow
07-11-19, 06:36 AM
I hope that wouldn't be the case. I need to fight Heksa and it would be crazypants if that prevented the WW, now or ever. I don't even want to fight her since you get energy back as you go and monsters take so long to load.

I'm thinking more on a universal level rather than individual... for example I had WW working for me when I was finishing up the forest quests and had to fight all the totems.

Then again, if you remember the days when WW happened on weekends during events this wasn't a problem, even once during a MH.... so I am completely withdrawing my theory :D

shortdanzr
07-11-19, 07:11 AM
so i guess i have to put my kingdom back together. this morning when it hadn't started, i put away all the quick time items (like cows), but left out the things that have long load times.

maryamhjm
07-11-19, 08:55 AM
Maybe it is a monthly warriar from now on ,as this is the second time it is skipped so maybe every other event?

VersaceMorrow
07-11-19, 09:20 AM
Maybe it is a monthly warriar from now on ,as this is the second time it is skipped so maybe every other event?

Whatever it is, we should at least be given the courtesy of an answer. And it's not like this is a weekend when S8 is unavailable. C'mon S8, what's the story?

AnnirasSweets
07-11-19, 11:07 AM
Are you meaning the quick collect? If you are, so far as I know Quick Collecting is not strictly an iOS thing; anyone on any device can do it - you don't have to go to the menu to do it either.

One can simply tap the number of times they like and then tug on the device's pull down/pull up menus which will automatically force all the taps to go through at once. I normally play on iOS but keep around an Android device that I have had to use at times for CS but have never had any issues completing a quick collection on either device.

VersaceMorrow
07-11-19, 11:08 AM
Maybe they will give us 6 crates of x50 energy as *part* compensation? I love me a good compensation. : ) (I know, I know, no way, but I can dream, can't I?) : )

Ooh, how much energy do you think you get through? It is *easily* hundreds each time,, esp on iOS as there is that pretend to visit community or neighbours for 5 seconds thing that does a sweep of actions on the board. I started this game on Android, and WW is WAY funner on an iOS device. Really, 6 x50 energy crates is very very reasonable. ; )

I once figured out during a monster hunt using unlimited energy that it takes 3 minutes to fight a glimmer golum, which takes about 50 energy because of the critical hits, so I would say 20 minutes of unlimited energy should be worth just over 330 energy.

bobbyrae
07-11-19, 11:14 AM
Maybe they will give us 6 crates of x50 energy as *part* compensation? I love me a good compensation. : ) (I know, I know, no way, but I can dream, can't I?) : )

Ooh, how much energy do you think you get through? It is *easily* hundreds each time,, esp on iOS as there is that pretend to visit community or neighbours for 5 seconds thing that does a sweep of actions on the board. I started this game on Android, and WW is WAY funner on an iOS device. Really, 6 x50 energy crates is very very reasonable. ; )
I would love an unlimited energy dropping tree (that gives unlimited energy for 12 hours) with a 12 hour timer. That would be nice.

ratdogs4
07-31-19, 06:57 PM
Yeah, thanks for the Wednesday Weekend Warrior.

VersaceMorrow
08-01-19, 03:25 AM
It seems like the only time we don't get WW is the night before an MH.....which I guess is a good hint when we're getting one since the splash screens for the MH's have been more and more secretive about it for some reason

farmerted7
09-11-19, 06:14 PM
Here is a tip for weekend warrior that might not have been posted yet:
1. Place a rock outcropping (before or during the weekend warrior goal), then whack it 19 times during unlimited energy time, then stash it somewhere in your kingdom (maybe behind a building) for the next weekend warrior.
2. When the weekend warrior goal pops the next time to "Mine a rock outcropping", you will only have to expend 1 energy to do so.
3. Repeat.

bobbyrae
09-12-19, 05:34 AM
Here is a tip for weekend warrior that might not have been posted yet:
1. Place a rock outcropping (before or during the weekend warrior goal), then whack it 19 times during unlimited energy time, then stash it somewhere in your kingdom (maybe behind a building) for the next weekend warrior.
2. When the weekend warrior goal pops the next time to "Mine a rock outcropping", you will only have to expend 1 energy to do so.
3. Repeat.

Great tip. I try to keep a couple "1 energy" rock outcroppings on my board.

shortdanzr
09-12-19, 01:18 PM
i usually keep several in my queendom chopped to 18. just in case i hit it again. then it knocks it to 19.

JCrewS11
10-02-19, 07:36 PM
So what happens if you level up during ww unlimited energy? Do I miss out on that energy?

SpiritWind00
10-02-19, 08:09 PM
So what happens if you level up during ww unlimited energy? Do I miss out on that energy?
That's a great question! No one has ever commented about that... if it's like any other collection souce, then it's likely not to count. We just don't know the answer! Are you close to levelling up and if you're willing to risk it, screen shot your before and after totals and let us know. If you're not, then I don't blame you as every bit counts when you don't have a mass of energy stashed like some of us do.

shortdanzr
10-02-19, 08:52 PM

i actully leveled up during the unlimited time. i did not get that energy boost.

SpiritWind00
10-03-19, 01:03 AM
i actully leveled up during the unlimited time. i did not get that energy boost.
Thanks for posting that...I'll add it to the Hub :)

deadpixel
10-03-19, 02:24 AM
I just cleared a third of my queendom with the first round of unlimited energy and guess what? I only met ONE Fangbeast even though I went through an entire 50-plot crop of strawberries, 20 Cows, 10 Minks, 20 Farm Houses, 10 Cottages, 20 ponds, 15 Wells, etc., etc. No other monster appeared.

It looks like I'll have to rely on my monster generators to complete the "Fight Monsters" task :mad:

Edit:
I even tried collecting from my sea creatures and decorations, which, more often than not, spawns an Aquanther. No such luck this time.

It seems that the monster spawn rate has mysteriously dipped again :blue:

JCrewS11
10-03-19, 04:25 AM
That's a great question! No one has ever commented about that... if it's like any other collection souce, then it's likely not to count. We just don't know the answer! Are you close to levelling up and if you're willing to risk it, screen shot your before and after totals and let us know. If you're not, then I don't blame you as every bit counts when you don't have a mass of energy stashed like some of us do.

I haven?t figured out how to do screenshots shots yet🤦*♀️. I had 37 energy when unlimited started( unfortunately I didn?t get to finish last night) so I leveled up during ww unlimited. When it was done, I had 40, so looks like you don?t get the extra energy!! Royal Bummer!!

JCrewS11
10-03-19, 04:30 AM
I just cleared a third of my queendom with the first round of unlimited energy and guess what? I only met ONE Fangbeast even though I went through an entire 50-plot crop of strawberries, 20 Cows, 10 Minks, 20 Farm Houses, 10 Cottages, 20 ponds, 15 Wells, etc., etc. No other monster appeared.

It looks like I'll have to rely on my monster generators to complete the "Fight Monsters" task :mad:

Edit:
I even tried collecting from my sea creatures and decorations, which, more often than not, spawns an Aquanther. No such luck this time.

It seems that the monster spawn rate has mysteriously dipped again :blue:

Not sure if it?s because I have the ?boaring problem ? goal but I spawned dire boars like crazy during ww. Also got fangbeasts from cows and chickens. I?m only on level 30 though.

riverly
10-24-19, 05:29 AM
The WW is pretty tricky for those fairy flowers. Basically you have to start it in the 1st 10 minutes, start 2 brews, park a beast, collect from Aspens til max and then wait til brews are done -2 hours, , start more brews and then collect from aspens again in 2nd 10 minutes.
And on top of that I had to grow a lot! of Aspens. I'm not sure I came out too much ahead.
But of course, there's probably a better way that I didn't think about.

GameAddicted007
11-06-19, 02:52 PM
If i stored more than 40 energy (for example 200) and do the weekend warrior - will my energy remain at 200 after the unlimited energy time gets over? Or shall I lose my savings and end up with just 40?

riverly
11-06-19, 04:11 PM
If i stored more than 40 energy (for example 200) and do the weekend warrior - will my energy remain at 200 after the unlimited energy time gets over? Or shall I lose my savings and end up with just 40?You will keep all of your energy. The unlimited energy will show up and do a countdown, and after that your game will go back to the energy you had before. DO NOT collect from any energy resources, such as Ali's, libraries etc..... These will not be added to your banked energy.
Sometimes a forced close is necessary to bring your game back to where you started. (Almost always for me).
Also....there's a thread devoted to hints and info about WW. Study it well beforehand.

peachtreeshoppe
11-06-19, 08:27 PM
The WW is pretty tricky for those fairy flowers. Basically you have to start it in the 1st 10 minutes, start 2 brews, park a beast, collect from Aspens til max and then wait til brews are done -2 hours, , start more brews and then collect from aspens again in 2nd 10 minutes.
And on top of that I had to grow a lot! of Aspens. I'm not sure I came out too much ahead.
But of course, there's probably a better way that I didn't think about.

I try to get a couple of fangbeasts a day so I have that component on hand. Don't forget the ability to speed up the potion shop so you can collect 65 + 65 +200 in the first ten minutes. Then use up the stored 200 on making an addition round and a half of brews. So it'll take 3 hours (the set started during WW, the set after using 130/200, then an hour to use 65 more on one more brew), then do it all over again later in the day and you'll have 10 Benediction Brews out of the WW. I also planted 30 plants next to my little forest so I could tend to them twice during the WW, reducing the energy to grow the next crop.

riverly
11-06-19, 09:57 PM
I try to get a couple of fangbeasts a day so I have that component on hand. Don't forget the ability to speed up the potion shop so you can collect 65 + 65 +200 in the first ten minutes. Then use up the stored 200 on making an addition round and a half of brews. So it'll take 3 hours (the set started during WW, the set after using 130/200, then an hour to use 65 more on one more brew), then do it all over again later in the day and you'll have 10 Benediction Brews out of the WW. I also planted 30 plants next to my little forest so I could tend to them twice during the WW, reducing the energy to grow the next crop.I am definitely going to try it this way.

pprrettyyygaaaal
02-16-22, 10:29 PM
Hey all I dont know if this if this is an open conversation still, since many have pointed out the issues of the WW's, but is it normal for the energy remaining after the 10 unlimited minutes are over to be less than 40? In my past WWs, I'd get a full energy refill after the timer stopped but it's the second time already that the timer stops and I have like 18 energy. Has anyone else experienced this?

mymonta
02-17-22, 11:56 AM
Hey all I dont know if this if this is an open conversation still, since many have pointed out the issues of the WW's, but is it normal for the energy remaining after the 10 unlimited minutes are over to be less than 40? In my past WWs, I'd get a full energy refill after the timer stopped but it's the second time already that the timer stops and I have like 18 energy. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I experience it virtually every time. I think it is because it takes the Storm8 server time to sync up or whatever. I don't really get it. I've even experienced rollbacks after the unlimited energy was used up, and when it came back, it said that I had 0 energy. Not cool. This has been discussed maybe a little bit in the "weekday warrior rollbacks" thread. I'm glad you posted in this thread because I had never seen it before, and when I have time I would like to read through it for tips. Hopefully someone who is more tech savvy than I can explain why it doesn't give us a full refill of energy.

ShibuyaCloth
02-17-22, 11:57 AM

I do, so I always drain my energy to 0 before starting the happy 10-minutes, in general my energy is full at the end. If I do with a half full tank, it is not full at then end.

mymonta
02-17-22, 03:22 PM
I empty my energy completely before I start the unlimited energy, too.

pprrettyyygaaaal
02-17-22, 09:11 PM
I do, so I always drain my energy to 0 before starting the happy 10-minutes, in general my energy is full at the end. If I do with a half full tank, it is not full at then end.

Bummer! I also use up all of my energy before the unlimited timer starts bc I know if I don't it'll be wasted. However even with doing so it still happens to me. For example today in the morning I did the last goal and after the timer ended I saw it was at 40 so I thought yay its back to normal. Then I collected from one pond and began to move stuff around and put things away. When I exited edit mode it said I had 16 energy. It sucks that it does this but at least I haven't experienced major rollbacks yet.

pprrettyyygaaaal
02-17-22, 09:15 PM
Yes, I experience it virtually every time. I think it is because it takes the Storm8 server time to sync up or whatever. I don't really get it. I've even experienced rollbacks after the unlimited energy was used up, and when it came back, it said that I had 0 energy. Not cool. This has been discussed maybe a little bit in the "weekday warrior rollbacks" thread. I'm glad you posted in this thread because I had never seen it before, and when I have time I would like to read through it for tips. Hopefully someone who is more tech savvy than I can explain why it doesn't give us a full refill of energy.

That's an interesting explanation. It's lame that you experience every time though. Are you a high level player? I just began level 49 so I'm not sure if it only happens when your kingdom is more advanced......

Blanche_Lady
03-01-22, 09:56 PM
I try to get a couple of fangbeasts a day so I have that component on hand. Don't forget the ability to speed up the potion shop so you can collect 65 + 65 +200 in the first ten minutes. Then use up the stored 200 on making an addition round and a half of brews. So it'll take 3 hours (the set started during WW, the set after using 130/200, then an hour to use 65 more on one more brew), then do it all over again later in the day and you'll have 10 Benediction Brews out of the WW. I also planted 30 plants next to my little forest so I could tend to them twice during the WW, reducing the energy to grow the next crop.

Thanks for sharing. It's almost like sinister sister this challenge. So long. Both brews.

keeksbeats
03-30-22, 06:58 PM
WW just started for me about an hour ago, 9pm EST on Wednesday. Not Thursday!

mymonta
03-31-22, 10:32 AM
WW just started for me about an hour ago, 9pm EST on Wednesday. Not Thursday!

Yes, Weekend Warrior is always on a Wednesday, and new events start on Thursdays.

manga100
03-31-22, 11:20 AM
Yes, Weekend Warrior is always on a Wednesday, and new events start on Thursdays.

It's always on a Thursday for me! ;) Ends a few hours before the new event.

JD_Lindsey
04-06-22, 05:54 PM
Always avoid collecting from energy givers while on unlimited as they do not add to your balance

shambalaya
04-07-22, 07:52 AM
This was THE WORST roll back ever during WW. 20 seconds after I cleared my whole queendom, chopped down a ton of geode rocks and gave myself a sore wrist from intense finger tapping it all rolls back and it?s all back! The only thing that?s chopped is what I did in the first half a minute or so. This is so annoying! I also spend time taking stuff out of storage and arranging things for easy chopping and then a roll back just ruins it all, aaaaargh!

Update: Either the Storm8 gods fixed it or another rollback replaced the previous rollback, yay!

manga100
04-28-22, 06:00 AM
Using the WW to collect golden nuggets was the best decision I ever made!! I was always so low on them but now I make sure I've got at least 20+ in my inventory for a new event. If I didn't use any in a event that just finished, I'll still save some up because I never want to have to deal with the mess that the Celtic Dancing Queen event was for me :p

Frostyforest34
04-29-22, 07:38 AM
Using the WW to collect golden nuggets was the best decision I ever made!! I was always so low on them but now I make sure I've got at least 20+ in my inventory for a new event. If I didn't use any in a event that just finished, I'll still save some up because I never want to have to deal with the mess that the Celtic Dancing Queen event was for me :p

How can you be sure to get Golden Nuggets during the WW event?

manga100
04-29-22, 12:32 PM
How can you be sure to get Golden Nuggets during the WW event?

Chop down a bunch of rock outcroppings! :D

mymonta
04-29-22, 01:32 PM
Chop down a bunch of rock outcroppings! :D

I only chop the one that is required and never get a Gold Nugget, so I wasn't sure how likely I would be to get more if I chopped more rock outcroppings.

SofiaDeo
04-29-22, 01:58 PM
I only chop the one that is required and never get a Gold Nugget, so I wasn't sure how likely I would be to get more if I chopped more rock outcroppings.
I think I get 1 nugget for roughly every 10-15 Rock Outcroppings. If I am otherwise full, I try to fill all open space with them, to get more gold nuggets during WW. Last time I got mmm 3 nuggets. Which at least leaves me "even" for most of the events asking for Nuggets on the Adventures. I don't think I often get enough of the "only obtained from random drop" things to do more than 3 Adventures during these events.

manga100
04-29-22, 04:48 PM

I'm averaging around 10-ish golden nuggets every WW, but I spend my time pretty much just chopping :p

nukesters2
05-05-22, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a weekday warrior tonight, wednesday May 5? With 2 events going on? I will have a 300 chop enemy right away and would rather wait for that!

SpiritWind00
05-05-22, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a weekday warrior tonight, wednesday May 5? With 2 events going on? I will have a 300 chop enemy right away and would rather wait for that!
No, not when we are in the middle of an event... it will be next week.

mymonta
06-08-22, 12:13 PM
Don't forget to gear up for today's WW event! Fill your crafting buildings, have crops to harvest and things ready to be chopped.

storm81775
03-22-23, 08:15 PM
Is weekday warrior available to every account?

Is it limited to certain accounts or are there restrictions based on the individual account goals/ quests that are active?

Several neighbors have it available to them tonight, but I'm not getting the prompt. I'm at level 30 so it's not a level thing & I've gotten it several times on previous weeks (where we are in between events).

There is no active event so that's not the restriction either. Tried checking for update and restarting device neither worked. Any ideas?

Nuicakes
03-23-23, 08:47 AM
Argh Grim workshop and potion shops do NOT work (again) for weekday warrior. it's so annoying that this keeps happening.

Why do they offer these "special event" buildings that are constantly excluded during timed events???!!! Now I have to pay gems to speed up my Tinker Camp because that's the only craft building that weekday warrior recognizes.

SummerSwan51
03-23-23, 10:24 AM
Is weekday warrior available to every account?

Is it limited to certain accounts or are there restrictions based on the individual account goals/ quests that are active?

Several neighbors have it available to them tonight, but I'm not getting the prompt. I'm at level 30 so it's not a level thing & I've gotten it several times on previous weeks (where we are in between events).

There is no active event so that's not the restriction either. Tried checking for update and restarting device neither worked. Any ideas?

I think it must have been limited to people level 45 and up who were participating in the new storyline. This is very unfair to everyone else.