PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 05/03: Freshening up with Florals event + more! | see page 1 for details

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

katbtodd
05-17-18, 08:23 AM
This is precisely why I refuse to spend another dime on this game. And why I do not and will not play any other S8 games. I have been practically shouting this for over a year. Happy players willingly spend, while unhappy players are not good customers. If they offered things players actually wanted, they would not have to resort to trying to force gem spending.

The only revenue they receive from me is whatever they gain when I watch the ads (free videos) in hopes of getting a good prize. Any gem purchases are made using gems I earn or win by playing the game. (Which means I am super careful when clicking to avoid traps, and I no longer get the special helpers like the now useless flower shop.....once burned, twice shy.)

They already force us to burn energy growing trees, because when not using new, exclusive pre-grown trees, most events call for acers, elms or birches. The only thing these willow trees could possibly help with would be a quick source of wood and maybe a few beasts.....and apparently even that gives players too much of an advantage.

The part that is the most disappointing is that we will probably never find out the conclusion to the original story. (The main reason I am sticking around.) My neighbors are the other reason, but I seem to be losing more and more of those........

I hear ya , every thing you wrote is how I feel too , I'm glad I'm not alone .this event really burnt me out ,,

MoonVillage3
05-17-18, 08:36 AM
Yes they were I had to keep buying them to get more flowers and they droped wood and living wood and sap
All I get from spring steed is 2 energy and been collecting for over a week,this is not right ,,all this work for 1 energy earned

Even if we didn't chop like other trees.. they dropped like normal trees without consuming and were always ready, which was a great style of tree.

We'll hope the Spring Steed has surprise high drops later to make up for the low drops it's giving.
I'm sure many spent enough gems during this tedious event buying the accessory items offered, which were gem priced, so spent enough gems to obtain a normal ali.
Let's hope in that to keep going.. I love my game, forum, frnds, nbrs, our way of helping each other.. and hope nothing changes as everything was great how it was.

MoonVillage3
05-17-18, 08:40 AM
Reading the last posts.. seems older players are thinking alike. Let's LOL but with eyes wide open.. and be ready for 'the new adventure' :o

VersaceMorrow
05-17-18, 08:53 AM
Still no splash screen...at least I haven't seen one.

katbtodd
05-17-18, 08:59 AM
Reading the last posts.. seems older players are thinking alike. Let's LOL but with eyes wide open.. and be ready for 'the new adventure' :o

Your so sweet trying to keep our spirits up ,this has been the first event after finishing I had to walk away,,S/8 has to lighten up ..more to life then being on my game 24/7 to get nothing in return

katbtodd
05-17-18, 09:01 AM

May-be expansions

katbtodd
05-17-18, 09:24 AM
Don't any body faint ,after 8 days of collecting and only getting 2 energies from my spring steed .. This morning I got a whooping 3 energies . I am thinking this going to hurt the game economy ,

podunkiana
05-17-18, 09:26 AM
Don't any body faint ,after 8 days of collecting and only getting 2 energies from my spring steed .. This morning I got a whooping 3 energies . I am thinking this going to hurt the game economy ,

Or they might suspend you from game.. because you clearly must be running some type of exploit to get the 1 extra energy.

wamboltia
05-17-18, 09:34 AM
My guard dogs (I got as a special purchase from the guardsman) just dropped a chest plate and hearty feast... good dogs!!!

This is my thin silver lining to this whole event mess. I can use both of those items dropped. Unlike things that drop eggs, white petals, and other boring easily acquireble items.

katbtodd
05-17-18, 09:42 AM
Or they might suspend you from game.. because you clearly must be running some type of exploit to get the 1 extra energy.

Laughing so hard here!!!! You made my day thank you I love this forum!

beefus
05-17-18, 10:15 AM

MOo all ya'all...

rl has been i the way recently... hopefully it will go away so I can get back to my virtual reality.

I like the people in it more than the ones irl anyway. =)

In response to the survey... What was your most favorite reward from this event...

I choose 'Other... please describe' ... "The Two energy I get from the Spring Stead."

All Hail the MOothraki!
Chief Beef
MOo!

ps - OMGosh, wait til I tell you about Bran's reaction when he was riding his Woodland Bull past the Baron's Game Tent. The flap blew open a little and he glimpsed the Dragon Bones being prepared for delivery to the kingdom.

It was the loudest *BURP*!!!! you have ever heard. Thurston even came running from the tavern, wearing half his armor and a fresh rooty beer mustache! That's a visual you don't get to see in the kingdom every day.

Gotta run,
MOo ya later!

PrincessCelestian
05-17-18, 10:41 AM

Bahahahahaha. This made me chuckle!!!

PrincessCelestian
05-17-18, 10:44 AM

Maybe they are trying to recode the trees to be choppable.

meme1098
05-17-18, 11:02 AM
MOo all ya'all...

rl has been i the way recently... hopefully it will go away so I can get back to my virtual reality.

I like the people in it more than the ones irl anyway. =)

In response to the survey... What was your most favorite reward from this event...

I choose 'Other... please describe' ... "The Two energy I get from the Spring Stead."

All Hail the MOothraki!
Chief Beef
MOo!

ps - OMGosh, wait til I tell you about Bran's reaction when he was riding his Woodland Bull past the Baron's Game Tent. The flap blew open a little and he glimpsed the Dragon Bones being prepared for delivery to the kingdom.

It was the loudest *BURP*!!!! you have ever heard. Thurston even came running from the tavern, wearing half his armor and a fresh rooty beer mustache! That's a visual you don't get to see in the kingdom every day.

Gotta run,
MOo ya later!

You always have a great Bran story to brighten the day...lol... MOo Chief!

I chose Other every time I could to be able to leave comments. My fav items were the guard dogs .... who weren't really a goal reward but side items available for purchase.

If today's gonna be another chop, collect & craft the same things over & over, I might just be joining Thurston at the tavern! But not for any rooty beer that's for darn sure...lol.

PrincessCelestian
05-18-18, 03:51 AM
Well I guess now it?s apparent why they made the trees no longer choppable. It would have given an ?advantage? to those players in the leaderboard and they wouldn?t have had to use gems.

AnnirasSweets
05-19-18, 11:54 AM
SW, not sure if you've seen this but figured it might be useful info for the hub/inventory:

During the event we could only craft 1 Spring Skunkupea then it was greyed out as "maxed." Last night when I was collecting my Marmopea I saw that it is now unlocked so they must've removed the cap after the event.

SpiritWind00
05-19-18, 04:56 PM
Oh cool I'll check it out! That means I'll need to add it to the nursery thread too. Thanks:)

rabsos
06-19-18, 06:39 PM
I purchased the gaurdsman but I still don?t have the stuff show up in my featured market...?

SpiritWind00
06-19-18, 07:15 PM
I purchased the gaurdsman but I still don?t have the stuff show up in my featured market...?
Make sure he's on your board first. You may need to force close your game to see the items. This thread has more info: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103750-Castle-Story-The-Town-Square-Maya-the-Mystic-Crowns&p=1522006&viewfull=1#post1522006
It could be that the new items won't be in the feature market anymore, but just the normal market tabs. Please let me know how you get on. :)