PDA

View Full Version : FOREST PARTY: Riviera Revel - 2018 May 1 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
05-01-18, 09:04 AM
How to play?
- Earn up to 500 points by raising a Sunrise Drake to level 10
- Hatching animals from your Nest
- Harvesting food at your Farms
- Evolving your animals
- Breeding your animals (2x Bonus from breeding during this event!)
- Obtaining the Colorful Coconuts or the Potted Palms
- Digging in the Mine

Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Colorful Coconuts : 75 palm leaves
Second Prize: Rivieria Tile : 185 palm leaves
Third Prize: Rivieria Flowers : 375 palm leaves
Fourth Prize: Palmingo (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1512277&viewfull=1#post1512277) : 2,000 palm leaves
Fifth Prize: Aqua Azteca (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1512276&viewfull=1#post1512276) : 3,200 palm leaves

Community Prizes
(unlocks at 1,500 - meaning once you have collected 1,500 palm leaves, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Marine Iguana (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1512278&viewfull=1#post1512278)
Second Prize: Food
Third Prize: Runes

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44082

Event Boosts
Colorful Coconuts - Collect 4 palm leaves / 4 hrs (75 gems)
Potted Palms - Collect 16 palm leaves / 4 hrs (250 gems)

Goals
Stalks at Sunrise
Goal 1
Hatch a Sunrise Drake
REWARD: 250 palm leaves

Goal 2
Raise your Sunrise Drake to level 10
REWARD: 250 palm leaves

Additional Info

Palmingo - 8hrs

Marine Iguana - 8 hrs

Aqua Azteca - 15 hrs.

Please help to post event information. Thanks.

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Arshdeep484
05-01-18, 08:54 PM
What is the flamingo like creature called and how many palm leaves we need to get it

Rynetory2
05-01-18, 11:38 PM
What is the flamingo like creature called and how many palm leaves we need to get it

Welcome to the forum. :)

It's the Palmingo. I don't know the exact amount yet until players get to it but I think it may be 2,000 if it's the same as last forest party. I haven't update the Creatures Guide yet but I'll add a link in Post 1 later. You can refer to it.

honoroll321
05-02-18, 05:30 AM
Palomino is 2000. Sigh

Callyvitale19
05-02-18, 11:21 AM
Palmingo - 8hrs and Aqua Azteca is 3200 pts

Phoenix406
05-02-18, 01:51 PM
I'm going to need to work hard to get the final prize because I really want it *and* the horse that we get at the end of the month if we collect all the creatures leading up to it. I'll probably only be able to get them on one account, not both, but that's okay.

Rynetory2
05-02-18, 09:36 PM
Did anyone get the event screen? Can someone help to post? Thanks.

nativeelfstar
05-03-18, 03:26 AM
Did anyone get the event screen? Can someone help to post? Thanks.

Idk how to post pictures on here or I would.

Take a screenshot and trim it. To post it on forum, go to the Quick Reply box where you type a new post, click on the last 3rd icon from the right in the toolbar and select From Computer tab. Follow the rest of the instructions to insert the photo. Rynetory2

Callyvitale19
05-03-18, 07:45 PM
Marine Iguana - 8 hrs

AppieP
05-03-18, 10:17 PM
CONGRATS Callyvitale19 for completing the milestone:cool:. Nice egg btw.

Callyvitale19
05-04-18, 12:44 AM
CONGRATS Callyvitale19 for completing the milestone:cool:. Nice egg btw.thank you and good luck

AppieP
05-04-18, 10:59 AM
I just broke my own record for mining. The last time during a WE I mined 4 runes.

My first time I mined 5:cool:

Callyvitale19
05-04-18, 12:00 PM
Aqua Azteca - 15 hrs. One down and 3 more to go for Wave Rider.

Phoenix406
05-04-18, 01:54 PM
I just broke my own record for mining. The last time during a WE I mined 4 runes.

My first time I mined 5:cool:

Congrats! I'm quite sure I never got 5 before! I rarely get 4, but I've gotten better at getting 3.

SoJam
05-05-18, 03:03 AM
Aqua Azteca - 15 hrs. One down and 3 more to go for Wave Rider.

Most players won't make it to 3200 points within 7 days; how did you manage it in half the time? How many sped breedings? Did you keep track of how many gems you use on this project? (I hope asking is not impolite.) How many nests are you using?
Oh, and congratulations, of course!

Callyvitale19
05-05-18, 08:11 AM
I buy a small amount of gems on sale if I can. I speed breed in the beginning using common animals and most of it depends on luck. I have 3 nests and I keep them full by purchasing an animal from the store for coins and I keep an animal in the evolution flower that i probably will sell at L4. I also plant charmed cherries every hr. There are plenty of WE's I wasn't able to complete.

AppieP
05-06-18, 05:05 AM
I just saw we all have unlocked the 2nd community price food.
Didn't get a pop-up screen that we did, or how many. Anyone else did or didn't get a pop-up screen of it?

SoJam
05-06-18, 05:09 AM
Challenging is not impossible. They never said you could win ALL the prizes without using gems. But you CAN get at least 2348 with only 1 nest and zero gems spent, IF and only IF you fulfill the Sunrise Drake goals AND collect the full 24-hour maximum yield from every structure (hatching=24, breeding=48, evolving=24, harvesting=6x24, coconuts=24) EVERY day for the full 7 days. Add nearly 60 points/leaves gathered through mining and you're looking at no less than 2400 points. You can do at least that much if you play with obsessive diligence and neglect the demands of your real life (LOL).
But players are going to use gems, whether they are free, earned, gifted or purchased. That's what the freaking gems are for; to gain some advantage in your game.

Impossible with 3 nests? THREE NESTS?!!!
Anybody with 3 nests (oh, I wish!) has already invested 750 GEMS plus precious space; the extra nests don't just show up (LOL)! And nobody operates 3 nests if they are not eager and able to at least speed breeding to keep those nests busy. I imagine that any player this heavily invested will even speed hatching on the 3 nests; speed evolutions; speed farms to feed the hungry super-rares; speed, speed, speed! Gems, gems, gems! Why not? Boy, I wish.

SoJam
05-06-18, 05:14 AM
Didn't get a pop-up screen that we did, or how many. Anyone else did or didn't get a pop-up screen of it?
I got 30,500 fruit. If there was a pop-up, it flew by while I was collecting stuff, but I don't think there was one.
I only know what the fruit drop was because I was watching for it and took a screen shot just before we got the community milestone.
Also, I dont know if we all get the same quantity. My forest is at Level 22.
...Or it may have been only 30,000 fruit, because I would have picked up some fruit on a couple battleground fights, which tend to drop 200-300 for a victory

miadoubled
05-06-18, 10:27 AM
Also didnt see one and didnt notice a increase in my food.. hmm i forget how much do they ususlly give us?

Phoenix406
05-06-18, 06:15 PM
I knew I needed the Aqua Azteca to get the Waverider, so I bought the Shadow Kirin package with 1500 palm leaves to insure I got it. Big investment, but it got me Shadow Kirin, Aqua Azteca, and will enable me to get the Waverrider, plus a little food. So about $7 per animal. Also insured I got the Palmingo, which I think I would have got anyway, but I'm not positive. This is on my newer account; the older account will need some speed breeding just to get community prizes. 😕 We have a long way to go to get the runes. 😕

Phoenix406
05-06-18, 06:15 PM
Also didnt see one and didnt notice a increase in my food.. hmm i forget how much do they ususlly give us?

I think 15,000 food and 8 runes. I got the food.

Phoenix406
05-06-18, 06:19 PM
Impossible with 3 nests? THREE NESTS?!!!
Anybody with 3 nests (oh, I wish!) has already invested 750 GEMS plus precious space; the extra nests don't just show up (LOL)! And nobody operates 3 nests if they are not eager and able to at least speed breeding to keep those nests busy. I imagine that any player this heavily invested will even speed hatching on the 3 nests; speed evolutions; speed farms to feed the hungry super-rares; speed, speed, speed! Gems, gems, gems! Why not? Boy, I wish.
I'm not sure that all your conclusions are correct. I have 2 nests but don't like to do much speed breeding. I use the second nest to buy lightning leopards to earn extra points during LB and WE. Just because someone spends $ to get extra nests doesn't mean they want to continually invest more gems in the game for speed breeding.

miadoubled
05-06-18, 06:52 PM
I think 15,000 food and 8 runes. I got the food.

Thank you. Yeah im sure i did too just never noticed!

Sakrysta
05-07-18, 05:52 AM
I might actually make it to the community prizes and get the Marine Iguana this time. MenollyPiper already made it thanks to the Sunrise Drake, and at 1821, might actually score the Palmingo as well.

Sakrysta has 1341, but also has the Sunrise Drake in the breeding den (finally!) plus a Sapphire Cthulhu to hatch in a little over an hour. With the 250 for the Sunrise Drake, the Marine Iguana looks like a foregone conclusion.

Persepheny has 1324, which means 176 Palm Leaves to acquire in 29+ hours. Doing the math, as long as I'm harvesting and hatching regularly, that should be achievable even if I don't manage to breed the Sunrise Drake.

Last Forest Party I didn't even try because these have been so hard. Moving the community prize threshold back to 1500 seems to have made them reachable without spending gems, which is nice. Still bummed that the grand individual prize is so far out of reach without spending gems, but I'll take what I can get!

Callyvitale19
05-07-18, 09:30 AM
I knew I needed the Aqua Azteca to get the Waverider, so I bought the Shadow Kirin package with 1500 palm leaves to insure I got it. Big investment, but it got me Shadow Kirin, Aqua Azteca, and will enable me to get the Waverrider, plus a little food. So about $7 per animal. Also insured I got the Palmingo, which I think I would have got anyway, but I'm not positive. This is on my newer account; the older account will need some speed breeding just to get community prizes. �� We have a long way to go to get the runes. ��congrats on Azteca and kirin. Sounds like a smart move to get you what you want. These new events are causing us to rethink our strategy. The kirin and sea monster are my favorites. Good luck.

Alohatami
05-07-18, 10:47 AM
I've kind of been ignoring the event, because I don't have time to babysit my game. I also only have two nests and four farms*, which makes it a lot harder to achieve the individual goals. However, since I was able to breed the Sunrise Drake, I will make the community goals. :) I really hope we make the runes, because I really need them.

*I had to sacrifice farms to make room for creatures. I still have so many in storage that I wish I could hatch.

Alohatami
05-07-18, 09:14 PM
22,000,000 to go to unlock the runes, and only about 14 hours left to do it. 🤤 I hope we make it!

liesl23
05-07-18, 09:35 PM
what would be the best crop to plant to get ahead in this event?

AppieP
05-07-18, 09:58 PM
what would be the best crop to plant to get ahead in this event?

The one with the longest plant time. Forgot the name but the one with 20 hours. This way you be sure you don't miss a perfect score for harvesting and collecting points for the WE. It's called Prunes if I'm not mistaken:o

liesl23
05-08-18, 05:35 AM
The one with the longest plant time. Forgot the name but the one with 20 hours. This way you be sure you don't miss a perfect score for harvesting and collecting points for the WE. It's called Prunes if I'm not mistaken:o

Thank you!! :)

miadoubled
05-08-18, 06:27 AM
A few hundred more points and ill make it to final prize...never got this far and of coarse i dont get a gem sale:(

Sakrysta
05-08-18, 07:02 AM

Well, mostly. ;) You want to make sure that your crops aren't going to be ready to harvest in the middle of the night or some other time when you're unable to collect. So Rune Prunes are good as long as the 20 hours will be up when you can harvest right after they are done. If planting 20 hours will mean it will be ready while you're asleep, then plant something else that will still give you the hours, but that you will be able to collect without losing hours.

I used to plant Rune Prunes back before Leaderboards, and before there were so many goals that involved feeding your animals. These days, I actually don't usually plant Rune Prunes because of the low yield for time invested. Right now my job is time flexible, which means I can reliably collect every hour, so I plant Charm Cherries throughout the day, and Mystic Mangoes overnight. If I know I will have a period during the day when I won't be able to collect hourly, I will plant Nexus Nuts. Of course, if coins are still an issue at whatever level you are, you can substitute Mana Bananas and Spell Melons. I use my iPhone's timer feature to set a reminder to collect and re-plant. Game notifications have not been reliable for me for a long time - I'll get a notification 30 minutes after the crops have finished.

Hope that's helpful! Ultimately, you want to plant the highest yield crops you can while still being sure you get the most event tokens per hour. It really all depends on your personal schedule and how often you can give attention to your game. :)

SoJam
05-08-18, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure that all your conclusions are correct. I have 2 nests but don't like to do much speed breeding. I use the second nest to buy lightning leopards to earn extra points during LB and WE. Just because someone spends $ to get extra nests doesn't mean they want to continually invest more gems in the game for speed breeding.

I'll agree that a second nest is not much of a big deal; I'll agree it's mostly for convenience, and may actually help to AVOID speeding eggs that may be holding up a pair that has finished breeding.
A THIRD nest is in a whole different league and requires a bigger leap in investment; whereas a second costs 250 gems, the third costs an additional 500 gems (750 altogether). At that stage, in for a penny -- in for a pound.
At any rate, people who spring for a third nest clearly have no objection to spending gems. That was my point.

SoJam
05-08-18, 08:34 AM
I knew I needed the Aqua Azteca to get the Waverider, so I bought the Shadow Kirin package with 1500 palm leaves to insure I got it. Big investment, but it got me Shadow Kirin, Aqua Azteca, and will enable me to get the Waverrider, plus a little food. So about $7 per animal. Also insured I got the Palmingo, which I think I would have got anyway, but I'm not positive. This is on my newer account; the older account will need some speed breeding just to get community prizes.  We have a long way to go to get the runes. 

Awesome! As much as I desired an ultra rare (I have only one), I choked at the thought of dropping $25 to secure Azteca.
Had I given it extra thought a lot earlier, I might have considered that it would also automatically have secured my Palmingo a while back and given me a shot at Wave Rider, not to mention saving me a whole lot of hassle and timers going off multiple times a day. I wasn't familiar with Shadow Kirin, so that didn't really jump at me.
I will finish with 2600 points if I speed up a hatching and a breeding during the last hour.
No Aqua Aztecs and no Wave Rider for me; but hey, I managed to breed two Sunrise Drakes, so there are four super-rare Sea creatures dancing in my Glowing Grotto; no complaints.

miadoubled
05-08-18, 09:17 AM
Between a rock and a hard place, sooo close but what to do what to do!!! I fear my chances of missing another animal are high if there were to be 2WEs and not leaderboards again

Got my aqua azteca!!

Sakrysta
05-08-18, 11:16 AM
Well, that's all folks. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with my results this time. Final tallies:

MenollyPiper: 2083
This account got the Sunrise Drake early enough to be able to evolve to level 10 with no time pressure. I get the continued impression that odds are greater for successful limited breeds the lower your player level. Too bad I can't slow that down without limiting my overall game play.

Persepheny: 1613
Only Skygers - no Sunrise Drake. I spent about 6 gems (I think) speeding my last couple Skyger breeds to get one more try in there, but alas, another 7-hour timer. Still, I kept my farms, nests, mine, and evolution flower hopping and at least got enough for the community prizes. The Marine Iguana is really cute (and a nice change from all the more "mainstream" animals we've seen lately), so I'm mostly content. Sure would have liked the Sunrise Drake though, just for its own sake.

Sakrysta: 2206
I was FINALLY able to breed the Sunrise Drake, which made all the difference. The breed came late, so I had to speed the last evolution, but that was only 3 gems; resources well spent.

Overall I'm still discouraged by the current Forest Party format. I have the feeling, however, that the change has increased Storm8's income due to people not wanting to miss out on the monthly goal animals. As this is a game that appeals to collectors, it makes sense to take advantage of that drive to complete the collection. But I really miss the old World Events where we all had a really good shot of completing the event and winning all the prizes.

AppieP
05-08-18, 11:28 AM
Congrats Sakrysta and the rest;) with the result.
I ended up with exactly 2600 Palm Leaves. The amount I was going for, so i could complete the side quest; Tropical Treasures. Happy with the event and my goals. Hope everyone did and get what they want.

SoJam
05-08-18, 11:35 AM
Looks like we got the runes. I got 18 (strange number). Does everyone get the same number of runes?

Sakrysta
05-08-18, 11:36 AM
I got 8.

AppieP
05-08-18, 11:44 AM
I got 8.

Me too

SoJam
05-08-18, 11:57 AM
I got 8.

That's a strange number too. I was wrong about mine. I already had 18 in storage - the number needed for my next expansion -- just didn't have the 1 million coins to use them; still don't. LOL. But I now have 26; so 8 were added as the event prize.

AppieP
05-08-18, 11:59 AM
@ SoJam - It isn't a strange number. At least not for a WE (forest party) it's a amount we always get.

liesl23
05-08-18, 02:20 PM
Well, mostly. ;) You want to make sure that your crops aren't going to be ready to harvest in the middle of the night or some other time when you're unable to collect. So Rune Prunes are good as long as the 20 hours will be up when you can harvest right after they are done. If planting 20 hours will mean it will be ready while you're asleep, then plant something else that will still give you the hours, but that you will be able to collect without losing hours.

I used to plant Rune Prunes back before Leaderboards, and before there were so many goals that involved feeding your animals. These days, I actually don't usually plant Rune Prunes because of the low yield for time invested. Right now my job is time flexible, which means I can reliably collect every hour, so I plant Charm Cherries throughout the day, and Mystic Mangoes overnight. If I know I will have a period during the day when I won't be able to collect hourly, I will plant Nexus Nuts. Of course, if coins are still an issue at whatever level you are, you can substitute Mana Bananas and Spell Melons. I use my iPhone's timer feature to set a reminder to collect and re-plant. Game notifications have not been reliable for me for a long time - I'll get a notification 30 minutes after the crops have finished.

Hope that's helpful! Ultimately, you want to plant the highest yield crops you can while still being sure you get the most event tokens per hour. It really all depends on your personal schedule and how often you can give attention to your game. :)

Thank you :)

Rynetory2
05-08-18, 10:57 PM
1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you complete all individual prizes?
3. Did you unlock community prizes?
4. How did you find the event duration?
5. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

NannaSherry
05-09-18, 05:46 AM
I have given up on the world events with the format so I don't even try to take part. I wasn't crazy about any of these animals, so it made that choice very easy. There were times when I knew I would never finish, but still took part to see if I could even breed what was new to garner important points, but I didn't even care this time as the creatures weren't that appealing.

LilliDee
05-09-18, 01:22 PM
I do not understand upping the first individual prize to 2000 and lower the community to 1500. Why not keep both at 1500? No one got 2000 without breeding the Sunrise Drake or spending real money. I was not able to breed the Sunrise Drake which means no individual creature prizes and I probably won't receive which monthly creature needed the items received from getting 2600 pts. I only earned just over 1600. Why not make breeding easier? Or make both the community prizes and the first individual creature attainable to those players who like myself try over and over to breed the special creature but can't but also won't spend any real money attaining digital creatures. Let the people who like to drop cash be able to get the ultra rare but at least other players like myself come away with something of value. Or go back to how it was where with diligent breeding and collecting we could win ALL the prizes. Once that first creature, the pony in this WE, we're collecting during the month to receive the bonus creature at the end of the month is out of reach it makes all the monthly events less interesting. This has all been said before.

Penguin2016
05-12-18, 10:11 PM
I do not understand upping the first individual prize to 2000 and lower the community to 1500. Why not keep both at 1500? No one got 2000 without breeding the Sunrise Drake or spending real money. I was not able to breed the Sunrise Drake which means no individual creature prizes and I probably won't receive which monthly creature needed the items received from getting 2600 pts. I only earned just over 1600. Why not make breeding easier? Or make both the community prizes and the first individual creature attainable to those players who like myself try over and over to breed the special creature but can't but also won't spend any real money attaining digital creatures. Let the people who like to drop cash be able to get the ultra rare but at least other players like myself come away with something of value. Or go back to how it was where with diligent breeding and collecting we could win ALL the prizes. Once that first creature, the pony in this WE, we're collecting during the month to receive the bonus creature at the end of the month is out of reach it makes all the monthly events less interesting. This has all been said before.

Yes. All of this. And if you don’t have the time to babysit the game, as I didn’t this past week, there’s no chance of even getting the 1500, thus giving us absolutely NOTHING AT ALL of value. There’s really no point in trying if even the lowest of the valuable prizes is unattainable, for me anyway. I certainly won’t spend any gems, even to speed breed. I’m (sort of) ok with the last prize being unattainable without spending, but at least let the average player be able to get the first two animals.

Rynetory2
05-21-18, 07:04 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.