PDA

View Full Version : Nautical New Animals and More in May!

MannersMouse
05-01-18, 11:45 AM
Hi all! Hope you have had an excellent spring so far! May has arrived, so I'm here to give you some info on the new stuff coming to the Forest this month.

What should you be on the lookout for? A bunch of new animals! The new Sea type! And two new grand prize animals to add to your Forest: the Sea Queen and Sea King.

Sea Queen: Starting on 5/1 and throughout May you can get Tidal Tiaras from participating in events, tournaments, battling in the Colosseum, and obtaining the Pearlescent Podium decoration. Get enough Tidal Tiaras and you will bring the Sea Queen to your Forest!

43999 44000

Sea King: Starting on 5/1 and throughout May you can get Coastal Crowns from completing goals by hatching specific limited time animals, breeding all animals, wheel spins, and obtaining the Tidal Throne decoration. Get enough Coastal Crowns and you will bring the Sea King to your Forest!

44001 44002

Event Prizes
Queen of the Sea (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1512274&viewfull=1#post1512274)
King of the Sea (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1512273&viewfull=1#post1512273)

Event Boosts
Pearlescent Podium - collect 64 Tidal Tiaras / 8 hrs until June 1st (450 gems)
Tidal Throne - collect 64 Costal Crowns / 8 hrs until June 1st (450 gems)

Hope you all have a great month and thank you for playing!

AppieP
05-01-18, 11:50 AM
Wow nice creatures. Almost look like fairy's. Love the king the most. Lets see how much luck i have this month for the limited breedables. Hope I can get these. Can't wait.... Good luck all.

AppieP
05-01-18, 12:42 PM
See Queen and King:

Completing side quest Wave Rider animals:

Sakrysta
05-01-18, 01:01 PM
Less and less a fan of the fairy trend. Most of them are creepy-looking to me.

And we already have a Water element, with plenty of Ocean/Sea-themed creatures. First we got Traveler with the symbol that looks like the Earth to get mixed up. Now we have Sea and Water. Next will be Fire and ... Flame? Nature and Leaf?

Sorry, I know I sound like a whiner today. It's just ... sigh. I'm going back to trying to breed the sale animals.

Callyvitale19
05-01-18, 01:46 PM
I really don't like these 2 as much so I'll skip trying to win them this month and maybe the colosseum as well. Im out of room so if I happen to win them by getting pts going after something else I'll have to keep them in storage. I will try for the Wave Rider thou. Good luck anyone who wants them.

Phoenix406
05-01-18, 03:05 PM
Less and less a fan of the fairy trend. Most of them are creepy-looking to me.

And we already have a Water element, with plenty of Ocean/Sea-themed creatures. First we got Traveler with the symbol that looks like the Earth to get mixed up. Now we have Sea and Water. Next will be Fire and ... Flame? Nature and Leaf?

Sorry, I know I sound like a whiner today. It's just ... sigh. I'm going back to trying to breed the sale animals.

I agree. I really hate to criticize anyone's artwork, but I do not like these creatures and don't care if I get them or not. However, I really want the side quest "Wave Rider" animals!! They are lovely. I am really enjoying all the flowery animals that we are having currently, although I don't know how much they appeal to the male players of the game. May be a little too frilly for them. Actually, I guess these latest ones are "wavy," not "flowery."

poofyena
05-01-18, 04:28 PM
Not a fan this month, thank goodness as I?m out of supplies lol. They?re beautiful creatures just not to my taste.
I like a couple of the wave rider animals. Hoping I can manage the ones I like.
I am wondering how they are going to be obtainable though. After two lb last month I?m a tad worried.

mysticalfairy320
05-01-18, 06:21 PM
I love them, but I am a lover of mermaids! They are different which is what a lot of people asked for. I will try and get all I just need more land! Can someone post a pic of the new habitats? My game is always loading and I have been buying the last 2 new habitats blindly. Thanks!

AppieP
05-01-18, 10:07 PM
I love them, but I am a lover of mermaids! They are different which is what a lot of people asked for. I will try and get all I just need more land! Can someone post a pic of the new habitats? My game is always loading and I have been buying the last 2 new habitats blindly. Thanks!

I think you want to see this ones?:

mysticalfairy320
05-02-18, 08:07 PM
Yes thank you! Now I have to delete a regular habitat to make space, I hope next month we get more land! These would be perfect by the water u know the area where we can't expand yet wink wink!

DragonPhoenix6
05-03-18, 02:40 PM
I think S8 makes amazingly beautiful animal designs most of the time but this time I am not a fan of the sea queen and king, of course I will play again this month to get the horses and the other animals that are very pretty but I was a bit disappointed with this new element, too many new elements are coming up and I just wish that S8 stuck more with the old ones, for example, this month is labour day so I was really hoping they would create new service animals... I just bought the Captain K9 as I didn?t have any service animals but it would have been great to be able to play for some new ones instead of a new element that nobody knows how it will perform in battles...
it would be great to see all the old elements back in new animals, such as service, magic, planet, ice cream, skull, tree, zodiac and birthstone...

Rynetory2
05-03-18, 10:24 PM
Can someone post a pic of the new habitats? My game is always loading and I have been buying the last 2 new habitats blindly. Thanks!

For future reference, I have been posting pictures of habitats in the Main Guide as soon as they are out. You no longer have to buy blindly. :)

Rynetory2
05-03-18, 10:24 PM
Please take note:

This monthly event runs until June 1st. Some of the goals may end a few days later to give us more time to finish the specific tasks. The goals will give you the rewards if you complete them before the goals' end date. But regular activities like breeding will stop giving the drops once the next monthly event starts. So please take note of the end date.

NannaSherry
05-04-18, 04:03 AM
I think S8 makes amazingly beautiful animal designs most of the time but this time I am not a fan of the sea queen and king, of course I will play again this month to get the horses and the other animals that are very pretty but I was a bit disappointed with this new element, too many new elements are coming up and I just wish that S8 stuck more with the old ones, for example, this month is labour day so I was really hoping they would create new service animals... I just bought the Captain K9 as I didn?t have any service animals but it would have been great to be able to play for some new ones instead of a new element that nobody knows how it will perform in battles...
it would be great to see all the old elements back in new animals, such as service, magic, planet, ice cream, skull, tree, zodiac and birthstone...

I feel the same way DragonPhoenix. Way too many new elements when maybe they should bring another round of Egyptian or Service etc. Originally we had a single element animal too. Early on the Saintly Bernard was JUST Service. Same with Melodeer, just Music. Then they added a second element to it later. Now they are starting to give us JUST a single element Valentine or Spring which I like. But back to the nautical animals, not only am I unimpressed with them and the fairy mermaid/men, I'm done with world events. I don't participate for reasons I've already stated. When they add unappealing creatures makes it twice as easy.

mysticalfairy320
05-04-18, 08:45 AM
For future reference, I have been posting pictures of habitats in the Main Guide as soon as they are out. You no longer have to buy blindly. :)

Thanks!

Sakrysta
05-09-18, 05:18 AM
I just have to say, this last batch of animals have BEAUTIFUL eggs. I was just going through the Creatures Guide updating my own lists, and wow. They're just stunning!

Penguin2016
05-09-18, 07:34 PM
I’m a bit surprised to see how unpopular these designs seem to be... I love, love, love the creatures this month! I think they’re my favorite of the limited animals thus far.

Callyvitale19
05-10-18, 07:00 AM
King of the Sea - 15hrs. I wasn't going after him but he showed up anyway.

Rynetory2
05-10-18, 07:48 AM

Congrats!! It's such a pretty and tiny egg. :D

Callyvitale19
05-10-18, 07:58 AM
Congrats!! It's such a pretty and tiny egg. :Dthanks, it was a surprise. You're right it is smaller than other eggs. I didn't notice till you mentioned it. I guess if I want the queen I would need to complete both the tourney and colosseum plus what ever else they put out there, all are easier said than done.

AppieP
05-10-18, 10:13 AM

WOW congrats with your KING!! Really nice, hope I also get it this month. Wish me luck;)

Something entirely different.....
I just made it to Max level:cool::cool:

Callyvitale19
05-10-18, 11:05 AM
WOW congrats with your KING!! Really nice, hope I also get it this month. Wish me luck;)

44275thank you and sending luck your way. He came out of no where, however the queen is going to be much harder I think.

alienonacid
05-10-18, 12:52 PM

Did you get the King through just breeding?

Callyvitale19
05-11-18, 06:43 AM
Did you get the King through just breeding?I think breeding, hatching and evolving all contribute. There may have been a side quest, I don't know because I wasn't trying for him. Good luck

SoJam
05-11-18, 09:39 AM
I think breeding, hatching and evolving all contribute. There may have been a side quest, I don't know because I wasn't trying for him. Good luck

So let's be clear. Did the egg drop into your nest as a pair finished breeding? Or did the egg drop into an empty nest while you were doing some other task that earned Coastal Crowns? Or did the egg show up in your storage? Nothing comes out of nowhere. I guess what we are curious about is whether KOTS is breedable; and if so, what parents did you use?

Callyvitale19
05-11-18, 11:33 AM
So let's be clear. Did the egg drop into your nest as a pair finished breeding? Or did the egg drop into an empty nest while you were doing some other task that earned Coastal Crowns? Or did the egg show up in your storage? Nothing comes out of nowhere. I guess what we are curious about is whether KOTS is breedable; and if so, what parents did you use?I think it happened when i got done evolving the coastal kirin to L4 and then I bred the coastal kirin to the mermaid for the bell fairy when a message came on the bottom to collect the bell fairy but because all my nests were full the bell fairy went into storage and then another message came up to collect the king which also had to go into storage until I had a nest available. Like I said I wasn't trying for the king or queen so I wasn't following how close or far away I was from getting them. Also remember that pts for the nautical animals also came from the WE were I did some speed breeding. I didn't do any during SB because I got the parrot fish on 1st try. I did check the queen after that and I'm not even half way there. Good luck if you're going after the nautical animals i was just trying to complete the SB when it happened.
FYI: I didn't have to hatch the bell fairy to get the 24 runes. They also showed up to collect.

SoJam
05-12-18, 08:16 AM
I think it happened when i got done evolving the coastal kirin to L4 and then I bred the coastal kirin to the mermaid for the bell fairy when a message came on the bottom to collect the bell fairy but because all my nests were full the bell fairy went into storage and then another message came up to collect the king which also had to go into storage until I had a nest available. Like I said I wasn't trying for the king or queen so I wasn't following how close or far away I was from getting them. Also remember that pts for the nautical animals also came from the WE were I did some speed breeding. I didn't do any during SB because I got the parrot fish on 1st try. I did check the queen after that and I'm not even half way there. Good luck if you're going after the nautical animals i was just trying to complete the SB when it happened.
FYI: I didn't have to hatch the bell fairy to get the 24 runes. They also showed up to collect.

Okay, so it's definitely from your accumulation of Coastal Crowns. In any case, hearty congratulations! That must have taken quite a lot of work, even if you were doing it for other pursuits. It's glorious when the game gives you such synergistic results.
Now I need to drop by and take a peek (although your huge forest makes my game freeze and crash -- LOL). Yay for you!!!

miadoubled
05-16-18, 08:36 PM
I got my king the other day still haven't found room to hatch yet but was a nice surprise seeing as i cant breed the limited! I think I'm far out of reach for the queen tho;(

SoJam
05-18-18, 03:59 PM
Is there any benefit to collecting Coastal Crowns AFTER you already have King of the Sea?
I need to know because I'd rather not plant another 60 Spell Melons if I don't need to.

Rynetory2
05-18-18, 07:21 PM
Is there any benefit to collecting Coastal Crowns AFTER you already have King of the Sea?
I need to know because I'd rather not plant another 60 Spell Melons if I don't need to.

Nope and congrats.

LauraGSJK
05-21-18, 02:23 PM

Woohoo!! Congratulations! How long have you been playing, AppieP? I'm really happy for you. :D

AppieP
05-21-18, 02:39 PM
Woohoo!! Congratulations! How long have you been playing, AppieP? I'm really happy for you. :D

Thanks girl:o. I'm playing about 3 years now. A lot has happens in that time. But still having fun playing.
And I'm almost at the end for the King of the Sea b.t.w.
I'm wondering if I reach it for the Queen as well.

AppieP
05-22-18, 11:26 AM
Yeeeh!!!

So happy with my KING.

Callyvitale19
05-22-18, 01:20 PM
Yeeeh!!!

So happy with my KING.congratz on getting the king. I actually like the king better than the queen which is great because I probably won't get her.

AppieP
05-22-18, 02:06 PM
congratz on getting the king. I actually like the king better than the queen which is great because I probably won't get her.

Thanks a lot. Same here, don't know how far you are, but I need 6000 more for the Queen. And I also like the King better. Good luck for you to.

Callyvitale19
05-23-18, 06:52 AM
Thanks a lot. Same here, don't know how far you are, but I need 6000 more for the Queen. And I also like the King better. Good luck for you to.the chances of me getting the queen is very slim. In order for me to collect more tiaras I need to hatch my aqua ursa and my lantern fish but with no room they have to sit in storage. I don't know why I'm even bothering with the colosseum because that too will sit in storage. Luckily I don't like the queen that much so I'm not going to sell anything to make room. I do want the sea serpent so ill have to find a way to aquire that one so I can get wave rider as well but until I know what element(s) I need to sell I'll have to wait. However I'm wishing you luck on getting her.

Phoenix406
05-23-18, 05:04 PM
I'll probably get the King on both accounts and the Queen on neither, so they will forever be separated, or my King will forever be alone, or something along those tragic lines. *sigh*

MystiqueRealm
05-24-18, 11:49 AM
Another water dog coming Friday?! Geez

Raddx3
05-24-18, 01:31 PM
All of these sea creatures but no Seafoam Unicorn :(

Callyvitale19
05-24-18, 02:00 PM
All of these sea creatures but no Seafoam Unicorn :(the seafoam unicorn is an ultra rare so it may be a while before we see it again.

Rynetory2
05-24-18, 08:10 PM
Event thread is up. Please continue the discussion there. Thanks!
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104690-FOREST-PARTY-Deepest-Depths-2018-May

gramland
05-25-18, 01:28 PM
Just got the Queen to join her king!...her egg is very teeny!. Good luck to everybody still trying for them.

AppieP
05-25-18, 02:48 PM
Just got the Queen to join her king!...her egg is very teeny!. Good luck to everybody still trying for them.

Congrats with your Queen as well. I think i can made it too.
And I also thought the kings egg was very tiny....

AppieP
05-27-18, 02:17 AM
Hooray now I got both:p

And I just figured this is the first month I actually did get both.

miadoubled
05-27-18, 08:10 AM
Just earned my queen.. what is with the egg!

gramland
05-27-18, 09:27 AM
Hooray now I got both:p

And I just figured this is the first month I actually did get both.

Congrats AppieP!!

AppieP
05-27-18, 10:38 AM
Congrats AppieP!!

Thanks a lot gramland:o

And congrats to everyone else who made it.

Callyvitale19
05-27-18, 11:36 AM
Thanks a lot gramland:o

And congrats to everyone else who made it.I agree, congrats to everyone getting the king and/or queen.

Phoenix406
05-31-18, 09:12 AM
I'll probably get the King on both accounts and the Queen on neither, so they will forever be separated, or my King will forever be alone, or something along those tragic lines. *sigh*

I managed to get both the King and the Queen, and it appears that they are "Shoal" mates. lol! 44634

Phoenix406
05-31-18, 12:21 PM
Congrats with your Queen as well. I think i can made it too.
And I also thought the kings egg was very tiny....

The eggs for these creatures *are* much smaller than normal, and I see that with a couple of the other new animals as well. I hope that the eggs aren't all going to be so small now. I really enjoy looking at the eggs and wish that there were a way to save some of the eggs for display. But if they are this small, they are now hard to see and make out the details, which is a shame.

Alohatami
05-31-18, 07:35 PM
I have no idea how I did it, but I just won the king. For the queen, however, I'm only 39% of the way there. 😂

Penguin2016
06-01-18, 09:53 AM
I have to say... what an awful month this was! Overall much harder than usual, and in particular, *two* of the forest parties!! I don?t even want one forest party per month, let alone two!! Despite spending what I consider to be a substantial amount of gems, I was only able to get three limited animals this month (and thus can?t even fill the habitat!) This is incredibly disappointing considering I love the design for these animals. It?s distressing to see the greed get to the point to where the average player can hardly win enough, even with the use of some gems, to make participating worthwhile. At least when the months had two leaderboards, there were more (and obtainable) options for worthwhile prizes.

verololo
06-02-18, 03:00 PM
Is it possible to still get some tidal tiaras??? And if so, how?
I just need a few more and it says I still have 3 days...

AppieP
06-02-18, 03:17 PM

Yes you can get some, but sadly enough only if you pay for. You can buy a pack on the right side with Tidal Tiaras. Or spent the gems for the points you miss on the goal. No more through breeding/hatching or other ways sadly enough for you.

Rynetory2
06-03-18, 08:25 AM

Check your goal list and see if you have unfinished goals that give you tidal tiaras, otherwise it's only by gems as AppieP mentioned.

Zaynee79
06-03-18, 10:38 PM
Will the king and queen be available again in the future? I really played a lot this month trying to get these 2 and only made it a little over half way. Love them so much but can't buy them.

Rynetory2
06-04-18, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Sometimes we get limited creatures back and sometimes we dont. I'm afraid there's no definite answer as Storm8 does not speculate ahead of releases. Hope they will return.