PDA

View Full Version : Collection issue

vickicp
04-29-18, 12:02 AM
I am on the last game piece in room 5 and still have not received a single item for my collection. I have opened over 200 envelopes. Is this normal? I emailed support but they said they didn?t help with game play issues and to ask the community. I didn?t want extra help just wanted to know if this was a bug or I just needed to be more patient .

PikaSquirrel
04-30-18, 10:50 AM
There are no issues with the Collections feature, please see ExcalS8's response below:

Thanks everyone for submitting reports about this matter. One of the developers and I ran an extensive series of integration tests (sample size in the millions) over the last couple of weeks, and results were within expected parameters. We also combed through user data gleaned from reports and determined that the overall drop rate was consistent with our integration test findings across all rooms.

One thing that is important to consider about Collectibles is they only appear inside Mystery Chests (or Mystery Envelopes in CLUE). They don't come from Bingos or daubs. It's possible to play a bunch of cards, Bingo them all, and get no Collectibles because the number of Mystery Chests earned was low. Since the drop rate is for the room is static, the more Mystery Chests you open, the more Collectibles you will receive on average (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers).

One fairly advanced (and riskier) strategy is to make the most of your cards and boosts by intentionally delaying Bingos until the game is about to end. If you Bingo a card after 4 balls are called, and the game ended 30 calls later, you essentially gave up 30 opportunities to daub additional numbers on that card. If you Bingoed that card before daubing its Mystery Chest, then you missed out on that opportunity to collect that Mystery Chest (and ultimately, a chance at a Collectible). This is even more true when activating a Mystery Chest boost, which adds more Chests to all your cards. Of course, the risk here is obvious: the longer you delay your Bingos, the faster you have to be to claim them before all remaining Bingos are called... but often, it's worth it.

1e73n0G3
10-22-18, 12:38 AM
How are experience points calculated and earned? I need 14,000 to complete challenge

ExcalS8
10-22-18, 11:51 AM
How are experience points calculated and earned? I need 14,000 to complete challenge

XP is earned from correct daubs. The higher the level of the room (the later it unlocks), the more XP each daub contributes. Choosing a higher multiplier (2x or 3x) doubles or triples the amount of XP you have earned for that round. If you want to maximize your XP gains, the best strategy is often to not Bingo a card immediately, but rather get as many additional daubs as you can before the round ends (just don't forget to claim your Bingos before the round is over!). Good luck!

jts0929
11-21-18, 07:22 AM
I too am in The Loft and approaching the completion of Level 5 with NO items in the collection. Seems like a bug to me. Please advise, support team!

jts0929
11-21-18, 07:27 AM
Apologies, but your explanation does not match what I have been experiencing. I have been opening many mystery envelopes with no success. Not one. I have been playing both Clue and Monopoly bingo and have never seem anything remotely like this. Something has changed or is not working properly.

ExcalS8
11-21-18, 12:33 PM
Hi jts0929! I did find an issue with The Loft specifically related to Mystery Chests. I pushed a fix for it, so you should be finding Collectibles as expected now.

Thanks for the report!

jts0929
11-22-18, 06:16 AM
Working now. Thank you!