PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Pretty Puddles - 2018 Apr 24 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
04-23-18, 09:22 AM
Lily Drake, Puddle Paddler, Water Dog - new creatures
More information on Lily Drake (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510640&viewfull=1#post1510640), Puddle Paddler (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510641&viewfull=1#post1510641), Water Dog (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510642&viewfull=1#post1510642) in Creatures Guide.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43894

Event Schedule
Event is live from Apr 24 at 11:30am PT.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the Storm8 time zone.

Event Boost
Rain Basin - collect 20 points / 2.5 hrs (175 gems)
Rain Barrel - collect 60 points / 2.5 hrs (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to game levels.

50 points - Mystery box
350 points - Puddle Paddler (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510641&viewfull=1#post1510641)
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - Showery Stone
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - Adorabull (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453293&viewfull=1#post1453293)
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,200 points - Glowing Garden (Electric, Dark, Water)
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,400 points - Sirrus (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454165&viewfull=1#post1454165)
6,000 points - Water Dog (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510642&viewfull=1#post1510642)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43907

Rank Prizes
1st - Lily Drake (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510640&viewfull=1#post1510640), Gold trophy
2nd - Lily Drake (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1510640&viewfull=1#post1510640), Silver trophy
3rd - Bronze trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 35,000 coins, 20,000 food, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 25,000 coins, 15,000 food
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals
Paddling for Points
Goal 1:
Hatch a Puddle Paddler
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2

Raise Puddle Paddler to level 3

Goal 3

Raise Puddle Paddler to lvl 12.
REWARD: 400 leaderboard points.

Puddle Paddler - took 8 hours to hatch.
Evolving 8 hours.

Food shedule: D

Water Dog
8 hours.
*Food Schedule D*

Lily Drake - 15 hrs

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

heyyou0123
04-23-18, 11:44 AM
Wow just finished leaderboard and storybook now leaderboard again. But that i may can join last one before i have to skip after that for my surgical

Callyvitale19
04-23-18, 12:22 PM
Wow just finished leaderboard and storybook now leaderboard again. But that i may can join last one before i have to skip after that for my surgicalI know and I'm definitely not happy about it either. Cute dragon but this is getting to be too much.

Sakrysta
04-23-18, 01:08 PM
I can't do another Leaderboard right now. All my resources are depleted from the last one and the Storybook. Maybe Persepheny if my group isn't ambitious, but my other two accounts don't even have 100,000 food at the moment. Most of the time, it takes me using a boost and feeding at LEAST 500,000 in food (probably more) to win a Leaderboard grand prize animal - assuming everyone else doesn't go crazy.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad it's completely out of reach this time. I'm just going to sit back and rebuild my stores for next time.

AppieP
04-23-18, 02:17 PM
I can't do another Leaderboard right now. All my resources are depleted from the last one and the Storybook. Maybe Persepheny if my group isn't ambitious, but my other two accounts don't even have 100,000 food at the moment. Most of the time, it takes me using a boost and feeding at LEAST 500,000 in food (probably more) to win a Leaderboard grand prize animal - assuming everyone else doesn't go crazy.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad it's completely out of reach this time. I'm just going to sit back and rebuild my stores for next time.

Me too, not ready for another LB. The only goal for me is to complete and finish the milestone. Hope there are a few nice prizes I don't posses. Good luck.

Phoenix406
04-23-18, 02:40 PM
Same here. No food, no chance of getting the grand prize. I wonder why they didn't do a world event instead.

poofyena
04-24-18, 02:45 AM
Whaaat. I don?t have the food for a leaderboard again, I was prepared for a community event.
First LB I?ve liked the final prize in for a long time too.

Sakrysta
04-24-18, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I have to admit that the grand prize is pretty cute. Maybe they'll bring it back at some point.

knickknaks
04-24-18, 07:31 AM
I used to like leaderboards but now I’ve moved up a bracket or something, I think, because it’s impossible for me to win them. I’m not even level 100 and I’m out on boards with level 200 people who have, like everything and buy all the boosts and win by a landslide. So I’ll probably have no chance at getting the dragon which is a shame, because it’s really cute. The little duck is cute thought as well so that’s something at least. c:

Pretty depleted resource-wise right now as well. We’ll see how this goes... (:”

Callyvitale19
04-24-18, 07:33 AM
This LB has the 4th animal, Waterdog, for Petal Peryton. I wonder if it'll also give us Fawn Flowers towards the Fawn. Hope so, if not I hope they give us a quest that will help us collect more flowers.

JustKay
04-24-18, 11:06 AM
Two leaderboards in both DS and FFS! This is too much. Am going to get in trouble at work at this rate >_< ... putting the squeeze on us. I just hope they don't finish at exactly the same time. Right now it looks like they'll be offset by at least 1 hour, but who knows until they start. I can understand why they might test out a tandem finish... force diehard players to spend big to get a huge lead so that they don't get sniped on the game they can't monitor (while they are watching the finish on the other one). I feel like that'd be going too far tho

Destiel0918
04-24-18, 11:49 AM
Puddle Paddler - took 8 hours to hatch.
Evolving 8 hours.

Food shedule: D

Sakrysta
04-24-18, 12:07 PM
Aww, and a Adorabull! I love that guy! And of course one of the best things about a Leaderboard is a new habitat!

miadoubled
04-24-18, 12:23 PM
Of coarse in a big spender leaderboard again!:(

AppieP
04-24-18, 12:32 PM
Aww, and a Adorabull! I love that guy! And of course one of the best things about a Leaderboard is a new habitat!

Came here to say exactly the same thing. Really happy to see the Adorabull is back. Missed it last time with the Tourney. And love the habitat. One i don't have yet. Good luck everyone. I'm not fighting for 1 or 2nd place this time. Let's see if I can complete the milestone without spent a lot of food.

Phoenix406
04-24-18, 12:33 PM
Personally I am happy that DS and FFS have synced up their events so that both are doing a LB at the same time and a Tales at the same time. However, I had not thought of what @Justkay posted about how we can only monitor one game at a time. Also, I have 2 of each game, so really can't monitor both. But FFS takes precedence for me, always. I hope I can place in the top 6 so I can get food and runes. Any place below that is just not worth it.

This LB has repeats for me: I have 3 Adorabulls on account 1, but none on account 2. I have the Sirrus on account 1, but I don't think on account 2. I also have a Glowing Garden on account 1, but I will *never* object to a free habitat, especially a really pretty one!

So, just to be absolutely certain, we do *not* get extra points for hatching the Puddle Paddler even if we are using a boost? I really thought that in the past we could get 450 points if we were using a 1.5x boost, but I did not get extra points this time, so I guess it *is* a waste of gems to boost that early in the game.

Sakrysta
04-24-18, 12:37 PM
I also have a Glowing Garden on account 1, but I will *never* object to a free habitat, especially a really pretty one! I couldn't find this one in the forum game guide, so I thought it was new. Can you tell us which elements it houses?

tahitii
04-24-18, 12:42 PM
First one in my group already has above 6k points 😒 It's unfair how players are grouped

Phoenix406
04-24-18, 01:02 PM
I couldn't find this one in the forum game guide, so I thought it was new. Can you tell us which elements it houses?

Oops! I guess I have an 2 Enchanted Gardens but no Glowing Garden, so it may be new for this event after all. They usually don't come up with a whole new habitat for a leaderboard, though. BUt I do NOT have one after all. Sorry for the confusion.

It is a previously released habitat that holds electric, dark, and water. It is very pretty! Would love to have 2. Well, I guess I'll have 2 if I get one on both accounts!

carolineannlv
04-24-18, 02:01 PM
I'm actually thrilled. I was really worried it'd be an event I have no luck in at all. Saying that, I know I will not get grand prize, this isn't so bad though as I have none of the animals this time and I'd love a double for the habitat. I love the theme, I love the animals, the Sirrus and Adorable are animals I've always wanted. What a gift and what a way to end a month of beautiful animals.

Bravo.

Good luck to anyone who actually tries for top ranking, as I know it's going to be hardest on you and lower level players.

Callyvitale19
04-24-18, 06:26 PM
I like all the animals and the 2 I already have will go in storage and of course the waterdog is the final animal to get petal peryton. I really like the dragon but of course its the grand prize and not worth obsessing over but good luck all.

littelprince0313
04-24-18, 07:01 PM
First one in my group already has above 6k points 😒 It's unfair how players are grouped

Can top that: mine has over 8k

MangoLicorice
04-25-18, 01:47 AM
I probably won't try for Lily Drake this time since I placed first in my group in the last one (and there's a big spender in my group I have no real chance of competing with :p) but I'll be trying my hardest to complete milestones for Waterdog. The peryton is so close...!
Very happy to see Sirrus as a milestone prize, I missed it last time it was around and it's one of the best looking animals in my opinion.

arlinedragons1
04-25-18, 06:29 AM
How are groupings determined? This leaderboard was out of reach within 30 minutes. Lead person is almost at 9k with a double boost on. How does this make sense?

josep0217
04-25-18, 07:06 AM
Goal 2:
Raise Puddle Paddler to level 3

Callyvitale19
04-25-18, 07:12 AM
I'm curious about what players consider a "big spender". I do spend some money on games but like a lot of people I have a certain amount set a side. I'm sure it's all relative, what's considered a lot for one person may be very little for someone else. Thanks and good luck

mutley00
04-25-18, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I have to admit that the grand prize is pretty cute. Maybe they'll bring it back at some point.

Yes it?s quite nice, but it looks to me a re-colour of the Snapdrake!

mutley00
04-25-18, 09:00 AM
How are groupings determined? This leaderboard was out of reach within 30 minutes. Lead person is almost at 9k with a double boost on. How does this make sense?

Don’t let it get to you. From my experience the early ‘flash artists’ often end up stumped over the last few days. Better to hold off ‘till nearer the end if you’ re wanting to go for it. However even then you may be *****ed of the final goal. I ended last LB in clear 2nd place (photo to prove) yet within half an hour I got notification of 3rd place. Complained to Tech Supp but got usual tosh of “timing issues”. Seriously, don’t waste your valuable food stocks!

Sakrysta
04-25-18, 10:49 AM
Yes it?s quite nice, but it looks to me a re-colour of the Snapdrake!

Very possible. I wasn't able to breed that one, so I don't have anything that looks like him.

AppieP
04-25-18, 02:07 PM
Goal 3:
Raise Puddle Paddler to lvl 12.
REWARD: 400 leaderboard points.

honoroll321
04-25-18, 05:06 PM
Hmm....let's see, on my leader board first place is.... dun dun dun..... a grand 6,571! And I am... DUN DUN dun.....a much lower 2234 ( or so).... great just GREAT heh heh

heyyou0123
04-25-18, 05:26 PM
Any one know how many hours waterdog is?

miadoubled
04-26-18, 06:19 AM
Hmm....let's see, on my leader board first place is.... dun dun dun..... a grand 6,571! And I am... DUN DUN dun.....a much lower 2234 ( or so).... great just GREAT heh heh

The person in my group hit 9k before it was even released for 30minutes.. no real chance at all. Im at a low 3200 in second but hopefully all the players run out of resources soon because its been a nattle of thee boost since it started! Good luck to all

tahitii
04-26-18, 07:31 AM
First one in my group has now 10k and second place is boosting all the time... Just wish the final prize was for the top five positions 😟

Phoenix406
04-26-18, 01:25 PM
First one in my group has now 10k and second place is boosting all the time... Just wish the final prize was for the top five positions ��

Amen! Limiting the top prize animal to just 2 players is too few, in my opinion. It should be top 5. Or, get this, it could be like the other milestones and have a threshold - a fairly high threshold, but still, if all 20 people in the group manage to achieve, say 12,000 points, they all get it. The top 2 would get it no matter what, and if the others wanted it bad enough and could achieve enough points, they would get it, also.

Phoenix406
04-26-18, 01:27 PM
So, just to be absolutely certain, we do *not* get extra points for hatching the Puddle Paddler even if we are using a boost? I really thought that in the past we could get 450 points if we were using a 1.5x boost, but I did not get extra points this time, so I guess it *is* a waste of gems to boost that early in the game.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. So, I had a boost going when I leveled by Puddle Paddler to level 12, which is supposed to give 400 lb pts, but I clearly got a notice saying I had 600 pts. So can anyone say for sure or not whether we get extra lb points using boosts on the side goals like that?!??!? @Rynetory ?????

Rynetory2
04-26-18, 08:01 PM
Yes, I'm quoting myself. So, I had a boost going when I leveled by Puddle Paddler to level 12, which is supposed to give 400 lb pts, but I clearly got a notice saying I had 600 pts. So can anyone say for sure or not whether we get extra lb points using boosts on the side goals like that?!??!? @Rynetory ?????

I'm checking on this. We usually get extra points from the goals when we use boosts. Are you very sure you didnt get them the previous time? Glad that you did this round.

Rynetory2
04-26-18, 08:03 PM
What about the rest of you? Did you guys get extra leaderboard points from the Paddling for Points goals with boosts?

miadoubled
04-26-18, 08:24 PM
What about the rest of you? Did you guys get extra leaderboard points from the Paddling for Points goals with boosts?

I dont believe i got extra points during the boost for paddler

Rynetory2
04-30-18, 06:54 AM

I dont believe i got extra points during the boost for paddler

I didn't get an answer from the team on this but I got extra leaderboard points from the Paddling for Points goals while using boost. I would suggest that you contact Support via support form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for an agent to check your game.

bonniesafire
04-30-18, 06:44 PM
Any one know how many hours waterdog is?

Hatching for waterdog is 8 hours.

G4OU812
05-01-18, 08:24 AM
Hoping to finish in 4th place after holding 2nd place for a few days without using gems nor boosts throughout the leaderboard. Then, with 22 hours to go. someone comes along from out of nowhere and is boosting, overtakes 1st place. I go to their forest and see a Honey Bear egg on nest, I leave for a few seconds and go back, egg is gone and no bear in site. I repeat going back and forth to their forest every few seconds and see breeding, then I see egg, back and forth. Only saw evolving twice out of 8 times that I started looking. Really pathetic. Hope they miss a utility bill payment.

Callyvitale19
05-01-18, 09:34 AM
Hoping to finish in 4th place after holding 2nd place for a few days without using gems nor boosts throughout the leaderboard. Then, with 22 hours to go. someone comes along from out of nowhere and is boosting, overtakes 1st place. I go to their forest and see a Honey Bear egg on nest, I leave for a few seconds and go back, egg is gone and no bear in site. I repeat going back and forth to their forest every few seconds and see breeding, then I see egg, back and forth. Only saw evolving twice out of 8 times that I started looking. Really pathetic. Hope they miss a utility bill payment.you hope they miss a utility payment? I'm sorry but that sounds childish to me. S8 is in business and LB is where they make money. Instead of being grateful that there are people who can and will spend money to help keep this game free for others you wish them bad. I've won some LB's and I've definitely lost quite a few. What that person was doing is what I refer to as speed breeding, breed, hatch and sell over and over again and It can use a lot of gems. Every game I play (I play 3 games) the very top prize can occasionally win by luck but if you really want to win it usually cost money. Im not crazy about "snipers" but we all have diffetent strategies and i understand why some hold back till the end to decide to go for it or not. There are some that buy boosts everyday and sometimes 2 or 3 time a day. Its a game and thats all part of it. I'm sorry you went from 2nd to 4th but please don't wish bad for those who win.

Sakrysta
05-01-18, 09:58 AM
Agreed. I get tired of seeing people who strive to win these contests constantly being characterized as "snipers" or being somehow devious or bad-spirited for simply using common sense and strategy. Granted, I will agree that players who run their totals super high and buy multiple boosts seem unwise. But not knowing anything about them personally, I see no reason to wish them ill. For all we know, they budget their money carefully so that they can play the game how they want. We have no idea how they achieved the means to accomplish their goals.

I hoard and scrimp and plan and weigh my odds carefully when playing a Leaderboard. I don't spend a dime, but I do often win. It makes the most sense for me not to expend significant effort until the very end, for the very reason I see most players complaining about. There's still time for someone else to come along and beat you, or run up the score and either convince you to spend more than you wanted to, or surrender having spent a lot of resources for no gain. Plus you can watch your group - if you have big spenders, you know you'll just have to sit back and wait for the next Leaderboard, and you haven't wasted resources.

I don't get why people get so upset. It's a game. If it's that distressing, I would consider stepping back and considering how much value I was placing on something that isn't real - or for that matter, how much money I was spending.

Sakrysta
05-01-18, 11:41 AM
Grrr!!! I got distracted and missed the ending! I wasn't seriously planning to try for the grand prize this time, but I was at least going to feed enough to get the milestones! I am so mad at myself! :(

honoroll321
05-01-18, 11:49 AM
I spent more than 50 dollars to use at the end of the leader board to get ahead only to be third!!!! I am soooooo angry right now! AND I used a lot more throughout the whole thing!!! What a waste I am not spending on lb anymore!!!

AppieP
05-01-18, 11:53 AM
Grrr!!! I got distracted and missed the ending! I wasn't seriously planning to try for the grand prize this time, but I was at least going to feed enough to get the milestones! I am so mad at myself! :(

Sorry to hear that you didnt complete the Milestone. Feel sorry for you.

JustKay
05-01-18, 12:31 PM

You weren't the only one... my regular nemesis was in my group again and I thought I might have a chance to challenge them again after losing the last few LB to them. Was almost disappointed that they didn't boost and even try to do anything at the end :p There were other competitors though, but I should be grateful I managed to win gold this time in their absence :D They normally hit around the 14 000 mark in past LBs!

Sakrysta
05-01-18, 01:08 PM
Congrats JustKay! I honestly didn't even look at who were in my groups this time. Only Persepheny's group went really high, but I was determined not to spend any more food than necessary unless the groups were super easy. At least this way, I didn't talk myself into trying at the last minute. LOL

Sugarcat5
05-01-18, 03:09 PM
I am pleasantly surprised that i got first on my baby acct and second on my main acct. I do boost often on my main acct to stay competitive and several people in my group took a big lead almost right away so I didn't think I had a chance but I strategized a little and i was able to get second. So happy about getting the lily Drake on both acct. It's so adorable. My baby acct I only boost once for the entire thing so I didn't have much hope in the beginning but I just crept into the lead towards the end n held on. Congrats to all the other winners out there n for those of u who didn't do as well as u wanted there is always next time so don't give up hope.

nativeelffaye
05-01-18, 03:33 PM
I am very pleased with this leaderboard :D

Callyvitale19
05-01-18, 03:33 PM
I am pleasantly surprised that i got first on my baby acct and second on my main acct. I do boost often on my main acct to stay competitive and several people in my group took a big lead almost right away so I didn't think I had a chance but I strategized a little and i was able to get second. So happy about getting the lily Drake on both acct. It's so adorable. My baby acct I only boost once for the entire thing so I didn't have much hope in the beginning but I just crept into the lead towards the end n held on. Congrats to all the other winners out there n for those of u who didn't do as well as u wanted there is always next time so don't give up hope.congrats on a double win.

Sugarcat5
05-01-18, 06:32 PM
congrats on a double win.

Thank u so much!!

Callyvitale19
05-01-18, 07:30 PM
Lily Drake - 15 hrs

Rynetory2
05-01-18, 10:21 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Callyvitale19
05-02-18, 10:09 AM
I think this is constructive criticism although some may not. LB's aren't my favorite but I really don't mind them either. What I find offensive is the constant name calling and trying to make players who do spend real money feel guilty. I did win this one and i posted the egg, usually I keep quiet if I win because some may take it the wrong way. I'm just happy that I was able to win one. Yes, as a rule to win a LB you will need to use gems and I realize not everyone can or is willing to spend money. I have a small budget set aside for entertainment and sometimes I spend it here. S8 is in business and I think LB is were they get a lot of revenue from. Please stop trying to belittle players that spend some money to win and start thanking them and have some gratitude because every penny people spend on this game adds up and keeps this game free for everyone who can't or won't spend money. I don't spend much but I do want to thank everyone that does. Rant over

Sakrysta
05-02-18, 10:20 AM
I think this is constructive criticism although some may not. LB's aren't my favorite but I really don't mind them either. What I find offensive is the constant name calling and trying to make players who do spend real money feel guilty. I did win this one and i posted the egg, usually I keep quiet if I win because some may take it the wrong way. I'm just happy that I was able to win one. Yes, as a rule to win a LB you will need to use gems and I realize not everyone can or is willing to spend money. I have a small budget set aside for entertainment and sometimes I spend it here. S8 is in business and I think LB is were they get a lot of revenue from. Please stop trying to belittle players that spend some money to win and start thanking them and have some gratitude because every penny people spend on this game adds up and keeps this game free for everyone who can't or won't spend money. I don't spend much but I do want to thank everyone that does. Rant over

Phoenix406
05-02-18, 02:00 PM
I spend *way* too much on this game and DS. It's getting ridiculous, and I still don't manage to win LBs anymore.

heyyou0123
05-02-18, 03:43 PM
Look alike it easier to win when same leaderboard with dragon story for most of people in here, like me i can only choose one leaderboard to play, i chose dragon can not joined fantasy :( sad

Rynetory2
05-11-18, 10:38 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.