PDA

View Full Version : Food hoarding!!!

sta18ff
04-10-18, 03:12 PM
Am I the only one who ran out of money due to making so much food? I remember when I started and only had a few stoves it was impossible to keep up. Now I have about 50 stoves, and over 250 million servings of food on my counters! Wonder who else does this, and how much food others have saved up.

twospoons
04-10-18, 07:02 PM
Not everyone can afford 50 appliance slots, so you're probably ahead of the game that way.

jinjw
04-11-18, 10:53 AM
Holy [], how many gems does it take to get 50 appliances? You might be alone in this conundrum ����

twospoons
04-11-18, 02:01 PM
actually, i'm curious: how much did you pay per slot? somebody here once said it didn't cost them anything to get extra appliance slots. maybe there is a range or a glitch for some people, and you're just really lucky.

sehana
04-11-18, 02:14 PM
waaaay back in 2013 or so (before the change), extra appliance slots (more than 18) were only 24 gems.... I believe....

sta18ff
04-12-18, 07:41 AM
Just to clarify, I have been playing daily for about 7 years I'm guessing. I counted and I have 66 spots. After the "free" ones from leveling up, they cost 49 gems each space. I have never paid real money to buy gems, just what I got from goals, food mastery, and recently the "gems for videos" after I reinstalled the basic game version to get those 10 or so gems free each day. I also rarely ever use gems for decorations, only stove spots. You are welcome to stop by or add sta18ff

sehana
04-12-18, 01:43 PM
Just to clarify, I have been playing daily for about 7 years I'm guessing. I counted and I have 66 spots. After the "free" ones from leveling up, they cost 49 gems each space. I have never paid real money to buy gems, just what I got from goals, food mastery, and recently the "gems for videos" after I reinstalled the basic game version to get those 10 or so gems free each day. I also rarely ever use gems for decorations, only stove spots. You are welcome to stop by or add sta18ff

I'm also very closely the same way with gems. :)

sgoetzinger99
04-12-18, 06:46 PM
Am I the only one who ran out of money due to making so much food? I remember when I started and only had a few stoves it was impossible to keep up. Now I have about 50 stoves, and over 250 million servings of food on my counters! Wonder who else does this, and how much food others have saved up.

Why would you not simply stop cooking???

twospoons
04-12-18, 11:21 PM

Okay...I'm still trying to figure out how that one person got free slots! But yeah, if you're lucky enough to get 10 free gems daily, you don't need discounted slots. (I have the same offer on my smaller accounts, but spend them on decor.)

sta18ff
04-27-18, 08:55 AM
If I remember correctly, every so many levels that you go up, it unlocks a stove spot, maybe up until you have about 10 spots. After that you have to buy them with gems. If you get 10 gems a day from videos, you can open a new spot every 5 days or so.

twospoons
04-27-18, 09:54 PM
It's 18 that you get for free.

planetpeace12
06-23-18, 11:38 PM
You get 18 appliance slots for free between every few levels (I think until Level 73) then it is 49 gems per extra slot or to get a new slot earlier.

planetpeace12
06-23-18, 11:42 PM
waaaay back in 2013 or so (before the change), extra appliance slots (more than 18) were only 24 gems.... I believe....

I wish they still were for 24 gems. Now we have to spend 49 for each extra slot. :(

adreamdeferred
07-10-18, 07:25 AM
I am level 75 and always have plenty of food. When it was 4th of July week, I had to keep deleting food because I wanted the festive food spread out (and not all go to 1 counter) like the Celebration Trifle and burgers/dogs ;-)

crocodylus
07-10-18, 05:19 PM
If you’re stock piling food you’re better off stock piling roast chicken and clearing every other dish from your counters. As most people would know not every dish earns the same amount of coins per serving. Roast chicken earns 8 coins per serving which is the highest you can earn from a dish whereas the majority of dishes will only earn 4 coins. You double your profit! I personally clear any dishes that only earn 1,2 or 3 coins per serving. It takes every customer 30 seconds to finish a meal regardless of what dish it is so I only allow higher earning dishes on my counters. My goal is to stock pile roast chicken only but continue to cook other recipes to earn the gems but clear them as I make them. I hope this helps.

adreamdeferred
07-11-18, 10:24 AM
Wow. Never knew this. Thanks!

sta18ff
07-15-18, 07:26 AM
Thanks, I had actually just gone through the charts about a month ago to decide what to stock up on next, and had settled on roast chicken!